PDA

View Full Version : Platinum Garden anyone?

Jemi Rose
19th August 2006, 2:29 PM
Hey everyone,

I know that this manga just came out...but, has anyone read the first volume of Platinum Garden? If, so what did you thought of it?

You can discuss that here.

Later

That Scary Clefairy
19th August 2006, 4:49 PM
what's it's about? Not too familar with it but I assume it's a shoujo manga, correct?

BattleFranky~40
19th August 2006, 7:45 PM
Here you go, Scary Clefairy

Platinum Garden (http://animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/manga.php?id=6155)

Never read it, but it looks pretty standard shoujo

That Scary Clefairy
19th August 2006, 8:00 PM
Here you go, Scary Clefairy

Platinum Garden (http://animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/manga.php?id=6155)

Never read it, but it looks pretty standard shoujo

yep, i was right. it was shoujo. pretty standard too like you said, Frank.

nothing against it though.

Magical Mage
20th August 2006, 4:03 AM
Platinum Garden uses the same "Cinderella"-type story that Asians in general seem to be fond of using with a poor, regular girl getting married to "Prince Not-so-Charming" and through many arguments and revelations, they fall in love and so on.

I thought the manga would focus on the supernatural aspects and what not but it hasn't. The revival of the dead have, from what I've read so far, has been kept off-page per say. If I recall correctly, there's only been one chapter that actually had a ghost.

The series reminds me of Fruits Basket, but it's probably cause I feel that the Magahara family is just as messed up as the Sohma family.

Edit: Forgot to mention how far I've read, I've read up to chp. 23 and I'm just gonna wait for Tokyopop to get there.

Jemi Rose
20th August 2006, 5:19 PM
Wait, so you've read all the way to chapter 23? I've just read the fist volume of the manga...[Sighs] Anyways, yeah, I have to agree that the Platinum Garden is actually similiar to Fruits Basket. But, I could say that Platinum Garden would be going in a different direction than Fruits Basket.

Well, Fruits Basket has just started to into- solving each of the sohmas internal problems after volume 14.

As for PG, it's going in a different direction with the two main characters trying to figure out hwo will they deal with the more dark secrets that lie ahead for them. But, hey that's just my opinion. ^^;

But, yeah....those who have read the first volume, what did yo uthink of it so far?

If those who haven't maybe you might want to check it out on Tokyopop.com.

~*Jemi Rose*~