PDA

View Full Version : Do you think?....

Rafear
21st August 2006, 4:03 AM
Do you think the japanese version of pokemon box would work with english GBA games? If you are interested in why i ask click this link
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-4e-49-en-70-2d9.html

Mega Trickster
21st August 2006, 4:10 AM
No it will not work, you must buy a Japanese version of R/S (which are on that site BTW).

Rafear
21st August 2006, 5:56 AM
No it will not work, you must buy a Japanese version of R/S (which are on that site BTW).

even with that freeloader tool? if so then it ruins my whole purpose for getting it..............

Pikachu1125
21st August 2006, 8:01 AM
Well it doesn't but it should.

Rafear
21st August 2006, 8:41 AM
Well it doesn't but it should.

Have you actually tried? It's just a bit hard for me to believe, i've heard about someone who traded a japanese event pokemon to his english cart was that a lie or what? Can you trade between japanese & english carts but not english carts and japanese box?

4 8 15 16 23 42
21st August 2006, 11:36 AM
If that's a Japaneese game will it work on your Gamecube/TV?

DarkSpectrum
21st August 2006, 2:24 PM
even with that freeloader tool? if so then it ruins my whole purpose for getting it..............

Freeloader only works to let a foreign disc play on your own gamecube. Pokemon advance games will only communicate with their respective language gamecube game so an english GBA game will not work with japanese box. This does mainly to do with the different country TV formats (PAL/NTSC) but also deals with language things, that beyond my understand, wll not link.
You could however trade your USA GBA pokemon to a japanese GBA game and then upload to a Japanese box but I don't know anyone that desperate.

Mega Trickster
21st August 2006, 2:57 PM
Freeloader only works to let a foreign disc play on your own gamecube. Pokemon advance games will only communicate with their respective language gamecube game so an english GBA game will not work with japanese box. This does mainly to do with the different country TV formats (PAL/NTSC) but also deals with language things, that beyond my understand, wll not link.
You could however trade your USA GBA pokemon to a japanese GBA game and then upload to a Japanese box but I don't know anyone that desperate.

You can do cross-lingual trading in the 3rd gen with no glitches.

DarkSpectrum
21st August 2006, 3:00 PM
You can do cross-lingual trading in the 3rd gen with no glitches.

You can between the GBA games only... the gamecube games you have to trade to the same language one first.
The only problem is that in japanese games they only have 5 spaces for names so an english name gets cut off and that trading a japanese one to an english one will result in a japanese named pokemon.
It is this same technique that people used to get a legit celebi from the japanese colosseum bonus disc before the tour.

Rafear
21st August 2006, 4:17 PM
You can between the GBA games only... the gamecube games you have to trade to the same language one first.
The only problem is that in japanese games they only have 5 spaces for names so an english name gets cut off and that trading a japanese one to an english one will result in a japanese named pokemon.
It is this same technique that people used to get a legit celebi from the japanese colosseum bonus disc before the tour.

off-topic: Funny thing i'm trying to learn japanese lol
back on topic: guese i'l try to get the english one a bit more then, my purpose for getting box was mostly to store pokemon that i'd never use so i would have more space.

DarkSpectrum
21st August 2006, 4:38 PM
off-topic: Funny thing i'm trying to learn japanese lol
back on topic: guese i'l try to get the english one a bit more then, my purpose for getting box was mostly to store pokemon that i'd never use so i would have more space.

I try every so often to get it too... mainly cuz i want the rare move pokemon.