PDA

View Full Version : Deadly Mirage

Esperante
21st August 2006, 10:01 PM
Now that TRR has been rotated out (with 90%+ of dark pokemon with it), i can finally play one of my favorite Pokemon cards in a deck, Banette EX!

Pokemon-19

3x Cacnea (CG)
3x Cacturne d
4x Shuppet (CG)
3x Banette EX
1x Banette (CG)
3x Lunatone (LM)
1x Solrock (LM)
1x Sableye (CG)

Energy-15

4x Rainbow Energy
3x Cyclone Energy
5x Psychic Energy
3x Fighting Energy

Trainers-26

3x Holon Transceiver
2x Holon Mentor
2x Holon Lass
3x Holon Adventurer
2x Holon Scientist
1x Holon Farmer
3x TV Reporter
3x Energy Removal 2
2x Pokemon Reversal
4x Crystal Beach
1x Celio's Network/Scott

Cacturne delta is a good addition to the standard extremely-fast-supporter-discard Banette theme. He spreads damage very quickly, and his poke-power lets you put a damage counter on each of your opponent's Pokemon that already has a damage counter on it. Rainbow energy is much more useful than holon's Pokemon in this deck, because you can simply have banette move the damage counter to one of your opponent's Pokemon. Then, if you want, you can retreat your Banette, and have Cacturne spread damage all the better! Banette has a very solid attack as well, usually doing 90 damage by turn 3 or 4. Sableye is a cool addition in this deck, his poke-power lets you look at the top card of your deck, and you can discard it if you choose (very useful for getting supporters in the discard early game!)

If Shiftry ex gets really popular, or if Desert Ruins gets reprinted, i will change the stadiums, but currently crystal beach works great against holon pokemon and double rainbow. (severely hurts RaiEggs) Cessation crystal gives the deck a little trouble, but you can just play a cyclone energy and then use all your powers.

So what does everyone think?

Cipher 2008
21st August 2006, 10:09 PM
So what does everyone think?I think Banette ex rocks. :p

Seriously, it's a very good deck; you haven't got the problem that I do, in that I've only one Lunatone, so your deck will work very well as Lunatone can be used for many things. Plus you've a lot of Pokémon that can be used for the offencive and the defencive.

What does Cessation Crystal actually do, by the way?

~Flygon_Rocks~
21st August 2006, 10:16 PM
are those pokemon card hey ive got loads but all are from the first generation there ancient i know but i have one of every pokemon atleast

Esperante
21st August 2006, 10:22 PM
are those pokemon card hey ive got loads but all are from the first generation there ancient i know but i have one of every pokemon atleast

uh...okay?

http://www.pokebeach.com/sets/excg/074.jpg
^thats cessation crystal, a very nasty card in decks like rai-eggs.

Cipher 2008
21st August 2006, 10:23 PM
Edited

Ow. OK, Cessation Crystal is nasty. Officially nasty.

Cipher_Admin
23rd August 2006, 3:40 AM
Yo, I think you should put like 9 more Energy into your deck. It would help because you might not get the Energy you need during your turn.

Esperante
23rd August 2006, 5:30 AM
Yo, I think you should put like 9 more Energy into your deck. It would help because you might not get the Energy you need during your turn.

um, lol, thanks for the tip i guess, but if you ever want to play a game of apprentice I'd be happy to prove you wrong. ;D

EmbersBackUpSinger
23rd August 2006, 5:31 AM
Oh a pretty good Deck. Better than mine thats fo' Sho'