PDA

View Full Version : Devil's Duty

Cipher 2008
21st August 2006, 8:14 PM
Devil's Duty has had a full redraft and is now called Crawdily. The deck list is below; any comments will be appreciated.

Pokémon (x19)
1x Crawdaunt ex (HP) #99
2x Corphish (HP) #63
1x Cradily (Delta Species) (HP) #2
2x Lileep (LM) #56
1x Gengar (LM) #5
3x Haunter (LM) #35
3x Gastly (LM) #52
1x Aggron (LM) #2
3x Aron (HP) #58
2x Holon's Electrode (DS) #21

Trainers (x23)
2x Professor Birch (EM) #82
2x Wally's Training (EM) #85
2x Energy Switch (UF) #84
2x Mary's Request (UF) #86
2x Professor Elm's Training Method (UF) #89
2x Protective Orb (UF) #90
2x Holon Researcher (DS) #95
2x Switch (DS) #102
2x Fieldworker (LM) #73
2x Strange Cave (LM) #77
2x Root Fossil (LM) #80
1x Rare Candy (HP) #90

Energy (x18)
4x Fighting Energy
4x Psychic Energy
4x Metal Energy
2x Darkness Energy
2x Rainbow Energy
2x React Energy

Strategies
Protective Orb is useful for cards such as Cradily and Gengar. Plus it helps keep some of the other Pokémon in play.

With Strange Cave I can put Lileep on the bench (though I have 2 Root Fossil just in case). I can evolve that into Cradily (with the use of Wally's Training if needs be). Attach Protective Orb to Cradily to stop the Fire weakness.

If I have a Root Fossil on the bench/in my hand, and Cradily is in my hand, and there's no sign of a Lileep or they've all been KO'd, Rare Candy can be used though its top priority is to evolve Aron into Aggron.

Oh, yeah, two Holon's Electrode which can only be used as Double Rainbow Energy, due to the absence of any Holon's Voltorb (purposely).

Corphish and Crawdaunt ex? Corphish can be either a stall or just a "get-out-there-and-evolve" card. Crawdaunt ex will play only off Rainbow Energy and Holon's Electrode (and usually other Energies as I only need one Rainbow for the Water energy).

Gengar's just cool. :p

Any feedback would be vastly appreciated as I want to perfect this deck.

Esperante
21st August 2006, 8:25 PM
You rely too much on a single lunatone. Take out a Root Fossil for another one.

Also, use switch instead of fluffy berry, that way you can retreat a pokemon that has a protective orb on it.

Cipher 2008
21st August 2006, 8:29 PM
2x Fluffy Berry --> 2x Switch

Anything I can use instead of another Lunatone? I only have the one.

EDIT: I've looked through some card lists for Pokémon and Trainer cards in DX-on Modified that can do similar to Lunatone, I'l keep on looking as I haven't found anything quite yet.

Mech_Master
21st August 2006, 8:48 PM
Maybe add 4 or5 more energies and a couple duplicates of some of your single pokemon cards. still looks alright though :]

Cipher 2008
21st August 2006, 8:55 PM
No offence but I don't really want any more than 16 Energy cards. Thanks for the comment though. :)

Mech_Master
21st August 2006, 9:22 PM
Well if he has some good drawing power he probably doesn't really need more, but I'm unfamiliar with some of the newer cards since I'm just getting back into the game, so I'm not sure what all of his trainers do.

Cipher 2008
21st August 2006, 9:29 PM
There should be some spoilers on SPP.

Cipher 2008
27th August 2006, 11:33 PM
Apologies for double-posting, but I have edited the deck.

The deck is now called Crawdily, and does not focus on Lunatone or Solrock at all. I played the deck and found that relying on them too much was causing a problem. The first post has also been updated, but here's the second full draft of Crawdily:

Pokémon (x19)
1x Crawdaunt ex (HP) #99
2x Corphish (HP) #63
1x Cradily (Delta Species) (HP) #2
2x Lileep (LM) #56
1x Gengar (LM) #5
3x Haunter (LM) #35
3x Gastly (LM) #52
1x Aggron (LM) #2
3x Aron (HP) #58
2x Holon's Electrode (DS) #21

Trainers (x23)
2x Professor Birch (EM) #82
2x Wally's Training (EM) #85
2x Energy Switch (UF) #84
2x Mary's Request (UF) #86
2x Professor Elm's Training Method (UF) #89
2x Protective Orb (UF) #90
2x Holon Researcher (DS) #95
2x Switch (DS) #102
2x Fieldworker (LM) #73
2x Strange Cave (LM) #77
2x Root Fossil (LM) #80
1x Rare Candy (HP) #90

Energy (x18)
4x Fighting Energy
4x Psychic Energy
4x Metal Energy
2x Darkness Energy
2x Rainbow Energy
2x React Energy

I'm considering booting out the React Energy which are only used for Lileep and Gengar, and putting in 2 Great Ball.

I haven't any DX-on-legal Lairon, so that's Rare Candy's job now. Put in two slightly weaker Corphish in favour of one stronger one. Removed all the fire-types and replaced it with an almost-Fighting line that is Aggron. Added in another two Metal Energy as getting them was difficult.

chester
18th September 2006, 12:33 AM
4x Metal???
2x Darkness energy???
2x Rainbow energy???
2x React Energy???

I read the Ex Delta Rule book for reference, and it said only 4 special energys' per deck. You have 10. I hope that is a mistake, 'cause I could them add some more Ex Delta Pokémon into my HydroPlant (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=149679) deck. The Crobat requires 1 Metal energy. I got it in a starter deck with 2x Metal energy. I only have 1 good trainer, so I fill in spaces with energy.Could you please explain??? Sorry about off topic for a bit.

Thanks anyway.

Thats a good deck Cipher DSX.

chester
18th September 2006, 12:34 AM
4x Metal???
2x Darkness energy???
2x Rainbow energy???
2x React Energy???

I read the Ex Delta Rule book for reference, and it said only 4 special energys' per deck. You have 10. I hope that is a mistake, 'cause I could them add some more Ex Delta Pokémon (That use special energys') into my HydroPlant (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=149679) deck. The Crobat requires 1 Metal energy. I got it in a starter deck with 2x Metal energy. I only have 1 good trainer, so I fill in spaces with energy.Could you please explain??? Sorry about off topic for a bit.

Thanks anyway.

Thats a good deck Cipher DSX.

sander2505
24th September 2006, 11:13 PM
you forgot to put in lairon.

Cipher 2008
24th September 2006, 11:21 PM
The deck has been dismantled anyway. It was awful.

Chester - where did you read that? You can put only four of any special energy in a deck. If you wanted, you could have 4 each of Double Rainbow, React, Boost, Cyclone, Delta Rainbow, Holon FF, Holon GL, Holon WP, and so on.

chester
25th September 2006, 12:57 PM
Phew... So I could have 4 of each special energy, but as many Darkness/Metal energy as I like? Well, thanks.

I read it in the rule-book for Legend Maker. I think I misinterpreted it.

Cipher 2008
25th September 2006, 1:43 PM
Darkness Energy and Metal Energy ARE Special Energy cards. You can only have four of each of them. I simply didn't include them in the list because there are too many Special Energies for me to list.

chester
25th September 2006, 2:03 PM
Damn. So I was right. Oh well, I don't have to worry. I'll just get Holon Research Tower