PDA

View Full Version : How come?

4 8 15 16 23 42
20th August 2006, 7:08 PM
How come the ability 'forecast' only works with Castform? I used skill swap on it and the other Pokemon didn't change.

I don't expect every pokemon to transform, but it was sunny, a Jigglypuff had the ability 'forecast', I used a water move on it and it wasn't super effective. I also know that if castform changes and then got skill swapped and then the weather changed it wouldn't transform, so what happens to the ability and how come it only works on Castform?

Jaster
21st August 2006, 12:21 AM
It is a weather pokemon, maybe ditto could have it two.

miken park
21st August 2006, 5:39 AM
Becuase Nintendo were too lazy to make seperate sprite for each pokemon, or maybe they forgot to program it in. =/

Prince_PJ
21st August 2006, 5:48 AM
Or maybe cause other Pokemon don't transform in the weather! GASP! What a concept!

I really love it when people use laziness against the game makers[/sarcasm]

Frankly, using Skill Swap on it is just taking away it's powers

Pikachu1125
21st August 2006, 8:01 AM
Well Castform is unique that way.

4 8 15 16 23 42
21st August 2006, 11:33 AM
Or maybe cause other Pokemon don't transform in the weather! GASP! What a concept!

I really love it when people use laziness against the game makers[/sarcasm]

Frankly, using Skill Swap on it is just taking away it's powers
I didn't mean why don't all pokemon transform I meant why don't they change their type. As I said a jigglypuff wasn't a water pokemon when it rained

DarkSpectrum
21st August 2006, 2:28 PM
I didn't mean why don't all pokemon transform I meant why don't they change their type. As I said a jigglypuff wasn't a water pokemon when it rained

because jigglypuff isn't a weather pokemon. Think of it this way: castform can physically change into the other type which is what forecast is. Skill swapping to another pokemon doesn't work because they cannot physically change into the other type. If jigglypuff could work that way then the only way it would become water type is to physically change itself into a water form.

4 8 15 16 23 42
21st August 2006, 2:50 PM
Okay then...
How come it works if you skill swap a kekleon then?

DarkSpectrum
21st August 2006, 2:55 PM
Okay then...
How come it works if you skill swap a kekleon then?
Does it? Well you could look at it similar... kecleon has the ability to change types anyways with its color change ability. Since it already has the ability to change type but in a different way, then it can work for kecleon.