PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Mycosynth Golem

~RaikouRider243~
16th August 2006, 4:37 AM
MYCOSYNTH GOLEM

Fifth Dawn Rare

11: Artifact Creature - Golem

Affinity for artifacts (This spell costs 1 less to play for each artifact you control.)

Artifact creature spells you play have affinity for artifacts. (They cost 1 less to play for each artifact you control.)

4/5

I like having the ability to play all your creatures for free or little mana, but getting him out can be a pain unless you play lots of things like Ornithopter and Welding Jar, or Phyrexian Walker for old schoolers.

3/5

The_Darkness_Incarnate
17th August 2006, 1:09 AM
It can be a fun card, assuming you manage to get it out intact. It dies all too easily to any artifact hate, and the effect is merely "okay", and would be hard to break. Generic fun crap rare.

2/5

klducks
18th August 2006, 8:06 PM
Your ornithopters and welding jars and moxes get affinity for artifacts! yes! (bad joke, i know)

However, this card seems kind of redundant. It's pretty much a lategame card that really doesnt do much (it does efficient things, but not a lot)

By turn 1 - 3, you practically dropped your whole hand. So youre basically top decking for something w/o affinity for this guy to take effect. it's really just a vanilla 4/5 if you ask me.

2/5

Felix Feral Fezirix
19th August 2006, 2:25 PM
This card scream MYR OVERLOAD! Put in a few Beacon of Tomorrows, Loxodon Warhammers, Cranium Plating and you're set. Pwnt. If you accelerate your mana, you get get this dude out 2nd turn and drop everything out of your hand for battle. OVERLOAD!

3.5/5.