PDA

View Full Version : About a trade...

Xtra
23rd August 2006, 12:47 AM
I met a kid while waiting for a public bus, and he has every advance generation pokemon game except Fire Red (which he lost at JAA). Unfortinetly, that also means it's almost impossible to find something he doesn't have.

But after some searching, I found that he diidn't have a Girafarig. So I offered to trade my level 25 Girafarig for a newly hatched Lv.5 Mudkip, and he agreed.

I'm thinking, though, that the trade is somewhat unfair, even though he agreed to it volentarily. And though the level difference makes it more fair, I thought I'd throw in a little something.

So what I was wondering is:
-Do you think the trade is unfair?
-If so, what gift should I attach?

Note that he's in 4th grade, so he probably doesn't use berries or knows about Ev's or IV's

Somebody
23rd August 2006, 12:54 AM
If it was a hatched Mudkip, he really isn't losing anything, since I'm assuming he could make more. And if he has every advance game but FR/LG, that means he can clone the Mudkip if it was traded as well. I guess you could just give the Girafarig a Full Restore or a Max Revive, or a cloned Master Ball, but I don't think it really matters that much.

starterlover1
23rd August 2006, 1:25 AM
I don't think it matters that much. He want to trade it, and if he is in the fourth grade, he is probably around nine years old. Besides, he will probably just start over in his game after a while.

Xtra
23rd August 2006, 1:35 AM
I doubt it. He has all the legendaries, pokemon in the 70's, fought all the gym leaders twice, beat Steven, and probably other stuff I don't know.

EmbersBackUpSinger
23rd August 2006, 1:36 AM
yeah what Somebody said. (P.S. I love ripping little Kids off)

AJ kinova the psychic
23rd August 2006, 1:58 AM
It was a fair trade

Jaster
23rd August 2006, 2:59 PM
or was it...lol, how was it a fair trade.

Sarukarisha
23rd August 2006, 3:02 PM
he really can just go catch a girrafarig in the sz. anyways he could always get another one. serious don't worry about it. both pokemon suck.

Cipher
23rd August 2006, 4:57 PM
Neither one of you is losing an irreplacable Pokemon, so what does it matter? For all you know, he could have an entire box filled with Mudkip eggs.

Munchlax Master
24th August 2006, 2:50 AM
im in fourth grade and knoow about the dv sytems, HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xtra
26th August 2006, 5:24 PM
Note that he's in 4th grade, so he probably doesn't use berries or knows about Ev's or IV's

I'm not saying he doesn't know abut them, but the chances that he does are pretty low.

killerjaw01
26th August 2006, 5:28 PM
I'd say it's a fair trade, he's getting a pokemon he wants, and you're getting a pokemon you want. What's unfair about that? It's not as if they have been cheated for.

folgore
26th August 2006, 5:30 PM
As far as I can see, it's a fair trade.

Mudkip3
26th August 2006, 6:41 PM
Hmm, you should ask him if he has other Mudkips. Unlike EmbersBackUpSinger, I do not like ripping off kids and I want to give them a fair chance. As for a gift or not, throw in something expensive (like what Somebody said about a Full Restore or Max Revive).

Edit: Oh yeah! I moved up to Fog Trainer!

Black Widow
26th August 2006, 6:48 PM
Sounds completely fair to me. It's kind of a pointless trade though, because both of you can easily obtain either Pokemon.

Xtra
26th August 2006, 6:54 PM
Sounds completely fair to me. It's kind of a pointless trade though, because both of you can easily obtain either Pokemon.

And how, may I ask, do I easily obtain a Mudkip without starting over?

Black Widow
26th August 2006, 6:59 PM
Forgive me, it's early. I had assumed you would of had one already. I apologize.

Xtra
26th August 2006, 7:38 PM
Since I don't know many who play, haven't traded yet, and chose Treecko at the beginning...no, I don't

Aqua_Maiden
26th August 2006, 7:53 PM
Give him a legendary or something,or a TM or rareCandy.