PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Gifts Ungiven

klducks
21st August 2006, 5:28 PM
http://resources.wizards.com/Magic/Cards/CHK/en-us/Card79090.jpg
Gifts Ungiven - Champions of Kamigawa. Rare
3U: Instant
Search your library for four cards with different names and reveal them. Target opponent chooses two of those cards. Put the chosen cards into your graveyard and the rest into your hand. Shuffle your library.

oh the mighty Gifts Ungiven. Obviously a part of the GreaterGifts package as well as being famously used by Frank Karsten.

There's probably unlimited combos for this card. Either getting 4 win conditions (Angel of Despair, Keiga, Meloku, & Kokusho all in 1 split), getting 4 removal (wrath, kagemaro, hideous laughter, and pyroclasm) or getting 2 key cards with regrowth effects like Eternal Witness, Reclaim, and Recollect.

Another key point is that it's an INSTANT. Play it at end of your opponent's turn ;P

The Duck's Rating: 4.25/5

Felix Feral Fezirix
22nd August 2006, 1:54 AM
Evil evil evil lil' card. You bring out 4 similar useful cards and your opponent's stuck. Rawr. Weeeeen.

4/5.

The_Darkness_Incarnate
26th August 2006, 1:00 AM
Lolz. I remember when everyone was like; Wow. Nice try. Gimme my Fact or Fiction. Now people finally see the MASSIVE combo-ing pontential that can be used with this card. Hana Kami lock, anyone? Or dropping a Yosei and getting out straight reanimation? Mmmm...

Or, worst case scenario, this can be used a a blue, standard, pseudo-buried alive. More goodness. Just for that it's one of my favorite cards in standard. :P

4.5/10

Rudimentarybrain
28th August 2006, 2:27 AM
Whoa, Its been a while since i've rated a card, and the cotd i come to is pretty awesome. Massive Combo potential, its like Intuition, and its still an instant. So many things to do where it doesnt matter what your opponent chooses that this could become a frustrating card to play against. casual 4/5 tournament 3/5.