PDA

View Full Version : Mew... at toys r us?!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

balladofwindfishes
19th August 2006, 10:36 PM
Apprently in the new Nintendo Power they said at participating Toys R Us they will be getting Mew on the 30th of september.

You have to trade for it, but it doesn't have to be special.
*IMPORTANT- HAVING EMERALD MEANS YOU HAVE TO BEAT THE LEAGUE AND GET THE NATIONAL DEX! Don't be left out of the mew giveaway with this technicality*
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/3883/mewwzu0.jpg

Kabuto
19th August 2006, 10:42 PM
I sure hope so. Seeing as how I plan to buy Emerald tommorrow, it would be good if events for Mew began soon. Though I doubt it, Toys R Us has participated in pokemon TCG events before so maybe we'll get lucky. Thoguh I'm expecting Nintendo World if anything. However, Pokemon.com will have the news when the time comes, so I'd stick around there.

♪Crystal Mew♪
19th August 2006, 10:45 PM
gee, if this is true I sure hope that the several toys r uses that are near me are going to be participating in this event...

that would be a dream come true

although idk if they will get these stations by tomorrow... that is a little bit of a short notice

*crosses fingers*

balladofwindfishes
19th August 2006, 11:03 PM
heh, sorry to burst your bubble, but that is spet 20th

Moeteimasu Umi
20th August 2006, 12:07 AM
I have mew already =^_^=

It was pretty confusing how i got it too X_X

I was in japan for a week and that week they were giving away the old sea chart so i went out and bought a link cable and jap emerald then i went to the event(which i couldnt understand anything at all)and i downloaded the old sea chart.i got mew and traded it to my eng em :) now i have a level 30 mew in my emerald(never traind yet)

fraternity
20th August 2006, 12:20 AM
Wait, so you're saying that local toys r' us are going to give away mews?

Judai Yuki
20th August 2006, 12:20 AM
Hmm if this does happen i'll be obtaining many Mews.

-Judai

The Edge
20th August 2006, 12:25 AM
*Gasp* Yess! Is this confirmed? Is there a list of participating stores somewhere??
*prays

Lil Brother
20th August 2006, 12:28 AM
Can you use your DS for these kinds of things, or do you need the GBA wireless com thingy-ma-jig? :(

ShinyFufu
20th August 2006, 12:53 AM
Apprently in the new Nintendo Power they said at participating Toys R Us they will be getting Mew Download stations on the 20th of september. I havn't gotten this issue yet, so I don't know. Has the new nintendo power even been shipped yet?

Are you being serious? This is awesome! I'll finally get the chance to SR for a shiny Mew!!!
I'll be really disappointed if it turns out that it was a fake Nintendo Power issue...

I hope I don't have to beat the main Emerald game to get the Faraway ticket though. Does anyone remember if you had to beat the main game and get the Nation Dex to get the Mystic Ticket and the Aurora Tickets on your game?

mewsbuddy
20th August 2006, 2:07 AM
YAY ill finnaly be able to complete my national dex :D

ShinyFufu
20th August 2006, 2:22 AM
YAY ill finnaly be able to complete my national dex :D

Same with me! I totally forgot that i would complete my national dex if I got Mew.

Munchlax Master
20th August 2006, 2:48 AM
folowwing to chant "i think i can" "i hope its true, i hope its true"

Wandering Rhythmical Phoenix
20th August 2006, 2:52 AM
Toy's R us? Gahd, there anrt any anwhere near me, and even the ones that are arnt worth going oto cause they dont have any decent anything , I'll just be waiting for Wifi at this rate...

Shining Mew
20th August 2006, 3:01 AM
Ohhhhh snap I hope youre/the source is right.
Theres a Toys R Us 5minutes from me.... Ill be one happy Jess >D

And yes, this will be the only pokemon I will actually reset for until I get it as a shiny.

♪Crystal Mew♪
20th August 2006, 3:38 AM
I am soooo... going to reset for a shiny one too...

as you could probably tell it is my dream shiny... (I already got my other two -> rayquaza, latias)

MacX
20th August 2006, 3:42 AM
Heh...either way its cool with me since i already have a shiny mew

Tony~Jirachi
20th August 2006, 4:19 AM
Woah this would be awsome if its true, i'll be 1 pokemon closer to finishing my national dex and probably SR for a shiny. I just hope the only one near me will participate, but why is it on a wednesday?

Dragonking
20th August 2006, 4:29 AM
nothing yet in events from toysrus and pokemon. What's the source.

mewfanforlife
20th August 2006, 4:31 AM
That'd be great if they did this, even though I already have Mew on Emerald.

mewsbuddy
20th August 2006, 4:37 AM
im gonna reset for a shiny mew it is my favorite shiny and pokemon

legendary pkm master
20th August 2006, 4:55 AM
I was in japan for a week and that week they were giving away the old sea chart so i went out and bought a link cable and jap emerald then i went to the event(which i couldnt understand anything at all)and i downloaded the old sea chart.i got mew and traded it to my eng em now i have a level 30 mew in my emerald(never traind yet)

i thought u have to have a wireless adapter to do get ht eold sea chart but wut eva

and anyways i cheated for my old sea chart but i wonder if they let u soft reset for shiny mew downloads lol

wen bac in the day of pokemon red and blue ,the download stations at toys r us near my house had screens of the pokemon that you are about to get so u can c if its shiny or not. i hope they do it again like that

ShinyFufu
20th August 2006, 5:01 AM
ya, that bugs me too, why is on a school day and not a weekend... I hope my parents can still take me.

Apple_Jack
20th August 2006, 5:08 AM
how would you get a shiny mew? just keep reseting before you battle or do you have to get a new sea chart every time?

edit: sorry I didnt see the FAQ at the top of the page. Disreguard my post.

legendary pkm master
20th August 2006, 5:40 AM
i dno how u can get it but in pokemon red and blue he just gets dowloade dinto your game and he could be shiny but i dno about emerald

Phillyboomerangs
20th August 2006, 6:04 AM
that is cool i def. hope my toys r us gets one then. hopefully they will make ho-oh lugia dexoys and celebi ones too!

Xtra
20th August 2006, 6:07 AM
I sure hope it's true. I can save the time and money needed for a Game Shark with that.

The Edge
20th August 2006, 6:12 AM
Will they be giving it away Only on sept.20 or Starting at sept.20?

Diamond&Pearl=Awesome
20th August 2006, 6:23 AM
OMG!!! The 20th of September is my birthday!!! That would be so cool!!! I hope this is true!!!

Diamond&Pearl=Awesome
20th August 2006, 6:29 AM
I just saw too that it's been confirmed. There is a huge thread at Nintendo about it, though they say it is September 30th.

Judai Yuki
20th August 2006, 6:32 AM
Is this only for AUS?

-Judai

Diamond&Pearl=Awesome
20th August 2006, 6:34 AM
No, its for the US too.

ShinyFufu
20th August 2006, 7:19 AM
No, its for the US too.

Where did you see that it has been confirmed? Please tell me! PLEASE!!!

Diamond&Pearl=Awesome
20th August 2006, 7:21 AM
Some where at Nintendo.com I think.

ShinyFufu
20th August 2006, 7:27 AM
Can you give me an exact link? I just went there, and I can't find any information about it at all.

Diamond&Pearl=Awesome
20th August 2006, 7:30 AM
Sorry, I don't have a link.

Rukaria
20th August 2006, 7:40 AM
i found a link to it!
http://www.pokemon.com/flash.asp

Diamond&Pearl=Awesome
20th August 2006, 7:51 AM
I don't see it there.

Rukaria
20th August 2006, 8:06 AM
theres a main window and then theres 3 links below it
clik on the one on the left
i hope this is useful info
i dont need it cos i live in Australia

Diamond&Pearl=Awesome
20th August 2006, 8:08 AM
I don't think we are talking about the same thing. I'm talking about the Mew give away.

PkmnTrainerJ
20th August 2006, 8:46 AM
Would this include the Toys 'R Us's in the UK as well at some point?

Rukaria
20th August 2006, 8:50 AM
i dont think that they wud do that in the US
but then again thats just my opinion

PkmnTrainerJ
20th August 2006, 8:57 AM
Well, it's took a year from when USA had Deoxys for UK to get it, and now US has Celebi, so I'm expecting that before D/P come out.

So, I guess the UK will be waiting yet again...>_>

Rukaria
20th August 2006, 9:40 AM
i see uve spotted a pattern lets just hope for the sake of the people in the UK its not true

zeppelin
20th August 2006, 10:00 AM
i suppose this is only in America,right?

Ballade
20th August 2006, 10:04 AM
I want a link saying that this is real. Plus, what issue of Nintendo Power said that they'd be handing out Mew? I just looked through the latest one and it doesn't say anything even remotely related to Toys R Us handing out a Mew at select locations.

chorusco
20th August 2006, 10:06 AM
http://pokebeach.com/
This is your link your wanting. It's true, there doing it to celebrate the realease onf Lucario and the mystery of mew.

[AceAussie]
20th August 2006, 10:45 AM
so maybe at our oz tour we'll get one YAY...

Cell
20th August 2006, 11:04 AM
ah... your all so lucky,.. they never do events in Belgium...

Rukaria
20th August 2006, 12:01 PM
australia hasnt had an event i knew of for years which sorta sucked
but last time we had it they handed out celebi-i consider this strange
i highly doubt nintendo australia will be giving out pokemon let alone mew
this is gonna be good though after all those years...

Xtra
20th August 2006, 1:29 PM
Until it's announced on the official site, or announced to be true on serebii, I'm going to take it as a rumor.

legendary pkm master
20th August 2006, 2:40 PM
read this from pokebeach

Mew to be Given Away at Toys R Us - Mew will be given to Pokemon fans all across the United States on September 30th to celebrate the release of the Lucario movie and Mystery Dungeon games. All you have to do is go to a Toys R Us (locations to be announced later) on September 30th with your Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, or LeafGreen game cartridge and a Game Boy Advance. Apparently, there will be two varieties of Mew - either a Mew with Special Attack moves (with Ice Beam and Thunderbolt), or one who specializes in regular Attack moves (Earthquake, Explosion, Shadow Ball). More info later as we approach this date. Now if they would only give Deoxys to us outside of Texas...

Kabuto
20th August 2006, 2:45 PM
It seems like if this is true that it is more like the celebi machine then a trip to faraway island. I mean all I need is the Mew, but it'd be nice to go to one of the mystery islands. (only went to Navel Rock, Deoxys was from a trade)

Captain Murkrow
20th August 2006, 2:51 PM
is this happening in the UK? if so.....

w000000000000000000000000000000000t

Munchlax Master
20th August 2006, 3:17 PM
man i hope its happening at the katy mills one i am sooooooooo anxious

ShinyFufu
20th August 2006, 3:22 PM
Ok good. So it is confirmed Mew will be for download in America! Thanks getting that link Chorusco! Too bad you won't get the old sea chart downloaded, u just get one with certain attacks... that sucks imo...

And at least we know that it'll be on FridaY!

Edit: Actually, I redid my math, and it is actually going to be on a Saturday instead! That's perfect!

Munchlax Master
20th August 2006, 3:24 PM
you never know its a lucky day for evryone, and the luck might go on

balladofwindfishes
20th August 2006, 3:49 PM
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/3883/mewwzu0.jpg
theres proof :)

DarkSpectrum
20th August 2006, 3:55 PM
I sent a inquiry to toys'r'us online so hopefully there will be an official confirmation from them as to wether or not it is true.

Kabuto
20th August 2006, 4:06 PM
It seems to be true as there are many reliable sources. It isn't guaranteed yet, but we have to wait for confirmation to find out which stores are participating. Hopefully, its one nearby me.

Xtra
20th August 2006, 4:08 PM
I have the date saved to my E-mail calender. I'll get a reminder 2 days and one day before the event.

4 8 15 16 23 42
20th August 2006, 4:21 PM
Please tell me that it will be happening in the UK at the same date, because I never findout the dates for these things.

ShinyFufu
20th August 2006, 4:24 PM
There has been no word on whether or not the UK will be able to get Mew. Sorry.

Golden Egg
20th August 2006, 4:26 PM
So this means that there will be Mews avaible when Wi-fi comes. Yay. Too bad it doesn't happen where I live. x.X

4 8 15 16 23 42
20th August 2006, 4:31 PM
So there might be a chance that there will be Mews in the UK?

Shiny Metagross
20th August 2006, 4:33 PM
So... if this is true, I will run around like an idiot and scream at the top of my lungs. I already have Deoxys :), I just need Mew!

Dark Light
20th August 2006, 4:42 PM
This'll be the first event I will be able to go to. Finally!!!!

PkmnTrainerJ
20th August 2006, 4:44 PM
I don't think the UK will get it at the same time, maybe when the DVD is released here, then we will.

4 8 15 16 23 42
20th August 2006, 4:45 PM
Do you know when the DVD is released here?

PkmnTrainerJ
20th August 2006, 5:03 PM
Jirachi: Wishmaker isn't due out until October, so some time yet.

Sephiroth12
20th August 2006, 5:07 PM
I cant wait now i just need deoxys!

mewsbuddy
20th August 2006, 5:16 PM
Im finnaly gonna CATCH EM ALL

Munchlax Master
20th August 2006, 5:17 PM
you mean you will complet national dex?

Munchlax Master
20th August 2006, 5:18 PM
you mean you will complete national dex?

Charry
20th August 2006, 5:21 PM
I've HAD Mew, this is no shock...

4 8 15 16 23 42
20th August 2006, 5:24 PM
If there's ever a toys 'r' us thing in the UK on a certain day, PM me if you can, I chech every day and probably the Mew thing is for one day here (if it is here.)

Blizzard
20th August 2006, 5:26 PM
Woop-dee-doo. This will release some tention around the forums where other Brits like myself are frustrated at the lack of events in the UK.

♪Crystal Mew♪
20th August 2006, 5:26 PM
Charry your's was cheated...

this sucks majorly that it is just a download...

I wish it was the ticket...

now it is oging to be a pain in the *** to get a shiny one...

I wonder if they allow multiple downloads...

EmbersBackUpSinger
20th August 2006, 5:27 PM
I cant wait rlly! I wanna know where they are!

Munchlax Master
20th August 2006, 5:31 PM
bring lucky stuff so you might get a shiny!!

SQUIRTLETamer08
20th August 2006, 5:42 PM
Mew to be Given Away at Toys R Us - Mew will be given to Pokemon fans all across the United States on September 30th to celebrate the release of the Lucario movie and Mystery Dungeon games. All you have to do is go to a Toys R Us (locations to be announced later) on September 30th with your Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, or LeafGreen game cartridge and a Game Boy Advance. Apparently, there will be two varieties of Mew - either a Mew with Special Attack moves (with Ice Beam and Thunderbolt), or one who specializes in regular Attack moves (Earthquake, Explosion, Shadow Ball). More info later as we approach this date. from pokebeach.com

balladofwindfishes
20th August 2006, 6:02 PM
Apparently they are fully EV trained with the proper ature depending on which Mew you get.
Mew @ Leichi Berry
Adamant
252 Ev's Attack/252 Ev's Speed/6 Ev's HP

Explosion
Earthquake
Shadow Ball
Swords Dance

OR,

Mew @ Petaya Berry
Modest or Timid
252 Ev's Sp. Attk/252 Ev's Speed/6 Ev's HP

Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Calm Mind
Baton Pass

Sephiroth12
20th August 2006, 6:12 PM
Do you think we will get the old chart or the mew itself? Since it seems we're getting mew itself i hope i get a shiny mew.

Midnight Lucario
20th August 2006, 6:28 PM
i wish it was the chart. but since i live by witicha kansas, i can go to a toys r us. woot!!!!!

ANinyMouse
20th August 2006, 6:38 PM
Alright, check it, guys.

Last time Toys 'R' Us had an event, it was when FireRed & LeafGreen came out in the states. They were giving away the version-exclusive Pokemon like Shellder and Growlithe, etc. Basically, what you did was...

There's a table set up in the video game dept. An employee with several GBAs and several karts sits there, and you actually TRADE for the pokemon. The Nintendo karts have boxes chock full of whatever it is they're giving away.

Now, it could of course be a download system like they have in New York, but chances are Nintendo is just going to mail out karts to Toys 'R' Us stores as it's less of a cost to them.

Expect to trade for Mew. Do not expect a download OR obtaining the Old Sea Chart. Also, if it is a trade, you have a 0% chance of getting a shiny Mew.

Midnight Lucario
20th August 2006, 6:54 PM
what if they mail out the carts with ALL SHINY MEW'S? this is awesome.

*prays he can get a shiny mew from toys r us*

Judai Yuki
20th August 2006, 7:12 PM
Sept.30?That's when I get my imported Pearl.

-Judai

ShinyFufu
20th August 2006, 7:15 PM
I doubt that you'll have to actually trade... that be just dumb imo.

Midnight Lucario
20th August 2006, 7:19 PM
what kind of pokemon do you think you will have to trade to get mew IF you HAVE to trade to get mew? anything? ubers? only time will tell...

ArrEmmDee
20th August 2006, 7:31 PM
what if they mail out the carts with ALL SHINY MEW'S? this is awesome.

*prays he can get a shiny mew from toys r us*You're better off praying for your health, man, because you're just wasting your time hoping for something like that.

Did anyone end up getting a shiny Celebi from JAA? I heard nothing implying such. If Mew is a trade system as chap a few posts up said, it seems a shiny Mew will not be possible at all.

Interesting, since both have Shining Cards in the TCG.

4 8 15 16 23 42
20th August 2006, 7:34 PM
If you did have to trade certain pokemon for the Mew, you could just clone that one and keep the pokemon needed to trade.

EDIT: What would the Mews' OTs be? It'd be funny if it was " 'r' "!

Diamond&Pearl=Awesome
20th August 2006, 7:41 PM
Somebody yesterday made a thread about having a shiny Celebi for whoever was wondering.

Mega Trickster
20th August 2006, 7:46 PM
Yay! Pink (or maybe Blue) little kitty! I wonder what the download limit is....

Also this is the perfect oppoutunity to show off my Japanese Pokemon games. Hehehehe......I might buy MD Blue if they have it, I already got Japanese Red.

Midnight Lucario
20th August 2006, 7:47 PM
Somebody yesterday made a thread about having a shiny Celebi for whoever was wondering.

yeah, i remember that now. i think it got closed...

EDIT: woot! rank: Unsafe!

Warri0r
20th August 2006, 7:47 PM
Does anyone know if they've released a list of the Toy'R'Us' participating in the event?

I think I'll be able to go to this thing.

Mega Trickster
20th August 2006, 7:48 PM
Does anyone know if they've released a list of the Toy'R'Us' participating in the event?

I think I'll be able to go to this thing.

It's supposed be all of the ones around the nation.

ANinyMouse
20th August 2006, 8:31 PM
This whole thing seems fishy. I've yet to find any official confirmation, and I HAVE the latest Nintendo Power (Sept '06/Vol 207), which contains NO SUCH ARTICLE.

I call shenanigans, sir!

Spirit Rubi
20th August 2006, 8:38 PM
I hope this is true! I want Mew so bad... XD

If you did have to trade certain pokemon for the Mew, you could just clone that one and keep the pokemon needed to trade.

EDIT: What would the Mews' OTs be? It'd be funny if it was " 'r' "!

The OT's could just be the 10th anniversary thing... but it probably won't be the " 'r' " thing though that was funny. XD

This whole thing seems fishy. I've yet to find any official confirmation, and I HAVE the latest Nintendo Power (Sept '06/Vol 207), which contains NO SUCH ARTICLE.

I call shenanigans, sir!

Well, at the bottom of the page it said that it was the Oct. Nintendo Power... I could check my library and see it they have the Oct. one already.

balladofwindfishes
20th August 2006, 8:40 PM
umm I wasn't the first one with this info -_- actually I got that scan from a couple nsider threads

Canis Lupus
20th August 2006, 8:42 PM
Dang. I just sold my GBA, so I won't be able to get it. =-( Oh well, I'll ask around when D/P comes out. Lucky people...

chrombot
20th August 2006, 8:47 PM
Charry your's was cheated...

this sucks majorly that it is just a download...

I wish it was the ticket...

now it is oging to be a pain in the *** to get a shiny one...

I wonder if they allow multiple downloads...

The far away island is only in emerald though, so it's much better to have all 5 games have access to mew than just 1. I prefer that over being able to soft reset.

Kosmo
20th August 2006, 9:25 PM
So no ones been able to confirm this is yet? If not it's probally not true.

ANinyMouse
20th August 2006, 9:28 PM
The only time in the 3rd generation that Nintendo's had a WIDESPREAD directly-downloaded Pokemon giveaway was when the berry glitch first surfaced and hey gave away shiny Zigzagoons to comemorate. All the other giveaways were either very exclusive (New York Pokecentre, JAA) or were actually trades (the FireRed/LeafGreen incident).

If this is legit, then I'd imagine it'll be a trade, since there are so many hundreds of Toys 'R' Us stores in the USA. A download station for one day doesn't seem like Nintendo at all. For FR/LG, Toys 'R' Us just shipped the mod karts back to Nintendo the day afterwards.

And even then, I'm still on the fence about the authenticity of this, as that issue's been out for a month and no such news has surfaced until now.

_Goats_
20th August 2006, 9:30 PM
So no ones been able to confirm this is yet? If not it's probally not true.

Is the picture from nintendo power not conformation enough?

ANinyMouse
20th August 2006, 9:38 PM
That's a month-old volume. You don't think someone would have noticed sooner?

Ash's Pika Pal
20th August 2006, 9:39 PM
Wow this is so cool to actually be getting a Mew.And, it's on a Sat.how cool is that? I do have a question though if you bring more then one game do you think they will let you have more then one Mew? Or is it the one per costumer deal?

Mega Trickster
20th August 2006, 10:07 PM
Oh yeah whoever is going to the Toys r Us in San Diego, look for a girl with Groudon hat (that will REALLY stand out) and ask "Are you MT?", if you do this I'll let you play my Japanese Pokemon games. Also note that by Step. 30th I should have Pokemon Diamond. This offer is only avaible to SPPf members so don't spread it around <_<;

Skinwalker
20th August 2006, 10:24 PM
Toys R Us often do events like this on their own independent of Nintendo. So it'll probably be them using a bunch of Mews they've obtained from breeding one they got from an Xploder, or just straight off a bunch of mews they got from an Xploder/ gameshark. Or maybe they'll take your cart and use an xploder to put a mew on...

Then again they might not even give out mew. I remember at a Toys R Us event a long time ago, someone on a message board did a report of it (shortly after FRLG release). The event was supposed to be giving out rare/ special pokemon or something, and the person really only ended up with a bunch of crappy pokemon that weren't particularly rare or legendary or anything like that.

Still, I wish places in the UK/ locally (not just places like London -_-) did stuff like this.

balladofwindfishes
20th August 2006, 10:28 PM
That's a month-old volume. You don't think someone would have noticed sooner?

It's not a month old issue. Look at the bottom of the page, it's the latest issue

Also I'm looking more into this, and asking the person I got this info from for a full page scan of the Pokemon Section

Kosmo
20th August 2006, 11:51 PM
Yeah I guess this is starting to look more official, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Toys R Us has a page on their website for in-store events, Here (http://www4.toysrus.com/our/tru/prom/store_index.cfm), but no information is on there as of yet. (If it's going to be at all.)

2Percent Miltank
21st August 2006, 12:41 AM
I'd love to have Mew on my Emerald Version. Knowing my luck, if this is true, then the Toys "R" Us nearest to me won't even be participating...XD Oh well, sounds really cool though, I've always wanted a Mew on at least one of my games.

Haruka
21st August 2006, 1:24 AM
Can you download more than one myuu on your game?

Auraninja
21st August 2006, 1:52 AM
I don't really like the fact that we don't get the Old Sea Chart. I really wish that was the case because I would always like to go to a new place on my games., and participate in legendary boss fights. However, I do like the fact that we get two varities of Mews, somewhat.

Sailor Merury
21st August 2006, 2:05 AM
Yes! Now I just have to decide which game......

MidnightScott
21st August 2006, 2:17 AM
Holy **** - I will definately go to this!!!

~Scott;229;

ZibaLaZiba
21st August 2006, 2:52 AM
Dang; why doesn't Canada get anything like this? It's like U.S.A's younger brother! I'm depressed yet again :( .

amulekbird
21st August 2006, 2:57 AM
Someone explain how October 2006 issue could be out. I don't get it (probably because I don't receive Nintendo Power anymore).

MaxPegasus42
21st August 2006, 3:05 AM
This could be good if it turns out real... We get Mew, have access to Jirachi, and all we all have to do is trade for Celebii when D/P comes out with people in Japan... and we can have all 3 finally... good deal

Zapdos560
21st August 2006, 3:16 AM
Apparently they are fully EV trained with the proper ature depending on which Mew you get.
Mew @ Leichi Berry
Adamant
252 Ev's Attack/252 Ev's Speed/6 Ev's HP

Explosion
Earthquake
Shadow Ball
Swords Dance

OR,

Mew @ Petaya Berry
Modest or Timid
252 Ev's Sp. Attk/252 Ev's Speed/6 Ev's HP

Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Calm Mind
Baton Pass

And where does this info come from?

PokeMasta
21st August 2006, 3:28 AM
Someone explain how October 2006 issue could be out. I don't get it (probably because I don't receive Nintendo Power anymore).

For some reason most of my current issues hav it like that you always get it a month ahead of what it says. like you would the july issue in june

CharizardMaster
21st August 2006, 3:42 AM
If its true, THAnk God! But I doubt my mom would even bother to take me.

Mega Trickster
21st August 2006, 3:42 AM
For some reason most of my current issues hav it like that you always get it a month ahead of what it says. like you would the july issue in june

Before anyone says this is BS, this has happened with all my magazines, all my brother's magazines, and all my friends' magazines.

:)

fraternity
21st August 2006, 3:54 AM
This sounds interesting. I would love to have mew.

But in the meantime, Is it true if you get all 200 pokemon in R/S you get Jirachi?

WhiteWizard42
21st August 2006, 3:56 AM
no. you don't get anything for completing the hoenn dex in R/S, but in Emerald you get a johto starter of your choice.

Psyboy
21st August 2006, 4:03 AM
http://gonintendo.com/wp-content/photos/TRUMew.jpg incase no one's posted this today... Anyways this is so exciting I finally get a mew!

Hallnavy
21st August 2006, 4:08 AM
Is that real? If so then YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;151;

fraternity
21st August 2006, 4:13 AM
Is it for any Toys R Us?

Mega Trickster
21st August 2006, 4:16 AM
Is it for any Toys R Us?

Yes it's supposed be all of them around the US.

Psyboy
21st August 2006, 4:17 AM
Is it for any Toys R Us?

I guessing ya if it weren't it would be like another Pokemon event which would only be an exclusive cities which would suck just make sure to go to see it is

mewsbuddy
21st August 2006, 4:17 AM
Im gonna get as many as possible it is the only missing pokemon.
EDIT:NEW RANK!!

Psyboy
21st August 2006, 4:20 AM
Im getting two one in my emerald and one in my leaf green my brother is going to use my leaf green so they won't say you already went and all

mewsbuddy
21st August 2006, 4:21 AM
Im getting two one in my emerald and one in my leaf green my brother is going to use my leaf green so they won't say you already went and all

thats what I did at JAA for celebi :D

Psyboy
21st August 2006, 4:23 AM
thats what I did at JAA for celebi :D

LOL if only they did celebi again and I deoxys...sigh and lugia...and ho-oh........*starts to Cry*

W33dl3 M4ster
21st August 2006, 4:47 AM
W00t w00t, go toys r us, will mew be the usual lvl 30 or what?

VideoGamer713
21st August 2006, 4:55 AM
I really hope its true, but in totalpokemon.com it says that the download will be on the 19th, so is it the 19th, or the 30th?

♪Crystal Mew♪
21st August 2006, 4:56 AM
Maybe there will be an option for ticket download *is hopeful*

btw the way they did it for JAA was not by trading... but they had these weirdo blue carts that you hooked up to and it loaded it into an empty space in your cartridge...

I do not believe it was possible to get shinies from JAA (even though people have said it is possible)

mewsbuddy
21st August 2006, 5:00 AM
I really hope its true, but in totalpokemon.com it says that the download will be on the 19th, so is it the 19th, or the 30th?

if you look at the picture you will see that article from nintendo power says it will be on the 30th so im guessing it will be.

Pochaki
21st August 2006, 5:21 AM
is this event only for Toysrus in the US? x3
I want to get Mew ;151; too...but I live in Canada...T_T

Psyboy
21st August 2006, 5:30 AM
I'll trade my extra with if you'd like when diamond and pearl come out

Argy
21st August 2006, 5:31 AM
Do the employees at these things usually have extra GBAs? I have Emerald and FireRed, but I only have a DS Lite...

W33dl3 M4ster
21st August 2006, 5:33 AM
To do this can u use a ds or only a sp?

Psyboy
21st August 2006, 5:35 AM
Sp or GBA Original, I don't think think DS can though

EmbersBackUpSinger
21st August 2006, 5:40 AM
I cant wait!! I need a list of Areas!

TogeticTheRuler
21st August 2006, 5:54 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOO!WHY O WHY!Damn my so called friend forgeting to give me my gba back!So its only on September 30?Guess i wont be able to attend.........

Prince_PJ
21st August 2006, 6:06 AM
I'm checking this out in local Canadian Toys R Us when the time comes, but even if it's true, I'll doubt Canada will get it. We get shafted as far as Pokemon events are concerned (I mean, I live in TORONTO, as in, pretty much Canada's city [Not to be confused with Canada's Capital :p], and I don't think there's been a Pokemon event in the last... 5 or so years?).

It's not like it'll be such a hassle, as I live close to a Toys R Us anyhoo.

I hope if it's a bunch of Mews from a cart I hope they'll let you go to the renamer dude, and let you do that. I don't want a, "MEW" Pokemon, I want, "Exscoobider!" or something. Unless there's a code to change nicknames but I'M NOT ASKING THAT HERE SO SHHH XD

Psyboy
21st August 2006, 6:06 AM
But can't you just ask your friend for it, I mean its still not there for a long time. Just explain the situation and I bet your friend would understand

Galatica Phantom
21st August 2006, 6:18 AM
I'm not reading this whole topic, but why does it say "October 2006" on the bottem..o.o?

Anyway, this is cool^^

Savvao
21st August 2006, 6:20 AM
w00t! Its my mine soon!

BlackViper
21st August 2006, 6:49 AM
I'm not reading this whole topic, but why does it say "October 2006" on the bottem..o.o?

Anyway, this is cool^^

In case you didnt know Nintendo Power magaizines are always a couple months ahead.

I heard that the month on the issues is the month stores are supposed to take them off the selves or something like that. But Im not completly sure.

ShadowP
21st August 2006, 6:51 AM
I'm checking this out in local Canadian Toys R Us when the time comes, but even if it's true, I'll doubt Canada will get it. We get shafted as far as Pokemon events are concerned (I mean, I live in TORONTO, as in, pretty much Canada's city [Not to be confused with Canada's Capital :p], and I don't think there's been a Pokemon event in the last... 5 or so years?).

Touché. I remember the only event that I went to. Nothing special though - just a gathering where you could meet others,trade,battle,etc. (If that even counts as an event. >_>; ) But that was waaay long ago. XP;

But,yeah it's times like these where I wish I lived in America. But congrats to you all nonetheless.

Dragonking
21st August 2006, 8:04 AM
Hmm I guess I'll bring my ruby and some others in case i can do more than one.

Turtloopa
21st August 2006, 8:08 AM
Only in americka as always. FFS.

Pikachu1125
21st August 2006, 9:05 AM
Wow, hopefully I can get it.

AJ kinova the psychic
21st August 2006, 2:56 PM
Wow! I cant wait

~Sirnight~
21st August 2006, 2:58 PM
Thjis is fantastic, but do you need the wireless adapter thing on the GBA SP?

~Sirnight~

DarkSpectrum
21st August 2006, 3:02 PM
In case you didnt know Nintendo Power magaizines are always a couple months ahead.

I heard that the month on the issues is the month stores are supposed to take them off the selves or something like that. But Im not completly sure.
Yea... the month on the magazine is usually when it is supposed to be replaced. At least that is the way it used to be.

I emailed toys r us and this is the response i got back:
Thank you for contacting the "R" Us family.
I do apologize for the inconvenience, but I was not able to locate any information on the promotion.
However if you can please contact your local store, because in store promotions depends on the store and their management. Thank you for choosing Toys "R" Us and once again I do apologize for the inconvenience, Also if you need further assistance please call (800)Toysrus.

Sincerely,
Toys "R" Us Guest Relations Team

So does anyone have any CONCRETE info and a place to look it up on when/where and if this is completely true. I would love to go but I'm in oklahoma and I don't know if they'd come to our toys r us or not.

balladofwindfishes
21st August 2006, 4:37 PM
I'm still asking for a full page scan from they guy I got that clip from...

Shining Mew
21st August 2006, 5:47 PM
Well, for people not in the USA, technically it`s not like Mew will never be available to you.

Remember, once D/P comes out you can trade for one from someone who has extra Mews. I have Emerald, Ruby and Fire Red, so I`ll have 2 extra Mews to hand out to 2 friends when the time comes. Actually more like 4, considering my sister has Emerald, Sapphire and Leaf Green.

DarkSpectrum
21st August 2006, 5:56 PM
Well, for people not in the USA, technically it`s not like Mew will never be available to you.

Remember, once D/P comes out you can trade for one from someone who has extra Mews. I have Emerald, Ruby and Fire Red, so I`ll have 2 extra Mews to hand out to 2 friends when the time comes. Actually more like 4, considering my sister has Emerald, Sapphire and Leaf Green.

Yea... I have emerald, ruby, fire red, and leaf green and depending on how many i can get downloaded I'd be willing to trade a couple. That is of course IF it comes to oklahoma.....noone ever comes here :-(

Psyboy
21st August 2006, 6:07 PM
Like I said before I got an extra for anyone who wants too

Prime Wolf
21st August 2006, 6:12 PM
Is this in America? I hope its in Australia aswell.

Expert Evan
21st August 2006, 7:02 PM
This almost sounds too good to be true. Is there a link confirming this as I tried going to the toys r us website and could not find it. I am close to at least 2 of the stores and want to make sure the ones near me shall have the mew for download. Of course my first preference is to transfer it to my emerald, otherwise any other game shall do.

Carnation the Pink Mew
21st August 2006, 8:00 PM
I'm probably going to get one and I'll gladly trade anyone who wants one. I live near like 4 Toys 'r Us stores. Lucky me!

mewsbuddy
21st August 2006, 8:05 PM
I'm probably going to get one and I'll gladly trade anyone who wants one. I live near like 4 Toys 'r Us stores. Lucky me!

not so fast buddy whoever wants a mew PM me so we can work out a trade and I wont ask for anything to rare.

water types rule
21st August 2006, 8:33 PM
It mentioned this on pokejungle.net and thier a pretty reliable site aren't they? Anyway, this and Deoxys are the only "unobtainables" I'm missing.

Carnation the Pink Mew
21st August 2006, 8:36 PM
not so fast buddy whoever wants a mew PM me so we can work out a trade and I wont ask for anything to rare.

What's that supposed to mean?

~Sirnight~
21st August 2006, 8:38 PM
He's asking about trading for when D/P comes out.

~Sirnight~

mewsbuddy
21st August 2006, 8:39 PM
What's that supposed to mean?

nothing at all......or does it?

Carnation the Pink Mew
21st August 2006, 8:40 PM
nothing at all......or does it?

.....okay...

trumpet_crobat
21st August 2006, 8:55 PM
woot! yes finnally i can make this event and i can use my firered cuz its not the sea chart im going to rub it in my friends face cuz he got to go to JAA and PRA and i didn't,but now im getting a mew and he lost his deoxys :).

wisdom&valor
21st August 2006, 9:08 PM
What Stores Are They Doing This In

Mega Trickster
21st August 2006, 9:10 PM
What Stores Are They Doing This In

It's supposed to be all around the US.

Xanatos
21st August 2006, 9:11 PM

The thing is how would any one trade?

CrimsonX
21st August 2006, 9:11 PM
yea um its coming to NY right?...

Typhlosion Dude
21st August 2006, 9:13 PM
I also saw it at another post before this one. And I saw it comfirmed at Pokejungle.net.

trumpet_crobat
21st August 2006, 9:14 PM
i think its people just link up to your game and they trade the mew i wonder or a machine anyone know what the ot is

legendary master Jose
21st August 2006, 9:35 PM
omg i hope this true cause there is a toys r us right by my school all i have to do is sneak myu gba into my bag get through school wait for my mom to pick me up then ill beg like ive never begged before

Mega Trickster
21st August 2006, 9:36 PM
omg i hope this true cause there is a toys r us right by my school all i have to do is sneak myu gba into my bag get through school wait for my mom to pick me up then ill beg like ive never begged before

Or you could smart like me and ASK your mom BEFORE the event happens.

legendary master Jose
21st August 2006, 9:39 PM
lol i actually i wont have to because next to the toys r us is hell on earth MARSHALLS *LIGHTING FLASHES* she ussually takes us there right after school where we sit there fpr about 3 hours while she looks in every nook and cranny in the store for stuff she returns the next day lol but she will proably let me walk over to toys r us while she is there she ussually lets me do that anyways

Shadow_Lugia_Master
21st August 2006, 9:43 PM
I'm gonna have 4 mews then! I've got pokemon emerald, fire red, ruby, and sapphirre.

ShadowDeoxys
21st August 2006, 9:50 PM
Will this be in canadian toy r us 's too. and will it work on any version since the 3rd gen. ? and is it for sure cause nothing happens in canada ... nope no events... nothing. same thing happened when i found out you couyld get deoxys and i went crazy and then... i found out you cound only get it throught an american event... and im prety sure i will be disapointed about this notice too but il chek my nearest toys r us ...but when will this start and end? and what do i need ? link cable wire-less link?

Pikabolt
21st August 2006, 9:52 PM
Now, I'm very excited about this, and nobody flame me, but can't you just do the emerald clone trick to get all the mew's you want? I tried it out with a numel and it works.

Ranger Registeel
21st August 2006, 9:55 PM
I'm cloning it for my friends that can't be there.

legendary master Jose
21st August 2006, 9:56 PM
yes i think u can do that unless however they secretly put in a fix for that cloning glitch when u get mew

~Sirnight~
21st August 2006, 10:03 PM
Now, I'm very excited about this, and nobody flame me, but can't you just do the emerald clone trick to get all the mew's you want? I tried it out with a numel and it works.

Yes, which is what I plan to do, those will really get me something good when D/P comes out. Hey, does anyone know if they come at level 5 or something?

~Sirnight~

MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO
21st August 2006, 10:05 PM
Sorry to burst all your bubbles, but, this isn't the Old Sea Chart.
If you look at the ad, you'll see that Ruby,Sapphire,LG,FR can also have it.
But the Old Sea MAp isn't programed into it.
So it's going to be like the Deoxys download in Houston.
Though getting a mew at ALL is exciting (and maybe one of us will be lucky enough to get a shiny one ^_^!)

legendary master Jose
21st August 2006, 10:05 PM
well normally when they give out pokes they are ussually either lvl 5 30 or 70 im going to guess 30 however

~Sirnight~
21st August 2006, 10:07 PM
Sorry to burst all your bubbles, but, this isn't the Old Sea Chart.
If you look at the ad, you'll see that Ruby,Sapphire,LG,FR can also have it.
But the Old Sea MAp isn't programed into it.
So it's going to be like the Deoxys download in Houston.
Though getting a mew at ALL is exciting (and maybe one of us will be lucky enough to get a shiny one ^_^!)

Well, yeah, wasn't that implied? I though it was just a fact :D. And, of course, getrtting a Mew at all is great.

well normally when they give out pokes they are ussually either lvl 5 30 or 70 im going to guess 30 however

Yeah, 20-30 seems right, but I'm betting on 5.

~Sirnight~

trumpet_crobat
21st August 2006, 10:36 PM
im just going to ask my friend for a ho-oh clone and jirachi clone for a mew clone using the colloseum clone method his bro has lugia from XD so me and my friend are going to get also a lugia clone and my friends bro will also have a mew clone and ho-oh clone

legendary master Jose
21st August 2006, 11:32 PM
colloseum clone method?

mewsbuddy
22nd August 2006, 12:40 AM
Since there are many toys r us stores all over the nation do you still think the lines will be long?

Wendigo
22nd August 2006, 1:22 AM
I hope my nearest TRU is having this promotion, 'cause more often than not they get left out of things like this.

If they are, hope my transportation is fixed by then. :D

Hsiao-Chai
22nd August 2006, 1:36 AM
I'm definitely going to get one. My dad has it marked on the calendar so he doesn't forget about it.

Ellie
22nd August 2006, 2:59 AM
I may go. I'm not sure yet.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a way to tell if the Toys R Us near you will be "participating?" I don't want to get all the way over there and find out they're not doing it. ><

trumpet_crobat
22nd August 2006, 3:07 AM
colloseum clone method?

this should explain it http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=33596&page=51 its post #1012

Kabuto
22nd August 2006, 3:25 AM
Colosseum clone method is much more difficult. Anyway, I doubt getting Mew would fix the clone glitch. I hope they really do allow Mew downloads soon, I really want to train one.

ANinyMouse
22nd August 2006, 4:48 AM
I keep telling you guys it isn't likely to be a download, but a trade. All the downloads have always been in just one location at a time, i.e. Houston, New York, D.C. . . . now we're talking about hundreds of stores around the country on one day.

I still say they'll do like in FR/LG and have you trade something.

And to those who suggested you had to tradw a specific Pokemon in order to get Mew: this is absolutely absurd. This would be like any other normal trade, nothing special, other than you get a Mew. Why wouldn't it be? There's an established precedent, now.

Too much needless redundant yammering going on in this thread...

Hsiao-Chai
22nd August 2006, 5:19 AM
I may go. I'm not sure yet.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a way to tell if the Toys R Us near you will be "participating?" I don't want to get all the way over there and find out they're not doing it. ><

Just send an e-mail to Nintendo and ask them. They've answered every question I've asked them before.

Whompithian
22nd August 2006, 6:05 AM
I keep telling you guys it isn't likely to be a download, but a trade. All the downloads have always been in just one location at a time, i.e. Houston, New York, D.C. . . . now we're talking about hundreds of stores around the country on one day.
It's really unlikely that it would be a trade. Nintendo of America have means of distributing specialty software fairly easily. For instance, the Berry Program Update written on demo discs at GameCube kiosks in EBX and GameStop a couple years back. There were also the transfer stations at the Journey Across America; those were just GBAs running specialized software. Similar software could be delivered to thousands of locations in very little time. They've probably been working on this for the past few months and they still have some time to smooth out the final distribution. Besides, trading takes about 3 times longer than performing a download, which is another reason it is more likely that Mew will be a download.

Hsiao-Chai
22nd August 2006, 6:34 AM
I also don't think it will be a trade. I went to something like this at Six Flags a few years ago when I got Celebi for my Crystal and Silver (They let me get a Celebi on both of them). They just put my cartridge in this thing and it gave me a Celebi. That's how it will work, most likely.

Cain
22nd August 2006, 7:19 AM
Grr... Of course, another event for the US, still none for Canada. They better do this in Canadian Toys R Us' too, or else I'll be very angry :P

Animal_Crossed
22nd August 2006, 7:20 AM
I seriously hope that if this is true, my local Toys R Us' are participating. Mew has been my favorite even before Mewtwo Strikes Back came to the US.

halloweenghost
22nd August 2006, 7:45 AM
man I am still upset I couldn't go get celebi from the recent JAA tour when it was in arlington I hope so much mew will be here close by... Hopefully pokemon.com will release the list of the stores having the promotion..

*EDIT*

ok guys read the little article from the magazie it says bring one of these games so I'm sure they only allow one, that and it says

Bring gamepaks to PARTICIPATING so that does not mean every toys r us will have it as a few of you are saying.

.:Hades Houndoom:.
22nd August 2006, 10:22 AM
This stinks,
The same day this is happening, the Farm Aid concert is the same day!
and I have to go to both of them, I hope that the Toys R Us near King of Prussia mall is participating, or else I'll be really angry because I dont really feel like running down to philly, and coming back and then leaving for philly again.

Raine
22nd August 2006, 10:56 AM
Is this just america, or is it Canada as well?

mewsbuddy
22nd August 2006, 6:28 PM
only america.

dude man
22nd August 2006, 6:38 PM
heh, sorry to burst your bubble, but that is spet 20th

were did you here the 20th its the 30th

mewsbuddy
22nd August 2006, 6:41 PM
Offtopic: my plan worked I saw if I posted it would attract alot of people to see what i said so this thread could keep going.
ontopic:I wonder if anyone will get a shiny mew?

dude man
22nd August 2006, 6:44 PM
im gonna reset for a shiny mew it is my favorite shiny and pokemon

what do you mean by reset for a shiny?

~Sirnight~
22nd August 2006, 6:44 PM
Offtopic: my plan worked I saw if I posted it would attract alot of people to see what i said so this thread could keep going.
ontopic:I wonder if anyone will get a shiny mew?

I hope, looks better. I also wonder if like other Nintendo things, uploading it raises chances of getting a shiny in the game.

DarkSpectrum
22nd August 2006, 6:46 PM
what do you mean by reset for a shiny?

I'm guessing he's thinking it is the old sea chart....however he is horribly wrong since it is available for ALL the GBA versions.
All it is will be a straight download to your game and from what I understand they are all just rather bland mews.

mewsbuddy
22nd August 2006, 6:48 PM
maybe if you have emerald there will be an option for the old sea chart.

mewfan1
22nd August 2006, 6:52 PM
Good thing I aready have a mew. :) ;151; He's a level 80.
I hope you guys know that the lines are going to be very long for this. I went to one of the JAA's to download celebi, and I couldn't because the lines were very very long. The lines for mew will probably be triple as long. But still, its worth a shot. Finally they are letting mew be avalible in the US.

mewsbuddy
22nd August 2006, 6:54 PM
Good thing I aready have a mew. :) ;151; He's a level 80.
I hope you guys know that the lines are going to be very long for this. I went to one of the JAA's to download celebi, and I couldn't because the lines were very very long. The lines for mew will probably be triple as long. But still, its worth a shot. Finally they are letting mew be avalible in the US.

maybe not because its all over the nation at all toys r us stores.

dude man
22nd August 2006, 6:58 PM
Someone said that it was on the 20th who in the world is sayin that and why

Sarukarisha
22nd August 2006, 9:18 PM
lolz, i have a toy's r us at the birmingham galleria and it's really big so they should do it there!

Moeteimasu Umi
22nd August 2006, 9:47 PM
wait so im geussing they are giving away old sea charts because it said bring R/S/FR/LG or Em -__- i wanted a shiny mew :(

Savvao
22nd August 2006, 9:49 PM
only america.I got lucky, theres a toys r us in like 2-3 miles.

Moeteimasu Umi
22nd August 2006, 9:54 PM
OmG im so lucky sept 30 is a week where i dont have to go to my dads house!and toys r us is near my dentist office so i can ask my mom is she can schedule my yanking for that morning then we can go strait to toys r us(it will be so embarrasing hough ill have a swollen mouth and everything and does anyone know iff i have to get a wireless connector for this??

DarkSpectrum
22nd August 2006, 9:55 PM
wait so im geussing they are giving away old sea charts because it said bring R/S/FR/LG or Em -__- i wanted a shiny mew :(

the old sea chart is ONLY available for emerald so if that was what they were giving away then you couldn't bring ruby/saphire/fire red/ leaf green. From what I hear it was already confirmed to be a download of mew itself... (like deoxys at houston space center) and there are 2 types, special attack, and attack with preset moves and evs.... dunno for sure on that as I'm still waiting for info on where to look up which toys r us's will be doin it.

Moeteimasu Umi
22nd August 2006, 9:56 PM
OmG im so lucky sept 30 is a week where i dont have to go to my dads house!and toys r us is near my dentist office so i can ask my mom is she can schedule my yanking for that morning then we can go strait to toys r us(it will be so embarrasing hough ill have a swollen mouth and everything and does anyone know iff i have to get a wireless connector for this??

awnser me plz :(

And what level will it be in?

Savvao
22nd August 2006, 9:57 PM

And what level will it be in?Cearly like lvl 5, i could be wrong.

DarkSpectrum
22nd August 2006, 9:59 PM

And what level will it be in?

OMG don't trip dude.... seeing as it says you can use ruby/saphire then no... no wireless needed since those 2 can't use wireless.
Unknown as of yet what level......

Moeteimasu Umi
22nd August 2006, 10:02 PM
the toys r us near me has a sign up saying...

Pokemon Fans,Come get the exclusive pokemon Mew in a one day event to celebraate the release of Lucario the Mystery of Mew

DarkSpectrum
22nd August 2006, 10:07 PM

Pokemon Fans,Come get the exclusive pokemon Mew in a one day event to celebraate the release of Lucario the Mystery of Mew

Does it say anything on what exact date/time it will be?
supposedly 30th but sometimes things change

Moeteimasu Umi
22nd August 2006, 10:09 PM
Does it say anything on what exact date/time it will be?
supposedly 30th but sometimes things change
It says on the 30th from opening to closing

mewsbuddy
22nd August 2006, 10:18 PM
It says on the 30th from opening to closing

lucky hopefully one of the four I live close to are paticipating.

Moeteimasu Umi
22nd August 2006, 10:22 PM
im gonna call the one near me asking for info about it

Edit:Ok they said you can bring a wireless connector OR a link cable and the rest they said i said already but they said nothing about if you have emerald they give you a old sea chart

Does anyone know how to get the email address for the people who make these events possible so i can ask them?

mewsbuddy
22nd August 2006, 10:25 PM
so we need to bring a link cable?

Moeteimasu Umi
22nd August 2006, 10:27 PM
so we need to bring a link cable?

they said CAN they didnt say you have to but i dont know if you do or not X_X

Kosmo
22nd August 2006, 10:30 PM

So I would think this pretty much confirms it. I'm gonna call a few ToyRUs' around my area too and try to find out more info.

Moeteimasu Umi
22nd August 2006, 10:33 PM
Does anyone know nintindoes email so i can ask them specific qeustions??

4 8 15 16 23 42
22nd August 2006, 10:33 PM
I think that the mew will be at a high level because they said that it will be fully EV trained, and what's the point of having a fully EV trained pokemon thats on a low level?

DarkSpectrum
22nd August 2006, 10:34 PM
im gonna call the one near me asking for info about it

Edit:Ok they said you can bring a wireless connector OR a link cable and the rest they said i said already but they said nothing about if you have emerald they give you a old sea chart

Does anyone know how to get the email address for the people who make these events possible so i can ask them?

I already emailed toys'r'us and the response i got was that he didn't know anything about it.

mewsbuddy
22nd August 2006, 10:36 PM
maybe because that one isnt participating.

Moeteimasu Umi
22nd August 2006, 10:38 PM
the nintindo website has nothing about this or there email adress X_X i just we have to wait and see and i call a toys r us near me(not as close as the other one i called)they never heard of mew X_X

chrombot
22nd August 2006, 10:43 PM
maybe because that one isnt participating.

Toys R us stores dont have store specific e-mail addresses, he was e-mailing toysrus the company.

Moeteimasu Umi
22nd August 2006, 10:46 PM
Toys R us stores dont have store specific e-mail addresses, he was e-mailing toysrus the company.

thats where you are wrong the toys r us near me has a email adress of ToysRus@comp.com/Cuyahoga Falls

(I dont know if i remembered the COmP part right but i know it stared with a C)

mewsbuddy
22nd August 2006, 10:47 PM

offtopic you calling me a liar.
ontopic: im calling toys r us right now

Kosmo
22nd August 2006, 10:49 PM
Does anyone know nintindoes email so i can ask them specific qeustions??

There is a page to contact Nintendo here. (http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/admform.jsp)

I emailed them as well. There's a pretty good chance they won't have any info.

CharZard
22nd August 2006, 10:51 PM
I'll be back at school on the 30th, so I had to call ahead to find out whether this even would occur at the Toys R' Us just off campus. It turns out they are, and considering it's a college campus and it's on a Saturday, I don't expect to run into any lines or problems getting my Mew.

Moeteimasu Umi
22nd August 2006, 10:58 PM
THANK YOU!
Thank you for your email. Your message has been forwarded to a Nintendo of America
Customer Service Representative. We will make every effort to get back to you as soon
as possible. We are generally able to respond to email within 24 hours or less.

If your email account has a restriction for SPAM, please update your account
to accept email from registration@noa.nintendo.com.

Go to:
Customer Service Start Page
Nintendo Home Page

Proof i sent them a email

I asked about 8 qeustions so if they awnser we get news!

mewsbuddy
22nd August 2006, 10:59 PM
what were they
EDIT: NEW RANK!!!!

CharZard
22nd August 2006, 11:03 PM
THANK YOU!
Thank you for your email. Your message has been forwarded to a Nintendo of America
Customer Service Representative. We will make every effort to get back to you as soon
as possible. We are generally able to respond to email within 24 hours or less.

If your email account has a restriction for SPAM, please update your account
to accept email from registration@noa.nintendo.com.

Go to:
Customer Service Start Page
Nintendo Home Page

Proof i sent them a email

I asked about 8 qeustions so if they awnser we get news!

Don't count on anything great. They generally just send auto-responses and whatnot. Something along the lines of "We have no plans for..." or "We do not plan to release information on... at this time."

trumpet_crobat
22nd August 2006, 11:17 PM
so which toys r us are you guys going to im going to the one in tacoma or tukwila

chrombot
22nd August 2006, 11:17 PM
offtopic you calling me a liar.
ontopic: im calling toys r us right now

what the...? I called you a liar? Only if you're saying Toys R Us stores each have a store specific e-mail, which it didn't look like you were. They may have one for the employees sending for sending information to the stores, but there isn't one for inquiring about that store, that would require people reading and replying to them, they dont do that, their employees are busy doing other things.

mewsbuddy
22nd August 2006, 11:37 PM
what are you guys gonna use mew for im going to train it so it can destroy my friends pokemon.

♪Crystal Mew♪
23rd August 2006, 12:24 AM
@mewsbuddy

mew isn't that great a battler... granted it can learn a crap load of moves... but still it gets owned by a lot of stuff...

btw whoever contacted noa... good luck getting a response... they usually don't tell you anything anyways...

dpfinest
23rd August 2006, 12:33 AM
@mewsbuddy

mew isn't that great a battler... granted it can learn a crap load of moves... but still it gets owned by a lot of stuff...

btw whoever contacted noa... good luck getting a response... they usually don't tell you anything anyways...

i sent them an email yesterday...and they sent me back one today...here it is:

Message(#6851-000515-5843\5155843)

Hello,

To our knowledge there has been no announcement concerning Mew downloads, in
either Canada or the United States. Could you share where you learned about
this?

Sincerely,
Nintendo of America Inc.
David Marshall

Nintendo's home page: http://www.nintendo.com/
Power Line (Automated Product Info): (425) 885-7529

and here is what i sent him first:

In the US, on sept. 30th mew will be given out at participating ToyRUs
locations. I was wondering if any locations in Canada(specifically Toronto) will
be doing this as well. Thank you in advance for the info

chrombot
23rd August 2006, 12:35 AM
@mewsbuddy

Base 100 HP, DEF and Sp.DEF would disagree with you.