PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Battle Strategy

help
18th August 2006, 8:12 PM
Whats your strategy in pokemon battles. Do you try to ohko the pokemon, are you a sweeper, do you like to annoy people or what. start posting.

zeppelin
18th August 2006, 10:38 PM
i like to piss the hell out of people then attack

ninjascyther
19th August 2006, 6:21 AM
Im a special sweeper. In the battle frontier though i found i had to use other strategies like pysical sweepers and tanks as well

Avegaille
19th August 2006, 7:54 AM
Hmm, it depends, actually...

In normal battles, I do OHKO...

But in places like the Battle Frontier, it's best to annoy the opponent with poison, switch them out and poison all of them... XD

Aquarelle
19th August 2006, 8:14 AM
Whats your strategy in pokemon battles. Do you try to ohko the pokemon, are you a sweeper, do you like to annoy people or what.

I use a lot of different strategies. Depending on the pokemon I'm using, I can either be a sweeper, or a tank, or an annoyer, or whatever. Like if I'm using a Starmie, I'll be a special sweeper, while if I'm using say an Umbreon, I'd be a tank/annoyer/baton passer all rolled into one. So it depends on the pokemon I'm using, as every pokemon on my team plays a different role.

Blue_Lightning8
19th August 2006, 8:21 AM
Haha! You know what's funny. I never even care or bothered about all that stuff with the special breeding and EV training and shinies! In fact i've been playing pokemon since it first came out and i had yellow version and never knew much. I've only started to gain knowledge about breeding, EV training and whatever for about a year or two. I don't have battle strategy. I only catch pokemon that i like and think that look cool/cute. It works too because i've meet no one that's kicked my butt in battle. I guess it never matters as long as you know what your doing. I just conquered half of the people in the Elite 4 on my LG with my Butterfree. Though it knows Psychic, Silver Wind, Solarbeam, and Sleep Powder. Ok i'm done rambling on and on. Sorry ^_^"

booyah
19th August 2006, 8:38 AM
In-Game is terrible

NB i outpredict

Walking Contradiction
24th August 2006, 2:53 PM
In-Game is terrible

NB i outpredict

There wouldn't be NetBattle if the games didn't exist. So stop complaining.

Anyway, my strategy is to first power up or inflict Status conditions and then center the attacks to one opponent.

you
24th August 2006, 2:56 PM
dont really have a strategy...i use different pokemon in different ways depending on the situation of course...

Chibi Pika
26th August 2006, 7:12 PM
I just try to OHKO. xP No strategy for me. My Latios has Soul Dew and nothing but special attaack moves. And then if he get's KOed, I cry like a baby and attempt to win with my Flygon and Charizard.

~Chibi~;249;;rukario;

crashandburn
26th August 2006, 7:31 PM
I usually try to either pick on my opponent's weakness or attacking constantly with my strongest moves.

Mudkip3
26th August 2006, 7:32 PM
I always felt that messing with stats, changing the weather, and taking hits took too long, so every one of my Pokemon (except for Shedinja) just tries to attack and bring down opponents that way. Please don't flame me, its just what I like to do.

Freakshow
26th August 2006, 8:16 PM
2v2: I Explode + Protect

1v1: Start out by fast offense, then play defensive, and end the battle with stat-boosted moves

Venusaur101
27th August 2006, 6:43 PM
I use powerful moves like earthquake using strong pokemon to end the battle as soon as possible

Jaster
27th August 2006, 6:50 PM
I Ko them right off the bat.

Anaya
27th August 2006, 7:09 PM
As said in my signature, I use all-out OFFENSIVE moves!

-Discord-
28th August 2006, 4:40 AM
Defense over Offense. My best teams, involve Regice's, Swamperts, and mainly Milotics, all my pokeon have a great defense stat, and a sufficient attack stat,Outstalling with a good double wall like Milotic works well like ....
Gross, 130 Def+135 Attk+95 S.Def
Milotic: 125 S.def+Marvel Scale+100 S.Atk+recover+hypnosis and
regice: 200 S.Def+100 Def+100 S.Atk.

Amaranth
28th August 2006, 2:42 PM
i use pokemon i like and moves i like

Virtuoso
28th August 2006, 4:44 PM
I like to use tanks, sweepers, and special sweepers but I tend to use special sweepers the most. They get the job done quickly (and the little battle animations are so cool :3).

-SI-
28th August 2006, 10:54 PM
I give my Pokemon the strongest attack they can learn, and beat the hell out of the opponent. =D

jwla
29th August 2006, 7:55 AM
It totally depends. I used to be fully offensive, but, now I play it by ear. Some offense, some defense. It all depends on who I am fighting. Now I mostly breed for attack and play odd-offensive.

TogeticTheRuler
29th August 2006, 6:10 PM
Since i only am in-game,no friends to battle with,i have an all out offensive attack
In the elite 4 or some important battle,i go inflict a status,stuff,etc,that keeps me safe and i use defensive pokemon such as togetic and blissey

♪Crystal Mew♪
29th August 2006, 7:12 PM
I used to be all attack no defense... except the occasionaly sleep-inducing-move...

Now I like to switch it up a little bit... I still enjoy my all out sweepers but I have come to like pokemon such as blissey and lugia, recover is also a move that I like using...

I can tell you that I had never used a stat boosting move until I figured out how killer kyogre/lugia/mewtwo+calm mind is...

Turtloopa
29th August 2006, 7:26 PM
My stragety is to beat the heck out of my opponents while they are using stat boosting moves. So i "use strong and straightforward" moves.

TogeticTheRuler
29th August 2006, 8:45 PM
^Yeah and thell just use something that raises there defenses and then recover while there at it

I also use something called the Heal and strengthen technique
For ex:
Clefairy
-Cosmic Power/Charm
-Meteor Mash/Return
-Bellydrum
-Wish

Wish then charm/Cosmic power to lower the foes attack power so itll do less dmg next time and keep doing that,once defenses are maxed out,you can wish and then belly drum,

Turtloopa
29th August 2006, 8:52 PM
/\
An added note my strageties apply ingame only as i dont like battling online. I do however have recover etc. I'm also thinking about a Ninjawak combo.

Pochaki
29th August 2006, 11:42 PM
it really depends on my opponent's pokemon...on tag teams (2 vs 2), if opponent has some really strong looking pokemon like a rock/fighting type ones, (if I dun have a water pokemon) I would order my two pokemon to focus on taking out that pokemon first. but normally, I would use stat changes moves to my advantage as well, cuz i just love to paralysis and poison (sleep/burn/froze etc) my opponent's pokemon. ^^ haha.

Darkmaster Rannon
30th August 2006, 4:43 AM
If I start to loose (not really gonna happen) I just use my maxed stat Butterfree with toxic on em...

K-os
30th August 2006, 7:13 PM
I dont really spend time on stat boosting and all that. sweep, claim your cash, and laugh at your opponent so hard he gets ******.

~K-os~;249-d;

Goldliop
6th October 2006, 7:44 AM
working with tanks tends to work well,my strategy is just frustrate the crap outta your opponent with crip-pling moves... like toxic sleep and thunder wave...
i like to work like koga:p
mwahahahaha

davidone10
6th October 2006, 3:23 PM
I like to use protect, it p***es my friends off so much..