PDA

View Full Version : shonen jump favorites

thunderblade12
27th August 2006, 5:03 PM
just as the title says(this is a poll so it can not go in the shonen jump general discussion)

BattleFranky~40
27th August 2006, 5:08 PM
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
One Piece
Hunter x Hunter
Saint Seiya
Death Note

my favorites

Libra
27th August 2006, 8:43 PM
Naruto and One Piece. Wish they release some more volumes. I mean, they have 40 volumes in Japan but only 10 in USA. Hurry up!

BattleFranky~40
27th August 2006, 8:46 PM
Naruto and One Piece. Wish they release some more volumes. I mean, they have 40 volumes in Japan but only 10 in USA. Hurry up!
Prepare to wait about a decade for Volume 42. HA!

And Naruto is only on 34

Rex Kamex
27th August 2006, 8:46 PM
No Hikaru no Go? Oh well, it's not my favorite, but anyway, in no real order, my favorites are...

One Piece
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Dragon Ball
Naruto
Hikaru no Go
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo*

*I haven't really read much of it, but it looks great, and I've seen a lot of the anime.

gligirl
27th August 2006, 9:11 PM
naruto, but i've just started reading one piece and i really like it.

Kecleon Freak
27th August 2006, 9:20 PM
My faves:

One Piece
Naruto (used to be pretty good, now kinda meh)
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
Hunter x Hunter (Not caught up yet though)

I'm thinking about starting Death Note and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, since people have recommended them to me and they seem interesting.

BattleFranky~40
27th August 2006, 9:26 PM
I'm thinking about starting Death Note and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, since people have recommended them to me and they seem interesting.
Do it nao. The 1st part of Death Note is awesome and Jojo Part 2 and 3 own everything you mentioned by miles.

thunderblade12
27th August 2006, 9:33 PM
i didnt have room for these in the poll but they good (in my opinion to)

hikaru no go
BLEACH!!
beet the vandel buster
hunter x hunter
deathnote

mewfanforlife
27th August 2006, 11:06 PM
Naruto and Yu Yu hakusho are my favorites.

Savvao
27th August 2006, 11:08 PM
One peice
Naruto
Bleach
bo-boobo
prince of tennis
hikkaru no go
and more

EvilDave
27th August 2006, 11:42 PM
There all my favorite but to bad it only comes out once a month

Staryu
28th August 2006, 4:53 PM
Naruto would be my favorite. <3

Chaozaru
29th August 2006, 11:22 PM
Mine is Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro. It's one of the slightly more recent Shounen Jump titles that's managed to carry on past a few chapters and with the most recent story arc, it's become my favorite out of everything in SJ currently.

Unfortunately, it's gotten no attention that I've seen from the english Shonen Jump, and there's no plans for an anime to date.

After that, my favorites are Muhyo to Rouji, D.Gray-man, One Piece, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and Hunter x Hunter.

BattleFranky~40
29th August 2006, 11:56 PM
Mine is Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro. It's one of the slightly more recent Shounen Jump titles that's managed to carry on past a few chapters and with the most recent story arc, it's become my favorite out of everything in SJ currently.

Unfortunately, it's gotten no attention that I've seen from the english Shonen Jump, and there's no plans for an anime to date.

After that, my favorites are Muhyo to Rouji, D.Gray-man, One Piece, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and Hunter x Hunter.
Somebody posting something other than Naruto?

It's a miracle!

That Scary Clefairy
30th August 2006, 12:42 AM
Kochira Katsushika-ku Kamearikouen-mae Hashutsujo- feels something a seinen manga reader would read, eh, still great and probably oldest SJ title there. like back even in the mid 70's or something. 145 volumes oh yea!

Zombie Powder and Bleach- yea love Tite's artwork. and character designs

Houshin Engi- I love this series and I'm so glad it's coming here in USA!!!!!!!!

Fist of the North Star - yea it actually a SJ title believe it or not!

Bastard!!- Well it's in Ultra Jump now but it used to be in SJ.

Shadow Lady- probably one SJ title that Dark horse liscense. Boy that series is so hilarious.

Roruoni Kenshin- I always love this series as I was getting into anime. one of my personal fav that attach to me. Oro?

Pretty Face- made me laugh my *** off.

Mind Assassin- I read some of it and it pretty tense and pyscological for a shonen series. may only be 5 volumes but it was great.

Mazinger Z- this series is one of the classic series by great Go Nagi. Probably
first mecha series he did and that started the mecha genre in anime, or it could be Gigantor...eh whatever lol.

Kimagure Orange Road-It's a great romance comedy series (not like 100% Strawberry which i hate) onder why Viz never bother to pick this one up.

DNA2- no not DNAngel which i hate but DNA2 which has good artwork that I love.

City Hunter- I love reading it when it was on Raijin. Too bad they ran out of business. boo ho ho T_T.

Barefoot Gen, this is an amazing classic and is one of the best series i've read about world war 2 in japan. great.

JoJo's Bizzare Adventure- yea Joe Jostar is my fav! and i want to check out the spin off series Steel Ball Run

these i wish to see:
Cat's Eyes- only for the sexy girls hehehe lol
Jigoku Sensei Nube - old school cliche manga, heh
Harenchi Gakuen - an old series by Go Nagi
Sakigake!! Otoko Juku - it has "yannki" or "Bosozuku" guys which i always love to read on.

Chaozaru
30th August 2006, 1:12 AM
Steel Ball Run's pretty good from what I've seen of it... It reminded me a bit of Parts 1 and 2, and was a nice change after part 6 (which was my least favorite).

It's also the only one to date that stars someone not connected to the Jostar family (as far as I know), which is pretty interesting.

BattleFranky~40
30th August 2006, 1:15 AM
I personally found Part 6 to be better than Part 4, but that's just me.

Silver Dragonair
30th August 2006, 1:26 AM
Yu-Gi-Oh (first seven volumes)
Yu Yu Hakusho (I wonder if people, really hate this, but Chapter Black. It is one of the best anime/manga arks ever.)
One Piece
Shaman King
Bleach (it has been produced in volume)
Dragonball( (dont ask)

BattleFranky~40
30th August 2006, 1:35 AM
Yu Yu Hakusho (I wonder if people, really hate this, but Chapter Black. It is one of the best anime/manga arks ever.)
Yes, the anime is quite good. However, the manga suffers from art that looks like complete ***.

Bleach (it has been produced in volume)

Yes, 23 volumes

Silver Dragonair
30th August 2006, 2:04 AM
Yeah, the art isn't that good in the manga, I also know it being made in 1990, doesnt excuse it. It had a good story, though. Awesome villans that had some motive behind something. Like, Rando wanted all the psychic powers. Suzaku wanted, demons to have free passage to the living world. Toguro, he just wanted to fight some strong opponents. He's one of the few bad guys with honor, to some extent.

Sensui, is one of the most badass villans ever. He had six other people working for him, had seven distinct personalities. The motive, behind his wnt to exterminate the human race, was a traumatic experience. Sensui, had a lot of character development. Had reasons, plus Sensui packed some cool powers. His band of psychics were cool also. Sniper and Doctor were my favorite. Because of the episodes, "The Doctors Disease" and, "Moving Target".

BattleFranky~40
30th August 2006, 2:08 AM
I also like Chapter Black and Sensui. But still, the manga was very... average, I guess, when compared to the anime.

Chaozaru
30th August 2006, 6:31 PM
I personally found Part 6 to be better than Part 4, but that's just me.

Heh... other way around here, part 4 was my favorite one. XD

Not that I dislike Part 6 though, it just took me longer to get in to than the rest of the others. After they got out of the jail, it started to get a lot more enjoyable IMO.

BattleFranky~40
30th August 2006, 9:10 PM
Heh... other way around here, part 4 was my favorite one. XD

Not that I dislike Part 6 though, it just took me longer to get in to than the rest of the others. After they got out of the jail, it started to get a lot more enjoyable IMO.
Meh.

2>3>5>7>6>4>1

Aquadon
30th August 2006, 10:52 PM
1. EYESHIELD 21!!!! YA-HA!!
2. Shaman King
3. Yu-gi-oh Series.

Those are my favorites, in that order.

bigboss1022
30th August 2006, 10:57 PM
Death note, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Dragonball.

That Scary Clefairy
30th August 2006, 10:59 PM
I'm starting to love Eyesheild's character's and art design alot. might pick em up.

BattleFranky~40
30th August 2006, 11:03 PM
I'm starting to love Eyesheild's character's and art design alot. might pick em up.

Hiruma is reason enough to read it.

Chaozaru
31st August 2006, 1:14 AM
Lesse... for me it's 4 > 7 > 2 > 3 > 5 > 1 > 6. I like all of them though, so it's more of a "which one does he fanboy the most" kind of thing. XD

Hiruma is reason enough to read it.

This is something of which I can greatly agree with. (Not that I actually read it, but pretty much my entire motivation for considering it is Hiruma)

BattleFranky~40
31st August 2006, 1:25 AM
Part 2 Joeseph alone is better than anything in Parts 4 and 7, and it helps that Joeseph vs. ACDC/Wham/Cars is one of the best fights in manga ever.

zonic the hedgehog
31st August 2006, 2:47 AM
Hmm...

Naruto
Hunter x Hunter
Eyeshield 21
Hikaru no Go
Bleach
One Piece
Dragonball (can't forget about the old classics)

The one I'm itching to read like everyone else is Death Note, but I'm so preoccupied with BECK and a few other mangas that I have no free time to read it. :x

Clio
31st August 2006, 2:48 AM
Slam Dunk :D. Wait, that's probably the only SJ title I really like!
Would put Saint Seiya, but I'd rather the anime version, since it is... less fugly.

BattleFranky~40
31st August 2006, 3:04 AM
Slam Dunk :D. Wait, that's probably the only SJ title I really like!
Would put Saint Seiya, but I'd rather the anime version, since it is... less fugly.

How is Saint Seiya fugly?

onix lord
31st August 2006, 6:33 AM
Mr favorites:

1. Yu Yu Hakusho
2. One Piece
3. Dragon Ball Z

Sneaky
31st August 2006, 3:12 PM
Well, my favourite is One Piece, but my other favourites are:

Yu Yu Hakusho
Yu-Gi-Oh
Hunter X Hunter
Rurouni Kenshin
Shaman King
Dragonball Z
Bleach

Goth_Guy
1st September 2006, 5:32 AM
Other-Claymore, I hope that will be in the magaziene soon.

WheelerTheViper
2nd September 2006, 5:13 AM
I'm pretty sure the Older-Teen Shonen Jump Advanced manga won't make it into the Teen Shonen Jump....(No offence?)

Anyway, I love YGO, but the last story arc is kind of boring. The first few chapters are the way to go.

Others:
Death Note
D.Grey Man
Hikaru No Go
Buso Renkin

I'm a little surprised that One Peice has so many votes.....

BattleFranky~40
2nd September 2006, 5:14 AM
I'm a little surprised that One Peice has so many votes.....
Why is that?

WheelerTheViper
2nd September 2006, 5:17 AM
Partially it's me being an artist, but I find the art of One Peice to be pretty bad. It's a pretty good series, but I didn't think it was THAT popular (yeah, 7 votes=popular :) )

I suppose it beats the dubbed anime by miles though o_o;

BattleFranky~40
2nd September 2006, 5:20 AM
Partially it's me being an artist, but I find the art of One Peice to be pretty bad. It's a pretty good series, but I didn't think it was THAT popular (yeah, 7 votes=popular :) )

I suppose it beats the dubbed anime by miles though o_o;
What's so bad about it? It is unique, it is fresh, and it has actually gotter better over the years, as apposed to getting worse (Naruto, Hunter x Hunter, ect.)

WheelerTheViper
2nd September 2006, 5:25 AM
What's so bad about it? It is unique, it is fresh, and it has actually gotter better over the years, as apposed to getting worse (Naruto, Hunter x Hunter, ect.)

Are you talking about the art or the story?

I have to say, it is very unique. But it just seems like it could be better. I can't really explain it? Maybe too unrealistic? That's not quite it, but it's the closest I can think of right now.

Then again, I read Bobobo...

BattleFranky~40
2nd September 2006, 5:28 AM
Are you talking about the art or the story?

I have to say, it is very unique. But it just seems like it could be better. I can't really explain it? Maybe too unrealistic? That's not quite it, but it's the closest I can think of right now.

Then again, I read Bobobo...
It does seem slightly "unrealistic" at the beginning, but it begins to stop looking cartoony during the Arlong arc.

WheelerTheViper
2nd September 2006, 5:30 AM
Come to think of it, I haven't seen any of those weird crossbreed animals that were in the first few chapters for a while.

That Scary Clefairy
2nd September 2006, 8:17 PM
I think what your thinking of, Wheeler Viper, is that you find the some of the characters unproportional. Yea in that sense,I can see why you say that, but if you actually look beyond the outlayer of the drawings, Oda does know who to draw. I'm not too fond of the story and all but the drawings and unique visual style holds it very well.

WheelerTheViper
3rd September 2006, 4:22 AM
I think what your thinking of, Wheeler Viper, is that you find the some of the characters unproportional. Yea in that sense,I can see why you say that, but if you actually look beyond the outlayer of the drawings, Oda does know who to draw. I'm not too fond of the story and all but the drawings and unique visual style holds it very well.

Hm, that's part of it I suppose (Though I have nothing against Usopp's nose XP ). But i'm kinda referring to...the world in general. One peice in general is just....odd. There is so much random stuff it it, and the story switches from funny/random to serious then back to funny again. It just doesn't seem like the right balance all the time. But in it's defence, I liked the chapters in this month's SJ.

BattleFranky~40
3rd September 2006, 4:51 AM
What's great about One Piece is that it can be funny AND serious and can pull both off very well. Unlike Naruto, which has extremely immature and unfunny humor.

WheelerTheViper
3rd September 2006, 5:06 AM
What's great about One Piece is that it can be funny AND serious and can pull both off very well. Unlike Naruto, which has extremely immature and unfunny humor.

Naruto winning a maching by farting in his opponent's face? (I can't remember the guy's name right off) Guess I can see what you mean there.

I hope'm not offending anyone or anything. Probablly not, but sometimes I worry I do......

shirokiryuu
3rd September 2006, 9:56 PM
I was about to scream Yakitate!! Japan at the top of my lungs, until i realized that it was a Shounen Sunday series. *snaps*

Then i'll have to pick Hikaru no Go, even if it's not there. It's because it made me realize that go IS fun, even if i suck a lot at it.

>>to Battle Franky: People think Saint Seiya is ugly because the character designs are dated. I'm from a generation of fans who aren't accustomed to the style.

shirokiryuu
3rd September 2006, 10:10 PM
After thinking I'm going to go with Rurouni Kenshin, because i absolutely love that series.

kogawolfman
5th September 2006, 1:39 AM
Okay, so Naruto himself is extremely immature, but there are so many other parts that are awesome and dont even have Naruto. Naruto's a good-natured kid, but you have to remember that he's also a prankster, therefore he thinks differently from most people. Honestly, I think Naruto has gotten better as it goes on. If you think opposite, have you bothered to go past what exists in North America at this point?

Anyways, so my favorite SJ manga are:
Naruto
Death Note
One Piece

BattleFranky~40
5th September 2006, 1:49 AM
Inuyahsa and Zatch Bell are Shounen Sunday

kogawolfman
5th September 2006, 2:01 AM
Eheheh...Oops, well I dont actually read the magazine or whatever and....anyways dont start flaming me because they dont say Shonen Jump on the back....

mugen33
16th September 2006, 4:53 AM
My favorites are:

Death Note
Dragon Ball (Classic)
Rurouni Kenshin
Eyeshield 21
Hunter X Hunter
One Piece (Better then Naruto - its true and you know it)
Yu Yu Hakusho
Bo-Bo-Bo (Wish we got the full series...its so awesome)

I like others but those are my favorites.

Scorpion
16th September 2006, 7:07 AM
Shaman King Dragon ball series and the yu-gi-oh series.

Xanatos
16th September 2006, 1:04 PM
One Piece and Shaman King. Those pwn!

/\One Piece/\
17th September 2006, 12:33 AM
One Piece and Naruto...
One piece mostly

Chris
17th September 2006, 5:27 AM
Odd. Like Oda, I grew up on Dragon Ball and enjoy it even to this day. And because of him being so inspired, he's created one helluva manga. I absolutely love One Piece to bits. The designs are unique, the story and arcs are quite good and it does something not many shounen series' do. It doesn't make the main character overwhelmingly stronger than everyone to the point where only he can fight off all the bad guys.

One Piece has quite a balance of making everyone of the protagonists useful in their own way and being able to hold their own.
Even when three of Straw Hat Pirates have powers from the Devil's Fruit.
Because of this, the balance is really well done. Unlike other shounen series' that make either the protagonist the only one capable of doing anything or make a certain group of main characters stronger and everyone else ultimately weak.

Also liking Dr. Slump.

-Sonansu!-
17th September 2006, 11:17 AM
Mine are:

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
D.Gray-man
Shaman King
Yu Yu Hakusho
Bo-Bobo

And that's about it. One Piece/Naruto don't even interest me anymore. :P

Harukuro
17th September 2006, 5:21 PM
I agree with Edward Elric on One Piece. It's my all time favorite series for it's story and characters. I also enjoy Black Cat,Bobo, Buso Renkin, D.Gray-man, Death Note, Dragon Ball, Reborn, Rurouni Kenshin, Shaman King and To-Love-Ru Trouble. I also might want to try Dr.Slump.;201-m;

Aquarelle
18th September 2006, 2:55 AM
I like:

~Naruto
~One Piece
~Dragon Ball

Other Shonen Jump mangas never really interested me. >_>

~Aquarelle

pokemaster394
20th September 2006, 3:15 PM
Naruto
One Piece
DBZ
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Yu-Yu Hakasho

That's it.

kawaii*ninja
7th October 2006, 2:13 PM
Err, Am i the onley one who actually went out and got Black Cat manga because i liked the demo in the shonen jump. If so i frcomend it :D Trains my favorate character

That Scary Clefairy
7th October 2006, 6:45 PM
Err, Am i the onley one who actually went out and got Black Cat manga because i liked the demo in the shonen jump. If so i frcomend it :D Trains my favorate character

No you're not. I am also collecting the series.

Milennin
7th October 2006, 8:04 PM
Bleach is my favourite.