PDA

View Full Version : YGO:the type of deck you run.

zeppelin
3rd September 2006, 4:58 PM
As the title says share what the type of deck your using.

Don`t post your decklist here

I currently run a darkmagician deckand have for about a week.

The Requiem
3rd September 2006, 5:47 PM
I'm working with a Manticore of Darkness build.

~RaikouRider243~
3rd September 2006, 6:22 PM
Ninjas all the way this format!

Torkoal Stu
3rd September 2006, 6:33 PM
Roids currently.

However since Cyber Dark Impact is a big bust and the Duelist Pack 2s not looking so good I may not get a new Deck Theme until the set after Strike of the Neos.

But then again I might just get the Edo pack and start a D-Hero deck, but Heroes are awfully overrated...

XD Mewtwo
3rd September 2006, 6:38 PM
I use a water attribute deck.

Judai Yuki
3rd September 2006, 6:42 PM
I started a D-Hero deck, but yesterday I ran roids until I got throughly schooled by insects.

-Judai

Aquadon
4th September 2006, 12:17 AM
I run Armed Dragons, and will pretty much forever.

Unless Dinos take me over...

Mikau
4th September 2006, 2:00 AM
I am currently running a Blue Eyes White Dragon deck. It does pretty good against quite a few decks.

The Requiem
4th September 2006, 3:40 AM
I just started work on getting the things for a Destiny Hero Dasher deck.

Mista-ree
4th September 2006, 3:59 AM
man i have been looking for some yugioh talk about thread finally

i run a attack deck or something like that

meaning 1900 atk and up cards
berserk gorrilla (3
luster (3
amazon wit 1700 atk but goes to 18 then 20 (3
so much cant name
25 atk like
summon skull

i take out peps fast too my deck runs out in like 10 turns

Kimori
4th September 2006, 4:30 AM
I just started an Elemental Hero deck! *bricked for unorginality* XD Just need a few more fusion monsters to complete it. >.> It shouldn't be hard at all to find them..

R-N-B Lover
4th September 2006, 4:59 AM
A LV Deck full of LV monsters.(Horus, Armed Dragon, Mystic Swordsman.) A few Dekiochi's and Royal Decree

Kiruria
4th September 2006, 5:22 AM
My deck is kind of based off the Yugi and Pegasus starter decks, as it has both Dark Magician and Relinquished, but I added a few cards of my own as well. Most of the monsters are Dark or Spellcaster type, and it's pretty balanced with magic cards and traps. There are also two neat combos in there: Eye of Truth + Bad Reaction to Simochi, and Maha Vailo + Axe of Despair/Malevolent Nuzzler. Also I have assistors to get Black Illusion Ritual and Relinquished, such as Sangan/Witch of the Black Forest and Sonic Bird. (It really helps that Relinquished is a level 1 monster with 0 Attack and Defense.)

*I'm planning on adding Thousand Eyes Restrict to my deck when I can find that card... and Polymerization and Thousand Eyes Idol as well.

Jupetta
4th September 2006, 6:52 AM
Ironically I run Gravekeeper... though it is a good decktype I still lose a lot. >_<

~;354;

FireKero!
4th September 2006, 7:47 AM
Dasher decks suck. DOn't run one!

Right now, I'm running a Victory Dragon OTK (proxy) and a Rat Trap deck.

The Requiem
4th September 2006, 7:48 AM
Tech mirror wall.

I'm a Necrovalley fan myself, so trust me. I know their weaknesses.

The Requiem
4th September 2006, 7:53 AM
Dasher decks suck. DOn't run one!

You're a funny guy.

ShinyManafi
4th September 2006, 8:14 AM
Aster Phoenix based deck(E-hero Phoenix Enforcer, Shining Phoenix Enforcer, D-hero Dreadmaster, D-Hero Dogma are my main cards)I usually start off by placing D-Hero Defender and Clock Tower Prison to stall until I get the D-Hero Captain Tenacious/D-Shield combo, then I summon D-Hero Dogma, cut my opponent's LP in half and go for the kill with E-Hero Shining Pheonix Enforcer or D-Hero Dreadmaster

Cyber Dragon deck(Cyber Dragons, Cyber Twin Dragon, Cyber End Dragon,Chimeratech Overdragon, Power Bond, my main cards)I also have two Cyber Laser Dragons, Cyber Barrier Dragon, Proto Cyber Dragons as fillers.I use Pot of Avarice,Fusion Recovery,Monster Reincarnation to reuse Cyber Dragon and Proto.
I usually end the duel by tossing Limiter Removals on Cyber End Dragon with Cyber Pheonix to protect it

The Requiem
4th September 2006, 9:26 AM
Doesent work. Limiter doesent target since it increases all machines.

What you're looking for is Heavy Mech Support Platform.

The monster stays doubled too. Extra cool

Torkoal Stu
4th September 2006, 9:32 AM
Better than the old yet sort of sucessful Interdimensional Matter Transporter where you send it away then get it back but not with double.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
4th September 2006, 11:01 AM
used to run an E hero deck

but now I run a Token-Peirce deck (named by me) where I summon tokens (like Lamb tokens) and give them to my opponent via Magic box or Creature swap (or just use Ojama trio) and summon monsters with the peirce effect (Bitelon, Spear Dragon etc) and attack the tokens to deal large amounts of damage to my opponent. It is still in the works, seeing as I still need to get some lamb token cards (Atm I only have 1 Ojama trio) even tho I am trading for some next week.

Aquadon
4th September 2006, 2:30 PM

I used to use that, actually. They errata'd it, so it doesn't work anymore.

BTW, what's Bitelon?

ShinyManafi
4th September 2006, 4:27 PM

Thats not what I meant, I use Limiter Removal on Cyber End and have Cyber Pheonix protect it from traps that target it when when I attack with Cyber End

Leon Phelps
4th September 2006, 11:40 PM
man i have been looking for some yugioh talk about thread finally

i run a attack deck or something like that

meaning 1900 atk and up cards
berserk gorrilla (3
luster (3
amazon wit 1700 atk but goes to 18 then 20 (3
so much cant name
25 atk like
summon skull

i take out peps fast too my deck runs out in like 10 turns
No one is impressed with a mindless beatdown deck. You don't have to have a theme but I recommend some strategy. Ring of Destruction is back and that will murder you. Amazons? Bleh.

I've been running XYZ and Ojamas for fun this week. My Gravekeeper build is still surprisingly competitive. Necrovalley neutralizes the ever common Premature Burial and Call of the Haunted. They're also versatile.

The Requiem
5th September 2006, 2:37 AM
BTW, what's Bitelon?

The reptile / water version of Dark Driceratops. Common, POTD.

Nylf
5th September 2006, 1:17 PM
Currently Spellcaster, but with Chaos Sorceror's ban, and the fact I still can't find Dark Magician Of Chaos, I'm working on a Dino deck. May also use a Roid deck so I have a little variety.

Before anyone says use the Internet, can't. House rules.

Aquadon
5th September 2006, 2:26 PM
The reptile / water version of Dark Driceratops. Common, POTD.

Oh, that thing. I didn't know it's name.

FireKero!
5th September 2006, 3:22 PM
You're a funny guy.

Haha. Quite funny.

Dasher decks are so inconsistant. And this format, the backrow can stop anything so long as you meet the requirements.

Dasher is inconsistant. I can tell, cause I beat Dale Bellido and Lazaro Bellido and Otto Chan, all using Dasher builds.

zeppelin
5th September 2006, 4:49 PM
ive kinda been out of the game since a couple of months ago,so whats Dasher deck like?

DARKJTB
5th September 2006, 7:26 PM
Light/Earth deck

HarleyScarow
6th September 2006, 7:19 AM
I use a Healing deck, intended to make the opponent run out of cards. I have a lot of good things in this one though, including:

x3 Nimble Mominga
x3 Healing Mermaid
x3 Needle Worm
x3 Dancing Fairy
x3 Marauding Captain

x3 Dian Keto The Cure Master
x3 Messenger of Peace
x3 Poison of the Old Man
x2 Emergency Provisions
x3 Shallow Grave

x2 Gravity Bind
x3 Negate Attack
x3 Solemn Wishes
x3 Enchanted Javalin

The Requiem
6th September 2006, 8:05 AM
Haha. Quite funny.

Dasher decks are so inconsistant. And this format, the backrow can stop anything so long as you meet the requirements.

Dasher is inconsistant. I can tell, cause I beat Dale Bellido and Lazaro Bellido and Otto Chan, all using Dasher builds.

A. It's inconsistent.

B. I dont know those people...

C. If my dasher build took down a Pheonix/Stein build in a match, I'd say its consistent enough for me.

Raito
6th September 2006, 3:55 PM
Aggro, seeing that I think it's coming back

ShinyManafi
6th September 2006, 4:36 PM
I also have an insect deck, I use DNA-Insect Barrier,etc to block the opponent from attcking, then deck them out with the 3 needle worms and reusing them with book of moon, shallow grave, monster reincarnation.I also use Insect Princess to get rid of pesky monsters

FireKero!
7th September 2006, 12:25 AM
A. It's inconsistent.

B. I dont know those people...

C. If my dasher build took down a Pheonix/Stein build in a match, I'd say its consistent enough for me.

A. But really, what deck isn't? *cept for Gadget's*

B. Dale and Lazaro Bellido are two brothers that are some of the best players in this game. Lazar recently top 8'ed at Hamilton. Otto is just a top teir player in the YGO community.

C. Phoenix/Stein. Hm, Sounds interesting. Might try it out.

The Requiem
8th September 2006, 9:20 PM
I was correcting your spelling, not agreeing with you. There are plenty of decks out there right now that arent machine and are definitely consistent.

How dare you indirectly call ratbox inconsistent...

Zora
11th September 2006, 12:22 AM
Fairy.

I use Sanctuary. Summon as many Fairies as possible. Bring out Mudora. Deal a lot of damage. Bring out Agent of Force Mars and eventually end with Agent of Judgement Saturn or Mudora or Agent of Force Mars.

Fairies are also the most unexpected deck type and are hard to counter. Since they are unique type of Offense and Defense, you need to counter them other ways.

Aquadon
11th September 2006, 12:47 AM
I was correcting your spelling, not agreeing with you. There are plenty of decks out there right now that arent machine and are definitely consistent.

How dare you indirectly call ratbox inconsistent...

lol. Ratbox pwns me...

My best strategy is getting out LV5 ASAP, blasting the opponent, and usiing LV7 ftw. It works quite well.

PKMN Legend Anthony
21st September 2006, 8:28 PM
I have been playing Yu-Gi0Oh ever since the Starter Deck Yu-Gi and ever since all i have run is a Dark Magician deck....(Very Proud of tht :D )

Alakazam says Cena Sucks
21st September 2006, 9:07 PM
Stein OTK with Dark World or CHimetech side

and Swarm Monarchs

Xeres
22nd September 2006, 7:23 PM
still have my "Shut Down" and "Stop Hitting yourself" deck.

crashandburn
23rd September 2006, 12:19 AM
I'm using a earth attribute rock deck

PokeMasta
24th September 2006, 1:31 AM
I have Insect, Fire, Spellcaster, Water, Dragon, Kaiba, and Yugi(in the shop)

Alakazam says Cena Sucks
24th September 2006, 2:33 AM
Stein OTK
Freed Return
Dark World
Soul Control

my 4 decks atm... i made 2 more decks today

.Bright Side.
24th September 2006, 4:18 AM
I use a deck with a lot of unexpected cards for the occasional:
"What does that do?"

Alakazam says Cena Sucks
24th September 2006, 5:16 AM
I use a deck with a lot of unexpected cards for the occasional:
"What does that do?"

My old Monarch deck that lived off Dark Coffins had that effect

Lynn_Onyx
30th September 2006, 7:53 AM
i use a toon deck and im proud of it!!! anyway...still trying to find toon dark magician girl

Bulbasaur trainer, James
30th September 2006, 12:08 PM
I have a E-Hero Deck, a Fan-Boy Deck (For fun, I use the girl cards that wierd people go ga-ga over, like Cyber Tutu and DMG), I'm making an Antique Gear Deck, Alien deck and I'm working on some other projects.

Heh, heh I'm making a Toon Deck and I have 2 Toon Dark Magician Girls! :D

Lynn_Onyx
30th September 2006, 2:16 PM
Heh, heh I'm making a Toon Deck and I have 2 Toon Dark Magician Girls! :D
dude no way!!! i've been looking for toon dark magician girl for like forever!!!

Hoshi no Kabii
7th October 2006, 9:24 PM
I decided to switch over to a strange variation of a burn deck for fun. It only has about 8 monsters, none of which are used to attack. It's basically getting a crapload of LP(8,000 a turn by monster effects + LP regaining Magic Cards = pwnage), then flip Begone, Knave/Des Counterblow and Messenger of Peace/Wall of Revealing Light and burn without worrying about LP. I never intended for it to be serious, but I'm actually winning with it.

usaru
7th October 2006, 9:45 PM
I have a earth deck,fire deck, aqua deck, dark deck, wind deck , and my favorite a trap deck.

price
11th October 2006, 2:43 AM
I have to decks the first is zombies and the second has a bunch of non effect monsters,2 diminsanal(sp) fissures,life absorb(I think thats the name) and a Gren maju de ezia.Both of these aren't the best but,there not the worst in the world.

Alakazam says Cena Sucks
13th October 2006, 3:29 AM
I made some new decks...

Life Equalizer Blasting the Ruins OTK
Reversal Quiz OTK
Clock Work Control

cost me maybe 40 bucks total for all 3 =D

nice and cheap

Charziken
13th October 2006, 3:52 AM
I, personally, run a sea serpent/dragon deck with a fair amout of spells and traps added in. Haven't been able to try it out yet but the results should be good.

Manaphy Master
13th October 2006, 2:55 PM
I have a reptile deck.

ShinyManafi
13th October 2006, 7:41 PM
I just built a light Spellcaster/Fairy deck

Dratini910
14th October 2006, 6:42 PM
Spellcaster for me. *Cuddles Familiar Possessed Cards* And proud

The Requiem
14th October 2006, 7:03 PM
Vampire Lord deck.
Skill Drain deck.

Enough said.

Hoshi no Kabii
14th October 2006, 8:38 PM
Well what do you know, I have a new deck. This one's based on burning cards to get XYZ Dragon out as fast as possible.

assassin oates
27th October 2006, 9:15 PM
i use a dark magician deck

i have these dark magicians:

sorceror of dark magic
dark magician girl
dark magician
dark magicain knight
dark erdicator warlock
skilled dark magician

so i can pwn my enemies with dark magicain if it gets tough ill try summon sorceror of dark magic

oh and i use red eyes B.chick->red eyes B.dragon-> red eyes darkness dragon

and kaiberman-> blue eyes white dragon

soon ill form a cyber dragon deck when i get some cyber dragons

Magne-2000lbs.
1st November 2006, 2:08 AM
I use a Dark & Light deck. The main reason why is cause of Chaos Emperor Dragon and Black Luster Soldier(Envoy of course)
I love my envoys!
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/dragonballzcentral_1922_61259468
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/dragonballzcentral_1917_1319955009

Munchy.42
6th November 2006, 6:59 PM
I run a Chazz deck that has 3 unbeatable combos! (they probably are beatable but i couldn't think of another word to put) They are Inferno Tempest and Return from a Different Dimension*,Ojama Smackdown** and Destruction Field***!

*remove al;l cards from play with Inferno Tempest then use RfaDD to summon them all back and attack your opponent!

**Use Ojama Trio to summon Ojama Black,Yellow and Green then use Ojama Delta Hurricane to destroy all of my opponents cards that they have on the field.Then i use Ojama Trio to put 3 Ojama tokens on their field. Next i use Polymeryzation (or Fusion Gate) to fuse the Ojamas together to fusion summon Ojama King. Then i use Ojamuscle to destroy all of the Ojama Tokens,know Ojama Kings Attack is 3000 and i use 3 Fusion Weapons and 1 Reinforcment to make Ojama Kings Atk 8000.Then i attack my opponent and win!

***I summon all of my most powerful monsters use a card like Lightening Vortex and attack my opponent with all of my strongest cards such as Armed Dragon Lv10,VWXYZ-Dragon Catapult Cannon and Despair from the Dark!

TraverseTown
6th November 2006, 9:31 PM
I'm a Vehicroid user.

Gentleman Skeleton
3rd December 2006, 9:17 PM
I run a Fire Deck, a Machine Deck, two Elemental Hero decks, an Archfiend Deck, and a Water Deck.

Praetor
21st December 2006, 3:26 PM
Very oddly I run a spirit deck, A fairy deck and A counter burn deck, some of the wierdest i suppose. but hey I'm old school.

JoJo@210
22nd December 2006, 4:19 AM
I have a Trad. Beatdown deck and I love it. It ain't no 1900 normal monster hitters neither. I put alot of money into finding all the cards to mak this recipe and it eally suits me fine. Once I pull like 10 cards from my deck, I just wipe 8000 out like that.

I got two adv. decks in the making still that need a little more tweaking, I just need to buy a few more cards to complete my recipe for my Dark Paladin spellcaster deck and my Mystic Swordsman Lv Warrior Deck.

I got a few mor decks as well, but their just for fun, like my Exodia deck, Insect deck, and Water deck. I got a burn deck as well that gains life points and all you have to do is just defend yourself and draw to gain yourself and burn others, but I get bored with them so I hardly use them.

The deck I'm trying to make right now is cuteness/Girl Princess Deck with Pikeru and Curran with some cute monsters and gaga girls like nimble, bubonic vermins, Gaurdian st. Joan and St. Joan. Made one before but not with the Princesses.

zeppelin
22nd December 2006, 9:22 AM
My advance Earth beatdown is what i use now.
When im not using my M.U.D. deck i use a Spell Counter Deck.

~Sirnight~
22nd December 2006, 12:51 PM
Have I posted here? Ah well, I run a Macro deck as my main one, doesn't win much competitively, but it gets where it needs to go. And once STON comes out and I get my hands on them Cybernetic Werewolves, a Vanilla deck is in the making.

Jimmy-Foster
24th December 2006, 6:14 AM
Jaden deck I have em all from avian to shining flare wingman and E-gero Neos to N-flare scarb im currently trying to get the neo spacian cards for my deck ive only got 6 or so power of the duelist packs and with chirstmas on monday im sure to get some good cards I also run a Dragon deck that over powers the oppoinent with powerful dragons like Blue eyes and the Five headed dragon yes I got it. I also have a roid and Gear deck in the making and I have a dino, yugi, Hamon decks kicking around.

K-os
24th December 2006, 10:40 AM
Dragon deck. 3 Blue eyes white dragon, a Blue eyes ultimate dragon, and my trusted pal Buster Blader.

PsychedelicJellyfish
24th December 2006, 3:32 PM
I run three diffferent Decks:

A Run-Your-Opponent-Out-Of-Cards Deck, made by adapting Zombie Madness (and damn, it works well! Reaper on the Nightmare PWNZORS!)
A Dark Magician deck, adapted from Spellcaster's Judgement. 4 DMs, 2 DMGs and a Sorcerer of Dark Magic build the basic strategy. I once managed to raise SDM's attack to 5700
A Ritual-based deck, the finishing move of which is summoning Thousand-Eyes Restrict. It works quite well, but I discovered a few fatal flaws which I'm rectifying

I'm also working on what I call a 'Woodland Deck,' based around Insect, Plant and Fairy Monsters. I want to prove that they're not utterly useless.

I used to have a Blitzkrieg-style deck, but it had no strategy and always fell to decks that did.

Mechtaur
24th December 2006, 4:02 PM
I tend to use an advance format D. D. Deck.

In other words, I use the Different Dimension Monsters.

.Bright Side.
24th December 2006, 4:31 PM
I"m running and advance format Chain burn deck.

Aquadon
24th December 2006, 5:45 PM
I'm trying Armed Dragon again. After all, I have new tech for it :D

ShinyManafi
24th December 2006, 5:49 PM
Once I get some new Sleeves, I might try my hand at making a CyberDark deck, for fun;)

Steven Apprentice
24th December 2006, 5:53 PM
In the games I am going to run an END Deck (E-Hero, Neo Spacian, D-Hero) but before that when i really had cards I ran a Chaos deck with my B-Soldier-Envoy and Chaos Dragon-Envoy. But sadly I had to sell them for some money and savings for D/P

Comet
26th December 2006, 8:25 AM
I'm quite the connisier of Yu-gi-oh myself, though one thing that I have trouble going against are these "Meta-game' decks that try mimick a wayset type of play such as MTG. While I do play Magic the gathering also and find terms such as "card advantage" and "Aggro, non aggro, etc" useful there, I find in Yu-gi-oh TCG that it's fairly unneeed and, in soem cases (The use of the term "Card advantage) quite stupid, and otherwise unruly in the game. A certian playtype in Yu-gi-oh ust for winnign ruins the game outright.

After hearing my Off-topic rant, I apologize. all it's managed to show is where I stand and where I have been, leading to what my deck type might be.

As far as what exactly my deck-type might be, I beleive it's more of a "Favourite card" deck, being full of my favourite cards and how I tend to use them, no specfic deck them other then small relations being type, subtype, or card-type (effect, fusion, etc). I've been told I'm one doosy to duel, though I haven't bothered to updated my deck with any ofthe newest booster (Dark whatchamacallit...has the dArk Cyber dragon in it). I might post my deck type if people seem to like it all the same.

Hope you all have a happy time dueling and playing away! Hapy New-Year all the same.

Phaeton
26th December 2006, 2:48 PM
I run a few now:

Monarch Soul Control
Chain Strike Burn
Ben Kei

Freya
27th December 2006, 4:37 AM
Hmm deck that is still together that is illegal...a D-hero deck, currently im using a Dinosuar deck perfectly legal uses alot of cards from the new structure deck...

Midnite
27th December 2006, 2:48 PM
Back then in 2004, I ran a Sphinx/ Twilight Deck (kinda) when you were allowed to run 2 Witches. Then I lost most my cards the quit Yugioh.
Now in 2006, I came back with a "terrible" Earth Deck with the help of the Rock Structure deck.