PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Powder: At The End of the Ray...?

The Mad Manga Massacre
21st August 2006, 7:34 PM
Okay, for some of you this may be old news, for others, it's totally new to them but on Wikipedia they claim that Zombie powder was never finished... Please don't tell me this is true...? If it is, what would you have done for an ending to the series??? It's always nice to hear what people think for an ending with those cliffhanger shows so please post if you have an idea and don't make fun of other peoples ideas for endings;355; !

That Scary Clefairy
22nd August 2006, 12:13 AM
Okay, for some of you this may be old news, for others, it's totally new to them but on Wikipedia they claim that Zombie powder was never finished... Please don't tell me this is true...? If it is, what would you have done for an ending to the series??? It's always nice to hear what people think for an ending with those cliffhanger shows so please post if you have an idea and don't make fun of other peoples ideas for endings;355; !

I hate to break it to you but it's true. Zombie powder lasted for only 4 volumes, 27 chapters. Sad part is that it was so good and was getting really when it canceled. The popularity was great at first but after Ganma's fight against the magician, it got alot better.
SJ was an ******* for canceling it. make me hate SJ even more.

As for an ending, well it kinda too vaugue cause who knew who long it mighted of last and what more characters would of shown up. (in the first chapter cover of first volume, they had people in there that has not been shown yet.)

I persoanlly love ZP better than Bleach but both have great character designs. Come to think of it, alot of the designs in Bleach were borrowed from Zombie Powder.

ZP is coming soon here in USA by Viz, in volume 2,3,4, it will include Kubo's other shorts.

BattleFranky~40
22nd August 2006, 12:24 AM
I thought it was decent, but nothing great.

Still better than Bleach. Why it became popular instead of ZP, I'll never know.

Catalyst
22nd August 2006, 2:24 AM
I liked it and I'll be buying it. I have all the scans. Of volumes 2-4... I think. XP

The Mad Manga Massacre
29th August 2006, 2:59 AM
Does anyone plan on writing an ending for it as a Fan-fic?

BattleFranky~40
29th August 2006, 3:03 AM
Does anyone plan on writing an ending for it as a Fan-fic?
Hopefully not. Fanfics do nothing but ruin series.

shirokiryuu
3rd September 2006, 10:18 PM
I hate it when series are cancelled. I was looking forward to the rest of Zombie Powder. Even though i've read the whole think knowing there was no real end.

I mean, business is business, but i like to have my stories ended

shinigami13
13th September 2006, 5:14 AM
It's true in one of the volumes Tite Kubo says that he was going through emotional problems wich may be the reason the Manga was cancelled

That Scary Clefairy
13th September 2006, 4:07 PM
It's true in one of the volumes Tite Kubo says that he was going through emotional problems wich may be the reason the Manga was cancelled

He was depress but it wasn't the reason that made it canceled. SJ canceled it. In fact, Kubo had more chapters ready to be publish on the magazine but SJ canceled it. It wasn't until Toriyama got him in place and then he created Bleach. but even when he was about to do Bleach as in the Bleach one shot manga, SJ still didn't think it was good. Until the real bleach got out and went BOOM!

in the next 3 volumes of ZP, Viz also releaseing at the end of the volume one shot chapters he did even before ZP. one is called Bad Sheild United. I forgot what the other two were called.

Catalyst
13th September 2006, 9:48 PM
The other two are, Ultra Unholy Hearted Machine and Rune Master Urara, Scary Clefairy.

I recently purchased volume 1, damn, I wish it never got canceled, I really liked this series. =/

That Scary Clefairy
13th September 2006, 10:32 PM
The other two are, Ultra Unholy Hearted Machine and Rune Master Urara, Scary Clefairy.

I recently purchased volume 1, damn, I wish it never got canceled, I really liked this series. =/

Thanks. I forgot the title. I read about it but just forgot.

you can edit/delete your extra post in the bottom right corner of the that post. Click edit

dash142
13th September 2006, 11:06 PM
What! SJ canceled it not him? Thats freaking dumb!

Chris
14th September 2006, 3:39 AM
Usually Shonen Jump will only stop publishing a series if it's not doing very well. Otherwise, they obviously would have pushed it on further. Dragon Ball got pushed a lot further than it was supposed to because of the popularity, as did One Piece (Oda planned to only have OP last for five years; he started the manga in 1997 and it's now currently 2006, nearly 10 years later).

Shonen Jump's pretty much about pushing anything popular down the throats of fans. It should be fairly obvious with the way how Japan markets its franchises.

And according to the third tankoubon, he pretty much went into Zombie Powder in an unstable set of mind and couldn't believe what he had made and couldn't stand to look at the final draft until slowly tolerating it by the point where the third book's chapters. I'd say he wasn't very pleased with the outcome of Zombie Powder until he slowly got used to it. Having it canned and Bleach rejected at first musta been quite a bit of strain on him.

Super-Staff
28th November 2006, 6:22 AM
Alright, I decided to revive this thread instead of just making a new one (er, go me?). I was thinking of buying the first volume of it that Viz published for Christmas and from the look of the comments here, it seems that the series really was good, better than Bleach even.

Would anyone like to give me a more detailed look into the series? Maybe some pros and cons of it? It'd be nice to get into a new manga, even if it does end with no resolution whatsoever.

That Scary Clefairy
28th November 2006, 7:55 PM
Alright, I decided to revive this thread instead of just making a new one (er, go me?). I was thinking of buying the first volume of it that Viz published for Christmas and from the look of the comments here, it seems that the series really was good, better than Bleach even.

Would anyone like to give me a more detailed look into the series? Maybe some pros and cons of it? It'd be nice to get into a new manga, even if it does end with no resolution whatsoever.

I'll anwser your question but don't revive something that is two month old.

Ok the series is about this guy in search of Zombie Powder. I can grant you immortality or it can bring a person back from the dead. everyone searching for it. The guy, Gamma, meets a boy and hot photographer girl and along with his partner CT Smith (Aizen look like him). teh adventure and characterzation was neat.

Pros: good characters, well set story that won't seem to drift. good humor etc

cons: it ended too short(4 volumes)

check it out.

Super-Staff
28th November 2006, 9:25 PM
I'll anwser your question but don't revive something that is two month old.

Ok the series is about this guy in search of Zombie Powder. I can grant you immortality or it can bring a person back from the dead. everyone searching for it. The guy, Gamma, meets a boy and hot photographer girl and along with his partner CT Smith (Aizen look like him). teh adventure and characterzation was neat.

Pros: good characters, well set story that won't seem to drift. good humor etc

cons: it ended too short(4 volumes)

check it out.

Oh, I revived the thread because usually some people chew others out for making a new thread instead of using the existing one. Anyway, yeah, I think it does seem like a great series. I think I'll buy it, then.