PDA

View Full Version : Modifed Fire Deck

FatSnorlaxPwnage6
31st August 2006, 8:42 PM
I guess my deck is modified not sure. Any1 wanna tell me exactly what cards need to come out to make it modified please. Thanks

Deck: Stop Drop and Roll

60 Cards

Pokemon: 18

Team Magma's Torkoal
Magmar EX
Latias (Starter Deck) 4/10
Sunny Castform
Numel 5/10
Numel 5/10
Numel 70/97
Camerupt 24/97
Camerupt 19/95
Ponyta 76/112
Ponyta 76/112
Rapidash 52/113
Rapidash 13/112
Torchic 73/109
Torchic 77/97
Combusken 2/10
Combusken 28/109
Blaziken 3/109

Trainers: 26

Potion
Potion
Potion
Potion
Ancient Tomb
Ancient Tomb
EXP All
Double Full Heal
Energy Recycle System
Pokedex
Pokedex
Pokedex
Professor Oak's Research
High Pressure System
TV Reporter
Life Herb
Team Magma Schemer
Energy Search
Energy Search
Energy Search
Energy Restore
Energy Recycle System
Warp Point
Pokemon Reversal
Master Ball
Lanette's Net Search

Energys

16 Fire Energy

Cipher 2008
31st August 2006, 9:14 PM
Well, your selection of Pokémon is certainly good. Though I don't like Sunny Castform; Castform cards are only seriously good when you have three or four different Castforms in a deck. It's much like Deoxys.

What I don't like is the fact you have only Fire Pokémon in there. If you have it, I suggest Magcargo from EX Unseen Forces. Take out two or three Fire Energy and switch them with Fighting Energy. Of course, only do this if you have the Magcargo in the deck, and I would suggest one or two Magcargo and two Slugma.

Your list for the Trainer cards is all over the place. Sort it out. You have some fairly good ones in there, as well as some useless ones. Lady Outing is a waste of space if you have only one or even two types of Basic Energy in your deck. A complete waste, get rid of it. Team Magma Schemer...better things to waste a Supporter card per turn on. You've only one Team Magma's Pokémon in there.

Ultimately...any water-type decks and you're down. You need counters. If I was playing with that deck I'd add a few Lightning Pokémon in there. Maybe some Manectrics, a Plusle-and-Minun duo perhaps.

It's good. But it has some massive flaws. 6/10.

NateDawg161992
31st August 2006, 9:46 PM
First off sets for the pogeys

Second Wherever you are (except japan) its hl-on(most other countries) or dx-on (us)

third theres is no MONO fire decks out now but the closest would be something like this.

flariados:

Pokemon: 16
4 Ariados (UF)
4 Spinarak (UF, Stun Poison)
4 Flareon ex (UF)
4 Eevee (DS, Call for Family)

Trainers: 31
4 Prof Elm's Training Method
4 Great Ball
4 Mary's Request
2 Rocket's Admin (Copycat if Hl-on)
1 Copy Cat
4 Super Scoop Up
4 Energy Removal 2
3 Battle Frontier
2 Full Flame
1 Scott
1 Atm Rock (Holon GL if HL-ON)
1 Retriever (Full flame if HL-on)

Energy: 13
9 Grass
4 Fire
Shall we begin?

Or crablock which was mentioned in this forum http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=142731

t2rk9 (only HL on):

Pokemon:
4 Lunatone
2 Solrock
4 Arcanine EX
4 Growlithe
2 Holon Trode

Trainers:
4 ER2
4 Pokemon Reversal
2 BF
3 Cursed Stone
4 Swoop
3 Admin
4 Prof Elm Training
4 Mary's Request
1 Scott
1 Steven's Advice
1 Copycat (This could have been the fourt Admin but it has worked fine for me)

Energy:
9 Fire
4 React

You need to read the deck guide lines stickied on the top of the RMD forums.

Also Cipher the DX Magcargo is much better.

FatSnorlaxPwnage6
31st August 2006, 10:55 PM
ive made some changes to it trainer wise, but ill be buying a starter deck to get some newer trainers since i just got back into the game. By then my deck will be much better and i will have the cards to make it more than just a fire deck, im considering using fire/electric. Thoughts?

Cipher 2008
31st August 2006, 11:26 PM
Fire/Electric? EX Trainer Kit 2. It's awesome;,it has cards from sets that aren't legal in DX-on, but ARE legal if in the TK2 print! :D Arcanine from FRLG. Get. It. In. There. Also, plenty Fire and Electric Pokémon, and even (if you want them) a few Psychic Pokémon.

FatSnorlaxPwnage6
31st August 2006, 11:30 PM
can can u post the packs and trainer kit that are considered modified please?

Cipher 2008
31st August 2006, 11:48 PM
As of 1 September 2006, the following sets and cards are legal to use in the Modified Format:

EX Deoxys
EX Emerald
EX Unseen Forces
EX Delta Species
EX Legend Maker
EX Holon Phantoms
EX Crystal Guardians
EX Dragon Frontiers (when released in November)

EX Trainer Kit 2
POP Series 2
POP Series 3
POP Series 4
Black Star Promo Cards 029 and up

All sets released as of September 1, 2006 will be legal for the Modified Format DX-on.

FatSnorlaxPwnage6
31st August 2006, 11:53 PM
Is there a website to look at the expansion symbols and compare them to my cards to see what are legal and whatnot?

Cipher 2008
31st August 2006, 11:59 PM
PokéBeach scans have all the symbols you need. Any more questions, Question Thread in the main TCG forum please.

NateDawg161992
1st September 2006, 1:44 AM
Don't jsut use cards of the same type beause they are the same type, use cards that work together (dx magcargo and dx ludicargo) also if you post a deck please put duplicates as # of card theen card name not the card name 3 times, it makes for easier reading.