PDA

View Full Version : Contest Team??

Kiruria
4th September 2006, 5:04 AM
I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but...

I'm starting to build a "contest team" in Sapphire and I have a hard time choosing which Pokemon to use for each condition. My goal is to get at least one Pokemon per condition into the art museum...

What I will provide is a couple of Pokemon for each condition, and I need suggestions on which Pokemon to use and how I can improve the movesets.

**I'm not posting natures because I will automatically pick a Pokemon with a nature favoring its condition.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cool Pokemon:

;227; Skarmory
Agility
Double Team
Swift
Peck

;359; Absol
Double Team
Quick Attack
Swords Dance/Slash OR Faint Attack/Razor Wind

Beauty Pokemon

;272; Ludicolo
Surf
Dive
Sunny Day
Solarbeam

;267; Beautifly
Sunny Day
Morning Sun
Silver Wind
Flash or Attract?

;351; Castform
Ember
Sunny Day
Hail
Powder Snow

Cute Pokemon

;300; Skitty
Charm
Tail Whip or Rest
Attract
Covet

;339; Barboach
Mud-Slap
Mud Sport
Water Sport
Water Gun

Smart Pokemon

;307; Meditite
Hi Jump Kick
Mind Reader
Calm Mind
Confusion
**This is the exact moveset my existing Medicham has, but that Medicham has a Relaxed nature so it hates green Pokeblocks... So I'll breed it or catch a new one.

;355; Duskull
Night Shade
Disable
Confuse Ray
Pursuit

Tough Pokemon

;369; Relicanth
Harden
Take Down
Rain Dance
Water Gun
*Or should I put Tackle somewhere in there?

;366; Clamperl
Rain Dance
Clamp
Iron Defense
Waterfall??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I could really use help on this... My primary concern is whether or not multiple combos will work... for example, take the Barboach I posted. Mud Slap and Mud Sport are a combo, and Mud Sport and Water Sport are a combo. On turn 1, I use Mud-Slap. On turn 2, I use Mud Sport, which gets double appeal points because it's a combo. If on turn 3 I use Water Sport, will I get double appeal points or not?

Other suggestions are appreciated as well.

aquasuicune
4th September 2006, 7:56 PM
No, you cannot make multiple combos. Turn 1:combo set-up Turn 2:Combo Turn 3:Combo set up etc.

medaton
4th September 2006, 8:32 PM
go with these: cute: skitty [] cool: pikachu/absol [] beauty: castform [] smart: gloom [] tough: registeel []

but your teams look prtty good too. i used the above and go the statue, even though i didn't use natures.

Kiruria
5th September 2006, 6:30 AM
No, you cannot make multiple combos. Turn 1:combo set-up Turn 2:Combo Turn 3:Combo set up etc.

Thanks for the tip! So now, by process of elimination, I have Absol, Castform, Skitty, Meditite, and Relicanth on my contest team--all I have to do is get those Pokemon to learn the right moves.

Eeh, and Registeel is hard to catch... But hey, if I just caught Kyogre without a Master Ball, I guess I could do the same with Registeel...

Shadow Tyranitar
8th September 2006, 7:04 AM
the net balls or whatever ball works well on water and bug pokemon is the second easiest way (the first is master ball,of course) to get kyogre,of course you have to beat him up first (get his health to red zone).

PatTar
8th September 2006, 7:45 AM
still not sure if these are allowed...

POTW is the only place i know for good contest sets.

Shadow Tyranitar
8th September 2006, 7:51 AM
me neither,I saw this thread when it first came out and passed it up thinking it would be closed.I have no contest status at all.I've never even joined a contest before..................

Icosahedron
18th September 2006, 1:09 AM
The Relicanth looks good. I beat the Master Rank Tough contest with a Shuppet. Curse/Spite FTW! What I would do is give it just enough Pokeblocks so that it would always go last in the contest. On the first turn, I'd use Spite, then I'd use Curse, then Spite again, and so on. It generally works very well, but in the Hyper and Master ranks it becomes based on luck a lot.

I also used Barboach for the Cute contests. I just abused Water Sport and Mud Sport and soft resetted until I won. That Barboach also had Pokeblock support.

Want to know something really weird? I won the Master Rank Smart contest with a Lunatone, of all things. I can't remember how, though. But I just checked its condition and it's maxed out in Smartness.

I hope that helped, and good luck on the contests!