PDA

View Full Version : i need a strong bf water pokemon

bigboss1022
4th September 2006, 5:41 AM
i want one that has really strong surf and ice beam and some other attack type. i want either lapras, vaporeon or blastoise. what is the best? also if i train them can i get them to have at least 300 sp. atk and atk? and i need a question answered on EVs. if i train against spinda and carvahna wont it eventually take forever to level up? if i went through the game with them once with them in sapphire and trade back would they have good stats?

Tazzler
4th September 2006, 6:07 AM
Starmie@Leftovers
Modest Nature
-Psychic
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt

howdodo
4th September 2006, 6:24 AM
vaporeon@lefties
bold
-surf
-ice beam
-wish/toxic
-protect/haze

bigboss1022
4th September 2006, 6:27 AM
how about
lapras@Modest
Ice Beam
Surf
body Slam
Thunderbolt

Somebody
4th September 2006, 6:29 AM
how about
lapras@Modest
Ice Beam
Surf
body Slam
Thunderbolt
Rest>Body Slam. B-Slam won't be doing jack to special walls anyway.

blaziken05
4th September 2006, 6:36 AM
Blastoise@Leftovers
Bold/Calm
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Rest
-Counter/Mirror Coat

More of a wall, though.

Comis Patronus
4th September 2006, 6:37 AM
Milotic.....calm or modest @ leftovers
Surf
Ice Beam
Mirror Coat
Recover
lol it's Milotic. XD

blaziken05
4th September 2006, 6:39 AM
Mirror Coat won't be doing enough. RestTalk or Recover+Hypnosis.

Somebody
4th September 2006, 6:41 AM
Bold on Milotic as well.

blaziken05
4th September 2006, 6:45 AM
Or
Swampert@Leftovers
Brave/Relaxed/Sassy/Quiet
-Ice Beam
-Earthquake
-Surf/Curse/Rest
-Surf/Curse/Rest

Hey Micky!
4th September 2006, 7:40 AM
This isn't the "Give me a team" forum.

And to answer your questions:

1) "also if i train them can i get them to have at least 300 sp. atk and atk?"

For a handful of Pokemon over 300 Atk and SAtk is possible, however not advised. Stick to one line of offence, special or physical. Mixed Sweepers are mainly only used against other players, the comptuer doesn't have complicated enough (or predictable enough) strategies to justify the wasting of EVs.

2) "and i need a question answered on EVs. if i train against spinda and carvahna wont it eventually take forever to level up?"

You only EV train against them, once you've done EV training you can level normally. Using Vitamins up until you get 100 EVs is advised (10 vitamins per Ev stat trained), after that you need to train the rest against other pokes.

3) if i went through the game with them once with them in sapphire and trade back would they have good stats?

They would have the same stats. Trading Pokemon speeds up their levelling rate and thats it, no matter which version the Pokemon is on it's Stats will remain the same.

Once again, this isn't the "Give me XYX forum" and there's enough answers here as far as advice goes, pick one of the sets and excercise your best judgement.

/Closed