PDA

View Full Version : Hajime No Ippo

Marku
16th August 2006, 1:11 PM
Does anyone here read it? im up to volume 70 chapter 2.

My favorite characters are Ippo and Takamura.

Akaba
16th August 2006, 1:27 PM
I'm up to the latest RAW chapter!

Takamura is a blast, Aoki is funny as hell with Brocolli Man, Kimura is great in his fight with Mashiba and Ippo is just an awesome characther with a complex life. Itagaki is also pretty cool with his owning of Sendo's hoss.

At this second in the manga,

Scratch J, Jimmy Sisfa, Miyata's former knock-out buddy, got beat by Ippo in his unoffical coquest of the OBPF with Miyata running away from his destiny, 70 volume fight with Ippo. Now, Ippo it seems, from a Volume cover, kill two more fighters and take down the OBPF that way!

Also, in other news, Randy Boy Jr. faces Miyata for the OBPF title in a blockbuster soon. Can Miyata get revenge for his father? Will evil Randy from the Phillipines take the belt?!

Yeah, Randy will take it - they don't want Ippo/Miyata yet at least and if Miyata keeps it they will fight sometime. If Randy wins it, we get Randy/Ippo.

WHICH WOULD RULEZ!

That Scary Clefairy
16th August 2006, 6:14 PM
Yea i've only read the first couple volumes but from what I did read, It was fasinating and I seems to love it. It seems like Boxing series are always good and provide great stories. It's the same with One Pound Gospel by Rumiko Takahashi.

Too bad this probably never will get liscensed as 70+ volumes would take a LONG time.

BattleFranky~40
16th August 2006, 10:19 PM
Jojo got liscensed, and it's currently at almost 90 volumes.

Of course, so far Viz is only releasing Part 3, but still.

That Scary Clefairy
16th August 2006, 10:41 PM
Jojo got liscensed, and it's currently at almost 90 volumes.

Of course, so far Viz is only releasing Part 3, but still.

also viz has Golgo 13 yet they are only releasing about 15 volumes of special chapters. No way hell they'll get all 175 volumes.

also like with JoJo too, never will release them all.

Chances are if they(or anyone for the matter) ever DO liscense Ippo, probably only go for a certain amount or something which would suck.

Jojo, pulled that off cause the first saga (vol1-13) is more so on a "prequel"

And with Golgo 13, it episodic and one chapter has nothing to do with another for the most part.