PDA

View Full Version : New Banned List!

Judai Yuki
18th August 2006, 1:35 PM
The Advanced Format will be used at premier events, and the World Championship.

ADVANCED FORMAT LIST EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 1st

I. Forbidden Cards

You cannot use these cards in your Deck or Side Deck:

BLACK LUSTER SOLDIER - ENVOY OF THE BEGINNING
BUTTERFLY DAGGER - ELMA
CHANGE OF HEART
CHAOS EMPEROR DRAGON - ENVOY OF THE END
CHAOS SORCERER
CYBER JAR
DARK HOLE
DELINQUENT DUO
EXCHANGE OF THE SPIRIT
FIBER JAR
HARPIE'S FEATHER DUSTER
IMPERIAL ORDER
LAST TURN
MAGICAL SCIENTIST
MAKYURA THE DESTRUCTOR
MIRAGE OF NIGHTMARE
MONSTER REBORN
PAINFUL CHOICE
POT OF GREED
RAIGEKI
SINISTER SERPENT
SNATCH STEAL
THE FORCEFUL SENTRY
THOUSAND-EYES RESTRICT
TIME SEAL
TRIBE-INFECTING VIRUS
TSUKUYOMI
WITCH OF THE BLACK FOREST
YATA-GARASU

NEW! - Chaos Sorcerer, Snatch Steal, Thousand-Eyes Restrict, Tsukuyomi

II. Limited Cards

You can ONLY use one of the following cards in the Deck & Side Deck combined:

BOOK OF MOON
BREAKER THE MAGICAL WARRIOR
CALL OF THE HAUNTED
CARD DESTRUCTION
CEASEFIRE
CONFISCATION
D. D. ASSAILANT
D. D. WARRIOR LADY
DARK MAGICIAN OF CHAOS
EXODIA THE FORBIDDEN ONE
FUTURE FUSION
GRACEFUL CHARITY
GRAVITY BIND
HEAVY STORM
INJECTION FAIRY LILY
JINZO
LAST WILL
LEFT ARM OF THE FORBIDDEN ONE
LEFT LEG OF THE FORBIDDEN ONE
LEVEL LIMIT - AREA B
LIMITER REMOVAL
MAGE POWER
MAGIC CYLINDER
MAGICIAN OF FAITH
MASK OF DARKNESS
METAMORPHOSIS
MIRROR FORCE
MORPHING JAR
MYSTICAL SPACE TYPHOON
NIGHT ASSAILANT
NOBLEMAN OF CROSSOUT
POT OF AVARICE
PREMATURE BURIAL
PROTECTOR OF THE SANCTUARY
RIGHT ARM OF THE FORBIDDEN ONE
RIGHT LEG OF THE FORBIDDEN ONE
RING OF DESTRUCTION
SACRED PHOENIX OF NEPHTHYS
SANGAN
SCAPEGOAT
SPIRIT REAPER
SWORDS OF REVEALING LIGHT
TORRENTIAL TRIBUTE
TREEBORN FROG
TWIN-HEADED BEHEMOTH
ULTIMATE OFFERING
UNITED WE STAND

NEW! - Future Fusion, Gravity Bind, Magician of Faith, Nobleman of Crossout, Ring of Destruction, Spirit Reaper, Ultimate Offering

III. Semi-Limited Cards

You can ONLY use two of the following cards in the Deck & Side Deck combined:

APPRENTICE MAGICIAN
CREATURE SWAP
DECK DEVASTATION VIRUS
EXILED FORCE
GIANT TRUNADE
GOOD GOBLIN HOUSEKEEPING
MANTICORE OF DARKNESS
RECKLESS GREED
REINFORCEMENT OF THE ARMY
UPSTART GOBLIN
WALL OF REVEALING LIGHT

NEW! - Exiled Force, Giant Trunade, Reckless Greed, Wall of Revealing Light
NEW! - The following cards are no longer Limited: Drop Off, Emergency Provisions, Lightning Vortex, Reflect Bounder
I like it for one.^^

-Judai

Torkoal Stu
18th August 2006, 1:57 PM
Awesome.

Non-limited Drop Off and Emergency Provisions is awesome in my book.

Glad Cyber Dragon isn't limited, that would ruin Cyber Decks as we know it. And Future Fusion, glad they kind of stopped the threat of uber Chimeratechs. Though Future Fusion limited to one does sort of ruin my Roid deck >_< I guess i'll have to stick with Power Bond and Vehicroid Connection Zone.

Not to shabby though.

Judai Yuki
18th August 2006, 7:01 PM
Yeah, but i'll probably be adding Cyber-Stien and Future Fusion to my roid deck.

-Judai

Aquadon
18th August 2006, 7:13 PM
Yeah, but i'll probably be adding Cyber-Stien and Future Fusion to my roid deck.

-Judai

Won't we all =\

Stien is supposeddly going to dominate this format. I say this will open originality a little bit though. It's going to go 3 ways IMO: Pheonix, Stein OTK, or, what I call, the TRUE Cybernetic Revolution.

Judai Yuki
18th August 2006, 7:53 PM
Lol But I bet noone besides me and Torkoal are running roids.

-Judai

~RaikouRider243~
18th August 2006, 10:12 PM
I'm running ninjas this format. =D

Judai Yuki
18th August 2006, 10:48 PM
Or you could run Freed the Brave Wanderer or even Bazoo.^^

-Judai

~Sirnight~
18th August 2006, 11:10 PM
Well, this is personally not good for me, just traded for a second Reaper, a Sorcerer, and second Magian of Faith, ironic. Other than that though, it seems pretty good. 1 Nobleman is back, and 2 Walls of Reveling Light will screw up the deck of someone I know, they use that Reversal Quiz thing where they only run three Walls and all Spells.

Judai Yuki
18th August 2006, 11:34 PM
Everyone keeps saying machines will rule.....System Down even though that wont stop my roids.^^

-Judai

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
19th August 2006, 1:49 AM
hmm... I love this list, Chaos Sorcerer is finally out of the way! that screws up my older bro's deck, and many other peoples decks.

I knew Future fusion was going to be on there, seemed too broken.

Lightning Vortex not on the list anymore and the absense of cyber dragon on the list make me go wtf tho... Cyber Dragon I can understand though, cyber decks.

and no Zaborg? T_T

Ring of Destruction will kill us all.....

Judai Yuki
19th August 2006, 2:17 AM
Oh yeah, gotta run Ring too.;) Noone will use even 2 Lightnings.lol

-Judai

MADHATTER
19th August 2006, 2:40 AM
Looking through my deck right now, I just realized that half of them are banned =/.

Why ban them, though? Change of Heart and things like that make strategies harder and stuff >___>;;.

Judai Yuki
19th August 2006, 2:45 AM
No, they are banned because they are broken and don't need to be used by advanced players.Even though 90% of the yugioh players run advanced nowadays.

-Judai

~RaikouRider243~
19th August 2006, 2:47 AM
Oh yeah, gotta run Ring too.;) Noone will use even 2 Lightnings.lol

-Judai

I'm thinking about running 2 Lightnings. At least sided.

Judai Yuki
19th August 2006, 2:48 AM
I guess you could run two of them.Just make sure you dont use it to like kill of 1 monster.Try to kill off at least 2.

-Judai

Silver Arrow
19th August 2006, 2:49 AM
Dang, no Tsukyomi and Sorcerer. Guess that makes a dent in my RFG Burn deck. So, I can still replace them! I actually like this one.

Judai Yuki
19th August 2006, 2:52 AM
Most people do like this list, they are just complaining that Cyber-Stien isn't banned.Which he isn't ban worthy.

-Judai

Raito
19th August 2006, 5:14 AM
I'm not sure what I'm doing this format. T_T. I'll just see what is CC and see if it's cost efficient.
The ban list looks good, as it will take care of this meta's problems.

~RaikouRider243~
19th August 2006, 6:20 AM
I believe that Stein not being restricted is the reason why Ring's back. With a Ring facedown, the OTK can totally backfire.

Tsuku gone is nice, but with it gone, I don't get why Book of Moon didn't get taken off the list. Or at least moved up to semi...

If you're whining about Stein OTK, side 3 Solemn Judgment like I do.

I'm maining 2 Royal Decree in a Strike Return this format...

Torkoal Stu
19th August 2006, 7:44 AM
Or Dimension Wall for Stien OTK, when they attack with their fusion, they get all the damage.

Too easily flawed Stien OTK really.

But no Tsukuyomi and only one Book of Moon :/ That is just like trying to stop us flipping face down, GASP!!!!

Judai Yuki
19th August 2006, 8:10 AM
I guess because Tsuku kills off so many monsters played.

-Judai

The Requiem
19th August 2006, 10:07 AM
Anyone who says Stein OTK is flawed hasnt been spanked by a well built one.

Anyone who thinks Ring of Destruction does ANYTHING to counter the Stein OTK is totally delirious.

Siding in Solemn? Good luck with that, I'd like to see how quickly you burn away your lifepoints, After you pay your life down to like 2000 they wont NEED to use stein.

If anything, stein got a one season pass to wreak a little havoc all over the place. With Exiled at two, Last Will fetches that mofo faster than you can say Sengenjin. I like how Ring is gonna blow up the fusion that isnt there yet, b/c 9 times out of 10, they're gonna go for your backfield.

How do you shut out Cyber Stein OTK?

Forget wasting LP on Solemns, side in Prohibiton and hope to crap you can grab one and stop Trunade from absolutely boning you and you at least get a SHOT at slapping them around, so that they cant hit that hefty stein cost.

Future Fusion at one doesent totally stop the Chimeratech OTK but it makes it a HELL of a lot less feasible.

Whats gonna run rampant this format?

You're asking Orochi? (yes fools, Its me I changed my name =/)

I say Sacred Pheonix loves the fact Ring is back.
I say Cyber Stein is going to have a field day.
I say Sand Moth might be teched again for awhiile.
I say Maseolum control will be something to keep an eye on.
I say Ring is the least of your worries. Embrace the monster removal.

You all stay classy now.

~RaikouRider243~
19th August 2006, 3:46 PM
Or Dimension Wall for Stien OTK, when they attack with their fusion, they get all the damage.

Too easily flawed Stien OTK really.

That's why my Stein OTK runs 3 Royal Decrees. I thought of Dimension Wall, that's why I side 3 Solemn Judgments instead. My main build would mostly help Stein anyway because I main 2 Decrees...

Mikau
19th August 2006, 3:47 PM
I like this list. Now I can add more Lighting Vortexs in my deck.

Judai Yuki
19th August 2006, 3:50 PM
Mikau: Don't do that Lightning were taken off the list for a reason.It's not needed to you that many.I doubt even two.

-Judai

Mikau
19th August 2006, 4:00 PM
You haven't met my friend. He always detroyed my one Vortex. Now I could get him with three.

Judai Yuki
19th August 2006, 4:07 PM
Make sure you have the six cards to give up for that.0_o

-Judai

Torkoal Stu
19th August 2006, 4:08 PM
Unless he has a Dark World/Remove from Game deck, the cost of Vortex will destroy him.

Mikau
19th August 2006, 4:10 PM
Make sure you have the six cards to give up for that.0_o

-Judai

Don't worry about that. My friend has cards whose effects give me two cards each time it attacks. Plus, I'm pretty sure I won't use them all at the same time.

Judai Yuki
19th August 2006, 4:12 PM
Unless he has a Dark World/Remove from Game deck, the cost of Vortex will destroy him.
Dark World's effect won't work off of Lightning Vortex, as Lightning effect is a cost.

-Judai

Torkoal Stu
19th August 2006, 4:14 PM
Dark World's effect won't work off of Lightning Vortex, as Lightning effect is a cost.

-Judai
Really, I thought when you discarded them it counted so they would just come back, the ones that do that.

My bad...

Judai Yuki
19th August 2006, 4:15 PM
Nope which is why Graceful Charity is the one card outside of the Dark World theme that helps them.

-Judai

Mikau
19th August 2006, 4:27 PM
I just noticed that Chaos Sorceror is on the Forbidden list. This is cool now my friend has to take his out.

zeppelin
19th August 2006, 4:57 PM
****! i have chaos socerer inmy deck..and my deck was built round him.i guess ill use another deck.

Aquadon
19th August 2006, 5:52 PM

Not if he uses Daimond Dude to get Vortex to work.

Right now, I'm going to have 2 decks. Armed Dragon, and E-Hero. Both right now will be good in the advance Format, and will give Stein a run for its money.

Pheonix might be harder though.

Torkoal Stu
19th August 2006, 6:06 PM
Well this list is no longer on the TGC Site so people over at Janime are saying when the list goes back up they hope its getting changed.

I just hope Stien players will get something done to them.

EDIT: And I never thought of Diamond Dude, interesting.

Raito
19th August 2006, 6:50 PM
I came back into the game at the right time. It's simple again.

Hey Orochi! =D

R-N-B Lover
19th August 2006, 7:16 PM
Snatch Steal limited?!? Oh well time to break out the Brain Controls. Nice to see Ring back, but for how long. Still its a new trap for my LV Deck :)

Mikau
19th August 2006, 8:09 PM
Not if he uses Daimond Dude to get Vortex to work.

What does Diamond Dude do? I have been curious about the D-Heros for some time now.

Raito
19th August 2006, 8:38 PM
From Pojo, ffs
003 DESTINY HERO - DIAMOND DUDE (RARE)
ATK - 1400 DEF - 1600
DARK 4* WARRIOR (EFFECT)
WHILE THIS CARD IS FACE-UP ON YOUR SIDE OF THE FIELD, YOU CAN LOOK AT THE TOP CARD OF YOUR DECK. IF THE CARD IS A NORMAL SPELL CARD, SEND IT TO THE GRAVEYARD AND YOU CAN ACTIVATE THE NORMAL SPELL CARD DURING THE MAIN PHASE OF YOUR NEXT TURN. IF THE CARD IS NOT A NORMAL SPELL CARD, PLACE IT ON THE BOTTOM OF YOUR DECK.

~RaikouRider243~
19th August 2006, 11:06 PM
If anything, stein got a one season pass to wreak a little havoc all over the place. With Exiled at two, Last Will fetches that mofo faster than you can say Sengenjin.

I can see why UDE took the list off their site. Either Stein will be banned, or Last Will banned and Stein restricted.

Judai Yuki
19th August 2006, 11:37 PM
Nah, they probably just took it off because they put it up too early or because of caps.

-Judai

Haruka's Swimsuit
20th August 2006, 12:40 AM
I like it for one.^^

-Judai

Okay, this is IT! Kevin, you're off my X-mass list. >_<

Seriously, I don't like this list (but I'm not mad about it)- but then I've hated EVERY banlist UDE/KONAMI has instituted, so I'm starting to get used to being unhappy with them.

Snatch Steal limited?!?

No restricted (from use AKA "banned")... Limited (to one per deck) is what it is until September 1st.

Judai Yuki
20th August 2006, 1:47 AM
Okay, this is IT! Kevin, you're off my X-mass list. >_<

Seriously, I don't like this list (but I'm not mad about it)- but then I've hated EVERY banlist UDE/KONAMI has instituted, so I'm starting to get used to being unhappy with them.

No restricted (from use AKA "banned")... Limited (to one per deck) is what it is until September 1st.
Lol I just don't like that Tsuku got banned.

-Judai

Raito
20th August 2006, 2:41 AM
And that Book didn't go to 2-3

Judai Yuki
20th August 2006, 3:57 AM
Yes that makes flipping even worse.0_o

-Judai

Raito
20th August 2006, 4:56 AM
Looks Like Airknight and Nobleman will be collecting dust for 6 months.

Judai Yuki
20th August 2006, 5:20 AM
Airknight will definetly get Ring'd.lol

-Judai

Jupetta
20th August 2006, 5:43 AM
This list isn't as destructive to me as the last one... but this one is fine.

~;354;

Judai Yuki
20th August 2006, 6:13 AM
Yes this list is very smexy.^^

-Judai

Pika Hikari KT
20th August 2006, 6:22 AM
-And there goes the last of the Chaos deck. I guess Chaos Sorcerer's effect was just too much.

-Why did I get the feeling about TER going bye-bye(the same is said for Tsuku)? I guess to make room for the sucky Allure Queen cards in the next set.-_-; Oh, and TER is very broken.;)

-Future Fusion got restricted. Saw it coming two miles away. They also likely saw Blue-Eyes Ultimate getting on over here. Worst case scenario: Dragon Master Knight...or FGD. Or both.:D

-Whoa, Lightning Vortex is off the list!:o With all the Dark World monsters running about, that wouldn't be the best idea...I bet it'll be restricted again next time.;)

Judai Yuki
20th August 2006, 6:27 AM
^^Nah.Lightning Vortex doesnt work with Dark World.I said that like last page.:)

-Judai

Pika Hikari KT
20th August 2006, 7:15 AM
Oh, okay. Nya...it's still kinda broken though. Gonna be in every side deck.

...Not like I play competitive though.^^;

Judai Yuki
20th August 2006, 7:39 AM
Me neither but I probably won't be using Lightnings anyway.I don't even use one let alone three.=P

-Judai

Mikau
20th August 2006, 10:39 AM
Actually I don't think I'll be needing Vortex. I have plenty of other cards that can destroy monsters without the cost of discarding.

The Requiem
20th August 2006, 6:07 PM
Even a sidedeck'd vortex is rather LOL.

I can see why UDE took the list off their site. Either Stein will be banned, or Last Will banned and Stein restricted.

Last Will doesent deserve the banhammer...and restricting stein wouldnt do ****. The people who abuse/tech it run it in only one. Actually if I built a stein OTK, I'd use one. I mean, if its a stein OTK, and stein reaches the field, it had BETTER mean gg. I dont see the point in running 2-3 cards in the deck with a 5000 LP cost. Thats asking for a dead draw in a bad situation when you spring the first one.

You see a stein thats not yours, you better be able to do something b/c that probably means its gfg.

Raito
20th August 2006, 7:54 PM
It's been that way since Serpent got banned.

Judai Yuki
20th August 2006, 7:57 PM
So many banned cards....I would like it if they banned Graceful and Limited Pot.

-Judai

The Requiem
21st August 2006, 1:04 AM
Pot is so much more broken than Graceful...

Trading one green card for two new ones? Stay banned kthnx.

Aquadon
21st August 2006, 4:03 AM
Yeah, I no liking Stein. I hope it hits the Ban List here.

Even though Kevin/Dan said Konami wants it a Global List >.>

Cipher_Admin
21st August 2006, 4:27 AM
I am happy that the Sacred Beasts/E-Heroes/D-Heroes are not on the lists at all.

The Requiem
21st August 2006, 4:30 AM
http://lists.upperdeck.com/read/messages?id=10517

It hasnt changed, apparently, but for some reason they took it down. *shrug*

FireKero!
21st August 2006, 5:42 AM
*sigh* what are my thoughts on the list?

I told you guys that A new shiny holo card would make a comeback this format. And I also said that Chimeratech would be left untouched. I also said Snacth Steal was gonna die, along with Tsukuyomi. Am I not smart?

Or mabye it has something to do with the fact that making connections with Upperdeck pretty much grants you this knowledge.

I laugh at everyone who has doubted me. Take that, mafukas! HAH!

This is a balanced list. It now caters to every deck type available in the game. Spellcasters got shot a little bit, but with Valkyria making a sexy appearnce in October, it'll bounce back to it's former glory.

Now I'm getting tired of this place again. I'm outtie. Cya folks! Enjoy the next 6 months.

*and always remember, Giant Rat=best card in this format :D

EmbersBackUpSinger
21st August 2006, 5:43 AM
Ugh There goes my Harpies Feather Duster.

Judai Yuki
21st August 2006, 5:59 AM
Ugh There goes my Harpies Feather Duster.
Are you serious that cards been banned since the list started, about 2 or 3 years ago.

-Judai

Aquadon
21st August 2006, 4:36 PM
I am happy that the Sacred Beasts/E-Heroes/D-Heroes are not on the lists at all.

Why would they? None of them (except maybe Airman) deserve even a Semi-Limit.

Judai Yuki
21st August 2006, 5:37 PM
Why would they? None of them (except maybe Airman) deserve even a Semi-Limit.
Because he's one of those n00bs that think cards from the show pwn everything.If anything dasher deserves semi-limit.

-Judai

Mikau
21st August 2006, 5:39 PM

They have no right to be on them. It's a good thing they're not. That would destroy their own decks.

Judai Yuki
21st August 2006, 5:48 PM
Sacred Beasts you have to get rid of three cards to bring out -3.E-Heros most of the fusions require three cards to be used somewhere -3.Desint Heros pretty much just give you opponent a little advantage but you have to play for the future with these.

-Judai

Aquadon
21st August 2006, 8:18 PM
Because he's one of those n00bs that think cards from the show pwn everything.If anything dasher deserves semi-limit.

-Judai

Meh. It's ok. Those Dasher/Crane decks look hawt though :D

Airman though is going to be trouble.

WaterTrainer243
21st August 2006, 8:23 PM
Well I can bet Lightning Vortex is gonna be popular since it's a milder version of Raigeki. Ring of Destruction is good news too so if I ever get myself Ring of Defense I can use this combo. Another thing I'm glad about is putting Wall of Revealing Light on the limited list, but they should really ban Self-Destruct Button IMO because it's a cowerdly move when in combo with Wall of Revealing Light. I'm also glad Magician of Faith is off the ban list.

Other than that, I can't imagine what other cards will be on the ban list in the future.

The Requiem
21st August 2006, 9:14 PM
lol ring of defense...

Faith isnt off the list at ALL, its back to restricted to one.

Self Destruct button isnt banworthy b/c it doesent cause a win, it causes a draw. All you're gonna do is prolong the inevitable.

Judai Yuki
21st August 2006, 11:22 PM
Well I can bet Lightning Vortex is gonna be popular since it's a milder version of Raigeki. Ring of Destruction is good news too so if I ever get myself Ring of Defense I can use this combo. Another thing I'm glad about is putting Wall of Revealing Light on the limited list, but they should really ban Self-Destruct Button IMO because it's a cowerdly move when in combo with Wall of Revealing Light. I'm also glad Magician of Faith is off the ban list.

Other than that, I can't imagine what other cards will be on the ban list in the future.
Barrel Behind The Door is better.

-Judai

Raito
21st August 2006, 11:43 PM
What is Dasher/Crane/Airman. ;;

OK. So it's left untouched. I will try out Giant Rat and see what it does. Clown Control Perhaps?

Haruka's Swimsuit
22nd August 2006, 1:30 AM
Yes this list is very smexy.^^

-Judai

Only if you think Chimeratech + Ring of Destruction + Ring of Defense OTK is smexy.

Raito
22nd August 2006, 1:46 AM
God. T_T Can somebody tell me what Chimera is going for? I want to use this OTK soon.

FireKero!
22nd August 2006, 5:00 AM
CHimera only is going for 69 (70) dollars US.

However, in my area the card is like a friggin' common. I already have 6 of them and I only opened two packs.

Judai Yuki
22nd August 2006, 7:07 AM
You have six Chimera's?*kills you*

-Judai

Mikau
22nd August 2006, 11:16 AM
So what does Chimeratech do anyway? I've seen the card on toywiz when it was first released. But it's effect wasn't translated yet.

Aquadon
22nd August 2006, 8:20 PM
So what does Chimeratech do anyway? I've seen the card on toywiz when it was first released. But it's effect wasn't translated yet.

it's ATK is 800x # of Fusion Materials for it. Can attack for each fusion material Monster It's a mix between Cyber Dragon and as amny Mech cards you like.

So... Overload Fusion (summons Dark mech Fusions like Crimeratech via Miracle Fusion method) + as many Mechs in GY (can get from a Future Fusion dump on this card)= gg.

Godly.

Phaeton
22nd August 2006, 10:00 PM
<3 this list.

Chaos is dead. Or at least hardly playable. Horus took a mighty step forward. Granmarg is seeing more play. Macro rocks this format.

"Three Decree is so much glee" D:

Aquadon
22nd August 2006, 10:50 PM
Macro rocks this format.

Stein rocks this format. Sorry.

Judai Yuki
22nd August 2006, 10:58 PM
Hmm.Chaos isn't dead there's Strike,Bazoo,and Freed.

-Judai

Regifire
23rd August 2006, 12:08 PM
I THINK IT SUX. Konami pushing their luck restricting Gravity bind to 1. And I JUST put a Chaos sorcerer into my deck. And they ban him. But it stinks. Restrict CYBER STEIN TO ONE!!!!1!111! They've locked SO many OTKs, and they let Cyber stein get away with three permitted? I hope I see him next banlist. I've got 3 forbidden cards in my deck and it still sux. Guess I can't complain that much, since I only play Tradintional format

Mikau
23rd August 2006, 12:38 PM
Cyberstien shouldn't be on the ban list. I mean look at his effect you have to pay 5000 LP just to use it. So basically you can only use his effect once unless you are recovering LPs at a good rate.

Aquadon
23rd August 2006, 6:08 PM
Cyberstien shouldn't be on the ban list. I mean look at his effect you have to pay 5000 LP just to use it. So basically you can only use his effect once unless you are recovering LPs at a good rate.

Well, a Cyber End Dragon with Megamorph (yes, Megamorph WILL go off in your favor), and you don't need to use it again. You secured your victory.

3 Stein just makes it easier to get that Cyebr End out.

The Requiem
24th August 2006, 5:38 AM
Nobody sane runs three stein.

Cyber End Dragon is not the only stein target.

Cyber + Megamorph is only in Stein OTK.

Problem is Stein is getting splashed for abuse. And ring helps it. Oh GEEZ its the end of the game as we know it. Not really but Stein is gonna piss people off with lucksack games for the next 6 months.

Torkoal Stu
24th August 2006, 9:23 AM
But you can summon ANY Fusion Monster from your Fusion Deck, get field controll and losing if LP allows for instant Megamorph so double attack, you could even summon Master of Dragon Soldier or F.G.D you'd get a 10,000 ATK monster >.>; However Ring does provide a balance although if you use Ring too late after they play Megamorph it'll be a draw.

Lol...

Mikau
24th August 2006, 2:15 PM
I forgot all about Megamorph. I didn't know F.G.D was released in English. So how do I get one?

Aquadon
24th August 2006, 7:51 PM
I forgot all about Megamorph. I didn't know F.G.D was released in English. So how do I get one?

It isn't. Neither is Dragon Master Knight. We just have to wait.

Torkoal Stu: Don't both those have "This card can only be Special Summoned by Fusion Summon"? That would make them non-Steinable, jsut like Hero cards/Dark Paladin.

But Future Fusion-Able :D

Torkoal Stu
24th August 2006, 7:56 PM
Hmmm well those were the most powerful Fusions I could think of, they could be un-stienable but *shrugs*.

But Cyber End + Megamorph is like 8000 ATK Trample.

Future Fusion rocks, i'm putting one in my Roid deck just so I can get out my UFOroid Fighter and not have to worry about saving Warriors I have in my deck >>;

Haruka's Swimsuit
25th August 2006, 12:31 AM
Hmm.Chaos isn't dead there's Strike,Bazoo,and Freed.

No, Chaos is dead, those three monsters fit in more with the RFG deck type.

Shadow the Hedgehog
28th August 2006, 3:11 AM
I rather like the list. It favors me running fiends again over spellcasters.

Judai Yuki
28th August 2006, 3:28 AM
My Roids are safe from anything now.Except for DDWL,DDW,and DDA.

-Judai

The Requiem
28th August 2006, 3:33 AM
I find it hard to believe that Roids are safe from Stein.

Or any other Tier 1 deck for that matter.

EmbersBackUpSinger
28th August 2006, 3:34 AM
Wow. I need to make a new deck! A new style.

Judai Yuki
28th August 2006, 4:00 AM
Roids are definetly safe from Stien.Ceasefire,Gyroid,Submarineroid,Magic Cylinder,Ring.

-Judai

Raito
28th August 2006, 2:22 PM
I think Aggro will come back this time around, what do you think

FireKero!
28th August 2006, 9:17 PM
I think Aggro will come back this time around, what do you think

Personally, I think that Aggro will come back even more now that people are trying to throw the Opponents life points down past 5000 so STein becomes virtually useless. Ring of Destruction, Waboku, Ceasefire and Spiritual Earth Art - Kurogane are traps that are gonna be the real highlight of the backrow this format.

But I see Stein dying down in three months. Besides, Dark Lucuis takes care of him.

zeppelin
28th August 2006, 9:44 PM
call me an idiot but whats aggro?

FireKero!
29th August 2006, 7:33 AM
call me an idiot but whats aggro?

aggro is TCG savy for aggresive. Basically, it means that the deck is really aggresive during the game. Attacking a lot, depleting your opponents resources, pushing for the win, etc.

Judai Yuki
30th August 2006, 5:39 AM
With this list once I used Vechoroid Connection Zone, my Roids wont be destroyed or anything anymore.

-Judai

The Requiem
30th August 2006, 7:01 AM
But they will still be run over by cards that are actually worth playing.

Im tired of crap like the roids and the aliens, its time for them to print some DECENT CARDS.

Lets start with targets for Shining Angel. Its messed up how its the only tutor that blows.

Aquadon
30th August 2006, 5:13 PM
But they will still be run over by cards that are actually worth playing.

Im tired of crap like the roids and the aliens, its time for them to print some DECENT CARDS.

Lets start with targets for Shining Angel. Its messed up how its the only tutor that blows.

XYZ ftw? Not terrible. Also, if you get out Jumbo Drillroid, it's NOT going to get run over by ANYTHING, save a Steined Cyber End Dragon. Even then though, it's kinda tough.

I kinda like the original cards, as well. It lets you think OUTSIDE the box, and not go for CC.

~RaikouRider243~
30th August 2006, 5:33 PM
If you get out Jumbo Drillroid, it's NOT going to get run over by ANYTHING, save a Steined Cyber End Dragon.

Smashing Ground ftw PWNED.

We do need some decent cards in here, not this GX crap.

Aquadon
30th August 2006, 5:36 PM
Smashing Ground ftw PWNED.

We do need some decent cards in here, not this GX crap.

Vehicroid Connection Zone? Stops that. Jumbo Drilroid can't be DESTROYED by Spells, Effect Monsters, OR Traps, and it can't have its effect negated.

Judai Yuki
30th August 2006, 7:24 PM
^^^^
Correct so he won't be going anywhere.The only thing that could happen is Brain Control.

-Judai

CrimsonX
31st August 2006, 12:12 AM
the GX cards are good but after getting Cyber End I stopped for awhile

The Requiem
31st August 2006, 3:57 AM
^^^^
Correct so he won't be going anywhere.The only thing that could happen is Brain Control.

-Judai

OR Book of Moon. OR Enemy Controller. OR A Pheonix Wing Wind Blast. OR...*list goes on*

Do you see where I'm going with this? Not to mention you have to have THREE monsters in your hand which comes to a -4 cards just for something stupid like the moon book to happen, and screw up your day completely. Doesent stop Soul Exchange either. In other words,

YOUR GIANT SUBMARINE DRILL CAR **** IS NOT INVINCIVBLE...Its not even likely you'll summon it. And once its gone, good luck recovering.

EDIT @Aquadon: XYZ isnt terrible, but it isnt that great, either. Its no tier 1 decktype, thats for sure. Aside from that thats about the only thing not named D.D. Warrior Lady that can be tutored by Angel that doesent blow chunks.

Judai Yuki
31st August 2006, 4:03 AM
Which is why you have Magic Drain.

-Judai

The Requiem
31st August 2006, 4:26 AM
Becase no one ever has another spell in their hand..

And you ALWAYS have it ready for when ppl take that big **** away from you.

FireKero!
31st August 2006, 4:55 AM
Jumbo Drill will be one of the biggest monsters for the rest of this format. But it can be stopped.

I'm just awaiting for CDIP to drop. Now that Instant Fusion decks suck like sux now, Allure Queen and Dark Lucius are gonna be the new Teir 1.5 decks that'll see a lot of play.

Especially Allure Queen. :p

The Requiem
31st August 2006, 6:32 PM
Are you KIDDING ME!? Jumbo Drill is only gonna be played by the 12 year olds that watch the GX show..."OMFG I WANT SYRUS DECK HE IS THE PWN XD !!!111!!oneone!!!eleven!!!2!!1117"

There isnt a single card in Cyberdark Impact that is worth putting in ANY deck whatsoever. ANY deck. I read the spoiler list and wanted to cry. Thank goodness for good tins and structure decks. Im not wasting money on a single card from THAT set...

[Overload Fusion] isnt hurt at all, it just cant OTK with [Future Fusion] anymore. Any player with even 8 machines in their deck can hurt folks with [Overload Fusion]. It's great tech for machine decks. Dont be suprised when you see it all off in Shonen Jump tourneys.

This format is gonna be full of Machine Decks, Stein Decks, and various forms of Aggro Decks. Ratbox is gonna be pretty strong too.

ShadowKitsune
31st August 2006, 6:39 PM
I don't see why Chaos got banned. It's only at 2300. The most that should have been done is limit it to one. Pot of Greed is still gone. Why? So you draw two cards? Wow...real gamebreaking...[/sarcasm]

IMO, we can do without a banlist.

The Requiem
31st August 2006, 6:49 PM
Its only at 2300 yes, but its still RIDICULOUSLY easy to summon, can remove 1, sometimes 2 monsters from the game (book, flip, reuse effect). There were so many decks spamming sorcerer the game was getting stale. Sorcerer alone killed so many decktypes that couldnt thrive b/c their ace monster would just get removed by something you topped..it was time to go.

Pot of Greed has zero drawback. Like its pals Raigeki, Harpies Feather Duster, Change of Heart, yadda yadda yadda. +2 cards with no work? kthanksbanned.

If you dont like the banlist play against the Chaos Decks in traditional. That's all that wins...besides the Magical Scientist OTK.

Judai Yuki
31st August 2006, 6:51 PM
Still if Pot Of Greed wasn't banned everyone would run it.Making it not unfair anymore.

-Judai

The Requiem
31st August 2006, 6:56 PM
By your logic none of the banned cards should be banned....=/

EDIT: scuse me. MOST.

Aquadon
31st August 2006, 8:24 PM
Pot of Greed has zero drawback. Like its pals Raigeki, Harpies Feather Duster, Change of Heart, yadda yadda yadda. +2 cards with no work? kthanksbanned.

Yadda Yadda? Or Yata Yata :p

Basically, this format says "Go mech or die".

But I'll still try Armed Dragons. I always do.

Haruka's Swimsuit
31st August 2006, 9:08 PM

I agree. I'm getting sick of some new type of monsters being released in every new set, which then demands that everyone build a deck around these new monsters. Whatever happened to creating your own style of deck? Why doesn't KONAMI try releasing more support for the decktypes that are already out (seeing as how they've banned all the cards that worked well with any deck) and keep the overhyped pointless decks where they belong: on the show?

ShadowKitsune
31st August 2006, 10:07 PM
They're trying to appeal to the younger, more inexperienced audience.

TTar-X
1st September 2006, 5:59 AM
Ok I think it's about time I hop on this thread here.
I'll start with the cards banned.
The most significant ban was obv. Chaos Sorcerer. Though the card is no where near as lethal as it's older accomplices, it is powerful enough to pack a punch and impact the metagame in a huge way. Correct me if I'm wrong but Chaos has reigned as the supreme decktype since the IOC set came out; which makes the game too predictable and no fun due to the lack of originality. So I like the idea of banning Sorcerer so it can promote originality again in the game.
Tsukuyomi is another card I'm glad that was banned; he is just a *****, nuff said.
Snatch Steal I am rather nuetral about. It is indeed a powerful card but it does have its drawback. Not the fact that it gives your opponent 1000 LP but b/c it is an equip spell which can be countered rather easily with an mst, breaker, dust, mobius, etc. I guess it got banned b/c many people felt they it was too broken in a top decking war. :-/ Oh well it doesn't bother me that it is banned, I have no problem with running Brain Control to replace it.
This is the only card I disagree with getting banned and that is Thousand Eyes. Powerful, yes but enough to be banned, not IMO. Especially with Tsuki gone it gets watered down. Instead of banning this card, Stein should've gotten the boot instead since he has a waaaaaay bigger effect on the meta.
I like the idea of Ring of Destruction making a return b/c it makes yugioh players appreciate their lifepoints more, and play a little bit more smart, especially down the stretch of a duel.
I'm not all that pleased about Graceful Charity staying, but w/e atleast they brought back Faith to 1, so the card can't be abused as much anymore like it was last format.
I think Nobleman of Crossout should've stayed at 2 per deck b/c they are just too many good flip effect monsters, but then again they brought exiled to 2 so I guess that'll suffice.
Overall I like this ban/restricted list and I'm glad they moved it 1 month in advance b/c this last format was making me throw up. It should be an interesting 6 months.

The Requiem
1st September 2006, 6:07 AM
Tsuky is a guy.

Snatch steals advantage of the game TOTALLY, you'd have to scrap for those backfield killers. THEFT IS A SCARY YUGIMONSTER CARD.

Restrict got ghey. If it stays gone in March I'd like to see a trade. Stein and Turtle for Scientist.

Judai Yuki
1st September 2006, 6:09 AM
Stien will never be going on the list though.

-Judai

TTar-X
1st September 2006, 6:12 AM

-Judai

Why? Because of it's paying 5000 LP cost? LoL it doesn't change the fact that the card is broken.

The Requiem
1st September 2006, 6:18 AM

-Judai

Its stein.

But I digress.

A ton of people said Snatch was never gonna go on the list and look at it now. =/

Judai Yuki
1st September 2006, 6:25 AM
Well Snatch was somewhat broken stien is not.

-Judai

The Requiem
1st September 2006, 6:31 AM
I'd love to hear your reasoning on why Cyber-Stein is not broken.

Take into consideration that that's the very card that won the last Shonen Jup Championship before you answer...

Judai Yuki
1st September 2006, 6:40 AM
Ceasefire,Ring,Magic Cylinder pwns Cyber-Stein easily.5000 Life is too much to just give up like that unless you are positive of winning right there.

-Judai

TTar-X
1st September 2006, 6:40 AM
^LoL yeah his explanation as to why it isn't broken should be amusing.
But I think it is only fair that I explain myself why it is broken.
I'll list reasons:
Easily searchable
^examples-Last Will, Sangan, Mystic Tomato
Can summon A VERY POWERFUL MONSTER (i.e. Cyber Twin and End Dragon)
Sure you cannot play it all times due to its enormous cost but people wisely build decks around him so his effect can be utilized frequently.(i.e. Last Will, Trunade, Decree, Megamorph, Limiter Removal)
Since Cyber End and Twin exist in the TCG, Stein is broken, no questions asked.
I'd like to see you beat a stein deck without properly side decking and not tech in cards(like the ones you lsited above) in your main deck just to counter him.

Judai Yuki
1st September 2006, 6:45 AM
Too bad I sold my Stein for 5$ I need a new one now.

-Judai

The Requiem
1st September 2006, 6:46 AM
Ceasefire,Ring,Magic Cylinder pwns Cyber-Stein easily.5000 Life is too much to just give up like that unless you are positive of winning right there.

-Judai

=/

If your opponent summoned a Cyber Stein, chances are he has already, or is about to, blow your backfield to KINGDOM COME. Or flip a Decree. Or summon a Jinzo.

Also Ring helps stein. I dont care what anyone says, I've seen Stein >>>> Cyber Twin >>> Ring of Destruction too many times already to say that nah, man Ring ****s Stein over.

No man, thats not how you stop it.

Well maybe you would use a Vehicroid Connection Zone.... =/

TTar-X
1st September 2006, 6:48 AM
Too bad I sold my Stein for 5$ I need a new one now.

-Judai

^Wow dude are you serious? Yikes, that dude that bought it from you I would have to say got the best deal ever LoL. So apparently you have changed your perception about stein. Get that damn stein back!!!

The Requiem
1st September 2006, 6:52 AM
lol good luck with that bro.

Only 5 dollars? JEEZ

Judai Yuki
1st September 2006, 6:54 AM
=/

If your opponent summoned a Cyber Stein, chances are he has already, or is about to, blow your backfield to KINGDOM COME. Or flip a Decree. Or summon a Jinzo.

Also Ring helps stein. I dont care what anyone says, I've seen Stein >>>> Cyber Twin >>> Ring of Destruction too many times already to say that nah, man Ring ****s Stein over.

No man, thats not how you stop it.

Well maybe you would use a Vehicroid Connection Zone.... =/
Lol Nah i'd probably use Submarineroid/Supercharge.=P

-Judai

The Requiem
1st September 2006, 7:03 AM
Lol Nah i'd probably use Submarineroid/Supercharge.=P

-Judai

no, please no....

Judai Yuki
1st September 2006, 7:07 AM

no, please no....
Come on, you know it's funny.xP *hears crickets*0_o

-Judai

The Requiem
1st September 2006, 7:29 AM
Come on, you know it's funny.xP *hears crickets*0_o

-Judai

You said it all.

Regifire
7th September 2006, 10:08 AM
Get these cards in your opening hand to win the game with Cyber End Dragon/BEUD in fusion deck

Cyber stein
Megamorph/limiter removal (limiter ONLY with Cyber end)
Heavy storm
Seven tools of the bandit <<< optional in case of magic jammer maybe

That typically says you win unless your opponent comes up with SOME insane way to finish 3,000 LP in turn 1

Judai Yuki
8th September 2006, 1:39 AM
Uhh Ring their own monster?

-Judai

The Requiem
8th September 2006, 9:46 PM
Uh,

Try Exiled Force >>> Last Will >>> gg.

Judai Yuki
8th September 2006, 11:19 PM
Trap Hole?Scapegoat?

-Judai

~RaikouRider243~
8th September 2006, 11:35 PM
Trap Hole?Scapegoat?

-Judai

Trap Hole can't stop End Dragon, and Scapegoats don't do jack because End Dragon has trample.

Judai Yuki
9th September 2006, 12:26 AM
Trap Hole stops Exiled.

-Judai

~RaikouRider243~
9th September 2006, 2:44 AM
Trap Hole stops Exiled.

-Judai

No it doesn't you ****. It kills the monster but the opponent still has priority to activate the ability. And a smart player would play Last Will before summoning Exiled, making your Trap Hole mean jack ****.

Judai Yuki
9th September 2006, 2:48 AM
:P Okay then Forced Back.

-Judai

~RaikouRider243~
9th September 2006, 2:58 AM
:P Okay then Forced Back.

-Judai

(Who's going to run that piece of ****?)

It's a great idea though, seems how the smart Stein players play Last Will before Exiled. Just like me, they are fully aware that once Exiled Force is played, nothing short of a COUNTER will stop Last Will's trigger from being placed on the stack.

Does it make sense now to all of you how retardedly broken Stein is this format after explaining this?

Judai Yuki
9th September 2006, 3:48 AM
How is Forced Back a piece of ****?It stops your opponents summoning for a turn.

-Judai

ShinyManafi
9th September 2006, 4:29 AM
With this ban list, tons of other are unplayable, right,
say,Primal Seed, Jar Robber,Avatar of the Pot right of the top of my head,
Yeah these cards arent even good, but it was just a thought

Judai Yuki
9th September 2006, 5:01 AM
They were never playable.

-Judai

Raito
9th September 2006, 5:47 AM
What do you think will come back this go round for a change of discussion?

I think Thesty might see some play, as DW isn't a threat, like it wasn't already

The Requiem
9th September 2006, 6:02 AM
Sidedeck 3 mind crush. People who summon Exiled Force first get their last will blasted.

People who pull stein with sangan get their stein blasted.

Plus the card is pretty solid. Especially after something dumb like a handcheck from a previous copy, or after a confi.

Judai Yuki
9th September 2006, 6:03 AM
System Down.

-Judai

The Requiem
9th September 2006, 6:11 AM
Maybe if it was a quickplay.

That kills your roids after a connection zone btw. I remember you saying that before.

Judai Yuki
10th September 2006, 1:01 AM
I ditched roids.:D

-Judai

FireKero!
10th September 2006, 1:19 AM
I ditched roids.:D

-Judai

It's about time.

Roids are to situational and underpowered.

Judai Yuki
10th September 2006, 2:18 AM
Not exactly.But after getting pwned by Ultimate Insect I converted.

-Judai

The Requiem
10th September 2006, 7:36 AM
Congratulations man. Did you ever get that stein back? lol.

Does it make sense now to all of you how retardedly broken Stein is this format after explaining this?

Zombies won the regional in Butler, Penn. Not stein. Its not as bad as you think. He does need a banhammer. But its not as bad as you think.

Judai Yuki
10th September 2006, 7:49 AM
The guy wants 10$ for it back.=P

-Judai

The Requiem
10th September 2006, 7:53 AM
100% profit for the win..

10 bucks is still a steal for a stein.

Judai Yuki
10th September 2006, 7:54 AM
Nah.I don't pay over 3$ for any rare.Seeing as how I also sold it for 5$.

-Judai

The Requiem
10th September 2006, 8:06 AM
Steins go for 35 bucks man. 35.

Judai Yuki
10th September 2006, 8:31 AM
I don't see how, when you can easily buy 7 DB2 Packs and pull one.

-Judai

Aquadon
10th September 2006, 5:17 PM
I don't see how, when you can easily buy 7 DB2 Packs and pull one.

-Judai

Because people are stupid.

Anyway, I've NEVER pulled Stein from a single DB2 pack. I had to trade for mone, and then traded mine away.

WheelerTheViper
10th September 2006, 6:27 PM
Good timing I guess. I kinda just got back into YGO, so now I can fix up my deck.

Raito
10th September 2006, 6:31 PM
I also traded for mine and traded back. 8D

Judai Yuki
10th September 2006, 6:47 PM
I bought a box of it and pulled at least two of them.

-Judai