PDA

View Full Version : My Emerald Team

Hydrohs
7th September 2006, 4:36 PM
Ok, I recently got rid of three of my ubers and added Espeon, Aggron and Fygon. So since the aren't level 100 yet I really want move suggestions/items for them. The other three don't really matter I like them but feel free to give sugestions on then too.

Vibrava
@Dragon Fang
Level 39
Fly
Crunch
Faint Attack
Dragon Breath

Aggron
@Steel Coat
Level 43
Headbutt
Metal Claw
Iron Tail
Take Down

Espeon
@Twisted Spoon
Level 65
Shadow Ball
Return
Psychic
Psybeam

Blaziken
@Black Belt
Level 100
Return
Mirror Move
Sky Uppercut
Flamethrower

Suicune
@Nevermeltice
Level 100
Mirror Coat
Hydro Pump
Surf
Ice Beam

Raikou
@Magnet
Level 100
Return
Thunderbolt
Raind Dance
Thunder

blaziken05
7th September 2006, 4:43 PM
Ok, I recently got rid of three of my ubers and added Espeon, Aggron and Fygon. So since the aren't level 100 yet I really want move suggestions/items for them. The other three don't really matter I like them but feel free to give sugestions on then too.

Flygon
@Leftovers
Level 39
Screech
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Quick Attack/Fire Blast

Aggron
@Leftovers
Level 43
Substitute
Focus Punch
Thunder Wave
Rock Slide

Or
Aggron @ Choice Band
Trait: Rock Head
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Double-Edge
- Iron Tail
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Espeon
@Leftovers
Level 65
Calm Mind
Substitute
Psychic
Baton Pass

Blaziken
@Leftovers
Level 100
Swords Dance
Rock Slide
Sky Uppercut
Flamethrower/Overheat/Fire Blast

Suicune
@Leftovers
Level 100
Calm Mind
Rest
Surf
Ice Beam

Raikou
@Leftovers
Level 100
Crunch
Thunderbolt
Calm Mind
Substitute/Reflect

10charlimit

Pika Egg
7th September 2006, 4:48 PM
Flygon
Nature: Adamant
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Screech
-Quick Attack/Fire Blast

Aggron
-Rock Slide
-EQ
-Double Edge?
-something....

Espeon
Nature: Modest?
-Psychic
-Calm Mind
-Bite/Substitute
-Baton Pass

Blaziken - Rock Slide and Swords Dance for the the first two moves.

Suicune
-Calm Mind
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Rest
(something like that I think)

Raikou
-Calm Mind
-Thunderbolt
-Crunch
-HP Ice,Water,Grass / Substitute
(something like that I think)

Edit: beaten..meh

blaziken05
7th September 2006, 4:52 PM
^The RMT Thread says modest for Espyjump, though I find that I prefer Calm (which is what Smogon recommends.) So your choice, if you care about the natures.

Hydrohs
7th September 2006, 4:58 PM
I never use supporting moves...waste of time, natures dont matter to me either. So if you'd like to edit your posts...

blaziken05
7th September 2006, 5:02 PM
If you don't use supporting moves, Espeon is useless. Suicune, Blaziken, and Raikou aren't particularly good either.

Flygon@Choice Band
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Quick Attack
-Fire Blast

Why do you consider such moves to be a waste of time?

Hydrohs
7th September 2006, 5:05 PM
Why use them when I can one hit the Pokemon anyway?

Pika Egg
7th September 2006, 5:06 PM
I never use supporting moves...waste of time, natures dont matter to me either. So if you'd like to edit your posts...

Or better yet, if you'd like to not post...

Ok, I can understand ignoring Natures since they're just meant to add a bit more complexity... but how can you not use supporting moves? Why waste time getting 3 hit KO's on every opponent when you can take 2 turns to power up and OHKO everyone? Granted, for many of the simple in-game battles, supporting moves aren't needed, but they are crucial for battles at the Battle Frontier, etc.

Edit: I highly doubt you'll be OHKOing every/many pokemon at the BF....

blaziken05
7th September 2006, 5:09 PM
There'll be times in the BF when you don't have time to use them, but when you do, you need to take those oppurtunities to be successful.

And let's not get started on link battles.

K-os
8th September 2006, 9:46 AM
You should use some stat boosting moves; they are good in the BF.

If you get more TMs, your team could turn out to be quite good.

~K-os~;249-d;

Shadow Tyranitar
8th September 2006, 8:40 PM
Why hit the pokemon with an unpowered up move when you can hit them with a powered up one???It's wastes a turn,but it pays off in the long-run....................Pika Egg and Blaziken05 are right.You're wrong,Flare.

Hydrohs
9th September 2006, 12:19 AM
No..why take 3 turns to use screech and lower there defanse then attack when you can kill it in three? I dont know what you guys are smoking but where I live thats how its played..

littlestchristian13
9th September 2006, 12:21 AM
8.7/10 you're getting there!

blaziken05
9th September 2006, 12:34 AM
No..why take 3 turns to use screech and lower there defanse then attack when you can kill it in three? I dont know what you guys are smoking but where I live thats how its played..

You use screech in one turn and you can kill it in two.

1 Swords Dance will speed up future KOs.

And against competent human opponents, you're screwed without those moves.

Hydrohs
9th September 2006, 12:37 AM
...I only have on other person who playes pokemon, and we both use attack moves and agree that support moves are retarted...

Shadow Tyranitar
9th September 2006, 12:50 AM
well,I think that the majority of us here at Serebii.net believe you are retarded!!!I think you are smokin' something!I have been called Noob,hypocrite,dumb, and noob cake by many,but you truly are thick!
You have no strategy whatsoever,no backup plan,no nothing.......................It'll be funny when you see how dumb you sound!

Hydrohs
9th September 2006, 12:56 AM
That great, but when you only have on other person to play with...strategy is pretty useless, I mainly battle the elite 4 in game anyway and I do fine in the battle frontier...so say what you will, If I had more people to play against I'd obviously come up with a better strategy.

dragontamer_blake
9th September 2006, 1:21 AM
flare i used to think like you but not anymore get it through ur head that support moves are good and attacking moves will get you screwed in the bf eventually u really thick. whyd u even post here if your not gonna rake our advice man i really would like to see u win a gold symbol in the bf and if uve won a silver symbol already i bet its just sheer luck but this is just my opinion

Hydrohs
9th September 2006, 2:16 AM
Ok well so far this strategy has worked for me so thats what I go with, we have different opinions so lets leave it at that? IM not saying you should switch to my way, if yours worls for you then go with it. Im just using what works for me.

Pika Egg
9th September 2006, 3:21 AM
Well, the thing is, it's not really a matter of opinion since you claim that support moves are completely useless, whereas it can clearly be proven that support moves are very useful, if used correctly. Brute force is only a useful strategy against weak opponents (I'd consider the E4 to be the strongest of the 'weak' opponents), but when the opponent is more formidable (BF, link-battle, etc), strategy is key.

Another point about link battles, if your friend only uses attack moves, it's even easier to predict his move. So swap in a pokemon that resists the attack you're expecting, and then take advantage of your opponent switching out to power up. 1 Swords Dance/Substitute sets up your strategy immediately, while 1 Calm Mind makes it easier for you to Calm Mind again. Then, as we've mentioned in previous comments, with your increased Att/Sp.Att, you wll be able to destoy your opponent with considerable ease since only strategy can counter strategy effectively.

blaziken05
9th September 2006, 3:27 AM
Success in the Battle Frontier using poor strategy can happen. It's difficult, but possible (I've been finding success with a mono team.)

Shadow Tyranitar
9th September 2006, 3:49 AM
yeah,but there are much easier roads to take,i'm not saying you can't do crap with them,just Flare's philosophy on that is sickening................I mean,why did you post this if all you have to say about our advice is that it is 'retarded' and we are smoking something?!?!?!?

PatTar
9th September 2006, 3:55 AM
lol @ this thread.

he obviously DOES NOT want to change his mind.

but he is also obviously WRONG.

Support moves are needed, espescially in the fronteir. you will get killed REALLY fast without them.

Hell, even the AI uses them.

ZNtelle
9th September 2006, 4:01 AM
Let's just stop rating this team.

Hydrohs
9th September 2006, 5:15 AM
Exactly, I am not changing my mind. Im sticking with my strategy until it fails to work. Then I'll come up with a new one >.> I'm just sorry that I disagreed with you guys.

Shadow Tyranitar
9th September 2006, 5:22 AM
lol @ this thread.I'm thinking the same thing.

he obviously DOES NOT want to change his mind.

but he is also obviously WRONG.

Support moves are needed, espescially in the fronteir. you will get killed REALLY fast without them.

Hell, even the AI uses them.
This is dumb.I really want to know why you posted your team.........

Vampiric Knight
9th September 2006, 5:24 AM
This is dumb.I really want to know why you posted your team.........
It's not the first time.

I'm absolutely sick of it.

deoxys_attack_mode
9th September 2006, 5:30 AM
I used to think support moves were pointless, and I even made a thread a long time ago about why I thought that way. It was closed down after 4 pages of flaming. But after that, I've changed my mind. Yeah, in-game, brute force usually gets you through most situations. But everywhere else, especially NetBattle, lack of support=death. I've actually won against the E4 in Emerald BECAUSE of using support. Calm-cuine is a great combo; a lvl 54 Suicune can take down a lvl 58 Milotic with only surf in 3 turns after it maxes out its special stats.

Shadow Tyranitar
9th September 2006, 5:32 AM
There is more of this?!?OMG!!!This is spam,but what else can we do???

deoxys_attack_mode
9th September 2006, 5:14 PM
It was a very old thread. It's what I call NMS. Newb Moveset Syndrom. I had it, and many others have it.

Shadow Tyranitar
9th September 2006, 7:16 PM
what a sad world we live in.Anyway, if anyone posts here trying to help this guy,you might as well not.You'd have a better chance of trying to teach a pig to do backflips................

ZNtelle
9th September 2006, 9:35 PM
Or getting George Bush and Jessica Simpson to do something smart.

dragontamer_blake
10th September 2006, 12:40 AM
Or getting George Bush and Jessica Simpson to do something smart.
lol thats funny.anyway,people should not post in this thread anymore as flare is not going to change his mind as he is retarted himself

deoxys_attack_mode
11th September 2006, 3:43 PM
Or just get him to download NetBattle.......