PDA

View Full Version : Discussion thread for CAVD School of Magic

VampirateMace
20th August 2006, 5:39 AM
Discussion thread for CAVD School of Magic

Okay, hereís where you can ask questions and get answers so they donít have to go on the game thread of CAVD. This is not a chat thread.

Iíll try to post any significant plot points here:

Significant Known Staff/Robots:
Headmaster-Torm, Gate Guard- MightOx the Troll, Zoo owner- Mr. Goldenscale, Dafi-Lore head- Prof. Garnet

If any significant non-plot facts come up Iíll add them to the following glossary:

Dorms:

Clearheart dorms are located in the north tower near the main entrance to the school. They have large lavish rooms with canopy beds and vanities for just a two or three student. These rooms have fantastic views of the sea and surrounding areas.

Aguaspell dorms are located in one of the porthole dungeons; these students often get fantastic viewing of whales and other passing sea life. The rooms are of decent size and house four or five students. There is also a large study room.

Vamtorat dorms are located in the schoolís attic. They are two large rooms with relatively no windows, one for boys and one for girls. Due to overcrowding and overheating these dorms have abandon beds in favor of hammocks, the floors are covered in studentís bags and trunks.

Dafi-Lore dorms are located in the deepest dungeon. These rooms have no windows or portholes, and are dimly lit. Their rooms vary in size and number of student. They are also the only dorm with a no non-house member visitor policy.

Founders:

Ren-Jen Dafi-Lore: Aside from being an accomplished sailor, Ren was quite skilled at brewing potions and making wands. He set off in a Chinese junk to find a location to build a grand school. It is rumored he also was into dark arts. The Dafi-Lore dorms are very secretive adding to this rumor.

R. J. Augaspell: R. J. was a recluse living in a shack on a cliff near the sea, not much is know about him except that he was a spell caster who loved to read and watch whales. Therefore the Aguaspell dorms have a lovely view of sea life.

Vam Torat: Vam was a lazy half-vampire shaman and R. J. Augaspellís nearest neighbor. Being to lazy to build a shack she lived in a nearby cave. It is rumored that she is the only person R. J. truly tolerated. The state of the Vamtorat dorms testifies to her poor planning.

Clearheart: Was a pampered son of a big business man. His father taught him a love of luxury that can still be seen in the dorms today. Clearheart was an elemental wizard, his strongest power being water.

Mimis berry:

The Mimis Berry is Red with black spots; it grows on a bush similar to a huckleberry. Its effects are quite odd and vary with the person who eats it. Some people have noticed changes in powers or personality. There are even documented cases of non-magical people gaining magical powers. The riper the berry the more likely the effects are to be permanent.

Sneaky
21st August 2006, 12:14 PM
The RPG is going a bit slow, don't you think? Haha.

Anyways, here's a question, how will the Mimis Berry play into the RPG?

VampirateMace
21st August 2006, 6:33 PM
Heehee, however we want them to... the berries grow in the area and can change a person short term or long term... it could be a simple as a dare or complex as their juice in the water supply... you might slip one into the drink/meal of someone you don't get along with in hopes it'll change their personality... they can also turn regular people into witches, we may find that's how some people got in to the school in the frist place.

The story will pick up as people get the hang of it, they shouldn't need me as a guide any more.

Musical Mayhem
21st August 2006, 7:39 PM
Since I"m the only person in Dafi-Lore, can I make myself some NPC friends/enemies?

VampirateMace
21st August 2006, 7:44 PM
Of course you can, anyone can make up as many bots as they require... and if someone qualified signs up we may get more real Dafi-lores as well...

The Burnt Shadow
21st August 2006, 7:55 PM
Okay, I know I haven't actually posted anything in the RPG, but I have to sadly quit. I'm pretty busy with school and there's about two subjects or more, I think I need to work on a lot. Really sorry, about this...

Musical Mayhem
21st August 2006, 7:59 PM
Is there a particular place that the Dafi-Lore dorms are? Or shoudl I just make one up?

VampirateMace
22nd August 2006, 6:20 AM
Yes the Dafi-Lore dorms are in the deepest darkest dungeon... says so on the sign up thread...

Literate
22nd August 2006, 6:48 AM
Well, right now, I'm kind of at a lost of what to do. x.X Dorms, yes, so, is there supposed to be any one in the Vamtorat Dorm, or is it ALWAYS crowded.

I mean, is it specifically empty at this time, or is it still full of other NPCs?

~Literate

VampirateMace
22nd August 2006, 6:51 AM
Crowding comes and goes with classes, so they are probably crowded now... But space there is limited, that's what I mean by overcrowding, they couldn't fit in a real bed for everyone.

flygonrulz
22nd August 2006, 3:44 PM
what class do we have first? Why don't you put a scedule up here.

Rayn
22nd August 2006, 4:16 PM
I just made a class up...Is that ok? I don't want to be in a class that doesn't exist.

VampirateMace
22nd August 2006, 5:27 PM
Everyone has the privilage of designing their own schedules... If that's too hard I could post a scedule for each house, but I imagine you all together could be more creative than just me.

Rayn
22nd August 2006, 8:25 PM
Cool! Now it's time to think of some classes...

Literate
22nd August 2006, 9:09 PM
I'm not creative at all. >< I have absolutely no idea what Spirit Magic practicing does at all.

So would you tell me, at least, which class could I do?

~Literate

Rayn
23rd August 2006, 4:07 PM
I just thought of something...

We don't know how many classes are in a day...That's pretty important information. Someone could just go to one class and then go to bed, and someone could go to 12 classes and still not be done. I think it would be usefull to know how many classes are in a day so people don't think up of too many or too little of classes to go to.

Thats pretty much all I really want to know.

Musical Mayhem
23rd August 2006, 7:05 PM
Do the students have normal classes like Algebra and Spanish or French as well as thier magic classes?

Canis Lupus
23rd August 2006, 10:41 PM
I'm having a hard time thinking of classes, so could you post some suggestions for me?

VampirateMace
24th August 2006, 6:51 AM
okay number of classes... well I suppose that's somewhat house dependent... so ... Aguaspell will have aout 9, Vamtorat about 3, and Dafi-Lore and Clearheart would have about 6.

Charmed, only if you want to take them... they'd be advanced versions of those classes for wizards...

Class Suggestions:
Vamtorat: Paper Magic, Necromancy, Divinivation
Dafi-Lore: Potions, Wand Making
Clearheart: Elemental Experimentation,
Aguaspell: Spelling, Wand/Staff Care

Rayn
24th August 2006, 3:46 PM
Thank you! That really clears things up for me. And the class sugestions are good too.

flygonrulz
24th August 2006, 6:44 PM
I'll have the suggested one next if that's possible. but for now I'm in a healing class.

Sneaky
25th August 2006, 2:49 PM
Well, since everyone is so unimaginative, I'll be kind to add a bit more subjects that you may take up. (Whether you choose to follow these is entirely up to you)

Clearheart:
Elemental Magic - The study of your elemental power. In this class, you experiment with your elemental powers, be it offensive or defensive spells or neither (Neither, eg. creating songs with wind magic, art with water magic, sculpting statues with rock, etc.) This class is the bulk of Clearheart students' subjects.

Study of Water - Seeing as how Clearheart's elemental specialty was water, perhaps his students should also look into his abilities? Sure, it sounds boring and has nothing to do with training your element. But hey, every school has a subject to dislike :)

Clearheart Training Session - Not to be confused with the Elemental Magic class, Training Session allows students to pit themselves against a training dummy as practice. When done, flaws and mistakes will be pointed out to improve on the students' techniques.

Mathematics - Haha, okay, maybe this class isn't a very good idea either. Clearheart, being the son of a wealthy businessman, studied mathemtics which aided him in managing his father's finances. Furthermore, Mathematics is an important universal subject that ought to be taught. Includes slight amounts of Physics as well.

Okay, so maybe I haven't got very good ideas for Clearheart, it does seem limited to Elemental magic... Anyways, onto Aguaspell.

Aguaspell:
Wand/Staff Care - Wand or staff is an essential to any student of Aguaspell. Learning to care for your wand or staff will better your attitude towards witching and possibly your witching capabilities as well. This class also includes the teachings of proper wand and staff movements that help to cast spells.

Study of Sea Life - R.J. Aguaspell loved to watch the whales. This could be a reason for the study of sea life. Different from Study of Water in Clearheart, Study of Sea Life focuses more on the creatures that inhabit the sea, not only whales, but various fishes and perhaps, even the mystical Lochness Monster.

Aguaspell Training Session - Improving the abilities and strengths of your wand or staff is one of the key ways to improve your witching power. This goes about training to strengthen the power of your wand, in turn, strengthening the power of your spells. Training includes casting spells on a training dummy repeatedly to improve on the technique. Similar to Clearheart's Training Session.

English - R.J. Aguaspell loved to read too. In English class, students will study the language and vocabulary of not only humans but witching vocabulary as well. There will be reading periods and occasional spelling tests.

Okay... perhaps not very good either. It's time things got interesting.

Vamtorat:
Study of the Supernatural - In this class, students will study of supernatural beings such as vampires, werewolves, spirits, the undead, etc. Students will learn about their characteristics, habitats, learning to communicate with spirits, blah blah blah, of the sort. Vampires, however, will be more taught on as Vam Torat herself was a vampire.

Raising the Dead - Students will learn to raise the dead, even if it isn't your speciality. Although, students who specialize in raising the dead will only be more talented than the others. When successful, students will learn how to make their undead beings more powerful.

Divination - Divination is a form of magic. Students will learn to tell the future, beginning with dreams or actions that a person has done. When more adept at divination, students will be able to tell the future without any help and will be more accurate.

Paper Magic - If unable to raise dead beings to your assistance, one can always create entities made of paper. Entities start with an irregular structure, slowly moving on to humanoids shapes and beasts. When stronger in this subject, the entities will naturally be more powerful and the paper will be more stable.

Dafi-lore:
Sailing - Ren-Jen Dafi-Lore was an accomplished sailor and he wished his students to follow in his footsteps. This class consists of basic sailing courses so that the students will definitely know how to sail a boat or ship.

Potions - The main subject of the Dafi-Lore house. Several recipes for concocting potions will be learned in this class. The potions range from love potions to deadly poisons.

Wand making - Ren-Jen Dafi-Lore, being a wand maker, passed on this ability to be learnt by the future generation. Wand making is a complicated process which involves combining various raw materials together to form a wand. Anyone adept at potion making should be quite skilled in this subject as well as wand making involves a similar process as potion making.

Well, that's all, I'm out of ideas. And Vampirate Mace, do try to advance the plot a little, I don't suppose we can be studying all day? ;)

VampirateMace
25th August 2006, 8:31 PM
Good, Thank you, Sneaky, um... Vam Torat however was not a vampire, she was only half vampire; a dampirane.

It's everyone's job to advance the plot, it's not mine alone. I'll try and post agian tonight, but for right now I have to log off.

~*Nobody*~
26th August 2006, 6:35 AM
Ok just wondering, but I've seen alot of people talking to their pets. Can everyone do that?

VampirateMace
26th August 2006, 6:51 AM
No, some have the ability to talk to animals, other's pets have the ability to talk. It's an individual thing. While my character 'talks' to his pet, they don't understand each other, he's just a regular monkey.

Musical Mayhem
27th August 2006, 2:33 AM
Ok just wondering, but I've seen alot of people talking to their pets. Can everyone do that?

The only reason I can understand them is because my character's ability is to speak and transform into animals. Making me one of two or three Dafi-Lores. I feel soooo lonely! Speaking of which, I changed my Alg period to third, so I could interact with most of the other players, who stuck themselves in third period algebra.

VampirateMace
27th August 2006, 6:36 AM
Fine, I never specified if we were on a program where the sceduals were the same all the time, change between every other day or change everyday... acturally I don't really care... the last does sound more magical.

Sneaky
30th August 2006, 2:05 PM
Um... From what I've seen from the RPG, players have been posting VERY short posts and seem to be more on chatting and interacting with each other rather than role-playing or advancing the plot. Please people, do try to improve on the quality of your posts...

Akaba
30th August 2006, 2:09 PM
Um... From what I've seen from the RPG, players have been posting VERY short posts and seem to be more on chatting and interacting with each other rather than role-playing or advancing the plot. Please people, do try to improve on the quality of your posts...

Wait, so if I want, I can go off and just write a whole storyline with OC's and such by myself?

Oh - okay, I feel like a dolt now.

Sneaky
30th August 2006, 2:15 PM
No... What I mean by my previous posts is that, just try to make your posts longer and more descriptive. And because most of you players seem to be chatting with each other, that makes your posts really short.

Well, by advancing the plot, you could do little things building from an already existing plot. For example, the Aguaspell student who died.

Akaba
30th August 2006, 2:39 PM
Ah, okay - I mean, I can write 2,000 word responses and build a fan-fic type story, but I usually interact rp more than two or so posts a day, build and get into a high-point in the plot.

I don't think my posts are that short, but I could easily make them longer if I build off my story.

Will do.

Musical Mayhem
30th August 2006, 3:18 PM
No... What I mean by my previous posts is that, just try to make your posts longer and more descriptive. And because most of you players seem to be chatting with each other, that makes your posts really short.

Well, by advancing the plot, you could do little things building from an already existing plot. For example, the Aguaspell student who died.

I was gonna work on that, that's where I was going with the whole whale thing. I don't have very much time to do so every day, so sometimes my short posts are simply becuase I am time-crunched. Sorry 'bout that. I will work on it.

VampirateMace
30th August 2006, 8:52 PM
Yes, if you notice I am not posting, it's because posting would not advance the plot or I don't have enough to write. The whale thing could make a very intresting little adventure for those who can talk to animals... um, as far as the time line is concerned, if charcter's time gets a little out of sync it's ok, just don't skip to three month later while everyone else is in wk 1.