PDA

View Full Version : Legendary Reawakening Help and Discussion Thread

Psychic
30th August 2006, 9:01 PM
Welcome one and all to the Legendary Reawakening Discussion Thread! This is for all the people who sighed up for the RPG months ago, and it ought to reassure you all that we’re starting for real this time! After over a year of waiting, the RPG that once carried an official Serebii Seal of Approval is about to begin! Before the summer of 2005 Sign Ups were opened for the first time, with promises of beginning the RPG once I got back from my Israel trip five weeks later. In February of 2006, Sign Ups opened once again, but because of a few problems including the missing Sign Ups of four members, we were unable to begin. I have been putting it off since, but no more! Now, we’re starting for real!

This thread is meant for discussion, but solely about the RP for people who have been accepted into it. Don’t be shy to make comments and ask questions- that’s what this place is here for. If you aren’t a part of the RP, ignore this thread. If you have something to say, say it to me over PM.

Here are the rules and guidelines for the RP. Please be careful to follow them- if you show that you can’t you will have shown that you shouldn’t be here.

The Rules:
All Forum RPG Rules (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=107376) still apply.
No Bunnying: do not control other people’s characters without their permission. Some exceptions can be made, but characters must stay in character, no matter the situation.
No Godmodding or Powerplaying: do not portray your character as being invincible or all-powerful, and do not give them advantages of any kind over other characters. Do not take it upon yourself to control the RPG. Please see this post (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=3070925&postcount=17) on the subject.
No one-line posts: each post you make should help the plot of the RPG progress in some way, so no post should be completely useless. For a post to do this, it should generally be at least a paragraph long. I ask for an absolute minimum of seven lines.
No posts consisting of only OOC comments: if you have something to say, say it in the Discussion Thread- that’s what it’s there for. However, as long as your post advances the plot, you may say something OOC at the beginning or end of the post.

Concerning Language: in this RPG, characters may swear, however it should be there for a reason and should not be used in excess. It is preferred if the stronger words are not used, but everyone should know that I am allowing them to be said.
Concerning Romance: it is perfectly allowed for characters to have romantic relationships (including homosexual relationships, love triangles, etc.), although it should be kept realistic. Characters should not instantly fall in love and the relationship should not be perfect. Interspecies relationships are allowed (to an extent) but are not strongly encouraged.
Concerning Extremely Violent or Sexual Scenes: these are allowed to an extent, but neither should be too graphic or go into very much detail- keep it appropriate for at least ages 12+.
Concerning Sideplots: these are allowed, but should never be too big. Sideplots should be used mostly for character development, not twisting the main plot to your own desires. If you are not sure about a sideplot you want to have, feel free to PM me asking about it.

Another general note is the way your Legendary communicates with you. The way it works is this:
-All Legendaries can sent their human telepathic messages- these thoughts, feelings and emotions of your Legendary can be sent to you and only you. The humans can not do this back (at least, not at this point in the RP). All Legendaries communicate through thoughts like this to one another. Expressed in Italics. Example: I do not think that is a wise plan, Moltres told Groudon briskly.
-Only Psychic Type Legendaries can send telepathic messages to anyone it chooses. Since it can read the mind of anyone it wants to, the human and Psychic Legendary may communicate through thoughts (the human thinks what it wants to say and the Legendary reads their mind). Expressed with ‘one’ or “two” quotation marks and Italics. Example: ‘Let’s go, Kaylie. I sense evil thoughts from this man.’ Mew pleaded with the human, pulling on her arm.
-Only non-Psychic Legendaries can use their actual voices to communicate. So if it isn’t partly Psychic, it can communicate verbally. Psychic Legendaries can only use their voices for their battle cries (calling their name). Expressed normally with two “quotation marks”. Example: “Do not be alarmed, human. I do not wish to harm you,” the Legendary Registeel explained calmly.
(Of course, if you don’t use the exact right thing you won’t get shot. This is just to make it easier to know who is saying what and how. If the system becomes too much of a bother, we’ll drop it later on.)

Here is the current list of Legendaries and their status.

Articuno: Reserved (PsiUmbreon)
Zapdos: Available
Moltres: Available
Mewtwo: Taken (Lady Myuu)
Mew: Taken (Psychic)
Raikou: Taken (Hakerius)
Entei: Taken (BrokenDreams)
Suicune: Taken (purple_drake)
Lugia: Taken (Shadowfaith)
Ho-Oh: Taken (CHeSHiRe-CaT)
Celebi: Taken (Raposa Dalua)
Regrock: Available
Regice: Taken (Lemurian)
Regsteel: Available
Latias: Undecided (Melodrama)
Latios: Reserved (Latios)
Kyogre: Available
Groudon: Available
Rayquaza: Taken (Saffire Persian)
Jirachi: Reserved (Shadowcat)
Deoxys: Taken (RaZoR LeAf)
Rukario: Available

The following people have reservations and still haven't posted their Sign Ups:
Latios (Latios)
Shadowcat (Jirachi)
I am waiting for PMs from them that will tell me if they will be joining us or not.

So now you know who you are- feel free to post questions, concerns, whatever. If all goes well we’ll be starting shortly. ^^

~Psychic

Saffire Persian
3rd September 2006, 11:08 AM
Just a minor request - but will you be PMing us when the RP starts? I don't exactly mosey around the RPG forum like i used to, so a reminder would be incredibly helpful. To me.. anyway.

Psychic
3rd September 2006, 7:36 PM
*nods* Of course. They'll be sent out shortly, too. I'll also add the link to this Café Thread and everything. And I understand that not everyone frequently checks the forum- no worries. ^^

~Psychic

Xtra
3rd September 2006, 7:58 PM
Where's the sign up? I checked the sign up page, but didn't find it.

Psychic
4th September 2006, 11:16 PM
-_- Read. The. First. Post. You have no business in posting here. Every single explanation can be found in the first post. If you can’t take the time to read it, then don’t take the time to post here. And if you can take the time to look through the Sign Up section, you could have taken the time to dig deeper.

And you didn’t even need to go through the entire post- the explanation you seek is in the first god-damned paragraph.

Now, please do not post here again and pester anyone else. ><

~Psychic

Psychic
12th September 2006, 4:21 AM
The adventure begins now (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=4222629#post4222629).
Join us if you have the heart of a human and the power of a Legendary.

~Psychic

purple_drake
13th September 2006, 12:22 PM
Hey Psych, yanno how the legendaries can... well, 'possess', for want of a better word, their human counterparts? Is there a time limit on that or something? The legends are powerful, after all, and I was just thinking that it would be logical for the power to be dangerous if they stayed inside the humans too long... and, well, there were other considerations - since my character's blind, I was wondering whether I should let her have Suicune's sight while Suicune's possessing her, and the time limit on the thing would give me good reason not to let them do it all the time... so yeah...

Psychic
14th September 2006, 1:19 AM
Hey Psych, yanno how the legendaries can... well, 'possess', for want of a better word, their human counterparts? Is there a time limit on that or something? The legends are powerful, after all, and I was just thinking that it would be logical for the power to be dangerous if they stayed inside the humans too long... and, well, there were other considerations - since my character's blind, I was wondering whether I should let her have Suicune's sight while Suicune's possessing her, and the time limit on the thing would give me good reason not to let them do it all the time... so yeah...
Hmm, you bring up some good questions. Truth be told, I hadn’t thought much about it. ^^;

To everyone: your Legendary can, theoretically, stay inside its human partner for however long it wants, but doing so does require a good bit of energy. Think of energy a bit like HP: you’ll start off with a full ‘gauge’, and your energy will only get down if
a) you get attacked and hurt or
b) if the Legendary or human is using their powers for whatever reason in whatever way.

Because they will be one, the Legendaries and humans will have the same energy level, and both of them will feel it if the energy level is very low. At that point, they will have to separate and rest. If, however, their energy is too low and they can’t separate in time, they may fall unconscious and will be stuck together in one body. In such a case, they will stay unconscious until separated. The means of separation will be a hard, painful process requiring a large amount of magic that the remaining Legendaries will have to supply. Hopefully, that isn’t going to happen, though.

B pertains to you, pd. Unfortunately, no, Estrellita will not be able to see if Suicune enters her body (but she will be able to see through her eyes if she’s in the Legendary’s body). However, Suicune’s senses are very powerful (not only the wolf-like hearing and smell, but even to an extent, being able to sense things around her) and while she’s in Estrellita’s body, Suicune will be able to use her abilities to help the human along. This way she won’t be able to grant her sight, but she will be a great help.
Also, because Suicune is using her abilities more with Estrellita more than she would with a human who didn’t need this boost in senses, the Legendary is using up more of her energy. This will mean that Suicune won’t be able to stay in her body as long as the other Legendaries will, but the difference won’t be very big.

Hope that helps,
~Psychic

purple_drake
14th September 2006, 1:59 AM
Yup, that helps tons ^.^ Thanks!