PDA

View Full Version : Official Family Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Wolf Goddess
27th May 2004, 7:00 AM
Here's a semi-official parents thread. I call it semi, because a mod didn't make it. So, discuss who you think is (insert charactor's name here's) parent. Gary, Misty, Ash, ect. I hope this will clean things up and we won't have a thread for each charactor.

I think Ash's parent is Ho-oh. Not his dad, his parent. I think that Ho-oh had a baby, and had to hid it from poachers. So, it hid it in human care. It switched its baby with Delia's real one after making its baby look like a human.

Meh, I have a big imagination. But, its probably more exciting than what a writer could come up with. :D

Moo
27th May 2004, 7:03 AM
Heh in a way that would explain why we see Ho-Oh in the first Episode (was first right?) but most things are better left unsolved

Wolf Goddess
27th May 2004, 7:06 AM
Actually, it'd explain a few things. Why Ho-oh seems to be following Ash, and why Suicune saved Ash from getting hurt twice. I think that as soon as Ho-oh knew its baby was heading for Hoenn, it went and flew over there.

Moo
27th May 2004, 7:12 AM
I neglected to mention that Brock's father Is flint (american name) and Mother is (misuho) or at least thats what it says in Serebii's Special Synopsis
Ash's Mother is (Delia) Father is something we probably will never learn same with Misty
May (Normon) (Carolyn) last name is unknown as Far as Anime

Acheront
27th May 2004, 7:55 AM
WHAT IF:

Richie and Ash are long lost brothers or twins, or even related like cousins?

WHAT IF:
Ho-oh was a mysterious sacred guardian of the Ketchum family/generations, and that Ho-oh is now on a mission to protect Ash, and Ash's son when Ash dies.

Fizban
27th May 2004, 8:08 AM
Jessie's mother was an agent in Team Rocket who disappeared while searching for Mew. I'm pretty sure her father hasn't been mentioned thus yet.

Giovanni's mom was the former leader of Team Rocket. All fear Momma Gio!

I also have a theory regarding Ash's relationship with Ho-oh. This gets a little bizarre, so try to follow along.

I think that Pikachu died while saving Ash from all those Spearow way back in episode one. Ho-oh, touched by this pokemon's willingness to give up it's own life to protect a human, used some of it's power to bring the little rodent back to life. Ho-oh put a little of itself into Pikachu, in the hopes that he and Ash would be able to help others come closer to their pokemon. This is why Ash-tachi is always finding themselves meeting up with people who are in need of help. It also is why rare pokemon, such as Suicune, tend to be drawn to his little group.

Pikachu is kind of like a legendary pokemon @_@

Caz
27th May 2004, 8:08 AM
As I have said on amother thread I believe that Norman is Ash's fathers. Here are the facts that lead me to believe this:

1. If you look at Ash, May and Max they are both likely to working in the three main areas of pokemon, either training to become a Gym Leader of Pokemon master, breeding pokemon to their best ability or studying pokemon. With Ash you can see that he would be perfect as a Gym leader in around 5 or 6 years, with May she is obviously training for pokemon contests which involves training her pokemon to the best of their ability, like a breeder. Finally with Max he is a expert of pokemon and would probably follow in the footsteps of Gary Oak in terms of starting of as a trainer, collecting badges, but then moving on into the field of studying pokemon. So with Ash, May and Max they all are concerned with the three main areas of pokemon, coincident, I don't think so. Ash is obviously Norman son.

2. It would explain why Norman (if he is Ash's father) never return back to Pallet Town, as after leaving Deliah he travelled around and meet Caroline and married her.

3. If you look at the age difference between Ash and May you could say that it was about 3 or 4 years. If Norman left Deliah when Ash was just born, by the time he had travelled around, met Caroline, married her, and had May it would most likely have been 3 or 4 years. If it took Norman 2 years of travelling, around other places before Houen, then met Caroline and after a year got married, then about a year for May to be born then it would tie in with perfectly from the time Ash's father left. Again another point backing up my theory.

4. If Norman was Ash's father and, like in my previous point he left when Ash was young, it would explain why Ash wouldn't recognise him and visa versa.

5. It would explain where Ash gets his rare abilities from, seeing as Norman is a Gym Leader he does need to be a good trainer.

6. Norman battle strategy is a lot like Ash when he started off, he relys on winning with brut strength and power. This is how Ash used to battle as he also relied on his pokemon using powerful attacks to help him win.

So this is why I think Norman is Ash's father. I could go into more detail with some of my points but you would probably get bored of reading it.

Crystal Latios
27th May 2004, 8:11 AM
Oh uh, this topic again =/ Parents, parents, parents... Okay, now it will be sticky.

*stickes*

Ororo Munroe
27th May 2004, 1:27 PM
Ash: His mom is Delia and all we know about his dad is that it took him four days to get to Viridian City from Pallet (I don't know if that's in the original though). I think that his dad is just a Pokemon trainer and he's travelling around like Ash.

Misty: I think her parents are dead.

Brock: Flint is his dad. In the Japanese version, Mizuho is his mom but in the dubbed version, she's his dad's girlfriend and his mom is dead. I think of her as his mom.

Tracey: No idea. We know nothing about Tracey's past so it's kind of hard to determine. :/

Gary: I think his parents are dead and Professor Oak is his guardian.

Jessie: Her mom is Miyamoto and I don't know who her dad is.

James: His parents are those people in that huge mansion he grew up in.

Giovanni: His mom is Madame Boss and I don't know about his dad.

May and Max: Their dad is Norman and their mom is Caroline.

Ninetales Lover
27th May 2004, 2:49 PM
Ash: His mom is Delia and all we know about his dad is that it took him four days to get to Viridian City from Pallet (I don't know if that's in the original though). I think that his dad is just a Pokemon trainer and he's travelling around like Ash.

I've asked this question before, and I believe the answer I got was that it was in the original.

Spike
28th May 2004, 5:25 AM
Nobody's suggested Prof. Oak as Ash's father? Then take a look at this http://www.geocities.com/eldershipper/pic.html (Sorry I can't figure out how to do links) It's kinda weird.. Well anyways Professor Oak is the person who makes most sence in my opinion. He lives in the same town as Delia, they constantly appear in the same place, and as a kid he sorta looked like Ash.

Wolf Goddess
28th May 2004, 5:45 AM
Anybody could transform somebody with a computer like that. Besides, Prof. Oak is at least 50, probably 53 or so. Besides, in that picture, they made Ash look more like Prof. Oak in the beginning pic.

Originally posted by Spike
He lives in the same town as Delia, they constantly appear in the same place

They could be good freinds. Besides, if your thinking just because they live in the same town, that'd mean anybody in that town couold be Ash's dad. And, even if they do like eachother, doesn't mean that he's Ash's dad. Ever hear of a devorce?

Haunter
28th May 2004, 5:45 AM
Nobody's suggested Prof. Oak as Ash's father? Then take a look at this http://www.geocities.com/eldershipper/pic.html (Sorry I can't figure out how to do links) It's kinda weird.. Well anyways Professor Oak is the person who makes most sence in my opinion. He lives in the same town as Delia, they constantly appear in the same place, and as a kid he sorta looked like Ash.

Cause Ash will be Garys Uncle or Dad.

Chaos Dragon
30th May 2004, 12:05 AM
On one site i thought i heard miyamoto is rumored to be misty's mom. also it is rumor that miyamoto is still alive and is prima/lorelei. whata if the team aqua boss was misty's dad. Both of them use water pokemon some they could be misty's parent's. i mean her sisters have water pokemon.

Also for some reson it looked like namba wanted ash dead. maybe he wants to take revange on giovanni's family. becuse giovanni fired him.

Fizban
30th May 2004, 12:38 AM
There was one rumor about Misty's mother that I found pretty disturbing. Some think that Mizuho (Brock's mother) is also the mother of the four sisters from Cerulean city. If you look at the age differences, their mothers would never be pregnant at the same time. It also would account for why Misty looks more like Mizuho than Brock (or any of his siblings), and where Misty and her sisters get their love of water pokemon from.

I don't know that I like this rumor much. It's weird enough that she had ten kids. Fourteen... yikes.

Lady Dragonrider
30th May 2004, 5:37 AM
*sighs* The darn thing had to log me off. And I had a nice and neat essay all written out, too. *Kicks bro's computer* Okay, this time I’m typing on word, then pasting it here. EDIT: And it’s a good thing I did – the darn thing logged me out AGAIN.

For some reason, I love responding to posts like these. And while I’m at it, I’ll make up middle and last names for everyone, too. Just for fun. :D

Asher “Ash” Red Ketchum:Okay, I know how much I denounce people who actually believe this, but I don't actually believe this, this is just one of my overly-organized imaginings. Perhaps Giovanni. Goes with my other two theories on Tracey's and Misty's parents (see below). I think Ash's parent might be Ho-oh. However, I think my theory is a little different than most people. You see, I don't think Ho-oh went and seduced Delia (which would be quite out-of-character for a bird who doesn't like people, and besides, I think Ho-oh's female) or turned Ash into a human to hide it or anything like that. I think some evil scientist found Ho-oh’s DNA and decided to create a superhuman using it. Obviously, it didn’t work, so s/he tried to terminate Ash. Delia – either an agent for the government, the woman who carried Ash, or one of the scientists who created him (I think Delia’s a bit smarter than she leads on) – took pity on Ash, rescued him, took him to a safer location where the evil scientist couldn’t find him, and raised him as her own son. Okay, I know that’s even less credible than the Giovanni theory, but like I said, I’m just having fun here. Or maybe the best of both worlds. Maybe Giovanni wanted his son to be a super agent for Team Rocket, so he injected him with Ho-oh’s DNA. It didn’t work, Delia finally sees her husband for the monster he really is, and the rest is like my second theory. Realistically, however, I think Ash’s father is just some random trainer (or someone else with an ordinary connection to pokémon) who either a) died when Ash’ was young, or b) simply hasn’t been introduced yet.Oh, heck, while I’m at it, I might as well explain my other theories of Ash’s relations, too. Hehe…I’m having way too much fun. :pSpencer Hale is Delia’s brother, thus making Spencer Ash’s uncle and Molly his cousin. Ritchie is the son of one of Delia’s other siblings. Ash and Gary are step brothers. I had an explanation to how that’s possible, but I can’t remember it at this moment. Kenta (whom some people are now calling Yoshi) is Ash’s cousin.

Brock Stonesmith:Well, obviously Flint and Mizuho (whom for some reason I call Gina). Enough said.

Misty Marine:Joy and Archie. Hey, Archie loves water pokémon and Joy would explain the red hair. And besides, who says all females in the Joy family had to look like that? My theory is that Joy passed away and once Archie was discovered to be a criminal, he fled, leaving Misty and her sisters to defend the gym and fend for themselves. Misty had to be raised by three cruel older sisters without loving parents, which explains why she’s so angsty. Realistic theory – they’re just dead. No madmen or criminals, but maybe water pokémon enthusiasts.

May Sapphire Anderson:Well, Norman and Caroline, obviously. Their family is so perfect (obnoxiously so, IMO), I doubt May is adopted. Again, I also have one other relation worked out for her – she used to be best friends with Marina (aka Dani) before she moved to Johto. There aren’t any contests in Johto, and maybe Marina wanted to be a coordinator, which explains why she wants so much to be an “idol trainer”.

Maximus “Max” Anderson:See above.

Tracey Sketchit:Jenny and Maxie. Fits Ash and Misty theories. Realistically, I think he just has a normal family. He’s a grown boy by the pokémon world society’s standards; he doesn’t need to live with them any more. We’ve never seen him call them or anything, but we don’t see Ash calling his mother very often, either.

Jessica “Jessie” Adams:Miyamoto (whom I’ve named Marissa) from the CD Drama (or whatever it’s called). Her father – who knows. Probably a deadbeat like Brock’s parents.

James Goldfield:We’ve seen the psychotic creatures known as his parents before. I don’t really think I need to explain. I’ve named the mother Charisse (means “kindness”) and the father Gareth (means “gentle”).

Ororo Munroe
30th May 2004, 6:09 AM
Spencer Hale is Delia’s sister

CD Drama (or whatever it’s called)
You might want to change sister to brother. o.o;;; And you're correct about what the CD Drama is called. ^_^

Chaos Dragon
30th May 2004, 5:23 PM
Maybe Richie's dad is giovannai. here is why he can tell if someone is part of team rocket and he also found about namba's base when they did not even find yet.

PlusleMinun
31st May 2004, 5:28 AM
I thought Miyamato was Jessie's Japanese name, so y would that be her mother's name? and wats this Cd Drama? Since when did Mizuho appear in the English version and how do u know Gio's mom was the old owner of TR?

RocketJess
31st May 2004, 11:05 AM
Jessie's Japanese name is Musashi. And Gio's mother is mentioned in one of the CD dramas, the same one that Miyamoto appears in.

As to the Mizuho-is-Misty's-mum theory, that couldn't work unless it was really screwed up, because Brock is older than Misty...

Ororo Munroe
31st May 2004, 12:31 PM
I thought Miyamato was Jessie's Japanese name, so y would that be her mother's name? and wats this Cd Drama? Since when did Mizuho appear in the English version and how do u know Gio's mom was the old owner of TR?
Like RosketJess said, Miyamoto and Madame Boss (Giovanni's mom) appeared in the same CD Drama. There are two CD Dramas and they're only in Japan.

*start spoiler*

Mizuho is from the Hoso episode set at Pewter Gym.

*end spoiler*

Splat
1st June 2004, 12:31 AM
Hmm...I've been gone a few days...oh look, smilies!

I lurrrve threads like these. I shall post mucho times in here.

BEWARE of shameless plug fanfiction allusions. =)

Ash: I think his dad...dun dun dun...is just some random dude. A bit of a lowlife. Not from Pallet Town, just some drifter. I never really thought up a name for him. He married Delia, they had Ash, and they separated a few years later but never officially divorced.

Misty: Ha...I don't like Misty...so I never sat around thinking about it much. =D But I think they're alive, just...somewhere.

Brock: Um...

Tracey: Theory-ness! *hiss* I think they died when he was young. About four or so. I think they were sort of rich, but not like James-parents-rich...they lived in the Orange Islands on a tiny island by themselves. Oh, and I think he has a brother too...yeah, Kenji supposedly means "second son" in Japanese, so I took it literally. :3
Actually, I sorta think it's Joshua, Birch's assistant. =O Well, he has the hair, and it'd be funny if they both had the same profession.:p

Gary: AIEEEE! *prances around* Their names are Seth and Holly. *hides*
Oak and Seth (father-son) don't get along well...at all...for reasons...and Holly was an orphan, so, um. They gave custody of Gary and his sister to Oak when Gary was a wee infant and his sister was six. They lived in Celadon for a long time until they moved to Hoenn three years ago. Yup. Oh, and Oak's wife died when Seth was thirteen. Her name was Elizabeth!
SHUT UP *takes Ritalin*

May and Max: ...

I shall leave now.

Chaos Dragon
1st June 2004, 2:35 AM
Maybe Ash could have a brother and he does not know he has one. If so could it Richie. I mean in yu-gi-oh Kaiba had a step-bro without even knowing it. So ash could have brother or step-bro. I mean what if tr killed someones parents and ash's dad look after him or what if ash's dad was the boss of tr that looked after ash's step-bro.

Heracross
1st June 2004, 2:41 AM
I think the reason why Ho-oh follows Ash around is because it knows that Ash is the "chosen one" (you know, like in the second movie). He is the chosen one even beyond the second movie because he has been involved with legendary pokémon on so many occasions, which is unheard-of for any normal person. Ho-oh can see that Ash has unusual abilities with pokémon and that he likes them very much. So I think that that is the reason it watches over Ash, not that it is because it is his father. Although Fizban's theory makes sence too, it's another explanation of why it follows Ash and also why pikachu is so strong.

On topic: It would make sence if Giovanni was Ash's father. I think there is somewhere where it says Ash's mom used to hang around with the bad crowd (I really can't remember where I heard this, could some one help me out?). Anyway, he and Delia seperate, and she has his child. This could explain why Giovanni allows Jessie and James to follow Ash around, despite their horrible record. He knows that they could not actually cause any harm to Ash as he is a very capable trainer, so he lets them follow him, to kind of watch out for him and see how he is doing. The problem with this theory is that I don't think Delia would talk about Ash's dad with such effection if his dad was Giovanni and she knew he was evil. So I think Ash's dad is just some trainer who is out there somewhere in the vast pokémon world, we just haven't seen him because he never happens to be in the same place as Ash. Perhaps he failed at pokémon training and was too ashamed to show his face again, like Brock's father, but I like to think that he is a very accomplished trainer like Ash.

Misty's parents are probably dead, as many many people have said. They died, leaving Misty and her sisters to run the gym and leaving Misty in her sisters' care.

Brock's mom probably just died after his father left to bacome a pokémon trainer, leaving him to take care of all his siblings.

Jessie's dad was probably some dead beat, or else he died very early in Jessie's life and she can't remember anything about him. Either that, or she had a normal familly and she just never had a flashback about her father. It's weird that her mother died looking for Mew, because she talked about her before, in "Snow Way Out" I think. Maybe her mother died some time after that flashback.

Gary's parents probably died (there's a lot of dyeing here isn't there :p) leaving him in the care of his grandfather, Professor Oak. Simple

Tracey ??? We will never know.

The rest are self-explanatory May, Max, and James's families are all featured in the animé

Zoramon089
1st June 2004, 9:20 PM
Misty's parents are probably dead, as many many people have said. They died, leaving Misty and her sisters to run the gym and leaving Misty in her sisters' care.

About this. I think they died before Misty was born but after he sisters were. That would explain why they all had those Pokemon doll sets and she didn't. They might not even be dead but lost at sea, that's why she wants to be a good water trainer so she can go find them.

The problem with this theory is that I don't think Delia would talk about Ash's dad with such effection if his dad was Giovanni and she knew he was evil.

I don't think he's evil, just misunderstoond. Not meaning to sound corny. I think that's why she fell for him in the first place.

Brock's mom probably just died after his father left to bacome a pokémon trainer, leaving him to take care of all his siblings.

*SPOILERS*
-
-
-
-
-
-
Brocks mom is still alive. She also likes water pokemon, opposite of Brock

Wolf Goddess
2nd June 2004, 5:36 AM
Originally posted by Heracross
On topic: It would make sence if Giovanni was Ash's father. I think there is somewhere where it says Ash's mom used to hang around with the bad crowd (I really can't remember where I heard this, could some one help me out?). Anyway, he and Delia seperate, and she has his child. This could explain why Giovanni allows Jessie and James to follow Ash around, despite their horrible record. He knows that they could not actually cause any harm to Ash as he is a very capable trainer, so he lets them follow him, to kind of watch out for him and see how he is doing. The problem with this theory is that I don't think Delia would talk about Ash's dad with such effection if his dad was Giovanni and she knew he was evil.

That was in Pokemon Live, which had absolutly nothing to do with the actual writers. Besides, what makes you think she would know Gio's evil?

Heracross
2nd June 2004, 7:27 PM
Well, I'm assuming that if he was Ash's father then the reason why he and Delia seperated is because he became too devoted to TR. If so, then she would know who he is and that he has evil intentions. Although you're right, it really doesn't relate to the animé at all.

Cloudy
2nd June 2004, 7:55 PM
For some reason I think Misty is adopted.I also think Misty hung out with her dad which I guess explains the tomboyish attitude and her sisters hung out with their mom which I think explains the girlyness about them. I pretty much think that both her parents loved water pokemon. And I also think they were assasinated by TR and before her dad died(which I guess she was 8 then) he gave her his favoritest pokemon, staryu(because she went to the store with her sisters at the time and he gave her the pokemon before they left). I also think the reason why they were killed is because her dad was the person who protected suicune and he knew were it was and also the new one to be chosen to watch over suicune and protect it but he never told them and then they killed him and his wife. The new protecter of suicune was Misty (because she loves water pokemon and her heart was pure and kind), but she doesnt know that because her dad never told her and neither does team rocket.And also wich is why Ash met suicune at times and also the reason because celebi was in danger, but thats besides the fact of my theory.But its just an idea of mine...

Token
2nd June 2004, 11:27 PM
Did anyone else notice in pokemon 4ever that the pokemon hunter at the start (not the IMM) has hair like Ash's? Also the IMM looks like the guy from the raikou special when he has his mask off. Jackson was it?

Ororo Munroe
3rd June 2004, 12:27 AM
Did anyone else notice in pokemon 4ever that the pokemon hunter at the start (not the IMM) has hair like Ash's? Also the IMM looks like the guy from the raikou special when he has his mask off. Jackson was it? ;335; ;212; ;386; ;150; ;386-d; ;000; ;386-a;
Please don't use random smilies because that's considered spam.

PlusleMinun
3rd June 2004, 3:18 AM
About this. I think they died before Misty was born but after he sisters were. That would explain why they all had those Pokemon doll sets and she didn't. They might not even be dead but lost at sea, that's why she wants to be a good water trainer so she can go find them.

Interesting theory... would u like to tell me how Misty's alive then?

On topic: I just realized Jessie's japanese name is Musashi not Miyamato so sorry for that. The parents are so mysterious. I think they should just randomly show family trees on episodes (lol) that would be weird. This thread could get so off hand that some people may start asking who the Flower Shop Sisters' parents were and people like that Professor in the Omanyte, Omastar ep.

Sammi
3rd June 2004, 3:33 AM
Okay *cracks knuckes*

Ash's father: Honestly, in the best reality, I think he is some random trainer not important enough to be shown.
I mean, there's no evidence (really) to prove anyone else is his father. I believe that him being a random trainer is the most logical and reasonable answer there is.
Wish it were Giovanni. I donno, I like the Star Wars plot twist. Either that, or I like Diamondshipping. Who knows?
*shrug*
and whoever says that Japan don't have Star Wars is in BIG trouble..

Misty's parents: Either death (when she was younger) or very possibly adoption.
Death would make more sense here, since she had to run the gym alone and it seems that she is under the rule of her sisters 24-7. I don't think that any parent would let their child be run by her older siblings, unless they were negligent (which could be a solution as well).

Brock's mother: I think enough people have stated this one.

Gary's parents: hmmmmm... something I never really thought about. I'm usually thinking about everyone else.
I think he's in the care of his grandpa, and that's it. His parents aren't around or something

Tracey's parents: er.........
I never really thought about this either...
To be honest, I haven't a clue. I can make things up though, if you REALLY want to...

Jessie's father: Another one I never thought about. *thinks*
Maybe he was part of Team Rocket and he died before she was born. *shrug*
I really have no clue here.

I think that is all. Everyone else in the main cast is obvious. :P
Bye!

Splat
3rd June 2004, 3:57 AM
Is there actually any proof that Gary lives with his grandfather?
I mean...he just drops by once in a while. That's it, really.

Wolf Goddess
3rd June 2004, 4:13 AM
Originally posted by Cloudy
I also think the reason why they were killed is because her dad was the person who protected suicune and he knew were it was and also the new one to be chosen to watch over suicune and protect it but he never told them and then they killed him and his wife. The new protecter of suicune was Misty (because she loves water pokemon and her heart was pure and kind), but she doesnt know that because her dad never told her and neither does team rocket.And also wich is why Ash met suicune at times

HER HEART IS PURE AND KIND?!?! HAHAHA! That's a laugh. She's like Olivia... Besides, Suicune is connected with Ash. It's appeared to save his butt, not hers. Look at what you said. I'll stick with the Ho-oh theory. Just something, I remember someone back saying that Ash's dad was James Potter...

Zoramon089
3rd June 2004, 8:00 PM
What I meant to say was Misty's parents died when she was too young to get a doll set and too young to remember.

Cloudy
4th June 2004, 1:34 PM
HER HEART IS PURE AND KIND?!?! HAHAHA!

meh,it just popped in my head,my ideas pretty much never make sense anyways

Nikku
6th June 2004, 3:17 AM
Fizban, I really like your theory... It would also justify TR's hunt for Pikachu. XD

Mew Guy
13th June 2004, 7:52 PM
I have a theory that Prof. Oak and Madame Boss were once an item.

She only went out with him so she could steal research papers and stuff like that from his lab.

Giovanni is their son and Gary is Giovanni's son.

TaiwaneseDude
15th June 2004, 7:01 AM
Yeah, I agree, Misty's dad could be ARchie, and Ash's dad could be Giovanni. Evil dads, huh?

Indigo
15th June 2004, 12:56 PM
I've got a new theory about Ash's father. And it's really stupid. But it's the guy you'd least expect, because you wouldn't expect him at all. It's...

...the breeding guy from "Extreme Pokémon".

Back-up info!

I think that maybe Delia got married to him, and he was very old, and they realized that it wasn't going to work. But not before they...well...you get the picture. So he set out and married a different lady, and they settled down taking care of Pokémon.

In the episode, I realized that he was looking at Ash funny A LOT, as if he meant more than just a regular boy. He watched him in the evening, and he was smiling, almost proudly. I always found that rather peculiar, and it seems so fitting that they would make it the guy you'd never suspect. But they didn't fail to leave us some foreshadowing.

You may think, "Oh great, there goes the crackpot with her Ash theories again," but this one MIGHT JUST WORK. Maybe, maybe not, but this one's another theory until the controversy comes up.

adamgnome
15th June 2004, 11:45 PM
I heard on on another forum, that Giovanni was Ash's father in the orginal Japanese version of the Animé. I'm probably way off topic and have no evidense what so ever of this...well other than Giovanni can't be home if he is running team rocket...and he is heartless and probably doesn't care about them. Not to mention the North American show may not find this suitable for children. Oh yeah Giovanni and ash both have black hair! XP I doubt it though..[cough] ;177;

Splat
18th June 2004, 8:18 PM
I heard on on another forum, that Giovanni was Ash's father in the orginal Japanese version of the Animé. I'm probably way off topic and have no evidense what so ever of this...well other than Giovanni can't be home if he is running team rocket...and he is heartless and probably doesn't care about them. Not to mention the North American show may not find this suitable for children. Oh yeah Giovanni and ash both have black hair! XP I doubt it though..[cough] ;177;
Yeah, no evidence. :) And, uh, Giovanni's hair is like a dark brown, not black.

Sigh, no one answered my question.

Is there actually any proof that Gary lives with his grandfather?
I mean...he just drops by once in a while. That's it, really.

Chaos Dragon
19th June 2004, 12:23 AM
What about Richie's parents? Could his dad be giovanni? for some reson Richie hates tr more ash. maybe tr killed his parents?

Eon
26th June 2004, 1:23 AM
What about Richie's parents? Could his dad be giovanni? for some reson Richie hates tr more ash. maybe tr killed his parents?
I actually think he's just like Ash-he knows TR are bad and they might have tried to steal his Pokemon

Steel Pikachu
1st July 2004, 5:26 PM
This may not be true and probably isn't but I might no who ash's REAL father is. I watched pokemon I choose you on DVD this morning. For those who don't know what pokemon I choose you is, it's the first episode. When ash got pikachu and was going to leave pallet town, Delia was crying. And then she said something like I can remember when your father returned from his pokemon journey. And the man standing next to her was also crying. Those were the only two people crying. I know I'm probably wrong because we never saw him at home when ash returns to pallet. Especially in the indigo league when he came home for like 5 episodes. So maybe they got a divorce when ash was a baby?

Terra
2nd July 2004, 7:13 PM
When ash got pikachu and was going to leave pallet town, Delia was crying. And then she said something like I can remember when your father returned from his pokemon journey. And the man standing next to her was also crying. Those were the only two people crying. I know I'm probably wrong because we never saw him at home when ash returns to pallet. Especially in the indigo league when he came home for like 5 episodes. So maybe they got a divorce when ash was a baby?

I looked forward this ep in SSP. Witch of those guys are you talking about?

http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/indigo/001ps1.shtml

The scenes do not show Delia neither anyone crying, but if they do, I think they was just caring about Ash, just friends and neighbors...

Wolf Goddess
3rd July 2004, 6:19 AM
It also could have been an uncle or something, if there was crying.

Steel Pikachu
3rd July 2004, 2:40 PM
You have to watch the episode to find out. When ash gets out of oak's lab with pikachu, you see a group of people cheering for ash, like the one gary had, except gary's croud has about three times the people. Anyway when delia gives ash his clothes, snacks, blankets,ect., she blabbers something like I can't believe you're finally becoming a pokemon trainer or something, and she starts sobbing. The man next to her with the flag [go ash] starts sobbing too. Delia and him were the only people crying. Like I said, it's most likely wrong.

HarrierCAS
4th July 2004, 6:56 PM
Ah, a thread about parents! Time for me to offer some takes, mainly about Ash's father.

I don't think it's Giovanni, myself. It's a distinct possibility, I know, but I think if Giovanni were really Ash's father he'd have paid a lot more direct attention to Ash over the course of the anime. It's been six seasons now, and nothing's been done to show that Giovanni has any more interest in Ash than as the owner of Pikachu.

Another possibility that's been thrown out is Lance. There is a distinct similarity between their personalities, and their opinions on Pokemon. Lance also seems to utilize Ash's principal strategy of 'the direct approach', like when he just had Dragonite Hyper Beam the evolution control ray to destroy it. However, Lance also has a few strikes against him, namely his age: he looks to be in his mid to late twenties, at most. Delia is most likely older by a good number of years... so unless Lance is older than he looks, he's probably too young to be Ash's father.

What about Bill? Something in their expressions makes them look similar... and Bill is probably the right age. And why is he just 'Bill'? No last name? Highly suspicious... maybe his last name is Ketchum? Of course, he's been living alone in a lighthouse/mansion on Cerulean Cape for who knows how long. And he is really random... but somehow, I still like to think he's connected.

Oh, and I hadn't known before that Giovanni's mother was the leader of Team Rocket. I'll tell you this much, though: the way he dresses, and runs his organization, I'm willing to bet that Giovanni's father was a Mafia man. Maybe even a don.

Splat
5th July 2004, 6:30 AM
Delia was only twenty-eight at the beginning of the series...

HarrierCAS
5th July 2004, 5:12 PM
Wait a minute; that would mean she was only 18 when Ash was born...

Wooo...

Splat
6th July 2004, 8:15 PM
Uh, yeah, that's what happened. It's not all that unbelieveable, she looks pretty young...

Ororo Munroe
8th July 2004, 4:11 PM
that would mean she was only 18 when Ash was born...
I know that Pokemon Live doesn't actually relate to the anime but according to it, Delia said she knew Giovanni and was part of his gang until she met Ash's father when she was 18. I can't remember it exactly but will look at a synopsis of it and tell you exactly what Delia said later.

Edit: I can't find it. I can't find the site the synopsis is on. Whenever I need to make a reference to that synopsis, I just go to google, type in "Pokemon Live" and the site "Team Rocket's Rockin" comes up on one of the first three pages. But it's not there or on any of the pages. Wierd. o_o

Splat
8th July 2004, 11:17 PM
I got the info from a site with links to official Japanese sites on the subject of the character's parents, but the site has shut down unfortunately. It also said that Misty's parents were alive but we don't know who they are.

Friesguy
9th July 2004, 3:28 AM
I like the idea of Lance being Ash's father. They both look very similur in a way. In a way thats all. But if Delilah was 28 at the start of the series, Lance wouldve been 25[ just a guess]Not a huge age difference. Possibly Lance was leaving Delilah for a while but trained in Blackthorne and set off. He might not remember his kid cause he might not know he has a kid.

I also think that IF[I mean IF] Gio. was Ash's dad, he wouldnt have told Delilah he was going to be the leader of TR. I know this is way off topic but, the reason Pika is so strongis because in Pewter, Ash Juiced up Pika. He mightve overloaded it. To support the 1st time TR tried to get Pika in Viridian
it was hhoked up to electricity.

Though, I wouldnt be surprised if Ash and Richie are related.

Gary, hmmm... Dead.

1 question, wheres the evidence that says Ash's Dad is still alive?

Splat
9th July 2004, 6:08 AM
By the dialogue in the second episode, I think it sounded a lot to me like the dude was alive...and why do Gary's parents always have to be dead? :( Oh yeah, and it's D-E-L-I-A. :)

I also have a theory that Ash and Gary were cousins. I think Gary's mom, who has dark hair and eyes, was an orphan, and she had a younger brother she didn't know about that was put in a separate foster home and was eventually adopted. And the brother turned out to be Ash's dad...um. O__o I got this from a few different fanfics from people who read the manga, where Nanami looks more like Ash's sister than Gary does, so they made it out to be that way, in a different sort of way. =P

Midnight
11th July 2004, 5:56 PM
Well my theory is this,

Ash-His father is a pokemon trainer that died while on his journeys.We never see him and it's as if he's dead...which I assume he is.

Misty-I think that she was adopted and her adoptive parents died which also happened to be her 'sisters' biological parents. I'm not sure why I think so though...

Brock- I never really thought about so I'm not gonna bother

Tracey- I think his moms alive and his dad is dead, although I have no explanation why.

Gary- I think his parents just died, they were probably just poke-researchers and died on a project. Which probably explains why Gary wanted to be a pokemon researcher.

Ritchie-I just think that Ash and him are cousins or half brothers.

2legendary4u
16th July 2004, 3:55 AM
Are you guys forgetting the possibility that Drake, the Orange League champ could be Ash's father? I mean their hair looks the same and I think they have a little bit of the same personality. Don't know, but it's possible.

HarrierCAS
20th July 2004, 6:47 AM
Drake is actually a good idea... he's someone unexpected, that's for sure. And my guess is that if Ash's father is alive, it will be someone unexpected.

Kusadora
27th July 2004, 11:33 PM
I believe that Ho-oh is Ash's parent, it certainly would make sense, seeing as it only appears mainly to Ash. It's a good theory. ^_~

Lamington Luffy
28th July 2004, 9:08 AM
This is my opinion but I think red is ashs dad (when he grows up of course)

But then again,Red meets Misty & oak & the other gym leaders

I think Gio is ashys dad

Ororo Munroe
28th July 2004, 9:15 AM
Are you guys forgetting the possibility that Drake, the Orange League champ could be Ash's father?
I don't think he is but I do think it would be cool if he was. ^_^

Dragon_Kitty
29th July 2004, 3:11 AM
Ash:His dad is often beleiled to be Ho-oh's Trainer. It Makes sence because all off the times Ash has seen Ho-oh. We all know who his mum is.

Pokemon Neo
29th July 2004, 12:46 PM
Ash's father? It's pretty obvious that it was the transvestite from "Pokemon Fashion Flash". XD

But seriously,I've always believed that Giovanni is Ash's dad.I think he's the best option if the writers ever decide to reveal his father and with enough effort from the writers,I think it would make a great storyline.

Anyway onto these two...

http://www.imgmag.org/images/linchpin/bashouLawIII_3.jpg

Jirarudan - Father

Bashou - Son

Geez,just look at them....

Jirarudan - multi-millionaire,entrepreneur,collector.Associates with Team Rocket.Has full access to all TR agents,scientists,technology,etc. and assisted by TR whenever Jirarudan can't *ahem* legally obtain something.In return,Jirarudan makes large contributions to the Team Rocket organization.

Bashou - born into a wealthy and highly respected family,child prodigy.His orgin is basically the same as James' minus the arranged marriage and,unlike James,was highly intelligent and highly athletic and was good at almost EVERYTHING he did.Living in the lap of luxury did not spoil Bashou either.As he got older,he found the 'rich life' to be very boring.Mountain climbing,sky diving,deep sea diving,etc. Bashou had pretty much seen and done it all and was growing restless.Later,he found out his father was in cahoots with Team Rocket.Soon after,Bashou decided to join TR.(mainly for kicks) Bashou passes all of TR's tests with flying colors and in reletively short time,he becomes one of Team Rocket's elite agents.

AshKetchum719
11th August 2004, 2:18 AM
Well, there's also that big rumor that Ash's father is Giovanni, the leader of Viridian City Gym. I mean, all we know is that he got to VIridian city, and he is alive, at least in the american version because Delia Ketchum says in the first epidsode "Oh, your father will be so proud", I mean, he's gotta be somewhere. Um, the whole Ho-oh thing is a bit odd, but I get what y'all mean, I think. Oh, and here are some of the actual last names for the english dub:
Ash Ketchum (duh! lol)
Brock Harrison
Misty Williams
Tracey Sketchit (Corny I know but it's in the 'Extreme Pokemon' book)
Todd Snapit (Gah! More bad last names!)
I used to know Jessie and James last names but I've forgotten over the years, lol. ^^;
I actually found Misty, Jessie, Brock, and James last names on Yahoo! movies when I was looking up the show time for the 5th movie, so those are them, WB! released them as such.
Gotta Go!
Ash

Tapé
11th August 2004, 7:18 AM
Oddly enough, in the Japanese versions no one has last names except the professors. If Prof. Ookido is Shigeru's grandfather on his father's side, then his last name would be Shigeru, too.

Back in the feudal days of Japan, only people who were born into a high class had surnames. Pokemon could have a system like that. Not feudalism, just the last name thing...only people from wealthy or important families have surnames. And since Pokemon is so important, well-known Pokemon researchers are probably very prestigious, maybe even wealthy, and therefore have surnames.

Now as for parents, my guess is Misty's parents are either dead or very negligent, since they've never even been mentioned, let alone seen, in the anime. I'm guessing Tracey's been alone all his life, until Prof. Oak "adopted" him as his assistant. Oh, and when he was traveling with Ash and Misty.

As for Gary, my guess is he lives alone or with his sister, if she even exists in the anime. His mother is dead and his father is Giovanni. Therefore, his grandmother must be Miyamoto. ;p I'm planning to make a fanfic out of this.

Crystal Mew
11th August 2004, 7:32 AM
Ho oh...when it comes to 14yr old Ash Ketchum, you are NOT the Father.

rofl sorry. um, I think Ash's dad is Giovanni....or prof oak *shrug*

and I dunno about misty's parents... I think they might be dead

mistyflower
16th August 2004, 8:15 AM
i thought it was cool in the 4th movie where sam was really prof oak when he was a kid. i think GIOVANNI is ash's father..

Megchan
18th August 2004, 10:31 PM
in the american version because Delia Ketchum says in the first epidsode "Oh, your father will be so proud",

I believe she says "Oh, your father WOULD be so proud". which means, Ash's dad is most likely dead. (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Off topic: The only reason leagendary Pokemon are attracted to Ash is because he has a pure heart, he feels Pokemon and humans should be friends and work together.

Tapé
19th August 2004, 5:53 AM
But she also says "You're the apple of his eye." I suppose it's possible she said "You were the apple of his eye." Who knows? It sounds the same if you say it fast.

Ororo Munroe
19th August 2004, 9:11 AM
I believe she says "Oh, your father WOULD be so proud". which means, Ash's dad is most likely dead.
Or it could mean that he was somewhere else which means Delia meant he would be proud if he was at home and knew how quickly Ash got to Viridian City. It can be interpreted either way so it doesn't necessarily mean he's dead.

Ash500
23rd August 2004, 4:35 PM
Why does everyone believe that Ash's father is Giovanni and Professor Oak just because it seems abit more obvious. Poor Ash. I hope that we never find out who his father is. If we did it might be disturbing for both Delia and Ash, because we don't really know if he is alive or just gone somewhere. Ash is the main character in all but like all other kids his parents aren't together.

articuno_1
25th August 2004, 5:55 PM
I think it's giovanni personally..left when Ash was young..and became evil and started TR(who knows)...anyway pretty sure we'll never find out..maybe the last episode Ash's dad is revealed but still i highly doubt that..it really doesnt have much significance to the plot of the anime

That Scary Clefairy
26th August 2004, 1:44 AM
Giovanni didn't start team rocket. His mother did.

Batdude
31st August 2004, 4:34 PM
I think it makes a lot of sense that Giovanni could be Ash's father. Maybe thats why Giovanni had to have a reason to leave the Gym and have Jessie and James fight? Maybe the mewtwo thing was just done by the writers to keep them apart. I saw Mewtwo Returns once, but I can't remember, did Ash meet Giovanni in that? You'd think Giovanni might have said something, like, "Ash... I am your father..." like in star wars...

Black Angel
31st August 2004, 5:18 PM
I have an idea at who Richie's mother could be. Didn't the leader of the fourth orange island say she had a son who looked exactly like Ash? Who also left on a journey and also had a Pikachu? Seems to point to Richie.

Ororo Munroe
2nd September 2004, 9:54 AM
I have an idea at who Richie's mother could be. Didn't the leader of the fourth orange island say she had a son who looked exactly like Ash? Who also left on a journey and also had a Pikachu? Seems to point to Richie.
Her name in Luana. And that seems like an interesting theory.

Hogtree
9th September 2004, 10:58 AM
This thing about Ash's father being Ho-oh doesn't sound that weird - if you think about it this way:

Ash's dad went on a Pokemon journey but died in an accident.
Many cultures believe that re-incarnation exists - I'm on the border-line, but anyway:

Ash's dad decided that he didn't want to return as a human, so "the man upstairs" decided that he could become a Pokemon - the same Pokemon he had been searching for all of his life - Ho-oh.

Ash's dad then waited for the day for his son to start his own journey and has been his guardian ever since.

AshKetchum719
11th September 2004, 4:24 PM
Wow, that's really interesting, I never thought of it that way. I still don't think it works because the US would never go for that idea in our dubbing, because religion is such a contrversial topic here. But maybe it could work, it's a very cool idea lol. I still think it may be Giovanni but I have my doubts that we'll ever learn and I have a feeling that Ash's father has never even been in the show as any sort of side character. It would just be awesome drama if it was Giovanni! lol
Gotta Go
Ash

This thing about Ash's father being Ho-oh doesn't sound that weird - if you think about it this way:

Ash's dad went on a Pokemon journey but died in an accident.
Many cultures believe that re-incarnation exists - I'm on the border-line, but anyway:

Ash's dad decided that he didn't want to return as a human, so "the man upstairs" decided that he could become a Pokemon - the same Pokemon he had been searching for all of his life - Ho-oh.

Ash's dad then waited for the day for his son to start his own journey and has been his guardian ever since.

Hogtree
13th September 2004, 2:03 PM
Wow, that's really interesting, I never thought of it that way. I still don't think it works because the US would never go for that idea in our dubbing, because religion is such a contrversial topic here. But maybe it could work, it's a very cool idea lol.
I often think of weird things related to different storys. But as they say it's the "Nintendo Difference".

Blackcat88
25th September 2004, 2:58 AM

one tiny problem with that. in that episode, we do see a flashback, as her kid is leaving to go on his journey. and, if my memory serves right, that kid looked almost nothing like Richie.

plus, i believe she called him Trevor. So unless Richie really changed in looks and changed his name, i don't think that gym leader is his mother.

Katsuya
30th September 2004, 7:14 PM
SPOILERS

-
-
-
-
-

In the latest Hoso special, there's some guy called Silver who could possibly be Ash's dad.

Houndoom Master
4th October 2004, 12:28 AM
I didn't read every post, so I don't know if this has been said, but it's impossible for Giavonni to be Ash's dad, because it says it took his dad four days to get to Viridian City. If he was Giavonni, he lived there, so he should at least know the way there.

Waterfall Gym
7th October 2004, 3:30 PM
There's a lapse in that logic. Just because Giovanni is the leader of Varidian Gym, it doesn't mean that he was born and raised in Varidian. This is shown with Norman- Petalburg leader from Johto (Goldenrod city perhaps?). It's understandable that Giovanni could be a Pallet-born resident.

That or Ash's mom was lying for encouragement.

... Yeah, I Diamondship religously.

As for the Ho-oh/reincarnation thing, it's logically impossable to have a phoenix exist in a story and deny the reincarnation it represents.

BoltElectricGymLeader
13th October 2004, 9:56 PM
most of us know Brocks parents

don't know Misty's

know Ashes mom

and Gary's grandfather

Misty's parents are probably dead hence her sisters staying home instead of leaving

Ashes father is unknown and most likely is a trainer thats off on a journey that was said in the very first freakin' episode, Ashes father isn't Giovanni because in FireRed/LeafGreen the scientist on one of the Sevii Islands says his son has red hair so Ash can't be Giovanni's son, as for Professor Oak being his father, it's not highly unlikely but i doubt it, even though anythings possible

If Giovanni has a son it's probably the rival from gold/silve/crystal or possibly Gary but he really doesn't have red hair, it's more brown

That Scary Clefairy
14th October 2004, 3:06 AM
most of us know Brocks parents

don't know Misty's

know Ashes mom

and Gary's grandfather

Misty's parents are probably dead hence her sisters staying home instead of leaving

Ashes father is unknown and most likely is a trainer thats off on a journey that was said in the very first freakin' episode, Ashes father isn't Giovanni because in FireRed/LeafGreen the scientist on one of the Sevii Islands says his son has red hair so Ash can't be Giovanni's son, as for Professor Oak being his father, it's not highly unlikely but i doubt it, even though anythings possible

If Giovanni has a son it's probably the rival from gold/silve/crystal or possibly Gary but he really doesn't have red hair, it's more brown

what your opinion on the rumor about Silver(trainer richie met) as Ash's dad?

EmberStar the Blaziken
19th October 2004, 10:29 PM
I think ash was a hit and run baby

That Scary Clefairy
20th October 2004, 2:23 AM
LAMO! that funny emberstar. That probably choice #2 anyway. I mean who knows what kind of activities Delia does when not around ash anyway if you get my drift.

Murgatroyd
20th October 2004, 11:50 PM
It can't be Gary. In the game the line came from, which must be the ultimate authority on all things connected to the line, Gary's hair isn't anywhere near red.

Blackcat88
21st October 2004, 3:29 AM
hit and run baby? that's a new phrase..

there's one question on my mind. if i remember correctly, in the american dub, Brock's mother apparently "wasn't able to care for him and all his siblings" leading me to think she died. but,i've heard in the original she didn't die (or it wasn't implied) and in a hoso she came back.

can anyone straighten this out for me?

Ororo Munroe
21st October 2004, 7:19 AM
In the dubbed version she died. In the Japanese version she left the family like Flint did but came back before the hoso at Pewter Gym.

Dark_Pikachu
22nd October 2004, 10:22 AM
Here's a semi-official parents thread. I call it semi, because a mod didn't make it. So, discuss who you think is (insert charactor's name here's) parent. Gary, Misty, Ash, ect. I hope this will clean things up and we won't have a thread for each charactor.

I think Ash's parent is Ho-oh. Not his dad, his parent. I think that Ho-oh had a baby, and had to hid it from poachers. So, it hid it in human care. It switched its baby with Delia's real one after making its baby look like a human.

Meh, I have a big imagination. But, its probably more exciting than what a writer could come up with. :D

Excuse me, I AM a writer. I get paid to write.

Ororo Munroe
22nd October 2004, 12:34 PM
Excuse me, I AM a writer. I get paid to write.
Please don't go off topic.

EmberStar the Blaziken
1st November 2004, 2:35 AM
Chioce 2: Born of

rape

EonMaster Zero
13th November 2004, 2:24 AM
Ouch...

Then why the line about Ash's father in the first episode of the entire series? That line implies that Delia had a personal relationship with Ash's father. Perhaps...Delia having been in the 18-20 age range when Ash was born...perhaps, Delia and Ash's father weren't married.

My theory is that soon after Ash was...ahem...conceived, he, perhaps, became the subject of a falling out between his father and Delia. Maybe it was over who was to raise him, or more likely, it was that Ash's dad wasn't counting on Delia getting pregnant and wanted...yes I'm gonna say it because I don't think it's any worse than the rape theory...

An abortion.

Delia, of course being the woman in the picture, didn't agree with that, and thus the father walked out.

And about the Hales.

Spencer Hale and Delia might have been classmates or something...but I really think that Molly's mother and Delia are sisters...that way Delia could have the last name of "Ketchum" as her maiden name - Molly's mother's surname was also Ketchum but it obviously became Hale when she married Spencer. And this relationship would obviously make Ash and Molly first cousins, and account for the picture that was shown of Ash's and Molly's families together a couple of times during Pokemon 3.

That's probably one of the three reasons that Entei kidnapped Ash's mother.

1. Delia was so in shock about what had happened to her sister, she chose not to talk about it. But the two of them were very close, so much so that she almost saw Molly as her own daughter, even going as far as to imply the desire to adopt her when Spencer also goes missing (that scene when Charizard busts in).

2. Delia and Molly's mother have a mild resemblance to each other. (And if I remember right, Molly's mother, when she appears in the credits at the end, is also wearing her hair in a ponytail similar to that of Delia.)

3. Uh...Delia was the closest woman around to kidnap. ^_^

I don't think that Gary's father is Giovanni, but I do believe that he and Giovanni are related in some way...maybe nephew/uncle. That would make our old Prof the father of at least two children...one of them, perhaps, becoming a legitimate trainer or worker - and dying in an accident. Obviously, Gary would go back to Professor Oak, seeing as Gary's father would not have wanted him to grow up under the influence of Team Rocket.

Giovanni, in turn, could have done two things.

One of my theories is that he married and had Domino. Domino, I believe was somewhere in the range of 16-20...definitely older than Jesse or James...making it very possible that she is Giovanni's daughter. She's definitely an evil, conniving b!tch. But for some reason I really liked her in "Mewtwo Returns."

Now for...Kamon in GSC (I believe that's the rival's name.)

The resemblance between him and Lance is very clear. I believe that the two are brothers. Kamon's frustrated by the fact that his brother became a champion and runs away from home in Kanto, to pick up Pokemon that he thinks are from a new region his brother hasn't seen, come back, and kick his brother's ***.

The only problem - Hiro (not Kenta, I'm going by the game here for this theory) is an Ash-type character who (if you're any good) continues to beat him.

Next, my theory on Misty -

She's either adopted or is the half-sister of Violet, Lily, & Daisy. My theory is that one parent named the three older ones, and that parent passed on, because if (s)he were alive, Misty's name would also be on that little "flowers" theme. Then the remaining parent remarried a while after (explaining the age gap) and had Misty.

Other Tidbits

Blaine could have possibly been the Lavaridge GL in Hoenn, then left for Kanto...that, of course, would make Flannery his granddaughter.

There is also a very, very, very slim possibility that Whitney and May & Max could be related in some way. Possible that Norman was the former Goldenrod Gym Leader until he left it to Whitney. Or, he could have just been ousted by Whitney (how, I don't know...)

Drake and Mr. Briney from Hoenn are very possibly brothers (maybe twins, even!). Big resemblance, for one thing, and they both love the sea.

Falkner from Johto and Winona from Hoenn...maybe, but probably not. If that were the case, then Winona is probably younger than Falkner. Falkner's father was most likely killed in a flying accident.

Samurai & Koga...OUCH. If anything, Samurai would be Koga's son - but that would make him the (younger) brother of Janine, Fuschia City GL from GSC. And what the hell happened to Aya (who would be, if my theory is correct, Janine and Samurai's aunt)? Samurai must be named after Koga (Koga Jr. or something)...does 4Kids actually think we're stupid enough to believe that the kid's real name is Samurai? C'mon...he probably didn't think that anyone would believe him if he told them his real name - or he didn't wanna spend his whole journey being compared to his father.

Drake/Clair...cousins..but probably not. My guess is that they may be a couple (at least in the anime)

Morty/Agatha? (Whoever the Elite 4 ghost lady was)
This is probably my most complicated theory out of people who aren't really main characters. I believe that Morty definitely could be Agatha's grandson - and so could Eusine (For Ho-oh the Bells Toll!). Eusine and Morty could be brothers as well - that would explain why Eusine's relationship with Morty was so strained (and there was one. Eusine and Morty greeted each other sort of like two ex-friends who hadn't seen each other in a few years). If anyone saw the episode, Eusine has an Alakazam - a psychic-type. That would obviously go away from the ghost-type tradition that Morty and his family have. (That would also explain why all of Morty's so-called "junior trainers" are senior citizens. Agatha probably raised Morty due to the sudden death of his parents, and when she got promoted to Elite 4 status in Kanto, Morty was left with the gym.) Eusine seems to have the attitude that Morty has in the character of the game - obsessed with Legendaries and will run over anybody in his way to get them. So, Eusine and Morty could definitely be related, if not brothers.

Electrode
17th November 2004, 9:34 PM
He keeps seeing Ho-Oh at the beginning of his journeys because Ho-Oh is said to appear to only those with the purest heart and good intentions (they said something like that in it's legend (morty said it i think)
So it means ash will get all of the luck... in his adventures

Mysty
11th December 2004, 4:29 PM
Could the guy in the new intro be silver? If so, that could be daddy~

That Scary Clefairy
11th December 2004, 10:22 PM
no that was mewtwo if you're talking about the shadowry guy in the city. And i'm not to sure anymore if Silver is Ash's dad anymore, but it would be cool if he was.

ashlover
29th December 2004, 9:22 PM
how do you guys think that ash´s father look like?
i think he has ash´s eyes and black hair but not the same hair-style

Ororo Munroe
30th December 2004, 5:34 AM
I think his dad might have those zs Ash has on his face since Delia doesn't have them so he probably got them from his dad.

ashlover
30th December 2004, 1:49 PM
yeah..hehe

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
2nd January 2005, 5:51 PM
i think:

Oak is either:

Tracey's long lost grandfather/greatuncle or whatever
this is due to the fact that in celebi: voice of the forest Sammy (oak) was drawing pokemoon in the same style tracey did and Sammy's skills where passed on to Tracey's mystery dad and then to him

pokey
5th January 2005, 3:44 AM
what if Archie from Team Aqua was Misty's dad?
I mean they both like water pokemon

cold_katanagirl
5th January 2005, 4:05 AM
I don't think we're ever going to know about the parents. Some anime tend to never have their parents talked about and this could be one of them.

No offense, but Ho-oh as Ash's dad sounds ridiculous IMO.

Ororo Munroe
5th January 2005, 5:52 AM
Sammy (oak) was drawing pokemoon in the same style tracey did and Sammy's skills where passed on to Tracey's mystery dad and then to him
Many people have the same style of drawing so that doesn't really mean anything.

what if Archie from Team Aqua was Misty's dad?
I mean they both like water pokemon
There are a lot of characters that like Water Pokemon. Is everyone that participated in the Whirl Cup related to Misty? :p

Alfonso
5th January 2005, 5:25 PM
I think his dad might have those zs Ash has on his face since Delia doesn't have them so he probably got them from his dad.

Those 'z's, are, I believe, some sort of anime 'thing' to indicate youth/innocence on a young male. Not sure though... I do recall hearing it once.

Ororo Munroe
5th January 2005, 5:58 PM
Those 'z's, are, I believe, some sort of anime 'thing' to indicate youth/innocence on a young male. Not sure though... I do recall hearing it once.
I knew they were an anime thing but didn't know they were for young boys. Never mind my post then. Heh. ^_^;

SceptileMan
11th January 2005, 1:15 AM
These are my opinions-

Ash-
Mom- we all know it's Delia.
Dad- This one is perplexing. I'm going to say Ho-oh. Here's why: In the first Morty episode, it showed the Burnt Tower as it caught fire. Maybe right after, when Ho-oh escpaed, it had a baby Ho-oh. However, when it realized that it was being hunted, it went into hiding. First, however, it had to hide its baby. It used its powers as a godly legendary pokemon and transformed into a human baby. It looked for a remote town and ended up stumbling across Pallet Town. It left the baby with Delia, telling her to hide the truth from him. When Ash left on his journey, Delia, beforehand, told him that his father took days to reach Viridian City to hide the fact that his father is Ho-oh. As he began his journey, Ho-oh decided to come out of hiding and check on Ash. This story would also explain his name. Sacred "Ash".

-------

Misty-
Mother- Ever wonder why Jessie and Misty are played by the same person? They're sisters. Their mother was not only part of TR, but also the leader of the Cerulean Gym. She married a man named Arthur. Arthur loved water pokemon too. However, he was greedy, leading to the father.

Father- Arthur Waterflower married Miyamoto just before she died. He was greedy, expecting to get the Cerulean Gym in her will. However, during the reading, he was shocked to learn that in the will, she gave the gym to her four daughters (soon to be three when Misty left). Arthur was angry and left. He ended up forming a gang of trainers who used Sharpedos and it soon grew into an organization. Arthur changed his name. The organization became Team Aqua, and his name became Archie.

-------

Brock-
Mother- we already know (I believe Japan over America on this issue. Girlfriend? Bleh!)

Father- we've known since episode 5.

------

May/Max-
Mother- We already know
Father- We already know

------

Jessie- already explained in Misty

------

James-

Mother- we already know

Father- we already know

Ororo Munroe
11th January 2005, 4:36 AM
This story would also explain his name. Sacred "Ash".
What about the Japanese names? :p

Murgatroyd
11th January 2005, 4:41 AM
No connection between "Satoshi" and "Seinaru Hai".
While we're at it, I might as well ask what happened during the interval between the burning of the tower and leaving the baby with Delia. I believe the time period involved is measured in centuries.

Alfonso
13th January 2005, 6:20 PM
Also, I'd like to point out to the person above that stated that Jessie and Misty were sisters... they may have the same English VA, but what about Japanese Seiyuu? I'm pretty sure Megumi-sama doesn't do the voice of Misty. :P And even if she did, having the same VA/Seiyuu doesn't mean a thing. Wouldn't that make Ash and May brother and sister? Would that also make Professor Oak and Ritchie related, since Oak's younger voice was the same as Ritchie's? And what about Gary and Toru-chan/Todd? Both have the same VA, and pretty much the same voice, except that Todd's is more nasal.

Also, wouldn't Miyamoto have... I don't know, *mentioned* Misty in the CD Drama? She didn't. She only mentioned, and worried about Jessie.

And while I'm at it, I would just like to say that the theory that Ash's Father is Ho-oh is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. Right up there with the theory that Rui from Colleseum is really Misty's granddaughter.

Medea
13th January 2005, 7:43 PM
I have a theory that Adan (Sootopolis gym leader) might be Misty's father. I don't know that's why it's just a theory. And I still go by this, Professor Oak being Ash's father.

Gigi
14th January 2005, 4:20 PM
I prefer going by the idea that Satoshi's father is just some guy who travels around and never visits home. No offense, people... The Houou thing is a little... reddiculous? ._.()

Tracey's long lost grandfather/greatuncle or whatever
this is due to the fact that in celebi: voice of the forest Sammy (oak) was drawing pokemoon in the same style tracey did and Sammy's skills where passed on to Tracey's mystery dad and then to him

Well, technically anything drawn in Pokemon style in the Pokemon world would be 'realism' to them. =P Plus drawing styles aren't really something passed onto your children.
But you know, the two of them look similar. I have to admit I was thinking that myself at one point.

Darkgel
19th January 2005, 7:08 PM
Anyone though that maybe Sakaki (Giovanni) was intended to be Shigeru (Gary) 's father in the original character development?

Makes sense. In the games, a Rocket grunt says that Giovanni's kid has red hair (remember orangey-looking hair is often called red hair). Roketto Dan seems not to follow Shigeru as harshly as Satoshi (Ash, obviously), who is just some meddling kid. If Satoshi was Sakaki's son, then HE would get protection. And Shigeru becomes the Gym Leader in Viridian (applies to Janine being Fuschia's Gym leader, as she's Kouga's daughter, why not apply it to Shigeru?)

But that would mean Yukinari Orchid (Samuel Oak) is Sakaki's father. And it makes sense too, in some sort of (twisted) way.

Murgatroyd
19th January 2005, 8:28 PM
In the games, a Rocket grunt says that Giovanni's kid has red hair (remember orangey-looking hair is often called red hair).
One little problem. In the game that line comes from, Gary's hair isn't anywhere near red.

Darkgel
20th January 2005, 12:46 AM
One little problem. In the game that line comes from, Gary's hair isn't anywhere near red.

But it's somewhat orangey. And that's commonly called red hair. Just because it's a Japanese game, in which some characters have weird hair colors, it doesn't mean it has to have EXACTLY red hair for it to be called red.

Maverick_X
23rd January 2005, 8:09 PM
Where did you kids get this information? What kind of imaginations create this? Misty's last name is supposed to be Waterflower and Brock's is supposed to be Slate. LOL at these names... but you guys also have to remember that this is supposed to be a "kid's" show, so the american version will obviously never delve into parents and stuff, because that would mean that ash's dad is a deadbeat, etc... It's the same deal with school. Where does Ash go to school? How smart is he? LOL.... I wish I lived in pokemon world.

PS: Ash's dad is not a pokemon - it is not Ho-Oh. That would be extremely stupid, but it would explain why Ash doesn't have human emotion when reacting to how he traveled with two hot girlies so far and hasn't done anything - not even a private talk with them.

cold_katanagirl
23rd January 2005, 9:54 PM
PS: Ash's dad is not a pokemon - it is not Ho-Oh. That would be extremely stupid, but it would explain why Ash doesn't have human emotion when reacting to how he traveled with two hot girlies so far and hasn't done anything - not even a private talk with them.
He could just not like either, he doesn't have to like the girls he's traveling with...

Ororo Munroe
23rd January 2005, 10:31 PM
Misty's last name is supposed to be Waterflower and Brock's is supposed to be Slate.
Those are just assumptions that fans have made.

Maverick_X
23rd January 2005, 10:37 PM
If you have taken any psychology courses or anything of the sort dealing with human emotion and development it would only be sane to say that Ash obviously should show emotion to misty or may since he TRAVELS with them. What other females does ash see regularly that could justify his male feelings for liking females like every other human being in this world? Don't say Jesse. Ash should like Misty or May simply because what? He went through puberty and what not and now should be attracted to females. He has the females there, so.. duh?

Sharpshooter
23rd January 2005, 10:38 PM
These fanbase names get blown out of proportion, first Brock's last name was Harrison, now it's Slate? Whatever you guys are on I'll have a shot of that too please :p

Magnus
25th January 2005, 10:51 AM
Ok this is what I think:

Ash: Some random trainer who hasnt been introduced yet. Probaly had left to train pokemon and fell in love with some one else. I think think Ash has half siblings out there somewhere.

Misty: I think her parents are probaly dead.

Brock: We already know.

May and Max: We know.

Gary: I think his parents are rich and travel the world. They have a house in Pallet where Gary and his sister grew up.

Jessie: Mother died though I think she still could be alive. Father I have no clue.

James: we know.

Somebody mentioned something about Domino being Giovanni's daughter and being 16-20ish. I think thats wrong. From what I've read she is the neice of Giovanni and she's more like 14-15.

MaskedManAbsolkid
25th January 2005, 11:05 AM
Misty's last name is supposed to be Waterflower and Brock's is supposed to be Slate.

How can Brock be Brock Slate? I thought he was Brock Harrison. But the name Flint Slate..i don't think that'd work.

Ororo Munroe
25th January 2005, 11:22 AM
How can Brock be Brock Slate? I thought he was Brock Harrison.
Both fan made last names. Brock has no official last name.

Togemon
26th January 2005, 3:07 AM
I think I figured it all out! :o

Ash somehow went back in time and found a young Delila. Then, they did some ... stuff and he went back to his time. So Ash is his own father :o

Guess what show I got that from. :p

Blackjack Gabbiani
26th January 2005, 3:42 AM
I'm rather surprised that no one's listed Tyson as a possibility for Gary's father. He looks exactly like a cross betwen Oak and Gary, and it would explain an *awful* lot about Gary's attitude if his father ran off to join the Rockets.

And to whoever listed Jirarudan as Bashou's father--Jirarudan is probably about Bashou's *AGE*. Seriously, if this one fansite is correct, he could be *younger*.

Magnus
26th January 2005, 6:21 AM
He was his own granfather in that show you are speaking of.

Alfonso
26th January 2005, 9:33 PM
I'm rather surprised that no one's listed Tyson as a possibility for Gary's father. He looks exactly like a cross betwen Oak and Gary, and it would explain an *awful* lot about Gary's attitude if his father ran off to join the Rockets.

And to whoever listed Jirarudan as Bashou's father--Jirarudan is probably about Bashou's *AGE*. Seriously, if this one fansite is correct, he could be *younger*.

I thought it was a bit strange that you hadn't mentioned THAT one yet. (Didn't you once right a fic once that suggested that Tyson was Gary's son?) I agree with it, by the way. I mean, have you *seen* his hair style? Seriously.

Speaking of Ash's Father, how about Sebastian? I imagine it would be pretty crushing to find out that his own father was someone that not only was part of Team Rocket, who also one of the main figureheads behind Pokemon cruelity/capture. It would certainly be a hell of a lot more fun than, say... Lance. -_-

You know, I think that Oak has more family then he lets on. My theory is that he's been planting quite a few Oak seeds. (Ash, Ritchie, Travis, that quite frankly ugly Pidgey boy, Christopher...)

kevinlinks
2nd February 2005, 9:47 PM
Here's a notion:
What if ash's dad is dead. I know its kinda sad to think about, but the show is based on the games, and in the games your dad is never revealed. I assume the same about anime Gary, who doesn't seem to have a sister although he does in the games.

The strangest thing is how Delia knows Oak since childhood and the timetraveling stuff in the 4th movie makes anything possible. I think Delia could be just as old as Oak; maybe she just doesn't look it. She seems retired because she is always in her garden which could also support this.

As for Gary, who knows? Little is mentioned about him, although you can guess that he has some money behind him because of his arrogant attitude and his background with a renown proffesor. He also seems to get around quickly-I'm guessing he has money to hire cheerleaders as chaffeurs. No body is sure how he affords to keep them with him throughout Kanto and then take them to Johto with him for the championship.

I like to belive that Oak and Ash are brothers because they have known each other so well, even to the point of near sibbling rivarly well through their childhood, but its probablly not so. Unfortunately the writers don't appear to think much expect around the pokemon leagues, so only in glorious fanfic can such dramatic happenings unfold. Other famous trainers like Lance, Steven, Silver, Drake, Giovani, etc are also interesting possibillities but are unlikely. Although I find it uncanny that Gary (Blue) does in GSC replace Giovani at the gym after being defeated by Ash. (Red)

That's another point. If the anime was following the games, then when are they going to progress three years from Ash's starting journey? Two more years since Ash was nearly ready to leave Kanto and Ash (Red) was supposed to beat Gary (Blue) in the Elite Four, and retreat to Mt Silver as a grand champion with a level 91 pikachu.
What's going on?!

Evil Azurill
3rd February 2005, 2:22 AM
Hmmm...I don't think Gary's father is dead. I agree with Blackjack, I think that Gary's father is Tyson. I mean....look at them. Tyson is like the missing link between Gary and Professor Oak. He looks a lot like the professor, but with Gary hair color and features.

Blackjack Gabbiani
3rd February 2005, 2:36 AM
Yay a convert!

LugiaMew
3rd February 2005, 5:22 PM
I have a theory that is slightly wierd, but might make sense.

Delia got married to a man called Blair Ketchum. Blairs rival had been Giovanni, who was jealous of Blair, and swore to get back at him. Soon, Blair and Delia had a daughter who they called Katie. Blair showed a lot of affection for Katie, and would do anything for her. Ash was born 2 years after Katie. When Ash was 2, Team rocket set fire to the house which he and his family were living in. Blair managed to get them all out safely, and unfortunately, Team rocket were waiting for him. They got out all of thier Pokemon, including a Dark Tyranitar that went for Katie. Blair saw this and rushed in front of the Tyranitar. He was killed. Katie was too, and Delia couldn't live with that memory, so she has always told Ash that his father was away on a journey.

Now, Ho-oh reincarnated Blair and brought him back as Lugia. In pkmn 2000, Lugia said something like "I...have failed" That was Blair, saying he had failed to protect the last of his children

DANdotW
3rd February 2005, 6:15 PM
I have a theory that is slightly wierd, but might make sense.

Delia got married to a man called Blair Ketchum. Blairs rival had been Giovanni, who was jealous of Blair, and swore to get back at him. Soon, Blair and Delia had a daughter who they called Katie. Blair showed a lot of affection for Katie, and would do anything for her. Ash was born 2 years after Katie. When Ash was 2, Team rocket set fire to the house which he and his family were living in. Blair managed to get them all out safely, and unfortunately, Team rocket were waiting for him. They got out all of thier Pokemon, including a Dark Tyranitar that went for Katie. Blair saw this and rushed in front of the Tyranitar. He was killed. Katie was too, and Delia couldn't live with that memory, so she has always told Ash that his father was away on a journey.

Now, Ho-oh reincarnated Blair and brought him back as Lugia. In pkmn 2000, Lugia said something like "I...have failed" That was Blair, saying he had failed to protect the last of his children

Not to be a nuisence or anything, but. Why would a Tyrannitar be there for one thing? Umm, also, Lugia obviously meant he had failed to save the world because he had been defeated.

The strangest thing is how Delia knows Oak since childhood and the timetraveling stuff in the 4th movie makes anything possible. I think Delia could be just as old as Oak; maybe she just doesn't look it. She seems retired because she is always in her garden which could also support this.

Umm, that could mean that Deli knew him since she was a child, not when he was a child. We all know from the Entei movie, that Delia was best friends with Spencer Hale, and that Spencer was a student of Professer Oaks. Nuff sed.

LugiaMew
4th February 2005, 8:23 AM
Well I did say it was slightly wierd. The Tyranitar thing.... well back then they had tyranitar. One of them went berserk and killed half the Rockets, so they've stopped using them. ^^;;;

You believe what you want to believe. :)

Hikashi
25th February 2005, 2:57 AM
Well, LugiaMew, the idea's not that bad.....
Okay, here's MY theory:
I will seriously die laughing if Ash's dad is Giovanni.
I mean, look, here is my theory of why:
Maybe Delia hung out with the wrong crowd. She met Giovanni one day and they fell in love (Okay, I'm starting to sound retarded).
Maybe Giovanni has Jessie, James and Meowth follow Ash because he KNOWS they cannot hurt him. He's probably having them watch over him, also to see how capable Ash is of defending himself.
And furthermore, Gym leaders used to be trainers, right? Delia said in the second episode that 'it took your father something something to get there!'. Maybe Giovanni became a trainer JUST TO START OFF TEAM ROCKET. He wanted all pokemon, so Delia kept that from Ash.
I know, Giovanni seems like a power hungry moron, but I honestly think Giovanni's Ash's dad.
Some people actually said Oak was Ash's dad......EYEW!
But still, I think Giovanni's the missing link to the Ketchums. I know, my theory's a little bizarre, but it's all I can really think of.
I also kinda prefer the Star Wars twist. And Japan DOES have Star Wars, they have anime videos of the Ewoks and anime comics about it. And Japan LOVED Star Wars, silence was their opinion when they first saw it, so maybe they got the idea THAT GIOVANNI IS ASH'S DAD.
Also, I know the whole 'Japan-liked-Star-Wars' thing cuz I have seen the fourth disc of the Star Wars Special Edition DVD. That's why I support the theory.
My theory, for the last time:
Giovanni is Ash Ketchum's father.

Gaiash
25th February 2005, 10:42 PM
ok here are mine:

Ash:
Ashs father is dead. Ash and Gary are cousins and Oak is both their grand fathers Delia being his daughter (Gary did call him Proffesor Oak once so its possible).

James:
James is adopted, found by a rich couple as a baby and raised to be their succesor.

Jessie:
Jessie and Jessibell are twin sisters, after they were born their parents slit up and their father married a rich woman.

Blackjack Gabbiani
14th March 2005, 8:35 PM
Maybe Giovanni became a trainer JUST TO START OFF TEAM ROCKET.

Except he didn't start the Team. We know the Team had at least one leader before him.

Shining Lugia
14th March 2005, 11:21 PM
Or maybe Giovanni stopped training cuz his mom or dad wanted him to learn the ways of TR.

Mew2
16th March 2005, 10:13 PM
Here's what I believe about Ash's father. The later part of this is what I hope may happen. Ash's father, I'll call him Mike because I don't want to keep calling him "Ash's father", started out as a child prodigy pokemon trainer. He got his badges very quickly and he crushed everyone during the Indigo League Championship. That is, he trounced all but one trainer. He just barely managed to beat a boy his age named Giovanni. After battling each other, the two became friends and went on more pokemon journeys together. They clobbered whatever league they entered and it was always either Mike or Giovanni who won.

On one of their journeys, Mike meets a lovely young woman named Delia. They become close friends and quickly fall in love. Meanwhile, Giovanni laments the fact that there is no one that can challenge either him or Mike. When he becomes eighteen decides to create a new Team Rocket. But instead of it being a criminal organization, he wants it to be an organization that would help others, but wouldn't mind bending the rules almost to the breaking point to get the job done. Mike agrees and decides to help his friend. They then create this new Team Rocket. Not only that, but Mike marries Delia. A few weeks later, Delia finds out that she's pregnant with Ash. Mike, meanwhile is helping Team Rocket do its stuff. They are helping people out, but they are really skating the line in doing it. Mike then tells Giovanni that maybe they should hold back a bit. Giovanni, however, sees that Team Rocket is making lots of money; lots and lots of money. He begins to use Team Rocket funds to secretly fund research into creating better pokeballs, better methods of capturing stronger pokemon, etc. Eventually, Giovanni is tired of the idea of helping people. He's in control of a very powerful organization that can even influence politics. He then begins to think that he can take over the world with Team Rocket, and he begins to start planning his world conquest scenerios. Some people in the higher echelons of Team Rocket are getting suspicious that TR is getting more and more corrupt. The Grunts are no longer following the law in carrying out their duties. When they try to call Giovanni on it, they disappear.

Meanwhile, Mike is living happily with Delia and Ash. He quickly hears about what's going on with Team Rocket and he goes to confront Giovanni. He enters Viridian Gym and sees Giovanni with four body guards. He and his pokemon quickly dispatch the body guards and their pokemon and he faces his former friend and asks him what's going on. Giovanni says how he is tired of doing good for others. He says that this organization has made him a lot of money and that he likes being on top. He then outlines his plans for world domination. Mike refuses to help him and challenges him to a battle. The prize: Team Rocket itself. The battle goes back and forth. Eventually, Mike defeats Giovanni and even injures the leader of TR. Giovanni, however, laughs as he reveals a Drowzee that was enhanced to be much stronger than an ordinary Drowzee. It attacks Mike, but it doesn't kill him. It takes control of his mind and turns Mike into a top leader in Team Rocket. He then takes his place at Giovanni's side as a leader in Team Rocket.

Fast forward several years. Ash is coming home from the Hoenn League and he gets word that there's trouble. Team Rocket attacks him: not JJ&M, but Bashou, Buson, Tyson, Domino, and several other grunts. Ash barely defeats them, and he looks above them to find his father. He is shocked to see his father not only alive, but in a TR uniform. His father tells him to join Team Rocket. Ash refuses and his father lets him go...for now. Ash returns home and prepares to make an assault on the newly rebuilt Viridian Gym. He gets his most powerful pokemon into his team, and goes to Viridian Gym to face his father. He gets there and sees not only his father, but the leader of Team Rocket itself, Giovanni. Giovanni then orders Mike to kill Ash. One of Ash's pokemon, Charizard, jumps out of his pokeball and defends Ash. Ash and his father agree to have a pokemon battle. If Ash wins, he will get his father. If Ash's father wins, Ash will die. They battle, and for a while, it seems as if Mike has the upper hand. When Charizard comes out, though, he goes straight through Mike's remaining pokemon. Ash wins. But Mike isn't freed. Giovanni then reveals the evil Drowzee and has it order Mike to kill Ash. Mike pulls out a gun and points it at Ash. Ash then orders Pikachu, whose now recovered from the battle, and Charizard to attack Drowzee with deadly force, realizing that Drowzee is evil, and that it is what is controlling his father. They then kill the pokemon, and Ash then has Pikachu Thunderbolt Ash's father to erase the brainwashing. The attack knocks Mike unconscious. While this is happening, Giovanni escapes. When Ash's father wakes up, we see that he is back to normal and is no longer under Team Rocket's control.

Kthleen
19th March 2005, 6:25 AM
Meanwhile, Giovanni laments the fact that there is no one that can challenge either him or Mike. When he becomes eighteen decides to create a new Team Rocket. But instead of it being a criminal organization, he wants it to be an organization that would help others, but wouldn't mind bending the rules almost to the breaking point to get the job done. Mike agrees and decides to help his friend. They then create this new Team Rocket.Except that Sakaki's mother, known to us as Woman/Madame Boss, was Team Rocket's leader ~20 years ago (whether or not she started it, I don't know), so he/they couldn't have started it.

zOMGz T3H 0RIGINAL W4V3RIDER IS AHS'5 D4DD`/!!! LOLZORZ1!!!omg111!1 i M3AN LOOK (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/n05_0318_page02_lg.jpg)!!!!1
J/k, and the image was originally linked to by GoldChaos.

Mew2
19th March 2005, 1:41 PM
i thought that the implication that there was an old Team Rocket whose leader had been his mother was clear enough with the "new" and mentioning that it was not going to be a criminal organization. Sorry if that wasn't made clear before.

Kthleen
19th March 2005, 8:42 PM
Oh, sorry. I guess I misinterpreted it. Arrgh. http://graphics.gaiaonline.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_sweatdrop.gif

rockyrules
30th March 2005, 5:14 AM
heres what me thinks...

Ash- know his mother. I think his dad is some random dude. If giovanni's his dad then what is the link to the red-haired kid, who is most likely gio's son. I think ritchie is related to Ash in some way, be it cousin or step-brother.

Brock, May, Max, James- we know

Misty, tracey,Gary, jessie- who knows?who cares?

now, onto people no one likes to mention hurhur...

morty-one of my fav characters. i think agatha is his grandma. she could have possibly been the gym leader in ecruteak and then handed her role over to morty after she was promoted to elite four status. I also think agatha must have met or known Oak at some time. i remember in the first gen games, she mentioned something about oak being a shadow of his former self and use to be handsome, i cant remeber all that jibber-jabber...

now, it becomes confusing, so sit tight....

Lance- i believe clair is his sister. make fun of me all you want, but these two have such a striking resemblance, its almost impossible to think otherwise. i mean, they both have an unorthadox way of coloring their hair(but that justPKMN i guess) and not to mention, THE CAPE!!!!! i also believe, these two have a some relation to both drakes. The Drake from hoenn could possibly be his uncle OR a bitter rival of Lances's father(who i believe is the guy who gives you the Dratini in the dragon's den in Crystal). The drake in the orange league could possibly be the other drakes son. Maybe both drakes had to move out of blackthorn as they knew lance was a far superior trainer then both, and would probably get nowhere if they stayed. also, this is just my wild belief Lance's last name could be BLACKTHORN*blushes, waits to be humiliated* maybe a bunch of dragon trainers discovered the city, and named it after the highest dragon family, hence tha would be Lance's.

Lorelei- i think the only possible father she could have is Pryce, mother i have no clue, but i still dont think too much about him being her father.

flannery-quitepossibly, her grandpa is blain. maybe at one time, he used to be a hot-shot trainer, but again, this doesnt have too much reason to back it up.

gio- his mother is Madame boss, no doubt. his father could have been the former leader of TR. again, thers nothing to back this

Bruno,chuck, Brawly- they have to have SOME relationship(not family thougth), i think bruno could have been the gym leader of the fighting Dojo, but was creamed, and decided to move onto greener pastures.....

Koga- obvious....

dont believe me on all this, this was no way meant o be real, this is just my imagination at work*thinks of a boatload of bashings comin his way*

Blackjack Gabbiani
30th March 2005, 5:33 AM
It's said that Lance and Clair are cousins, though.

rockyrules
30th March 2005, 5:56 AM
^^^ makes sence but in which episode, i gave up on the anime after charizard left ash....

Blackjack Gabbiani
30th March 2005, 6:28 AM
Wasn't in the show, but it's been confirmed in the games. Unless there's another Dragon Clan member who's the Blackthorn GL. With the time difference between FR/LG and G/S/C, there may be...but it's unlikely.

rockyrules
30th March 2005, 6:46 AM
which, sorry for all the questions, game, i dont remember as i mostly play the first-gen games...

Blackjack Gabbiani
30th March 2005, 8:31 AM
FR/LG they say it.

rockyrules
31st March 2005, 12:50 AM
well i must have missed something maybe i read through the text to fast or just missed it...as i know i have done everything in LG

Explosion
23rd April 2005, 4:57 PM
Maybe, Ash and Molly are brother and sister. And Richie might be from the orange islands. Remember that Orange island gym leader said she had a son that looked like ash.

Blackjack Gabbiani
23rd April 2005, 5:48 PM
Except we see a sequence that shows her son. I'll grant that he could be from the OI, but he's not Luana's kid.

Kveran
23rd April 2005, 10:53 PM
Arrrrright. Finally decided to jump in just for fun, since I've got a pretty whacked-up family tree diagrammed out for my fic-verse and I thought somebody might find it funny. (Note that everything here is based off of the second-generation games.)

To begin with, we've got three siblings. Two of them, Kinny and Kalri, are just names holding positions; the third is Oak. Kinny is Lance's mother, Kalri Clair's, and Oak... well, here's where the fun starts. Way back in the day, Oak and Agatha of the first-gen Elite were married; they divorced because of "mutual difficulties" (in other words, Oak was spending too much time in his lab, and Agatha had gone slightly insane.) Anyway, these two had four kids. Their oldest was Karin. Next came twin sons, Morty and Will; if it's possible, they were even more effed-over than their mother, and she's quite a nutcase herself. The youngest daughter was Sabrina.

Lance ended up marrying Lorelei, and the two of them had a son: Kamon (aka, the GSC rival.) Kamon was kind of ornery, and after a fight with his parents, he ended up running away from their home in Indigo and hitchhiking his way over to Johto, where we met him peering through the window of Birch's lab. Understandably, Lance and Lorelei were quite upset by this. Lorelei took a sabbatical from the Elite to go look on one region, while Lance quickly tossed his position as fourth Elite to his cousin Karin and headed off to the other. But by the time that Lance actually caught up with his son, Kamon had gotten wise to him. By wrestling with his Sneasel and the Croconaw he had stolen as a Totodile from Birch, he managed to incur enough scratches on his face to disguise his features, and stuck his hair up under a baseball cap. Between disguising his physical appearance and the way his voice had changed when he hit puberty, he was able to elude his dad. (He was just having too much fun out there on his own!) Finally, after defeating his rival Gold at one of Indigo's tournaments, Kamon defeated the Elite Four (including his uncle and aunt Karin and Will; though by this time Kamon wasn't bothering to hide his identity any longer, he'd been away for so long that they didn't recognize him either) only to find that his father, having ceded his position to Karin, was currently standing as the Champion of the League. Oops. Needless to say, Lance was rather irritated with his son... who later ended up marrying Jasmine of the Olivine City gym and having one son, Steven.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the family, Clair and Karin had cheerfully ignored the fact that they were cousins and were carrying on a romantic relationship, while Karin's sister Sabrina was off working for Team Rocket's Giovanni.

Giovanni, by the way, was a bit irritated at this point in time, because one of his most trustworthy Elites, a woman named Delia with whom he'd been sleeping, had handed in her two weeks' notice- two weeks late- and split. Feeling a bit betrayed, Giovanni decided to alienate himself from the world, catapult Team Rocket into new heights, et-cetera... until he realized that the Rocket Elite who had taken Delia's place, a psychic by the name of Sabrina, was really quite attractive, and the rest was history.

When Team Rocket fell about ten years later and Giovanni resigned, he had a huge price on his head as a fugitive from the Indigo Insulae police. After a few close calls, he and Sabrina decided to say good riddance to bad rubbish, and Sabrina used her powers as a Psychic master to teleport herself, Giovanni, and the twins she was unknowingly carrying about two generations into the future (about ten years before the third-gen games.) When Tate and Liza were born in Hoenn, they knew nothing about their parents’ less-than-reputable past, and neither of the ex-Rockets- who were currently amusing themselves by controlling teams Aqua and Magma- were about to tell their kids that Mommy and Daddy weren’t as nice to everyone as they were to their kids.

On the other side of the planet, Delia was having a bit of a problem. She and Giovanni had never really worried about that whole contraceptive thing, and now she had twins of her own. Overwhelmed, she put one of the two up for adoption, and kept the other son, whom she named Ash.

Her other son was adopted by Oak, who had been alienated from his own children for several years, and so there was no one around to tell young Gary that Oak really wasn’t his grandfather after all.

Joe
27th April 2005, 5:51 PM
maybe ash's dad is just a trainer that's stil exploring the pokemon world? he doesn't have to be dead or giovanni ya no!! ;037;

Alfonso
27th April 2005, 5:54 PM
Say, what about Koga? I was playing FR, and I came across that girl claiming to be Koga's daughter. Except, when I checked in the Fame Checker, it says that her name is 'Charine'. Yeah, I know it's like 'Janine', but... well, it's not THE same, is it? :P

Could it be that Koga has two daughters? XD

That Scary Clefairy
27th April 2005, 6:03 PM
Say, what about Koga? I was playing FR, and I came across that girl claiming to be Koga's daughter. Except, when I checked in the Fame Checker, it says that her name is 'Charine'. Yeah, I know it's like 'Janine', but... well, it's not THE same, is it? :P

Could it be that Koga has two daughters? XD

I thought she doesn't appear untill Gold and Silver where she does take over the gym?

Alfonso
27th April 2005, 6:26 PM
I thought she doesn't appear untill Gold and Silver where she does take over the gym?

She didn't appear until Gold and Silver. But a younger (Obviously... although, the sprite used for her has her with brown/dark red hair.) Janine also appears in FR/LG after you beat the Elite Four. She's hanging around near the Safari Zone... behind the Chansey.

hurricane of light
3rd May 2005, 11:42 PM
this may sound a bit strange,onorthodox, and/or (insert another word 4 strange), buthere goes:
i always imagined ash's dad to be named cham & he was an elite 4 champion. i also imagined ash had a brother named grahm who had a kecleon and a tropius
dont ask...............

NightWalker
6th May 2005, 5:49 AM
Since many people stated that some characters parents are dead, maybe they are part of the human enhancement proyect and their souls live inside the eva units that Ash and other character are destined to pilot... wait a minute....! that was neo genesis evangelion!.... LOL! :D

Alfonso
6th May 2005, 1:15 PM
Since many people stated that some characters parents are dead, maybe they are part of the human enhancement proyect and their souls live inside the eva units that Ash and other character are destined to pilot... wait a minute....! that was neo genesis evangelion!.... LOL! :D

...Human Instrumentality Project. Neon Genesis Evangelion. XD

An interesting thought, though, and one that I, and many other people, have pondered.

Ash= Shinji
Misty= Asuka
Rei= May (She sounds like Delia, Ash's Mother, in the Dub. XD)
Jessie= Misato
James= Kaji
Richie= Kaworu

:3

Just a thought. XD [/offtopic]

That Scary Clefairy
6th May 2005, 2:02 PM
...Human Instrumentality Project. Neon Genesis Evangelion. XD

An interesting thought, though, and one that I, and many other people, have pondered.

Ash= Shinji
Misty= Asuka
Rei= May (She sounds like Delia, Ash's Mother, in the Dub. XD)
Jessie= Misato
James= Kaji
Richie= Kaworu

:3

Just a thought. XD [/offtopic]

You forgot one major one!
Giovanni=Gendo!
and Cassidy= Ritsuko

QuietLugia
19th May 2005, 6:01 PM
Delia's past! >:D (Yes, prepare for a wierd theory)

Delia was the youngest of two kids. She never really knew her brother, as he kept himself locked in his room, planning world domination. (seriouly) She was close to her father, and when she was 7, her parents split. She demanded that she lived with her dad, and hated her name (her mom named her) so she shortened it to Dee. Her father never really made much money with the fossil study he did. Dee went to school worrying about him, and met Ash's father there. The two became friends, and Blair (Ash's dad) helped her through her depression about her father. Coincidently, her dad found a rare silver plate that got him promoted, so there was never a money shortage again.
Now for the interesting theory:

Delia's mom: Madame boss.
Sooo....
Her brother: GIOVIANNI!!! (Yes I'm crazy)

umbreonguy
21st May 2005, 4:25 AM
actually I happen to be ash's mom... :P

NightWalker
21st May 2005, 4:43 AM
actually I happen to be ash's mom... :Pthis is even weirder since you are umbreonGUY!!

umbreonguy
21st May 2005, 5:10 AM
oops i ment his dad (wow how embarrasing...)

Emma Iveli
21st May 2005, 5:59 AM
Well I have a funny idea if Giovanni is Ash's dad I think one of these things would happen:

(Ash and Giovanni are in a place that looks like the place in The Empire Strike Back)
Giovanni: Ash, I am your Father*

After that I have two versions:

Version 1:

Ash (luahging a little): Hey this is kind of like Star Wars
Givanni (Laughing a little): Hey your right.
(after laughing they begin to battle)

Version 2:

Ash (confused): Wait your my father? Wait is that in the scirpt?
Giovanni (lloks at the scirpt): Uh... yeah. Wait this page is from the second Star Wars movie even with me cutting off your hand.
Ash: Where's the writter?
Writter (looks around then runs away): You can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread man!

Well for real I think his dad was just some random trainer.

NightWalker
21st May 2005, 6:50 AM
oops i ment his dad (wow how embarrasing...)http://web.tiscali.it/fabioracco2/images/Whois16.gif Ha Ha!

ash_forever
21st May 2005, 6:45 PM
what about gary´s parents! there is nothing mentioned in the show...perhaps ASH and gary are brothers and have the same father...! who knows?

propeacex
24th May 2005, 2:51 AM
oops i ment his dad (wow how embarrasing...)

Nah yo, stick with being his mom :P

Professor Ivy
24th May 2005, 1:56 PM

You'll right about imagination, it a fan's choose, who they think is Satoshi's father. For me I believe it Givoanni. But that just me. I still think that Ookaido and Uchikido belong together. It about you'll imagination, and you'll believe and what not...

So mine question is... "Who care who Satoshi's father is?"

T.Z
24th May 2005, 3:51 PM
For those of you who say that Prof.Oak is Ash's father, stop and think for awhile. Gary is, by looks, a bit older than Ash. Prof. Oak is Gary's Grandpa. If Prof. Oak would be Ash's father then something is really ****ed up. That would make Ash Gary's uncle which just isn't right. I support the Norman theory.

I also believe that Pikachu is loaded with "Legendary power" like somebody earlier (How is a little electric mouse able to beat several larger, tougher foes?). But someone said that TR wants Pikachu because it may be Legendary classified, but i doubt that Jessie and James even know what kind of Pokémon Pikachu is. They want because him because they think he's so good. If i would be on TR i would stop following Ash and co. because Jessie and James could have caugth/stole/buyed/whatever a lot of Pokémons by the time that has passed now.

A little off-topic question: How many days/months/years has passed with the show/movies?

NightWalker
24th May 2005, 6:49 PM
For those of you who say that Prof.Oak is Ash's father, stop and think for awhile. Gary is, by looks, a bit older than Ash. Prof. Oak is Gary's Grandpa. If Prof. Oak would be Ash's father then something is really ****ed up. That would make Ash Gary's uncle which just isn't right. I support the Norman theory.

I also believe that Pikachu is loaded with "Legendary power" like somebody earlier (How is a little electric mouse able to beat several larger, tougher foes?). But someone said that TR wants Pikachu because it may be Legendary classified, but i doubt that Jessie and James even know what kind of Pokémon Pikachu is. They want because him because they think he's so good. If i would be on TR i would stop following Ash and co. because Jessie and James could have caugth/stole/buyed/whatever a lot of Pokémons by the time that has passed now.

A little off-topic question: How many days/months/years has passed with the show/movies?1) doesn't they say in the show that the very day a boy turns ten, (s)he is allowed to get his first Pokemon and his(er) License as a Pokemon Trainer? That means that Ash, Gary, and the other 2 kids that got their Pokemon from Oak the same day as Ash had they birthdays that same day
2) I don't think Oak is Ash's father either
3) Pikachu having legendary powers? that's the theory about Pikachu dying and Ho-oH flying above them? It might be a possibility, but Pikachu had two early major charge ups: the one with the bike and the other pikas in the pokemon center in viridian city, and then the one in the windmill in pewter, my guess is that those charge ups had helped pikachu's powers!
4) TR aware of something? I don't think so! ^^ bu they do follow pikachu for some reason (maybe they're just obsesed) but there've been times when they wanted to stop following pikachu because they see another pokemon that has beaten pikachu and they say it's not that powerfull after all.

Darato
4th June 2005, 6:36 AM
I think ash's dad i one of the one of the guys on the tv in the frist ep.

Heat~Wave
20th June 2005, 9:46 PM
This may sound a little carzy but bare with me.....i've seen posts about Ho-oh being Ash's parent but what if........Mewtwo was Ash's parent. I mean it makes a little sence. Mewtwo could have been human at one point in time and Giovanni kidnapped him to alter is DNA form DNA form Mew. Which explains why he talks. Your probably thinking he can talk because he's psychic but if that was true why didn't mew or any other psychic Pokemon talk before? Also Ash wasn't all that fameous when he recieved the invitation from Dragonite. Maybe Mewtwo(or Ash's father) sent his son(Ash) an invite to see him grown up.

Or..........perhaps Ash's father and Giovanni were brothers and when Ash was born Ash's father left for Viridian City(which took him 4 days) because ash's father recieved word that Giovanni retrieved DNA from Mew and Ash's father willingly became the test dummy to be injected with mew's DNA?

Blackjack Gabbiani
20th June 2005, 9:48 PM
Um...so how come we see Baby Mewtwo?

Fullmetal_Alchemist
20th June 2005, 10:49 PM
Ash was born years before Mewtwo was even created, and as Blackjack said, we've seen the baby Mewtwo.

Mewtwo doesn't speak, he communicates via telepathy, and he was created entirely from Mew's DNA.

I think it's Giovanni.

T.Z
23rd June 2005, 4:55 PM
I believe Ash has a twin brother. Check out destiny Deoxys, Fight Between Ash/Tori vs Rafe/Sid and look a few seats down under Max, Brock and May.

Evidence: Ash's Twin Brother! (http://img220.echo.cx/img220/2888/ash22xy.png)

It might be unclear to see him but if you see Destiny Deoxys sometime, look closely in the audience directly under Max, Brock and May.

Darato
26th June 2005, 8:17 AM
It's just one of the many TV shows questons we will never know like how come the Professor on Gilligan's Island could not fix the hole in the boat but could do many othear things if just about everthing.

Kuji
1st July 2005, 5:06 AM
I believe Ash has a twin brother. Check out destiny Deoxys, Fight Between Ash/Tori vs Rafe/Sid and look a few seats down under Max, Brock and May.

Evidence: Ash's Twin Brother! (http://img220.echo.cx/img220/2888/ash22xy.png)

It might be unclear to see him but if you see Destiny Deoxys sometime, look closely in the audience directly under Max, Brock and May.
He kind of does... i don't know, i kind of support the whole "Ash's dad being some random trainer bum"...

I mean, if Giovanni was his father, wouldn't he have tried to make contact directly to HIM and not because of Mewtwo. ;058;

Blackjack Gabbiani
1st July 2005, 6:22 AM
Not necessarily. You gotta imagine that someone like Giovanni wouldn't be big on commitment.

NightWalker
1st July 2005, 6:46 AM
It's just one of the many TV shows questons we will never know like how come the Professor on Gilligan's Island could not fix the hole in the boat but could do many othear things if just about everthing.Wasn't he the one that invented the coconut radio? :D why not a coconut ship hull patch! :D or coconut oil solder glue? :D

Geki
1st July 2005, 1:52 PM
Ash's Father is Giovanni. The reason Giovanni left the Viridian Gym is to go and find Ash to tell; him he's his real father.

Blackjack Gabbiani
1st July 2005, 10:47 PM
Hey, I'm a Diamondshipper too, but that makes no sense whatsoever.

Monster
14th July 2005, 3:20 PM
Ash: Deliah and some random guy
May: Norman and Caroline
Max: Norman and Caroline
Brock: Flint and Misuho

That's all I know for now.

Kefka
25th July 2005, 12:20 AM
This is something I thought of while watching 4 episodes of the 1st series.

Why was Giovanni's face always hidden?

Then while watching "Mewtwo Returns" Giovanni and Ash never really make eye contact, which is strange.

Then my crazy thoughts took over.

Could Giovanni be Ash's Dad?

According to a trainer in the Rocket Base on 5 island (a scientist) Giovanni's son has red hair. I thought he meant Gary but in the Anime Giovanni and Gary battle without either saying a word to each other.

My theory is simple. Giovanni is always hidden from Ash. Misty and Brock see him in Mewtwo Returns but they'll hardly know what he looks like.

Who pays for Ash's house? His mother doesn't have a job(as far as we know)

For the next part let's assume I'm right

Before Giovanni leaves Pallet town on Ash's 9th birthday he tells Ash all about Pokemon and his plans to become the Best. Ash(like most Japanese Children) idolise their parents and this is where Ash got the Trainer idea from. As he left, Delia and Ash cheered him on. Giovanni left Pallet a happy man. Unfortunately early in his journey he failed to catch any pokemon with his starter Meowth. After 3 days he approaches Viridian to meet another trainer. This trainer challenges Giovanni and beats him easily. Giovanni returns to Pallet to sulk until he looks skyward. He see's Ho-Oh fly over him. His heart became enflamed with Vigour.

"I shall create the ultimate team of Pokemon and humans. I will collect every rare pokemon in existance and become the greatest trainer ever." as he watches Ho-Oh dissappear something flies overhead.

"A rocket????"

"Hey Mister. I need my rocket back. I'm showing my Zubat team to fly like rockets" said an 8 year old behind him. Giovanni gives the child his Rocket and smiles.

"Thanks my Boy. You've given me the Perfect idea" smiled Giovanni. And on that day, Team Rocket was born.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

another theory I have is tthat Giovanni is Prof Oak's son but i need to research this a bit more. Opinions on Giovanni and Ash WANTED

Blackjack Gabbiani
25th July 2005, 12:24 AM
Except that, as has been stated time and again, Giovanni didn't found the Rockets. We don't know who did, but his mother was the leader before him.

Kefka
25th July 2005, 12:41 AM
in which episode do we hear about Giovanni's mother(just curious)

Blackjack Gabbiani
25th July 2005, 12:47 AM
Not in an episode, but in a CD drama. That's the same place we hear about Jesse's mother, who was a Rocket as well.

King_Kratos
25th July 2005, 1:27 AM
I know this is crazy, but maybe Giovanni isn't evil. I know the games would hardly cross with the anime, but after you beat Giovanni in Fire Red, he turns good. Maybe, he is Ash's dad.

Blackjack Gabbiani
25th July 2005, 1:28 AM
What would his position on the moral compass have to do with him being related to anyone? And he's EVIL. Didn't you see Mewtwo Returns? He's a sadistic freak who lives for power.

King_Kratos
25th July 2005, 1:29 AM
Yeah, well that is true

King_Kratos
25th July 2005, 1:31 AM
But Ash easily learns from his mistake, like Giovanni in the game.

Blackjack Gabbiani
25th July 2005, 1:33 AM
In the games, Giovanni is a far different person. He's more of a corrupt businessman than the Caligula-like person he is on the show.

King_Kratos
25th July 2005, 1:40 AM
And yet again, you're right

lordrgn4
26th July 2005, 7:18 AM
The thing about Delia's economic issues is a good point, I mean as far as we know shes a gardener, Ash doesn't even call her to our knoledge (much less send her money) and if Ash's father was a random trainer/loser then he wouldn't be able to raise enough money for support. I just had a crazy thought maybe Giovanni sent Delia the Mr. Mime as a gift but it got lost and somehow wounded up in Pallet town. Giovanni and Ash never really do meet as far as knoledge of each other's existence...
And maybe Delia has been hiding most of her life from Ash. Maybe once a month or so...Delia takes a trip to Viridian city to meet "her" man.

Tyafu
27th July 2005, 4:58 PM
As I have said on amother thread I believe that Norman is Ash's fathers. Here are the facts that lead me to believe this:

1. If you look at Ash, May and Max they are both likely to working in the three main areas of pokemon, either training to become a Gym Leader of Pokemon master, breeding pokemon to their best ability or studying pokemon. With Ash you can see that he would be perfect as a Gym leader in around 5 or 6 years, with May she is obviously training for pokemon contests which involves training her pokemon to the best of their ability, like a breeder. Finally with Max he is a expert of pokemon and would probably follow in the footsteps of Gary Oak in terms of starting of as a trainer, collecting badges, but then moving on into the field of studying pokemon. So with Ash, May and Max they all are concerned with the three main areas of pokemon, coincident, I don't think so. Ash is obviously Norman son.

2. It would explain why Norman (if he is Ash's father) never return back to Pallet Town, as after leaving Deliah he travelled around and meet Caroline and married her.

3. If you look at the age difference between Ash and May you could say that it was about 3 or 4 years. If Norman left Deliah when Ash was just born, by the time he had travelled around, met Caroline, married her, and had May it would most likely have been 3 or 4 years. If it took Norman 2 years of travelling, around other places before Houen, then met Caroline and after a year got married, then about a year for May to be born then it would tie in with perfectly from the time Ash's father left. Again another point backing up my theory.

4. If Norman was Ash's father and, like in my previous point he left when Ash was young, it would explain why Ash wouldn't recognise him and visa versa.

5. It would explain where Ash gets his rare abilities from, seeing as Norman is a Gym Leader he does need to be a good trainer.

6. Norman battle strategy is a lot like Ash when he started off, he relys on winning with brut strength and power. This is how Ash used to battle as he also relied on his pokemon using powerful attacks to help him win.

So this is why I think Norman is Ash's father. I could go into more detail with some of my points but you would probably get bored of reading it.

Very nice cause we don't know Mays last name... Maybe the whole family knows but are keeping it a secret until later series.
If it is true watch Ash kiss May not knowing they are related...

This is something I thought of while watching 4 episodes of the 1st series.

Why was Giovanni's face always hidden?

Then while watching "Mewtwo Returns" Giovanni and Ash never really make eye contact, which is strange.

Then my crazy thoughts took over.

Could Giovanni be Ash's Dad?

According to a trainer in the Rocket Base on 5 island (a scientist) Giovanni's son has red hair. I thought he meant Gary but in the Anime Giovanni and Gary battle without either saying a word to each other.

My theory is simple. Giovanni is always hidden from Ash. Misty and Brock see him in Mewtwo Returns but they'll hardly know what he looks like.

For the next part let's assume I'm right

Before Giovanni leaves Pallet town on Ash's 9th birthday he tells Ash all about Pokemon and his plans to become the Best. Ash(like most Japanese Children) idolise their parents and this is where Ash got the Trainer idea from. As he left, Delia and Ash cheered him on. Giovanni left Pallet a happy man. Unfortunately early in his journey he failed to catch any pokemon with his starter Meowth. After 3 days he approaches Viridian to meet another trainer. This trainer challenges Giovanni and beats him easily. Giovanni returns to Pallet to sulk until he looks skyward. He see's Ho-Oh fly over him. His heart became enflamed with Vigour.

"I shall create the ultimate team of Pokemon and humans. I will collect every rare pokemon in existance and become the greatest trainer ever." as he watches Ho-Oh dissappear something flies overhead.

"A rocket????"

"Hey Mister. I need my rocket back. I'm showing my Zubat team to fly like rockets" said an 8 year old behind him. Giovanni gives the child his Rocket and smiles.

"Thanks my Boy. You've given me the Perfect idea" smiled Giovanni. And on that day, Team Rocket was

The person with red hair is your rival in G/S/C

intergalactic platypus
27th July 2005, 6:37 PM
i think oaks ashes father. he cares more about ash then his own grandson, which i think is more signifigant then just his friendship with the young oak in the fourth movie. also i am an eldershipper and believe oak and delilah have been carrying on an affair for years

Shonen Hop
31st July 2005, 5:32 PM
Ash is not the son of Giovanni. However, Silver/Whatever he's called in the anime is Giovanni's son. In one of the 6 entries for Giovanni on the Fame Checker in Fire Red/Leaf Green it says "You... you're not Giovanni's kid are you? No, that can't be right. Giovanni's kid had red hair." So Silver could be his son.

Blackjack Gabbiani
31st July 2005, 7:50 PM
He could be Ash's father on the SHOW. The show has been known to disregard plots from the games entirely (Sillph Co, anyone?), so they could throw away the redheaded kid plot.

Or you never know, the redheaded kid could be someone else on the show. The only timeline where we KNOW it's the rival is Special.

NightWalker
1st August 2005, 2:51 AM
He could be Ash's father on the SHOW. The show has been known to disregard plots from the games entirely (Sillph Co, anyone?), so they could throw away the redheaded kid plot.

Or you never know, the redheaded kid could be someone else on the show. The only timeline where we KNOW it's the rival is Special.

the redhead kid shows up in the show in the yet unaired Raikou special...

MondoTR
1st August 2005, 12:03 PM
In one shot in the opening. Not in the actual episode.

Blackjack Gabbiani
2nd August 2005, 4:59 AM

Just in the opening, and it *has* been aired. And just because he's there doesn't mean he's the Boss' kid. He's *A* redheaded kid, but that doesn't mean he's *THE* redheaded kid. The show could go a different way then Special in that regard.

Jeimuzu
3rd August 2005, 3:28 PM
Jessie's mother was an agent in Team Rocket who disappeared while searching for Mew. I'm pretty sure her father hasn't been mentioned thus yet.

I also have a theory regarding Ash's relationship with Ho-oh. This gets a little bizarre, so try to follow along.

I think that Pikachu died while saving Ash from all those Spearow way back in episode one. Ho-oh, touched by this pokemon's willingness to give up it's own life to protect a human, used some of it's power to bring the little rodent back to life. Ho-oh put a little of itself into Pikachu, in the hopes that he and Ash would be able to help others come closer to their pokemon. This is why Ash-tachi is always finding themselves meeting up with people who are in need of help. It also is why rare pokemon, such as Suicune, tend to be drawn to his little group.

Pikachu is kind of like a legendary pokemon @_@

The bit about Pikachu explains alot to me... maybe that's why Giovanni wants Pikachu captured so much ?

Shonen Hop
4th August 2005, 7:26 AM
Originally Posted by Fizban

This infomation can be proven on a website call Team Rocket's Corner, where it also show pictures of them both.

And, I think Drake might be Lance's grandfather because on 1 of the entries about Lance from the fame checker it says "Lance's grandfather is thought to be the elder of a famous clan of dragon masters." Plus, one of the entries about Lance the fame checker says "From what I've heard, Lance has a cousin who's a Gym Leader somewhere far away." So I'm guessing that Lance is also related to Clair.

QuietLugia
4th August 2005, 7:44 AM

Income support, anyone? My mum and I live on that. The government in Britain pay you money to live. Or it's something like that.

Could it be possible that Misty is Gio's kid? As far as I'm aware, the gender wasn't confirmed.

I don't think Giovanni is Ash's father, but I do think they are related.Basically, long story cut short, Delia is Giovanni's sister. Ash's Uncle. >=D

NightWalker
6th August 2005, 2:32 AM
Income support, anyone? My mum and I live on that. The government in Britain pay you money to live. Or it's something like that.

Could it be possible that Misty is Gio's kid? As far as I'm aware, the gender wasn't confirmed.

I don't think Giovanni is Ash's father, but I do think they are related.Basically, long story cut short, Delia is Giovanni's sister. Ash's Uncle. >=D
That kind of explains what she was doing all the way from Cerulean to Viridian City when Ash first met Misty!! I'm not buying the "Just fishing" argument!! :)

Metagross
13th August 2005, 2:50 AM
According to FR/LG... Gideon in the Rocket Warehouse.... "You... You're not Giovanni's kid, are you? No, that can't be right. Giovanni's kid has red hair." -- Yeah, of course it's not confirmed that the Johto Rival Giovanni's son... but I mean come on... They can't obvioulsy be talking about Misty. If you play the game as the male character, then I mean come on, It makes no sense that Gideon would mistake the character for Misty, a female character. Plus, Misty's hair is more orange than red. And it basically confirms that Ash IS NOT Giovanni's kid... obviously he doesn't have red hair. =P

Unless, the GBA games are not in sync with the Anime... which is very possible. =P

Blackjack Gabbiani
13th August 2005, 6:15 AM
Or he has more than one kid. Something about his anime personality...

Metagross
13th August 2005, 3:05 PM
Yeah, he could have more than one kid... but still... I really doubt that Misty or Ash is Giovanni's kid...

mannyguy
24th August 2005, 9:35 PM
I remember something when I saw the extra features in POKEMON 4EVER. My guess is that the Japanese don't really care about that...cause in the dvd it said that the japanese don't really care about mysteries like whether OAK WAS SAMMY OR NOT..which he was. And the japanese added a few extra scenes so all the americans wouldn't go with the doubt that oak was indeed sammy..I don't know so maybe for all we know some of you guys could be right and the japanese just don't care about clearing it up...I don't know just a thought

POKEMON MASTER!
25th August 2005, 6:49 PM
Well personally I think gio is ash's dad im mean come on no offence but its just stupid if ho-oh is ash's father or somthing like that plus anyway no matter some of you say my opinion is that ash's father is gio I know I dont got proof I just have a feeling about that its true

P.S on a side note in the magna gio's son is silver not the anim'e because their tottaly different

shadow_flyer
2nd September 2005, 9:03 PM
;197;So that makes Ash Garys Uncle? LOLOLOLOLOLOL. I'm not laughing at your quote, just what if Ash, Gary, Oak and Deliah know that and thats why Ash and Gary hated each other?

After reading ALL the posts, I'm going with: Delia is a New(NOT Mew) legend pokemon, disuised as a human, with Ho-oh as Ash's dad(all the "Pichu can breed with Minun" type stuff).

;250; THE STORY: Ho-oh was looking for a new home after the Tower burned down, and met Delia in PKmon form, fell in love, yada yada yada. Years later they had Ash, but, as Delia had changed to Human form so many times, he was born as a Human. Well, needless to say, that caused a few problems("Why do those Pokemon have a Human baby?!?!?!?" ect, ect.). So, Delia changed to human form and went to Pallet Town, met Oak, said 'Ash's dad dumped me' Oak felt sorry, gave her a house he had already payed for(no need for an income), and said 'I'll take care of you and your kid untill you get yourself a job'. Delia sells the Veges from the garden to get money, Oak still takes care of most of the stuff 'cus Delia plays the 'useless, weaker sex' thing to the limit(no I don't think girls are Useless OR 'The Weaker Sex', but some guys do, so Delia played on that), raised Ash, made him want to be a Trainer so Ash wouldn't be scared when he found out that Ho-oh was his Dad, Ash became a Trainer and the rest is history. BTW, Ash sees Ho-oh 'cus his dad is following him to make sure Ash dosen't get TOO hurt b-fore Mom and Dad tell him the big news ;250; .

*Hypeventilates* What do you think? *cringes in fear of the expected mob* That is the LAST time I'm gonna wright so much in one post, so......... ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;197;

Murgatroyd
3rd September 2005, 2:18 AM
This isn't a chat room. You need not be impatient when no one answers for a while.

shadow_flyer
3rd September 2005, 2:20 AM
sorry. what do you think about my theory

shadow_flyer
3rd September 2005, 2:23 AM
G2G. bye, all.

Momoko Lover
3rd September 2005, 2:24 AM
Ridiculous. Ho-oh being Ash's father is the most absurd thing I've ever heard. The only person I would think of being Ash's father is a regular pokemon trainer that left Delia and never came back.

shadow_flyer
3rd September 2005, 7:43 PM
Well, it's no more rediculis than Mewtwo being his dad! and anyway, I was just having fun. Heavin forbid I have fun!

QuietLugia
9th September 2005, 8:15 AM
V__V;; I know I'm not a mod, but shadow_flyer, could you please not double post. Clicky that little button called 'Edit post' instead. =3 thanks.
~~~~
Erm, according to my Ash's father theory,Prof Oak, is NOT his dad. It's just....sick to me. Neither is Giovanni, as I have explained before. I think his father is......
This is going to be a little bit complicated.
Someone who we've never met before....as a human. As a Pokemon, yes. Not Ho-oh, but Ho-oh's rival. Yes, that Beast of the Sea, Lugia. I find it easier to believe that Ash's dad, aherm, "died", but was re-incarnated as Lugia, and something went wrong with the re-incarnation so he could still turn back into a human.
Delia thought her husband had gone missing, but deep down, she knew he was dead (but we all know he isn't really...) so she felt that if she told Ash, she would be confirming his father's death. And she doesn't want to do that, does she?

Go on mock my ideas, but I'm just putting in my theory. :)

pika_power
10th September 2005, 10:50 AM
1) doesn't they say in the show that the very day a boy turns ten, (s)he is allowed to get his first Pokemon and his(er) License as a Pokemon Trainer? That means that Ash, Gary, and the other 2 kids that got their Pokemon from Oak the same day as Ash had they birthdays that same day
2) I don't think Oak is Ash's father either
3) Pikachu having legendary powers? that's the theory about Pikachu dying and Ho-oH flying above them? It might be a possibility, but Pikachu had two early major charge ups: the one with the bike and the other pikas in the pokemon center in viridian city, and then the one in the windmill in pewter, my guess is that those charge ups had helped pikachu's powers!
4) TR aware of something? I don't think so! ^^ bu they do follow pikachu for some reason (maybe they're just obsesed) but there've been times when they wanted to stop following pikachu because they see another pokemon that has beaten pikachu and they say it's not that powerfull after all.

what about the spearow shock? That was a lot of energy but it did leave pikachu very weak.

I just realized ashes father is still alive! at the pokemon center phone call in the second episode ashes Mother said it took his father 4 days to reach viridian He WILL be so pround the will implies he is still alive and would be a trainer.

RedJirachi
26th October 2005, 9:02 AM
Who is Ash's farther?It's not Giovanni,because a manga episode showed his "son".It can't be Drake,he has red hair.I hope time uncoveres the mysterious Mr Ketchum,and his Pokemon.Maybe there's more about Ash than we thought..

MondoTR
26th October 2005, 11:41 AM
It can't be Drake,he has red hair.
You can't go by hair color.

RedJirachi
28th October 2005, 5:33 AM
You can't go by hair color.I think Ash's farther is Bruno.

Fofa
21st November 2005, 12:48 AM
I don't think who family members were was one of Pokemon's biggest concerns when it came out to be honest.

Wrigley\'s Extra
21st November 2005, 2:06 AM
rukario is ash's dad cuz they both ugly, its genetics

Fofa
21st November 2005, 4:58 AM
I was also thinking: If Silver (GSC rival), in terms of anime, was Giovanni's son, and Ash had the same dad, that would make them half-siblings. And I don't think Nintendo wants to spread that kind of info their targeted audience. ^^;

girly
21st November 2005, 11:44 PM
I think Lance might be Ash's dad cause he tells Ash to stay out of trouble and seems to worry about him. Richie seems likely to be Ash's brother.

Blackjack Gabbiani
22nd November 2005, 1:23 AM
I was also thinking: If Silver (GSC rival), in terms of anime, was Giovanni's son, and Ash had the same dad, that would make them half-siblings. And I don't think Nintendo wants to spread that kind of info their targeted audience. ^^;

What's wrong with half-siblings? There's nothing adult about that, no more than regular siblings.

Fofa
22nd November 2005, 3:43 AM
The fact that half-siblings only share one of two parents for the kid. It's usually done pretty much behind the other parent's back as well.

Blackjack Gabbiani
22nd November 2005, 7:41 AM
Um, no, there's a little thing called divorce...

Angeling
23rd November 2005, 5:41 PM
Heh in a way that would explain why we see Ho-Oh in the first Episode (was first right?) but most things are better left unsolved

Odd topic, but oh well. For that, I think that Ho-Oh appearing so much to Satoshi/Ash might have to do with the games. If you know, and I assume everyone does, that Ho-Oh is carrying the Sacred Ash. Note the name here and the dubbed. Sacred Ash revives all your party Pokémon to full health, and that's what Ho-Oh did in the anime. Well, just revived three Pokémon to become Suicune, Entei, and Raikou. And Ho-Oh's dream is the day when humans and Pokémon can live in harmony, and be equal, etcetc. Something like Ho-Oh watching over the character in Colosseum. And in the anime, who shows that the most? Ho-Oh's dream, I mean. Satoshi/Ash. =)

At least, that's my guess for why Ho-Oh is following Ash.. but maybe I'm wrong, since I just read somewhere (maybe Serebii.net) that Ash saw Ho-Oh flying toward Hoenn.. and decided to go there. How and why and when, I don't know. I still want to get the episodes in Johto first, even if it'd be dubbed.

But more on parential (is that a word? I dunno) topic for here, I don't know who Ash's parents are.. No idea or guesses. And about the birthdays, didn't they already say that Shigeru/Gary and Ash have the same birth dates? Even so, maybe it's made on purpose by Satoshi Tajiri not to reveal Ash's father. Who has Mr. Tajiri's biography? Maybe that'll tell us something.. *shrug*

Edward Prior
13th December 2005, 8:28 PM
I've had an idea that would work quite well. IMO i dont think Ho-oh could be Ash's father, that's just wierd! But, the three beings who died in that tower who Ho-oh resurrected might have been people, and one may have been Ash's father! Possibly Suicune, as he seems to help Ash alot in the Anime, or mabye Entei, as in the 2nd movie, when asked to find that girl a mother, he choose Delia. Ho-oh is guarding Ash by one of the dog's request, to keep his son safe. Also, the others may have been Gary's Dad or Mum.

rinygrin
15th December 2005, 2:38 PM
I always thought maybe Ash's father was riding on the back of Ho-oh? Or is that just me o.O? As refering to the first episode...but I still think Oak is Ash's dad...which would be hilarious and just laughable, but I can see it...semi see it.

SBaby
18th December 2005, 6:46 PM
Ho-Oh can't be Ash's father. The FCC would go ballistic!

But, Ash's father could be Giovanni. Remember the cliche:

Luke, I am Your Overly Used Cliche (Muu Principle)

Much like RPGs, at least one main character in the Anime will have a father (or mother) that is one of the major villains, or just a nut job in general. Unlike RPGs, the character will often look nothing like the person said to be their parent, and often nothing like their other parent, either(yet they'll always believe what the person tells them). This brings up the question of whether most Anime heroes are adopted?

Misty's parents are interesting, because you never really see them in the series. One theory is that they died when she was young. Another says that they don't like Pokemon, so they won't have anything to do with her or her sisters. I've actually seen Fics referencing this. In fact, I'll be using this in Cerulean City in my Fic later on.

Brock seems to have made up with his father, but his mother is apparently dead, so that one is tied up.

Max and May have the Gym Leader for a father. I can't remember if they mentioned a mother or not.

Blackjack Gabbiani
19th December 2005, 2:01 AM
Brock's mother is alive. She was in one of the HoSos.

I still can't believe there's people who don't know that yet.

MondoTR
19th December 2005, 10:51 AM
Caroline is Max and May's mom.

Ohtachi
19th December 2005, 11:23 AM
This infomation can be proven on a website call Team Rocket's Corner, where it also show pictures of them both.

Yes, it can be proven. Here is the link to Team Rocket's Corner.
http://www.geocities.com/flameluvstr/trmembersf.html

UberSorcerer
1st January 2006, 10:12 AM
ANIME AND GAMES DONT CROSS, DIFF CONTINUETY

Anyone though that maybe Sakaki (Giovanni) was intended to be Shigeru (Gary) 's father in the original character development?

Makes sense. In the games, a Rocket grunt says that Giovanni's kid has red hair (remember orangey-looking hair is often called red hair). Roketto Dan seems not to follow Shigeru as harshly as Satoshi (Ash, obviously), who is just some meddling kid. If Satoshi was Sakaki's son, then HE would get protection. And Shigeru becomes the Gym Leader in Viridian (applies to Janine being Fuschia's Gym leader, as she's Kouga's daughter, why not apply it to Shigeru?)

But that would mean Yukinari Orchid (Samuel Oak) is Sakaki's father. And it makes sense too, in some sort of (twisted) way.
Ok, He found it ABANDONED, but, I am glad someone else still has the R/B Ark, indeed, Rival has Redish brown hair, fits the games/Old George may be a DBD, yet GAMES Silver fits purrfectly

Here's a notion:
What if ash's dad is dead. I know its kinda sad to think about, but the show is based on the games, and in the games your dad is never revealed. I assume the same about anime Gary, who doesn't seem to have a sister although he does in the games.
Um Japan likes to have single mothers for some reason/ANIME TAKES BASICS OF GAMES, bangs head on hoenn, wants Brendan

Scary thing is the NGE stuff makes perfect sense, cept ash nearly has balls, and Old shinji's a tuggin perve

Um, TR implied its a guy, but FR/LG Player can be a gal possibility

I think Lance might be Ash's dad cause he tells Ash to stay out of trouble and seems to worry about him. Richie seems likely to be Ash's brother.
ANIME ONLY

as for my thoughts, Ash, ingame-???, Anime-Itll be George, face it, thayll rip of SW

PDL
12th January 2006, 8:56 PM
alright, I have to add this

Jennys and Joys: nearly every child born into their families will act simlair and take up the same profession. Jennies becoming policewomen and Joys becomming nurses.

why is this? because they're genetically modified...

or because it makes a great running gag, because RPGs tend to have NPCs that look like clones or something...

Atoyont
17th January 2006, 2:27 AM
When Ash called his mom from Viridian his mom says that it took his father 4 days to reach Pallet. This implies that Delia knew Ash's father when they were young, so Ash's dad must be around the same age as Delia.

Mini Apocalypse
20th January 2006, 8:30 PM
.... not nessassarily.... you dont have to be the same age as some one to remeber them

Aptenodytes
5th February 2006, 5:53 AM
Wouldnt it be cool if Misty was related to Nurse Joy? :D *the randomness*

^^Yoshinichi^^
14th February 2006, 12:10 AM
^That remind's me. I saw a pic on Poke'sho that has something kinda like that..http://www.pokesho.com/ira/raikou.html
Here you can see that an Officer Jenny is waving goodbye to Marina,and noticed they had similia hairstyles,which could point to them being related.
I know it's fan made,but who knows?

crobatconey/leafeon lunatic
21st February 2006, 1:26 PM
Remember that gym leader on the OI that thought Ash was her son? Well I think she's actually Richie's son, it makes perfect sense! The Pikachu, the looks, everything

Cybernetic Angel
23rd February 2006, 11:49 PM
Ah, discussing on one's parental origins... classic.

Anyway, I myself support the theory of Ash's father being, of course, your normal guy who was a Pokémon trainer, met Delia, married and conceived Ash, then he left. Note I said CONCEIVED, as he could have left before Ash was born, and as long as Delia didn't have an pictures of him, Ash would have no idea what his father looked like.

Personally, I imagine him looking like a mature Ash with dark blue eyes, and strangely enough, a Zero (http://www.atomic-fire.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=16&pos=35) ponytail. Yeah, Ash as the son of a bishi. It's crazy enough to work!

Divine_Light
18th March 2006, 7:25 PM
I think geovanni and the rockets was trying to take over pallet town while prof. oak and ash's dad were protecting the town, well i think ash's dad was killed by geovanni before ash was born.

Ho-oh probably saw ash's dad being killed and wanted to protect the ketchums
or
Ash's dad came back as ho-oh and wants to protect ash (like the movie jack frost)

HoennMaster
19th March 2006, 7:32 AM
that's an interesting theory all right

Californian_DJ
30th March 2006, 9:40 PM
I think geovanni and the rockets was trying to take over pallet town while prof. oak and ash's dad were protecting the town, well i think ash's dad was killed by geovanni before ash was born.

Ho-oh probably saw ash's dad being killed and wanted to protect the ketchums
or
Ash's dad came back as ho-oh and wants to protect ash (like the movie jack frost)

now that's a theory I like. I doubt somebody would ever come up with it, but it would be so cool if they would. I've been wondering about this for a long time, and I still want to know who ash' dad is.

Divine_Light
31st March 2006, 1:38 PM
wow i didn't know people wouldn't have thought of that already

Sadib
6th April 2006, 12:02 AM
You guys are all crazy! Ash's dad is not a Pokemon. And he isn't Norman. He simply wasn't created yet. In most cartoons they don't reveal who main characters parent's are. It's just a cartoon. Give it a rest...

npdargy312
24th April 2006, 8:56 PM
idg what every1 is talking about...

Flamegon
26th April 2006, 3:58 PM
i think i going to stick with the things that are sure.