PDA

View Full Version : Rate my Random Hatch team

willdawg
6th September 2006, 4:27 AM
So after a random small collection of Eggs gathered in my Pokemon Box I decided to restart my Ruby, catch 5 ramdom pokemon and trade in and hatch 6 random eggs. Here is my team at the time of hatching:

Zigzagoon - Bashful
Tackle
Growl
Tail Whip
Extremespeed

Psyduck - Jolly
Scratch
Psychic
Tail Whip

Taillow - Docile
Sky Attack
Aerial Ace
Steel Wing
Facade

Swablu - Gentle
Peck
Growl
False Swipe

Ponyta - Gentle
Tackle
Growl

Kangaskan - Rash
Comet Punch
Leer
Earthquake

I can restart my game at least 2 more times with the remaining eggs. So who knows what I'll have next time.

Frost Nova
6th September 2006, 7:20 AM
Linoone@Salac Berry
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Substitute
- Extremespeed / Return / Flail
- Shadow Ball

Sub up, Belly Drum once and it'll activate Salac. Extremespeed / Return / Flail to your heart's content. Watch out for Tyranitar or any form of physical walls.

Golduck@lefties
Timid / Hasty Nature
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hypnosis / Psychic / Cross Chop

Use Hasty with Cross Chop, otherwise use Timid.

Swellow@Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Steel Wing / HP [Ground / Fighting]
- Quick Attack
- Return / Facade

Facade works with Guts, but it tends to be a bit too situational. Return if you want constant, reliable damage. Quick Attack finishes off Flailers / Reveralers.

Altaria@lefties
Modest Nature
- Sing
- Rest
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Claw

Rest works well with Altaria's ability. Nothing resists FlameClaw, and it gains physical STAB. If you want a physical moveset, here's the set.

Altaria@lefties
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Rest / Fire Blast

Rest as explained above. Fire Blast to get rid of things like Skarmory that might come in and wall you.

Rapidash@lefties
Adamant Nature
- Hypnosis
- Overheat
- Iron Tail
- HP [Ground / Rock / Fighting] / Body Slam / Charm / Quick Attack

Rapidash's got all that attack but no physical moves to use it. Probably the best set he has. If you want to you can try out Sunnybeaming.

Rapidash@lefties
Modest Nature
- Sunny Day
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Solarbeam
- Hypnosis / HP [Ice]

Kangaskhan@lefties
Adamant Nature
- Sub
- Focus Punch
- Return
- Shadow Ball

Nothing resists both Focus Punch and Shadow Ball. Return is for STAB.

You've got nothing whatsoever that can take a hit. A wall is desperately needed, and some special presence would be useful in the team.

ZNtelle
6th September 2006, 12:19 PM
So CM Golduck doesn't qualify as a special presence in this team, amirite? ;]

Frost Nova
6th September 2006, 4:03 PM
wtf was I smoking? Forgot about Golduck, sorry.

N_T you got yourself an avatar........

willdawg
7th September 2006, 2:28 AM
Yeah not the best team I could have hatched, but given that they will be the only pokemon I use in the game means that I should have about a 5 level+ advantage until the E4 rolls around. But the good thing with this team is that if I remember correctly some of the random eggs I have gotten over the past few years and stored in Box means that I could have a really sweet team next time, but it also means that I could have a team with 4 Rock/Ground types on it. We'll know by the middle of the month.

Peace