View Full Version : Rate my Random Hatch team

6th September 2006, 4:27 AM
So after a random small collection of Eggs gathered in my Pokemon Box I decided to restart my Ruby, catch 5 ramdom pokemon and trade in and hatch 6 random eggs. Here is my team at the time of hatching:

Zigzagoon - Bashful
Tail Whip

Psyduck - Jolly
Tail Whip

Taillow - Docile
Sky Attack
Aerial Ace
Steel Wing

Swablu - Gentle
False Swipe

Ponyta - Gentle

Kangaskan - Rash
Comet Punch

I can restart my game at least 2 more times with the remaining eggs. So who knows what I'll have next time.

Frost Nova
6th September 2006, 7:20 AM
Linoone@Salac Berry
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Substitute
- Extremespeed / Return / Flail
- Shadow Ball

Sub up, Belly Drum once and it'll activate Salac. Extremespeed / Return / Flail to your heart's content. Watch out for Tyranitar or any form of physical walls.

Timid / Hasty Nature
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hypnosis / Psychic / Cross Chop

Use Hasty with Cross Chop, otherwise use Timid.

Swellow@Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Steel Wing / HP [Ground / Fighting]
- Quick Attack
- Return / Facade

Facade works with Guts, but it tends to be a bit too situational. Return if you want constant, reliable damage. Quick Attack finishes off Flailers / Reveralers.

Modest Nature
- Sing
- Rest
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Claw

Rest works well with Altaria's ability. Nothing resists FlameClaw, and it gains physical STAB. If you want a physical moveset, here's the set.

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Rest / Fire Blast

Rest as explained above. Fire Blast to get rid of things like Skarmory that might come in and wall you.

Adamant Nature
- Hypnosis
- Overheat
- Iron Tail
- HP [Ground / Rock / Fighting] / Body Slam / Charm / Quick Attack

Rapidash's got all that attack but no physical moves to use it. Probably the best set he has. If you want to you can try out Sunnybeaming.

Modest Nature
- Sunny Day
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Solarbeam
- Hypnosis / HP [Ice]

Adamant Nature
- Sub
- Focus Punch
- Return
- Shadow Ball

Nothing resists both Focus Punch and Shadow Ball. Return is for STAB.

You've got nothing whatsoever that can take a hit. A wall is desperately needed, and some special presence would be useful in the team.

6th September 2006, 12:19 PM
So CM Golduck doesn't qualify as a special presence in this team, amirite? ;]

Frost Nova
6th September 2006, 4:03 PM
wtf was I smoking? Forgot about Golduck, sorry.

N_T you got yourself an avatar........

7th September 2006, 2:28 AM
Yeah not the best team I could have hatched, but given that they will be the only pokemon I use in the game means that I should have about a 5 level+ advantage until the E4 rolls around. But the good thing with this team is that if I remember correctly some of the random eggs I have gotten over the past few years and stored in Box means that I could have a really sweet team next time, but it also means that I could have a team with 4 Rock/Ground types on it. We'll know by the middle of the month.