PDA

View Full Version : Official One Piece Manga Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Rex Kamex
6th September 2006, 9:56 PM
WILL MOST DEFINITELY CONTAIN SPOILERS.

This thread is to, of course, discuss the One Piece manga. If you have anything to say about the manga series, please discuss it here. If whatever you want to say is in the Japanese manga only, and the scene or character has not appeared in America yet, please use spoiler tags. Yeah.

Speaking of the Japanese One Piece, I just found out some information about Chapter 426, the one with the color spread. Even though this is in spoilers, I think you're gonna want to find out what happens at the end of the chapter for yourself. One of the biggest One Piece cliffhangers I can think of...

I personally consider One Piece to be one of my all-time favorite mangas, and I have every volume that has been released in America (11). Volume 12 is coming out in October, and Volume 43 (!) has just been released in Japan.

Anyways, discuss.

EDIT: Forget the spoiler tag things for this thread. It's too much for me to keep telling people to use 'em.

BattleFranky~40
6th September 2006, 10:22 PM
I have a feeling that Lucci is gonna get sent flying into that huge-*** door.

And no more Sogeking :(

Kecleon Freak
6th September 2006, 10:52 PM
Glad to see Usopp's back. Now I can't wait to see what his weapon can do. He's been pretty useless this arc, so I am wondering what Oda has planned for him.

BattleFranky~40
6th September 2006, 10:55 PM
Glad to see Usopp's back. Now I can't wait to see what his weapon can do. He's been pretty useless this arc, so I am wondering what Oda has planned for him.
Usopp? Useless? He singlehandedly saved Robin by sniping Spanda and his marines with a slingshot from extremely far away while the wind was blowing heavily. Plus, Sogeking is one of the things that made this arc ****ing awesome

Catalyst
10th September 2006, 2:20 AM
Sogeking>>>All.

<3 Chopper's new form. Franky will join the crew, and IMO so will Kokoro and Chimney by the looks of it.

Kecleon Freak
10th September 2006, 2:37 AM
Franky:

I guess useless was the wrong word. I meant that Usopp has been beaten badly so many times in this arc (once against the Franky Family. once against Franky, once against Luffy, and once against Jabura), he's going to need a real shining moment. His stint against Spandabear and those marines was cool, and he was instrumental in saving Robin, but I don't think that's all Oda has planned. I think the best Usopp moment is yet to come.

Monster Chopper is indeed awesome, but I get the feeling that somehow he is going to job for some powerful character sometime in the future.

bigboss1022
13th September 2006, 4:33 AM
i love one piece. is it done in japan? what volume does it go up to? ive only read the first 4 volumes but i plan to read the rest

BattleFranky~40
13th September 2006, 4:36 AM
i love one piece. is it done in japan? what volume does it go up to? ive only read the first 4 volumes but i plan to read the rest

It is currently up to Volume 109. Still going.

Also

From what I've heard, the way Lucci v Luffy ends is pretty lame, though I need to see it for myself. He apparently takes him out with a Jet Gatling Gun

Rex Kamex
13th September 2006, 9:15 PM
It is currently up to Volume 109. Still going.

109?! Volume 43 was released a week ago, and the chapters we're in now would be Volume 45 material.

BattleFranky~40
13th September 2006, 10:10 PM
109?! Volume 43 was released a week ago, and the chapters we're in now would be Volume 45 material.

Damnit, don't give him the actual information.

Xanatos
13th September 2006, 10:24 PM
What volumes of One Piece Manga are in the U.S? Because I think there are only 12.

BattleFranky~40
13th September 2006, 10:33 PM
What volumes of One Piece Manga are in the U.S? Because I think there are only 12.

You just answered your own question.

Catalyst
13th September 2006, 10:46 PM
The latest chapter failed me, no more Sogeking.

Kecleon Freak
13th September 2006, 10:58 PM
Hmm...According to the new spoilers, Lucci's defeat is less than spectacular. Kind of a shame, with all that buildup, but with all the damage Luffy's taken, it's more realistic to have him just barely win.

BattleFranky~40
13th September 2006, 11:05 PM
The latest chapter failed me, no more Sogeking.

There's always the chance of Usopp henshining into Sogeking later.

Catalyst
13th September 2006, 11:09 PM
I hope he does, Furanki. =<

Also, the way Luffy wins is a bit lame, I expected a much bigger struggle, so Luffy is like... near dead and Usopp carries him aboard.

Xanatos
13th September 2006, 11:18 PM
You just answered your own question.

Oh, well I asked, because the last time I cheacked for One Piece was april.

BattleFranky~40
13th September 2006, 11:19 PM
I hope he does, Furanki. =<

Also, the way Luffy wins is a bit lame, I expected a much bigger struggle, so Luffy is like... near dead and Usopp carries him aboard.
I expected Luffy to use Giant Rifle and send Lucci into the Gates of Justice.

raticatelover
14th September 2006, 6:28 AM
Also just know how he was defeated. We still do not know what will happen to him after Luffy lands the attack. He could still fly into the bridge.

BattleFranky~40
14th September 2006, 10:54 PM
Lucci's not getting back up.

raticatelover
15th September 2006, 1:33 AM
Great chapter this week. Really great.

BattleFranky~40
15th September 2006, 2:33 AM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d46/JoelBurger/Raptor%20Jesus%20Is%20Watching%20You/KochikameCameo.jpg
Plus, a Kochikame cameo.

Catalyst
19th September 2006, 9:04 PM
0_0

Holyshit, now I never saw that coming.

Kecleon Freak
21st September 2006, 12:45 AM
428 spoilers are out. Merry's back, the Franky Family aren't dead, and Oda's got a whole lot of explaining to do. I hope that Iceburg didn't rebuild it (That would mean Kaku lied and that would be a lame deus ex machina), i'd even be fine with it being the Klabautermann who rebuilt it, but either way, the ship is repaired, and there better be a good explanation.

This arc has been great mostly, but it needs a really strong finish, like in Alabasta and Skypiea. If the crew just leaves, I will be very disappointed.

Catalyst
23rd September 2006, 4:02 AM
You just had the strong finish really, "OH SHI-- MERRY!"

lyder
25th September 2006, 10:14 AM
Oda's got a whole lot of explaining to do.

I'm not Oda-sensei but the only explanation I could think is that Going Merry was carried by a current which passes Enies Lobby.

If the crew just leaves, I will be very disappointed.

I think you'll be... retreat is very imminent.

Chris
25th September 2006, 12:03 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d46/JoelBurger/Raptor%20Jesus%20Is%20Watching%20You/KochikameCameo.jpg
Plus, a Kochikame cameo.
So Oda did do something for Kochikame's 30th anniversary? Nifty. Although I would have liked to have seen something similar to what Toriyama did. XD

raticatelover
27th September 2006, 5:52 AM
428 was crazy. Now the arc is really wrapping up. In the next 12-24 hours probably there'll be spoilers.

BattleFranky~40
3rd October 2006, 4:08 AM
http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/9629/1819tw8.png
Yays. Merman Island next maybe?

Also, it seems as though Enel is wailing on the moon.

Blaziryu
3rd October 2006, 4:25 PM
I think that Straw Hats next destination will be Elbaf, Island of the Giants. They might as well go there now since Kashi and Oimo (the giants at Enies Lobby) are planning on going home.

BattleFranky~40
5th October 2006, 12:11 AM
Wow, what a heated chapter. I felt like I was burning up in excitement.

And Usopp was literally crying a river.

MugenKeiji
5th October 2006, 6:25 AM
I was crying too actually...

raticatelover
5th October 2006, 6:28 AM
Wow the latest chapter is worth the week break. The goodbye was astounding. All loose ends are wrappin up so cant wait to see where Oda is taking the story now.

/\One Piece/\
5th October 2006, 4:31 PM
Did Franky Get on the Ship with them?

mugen33
6th October 2006, 12:13 AM
I think i learned something in school today about One Piece. You know Aesop, the guy who wrote all those fables like the Tortoise and the Hare? I think Oda got Ussop's name from that guy, cause he tells storys too. Do you think im right?

Kecleon Freak
6th October 2006, 1:17 AM
Dang.. This chapter was really sad, when you think about how long the crew has been with Merry and all they've been through together. When Merry spoke, I was watery eyed. By the end I was in tears.

Rex Kamex
6th October 2006, 10:08 PM
I think i learned something in school today about One Piece. You know Aesop, the guy who wrote all those fables like the Tortoise and the Hare? I think Oda got Ussop's name from that guy, cause he tells storys too. Do you think im right?

I'm not sure, but that might have been part of it. I think "Uso" means liar though. Of course, he could've combined "Uso" with "Aesop". It depends on whether or not Japan knows about him. Interesting though.

There was something I noticed about Water 7. I forgot if I already said this or not, but 7 is the pH number for water (or something like that). I know there are, like, 7 gates or something in Water 7, but maybe this is where Oda got the idea.

Catalyst
7th October 2006, 12:17 AM
Mayn, that chapter was just emotional ownage, I was suprised Luffy cried. o_0

lyder
9th October 2006, 5:17 AM
I think they'll gonna fetch Zoro a new sword...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Zoro: Hey Luffy, I need a new sword...

Soge King: I was able to conquer Sword Island once... blah... blah... blah...

Chopper and Luffy: Really?!?

Luffy: Yosh! Let's go to Sword Island!!!!!!!

PKMNPROF
9th October 2006, 5:35 AM
I liked 430, it was one of two chapters that made my eyes a little moist. The other was when Robin asked Oliva, "Are you my mommy?" on Ohara.

I hope the got everything off of the Merry though...

Chopper: Bye Merry! *sob* ...Where is my medical bag?
Sogeking: Didn't you leave it on the...oh CRAP!

lyder
9th October 2006, 10:38 AM
I hope the got everything off of the Merry though...

Chopper: Bye Merry! *sob* ...Where is my medical bag?
Sogeking: Didn't you leave it on the...oh CRAP!

Nice one :lol:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Will everybody's anticipated "Battle Merry" materialize at the end of Enies Lobby arc?

Hmmm... If Franky (w/ Galley-La's help maybe) will make the new ship for the Straw Hat Pirates, then his dream will be completed...

Franky's Dream (http://groups.msn.com/onepiecemangav-2/onepiecechapter357.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=3265)

I want to make... a dreamship someday. A dreamship that will... proudly ride over the unknown waves at the end of the world.

The end of the world could be interpreted as Raftel island. And because every ship you make is like your son, Franky will accompany the Straw Hat Pirates to look out for his son. But I can't be too sure. This is Oda-sensei... <_<

Blaziryu
11th October 2006, 12:17 AM
Not only are they getting a new ship, but I also think that the SH crew are going to create a new and better flag sign. Luffy burn down Merry along with their flag, so they must be planning on designing a new one.

lyder
11th October 2006, 3:58 AM
Hmmm... I think they burned the flag because they really treated Going Merry as their nakama. I think the pirate flag they use will remain.

mugen33
13th October 2006, 3:54 AM
Just a quick question...where are you guys reading this? scans?

BattleFranky~40
13th October 2006, 4:26 AM
Yeah, that's pretty obvious.

Korobooshi Kojiro
13th October 2006, 4:49 AM
Japan has satelittes which transmits pictures into our minds.

Catalyst
14th October 2006, 4:21 AM
No new chapter this week, I am enraged. >_>

BattleFranky~40
14th October 2006, 4:50 AM
I can live with no new chapter this week, considering the awesomeness of next week.

The fact that the next month of the anime will be accompanied with recap filler, however, enfuriated me to no end.

Catalyst
14th October 2006, 5:01 AM
Indeed, but would you rather OP anime turn into what Naruto anime did?

BattleFranky~40
14th October 2006, 5:04 AM
It was exactly like this during Skypeia. Did we get years of filler? No. Just like that time, after Enies Lobby we will get a couple small filler arcs and then move on in the story. No recaps required, though I understand it is due to a time change.

/\One Piece/\
17th October 2006, 8:41 AM
Kaku should be the new crew member :D

HK
18th October 2006, 12:33 AM
Kaku should be the new crew member :D

No need for another long-nose.

Anyway, uh, so I'm going back over earlier volumes of One Piece again, and I'm appreciating more than I did the first time around. I might even decide to shell out money for Viz considering that they have yet to edit the manga and their translations seem pretty decent (the Marine ---> Navy thing aside).

As for the next arc...

... I wonder what Oda's going to give us this time. Sky Peia was and still is my favorite arc and while I like the Water 7 world as well as the crew essentially giving the finger to the world government, they just didn't appeal to me as much as that one did in spite of it not having much impact on the rest of the story.

BattleFranky~40
18th October 2006, 12:39 AM
I see the next arc being another lighthearted short adventure ala Davy Back Fight before getting into the next big one, which could possibly involve the Merman Island.

HK
18th October 2006, 1:00 AM
I see the next arc being another lighthearted short adventure ala Davy Back Fight before getting into the next big one, which could possibly involve the Merman Island.

If that's the case, then we can expect a fair amount of focus to go on...

... Jimbei on the account that he is the only Fish-man to be one of the Seven Warlords of the Sea? Certainly would look forward to that.

BattleFranky~40
18th October 2006, 1:03 AM
If that's the case, then we can expect a fair amount of focus to go on...

... Jimbei on the account that he is the only Fish-man to be one of the Seven Warlords of the Sea? Certainly would look forward to that.
Yeah. I liked the World Government Saga and all, but I want to see more involvment in the story from the Warlords, and more on what the hell is going on between Shanks and Whitebeard..

raticatelover
18th October 2006, 3:52 AM
Yea it'll be great when Luffy and the others are fighting pirates or at least ex pirates again instead of the world government. The next arc will be very exciting.

BattleFranky~40
18th October 2006, 3:55 AM
Are you kidding? The Straw Hats are now major enemies of the WG. They'll definatly send somebody after them.

raticatelover
18th October 2006, 9:26 PM
The Next Chapter Is So Crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
Cannot Spoil But On Arlong Park Forums The Spoilers Are Ftw! Yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Judai-and-sho
18th October 2006, 9:30 PM
Ok people. In the most recent Chapter, Chapter 431, it appears that they reveal who Luffy's grandpa is. Now, it is not who you would expect, although their were a few clues, nobody really could have guessed this in a million years, but anyway, Luffy's grandpa is none other than

GARP!

raticatelover
18th October 2006, 9:47 PM
Yeah That Is The Craziest Thing In The World!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That Means That Characters Can Come Back! Go Coby And Hempeloo! Also That Was The Craziest Twist Ever! Theres Other Things Good There Too, But It Seems Like They're Gonna Be There For A Little Bit.

Rex Kamex
18th October 2006, 9:59 PM

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. About this inevitable story arc...

[QUOTE]I think that Fish-man island will have something to do with that All Blue. I mean, if the All Blue is supposed to have every type of fish, then that must include fish-men.[/SPOIL]

BattleFranky~40
18th October 2006, 10:12 PM
Garp is one smexy beast. I'm not surprised.

Plus, it seems as if Coby and Helmeppo have returned with new badass designs.

Judai-and-sho
18th October 2006, 10:35 PM
Yes, indeed. But we should have guessed it a long time ago, he had all the signs that the Ds we know seem to have, falling asleep out of nowhere, loving food.

raticatelover
18th October 2006, 10:55 PM
I give up. I'll just talk bout this chapter.Zoro's memory of the Loguetown owner's store was good closure for it. A ship made with the wood of Adam is good, Franky joining probably increased since it grew. Coby is so gonna look badass.

Wait how can I forget?Luffy can eat and sleep at the same time FTW!

EDIT:That should be good. Hahaha...yea

BattleFranky~40
18th October 2006, 10:57 PM
Great job on those spoiler tags.

Also, Franky has pretty much said himself that he's going with them.

Judai-and-sho
18th October 2006, 11:44 PM
Where did he say that? All I took was that he wanted them to ride on his ship? Sure he probably is going with them, but he hasnt said it yet.

Blaziryu
19th October 2006, 11:10 PM
I totally forgot that Franky spend that 200 berries. At least he brought something that would be useful for the Straw Hat crew. And Luffy's gramps, that was very surprising.

BattleFranky~40
19th October 2006, 11:22 PM
some pics

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/444/014dr7.jpg

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/3651/019ck6.jpg

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/4969/020px9.jpg

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/9897/021uw5.jpg

Note that Garp looks exactly like Luffy's grandpa from the pilot chapter.

Judai-and-sho
19th October 2006, 11:54 PM
Well, they do look alot alike.

Kecleon Freak
20th October 2006, 2:25 AM
favorite chapter ever

Looks like this uber-arc will go on for a little longer. Franky must join though, he's currently surpassed Usopp as my second favorite character, with Luffy in first.

Garp's revelation was awesome, but I especially loved Iceburg's plan to turn Water 7 into a giant ship to solve the flood problem. It struck me as very Oda-like, and a nice tribute to the whole theme of ships that has been present in this uber-arc.

raticatelover
20th October 2006, 4:02 AM
Something else...Usopp could choose to stay with the giants on Elbaf. That would be horrible choice for Oda and a complete waste of development, but this could be what Usopp needs. I personally want him to go with the SHs. Him being annoying and whining but watching him grow is way better than him not appearing for awhile then all of a sudden come back super bad*****.

Cannot wait for Coby Helmeppo full cameo. Bet they look just the same but with muscular bodies, and Coby got rid of glasses plus longer hair. Okay maybe they will look sort of different, but hopefully the point was taken across.

Any thoughts?

BattleFranky~40
20th October 2006, 4:09 AM
From what we've seen, Usopp has already been forgiven, and is definatly going to return to the crew.

Also, I want Helmeppo to have the Hammer Hammer Fruit.

MugenKeiji
20th October 2006, 11:41 PM
BattleFranky~40, you have been a great asset to this forum.

Scheist! Garp's been friggin' working Coby and Helmeppo to the bone, check out Helmeppo's cleft. I suppose that's what happens when you go from a shrimp into being a Marine prepared for the GRAND-FLIPPIN'-LINE!

Oda, you so crazeh!

Also, I want Helmeppo to have the Hammer Hammer Fruit.

Post.Wins.INTERNETS!

Judai-and-sho
20th October 2006, 11:51 PM
Usopp going with the giants to Elbaf? I actually am for this idea somewhat, BUT only if we get 2 new crew members.

/\One Piece/\
21st October 2006, 4:03 AM
I think it would be a good idea for usopp to go with the Giants to Elbaf, to become stronger of course then come back, and 2 crew members...idk that doesnt seem like something that would happen, but hey Oda is one sneaky man
EDIT: yes, Helmeppo should get hammer hammer fruit, that would be awesome, cant think of a DF that would fit coby though

Judai-and-sho
21st October 2006, 2:50 PM
Usopp isnt a necessity to the crew. He rarly gets a good fight, and is mainly comedy relief. I think he could only gain by going to Elbaf with the giants, makes me wonder why Oda threw that in there. Im a Paulie fan and think he would be a humerous addition to the crew, in addition to of course Franky. Paulie is himself going to be wanted by the government, especially for aiding the Straw Hats, and we already know that the government considers him and everyone else who charged Enies Lobby, part of Luffy's crew. We also know that heis quite strong, if he could hold giants with his ropes. He also has debts so he needs a way to make money. Plus, imagine the scenes between him and Sanji over Nami and Robin's dress.

BattleFranky~40
21st October 2006, 4:41 PM
Pauly isn't strong, doesn't have a past, has sucky abilities, and only hint of personality being hating women wearing revealing outfits, which would get old quickly.

Catalyst
21st October 2006, 4:54 PM
Pauly isn't strong, doesn't have a past, has sucky abilities, and only hint of personality being hating women wearing revealing outfits, which would get old quickly.
Agreed, I don't see why people like Pauly, he's in the way a lot and he had trouble fighting off guards in Enies Lobby, I wonder what'd happen if we replaced Franky with Pauly when he fights Nero on the Sea Train.

raticatelover
21st October 2006, 5:41 PM
Paulie joining not good idea. Even if he was interesting or anything that is good he still has to help rebuild the town and he wouldnt miss that for the world.

MugenKeiji
21st October 2006, 10:27 PM
After all

Someone has to maintain the new ship. Nothing against the "Adam" timber and all, but I really hope the sturdiness of Franky's "Dream Ship" doesn't become a convenient plot device to keep him from joining the Strawhats.

After all, he sings too. Luffy will fight through hell and high water for that.

raticatelover
21st October 2006, 11:16 PM
Yea but if he's musician and shipwright, then he'll go down the road of Usopp.
He'll be torn between playin and buildin, when we all know he's a shipwright at heart.

Judai-and-sho
21st October 2006, 11:45 PM

? Doesnt have a past, is that even possible? Robin didnt have a flashback till a few years after she joined. I catch a lot of personality from Paulie, and I happen to love his skills, and Usopp wasnt that strong at first either.

Catalyst
22nd October 2006, 12:53 AM
Nico Robin made up for having a good and interesting ability, using ropes... yawn.

/\One Piece/\
22nd October 2006, 1:43 AM
Yeah pauly joining aint gonna happen, Franky is most likely the one to join (duh).
and yeah pauly strong? no..he wasnt even shown to much during the arcs, and i do hope usopp goes to elbaf, and i do hope they they 2 crew members, but, i doubt that will happen.

BattleFranky~40
22nd October 2006, 1:45 AM
Plus, when Luffy drew a picture of his ideal shipwright, it looked exactly like Franky.

/\One Piece/\
22nd October 2006, 2:19 AM
Plus, when Luffy drew a picture of his ideal shipwright, it looked exactly like Franky.

all to true

Judai-and-sho
22nd October 2006, 3:21 PM
Whats wrong with Paulie AND Franky?

Also, if they havnt shown Paulie too much, you cant really judge his abilities to the fullest extent. Plus, if the Adam Wood ship is indestructable, than they dont even need a shipwright anymore.

BattleFranky~40
22nd October 2006, 4:01 PM
Whats wrong with Paulie AND Franky?

Also, if they havnt shown Paulie too much, you cant really judge his abilities to the fullest extent. Plus, if the Adam Wood ship is indestructable, than they dont even need a shipwright anymore.
And why in the hell would they need 2 shipwrights?

Judai-and-sho
22nd October 2006, 11:17 PM
And why in the hell would they need 2 shipwrights?

Who says that Paule HAS to be a shipwright?

BattleFranky~40
22nd October 2006, 11:20 PM
Who says that Paule HAS to be a shipwright?

Because that's all he does and that's all his character is?

/\One Piece/\
23rd October 2006, 12:12 AM
lol what else would he be?

Catalyst
23rd October 2006, 5:21 AM
Some guy in the background soaking up all Franky's awesomeness, that's what.

Judai-and-sho
23rd October 2006, 1:43 PM
Because that's all he does and that's all his character is?

Not necessarily, are you doubting what Oda could do?

/\One Piece/\
24th October 2006, 1:00 AM
Your Right...Oda is going to make him the navigator...ROFL AT SARCASM

Catalyst
24th October 2006, 1:30 AM
Can we get off the discussion of Pauly joining the crew, because it's just not going to happen. I'd also like to say who's in JUS? Is it Pauly or Franky? 8D

BattleFranky~40
24th October 2006, 1:31 AM
Smexy Franky, who will definatly be a part of my main deck.

Catalyst
24th October 2006, 1:33 AM
He's going in mine too. <3

I want to see what his koma pieces will be like.

BattleFranky~40
24th October 2006, 1:35 AM
One involving him

Burning the Pluton Documents

Possibly? Or a Coup de Vent? Or him after getting some cola power during his first CP9 fight?

Catalyst
24th October 2006, 1:37 AM
Coup de Vent will clearly be his X attack, he better have 6 komas.

Judai-and-sho
24th October 2006, 1:45 PM
I hope something happens to make Franky weaker, cause he seems a little too strong to be a straw hat as he is now. The other straw hats are strong, but can always grow. How exactly can Franky grow? He seems to be pretty strong right now as it is.

/\One Piece/\
24th October 2006, 3:32 PM
he could upgrade himself, and he could practice his moves and such yah know

Abraace
24th October 2006, 4:10 PM
I hope something happens to make Franky weaker, cause he seems a little too strong to be a straw hat as he is now. The other straw hats are strong, but can always grow. How exactly can Franky grow? He seems to be pretty strong right now as it is.

This is a question that puzzles me. Franky IS strong, but we all know he's got nothing of Luffy, and Zoro and Sanji are ridiculously strong as well, as seen by the members of CP9 they defeated(the second and third most powerful respectively), whilst Franky couldn't make a dent in Lucci(although granted he's almost twice as powerful as Kaku).
Chopper's ridiculously powerful too, now we know he can obtain his monster form, and Franky, unlike Zoro, has a weakness. Without the cola he needs so badly, Franky's power decreases dramatically. Each of his most powerful attacks also uses some of that cola up, meaning he can't fight for very long.

Franky could upgrade his own body, plain and simple. Perhaps if Usopp sticks around he can help create more powerful weaponry for the Cyborg. After all, look what he managed to create for Nami, which helped win her fight against Califa.

Judai-and-sho
24th October 2006, 9:48 PM
Ok, spoilers for 432 are up, and here is what is supposed to be happening

Is non other than Dragon, or should I say, Monkey D. Dragon

Monkey D. Garp

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/7223/146090hj6.jpg

Hows that for a twist?

BattleFranky~40
24th October 2006, 11:35 PM
*brain explodes from the awesome*

Kecleon Freak
24th October 2006, 11:46 PM
Can't say I wasn't shocked, but that was actually my theory from a while back. But now what about Ace? If Garp and Dragon both are Monkeys, where does Portgas come from? This solves one mystery and opens up one more...

BattleFranky~40
24th October 2006, 11:53 PM
Also, there is the possibility that this next arc will be the last, if not one of the last, in One Piece. Skypeia was said to be the halfway point, and if this arc lasts as long as Water 7/Enies Lobby, it should get close to the ending point.

Rex Kamex
25th October 2006, 12:48 AM
Oh snap.

You know, I don't know whether I'm more excited that Luffy's father is revealed or that we finally know who Dragon is.

Do you think Oda was planning this all this time, or do you think this was all added in the story.

Hows that for a twist?

Twist? It's a freakin' pretzel, for crying out loud!

raticatelover
25th October 2006, 12:57 AM
Really wish Oda diidnt make Dragon the father, but i'll get over it. Very off the chart though. It's like saying, oh yea I'm gonna die soon. Wait, thats Naruto stuff.

BattleFranky~40
25th October 2006, 1:14 AM
What's so bad about Dragon? From what we've seen and heard so far, he is awesome.

Also,

Helpommo uses a 2-machete style, and Coby shaves.

And Oda's most likely planned this all from the beginning.

raticatelover
25th October 2006, 2:01 AM
What's so bad about Dragon? From what we've seen and heard so far, he is awesome.

Also,

Helpommo uses a 2-machete style, and Coby shaves.

And Oda's most likely planned this all from the beginning.

Read a theory where Coby shaving could be soru. That would be crazy if it was, especially if Coby did that. Also, about Dragon, who knows about him. He only appeared live once, and he was pretty cool. He seemed like a revolutionary, but Luffy's father? Sort of out there. Wonder if Luffy knows his father...

BattleFranky~40
25th October 2006, 2:07 AM
Also, I seem to notice that Dragon kinda looks Shandian in a way.

Things seem to be coming together.

raticatelover
25th October 2006, 2:36 AM
Something new.
Seems there is something called the Four Emperors.

Catalyst
25th October 2006, 5:04 AM
Where's this information coming from? I feel left out. >_>

BattleFranky~40
25th October 2006, 5:06 AM
Where's this information coming from? I feel left out. >_>

Arlong Park.net

Catalyst
25th October 2006, 5:10 AM
I figured as much. I should really join that site.

BattleFranky~40
25th October 2006, 5:12 AM
I figured as much. I should really join that site.

I should join as well.

But I'm just too lazy >_>

Catalyst
25th October 2006, 5:16 AM
Now that's one big twist. This makes me want to read the latest chapter even more.

raticatelover
25th October 2006, 6:16 AM
I signed up quite a while ago.

Judai-and-sho
25th October 2006, 1:14 PM
Twist? It's a freakin' pretzel, for crying out loud!

Well put, and someone in another thread said that most of OP is predictable.

MugenKeiji
25th October 2006, 1:36 PM

Cola balances it all out. Unless of course he develops a more efficient Cola engine. Plus Franky can upgrade which puts him at a stream of potential for the future, Luffy is still ridiculously strong though and he will continue to be.

I dunno, if I built a dream PC, I'd probably want to see how it holds up. If I designed a dream house, it wouldn't be so I can give to someone else to admire. Come on Franky...Come awwwwwn!

Also, I seem to notice that Dragon kinda looks Shandian in a way.

Things seem to be coming together.

Huh, come to think of it Gol D. Roger was in Skypiea. I'm not going to read anymore into that. Speculation is a beast that some fans can't tame.

All I can say is...SURPRISE from Oda. Like I said, if a chapter of Naruto is a snack then a chapter of One Piece is a full-course meal: the man writes every chapter like it's the last instead of making us anticipate the next in terms of focus.

One begins to wonder how many years passed in One Piece's time. Because Coby looks like he went through more than a workout, puberty had to kick in somewhere. If so must have been 1 or 2 years. That would also mean Oda should update the ages

I know I'm a specifications freak, but I'd like to see Coby's Douriki. Garp seems to be giving CP9 the middle finger for what he did with Coby and Helmeppo.

BattleFranky~40
25th October 2006, 10:46 PM
First introduced waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy back in Arlong Park, when Johnny and Yosaku where talking about the main powers, and were cut off before they could say the third and strongest one.

Pretty much 4 pirates who control the complete other side of the Grand Line. The reason the Warlords and Admirals exist is to pretty much keep these guys in place.

Two members include Dragon and Shanks, along with two shadowed members.

Plus, Coby knows Soru. Yays.

I lov One piece.

Korobooshi Kojiro
25th October 2006, 10:56 PM
BTW, are you the Battle Franky?

As in the one that posts scans on Arlong Park?

BattleFranky~40
25th October 2006, 11:07 PM
BTW, are you the Battle Franky?

As in the one that posts scans on Arlong Park?
No, I just happen to have also taken my name from Franky's ships.

Judai-and-sho
25th October 2006, 11:39 PM
Is it just me, or does one of the 2 shadowed emperors resemble Kokoro?

BattleFranky~40
25th October 2006, 11:56 PM
Is it just me, or does one of the 2 shadowed emperors resemble Kokoro?

While I think it's impossible, I still see Oda doing something like make a fat old lady dewgong an extremely dangerous pirate.

Kecleon Freak
26th October 2006, 12:03 AM
I thought one of the shadowed people looked kinda like Wapol.......XD

Wow, Coby actually looks good now.

raticatelover
26th October 2006, 1:45 AM
Sadly Robin got cut off in her rant of Dragon since something seemed to happen. Wonder what craziness of Dragon isnt known yet.

Koby looks like a young Paulie...first thought it was a flashback, but he looks awesome.
Helmeppo looks bad***** as well. Its a good chapter ofr One Piece.

Judai-and-sho
26th October 2006, 1:25 PM
While I think it's impossible, I still see Oda doing something like make a fat old lady dewgong an extremely dangerous pirate.

I dunno, looks like maybe her sister or something. It would make sense to have a fishman(or woman) among the emperers. Hey, do you think that Luffy would ever become an emperor?

Catalyst
26th October 2006, 8:51 PM
No, I just happen to have also taken my name from Franky's ships.

I always wondered that myself. >__<

So Kokoro, Chimney and Konbe I thought would join, since Kokoro has had a share of backstory too, though it's not very likely.

Rex Kamex
26th October 2006, 9:49 PM
I always wondered that myself. >__<

So Kokoro, Chimney and Konbe I thought would join, since Kokoro has had a share of backstory too, though it's not very likely.

True, the people of Skypiea had a backstory too.

Blues
26th October 2006, 10:42 PM
I saw the latest chapter and I must say: Oda is god.

Coby looks nothing like the annoying person he used to be (and what happened to his glasses?) and Helmeppo... Well, he looks almost cool. I was hoping we'd see them again, as kickass marines who could give Luffy a fight for his money.

Of course there's always...

I shall now change my name to Monkey D. Dragon, for Monkey Dragons pwn. I thought Dragon would turn out to be someone of importance, but not Luffy's father...

Judai-and-sho
26th October 2006, 11:48 PM
I kinda wanted Wiper to join, but he didnt. Maybe Franky wont join, and someone totally random joins the crew. Who knows, Oda may surprise us and have Foxy join(with the way Oda has been going lately, would it surprise us) Im not saying he will, I am just having my doubts about Franky now since if the ship is indestructable, why do they need a shipwright?

Blues
27th October 2006, 12:06 AM
Wiper didn't have anything to contribute to the crew, so it was obvious he wasn't going to join. However, this time, Luffy specifically said "We're getting a carpenter!" and them sailing on Franky's ship, it's obvious he's going to join.

Judai-and-sho
27th October 2006, 1:27 AM
But why does he need to if the ship is already indestructable. And every character in the series could contriute to the crew. Usopp really didnt contribute much, yet he still joined.

raticatelover
27th October 2006, 2:29 AM
But why does he need to if the ship is already indestructable. And every character in the series could contriute to the crew. Usopp really didnt contribute much, yet he still joined.

Well even if it is "indestructable" the second part of the grandline is full of crazy things that probably could harm the ship. Even so it doesn't matter he could come just because he's cool like Chopper.
Also Tashigi didn't look like Kuina, she looked like Robin.
Helmeppo is hilarious back character, and its funny how Garp was saying to forget everything when he said it so casually. Wonder if word will spread that Luffy's the son of Dragon the Revolutionary and grandson of Garp the Fist.

Abraace
27th October 2006, 2:58 AM
Usopp didn't contribute much? What are you talking about Judai-and-sho?

He looked after the ship constantly making repairs
He's the one who painted the Strawhats flag
The only strawhat that's any good with a cannon
He upgrades Nami's weapons allowing her to take a more active role in battle, and is a master of planning
Cheers the crew up when they're down
Is the crews marksmen(obviously) and a very skilled one at that
The dials he brought back with him have helped out on many occasion(including how they got down from Skypedia...was that manga or anime...I forget)
Always stands up for his friends, and is willing to put his life on the line despite his lack of physical strength
Befriended the two giants at Enies Lobby, to help infiltrate the place(and completely sweep through the marines)
Saved Robin recently from being shipped off, and bought Franky time to reach her
Burnt the flag down in order to encourage Robin to want to live(under Luffy's command granted, but who else could have done it?)
Nami would have been dead in her fight against Miss Doublefinger
Nami would have been dead in her fight against Kalifa if not for Usopp
And most importantly of recent Usopp ecouraged Luffy to defeat Lucci, by placing himself in extreme danger

Usopp's actually contributed quite a lot. More than some of the other strawhats, that's for sure.

Franky says it's indestructable. Of course, he's probably not taken Luffy and the other powerful pirates strength into account. He's going to be needed to sort out everything that Luffy breaks.

BattleFranky~40
27th October 2006, 3:01 AM
Well even if it is "indestructable" the second part of the grandline is full of crazy things that probably could harm the ship. Even so it doesn't matter he could come just because he's cool like Chopper.
Also Tashigi didn't look like Kuina, she looked like Robin.
Helmeppo is hilarious back character, and its funny how Garp was saying to forget everything when he said it so casually. Wonder if word will spread that Luffy's the son of Dragon the Revolutionary and grandson of Garp the Fist.

An indestrucable ship needs a doctor. An indestructable ship does not need a carpenter.

Blues
27th October 2006, 4:09 AM
Usopp didn't contribute much? What are you talking about Judai-and-sho?
Huge list

I don't think that's what he meant. What I think he meant was they weren't particularly looking for a gunman, but Usopp joined anyway. That's the only real time they brought someone in just for the hell of it.

It's impossible for the ship to be indestructable, no matter what someone says. They said the tree was indestrctable, but they were able to CUT A PIECE OFF OF IT. That doesn't sound in destructable to me. Besides, I always thought he meant the main board couldn't be broken, like in Merry's case. Franky's going to need more materials for a whole ship besides a piece of wood, too, and you also can't deny the Straw Hats riding on HIS ship isn't a glaring clue.

raticatelover
27th October 2006, 4:54 AM
An indestrucable ship needs a doctor. An indestructable ship does not need a carpenter.

WEll there are a few things to that.
One, nothing is impossible in One PIece. even though it is "indestructable" it'll never hurt to have somebody to help repair the ship/or make it better such as adding things.
Second there are probably supernatural people/things/monsters etc. that probably could harm it.
A another good theory is that the ship wont be completely built yet and a carpenter aka Franky will join to help finish it.
Also wut Sabata said. The STRAW HATS are gonna ride it, so that means the ship will DEFINITELY get into bad shape.

BattleFranky~40
27th October 2006, 5:09 AM
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/6687/001bs3.jpg

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/3066/005bg5.jpg

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/3899/007wi7.jpg

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/7280/012hq5.jpg

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/1971/014um9.jpg

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4710/016mr5.jpg

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/1011/017yb9.jpg

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/525/019yz3.jpg

In case for whatever reason somebody hasn't seen them already.

Abraace
27th October 2006, 5:52 AM
I don't think that's what he meant. What I think he meant was they weren't particularly looking for a gunman, but Usopp joined anyway. That's the only real time they brought someone in just for the hell of it.

Ah. I see what you mean. Okay. Well...let's face it...if Luffy(and to a lesser extent Zolo and Sanji) are riding upon this new ship, they're gonna break bits of it. Franky is needed to fix all their breakages. They're not exactly soft handed when it comes to the ship we've noticed.

MugenKeiji
27th October 2006, 6:10 AM
The only reason why Tashigi looks like Robin is that it was a while since we've seen her character and like Toriyama before him, the style of One Piece has matured a lot. Oda's style slowly started to have the occasional "downward slope" nose from time to time since probably Alabasta (it's cool when the anime starts to implement it too).

Plus when you consider Coby, you start to believe, maybe there's some years that spanned in the series already.

I mean Goku grown up in Dragon Ball for 1988 sure doesn't look like Goku grown up for Dragon Ball of 1995. Let alone Toriyama's evolving design as a whole if you look at Dragon Quest starting from the Famicom manual art up to guidebooks for PS2 games.

Blues
27th October 2006, 7:32 AM
If Coby put his glasses on, he'd probably look a lot more like he used to. For instance, without the band covering his eyes, you can easily tell that guy is Helmeppo. Not sure why, it must be the mouth or something...

Man, did Coby have some hormones for breakfast or something?

Edit: Now that I actually REMEMBER what the new Helmeppo looks like, it's definately the nose.

Judai-and-sho
27th October 2006, 6:54 PM
I know, Helmeppo and Coby look sweet. But I hope this finally puts some clarity that at least 1 year has passed in the story.

Blaziryu
27th October 2006, 7:47 PM
Dragon reveal as Luffy's father. Man, Luffy's family is sure full of strong guys.

Judai-and-sho
27th October 2006, 9:16 PM
Strong, but seemingly dopey in a sense. I wonder if Dragon is like Luffy in that aspect. I mean, I couldnt stop laughing when Garp was about to pound Luffy and both fell asleep. That was without a doubt one of the funniest scenes in a long time.

/\One Piece/\
29th October 2006, 5:48 PM
Dragon Seemed kinda serious when you first see him..but idk

Rex Kamex
30th October 2006, 3:52 PM
Strong, but seemingly dopey in a sense. I wonder if Dragon is like Luffy in that aspect. I mean, I couldnt stop laughing when Garp was about to pound Luffy and both fell asleep. That was without a doubt one of the funniest scenes in a long time.

That reminded me of that picture from the Coby/Helmeppo coverstory where Garp said, "I was sleeping." XD

Judai-and-sho
30th October 2006, 5:14 PM
I know, that should have been the first clue that Garp was Luffy's grandfather. In a way, it was foreshadowing him being Luffy's grandfather. It just goes to show you that cover stories are in no way a waste of time.

raticatelover
2nd November 2006, 1:53 AM
new spoilers from Chapter 433 The Name of the Sea is...

?433????????
??????????????vol.4??????????

Chapter 433: "The Name of the Sea is"
Cover: Enel's Space Adventures Vol 4: "There's someone in the hole"

???????????????????????????????
????????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????????????

Garp: "You are my grandson!! So that's why I've decided not to capture you!! --or so I will tell the marines so don't worry and stay here."
Person with Hat: "That's not a good excuse so let's just say that he ran away."

??????????2????????????????????????????????
????????????
?????????????????????????????????????

Garp: "And besides, I only came along because of these two. Talk all you want, I'm going back."
Luffy: "Okay, see ya."
Garp: "What's with that dismissive attitude! (Garp punches Luffy) Show a little emotion, you idiot!!"

?????????????????????????????????
????????2??????????????????????

Garp and his crew leave. Zoro, Sanji, Chopper and Robin relax.
Luffy is talking with Coby (Hellmeppo is there too)

??????????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????
??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Chopper: "Nami's not here too. I thought she wanted to ask a few questions from the marines... I wonder if she changed her mind?"
Robin: "She went to the pool. With Kokoro-san."
Sanji: "Eeeeeeeeeeeh? (Heart) Nami-san and swimsuit~~~?? I'm going to bring her some drinks! (Hearts in his eyes)"

??????????????????????????????????
????????????????????????????
?????????
????????????????????????????????100?????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????
??????????
??????????????????????????????????????????

Luffy: "Then you guys came to Grand Line by coming through that mountain too!?"
Coby: "Er... actually, no, we haven't gone through Reverse Mountain."
Luffy: "How?"
Coby: "It's possible for Marine Headquarter ships to pass through the Calm Belt... not that it works 100% of the time, of course."
Luffy: "Eeeeh!? That's like cheating!! But wait, why!? There's a bunch of Sea Kings many times the size of military ships living there!!"
Coby: "At the bottom of those military ships there lies a layer of stones called the Kairouseki."
Luffy: "What about that?"
Coby: "Kairouseki emits the same energy of ocean, so for the fish living underneith the sea that boat is..."

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???
???????????????????
?????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????

Nami: "Energy of ocean... I get it! So even if the ship passes above the ocean, the Sea Kings are unaware of the ship's existance!! Those military scientists are pretty impressive...!!"
Chimmny: "Sis, sis, aren't you going to swim!? Pirate sis!"
Nami: "Be quiet for a moment Chimmny!! Chances like these don't happen every often!! Right now I am!! Eaves!! Drop!! Ping!!"

????????????????????

Kokoro: "Did you really have to shout it out loud? (sweatdrop)"

????????????
??????????????????????????Dr.??????????????? ????
???????????????????????????????????????????? ?
????????????????????????????????
???Dr.?????????????

Scene switches back to Coby and Luffy's conversation
Coby: "For every ingenious method the Military Scientist Dr. Begabank is always behind it. He's really great!"
Hellmeppo: "Yep, he really is great. Strawhat, that Devil Fruit you ate, he has revealed how the powers mutate and he's also the one who has figured out the recently developed technqiue for making objects eat Devil Fruit as well!!"
Nami: (Dr. Begabank... memo, memo.)

???????????????????????????????????????????? ? ??????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????

Coby: "I've realized, Luffy-san, that until I've met you I've been living in a small world. The sea taught me that. If Luffy-san didn't come out of the barrel that day, I probably would've been stuck doing chores on Albida's ship.

????????????????????????

The conversation draws on (no text, just laughter and anger)

????????
????????????????????????????
????????????????????????????????????
??????????
????????????????????????????????????????????????”? ??”?

Time passes by
Luffy: "Eeeeeh~~~~!? You're really leaving already!? Let's eat some food!! Food!!"
Coby: "We are meant to be enemies... I can't be friendly with you. Luffy-san!! Do you know what we call the second half of grand line?"
Luffy: "......?"
Coby: "The sea that spreads wide across the Continent of Redline, people call that sea... 'the new world'."

???????????????
???????????????????????????????????”???”???? ??
Luffy: "....'The new world'."
Coby: "It is the sea that attracts people who will lead us into a new age!! And the man who has conqured that sea shall be, 'The Pirate King'!!"

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????
?????????????????????????????????????????

Coby: "Luffy-san!! We shall see each other again someday there!! And next time, I'll catch you!! By becoming stronger and stronger!! I will, someday!! Be the Marine's next... the Marine's next Admiral!"

??????????????????????????????????

Luffy: "You're going to fight me, right? Then become one! It's obvious!!!"

?????????????

Iceburg, Oimo, Kaashi, Gallela's Shipwrights and Zanpai and co, everyone is throwing a party.
Robin looks over the party, content.

????????????????????
???????????????????????????
???????????????????????????????CP9?????????? ?

???: "Don't move and just listen... Nico Robin."
Robin: "!? It can't be...! Aokiji......!!!"
Aokiji: "...Why didn't you run away, just like you've always done before? You could've easily escaped from CP9 anytime."

???????????????????????????
????????????20????????????????????D????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ? ?????? ????20???????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????? ??CP9????????????????????????????????????????????? ???

Robin: "...I couldn't stand and just watch them die..."
Aokiji: "...The giant who fought for the sake Ohara 20 years ago... Hagwar D Sauro and I were friends. For his sake, I respected his will and let you escape from the island, and thus I have a responsibility to see your life through...!! ...However, even after 20 years you still haven't found yourself a place you belong, instead you were still being chased around, and I have decided that I wouldn't let the bomb that is you roam free any longer. The incident this time... I intended to finish it all once at for all. But of course, I never expected the CP9 be defeated as the result... Tell me, have you finally found yourself a place you belong...?"

???????????
?????????????????????????????
????????????????

Robin: "...Yes."
Aokiji: "Sauro's decision of keeping you alive... are you going to show me his decision was right or wrong from now on?"
Robin: "...I intend to..."
Aokiji: "Then live on strong... Orara still... has yet to be destroyed..."

???????

Aokiji leaves

????????????
????????????????
?????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????
????????????

Scene changes to Marijoa

"Five Elder Stars, sir! Something terrible has happened!!"
Five Elder Stars: "What's the matter...?"
"In the 'new world', Red-haired Shanks of the Four Emperors as well as Whitebeard Edward Newgate has broken through the blockade we sent against them the other day and they have finally came into contact with each other!!!"
Five Elder Stars: "What...!!?"

?????????????????????????

Whitebeard's men: "Boss, boss, Red-hair says he wants to see you, boss."
Whitebeard: "Yeah... let him pass... you have better brought some good booze over, kid."

BattleFranky~40
2nd November 2006, 2:45 AM
Red-Hair and White-Stache are meeting up.

The world's doomed.

Blues
2nd November 2006, 6:18 AM
I was hoping that part about Ace finally meeting Blackbeard was true. I mean, it's been, what 5 years since we last saw him? There's also the thing about Garp offering Luffy Shichibukai status, but it's not all that important.

I hope we learn more about Shanks and Whitebeard, hopefully we can find out their bounties and fighting styles.

raticatelover
4th November 2006, 5:04 PM
this chapter was totally awesome. Thats great how Aokiji wants to protect Robin because Saul was his Dear Friend. The party was awesome that signals the end of the arc and the start of the new. Also the best part...no its not the Shanks Whitebeard meeting...its the fact that its seems that ROBIN JOINED IN ON A MEAT EATING CONTEST AND WAS DOING REALLY WELL ON IT! SANJI SEEMED SHOCKED!

BattleFranky~40
4th November 2006, 5:07 PM
Also, it seems that the Straw Hats may be attacking religion next.

raticatelover
4th November 2006, 5:51 PM
Also, it seems that the Straw Hats may be attacking religion next.

What are you talkin about BF~40?

BattleFranky~40
4th November 2006, 5:59 PM
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/3874/page18pngwo9.jpg
The Holy City

Abraace
4th November 2006, 7:43 PM
Wasn't the whole of the Skypedia arc about religion? The whole 'God' judging his people and smiting them thing, the priests, angels, golden gates and the war over the "Holy ground."

Blues
5th November 2006, 9:55 PM
I find it funny the Straw Hats are attacking the very things that cause problems in America. Gangs, religion AND government. Of course, this is mearly an observation, I don't think that was really done on purpose.

I hope the next arc is adventure based, like Skypeia. Except without a guy with long earlobes.

Abraace
5th November 2006, 10:05 PM
Perhaps Oda did this to prevent 4kids from going any further. Let's face it...they'd have to skip the ENTIRE Skypedia arc.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind if they returned to the quick little sagas like in the days of old with Buggy up to Arlong.

How strong is Buggy nowadays anyway?
We haven't seen him properlly fight Luffy after all...they were kind of even way back in the day, neither one could hit the other. It's only when Luffy got really mad that he managed to successfully attack Buggy, and for most of his fight he was busy chasing Nami, trying to get his treasure back.
The second time, again he didn't fight Luffy. He lost to Smoker, but then so did Luffy...

I'm hoping Oda's going to bring Buggy back. Been an age since their last confrontation.

Blues
5th November 2006, 10:10 PM
Buggy's Oda's favorite villian, so I can guarantee his return. Hopefully he'll be a lot stronger then, too, enough to pose as a threat to Luffy.

4Kids will be doing Skypeia, they just changed "God" to "Sky Lord". It'll be fun to see the kinds of edits they'll do.

BattleFranky~40
6th November 2006, 12:54 AM
Perhaps Oda did this to prevent 4kids from going any further. Let's face it...they'd have to skip the ENTIRE Skypedia arc.

Which is of course why they already have voices for Eneru and a Priest, along with featuring many Skypeia things in Grand Adventure.

Oda doesn't give a **** about 4Kids or the anime, as long as it stays true enough to the manga and he gets a nice big check in the mail.

Abraace
6th November 2006, 1:38 AM
Ok...didn't know that. Living in the UK and being a fan of the manga means I had no idea they'd got that far in the anime. I heard they were supposedly changing dubbing groups.

Also, we never got Grand Adventure, so that puts me at a disadvantage on that front.

Not that it matters anyway since this is the manga thread and not the anime one.

Ok...question: Bellemy. Is he dead or not? Seeing as Donquixote Doflamingo says he'll allow Bellemy to make his own destiny, do you think he had Sarquiss have him killed?
I know death is rare in One Piece, which makes me question Bellemy's fate even more.

BattleFranky~40
6th November 2006, 1:40 AM
Ok...question: Bellemy. Is he dead or not? Seeing as Donquixote Doflamingo says he'll allow Bellemy to make his own destiny, do you think he had Sarquiss have him killed?
I know death is rare in One Piece, which makes me question Bellemy's fate even more.
Bellamy's dead. Donflamingo was angry at Bellamy, and had Bellamy's second in comman kill him, as we saw.

Rex Kamex
6th November 2006, 3:01 AM
I'm hoping Oda's going to bring Buggy back. Been an age since their last confrontation.

Next time they meet up, we'll most likely learn what he meant when he said, "How nostalgic... the Grand Line..." It'll probably have something to do with how he got his rubber nose or whatever.

Abraace
6th November 2006, 3:32 AM
Next time they meet up, we'll most likely learn what he meant when he said, "How nostalgic... the Grand Line..." It'll probably have something to do with how he got his rubber nose or whatever.

Might shed some light on Buggy's relationship to Whitebeard as well, since he seemed to know him when Ace turned up.

Rex Kamex
6th November 2006, 9:51 PM
Might shed some light on Buggy's relationship to Whitebeard as well, since he seemed to know him when Ace turned up.

Buggy was seen after Loguetown? I knew he was on a Volume cover (26?) but I wasn't sure why...

BattleFranky~40
6th November 2006, 10:02 PM
Buggy was seen after Loguetown? I knew he was on a Volume cover (26?) but I wasn't sure why...

He was shown on an island on the Grand Line, and had a cover story with Ace.

Rex Kamex
7th November 2006, 9:58 PM
He was shown on an island on the Grand Line, and had a cover story with Ace.

Oh... I see...

Anyways... Chapter 434 spoilers...

Apparently Shanks talks about the scars he's had on his eye. I saw a picture on AP forums.

~Cosmic~
8th November 2006, 12:10 AM
What happens in Chapter 426?

BattleFranky~40
8th November 2006, 12:26 AM
Apparently, according to the spoilers, Blackbeard is as strong as Shanks.

Yeah, definatly fake.

raticatelover
10th November 2006, 12:02 AM
Oda is getting crazier and crazier!

The New Chapter is White Beard and Red Hair.

Highlights:
Yasop has a crazy new look. His locks grew down to his neck and the tattoo on his head with his name is now on his arm.
Blackbeard and Ace finally meet up.
Whitebeard and Shanks start fighting and they're collision causedthe sky to rip open!
Whitebeard is super mega ultra super giant compared to everything there.
Finally, Buggy and Shanks split their ways in Loguetown after their captain died. Yup, that's right, ROGER WAS THEIR FORMER CAPTAIN!!!!!!!

Edit:Forgot to mention that the scar that was given to Shanks was from Blackbeard. Shanks said basically that Blackbeard shouldn't be underestimated and Ace will totally get owned. That's why they started fighting.

Blues
10th November 2006, 1:21 AM
Wow, way to go to completely spoil the chapter for those who haven't read it. I have, but you should at least put spoil tags around those.

I want to see bounties, dammit.

raticatelover
10th November 2006, 2:11 AM
There you go, Sabata. Bounties are all good, but the next chapter is what it's all about.

Two D's fighting it out, that's gonna be awesome. Also see how Blackbeard actually fights. Hopefully.

BattleFranky~40
10th November 2006, 3:03 AM
I'm guessing the reason that Roger was caught in the first place was to make sure his crew got away safely. Sort of a Robin scenerio, except Roger didn't turn emo.

Also, Shanks never said that Ace will get owned. Using simple logic, Ace is definatly STRONGER than Blackbeard, as Ace was his superior.

Shanks just said that one day Blackbeard could pose a threat to Whitebeard.

On another note, we already knew that Whitebeard was enourmous. But whatever. I'm glad they didn't give Whitebeard a stupid DF power. Just pure strength and a huge *** polearm.

MugenKeiji
10th November 2006, 5:10 AM
Shanks doesn't screw around, we're starting to see why the guy gets some fricking respect on the seas.

He took out Whitebeard's men without much thought, carrying a giant's share of booze. Served himself a portion that would KILL most people and split the f***ing sky when crossing swords with ol' Whitey.

Come to think of it, there wasn't any evidence suggesting Shanks WASN'T a part of Gol D. Roger's crew. Now that it's been confirmed that only shows how badass Red Hair really is.

I suppose it can also lead to some speculation about how well travelled Shanks could be, like if he swiped some dials from Skypiea or something. If
he's ever had a "To Hell and Back" experience at Raftel

Despite Blackbeard's looks, I don't see much going for Ace. Though I'd love
to believe Flame Fist would torch his filthy *** to death, the rules of Shonen Manga would suggest that Blackbeard's strength isn't to be judged on face value. Ace could have himself a bit of trouble at hand and the real reason why Dragon is revealed to be Luffy's father, Garp's setting off from Water 7 or to mention that Ace and Teach are so close in proximity to Luffy and crew is to show a bit of Deus Ex Machina...SOMETHING comes through that's going to cover Ace's ... backside as a "best possible situation" anyway.

There's also a theory I have that Ace could die because he's really helping someone else with their dream rather than hold to his own. That's a SLIGHT maybe, taking what Oda said about "No one with a dream dies on One Piece" or something like that.

I'd say that Oda actually wants to develop Teach a whole lot before ANYONE can touch him, possibly because the REAL Blackbeard was his favorite pirate. Chances are good that we'll see Blackbeard and Luffy cross paths again but how soon is anyone's guess. He's trying for Government immunity in the Shichibukai by catching Luffy, no matter how much more dangerous the kid proves to be and he could easily use that immunity to hunt other pirates including Whitebeard.

A lot of us have difficulty believing that he was able to touch Shanks but remember, a lot of us didn't see Shanks fight up until now. We haven't seen Blackbeard's abilities either, so we're going to have to wait and see what happens.

Key thing is that Shanks' warning in the chapter, the way it's written suggests that Teach is Serious Business.

Hope Ace lives though.

BattleFranky~40
10th November 2006, 5:16 AM
Honestly, I don't see why people are doubting Ace.

Ace was Blackbeard's superior officer until Blackbeard left, so I don't see how he could get enough power to challenge a Main Elemental Logia User in just a few months (or even less, since the whole Water 7/Enies Lobby incident took only a few days time, Skypeia only lasting about as long as well.)

Yes, it's definate that Blackbeard will be a force to be reckoned with, as Shanks said. But not for a long while.

Blues
10th November 2006, 5:22 AM
All this Ace doubting is making me feel strange. You people are forgetting he's a logia user, meaning Teach can't hit him at all, unless he has something that can hit fire. I seriously doubt he's an asbestosman or has any seastone on him.

The whole thing about Blackbeard being as strong as Shanks doesn't bother me at all. Strength means absolutely nothing if you can't HIT the person you're fighting.

BattleFranky~40
10th November 2006, 5:23 AM
All this Ace doubting is making me feel strange. You people are forgetting he's a logia user, meaning Teach can't hit him at all, unless he has something that can hit fire. I seriously doubt he's an asbestosman or has any seastone on him.

The whole thing about Blackbeard being as strong as Shanks doesn't bother me at all. Strength means absolutely nothing if you can't HIT the person you're fighting.

The Blackbeard being as strong as Shanks thing is false.

Kecleon Freak
10th November 2006, 5:46 AM
This chapter blew my mind. All of the recent chapters have been awesome, and it's going to get even better next chapter.

As for Ace, I think it's his fate to job for Blackbeard, so that A. Blackbeard will have become notorious enough to become Shichibukai and B. So that Luffy will have a better reason for fighting him.

It's possible that Blackbeard might be the focus of the next arc. If so, I'm excited since I've been waiting to see what his crew can do.

BattleFranky~40
10th November 2006, 5:59 AM
Speaking of the Blackbeard Pirates, I was reminded this chapter of how much I like Doc Q.

Everytime he's seen, he, and his horse, look like they're about to keel over and die.

MugenKeiji
10th November 2006, 6:05 AM
I don't doubt Ace, I just think it'd just be too convenient for Ace to go instant PWN with the fire.

Maybe because it has something to do with the real Blackbeard being known to set his beard on fire that may ground Oda's reasoning for how Teach doesn't fear the flame.

Blackbeard could also have Kairouseki knuckles, Augen could have Kairouseki bullets. You know like how everything had to be made out of Kryptonite to put Superman in a pinch for the Superfriends.

Never take strength at face value. Heed Shanks' warning (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/KeijiKG/shankswarning.jpg)

I'm really rooting for Ace, being Luffy's brother and all...but I was also rooting for Zoro when he faced Mihawk first getting into the series.

BattleFranky~40
10th November 2006, 6:11 AM
There's a difference between a regular swordsman vs. A member of an elite team of former pirates and a Logia User vs. his former subordinate

MugenKeiji
10th November 2006, 6:26 AM
There's a difference between a regular swordsman vs. A member of an elite team of former pirates and a Logia User vs. his former subordinate

True. An East Blue Zoro was fairly inexperienced compared to a 2nd in command of the strongest man in the world. Just saying that I may not like Blackbeard but I'm not going to rule him out.

Rex Kamex
10th November 2006, 11:13 PM
This has nothing to do with the current chapters, but...

Who is Norland the liar and what does he, Jaya, and Skypiea have to do with each other? (since there's no legal way for me to find out sooner...)

BattleFranky~40
10th November 2006, 11:23 PM
Read the scanlations, it's not that hard.

Anyways

One day, Noland went out to see and found the land of Jaya. The people of Jaya were dying from disease, so they were about to sacrifice the daughter of Calgara (can't remember exact name at the moment), a mighty warrior. Noland stops the ritual, and he and his men are about to be killed. But Noland finds a local plant which cures the diease, but before he can take it back before sunrise, Calgara attempts to kill him. Noland reasons with him, though, they get the herbs to the village, and people are saved. Noland and Calgara become good friends and live peacefully for about a month until one day Calgara finds out that Noland was cutting down trees which were said to hold the spirits of their ancestors. Furious, Calgara makes Noland and his crew leave. Before leaving, Calgara finds out that the trees were the very things containing the deadly disease, and so Noland and his men cut down the trees and stopped what was left of the disease. So Calgara runs to the shore, meeting Noland just as he is leaving. Noland and Calgara are once again friends, and promise to meet each other again someday. Now then, Noland returns to the West Blue, tells the king about Jaya, and they make their way back. But when they finally reach it, Noland finds that the part of Jaya he had went to is missing. So, in the end, Noland is executed because the King had thought he had lied to him. In truth, shortly before he was going to return, the part of Jaya Calgara lived on was blasted into the sky by the knockup stream, and into Skypeia. The God of Skypeia learned of it, and battled Calgara's people for the land. Calgara died in battle against the Skypeians. Eventually, the Skypeians took control of the island, calling it God's Land. The people of Calgara and been fighting to get it back ever since, and they are called the Shanandians.

raticatelover
11th November 2006, 7:50 AM

Yea, but he gave Shanks his only real injury minus the whole arm cut off thing. Blackbeard shouldn't be at all underestimated. Oda could also use this to show Ace's weakness. As you said, he was Ace's subordinate, so he must know a lot about Ace.

Rex Kamex
13th November 2006, 9:49 PM
Also,

Does anybody have a name for the current set of new chapters in Japan? 'Cause... they're not exactly in Enies Lobby anymore... Oh well, we'll probably have to wait more chapters to get a name.

Also, One Piece 44 is coming out December 4(?).

MugenKeiji
13th November 2006, 11:06 PM
Nothing's officially kicked off, we're in a transitional period.

Catalyst
13th November 2006, 11:09 PM
^ Yes, exactly what MugenKeiji said, we're just waiting out now, current events happening with other characters and such.

Rex Kamex
14th November 2006, 2:59 AM
Eh, I figured so. Yeah.

/\One Piece/\
14th November 2006, 6:53 AM
He joined Whitebeard so he could hide under his shadow.

top 8 guy
14th November 2006, 10:35 AM
Man the latest episode i've seen is where Trace joins Lufty for the trip and Trace owns the Barroque works

Korobooshi Kojiro
14th November 2006, 12:13 PM
What are you talking about.

Judai-and-sho
14th November 2006, 1:26 PM
Actually, I think this could be called the World Government Saga Aftermath. Maybe the Prelude to the BlackBeard arc. Remember, Luffy still has to get his new ship, and his new member(s). So I guess its just like an Aftermath saga.

Catalyst
14th November 2006, 5:26 PM
My god, just skip the shipbuilding and get out to sea, we should get the same as Going Merry. "Here's your ship." "Wow it's awesome." "Now, go. Go, go, go." and they leave.

Blues
14th November 2006, 6:49 PM
This is proof Oda knows how to wrap up a chapter. From what it says at Arlong park, Luffy's new bounty is 300Million beli, while Zoro's is 120million. The other crewmembers got bounties, also. Sanji the Darkleg's 77million is an odd number, but I love the fact that he has a lower bounty than Zoro. The feud goes on! Sogeking gets one of 30million, which was about what I was expecting. I wonder though, since it's obvious Usopp will rejoin the Straw Hats, what will happen to Sogeking? Will he dissapear off the face of the Earth, with a bounty on his head? Also, the marines finally admit they're looking for something other than criminals when they gave Nami a bounty. Those pervs...

I really hope this info's true.

Judai-and-sho
14th November 2006, 10:34 PM
They also gave Chopper a 50 berri bounty.

Rex Kamex
14th November 2006, 11:05 PM
Well... if the spoiler on Arlong Park is true, than according to it, Franky is joining the crew (of course) and they're headed to Fishman Island...

BattleFranky~40
14th November 2006, 11:46 PM
Unda da sea! It is betta down where its wetta! Unda da sea!

Yeah, also 'Nami the Cat Burgler'? Same bounty as Kuro?

I c wut u did dere Oda.

Catalyst
15th November 2006, 1:05 AM
Wasn't Nami called a "Stray Cat" by Bellemere oh so long ago?

PKMNPROF
15th November 2006, 1:16 AM
Actually, I belive Genzo called Nami a Stray Cat (after she was caught stealing a book of course). As for the bounties, awesome! Considering the spoilers are right and Franky joins up, the total is...

Oh, and as for Chopper's bounty poster...COTTON CANDY?

ZOMGWTFLOLBBQNOSEPASSWITHAMOUSTACHE!?!?!

BattleFranky~40
15th November 2006, 1:17 AM
Chopper The Cotton Candy Lover

In other words, the WG considers him to be no threat whatsoever and just decided to give him a bounty to identify him a Straw Hat.

Catalyst
15th November 2006, 1:34 AM
Maybe a set up for an arc to come, Chopper saves the Strawhats? >_>

Judai-and-sho
15th November 2006, 1:45 AM
I think those bounties MAY be fake. Just a theory.

BattleFranky~40
15th November 2006, 1:48 AM
I think those bounties MAY be fake. Just a theory.

The newest spoilers came from the guy who provided last week's.

And as insane as they sounded, they ended up being true (Other than one thing, but I'd say that was a translation error).

Blues
15th November 2006, 2:11 AM
Chopper The Cotton Candy Lover

In other words, the WG considers him to be no threat whatsoever and just decided to give him a bounty to identify him a Straw Hat.

"Congratulations, you caught the Straw Hats' tanuki, here's 50 cents."

I'm guessing his bounty is actually 5mil if they didn't know it was him using Monster Point (Godzilla-esque) and 50million if they did.

BattleFranky~40
15th November 2006, 2:14 AM
"Congratulations, you caught the Straw Hats' tanuki, here's 50 cents."

I'm guessing his bounty is actually 5mil if they didn't know it was him using Monster Point (Godzilla-esque) and 50million if they did.

I doubt they'd give a 5 mill bounty to a little reindeer who they thought couldn't actually do anything.

If they knew about Monster Point, he'd probably called something along the lines of 'Chopper the Monster', if they even knew that the monster was Chopper at all.

Blues
15th November 2006, 2:16 AM
I doubt they'd give a 5 mill bounty to a little reindeer who they thought couldn't actually do anything.

If they knew about Monster Point, he'd probably called something along the lines of 'Chopper the Monster', if they even knew that the monster was Chopper at all.

I guess that's true, but they gave Bellemy a 55million bounty and he was a total weakling.

BattleFranky~40
15th November 2006, 2:49 AM
I guess that's true, but they gave Bellemy a 55million bounty and he was a total weakling.

Bellamy was not a weakling. It's just that his one fight was against a man with a 100 million berri bounty, and the main character.

I mean, he was in charge of the former crew of a Warlord, which means he was probably 2nd-in-Command while Flamingo was still a pirate.

raticatelover
15th November 2006, 5:15 AM
So over at AP Forums and the Wanted Posters pics are officially posted.
Franky's blurry but totally awesome. Nami's is totally smexy, and Sanji...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Sorry but its hilarious.

BattleFranky~40
15th November 2006, 5:19 AM
Chopper is certainly enjoying that delicious cotton candy.

And what the hell happened to Sanji!?

raticatelover
15th November 2006, 5:24 AM
Oh, just looked at the reactions to them on APforums too,
LMAOROTFLBTCSTCNDBFOOTWIFOAGWLLBGWTHROOT SAIAKBAYB
Laughing my *** off rolling on the floor biting the carpet, scaring the cat, nearly dying by falling out of the window in front of a guy who looks like Bill Gates, who then horrified runs out on the street and is accidentally killed by a yellow bulldozer.

BattleFranky~40
15th November 2006, 5:29 AM
http://img157.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-11041/loc391/64287_uporg580215_122_391lo.jpg
Haha

Priceless

Also, apparently Chopper's says 'The Straw Hat's Pet'

raticatelover
15th November 2006, 5:32 AM
Okay, so the spoilers are true, and Chopper is called the Strawhat's Pet. Man, this, bounties, and reactions make up for the fact that more of the Ace/Blackbeard meeting may be overlooked or not there at all this chapter.

HK
15th November 2006, 7:20 AM
Well... if the spoiler on Arlong Park is true, than according to it, Franky is joining the crew (of course) and they're headed to Fishman Island...

Does this mean we at last get to see Jimbei? OH. HELL. YES.

Oda ain't lettin' up in recent chapters at all.

Brinstar
15th November 2006, 7:35 AM
man, I really wanted to see Ace vs Blackbeard this week :[

MugenKeiji
15th November 2006, 10:00 AM
Ha ha, Sanji gets a crappy sketch.

Judai-and-sho
15th November 2006, 2:13 PM
So lets see, Chopper gets 50 beri, I wonder what 50 berri can actually buy you. Well, I guess it is still a bounty.

Blues
15th November 2006, 9:29 PM
I'm guessing 1 beli = 1 yen and since 1 yen = about 1 penny, Chopper's bounty is 50 cents. I find that to be totally useless, since you could kill and sell him for much more.

I'm so glad those spoilers turned out to be true. Not only the bounties, but Franky too.

BattleFranky~40
15th November 2006, 10:07 PM
Does this mean we at last get to see Jimbei? OH. HELL. YES.

Oda ain't lettin' up in recent chapters at all.

Hopefully it doesn't end up being Luffy v. Arlong w/ powerups.

But I guess it's wise not to doubt what Oda could do.

Also, there is apparently something called the Dark Triangle that they have to pass through first.

Judai-and-sho
15th November 2006, 11:02 PM
Yes, and maybe we can get Kuma out of the way there. That would be too good to be true though.

BattleFranky~40
15th November 2006, 11:19 PM
Yes, and maybe we can get Kuma out of the way there. That would be too good to be true though.

That sexy piece of religion needs his own arc.

Judai-and-sho
15th November 2006, 11:32 PM
Yeah, but I see no need for it to be 12 volumes long. If we can get the Don and Kuma out in a few volumes at the Dark Triangle arc, I'll be happy. Plus, I really hate long overdrawn out arcs, which is why I hated Skypea so much. Enies Lobby was only tolerable because it was very nicly done and they featured NEW villians.

BattleFranky~40
16th November 2006, 12:39 AM
Skypeia wasn't nicely done? It didn't feature new villians? Other than the final fight, the pacing in the manga was fine, and how were Eneru and the Priests not new?

The World Government Saga lasted 128 chapters. The Skypeia Saga only lasted 85.

Korobooshi Kojiro
16th November 2006, 12:55 AM
Nothing stands up to the coolness of Fukurou though, NOTHING!

BattleFranky~40
16th November 2006, 12:56 AM
Nothing stands up to the coolness of Fukurou though, NOTHING!

His voice is awesome.

But other than that, Kaku, Califa, and Kumadori are better.

Korobooshi Kojiro
16th November 2006, 1:02 AM
But, HE HAS A ZIPPER MOUTH!

How can you not like a zipper mouth!

BattleFranky~40
16th November 2006, 1:03 AM
But, HE HAS A ZIPPER MOUTH!

How can you not like a zipper mouth!

Kaku has the square of invincibility and the unstoppable power of the giraffe, Califa has rubbing that is sexual harassment, and Kumadori has seppuku.

Blues
16th November 2006, 2:28 AM
Kaku has the square of invincibility and the unstoppable power of the giraffe, Califa has rubbing that is sexual harassment, and Kumadori has seppuku.

That's sexual harassment.

Fukuoru annyoed me to no end. Was he some sort of enchanted rag doll? Kaku's much better than the rest of the CP9.

I loved Skypeia, it was the only "Adventure" type arc One Piece has had, hopefully the upcoming arc will be similar.

MugenKeiji
16th November 2006, 5:26 AM
Franky's bounty FORCES him to join. Sweet, lovely entrapment.

Luffy's bounty is 10x more than it was when he whooped Arlong.

Zoro's is quite worthy, it doubled.

Robin's bounty didn't get a significant increase. Still high though.

Sanji's dealt a double whammy: Significantly lower than Zoro's AND a crappy sketch. Cheer up Sanji, it's higher than Franky's.

Sogeking's is Luffy's original bounty

Nami's bounty is typical of an East Blue raiding Captain (it's higher than Buggy's) and should PROVE that Bounties shouldn't be synonymous with Power Levels.

Chopper's bounty can probably buy you some gum, if you're lucky. No one in their right mind would go after him and I'm sure the Marines don't really give two squats and a donkey about him either. Maybe they want to treat him like Django if they catch him....

BattleFranky~40
16th November 2006, 5:29 AM
I'd like to note that Franky's bounty SHOULD be higher, considering how much he knows about the ancient weapons. But meh.

raticatelover
16th November 2006, 5:55 AM
Robin's bounty didn't get a significant increase. Still high though.
Well, she really didn't do anything that was showed any more of a "threat".

Nami's bounty is typical of an East Blue raiding Captain (it's higher than Buggy's) and should PROVE that Bounties shouldn't be synonymous with Power Levels.

Well, East Blue average was around 3,000,000, so 16,000,000 would be pretty impressivethere, but this is the Grand Line, where the bigger boys play, so that's probably not as impressive as it should be.

MugenKeiji
16th November 2006, 6:18 AM
Well, she really didn't do anything that was showed any more of a "threat".

I dunno, potentially Robin and Franky would be some of the most dangerous members because of the potential in their knowledge.

Clearly she's not as dangerous in action when you consider people like Donflamingo. However as long as there's history and lost weapons, she is considered a demon. Escaping death should prove her a bit more of a threat.

But you know, she really hasn't been much of a consistent problem. So I suppose the pricing is fair. It's just that really after 20 years, it didn't go up so much. I mean Luffy and Zoro's freaking MULTIPLIED.

Franky on the other hand, I guess they're just being cautious. He's a threat but they don't know how much difficulty they'll have in detaining him yet, so it's up in the air. He CAN build another "Oro Jackson" or a Pluton but as far as their intelligence goes, they haven't seen it happen yet.

Well, East Blue average was around 3,000,000, so 16,000,000 would be pretty impressivethere, but this is the Grand Line, where the bigger boys play, so that's probably not as impressive as it should be.

Exactly.

Catalyst
16th November 2006, 7:44 PM
Franky joining the crew = win.

This now makes my hopes complete.

Blues
16th November 2006, 9:42 PM
I really didn't see any way he COULDN'T join. I mean, it was pretty obvious based on his design. It was a lot different than the generic design of most people in the manga, he would be too much of an individual to waste.

I guess the same about Paulie would be true, but Paulie wasn't shown nearly as much. I pity the ones who actually thought he would join.

Judai-and-sho
17th November 2006, 12:20 AM
I just felt Skypea was a bit too long. Not only did it seem to drag on to no end, but we got little info about the plot of the story.(Nothing compared to what the current arc is giving us)

BattleFranky~40
17th November 2006, 2:31 AM
I just felt Skypea was a bit too long. Not only did it seem to drag on to no end, but we got little info about the plot of the story.(Nothing compared to what the current arc is giving us)

Yeah, Skypeia somehow dragged on and WG didn't, even though the WG saga is MUCH longer.

Great.

Abraace
17th November 2006, 3:08 AM
That is true BattleFranky, but somehow I agree with Judai-and-sho. I found the WG saga a far more interesting read than Skypeia. Mostly because so many interesting things happened and a few milestones were reached during it too.

Robin's backstory
Usopp and Luffy fall out(and battle)
Franky, who I find to be an entertaining character
Losing the Merry Go and having it break down
Nami battling Kalifa was nice. You expect Luffy, Sanji and Zoro to fight, so seeing Nami fight was a nice treat
Chopper's rumble ball complications revealed
A little bit more about Gol D Roger's life...although Skypiea did add the Polygryphs in and tied Roger in there
A lot of interesting characters appeared in the WG saga; Franky, Galley-la, Franky Family, Kokoro, Chimney, CP9
Making the Strawhats a bigger threat to the Marines
Whilst it's not confirmed yet, gaining a new Nakama.

Just my opinion, but I'm hoping Oda has a shorter arc next, somewhat like the Davvy Back fight or Jaya arcs, just to break the action up.

Wild Cherry
17th November 2006, 6:52 AM
The Davvy Back fight arc was awesome, I reckon Foxy should make another somewhat devious appearence, only without fighting Luffy though. He had guts taking on a bounty of nealry 4 times his.

The next Arc should have something to do with the Mermen in the Grandline, remember when Arlong said that he got taught from one of the Knights? (You know the people like Donflamingo or Mihawk)

Kingudora
17th November 2006, 8:38 AM
is frankys bounty 44 or 47 million beris
i have heard different bounties on different places

poor chopper T-T
lol @ sanjis poster, when he finnaly gets one he got the ugliest pic ever
however, cool nickname

Wild Cherry
17th November 2006, 9:11 AM
It's 47 000 000 belli.

Kingudora
17th November 2006, 9:20 AM
ok on arlong park someone said 44 mili beri so i believed it
annoying when people say different things

just thought at a thing, chopper said after using two rumble balls that there is just 1/7 chance to change into the form he want to
do this mean he can just get just this forms? hopefully not..

MugenKeiji
17th November 2006, 1:27 PM
You know, I just read the latest manga and I'm not seeing a bounty for Franky. Someone...care to elaborate?

Blues
17th November 2006, 10:10 PM
It's the top of the last page, it shows Franky yelling.

Catalyst
17th November 2006, 10:45 PM
Anyone seen that post on the MSN page for OP reading? I find the idea to be quite fitting.

Kingudora
17th November 2006, 10:54 PM
what? mean this? http://groups.msn.com/onepiecemangav-3/chapter379.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=7841 (one piece)

Rex Kamex
17th November 2006, 11:04 PM
The next Arc should have something to do with the Mermen in the Grandline, remember when Arlong said that he got taught from one of the Knights? (You know the people like Donflamingo or Mihawk)

There's really no point in me putting this in spoilers, but...

Speaking of the next arc, do you think a mermaid-like character will join the crew next? I know it's still too early to tell, but you never know...

Kingudora
17th November 2006, 11:17 PM
i hope a mermaid will join
i dont know what her role on the ship would be but not musican it will be the last member
she has recently get to the age of 30 allowing her to go on land however, she has hard time learning it (later, she will often fall when she runs, much like son goku when he lost his tail for the first time)
cant make up any fighting style that fit her
she is optimistic and carefree but is serious when its serious
yeah something like that

MugenKeiji
17th November 2006, 11:39 PM
It's the top of the last page, it shows Franky yelling.

Ah, that's better.

Maybe I'm just making excuses but when I was reading I couldn't get to page 19...

~Cosmic~
17th November 2006, 11:49 PM
I don't read the jp manga, but I know the story, sorta. What was revealed about Gol D. Rodger's life?