PDA

View Full Version : RMT FireRed Please

Gengar 1337
5th September 2006, 4:14 AM
Well, i've decided i'm finally going to give up my orginal team on FireRed to compose a possibly far more superior team that can withstand the obstacles within the game. Only this time, i've got no means of Wireless Trade so i cannot get some Pokemon that i had used before (Machamp, Gengar, Golem), as well as multiple Items (Leftovers for all the world .. GRR). Alas, i'm trying a new approach and hopefully i'll be able to complete the game with these pokemon :).

;003; Venosaur @ nothing
Trait: Overgrow
Nature: Bold
- Sunny Day
- Solar Beam
- Toxic
- Leech Seed

;034; Nidoking @ Nothing
Trait: Poison Point
Nature: Adament
- Focus Punch
- Megahorn
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb

;086; Dodrio @ Nothing
Trait: Early Bird
Nature: Adament
- Drill Peck
- Steel Wing
- Agility
- Return

;131; Lapras @ Leftovers
Trait: Shell Armor
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic

;149; Dragonite @ Leftovers
Trait: Inner Focus
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw

As for the final position, i was clueless myself. I've established an Annoyer (partially), 2 Physical Sweepers, 1 Special Sweeper, 1 Mixed Sweeper (More Physical), and now i think i'm in need of a possible tank to use. Yes, i'm low on current ideals, but i think a Snorlax was good of a choice.

;143; Snorlax @ Nothing
Trait: Immunity
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Protect
- HP (Dark)

The top are my prime choices for challenging all the gyms, the E4, then the Islands. As for the final 6th, that one is completely my guess, i'm not sure if their stats would be wise for my needs (my Special is way off). I'd use a Weezing but a Flamethrower would kill it, since Sp Def. is way low.

Frost Nova
5th September 2006, 4:20 PM
Venusaur@lefties
Careful / Sassy Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis / Razor Leaf / Magical Leaf
- Sludge Bomb

Sassy if you're going for a grass move to take advantage of STAB and Overgrow, otherwise use Careful.

Nidoking@Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Sludge Bomb
- Megahorn
- Shadow Ball / Rock Slide

Double STAB + Megahorn for the kill. Shadow Ball is for Ghosts which the other three won't hit. Don't try to kill Psychics with it. Rock Slide lets you hit flyers hard.

Dodrio@Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Drill Peck
- Return
- Steel Wing / HP [Fighting / Ground]
- Quick Attack

Steel Wing if you can't be bothered to breed for the right Hidden Power. Quick Attack is for Reversalers which do pop up once in a while.

Lapras@lefties
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- T-Bolt
- Rest

Trait: Water Absorb

This thing works great against other Waters with Water Absorb, T-Bolt and great Spec. Def. Constant Leftovers recovery is better than just Chesto Rest. If you're really short on lefties use Chesto Berry.

Dragonite@lefties
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- T-Bolt / Ice Beam / Thunder

Dragonite@lefties
Quiet Nature
- T-Bolt / Flamethrower
- Ice Beam / Dragon Claw
- Sub
- Focus Punch

Draggy can pull off both sets with ease. Dragon Dancing set cleans like no other, Subpunching set can hit both physical and special walls hard. If you're going for Subpunching set use either BoltBeam or FlameClaw. Since you have a BoltBeamer use FlameClaw since it covers everything for neutral damage and gains STAB. The last move for the Dragon Dancing set is to take out physical walls like Skarmory.

Snorlax@lefties
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Return
- Shadow Ball / Earthquake
- Rest

The infamous Curselax. One of the best special walls out there along with Blissey and Regice. Shadow Ball is for Ghosts, and Earthquake for Steels. Use Earthquake if you have a definite counter to handle ghosts.

Pick either Dodrio or Nidoking as your Choice Bander, seeing you need some sort of physical wall and BoltBeam resistance. Five pokemon in your team die to BoltBeam.