PDA

View Full Version : Smeargle Learning Transform

legendary pkm master
22nd August 2006, 6:38 AM
can someone tell me the trick for sketching transform?

i know there was something like this awhile back but i want to know how to do it now but i cant find that thread.

can someone please tell me this trick

Somebody
22nd August 2006, 6:43 AM
I don't think you can.

legendary pkm master
22nd August 2006, 6:45 AM
foreal? i coulda sworn i saw someone post somin bout smeargle learning transform with a trick they found

Trashure
22nd August 2006, 6:51 AM
Can't you Sketch it just like you would any other move? Am I missing something?

Somebody
22nd August 2006, 6:52 AM
Can't you Sketch it just like you would any other move? Am I missing something?
Sketch fails when you try to sketch Transform.

ilabb
22nd August 2006, 7:53 AM
This only works in Ruby/Sapphire, but it CAN be done.

You should teach your Smeargle Spore for this trick. Be in a dual battle with someone. Have Smeargle be first and Ditto be second. Make sure your Smeargle is faster (it should be) and use Spore on Ditto (and your two enemies to be safe if you want). Next turn, tell Smeargle to Sketch Ditto and have your sleeping Ditto attempt to transform into Smeargle. Even though Ditto is sleeping, Sketch will still register Transform as the last attack it used. It's been awhile since I've done it, so I may have gotten it wrong somewhere, but I'm pretty sure it should work.

And there you have it, one transforming Smeargle.

milotic111
22nd August 2006, 3:32 PM
you can also try to get in a double-battle somehow against another ditto. i don't think that's is possible on ruby saphire but maybe on colloseum or xd. let your dito use transform on the other ditto but make sure your dito is faster. than use a slower smeargle to sketch the transform.

legendary pkm master
22nd August 2006, 3:35 PM
wen ever i try to sketch transform it says sketch failed or somin liek that but ima try the double battle thingy

milotic111
22nd August 2006, 3:40 PM
the sketch fails cause the dito doesn't have transform anymore. to sketch or mimic an opponents move they have to have used it last AND still have to have it when you sketch/mimic. that's why you can't mimic sketch to get good moves on pokemon and can't sketch transform/mimic. without doing the above.

RoboRaph
22nd August 2006, 4:58 PM
The trick also works for moves like Explosion and Memento (don't laugh it's useful for contests) which otherwise wouldn't be sketchable either.

Moeteimasu Umi
22nd August 2006, 5:07 PM
send a ditto against a ditto a wait till the foes transforms are gone then send smeargal out and sketch ditto :)