PDA

View Full Version : BAI Campus - OOC Thread for Pokemon Battle Academy!

Pages : [1] 2

Night Avenger
7th September 2006, 9:58 PM
OK, so dicuss anything that has to do with the RPG here. Not in the Sign-up, nor the real RPG. I'm willing to answer your questions! :D

Leon Phelps
8th September 2006, 1:41 AM
Thanks for accepting me, I'm just a little curious. Are there going to be rankings and different dorms based on skill like in YGO GX? Also, could you hint at the plot a little more? This is a nice idea, fic worthy, but I want to know if someone's going to try ruling the world and stuff.

SlipKnoT
8th September 2006, 2:21 AM
Like the above poster said.Like Suicune Blue=best, Raikou Yellow=2nd and Entei Red=3rd.Just a thought.

Hyuu
8th September 2006, 2:39 AM
I am also curious how far GX's influence has stretched in this RPG. There were no mentions of houses of sorts, so it's sensible to ask here.

PokemonBreederChris
8th September 2006, 2:53 AM
Yeah, and will there be the elite Lugia coats? the white coats with the colors of the house?

Anywho, you have allot of people on this thread, a whole classfull.

squirtleking
8th September 2006, 10:21 AM
It depends where the Academy is - Kanto would probably have Moltres Red, Zapdos Yellow and Articuno Blue, whereas Hoenn could have Kyogre Blue, Groudon Red and Rayquaza Green.

Are we allowed to bring in extra NPCs to further the story and interact with? In addition, can characters have relationships (as in dating)?

Canis Lupus
8th September 2006, 9:28 PM
Yah, info on the dorms would be helpful... If it is based on Yu-Gi-Oh GX, then we will all have dorms...

Really off-topic: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Dragonite Trainer
9th September 2006, 1:25 AM
yeah the dorms would be nice to know and are we all in the same classes?

Night Avenger
9th September 2006, 7:22 PM
Thanks Canis Lupus, you remembered! :D

Also, I've already had a discussion about this with Suicune:

The only dorms will be the Boys Dorms and the Girls Dorms. Reasons:
1. It will be equal and everyone will be able to interact with other members, not like: "Shut up! I'm a Suicune blue, so you can't talk to me like that Entei Red!"
2. It will be more peaceful, no one saying: "Why am I on the weakest dorm, while he/she is on the highest one? I'm stronger than him/her!"
3. Also, no bossing around: "You're too weak and puny to be able to defeat a rocket admin! I, on the other hand, being a Suicune Blue could kick his butt."

Also to other questions:
Q: Will we be able to have relationships, like dating for example?
A: Yes, you will be able, however you can't go and ask someone on a RP date, you'll have to know him/her better, become friends and then take the big step XD.

Q: Can we create NPCs?
A: Yes, you can create NPCs, like a popular guy, a bully or someting like that. However, there will be a restriction of 1 NPC for each member.

Q: Are we all in the same classes?
A: Umm, you can choose in what period you want to have each class, that way you will have the same class with different people, like changing :D

Q: Will there be someone trying to take over the world?
A: Sorta... There will be the normal teams, Rocket, Aqua, etc. :D

Also, there might be another question that no one has asked but some of you might want to know:
Q: Will there be any homework?
A: Yes. There will be homework such as taking care of a berry, developing contest move combinations, etc.

Russian May
9th September 2006, 7:28 PM
Thanks Canis Lupus, you remembered! :D

Also, I've already had a discussion about this with Suicune:

The only dorms will be the Boys Dorms and the Girls Dorms. Reasons:
1. It will be equal and everyone will be able to interact with other members, not like: "Shut up! I'm a Suicune blue, so you can't talk to me like that Entei Red!"
2. It will be more peaceful, no one saying: "Why am I on the weakest dorm, while he/she is on the highest one? I'm stronger than him/her!"
3. Also, no bossing around: "You're too weak and puny to be able to defeat a rocket admin! I, on the other hand, being a Suicune Blue could kick his butt."

Also to other questions:
Q: Will we be able to have relationships, like dating for example?
A: Yes, you will be able, however you can't go and ask someone on a RP date, you'll have to know him/her better, become friends and then take the big step XD.
Q: Can we create NPCs?
A: Yes, you can create NPCs, like a popular guy, a bully or someting like that. however, there will be a retriction of 1 NPC for each member.

That's really cool! Oh, I can't wait for it!!! I have a feeling that this RPG is going to rock!!!

SlipKnoT
9th September 2006, 7:41 PM
This RPG just screams awsomeness defined!

Pokenatic92
9th September 2006, 7:44 PM
i know..this is gonna be awesome...great idea N_A

Night Avenger
9th September 2006, 7:49 PM
I thought of it while I was at my brother's basketball game, I asked my parents who was winning and when they told me that this was a practice game I instantly got bored and started thinking until suddenly this thing popped into my mind! :D As I said, "Brilliant!" was the only word that came to my mind after that, so here we are, 4 days later and more than 20 members :D My other RPG took two weeks in the sign ups and I just got eleven members... :D

PokemonBreederChris
9th September 2006, 8:53 PM
I call the "Zain" type character!

LOL. I don't care, as long as I can progress...

Leon Phelps
9th September 2006, 9:55 PM
I ask too many questions >.>

Are we allowed to start subplots for our characters?

I'm getting pretty cranky. I wonder what's up with NA.
He has a LIFE. Don't rush him. It isn't like we all have to post as soon as he gets the thread up.

ClowSui
9th September 2006, 10:27 PM
dating's pretty much a subplot, so i think so....

Diana_girl
9th September 2006, 10:29 PM
I'm getting pretty cranky. I wonder what's up with NA.
subplots would be cool...

crystal-zephyr
9th September 2006, 11:37 PM
Are there going to be like competitions between people for classes like a pokemon contest class and the whole class could compete in it for extra credit or something like that.

Also in this RP can i eventually get a shiny pokemon that is weak and doesn't evolve (Bellsprout) PLEASE *makes cute face*

Spriteman
9th September 2006, 11:38 PM
He is taking a bit of a while, ain't he... Just out of interest, what pokemon are you guys wanting to get? I want a dark, grass or a psychic type myself ^^

-HZ-
9th September 2006, 11:47 PM
He is taking a bit of a while, ain't he... Just out of interest, what pokemon are you guys wanting to get? I want a dark, grass or a psychic type myself ^^

An eevee, or Sneasel, cuz i'm special like that.

Diana_girl
9th September 2006, 11:48 PM
Oops, there I go again, rushing people, heheh..... I wouldn't know about having a life as I don't have one myself...
It would be nice to get a psychic or a water type...

Dragonite Trainer
9th September 2006, 11:48 PM
i want onix or charmander

crystal-zephyr
9th September 2006, 11:51 PM
thinking of what was said of how the pokemon you get is determined by your characters personallity and over stuff, i'm probably gonna get a ghost/dark/poison type. I'm hoping to get a Zubat/ Mudkip/ Taillow/ Caterpie/ Bagon. Then if i can get a shiny Bellsprout. Wither way eventually i want to have a full team of Crobat, Swampert, Swellow, Butterfree, Salamence (doubt be allowed though), shiny Bellsprout (if allowed).

PokemonBreederChris
10th September 2006, 12:04 AM
My character wants a beautiful yet strong pokemon. Possible Ralts, Skitty, Wismur, Ponyta, Mew, Sawblue, Pidgey, etc.

Personally I want to be suprised with what I get.

Dragonite Trainer
10th September 2006, 12:17 AM
yeah i guess it would be cool to just stay suprised. he said he had the chioces all thought out and everything

-HZ-
10th September 2006, 12:18 AM
:| Im going to bed now.. and I might not be on, even tommorow as my brother will be on because I spent today waiting for this. :/

Dragonite Trainer
10th September 2006, 12:40 AM
maybe something happened to his computer and he cant get on untill those dudes finish his room or whatever

SlipKnoT
10th September 2006, 12:49 AM
I want a Vulpix, but if we get pokemon based on our personality then I'll probably get like a Sneasle because I'm dark like that.

Night Avenger
10th September 2006, 4:08 AM
Hi! I'm finally here! I had to go to my little cousin's second birthday, then I had to go to a hockey game (we lost, 10 - 0 BTW) And after that, I'm finally here! :D

ClowSui
10th September 2006, 4:17 AM
iono...i'd really like a trapinch or a dratini but you never know what you're gonna get...

Night Avenger
10th September 2006, 6:04 AM
The RPG has been posted! Now I need some sleep... Bye...

Ash_Junior
10th September 2006, 6:37 AM
wait a minute....I have a Quilava?

not a Cyndaquil?

Hyuu
10th September 2006, 7:20 AM
wait a minute....I have a Quilava?

not a Cyndaquil?

I think the "Quil" is from the last part of CyndaQUIL, not Quilava. :p

Anyways, I like the choice of Absol: The Pokemon slated with chaos. I thought I might get that or Whismur. I'm a pyschic [/kidding] :p

-HZ-
10th September 2006, 10:04 AM
I know this is a bit off-topic, but I've beaten the E4, but the Rockets on One Island won't battle me. What do I do? :| (LG)

flygonrulz
10th September 2006, 10:11 AM
I got a random apearing Ralts, yay. Anyways, what i wanted to say was that I had an idea. Insead of like house comps that we usually have at school with teachers and all that, what if there was a secret Girl vs Boy battle circuit in the school? No teacher supervision, just battles after lights out to deturmine the top battler and what not.

Hyuu
10th September 2006, 10:21 AM
I got a random apearing Ralts, yay. Anyways, what i wanted to say was that I had an idea. Insead of like house comps that we usually have at school with teachers and all that, what if there was a secret Girl vs Boy battle circuit in the school? No teacher supervision, just battles after lights out to deturmine the top battler and what not.

Well, than they'll probably be a lot of arguing over who wins... But I like the Girl vs. Boys old game, it'll be good bonding within the dorms and it'll be fun. Still, there'll probably be arguing over who wins... If you have a solution for that, than it's fine.

And there's also the problem of some Pokemon being meant for beginners and others not (I don't feel like elaborating but the attacks gained and the offensive damage vs. defensive strength is different from say an Onix to a Squirtle.)

flygonrulz
10th September 2006, 10:55 AM
Well, it could be a rote. You know, boy girl boy girl. It could get characters annoyed as well! XD

Hyuu
10th September 2006, 11:38 AM
I know this is a bit off-topic, but I've beaten the E4, but the Rockets on One Island won't battle me. What do I do? :| (LG)

Walkthrough. Directly at the part you are at I think... (http://pokedream.com/games/fireleaf/walkthrough/17-island1_2.php)

Annoyed boys and girls xP Sounds fun. Well, we'll see, won't we?

Edit: I got the link wrong first time :p

crystal-zephyr
10th September 2006, 11:52 AM
That sounds like a good idea to me. I wouldn't complain if it happened and my character lost.

Spriteman
10th September 2006, 1:24 PM
Cool! I got an emo Mime Jr. :D

Mime Jr. is like, the best, and could own you all (points hand crookedly at everyone in the forum). I feel like god... Anyway, nice, I'm well glad that it started ^^

SlipKnoT
10th September 2006, 1:36 PM
I got an awesome pokemon!A Magby!Now I wonder if in D/P it'll evolve?But I love Fire Pokemon!

Diana_girl
10th September 2006, 2:32 PM
Cool! I got the graceful lapras....too bad it doesn't evolve.
I was wondering, can I post in first person?

Spriteman
10th September 2006, 2:35 PM
You probably can, but do it in third person just now, thats what I'm doing. Its hard to do, 'cuz I usually RP in first person, so I keep having to change "I" to "He"... Gets annoying after a while :(

ClowSui
10th September 2006, 2:36 PM
swablu? that's awesome...just what i needed - close enough to both trapinch and dratini. i think i'm going to try and snag a zangoose or a dratini or even a trapinch next too...

PokemonBreederChris
10th September 2006, 3:14 PM
I somehow knew I would of gotten a seel, lol.

Well, my goal for my next catch would be.......Hitmonchan, or Tyrogue.

Russian May
10th September 2006, 4:09 PM
I've got a Togepi! Nice choice!
Anyway, I'm thinking of catching Torchic, Eevee, Ralts, Trapinch and Feebas!

Ash_Junior
10th September 2006, 6:33 PM
All Kangaskhan were female, and kept a young baby in their pouches.

then how do they reproduce?

:P

Leon Phelps
10th September 2006, 6:42 PM
The secret battling isn't such a bad idea. It would be nice as long as no one power plays themselves and we can find some way to decide who will win in advance. Maybe via PM.

The Doctor
10th September 2006, 6:44 PM
Hmm, Sneasel...Ice-type, like Cain's cold personality, and Dark-type like his obsession...yes, that will do quite nicely.

If you read my post, you'll know about the types of Pokemon Cain likes. I was thinking of catching a Ralts, an Electrike, a Houndour, a Duskull and maybe if tis allowed...A Rozureido. I don't know why, I just really like 'em.

Hyuu
10th September 2006, 7:04 PM
Revi has twice been made out as a boy T_T I'm thinking of just making him a boy since she's always mistaken as one (not transplant -_- He'll always have been a boy from the start if that's the case.) All I have to do is change the sign-up a little. Revi will just be a very... active boy and probably a little more joke orientated.

I'm just annoyed :p. But I probably am changing Revi to a boy because I don't want to be annoyed anymore [I'm more use to RPing boys anyways, so it works out.] I'll be editing my posts too. We're not too far in it and since Revi hasn't made any friends, there's no inconveniance I suppose. Besides, if we're doing the Boys VS. Girls, than I want to be a boy for that since I am one in real life.

Still thinking about the Pokemon I want to catch, though I'm starting out with a weak and easy Pidgey since Absol's offensive moves aren't that great for the first 13 levels at least.

Edit: Changed it. If I hadn't posted here, I'm sure some of you wouldn't have known the change -_-

SlipKnoT
10th September 2006, 7:19 PM
I think my next target will be a Bagon or a Munchlax.

The Benmeister
10th September 2006, 9:46 PM
Hooray, I got an Eevee. I'm not going to stone it, I instead plan to have it become an Espeon or Umbreon, whichever fits the Cute rank of contests more, but I'm not sure at this point in time.

I also bagged myself a Wurmple in my recent update. Obviously Beautifly is my target there. Eventually I will have one Pokemon for each contest rank, Eevee for Cute and Beautifly for Beauty is what I have planned for so far. Not sure about my future additions, I'll most likely make it up as it comes along.

Any other co-ordinators out there? If there is, it would be great to try out our skills together.

squirtleking
10th September 2006, 9:53 PM
then how do they reproduce?

:P

Don't ask me, I didn't make the games which chose to make Kangaskhan 100% female (I think it's meant to be the "mothering instinct")

So, I have a Kangaskhan! Like my character said, I really wasn't expecting to get such a great pokemon as my starter! I think my character will be a bit like Syrus in GX (but not as annoying) - you know, a bit shy around strangers and avoiding battles.

My future catches include Taillow, Scyther and either Treecko or Charmander.

Leon Phelps
10th September 2006, 9:55 PM
^^Benmeister, I wouldn't mind being in Contests. I'll try to make use of Carvahna and Sharpedo.

When are we going to start having classes and stuff? I know that we should be able to have fun, but I thought that the purpose of the Battle Academy was to teach students the basics. It just doesn't seem right that most people are already catching pokemon. Or maybe this school could be for producing elite trainers/coordinators. I don't know...

Dragonite Trainer
10th September 2006, 10:01 PM
i got an Onix which i thought i would get like a geodude or something but Onix is a great pokemon . But i just caught a sandshrew in my last post. but does any one want to like excel in team battling because i would like to team up with someone

The Benmeister
10th September 2006, 10:03 PM
^(@ Leon's post) I'll second that. Maybe each day, Night Avenger gives us an update with a lesson plan. There also seems to be quite a lot of people just for one RPG.

I know I caught my Pokemon early, but it was only a Wurmple, and it's similar to how Ash's first Pokemon was a weak and feeble Caterpie. I'll most likely have just these two Pokemon for a while now.

Hyuu
10th September 2006, 10:13 PM
i got an Onix which i thought i would get like a geodude or something but Onix is a great pokemon . But i just caught a sandshrew in my last post. but does any one want to like excel in team battling because i would like to team up with someone

Team battling? I'd be willing to try that ^^ Sounds interesting and fun! Though it may be a little hard with an Absol and an Onix. Want to talk more about it over PM?

SlipKnoT
10th September 2006, 10:19 PM
I think tommorow, tonight, or in the near future I'll get a Bagon.Around the 15th I think Blaze will evolve.

PokemonBreederChris
10th September 2006, 10:31 PM
Can we come up with school events? or do you have to?

I am going to catch my first pokemon after a contest I made up.

Dragonite Trainer
10th September 2006, 10:34 PM
Team battling? I'd be willing to try that ^^ Sounds interesting and fun! Though it may be a little hard with an Absol and an Onix. Want to talk more about it over PM?

yeah sure that would be cool but i also caught a sandshrew so that might help to

Hyuu
10th September 2006, 11:20 PM
I think tommorow, tonight, or in the near future I'll get a Bagon.Around the 15th I think Blaze will evolve.

Magby evolves at level THIRTY. I don't think you should be there in just five days. Magby needs rest after every battle, not to mention it is rather taxing for its 'baby' Pokemon status. Your Magby also has a lot of powerful moves (i.e. Mega Punch, Fire Punch). I think we should regulate how many attacks our Pokemon have now and their level because Suicune's is a bit too strong. It's annoying to you continously win with your enemy not fighting back (it's not right =/ Wild Pokemon are strong and have better instinct than domestic Pokemon so they should fight back at least occasionally.) I'm not trying to start a fight/flame war, it's just I disagree with how much you're winning.

Bah, just my opinion.

Night Avenger, are we allowed to have Egg Moves, TMs, or Move Tutors? Curious...

Dragonite Trainer
10th September 2006, 11:29 PM
Magby evolves at level THIRTY. I don't think you should be there in just five days. Magby needs rest after every battle, not to mention it is rather taxing for its 'baby' Pokemon status. Your Magby also has a lot of powerful moves (i.e. Mega Punch, Fire Punch). I think we should regulate how many attacks our Pokemon have now and their level because Suicune's is a bit too strong. It's annoying to you continously win with your enemy not fighting back (it's not right =/ Wild Pokemon are strong and have better instinct than domestic Pokemon so they should fight back at least occasionally.) I'm not trying to start a fight/flame war, it's just I disagree with how much you're winning.

Bah, just my opinion.

Night Avenger, are we allowed to have Egg Moves, TMs, or Move Tutors? Curious...

yeah Hyuu and pokemonbreederchris are right. your pokemon does need to rest. you just keep posting how you go into your dorm and the magby wants to go right back out and battle wild pokemon. And with the moves i can understand mega punch being an egg move but magby doesnt learn fire punch till level 19. there is no way you could have got your pokemon to that level already and still be realistic

Leon Phelps
10th September 2006, 11:30 PM
~Hyuu, you are actually right. We should also regulate how many times we post on a page. A lot of people haven't even started yet and we shouldn't have level 50 pokemon on the first day.

Let's all try to be realistic :D

Dragonite Trainer
10th September 2006, 11:32 PM
~Hyuu, you are actually right. We should also regulate how many times we post on a page. A lot of people haven't even started yet and we shouldn't have level 50 pokemon on the first day.

Let's all try to be realistic :D

well my Onix is only at lv 9 and sandshrew at lv 6

Leon Phelps
10th September 2006, 11:36 PM
Hey PokemonBreederChris, don't critisize me.Why does EVERYTHING have to make sense.Does little creatures that spit fire make sense?No.And if your gonna critisize the way I battle or anything, PM me.
That isn't the point. First of all, your posts are terribly short and you are posting too many times per page. Let some other people into the spotlight because your character is turning into a Gary-Stu.

Hyuu
10th September 2006, 11:38 PM
well my Onix is only at lv 9 and sandshrew at lv 6

Yeah, see, that's a problem ^^;;; I currently think my Absol's at lvl. 5 since I have no idea what the other level Pokemon are and my Pidgey is around like lvl. 3 or 4 so we really should keep track and regulate levels.

Canis Lupus
10th September 2006, 11:39 PM
Yah, I'm getting overwhelmed by all the posting... But anyway, I am gonna post again soon...

Dragonite Trainer
10th September 2006, 11:42 PM
Yeah, see, that's a problem ^^;;; I currently think my Absol's at lvl. 5 since I have no idea what the other level Pokemon are and my Pidgey is around like lvl. 3 or 4 so we really should keep track and regulate levels.

your absol would be like lv 6 or 7 because of the pidgey fight

PokemonBreederChris
10th September 2006, 11:46 PM
Well my Seel is at level 7-8 after my battle with a trainer, and It knows one egg move: Lick.

Perhaps the creator can make a whole new list of fifty TMs, for each game has a differant list....

Hyuu
10th September 2006, 11:48 PM
your absol would be like lv 6 or 7 because of the pidgey fight

I used three scratches and one leer to knock it out and that was my first battle. I don't think I should've gained a level (course I tend to underestimate things easily. :p)

PokemonBreederChris
10th September 2006, 11:53 PM
Like in my really long post I did in the RPG, I made it like differant islands have differant pokemon, so like a baggon which is extremely rare, and a fav to many, would be like only few on the last island. We can't have 200 differant species on 1 island that throws of the ecosystem. So I think we should only start catching more common, or begginer/intermediate type pokemon at first.

Hyuu
10th September 2006, 11:57 PM
Like in my really long post I did in the RPG, I made it like differant islands have differant pokemon, so like a baggon which is extremely rare, and a fav to many, would be like only few on the last island. We can't have 200 differant species on 1 island that throws of the ecosystem. So I think we should only start catching more common, or begginer/intermediate type pokemon at first.

I agree. We shouldn't start catching Eevees and Bagons. They're rare (even though I want both, I'll hold off on that desire. I probably won't get either with how rare they are. ) so shouldn't be common. Settle for other more common Pokemon instead. Spoils everything if you get all the cheats at the beginning :p

Dragonite Trainer
11th September 2006, 12:21 AM
yeah that sounds good having rarer pokemon on different islands. but nobody has caught a high level pokemon yet so no need to worry

SlipKnoT
11th September 2006, 12:54 AM
I agree. We shouldn't start catching Eevees and Bagons. They're rare (even though I want both, I'll hold off on that desire. I probably won't get either with how rare they are. ) so shouldn't be common. Settle for other more common Pokemon instead. Spoils everything if you get all the cheats at the beginning :p

Is Cacnea rare?Because I caught one.

Dragonite Trainer
11th September 2006, 12:57 AM
cacneas are uncommon pokeomn and not really beginner type pokeomn but it should be fine

SlipKnoT
11th September 2006, 1:04 AM
cacneas are uncommon pokeomn and not really beginner type pokeomn but it should be fine

Good.I could battle with it now, but it's night.Blaze will be out of commision for a while.I'm gonna lose big soon.Just gonna get a few more wins so the cocky trainer get's his *** kicked thing really works.

ClowSui
11th September 2006, 1:16 AM
lol we both caught cacnea's. my cacnea's gonna be a bit rowdy and hard to handle though; he'll want to stick to battles but ultimately he's gonna get convinced to be part of contests.

i think that my cacnea's level 6 and my swablu's level 8, seeing as she continuously used the same motion over and over again for 3 hours while only taking 5 minute breaks.

SlipKnoT
11th September 2006, 1:45 AM
Cool!My Cacnea is lv. 6 too.It's a baby aswell.I don't think it's fair that we go out and catch a lv. 10+ pokemon or something this early.

Thorn(Cacnea)
lv.6
Poison Sting, Leer, Absorb, Counter

I would make it's eg move Dynamicpunch(real Cacnea egg move) but that seems unfair.

Leon Phelps
11th September 2006, 2:44 AM
How does a level 6 Cacnea have so many moves? Leer and Counter? Dynamic Punch is a move that fighting types learn in the 40's or 50's... I won't bug you anymore.

What's the next event for the morning? I'm anxious to get started with the story.

Dragonite Trainer
11th September 2006, 2:49 AM
How does a level 6 Cacnea have so many moves? Leer and Counter? Dynamic Punch is a move that fighting types learn in the 40's or 50's... I won't bug you anymore.

What's the next event for the morning? I'm anxious to get started with the story.

Not sure DA said that the classes start in the morning but he controls all of the teachers I think

ClowSui
11th September 2006, 2:49 AM
lol leon's right; even i'm just limited to tackle, dynamic punch (dude egg move, but i'm going to have cacnea be inexperienced be it to balance it out), poison sting and absorb.

Canis Lupus
11th September 2006, 11:24 AM
Eheh, I lost. I just had to do that.... Well, I'm gonna ctacth something, but I'm still deciding on what.

SlipKnoT
11th September 2006, 12:15 PM

Counter and Dynamicpunch are both Egg moves.Babys know them.Leer is a starting move and so is poison sting.

squirtleking
11th September 2006, 12:53 PM
Erm, I don't suppose it would kill anyone to try and include my character, would it? I know I haven't been as active as some yet, but I've basically been ignored since the start of the RPG.

The Benmeister
11th September 2006, 4:26 PM
Erm, I don't suppose it would kill anyone to try and include my character, would it? I know I haven't been as active as some yet, but I've basically been ignored since the start of the RPG.

Likewise, but less so. Luckily for you, my character is now in pursuit of yours.

darkpkmn fan1
11th September 2006, 4:53 PM

Same here, iv been ignored too.

Night Avenger
11th September 2006, 6:04 PM
OK, third time I say this, you can't learn TMs or HMs but you can develop your pokemon abilities so they can have more powerful attacks, like making an Ember using pokemon train on that Ember until it becomes Flamethrower (which could take a bit to do) Also, for the ignored guys, socialize, crash with someone (like I just did) and start a conversation, that way you won't be ignored.

Secondly, I do control the teachers, I give you your grades, homeworks and that stuff, today, we'll start with Pokemon Coordination taught by prof. Drew at 4:00 pm here in GMT -5, so check your GMT time and estimate when the class is starting there at your home :D

darkpkmn fan1
11th September 2006, 6:28 PM
OK, third time I say this, you can't learn TMs or HMs but you can develop your pokemon abilities so they can have more powerful attacks, like making an Ember using pokemon train on that Ember until it becomes Flamethrower (which could take a bit to do) Also, for the ignored guys, socialize, crash with someone (like I just did) and start a conversation, that way you won't be ignored.

Secondly, I do control the teachers, I give you your grades, homeworks and that stuff, today, we'll start with Pokemon Coordination taught by prof. Drew at 4:00 pm here in GMT -5, so check your GMT time and estimate when the class is starting there at your home :D

But im at school then.

Night Avenger
11th September 2006, 6:32 PM
What is your GMT time??

darkpkmn fan1
11th September 2006, 6:35 PM
Im in the Uk so 4 hours before 4:00pm is 12:00 midday. I will be at school.

It is 6:35pm now.

crystal-zephyr
11th September 2006, 6:36 PM
I'm not sure what the GMT time is for me but mine is just GMT i think. I live in UK and i dont no.

Yeah same here im in school too.

darkpkmn fan1
11th September 2006, 6:38 PM
I'm not sure what the GMT time is for me but mine is just GMT i think. I live in UK and i dont no.

GMT means greenwhich mean time. Greenwhich is a place in the U.K. its in london. Gmt =00 is u.k. time

Night Avenger
11th September 2006, 6:52 PM
Oh, please tell me what time can you be at class here :D?

darkpkmn fan1
11th September 2006, 6:54 PM
Abut 5:00pm - 10:00pm GMT. That would be best.

Why is my charachtor basically ignored.

Russian May
11th September 2006, 7:25 PM
Meh, I live in Russia and it's 10:26 PM now. I think it would be hard for me to adjust to your schedule...

darkpkmn fan1
11th September 2006, 7:27 PM
I have am idea but i doubt NA will PM back.

Canis Lupus
11th September 2006, 8:12 PM
Heh, darkpkmn fan1, I have been ignored too. Let's make an "ignored" group of friends in the RPG! No really! I'm serious!

darkpkmn fan1
11th September 2006, 8:31 PM
Your idea rocks.

Canis Lupus
11th September 2006, 8:40 PM
Your idea rocks.

Thanks! =) I just had my character go after Alex.(squirtleking) Wanna follow my character?

SlipKnoT
11th September 2006, 8:40 PM
I'm ****** now.Who the hell had the idea of making the cacnea trainer (me) the bully?I'm really mad.Whoever did this...don't ever expect me to help you out EVER.

Canis Lupus
11th September 2006, 8:42 PM
Okay, I just Pm'ed darkpkmn fan1, and we decided to make an "ignored" group of friends. This will make the story line more interesting...

Night Avenger
11th September 2006, 8:56 PM
OK, Suicune, as I said at the RPG, forgive Alex, he didn't know a thing about your plan.

Also, you know what, classes are obligatory but you can go to the classroom whenever you want, note that you have to go to each of the classroom at least once a day! So, you're able to make your schedule more adjustable to your GMT time :D

squirtleking
11th September 2006, 9:04 PM
Yeah, what was I supposed to think - you were slaughtering anything that came within 20 feet of you! I'm sorry that I made out like you were a bully - my character just wants you to understand that pokemon aren't just there for us to wipe out as we please in the name of power.

I am sorry.

SlipKnoT
11th September 2006, 9:07 PM
Yeah, what was I supposed to think - you were slaughtering anything that came within 20 feet of you! I'm sorry that I made out like you were a bully - my character just wants you to understand that pokemon aren't just there for us to wipe out as we please in the name of power.

I am sorry.

I used absorb twice and a poison sting from a baby Cacnea.You call that slaughtering?I don't see how?I'll let it slide because I try to be nice and I like friends more then enemies, but don't try it again.

PokemonBreederChris
11th September 2006, 9:50 PM
Perhaps someone should do a summary each day of each person so no one gets to far behind

SlipKnoT
11th September 2006, 9:51 PM
Perhaps someone should do a summary each day of each person so no one gets to far behind

Good idea.I gotta go now to do homework.Will be back later.

ClowSui
11th September 2006, 10:00 PM
suicune - his point is that you are like battling obsessively - not that that's a bad thing. Now for your character that might be alright to him, but to others it might be considering like bullying Pokemon by constantly battling. however, his character only observed you battle once so i dunno why he'd think your a bully - regardless, try to be less rash about deciding things, both of you (no offense intended or anything).

summaries would be REALLY nice seeing as I have school from 7:30 - 2:30 (gmt -6), so i miss a lot

The Benmeister
11th September 2006, 10:24 PM
Indeed, I appear to miss a lot when I'm away, and I had to wake up early this morning just to make sure nothing major had happened (well, and to do my science homework, but...let's not get into that).

I'm liking my character development so far. Mudkip as an aspirational Pokemon, and he's got a crush. Awww. On a teacher. Ewww. But it's based on my actual life, so I'll think of the future of this scenario as things I would never dare do in real life :O

EDIT: I must say, PokemonBreederChris, I like the uniqueness of your roleplaying so far.

PokemonBreederChris
11th September 2006, 10:29 PM
I did a summary of those people so far.

Summary of First day:

Santiago: Was given a Hondour by Prof. Gary Oak. Caught using his own Luxury Ball instead of given Pokeball. Hondour devoured Santiago's Bedspread. Houndour was scolded. Hondour having a flashback of a rescue party and a cold night. Hondour created Chimney for Santiago. Hondour being a nocturnal pokemon was playful and active at night, wanted to go outside. Santiago, first said no, but later changed his mind. The two ventured outside, after "said Curfew." They ran from Security guard, finding a Battledom. Spent the rest of the night there.

Miriam: Inactive first day, did average student first stay at bording school/college type stuff. Got squirtle

Lexy: Went to island, obtained seel. Befriended seel, and gave it the name "Dewey." She went to dorm room, and met her neighbors, and her roomate Becca. Dewey her seel, has a crush on Becca. Helped a boy and his Swablu "Cloudy" find the Pokemon Center. Gave one of here four oran berries to the kid. Smiles went off. Went to river to have Dewey swim. She thought to herself in deep thought, when all of sudden Seaking attacked. Seaking was a territorial pokemon owned by an upperclassmen named Ren, "Kyorgre Rem" as her battle name. Rem battled with Lexy, ending with Seel as victor, but paralyzed. Seel was healed, and then Lexy, on her way back to the Dorm, tripped over the shiney bellsprout. She made it back, to find her roomates, doing nightly activites. Asked Becca about a tournament coming up. Waiting for reply.

Kassy: Obtained her Misdreavus, who impatiently introduced itself before Gary Oak did. Kassy witnessed a Shiny Bellsprout, and made it a goal to catch it. She went to room, and unpacked. Introduced self to Roomates, Becca and Mia. Nicknamed Misdreavus Mimi. Spotted bellsprout again, went to catch it, caught it, and when heading back to her roomates, the ball broke, and bellsprout escaped. She now only has four empty pokeballs. Went outside to relax for the day. She fell asleep under shade of tree. When asleep a curious Teddiursa poked her body and then jumped into her other pokeball, three left.

Mia: Got Togepi from Oak. Went to dorm, unpacked, met with roomate, Kassy. Later met with other's Becca and Lexy, was entertained by Lexy's seel, and told that her Male Togepi's name was "Lucky"

crystal-zephyr
11th September 2006, 10:39 PM
Kassy: Obtained her Misdreavus, who impatiently introduced itself before Gary Oak did. Kassy witnessed a Shiny Bellsprout, and made it a goal to catch it. She went to room, and unpacked. Introduced self to Roomates, Becca and Mia. Nicknamed Misdreavus Mimi. Spotted bellsprout again, went to catch it, caught it, and when heading back to her roomates, the ball broke, and bellsprout escaped. She now only has four empty pokeballs. Went outside to relax for the day. She fell asleep under shade of tree. When asleep a curious Teddiursa poked her body and then jumped into her other pokeball, three left.

Yeah that's right, the bellsprout is under control of Anabell until Kassy is good enough to no when a pokemon is captured or not. The Bellsprout was never fully captured because stuff got jammed in during the capture which prevented full capture.

Just incase nobody realised.

Night Avenger
11th September 2006, 10:59 PM
Oh, so that's what you meant by summaries! :D It would be cool but I don't have the time... so if anyone can make them, he/she is welcome!

The Benmeister
11th September 2006, 11:06 PM
I'm looking for someone (whether my character knows them or not) to bump into and have a friendly battle with tomorrow. I don't mind the outcome, and in fact I'd rather my guy lost but only after putting up a good fight.

Canis Lupus
11th September 2006, 11:10 PM
I'm looking for someone (whether my character knows them or not) to bump into and have a friendly battle with tomorrow. I don't mind the outcome, and in fact I'd rather my guy lost but only after putting up a good fight.

I"d do that, it'd do good to raise Joseph's spirits after the fight with the bully.

The Benmeister
11th September 2006, 11:14 PM
'tis good. Can't do it now, though, as here in England it's school tomorrow and I should be asleep now. I'll inform you when I can.

Leon Phelps
12th September 2006, 12:09 AM
:O My character's like an outcast. I only have time to post once or twice a day but I hope I leave some good ideas behind that some people can take advantage of.

I wouldn't mind doing summaries but it's pretty hard to stay current when people are posting 24/7.

SlipKnoT
12th September 2006, 12:20 AM
My character just got his nose broken.Fun.

Leon Phelps
12th September 2006, 12:24 AM
Suicune, can you please stop battling so much? It's really annoying and random. I'm sure the academy has rules about unorganized battles. If you're going to battle so much, at least describe and make it interesting. I have no freakin' idea what's going on because you just type the attack without giving a half decent discription. [/rant]

SlipKnoT
12th September 2006, 12:25 AM
Suicune, can you please stop battling so much? It's really annoying and random. I'm sure the academy has rules about unorganized battles. If you're going to battle so much, at least describe and make it interesting. I have no freakin' idea what's going on because you just type the attack without giving a half decent discription. [/rant]

I battled 2-3 times today...

Night Avenger
12th September 2006, 12:31 AM
Yes, people, some of you have developed anti-suicune defenses, he's changed OK?

SlipKnoT
12th September 2006, 12:38 AM

Thanks for ralizing.Every thing I did was planned.Even recently breaking my nose.It all happens for a reason.

Dragonite Trainer
12th September 2006, 12:40 AM

yeah i have to admit hes gotten better so give the guy a break.
And NA do we get more pokeballs for the johto region?

Hyuu
12th September 2006, 12:41 AM
I ummm... I just got back from school (a whole dang 11 hours -_-) and I'm sorta confused here. Okay, we have Contest teaching today by Drew, got that. Errr... Yeah, do I just jump in or what?

By the way, Night Avenger, my schedule is just sorta bouncy like that I stay in school 11 hours regularly and sometimes around 18 hours because I'm very involved in their activites (and it's band. They won't give us a break) so I hope you don't expect me to type up a lesson when it's nearly 12:30 during a game day.

Err... Yeah, so anyone mind filling me in entirely? Or am I spending the next 30 minutes reading posts :p

PokemonBreederChris
12th September 2006, 12:43 AM
SUicune, you don't understand Leon asked for you to be more descriptinve and such, also it is alittle unfair for your MAGBY, a BABY, to know FIREPUNCH, and MEGAPUNCH. So just weaken his attacks alittle, also can you be more descriptive? It is alittle confusing to read your posts. All you need to do is have more descriptive battles. Also PETA will be mad at you for making your pokemon battle too much. But PETA will bother the bully before you......lol......

PokemonBreederChris
12th September 2006, 12:47 AM
I ummm... I just got back from school (a whole dang 11 hours -_-) and I'm sorta confused here. Okay, we have Contest teaching today by Drew, got that. Errr... Yeah, do I just jump in or what?

By the way, Night Avenger, my schedule is just sorta bouncy like that I stay in school 11 hours regularly and sometimes around 18 hours because I'm very involved in their activites (and it's band. They won't give us a break) so I hope you don't expect me to type up a lesson when it's nearly 12:30 during a game day.

Err... Yeah, so anyone mind filling me in entirely? Or am I spending the next 30 minutes reading posts :p

Well, Sui and Lexy are developing a crush for each other. Torch did some battling, and broke her nose. Torch went to class and answered all the questions correctly (That arrogant cocky person! Grr, someon beat him up! Oh wait? The bully did, and it was all planned, never mind)

Hyuu
12th September 2006, 12:56 AM
Skimmed through a majority of the post. So, some of us are taking Battle classes in a simulation room and others are doing Coordination training, right?

SlipKnoT
12th September 2006, 12:57 AM
SUicune, you don't understand Leon asked for you to be more descriptinve and such, also it is alittle unfair for your MAGBY, a BABY, to know FIREPUNCH, and MEGAPUNCH. So just weaken his attacks alittle, also can you be more descriptive? It is alittle confusing to read your posts. All you need to do is have more descriptive battles. Also PETA will be mad at you for making your pokemon battle too much. But PETA will bother the bully before you......lol......

Megapunch is a egg move.I only battled to help the cocky ego.I only battled 2-4 time today.How does: "Use Absorb Thorn!" The attack hit and gathered HP for Thorn by taking it from -------, confuse you?

Well, Sui and Lexy are developing a crush for each other. Torch did some battling, and broke her nose. Torch went to class and answered all the questions correctly (That arrogant cocky person! Grr, someon beat him up! Oh wait? The bully did, and it was all planned, never mind)
Ok.I'm a guy:@.They weren't that hard.You're a bully if you want people to get beat up.

And you DPed.

PokemonBreederChris
12th September 2006, 1:18 AM
Suicune, I mispoke, I was thinking of my character when I said her, sorry, also this is what they mean by be more descritive and not straight forward.

You say, He broke my nose, so I went to the nurse, she said follow me, and after awhile I was fine. (Hello!? Noses don't heal that fast! I broke my nose before, I would know!)

You should be more like this:

I stumbled in pain, grasping my face in pain. My disfigured nose grew colors like a smeagle's tail. As I came across the Pokemon center and entered it. Nurse Joy gasped seeing what condition I was in. She was the human doctor as well and the pokemon's. She told me to close my eyes, so I did. She put her hand over my bleeding nose, and snapped it. The pain was horroble, I yelped out like a Mightyanna, as the straightened my nose. She then gave me a huge bandage to where. It was either being mocked for a week with a huge bandage, or mocked for a lifetime with a disfigured nose. After she gave me the bandage, she told me to rest and not do heavy battling for a week, so I could heal.

In realilty you can't just walk out fine from a broken nose, you are put out of comision for a week atleast, so that also means no school for the rest of today, and no battles for the rest of the week, so please be more realistic and descriptive.

Dragonite Trainer
12th September 2006, 1:20 AM
Skimmed through a majority of the post. So, some of us are taking Battle classes in a simulation room and others are doing Coordination training, right?

Yeah i waited until you got back before i started the team battle class so pm me when you start

SlipKnoT
12th September 2006, 1:34 AM
you are put out of comision for a week atleast, so that also means no school for the rest of today, and no battles for the rest of the week, so please be more realistic and descriptive.

I broke my nose so now I can't throw a ball and talk?WTF?You're description was pretty good though, gotta admit.Your the Emily of BAI.

PokemonBreederChris
12th September 2006, 1:37 AM
OK, not nessarily be out of commission but ya gotta take it alittle bit easy untill the cartalage reforms. I am not trying to flame, this is known as constructive critisism. The people are just annoyed you don't put any description into it, for how would we know how magby portrayed the ember?

SlipKnoT
12th September 2006, 1:39 AM
OK, not nessarily be out of commission but ya gotta take it alittle bit easy untill the cartalage reforms. I am not trying to flame, this is known as constructive critisism. The people are just annoyed you don't put any description into it, for how would we know how magby portrayed the ember?

Portray the ember?If nobody knows what ember looks like...I take my previous statement back.You're even worse then Em.*sigh*Get off my back.

PokemonBreederChris
12th September 2006, 1:41 AM
If you've watched the anime, each pokemon had a differant style of Ember, and they moved arround, they dodged techniques, with your posts, all I can see is a one sided pokemon GBC pokemon game.

SlipKnoT
12th September 2006, 1:48 AM
If you've watched the anime, each pokemon had a differant style of Ember, and they moved arround, they dodged techniques, with your posts, all I can see is a one sided pokemon GBC pokemon game.
*falls down like in anime*Why do you care so much about me!?!*coughEmcough*

PokemonBreederChris
12th September 2006, 1:54 AM
I don't care, I am nuetral, I am just trying to give you helpful hints so people don't keep complaining about you.

ClowSui
12th September 2006, 1:54 AM
dude no one knows who this "em" is, so stop calling chris em because he's a guy .

also - its important to describe regardless of whether people should know or not because it's appealing to people. description is what makes things interesting and brings images into peoples' minds - if no one had any form of description in writing, it'd be the same thing over and over, right?

Leon Phelps
12th September 2006, 1:56 AM
*falls down like in anime*Why do you care so much about me!?!*coughEmcough*
He doesn't. He's giving you constructive criticism so you won't annoy us with bare bones description, a Gary-Stu, and terribly short and irrelevant posts. He's just trying to help.

I suggest that you don't post anymore yet until you advance your story more or interact with a real character.

SlipKnoT
12th September 2006, 2:04 AM
dude no one knows who this "em" is, so stop calling chris em because he's a guy .

also - its important to describe regardless of whether people should know or not because it's appealing to people. description is what makes things interesting and brings images into peoples' minds - if no one had any form of description in writing, it'd be the same thing over and over, right?
http://www.serebiiforums.com/member.php?u=36595]
^Em, the person that annoys me in Team Magma.
Would you people stop bugging me, I can't post because you annoying people bug me so much.Give me chance.This is annoying.

He doesn't. He's giving you constructive criticism so you won't annoy us with bare bones description, a Gary-Stu, and terribly short and irrelevant posts. He's just trying to help.

I suggest that you don't post anymore yet until you advance your story more or interact with a real character
WTFs a "Gary-stu"?And I'll post if I want to.I've been here 2 DAYS and everybody hates me.*punches self*This already is bad.I'll post the way I want to.If I want to give 3 paragraphs on how a 6 second attack looks I will.Seriously GET OFF MY BACK.:@

PokemonBreederChris
12th September 2006, 2:10 AM
Fine, we will all just ignore you then, because illiterate posts make the story boring and thatway we loose more viewers. You can post all you want, but if you don't post to the MASSES' liking, then the people would not want to cooperate with you and just ignore you. No one hates you, we just want you to improve and stop complaining, we aren't on you back, we are just giving you alittle tap on the shoulder.

ClowSui
12th September 2006, 2:13 AM
again, we don't hate you - we're giving you constructive criticism.

a gary stu is someone who is a male mary-sue; look it up on dictionary.com or wikipedia or google for the definition.

SlipKnoT
12th September 2006, 2:15 AM
Fine, we will all just ignore you then, because illiterate posts make the story boring and thatway we loose more viewers. You can post all you want, but if you don't post to the MASSES' liking, then the people would not want to cooperate with you and just ignore you. No one hates you, we just want you to improve and stop complaining, we aren't on you back, we are just giving you alittle tap on the shoulder.
Good.I don't need critisizing.Illeterite means you can read and write properly or something like that, I can.Viewers?This is a TV show?It's a flipping pokemon RPG that was made to have fun.And your complaining about my battles.Have fun loosen up.Sign ups are closed, we can't attract more members.I'm complaining???And what's a Gary-Stu?

EDIT:Mary Sue (sometimes shortened simply to Sue) is a pejorative term for a fictional character who is portrayed in an idealized way and lacks noteworthy flaws, or has her flaws unreasonably romanticized. Characters labeled Mary Sues, as well as the stories they appear in, are generally seen as wish-fulfillment fantasies on the part of the author.

The term originated in criticism of fan fiction. It usually refers to characters created by the (fan) author of the work, but can also be used in reference to characters from the original canon source who are characterized in a way perceived as Sue-like. Many original characters in play-by-post gaming are also perceived as Mary Sues (or the male equivalent).

Mary Sue may be used to describe a character of any gender, but male Mary Sues may also be called "Marty Stus," "Murray Stus," "Gary Sues" or similar names. Authors of such characters (of either sex) are sometimes referred to as Suethors, a portmanteau of Sue and author.

While characters are generally not intentionally written to be Mary Sues, some authors create Mary Sues as a form of deliberate parody.

I'm still confused...

Leon Phelps
12th September 2006, 2:20 AM
While "Gary Stu" is a subjective term, there are nonetheless many traits commonly associated with the concept of the "Gary Stu". Characters labeled as a "Gary Stu" have what are seen as exaggerated and annoying (and sometimes impossible) levels of superiority, especially in comparison to the other characters, to real people in similar situations, or both.

SlipKnoT
12th September 2006, 2:23 AM
While "Gary Stu" is a subjective term, there are nonetheless many traits commonly associated with the concept of the "Gary Stu". Characters labeled as a "Gary Stu" have what are seen as exaggerated and annoying (and sometimes impossible) levels of superiority, especially in comparison to the other characters, to real people in similar situations, or both.
So here it would be like a...annoying, over powerfull cocky that outdos people and is hated by all.I was trying to be that so I...I woun't even explain it.It'll go in one ear and out the other like how I explained it 4 times.

Hyuu
12th September 2006, 2:42 AM
So here it would be like a...annoying, over powerfull cocky that outdos people and is hated by all.I was trying to be that so I...I woun't even explain it.It'll go in one ear and out the other like how I explained it 4 times.

A Mary-sue, or Gary-stu, or Marty-sue, or whatever you want to call it, is generally a character with little to no flaws, especially if the flaw isn't apparent. Or it's an incredibly FLAT character. Your character has no faults, an unrealistically perfect (somewhat dull) person. ("While Sasuke does learn things quickly, he's a little dull to teach."- Kakashi. Perfect people are dull in my opinion.)

Losing once isn't a fault. It's a run of bad luck or maybe meeting someone who's stronger or more experienced. It's not something that you or your character can really control. A fault is something that, because your character is not a perfect god, isn't all that great, whether it be a personality default (recklessness, greedy, jeleous easily, etc.) or just an odd quirk that you can't shake out. Your character is a little dull with no faults to overcome or anything of the sort.

Description brings more color to the RPG and generally makes it funner to read. That's why people are encouraging and suggesting you use them, cause they bring life to the RPG. Otherwise, it'd just be staring at something already dead... It's boring really easily. It's dull.

Well, there's my opinion. I don't want to start a flame war but that's my two-cents.

SlipKnoT
12th September 2006, 2:44 AM
A Mary-sue, or Gary-stu, or Marty-sue, or whatever you want to call it, is generally a character with little to no flaws, especially if the flaw isn't apparent. Or it's an incredibly FLAT character. Your character has no faults, an unrealistically perfect (somewhat dull) person. ("While Sasuke does learn things quickly, he's a little dull to teach."- Kakashi. Perfect people are dull in my opinion.)

Losing once isn't a fault. It's a run of bad luck or maybe meeting someone who's stronger or more experienced. It's not something that you or your character can really control. A fault is something that, because your character is not a perfect god, isn't all that great, whether it be a personality default (recklessness, greedy, jeleous easily, etc.) or just an odd quirk that you can't shake out. Your character is a little dull with no faults to overcome or anything of the sort.

Description brings more color to the RPG and generally makes it funner to read. That's why people are encouraging and suggesting you use them, cause they bring life to the RPG. Otherwise, it'd just be staring at something already dead... It's boring really easily. It's dull.

Well, there's my opinion. I don't want to start a flame war but that's my two-cents.

Now I understand perfectly!How's my latest battle?

PokemonBreederChris
12th September 2006, 2:49 AM
Your latest battle is descriptive, yeah, it is fine, but the only thing it lacks is personality which will be discussed later. You just ordering your pokemon to do attack gives no personality to you, so Cocky is till hard to see, but you made a huge improvement, and now it is somewhat easier to read.

Leon Phelps
12th September 2006, 2:50 AM
The description is much better than before but your character is strange. Try letting us know some of his thoughts and feelings so we can interact with him. Right now he just seems like some hollow shell.

We don't hate you. :D We're just trying to make this RPG as great as possible.

PokemonBreederChris
12th September 2006, 2:51 AM
As I said, personality, that is what defines your character

A story needs:

1. Colorful description
2. A Plot
3. Personality
4. An arguement
5. Color
6. Other I did not think of.

SlipKnoT
12th September 2006, 2:56 AM
As I said, personality, that is what defines your character

A story needs:

1. Colorful description
2. A Plot
3. Personality
4. An arguement
5. Color
6. Other I did not think of.
I'll work on it.

The description is much better than before but your character is strange. Try letting us know some of his thoughts and feelings so we can interact with him. Right now he just seems like some hollow shell.

We don't hate you. We're just trying to make this RPG as great as possible.
Thanks and ok.

Your latest battle is descriptive, yeah, it is fine, but the only thing it lacks is personality which will be discussed later. You just ordering your pokemon to do attack gives no personality to you, so Cocky is till hard to see, but you made a huge improvement, and now it is somewhat easier to read.
Thanks, I'm not cocky anymore that was a 1 day thing to start with and it apparently backfired.And thanks and I'll try to be even better!

But for now I'm tired.Night.

-S619

Hyuu
12th September 2006, 2:59 AM
Now I understand perfectly!How's my latest battle?

Your character's also a bit lacking in emotion and uniqueness. And I'm curious why he doesn't follow a regular human pysche where if you're ego was huge and suddenly pushed down, you'd be emo for a while or your confidence would be COMPLETELY shattered, maybe both and that's just the surface of mental pysche after losing suddenly. It's facing disappointment, accepting it, conquering it, you just don't bounce back up. Course, that's sorta generalizing, but you do have to go through the process of conquering disappointment and accepting defeat, a hard process indeed. If your character had lost more, than the defeat wouldn't be so shattering and instead might've been simply something to motivate you, since you would've already gone through the process... but your character hasn't yet.

And your Pokemon shouldn't be continously great at dodging. Even real-life pros screw up in what they specialize, so your Pokemon should get hit or at least face clamp situations every once and a while. It can be because of your trainer's carelessness, that's a fault. The battles better, though your Pokemon need more faults and maybe personality quirks. And some character insight of thought and feeling would be nice.

Well, it's getting better. One step at a time, eh?

ClowSui
12th September 2006, 3:04 AM
great job so far suicune; keep it up and add more internal thoughts and emotions - it's what fleshes out the character. and remember - don't be afraid to have your character make mistakes - it's what keeps them human.

Night Avenger
12th September 2006, 3:13 AM
I'm glad to see that you're helping him now... Ahh... Peace again...

EDIT: If you wanna know what pokemn I have look at my profile pic! I will update it when I catch or evolve a pokemon.

crystal-zephyr
12th September 2006, 7:40 AM
hehe, my character's got a perverted Teddiursa kinda ^_^; and a Misdreavus that is just normal so far. My characters main thing though is i'll wait until quite a few other people have a third/fourth pokemon then i'll get the Bellsprout if that's ok.

Canis Lupus
12th September 2006, 11:26 AM
People, sorry, I couldn't post my class this morning or yesterday... I'll get it up with today's class today though.

SlipKnoT
12th September 2006, 12:24 PM
great job so far suicune; keep it up and add more internal thoughts and emotions - it's what fleshes out the character. and remember - don't be afraid to have your character make mistakes - it's what keeps them human.

Thanks!How's my last battle?I need to know how the pros do it.

I'm glad to see that you're helping him now... Ahh... Peace again...

Yes. And on the topic of:MEW.This is on Faraway Island (was) so Mew has to be here like NA said.And it could be any pokemon because of it's transform ability.OOOOO

Russian May
12th September 2006, 2:14 PM
Oh, my! You're so fast! I've just came to see 4 more pages after my last post! Gosh, I'm running to type...

The Benmeister
12th September 2006, 3:39 PM
I'm curious, but can we have lessons whenever as long as we have at least one today?

Also, I dunno if I'm gonna participate in that 'bumping into battle'. Depends on how today's updates go.

SlipKnoT
12th September 2006, 9:16 PM
I'm curious, but can we have lessons whenever as long as we have at least one today?

Also, I dunno if I'm gonna participate in that 'bumping into battle'. Depends on how today's updates go.

We can have any classes any time as long as we have one a day.We have a feild trip to Johto on the weekend!I want to see what the pokemon there are.

The Benmeister
12th September 2006, 9:17 PM
Meh, I hope we go to Hoenn at some point. Although not anytime soon, rather far away. Then I shall finally get my Mudkip :P I will not catch anything else until I encounter one.

SlipKnoT
12th September 2006, 9:29 PM
Meh, I hope we go to Hoenn at some point. Although not anytime soon, rather far away. Then I shall finally get my Mudkip :P I will not catch anything else until I encounter one.

I have to catch something on Johto.That's one thing I must do on every field trip.That'll be my next capture.Mayby a Hoot-Hoot.I like Noctowl.

ClowSui
12th September 2006, 10:20 PM
lol; i'm far far away from a pro. lilypichu (the user Kairi) is a pro - she's the one i use for an example.

anyways, your latest battles and posts are quite good; try to add the same kind of "deeper" description you have with battling to your character.

The Benmeister
12th September 2006, 11:04 PM
Does anyone else recommend creating profiles somewhere?

That way, we know who the hell each other is and what they have done whilst at the academy.

Night Avenger
12th September 2006, 11:29 PM
Yeah, the profiles are a good idea, whatever, I'll just go and post :D

Dragonite Trainer
13th September 2006, 12:01 AM
DA i hope you allow exchange students if not ill edit but profiles would be nice insted of having to read everyones post

Leon Phelps
13th September 2006, 12:08 AM
What you could do is link everyone's sign-up in your first post. Only those who have posted in the RPG of course.

Whew, I just typed an hour long post and still have an essay do tommorow...

ClowSui
13th September 2006, 12:52 AM
we should just have a forum powered by invision or something and dump all of our profiles on there so that it's permanent and we don't lose all of our info.

SlipKnoT
13th September 2006, 1:22 AM
we should just have a forum powered by invision or something and dump all of our profiles on there so that it's permanent and we don't lose all of our info.

I can do that!

EDIT:I'll do it.be right back.

Hyuu
13th September 2006, 1:43 AM

I like the idea. And I guess it doesn't matter who sets up the account.

Dragonite Trainer
13th September 2006, 1:55 AM
yeah that sounds like a good idea

SlipKnoT
13th September 2006, 1:56 AM
Here is the board.Post profiles and talk about the RPG here.

Link removed

Advertising forums is against forum rules.

Leon Phelps
13th September 2006, 2:00 AM
Yo Suicune, I read your coordinating post and that was a pretty nice combo :)

Thanks for the forums too.

SlipKnoT
13th September 2006, 2:14 AM
Yo Suicune, I read your coordinating post and that was a pretty nice combo :)

Thanks for the forums too.

Thanks!Invisionfree isn't that hard and I run a few forums.All members I'll make mods and Admins.

Night Avenger
13th September 2006, 2:29 AM
Cool! I'll join! I'm adding this to the first post of the three threads!

SlipKnoT
13th September 2006, 2:30 AM
Cool! I'll join! I'm adding this to the first post of the three threads!

Just please give credit to me!j/k you don't have too.I g2g to bed so have fun!

The Benmeister
13th September 2006, 5:34 PM
I think I'm the only person with an evolved Pokemon now.

...so what if it's a Cascoon?

Yeah, I've taken the 'experimental' route and see how my chatacter copes to receiving a Dustox instead of a Beautifly. Pokedex = 3

squirtleking
13th September 2006, 7:16 PM
Erm, I don't suppose someone could give me a full explanation of the different classes/teachers/etc, because I'm getting utterly confused!

SlipKnoT
13th September 2006, 9:20 PM
Erm, I don't suppose someone could give me a full explanation of the different classes/teachers/etc, because I'm getting utterly confused!

Just go to a class, have the teacher say something.Mayby have a battle if it's battle class or a appeal if it's coordinating class, have the teacher give hw, and leave.

Leon Phelps
13th September 2006, 10:45 PM
Just go to a class, have the teacher say something.Mayby have a battle if it's battle class or a appeal if it's coordinating class, have the teacher give hw, and leave.
****** eyebrow* That isn't very interesting. Try to be creative. I've even given my Tactics teacher some character development between my character.

The Benmeister
13th September 2006, 10:58 PM
Indeed.

In fact, I'd say Drew and Anabel have been given too much character development by me. Meh.

Also, vary what you do in the lessons. You wouldn't go straight into a battle or appeal all the time - you need to practive moves etc., just like if you were training for football, you'd try different tactics and moves first before you play a game.

SlipKnoT
14th September 2006, 1:09 AM
****** eyebrow* That isn't very interesting. Try to be creative. I've even given my Tactics teacher some character development between my character.

I didn't mean do exactly that, add things to that.But make sure to at least do that.Just do add-ons.

Canis Lupus
14th September 2006, 9:57 PM
*sigh* I'm afraid I can't post today, I am ticked off at my friends, and don't feel like writing..

PokemonBreederChris
15th September 2006, 1:24 AM
I was being sarcastic when I did the order, but now everyone is taking that to heart. Bases on Experiance, ther order would be more like this:

1st: Sui
2nd: lexy
3rd: Other

But that is based of of experiance, and dominant classes, Sui and Lexy are the only ones taking coordination by heart.

PokemonBreederChris
15th September 2006, 1:26 AM
I was being sarcastic when I did the order, but now everyone is taking that to heart. Bases on Experiance, ther order would be more like this:

1st: Sui
2nd: lexy
3rd: Other

But that is based of of experiance, and dominant classes, Sui and Lexy are the only ones taking coordination by heart.

SlipKnoT
15th September 2006, 2:31 AM
I will win, Sui or Lexy will come in 2nd, and NA and Lexy or Sui will come in third.

ClowSui
15th September 2006, 3:07 AM
hang on hang on.

Sui's been training for like six years. So Torch, who just learned how to appeal like this year (unless your history states otherwise; can't change it now), is supposed to win over someone who's put years of work ahead of him? I don't understand, and I refuse to stand for it.

SlipKnoT
15th September 2006, 12:11 PM
It was said in a post I had became the 2nd best freshmen their.This is the best time for my Thorn(Cacnea) too evolve.If I don't win here then I'll evolve it during...a rival battle or something.But whatever.

squirtleking
15th September 2006, 12:31 PM
I'm really sorry, but I think I might have to leave the RPG. I hate having to do this, but I feel that both myself and my character are being left in the dust by everyone else. I don't mean I'm being ignored (though technically I am), it's just that you all seem to be racing away doing loads of classes and battles, whereas I don't have the luxury of constant access throughout the day to keep up.

Again, I'm really sorry.

The Benmeister
15th September 2006, 3:56 PM
So, despite me basing my character ENTIRELY round contests, having Drew as my idol, giving my Pokemon contest categories and training all the time for contests makes me one of 'other'?

I'm sorry, but this RPG is seriously flawed.

I'm not trying to force my way up the list, I'm just wondering why you're making baseless assumptions upon everything.

PokemonBreederChris
15th September 2006, 4:02 PM
;026; Ok the list I used, was sarcastic at first, I did not fully read your character, and our posting times were way differant, so I could not be ensync with you since I was not connected to you. I did a math equation making the results as Sui second place, and the other team winning, but I can rework the equation.

Edit: Did equation

first place: Sui (score arround 79-86)(Not a master at contests yet)

second place: Other team/Lexy (Score arround 73-79)

Third place: Ben (Score arround 65-72)

Fourth: Other team/Other Team/Suicune (Score arround 55-64)

Fithplace: Night Avenger (Score arround 50-55)

The Benmeister
15th September 2006, 4:07 PM
Cool, how did you come to that conclusion? I wouldn't be suprised if levels were involved - mine suck.

On another note, can't wait till tomorrow's field trip. If I'm able to post, that is.

Canis Lupus
15th September 2006, 8:47 PM
*sigh* I am afraid I'm going to have to leave the RPG. I just can't keep up y'know? Sorry!

SlipKnoT
15th September 2006, 9:06 PM
Wait, I went from 1st to 4th?*sigh* I guess the second best thig was a lie too.And goodbye to all the people leaving, I can't blame you...

PokemonBreederChris
15th September 2006, 10:19 PM
First of all, It is known as Sarcasm. I used Sarcasm the first time, I didn't know you would take me seriousely. I did the equation five times, and this actually was the highest rank you got, Sui made 1st place twice, and Lexy only made third place. Ben was not on the list for 3 of the 5 times, I made the opposing team make competition. Plus Suicune your pokemon have NO pokeblocks, while Sui's, and Ben's do, I fed my pokeblocks to Seel the second day.

The Benmeister
15th September 2006, 10:23 PM
Leaving really doesn't help. As you know many people are participating in this RPG, and we all need to combine efforts to keep it up and running. By quitting you are esentially packing in due to lack of spirit in keeping the RPG alive.

SlipKnoT
15th September 2006, 11:02 PM
First of all, It is known as Sarcasm. I used Sarcasm the first time, I didn't know you would take me seriousely. I did the equation five times, and this actually was the highest rank you got, Sui made 1st place twice, and Lexy only made third place. Ben was not on the list for 3 of the 5 times, I made the opposing team make competition. Plus Suicune your pokemon have NO pokeblocks, while Sui's, and Ben's do, I fed my pokeblocks to Seel the second day.
Maby I haven't fed them pokebloks yet but I can still make a good appeal.Ben apparently really loves co-ordinating, give him a chance.And I thought I could believe what you said, but apparently not.And they're quiting, there not being sarcastic.But that's all you ever do.

Hyuu
16th September 2006, 12:54 AM
Guys, even if your character are devoted to contests, I wouldn't be surprised if say you accidentally tripped during the appeals. Stats is one thing, but there are other factors among those. *Shrug* But it's basically anyone's game.

But if this arguement keeps up, how about we have judges (as in us RPers) for the appeal, giving detailed reason about why one post is better than another. It's more constructive critism for some and, long as we have neutral fellows, if we judge than there's little to argue about. If you don't win because you're not nessacarily better at posting than others, than that's initiative to start looking at the thesaruos more and find better descripting words, work on flow, etc. *shrug* A suggestion.

PokemonBreederChris
16th September 2006, 1:12 AM
Suicune, look, I shouldn't of included you in the contest then, for YOU ALWAYS WIN! Alright? Look at everyone elts record. I am not saying this to be mean, I just am giving other's a chance. And Hyuu, I did the equation in all fairness, I did factor in mistakes and such, but you are right, Night Avenger should decide even though a few of us would disagree with that.

Hyuu
16th September 2006, 1:20 AM
Suicune, look, I shouldn't of included you in the contest then, for YOU ALWAYS WIN! Alright? Look at everyone elts record. I am not saying this to be mean, I just am giving other's a chance. And Hyuu, I did the equation in all fairness, I did factor in mistakes and such, but you are right, Night Avenger should decide even though a few of us would disagree with that.

I'm an eigth grader :p Don't scorch my brain with math, please no xD

*shrug* I'm in eigth grade, starting graphs in algebra. You think I understand how you factor in mistakes :p I was thinking of just having official judges for this contest who give out scores. Elements of surprises, plus that means no dispute about who wins because judges will give depth reports about why one seems better than the others. Plus, people who win can pride themselves and the people who don't get first can work to improve. But if you like equations, go for it. Lol, just a thought.

SlipKnoT
16th September 2006, 2:24 AM

Whatever, I'll come in 4th or whatever, but please....no math.I don't like math.

Leon Phelps
16th September 2006, 3:11 AM
I don't think I'll be able to be apart of this anymore. I planned my character and a nice subplot out but you guys move way too fast and post A LOT and I just can't keep up. Yea, I'm in high school.

Good luck to you all. If you need help, suggestions, or a subplot idea then PM me. I should have time to work behind the scenes.

SlipKnoT
16th September 2006, 3:16 AM
Jeez.Bye Leon.
On topic:Can I battle that Nidorino?I want to help!

PokemonBreederChris
16th September 2006, 3:32 AM
SUicune Wait!, Also Leon, we can slow down for you if you want.

Suicune if you do battle it you will loose very fast, it is that powerful, NA though.....He will win because NA will be Gary.

Leon Phelps
16th September 2006, 3:34 AM
No, that's alright. I'll just be some side character without taking up too much space.

Night Avenger
16th September 2006, 3:53 AM
I made my Elekid's father fight the newly evolved Nidoking. Cool battle :D

SlipKnoT
16th September 2006, 3:53 AM
I think I'll leave the pros to get the Nidorino...

darkpkmn fan1
16th September 2006, 11:02 AM
I am quitting this RPG. It is just too chaotic. I am basically ignored and i hope this RPG dies. Peace Out.

SlipKnoT
16th September 2006, 1:50 PM
Thanks.[sarcasm]
THE FIELD TRIP IS STARTING!THE LIST OF PEOPLE GOING ON THE FIELD TRIP IS IN MY LAST POST.

PokemonBreederChris
16th September 2006, 3:19 PM
If suicune is impatient and decides to throw the Bus into action, then please just use Flashback posts, or earlier that day posts.

Hyuu
16th September 2006, 3:45 PM
Might as well post the list here next time. It's goign to get buried by posts after all.

OOC:So NA, what happens with the starters?That we get?
THE LIST OF PEOPLE GOING ON THE FIELD TRIP:
Andydemon
clowsui
Dragonite Trainer
Hyuu
JirachiandLucario
Marcador31
Night Avenger
PokemonBreederChris
robynblc
Russian May
Suicune619
The Benmeister

Before anyone starts flaming or anything, this was decided by who signed up to the board. If you have a problem with our decision, should've signed up to the board -_- Anyway, join the board!

Another rather important thing that hasn't been transfered here. There is a council now, a group of co-owners basically. They are Clowsui, PokemonBreederChris, Suicune619, The Benmeister, and Hyuu (Me.)

crystal-zephyr
16th September 2006, 5:06 PM
Whilst the peoples characters go to Johto, what do the other do?

Hyuu
16th September 2006, 5:24 PM
Whilst the peoples characters go to Johto, what do the other do?

The usual? Classes, training, etc. People going on the trip might want to post Johto in bold at the top of their post so we don't get confused with the people still at the academy.

SlipKnoT
16th September 2006, 6:07 PM
The ship has set sail.And all that missed it, do what you'd usually do.

PokemonBreederChris
16th September 2006, 6:34 PM
No, Suicune, they could of been on the boat, but they don't have record of being on it. They can be like Flashback, about how they rushed onto the boat

SlipKnoT
16th September 2006, 6:37 PM
I meant the people not meant to come.

EDIT:
I have to address this:

Russian may, I am sorry, Suicune doesn't bellieve in slowing down, he thinks RPGing is a kiddy game, he banned me from our discussion forum because he is an immature brat, but he is not participating in this RPG anymore, so everyone can ignore him.......Untill he grows up. I have been trying to slow this down Russian May, I got it to the point back to Bugsy, but that was the best I could do. ALl posts by Suicune are requested to be ignored untill he changes his additude
1)I wanted to slow down, I said that already but we continued, I deleted posts and refit them to make them work, I'm not the only poster.
2)I banned you because you were swearing and insulting me in the cbox, the rules apply in the cbox too.I banned you so you'd have time to cool of, then you banned me.That was the second time you banned me but I don't complain.I'm not a immature brat, you're more immature then I've ever seen anybody be in the cbox on the discussion forum.
3)I'm participating, I just have writer's block.
4)You did go back, and so did I, I helped beat the Zubats with you.You can't just ignore my posts because that will mess up the posting pattern and confuse people.

PokemonBreederChris
17th September 2006, 9:25 PM
Does anyone elts notice that the forum for this discussion thread is not working? well it isn't working for me.... how about any of you?

PokemonBreederChris
17th September 2006, 9:29 PM
I meant the people not meant to come.

EDIT:
I have to address this:

1)I wanted to slow down, I said that already but we continued, I deleted posts and refit them to make them work, I'm not the only poster.
2)I banned you because you were swearing and insulting me in the cbox, the rules apply in the cbox too.I banned you so you'd have time to cool of, then you banned me.That was the second time you banned me but I don't complain.I'm not a immature brat, you're more immature then I've ever seen anybody be in the cbox on the discussion forum.
3)I'm participating, I just have writer's block.
4)You did go back, and so did I, I helped beat the Zubats with you.You can't just ignore my posts because that will mess up the posting pattern and confuse people.

Woah! Calm down Suicune, I did not swear at you, and only banned you once......because you banned me. Anyway I said that before that incident, and I meant the posts that were out of story that were yours. Not ALL your posts. I know it isn't Just you, but you were majorly involved, so you aren't completely innocent, neither am I, so don't point the blame anywhere, I was also being sarcastic. I know it is hard to read things that are sarcastic, but it takes quite effort. That SUicune does not beleive in slowing down was sarcastic. Another thing is, if you want to complain to me do it PM wise, don't get other people involved.

ClowSui
18th September 2006, 2:49 AM
http://battleacademy.19.forumer.com/index.php

come one, come all to a new forum! i hope you won't be too annoyed that you'll have to port info ^^;;

SlipKnoT
18th September 2006, 2:59 AM

come one, come all to a new forum! i hope you won't be too annoyed that you'll have to port info ^^;;

We do have one, but that surpase my forum in every was.Better skin,...better skin.I'll definitly join.And do you have a section where those 3 Council members(nd you) can see our posts so we have permission from you?It looks cool.Beats mine.The threads can be remade.But it'll take a while.

Hyuu
18th September 2006, 5:39 AM

Quoting again. Just because the board pwnz.

Anyways, I just wanted to close the day off saying we HAVE NOT left Goldenrod, which is the exact way we start =D I think we're making some progress with this slowing down operation. So, all those inactive because it's going too fast... COME BACK! We're implementing things to insure posts will take longer to write and such so it'll slow down... SO COME BACK! xD

Also, I think at the end of the day, someone should post how it ends off. So, we're still in Goldenrod, at Whitney's Gym/Ranch. Yup, so, g'night people!

The Benmeister
18th September 2006, 3:45 PM
Where the hell does everyone live?

Living in England sure messes with my time plan.

darkpkmn fan1
18th September 2006, 4:07 PM
I hope no one minds me saying this, but you turned a simple RPG into a technical heap of crap.

SlipKnoT
18th September 2006, 8:49 PM
I hope no one minds me saying this, but you turned a simple RPG into a technical heap of crap.
If you aren't a member, and don't like this don't post.But he has a point of how what was made for fun is now a RPG that is made and has to be perfect, everything is monitored.I can't post, I shouldn't have to show you my post before I can make it.You don't own this forum, your not a mod.I just don't get it.No offense.I think you'll make a great leader.

Pokenatic92
19th September 2006, 9:57 PM
guys, can we please forget this whole thing. make a compromise that will suit both parties (holy mother i just said smething smart lol) Can someone please post, mine was last post and im not gonna post back to back

The Benmeister
19th September 2006, 10:57 PM
Man, you're all quite immature. On both sides of the argument. It's a friggin RPG on a Pokemon forum, and I don't know about you but I just came here to post whatever the hell I want that went along with the RPG rules. Is being slightly inexperienced at RPGing too annoying for the elitist posters? Because if you can't ignore that, you really do suck.

You all seem to be forgetting that Night Avenger was the one who created the RPG, and if you can't cope with the 'many hardships' that come with posting in an RPG then just leave. IT'S AN RPG ON A POKEMON FORUM. If this scenario bothers you all that much, I advise you to take a breath of fresh air and do something constructive.

Pokenatic92
20th September 2006, 12:27 AM
^finnaly someone posted what i was too lazy to post

ashes
20th September 2006, 12:57 AM
Exactly, I mean seriously, do we NEED all the fighting? Come to a compromise please! I hate when people fight!

PokemonBreederChris
20th September 2006, 4:24 PM
I am sorry for those immature and that do not accept mine, and my colleagues' decisions; but you can't control other people's thoughts, only influence them. Sadly, some members have influence our thoughts negatively. I remained nuetral, I was never going to quit, but after all the constructive critism I gave to save someone from killing the RPG, I was shot down, time and again. I know this is for fun, but one must think of everyone at the cost of his/her maximum fun. Bad posts aren't fun to read, and are really annoying. Like a source said on the sign up sheet, this RPG was mainly making one character the superior, instead of making it equal for everyone. My predictions were correct, since no one considered other's feelings, this RPG erroded away, there is still chance to save it before it fully dies though. Our fearless leader lacks many of the Leadership qualities of a good RPG manager. One must be strict to his/her members to keep it in order, instead favoritism was created, due to past connections.

Many members in the beginning quit due to certain players, and how they went arround, some would say abusing their pokemon. Another thing is that the leader was to into appeasement, and passive, never got a single point accross. That leader should of not thought about what others might think about him/her, but should of thought of the good of the RPG. That brings another point. The Timing of an RPG, dies if it is in unison with the real time. Not every one's schedule connects with each other. We have one player from Russia that plays, Russia has a completely differant, almost 12 hour time zone differance then USA, where most of the players are. Also with real school coming it, schedules have lessened freetime two fold. RPGs should be medium to slow paced, and never unison with real time. If you are use to posting night, when night, then don't post a night setting untill night.

Also plots have been poorly thought of and constructed, as well as participated. The field trip idea has died, personally, no one could do all that in two days, that is mostly like a week to two week trip, not two days.

I would like to stay, but I am forced to quit due to certain players, and their lack to making this RPG enjoyable, I can careless about writing levels, but the player must write atleast a 10 minute post, and not something thought of in 5 seconds. Thoughts should be planned out on papper before introduced. Otherwise the RPG will lean alittle towards collapsing.

I said my peice, now NA, read this quote:

I have another suggestion.

Don't do favoritism!

In an RPG I was in a long time ago, there were two different teams that coexisted. The creator of the RPG led one of the teams. His team defeated the Normal type Gym Leader, who gave out the winners eggs, supposedly containing Normal type Pokémon.
Meanwhile, the group I was in met and defeated the same Gym Leader? What was our prize? Each of our team members got just a elemental stone of our choice.
Shortly after, the teams reunited. And, strangely enough, the leader of the RPG's egg suddenly began hatching! And out popped...a Bagon.

Don't give yourself or your allies rediculous favors like this. Doing this will cheapen the RPG and make the other players resent you.

The Benmeister
20th September 2006, 4:39 PM
If you can care less about writing levels, why not, instead of just abandoning it to royal hell, aid in making it better? Since, y'know, you've stated yourself that this can be saved.

One thing I would like to point out, however, is that most sign ups require an RP sample. This one did not, and that might be what has buggered up this RPG.

Pokenatic92
20th September 2006, 11:05 PM
i have one compromise

no one quits ok. how about we forget about this and we start a new. new sign up sheet, new starters, new everythign except the plot. NA and others will have to put more thought into our field trips, i seriously dont want this to die so take what i posted into consideration and ask for an rp sample when signing up and keep the minimum to 10-13 members

SlipKnoT
21st September 2006, 2:28 AM
i have one compromise

no one quits ok. how about we forget about this and we start a new. new sign up sheet, new starters, new everythign except the plot. NA and others will have to put more thought into our field trips, i seriously dont want this to die so take what i posted into consideration and ask for an rp sample when signing up and keep the minimum to 10-13 members

I don't think so, why restart this far in?

Diana_girl
21st September 2006, 2:43 AM
I was wondering, what's happening in the RPG? Sorry, I was away for a looooong time....sorry....

PokemonBreederChris
21st September 2006, 2:59 AM
What happened?

Well a majority of members, Hyuu, Clowsui, and I being the major ones, were finally fed up with Suicune, whom did not change his ways of posting, and then asked NA, whom could not make an exact straight decision about the situation, but he pretty much fueled the conflict more. Many players quit because of this, and that NA would not allow other people's time management.

Also, I think we should restart this RPG, someone make a new one, if NA is not on in the next two days. It went to chaotic, and some of us (suicune) should get a restart.

Also, STARTERS can't have egg moves, alright, that is just cheap. So your starter will not have any egg moves, and it will be at level 5 like the rest of them. The leveling process must be reasonable too.

SlipKnoT
21st September 2006, 3:07 AM
What happened?

Well a majority of members, Hyuu, Clowsui, and I being the major ones, were finally fed up with Suicune, whom did not change his ways of posting, and then asked NA, whom could not make an exact straight decision about the situation, but he pretty much fueled the conflict more. Many players quit because of this, and that NA would not allow other people's time management.

Also, I think we should restart this RPG, someone make a new one, if NA is not on in the next two days. It went to chaotic, and some of us (suicune) should get a restart.

Also, STARTERS can't have egg moves, alright, that is just cheap. So your starter will not have any egg moves, and it will be at level 5 like the rest of them. The leveling process must be reasonable too.

You mean that my pokemon that I've trained for weeks that were just gonna evolve are back to the start?And you're lways pointing at me, it's annoying.

ClowSui
21st September 2006, 3:10 AM
half the time you spent "training" was mindless posting without a thought for realism. you're our target because you are the prime example of inadequate posting. however, if you want me to make other examples i could say jirachiandlucairo, robynlclark(sp?) and ashes.

Pokenatic92
21st September 2006, 3:11 AM
What happened?

yes i think we should restart but have clowdui,or you create it with NA permission. make different starters for everyone. and give classes to people and not let them choose.

Hyuu
21st September 2006, 3:25 AM
You mean that my pokemon that I've trained for weeks that were just gonna evolve are back to the start?And you're lways pointing at me, it's annoying.

This debate has become entirely redundant and I don't think either side will budge. *Sigh* Well, mind me a bit as I restate what I continually say (my prose has changed or I'm in formal mode right now o_O)

Your "training" consisted of very short, not very well described battles that are a consistent annoyance to read, probably put together within five minutes. Spending more time on the post, nitpicking for description, and overall showing us a stride for improvement would've gotten you somewhere with our compromise... But that hasn't happened. You only lose when we tell you you have to, to better round out the levels of the participants, which is also annoying to do. Arguing with you and you arguing with us also seems to be carrying us no where.

I'd willing to compromise with a restart. Of course with a few changes, but I'd be willing to participate in a restart. Yeah, discussing the idea is in order.

PokemonBreederChris
21st September 2006, 3:31 AM
Ok, NA has given Clowsui, and I permition to restart the RPG, we are all getting the same pokemon, but new rules will be instated, thankyou all, also repost your sign up, existant users will be allowed in.

Also there is a three warning system if a player gets three warnings he/she will be temporarely not allowed to participate in RPG

The Benmeister
21st September 2006, 7:13 AM
Meh, with all this commotion, I don't think I'm going to return. I came here because this sounded like a bit of fun but instead its degenerated to this, which won't be easy to put behind us. Don't be suprised if I don't come back.

SlipKnoT
21st September 2006, 12:07 PM
This debate has become entirely redundant and I don't think either side will budge. *Sigh* Well, mind me a bit as I restate what I continually say (my prose has changed or I'm in formal mode right now o_O)

Your "training" consisted of very short, not very well described battles that are a consistent annoyance to read, probably put together within five minutes. Spending more time on the post, nitpicking for description, and overall showing us a stride for improvement would've gotten you somewhere with our compromise... But that hasn't happened. You only lose when we tell you you have to, to better round out the levels of the participants, which is also annoying to do. Arguing with you and you arguing with us also seems to be carrying us no where.

I'd willing to compromise with a restart. Of course with a few changes, but I'd be willing to participate in a restart. Yeah, discussing the idea is in order.
How better can you desribe a 5 second ember then: A white and red stream of flames shot like a cannon from Blaze's mouth and went flying straight at the oppponent.

I hate cliff-hangers and I just went out on one.

PokemonBreederChris
21st September 2006, 12:32 PM
OOOC: For one thing suicune, you should make 50% less battle posts, for another thing I will give an example, which I thought of in five minutes, versus what you thought of.

The heavy winds of the Gust attack stuck Blaze hard, he could barely stand. Blaze was angery, fire lit in his eyes. As the pidgey dived towards Blaze, with a shining peak, Blaze braced himself and spat out flaming embers. A wild fire of flamboyant flames danced out of Blaze's mouth, brushing against Pidgey as the two forces came into contact. Pidgey was overthrown by the small ember attack, forcing it to retreat to higher ground.

(That took two minutes :p)

A battle is not just about one of the sides, and you also have to talk about the feelings, the maneuvers, not just the moves, how it overpowered the enemy, and how you won

SlipKnoT
23rd September 2006, 1:10 AM
Well, the new RPG has started, Magby was cool but that's come and gone, and new time is now, I start with a Sneasle!It's my perfect match!A dark pokemon, powerfull, deadly, like me!Can't wait to post

PokemonBreederChris
23rd September 2006, 2:04 AM
sneasle are weak but fast, you would of origonally gotten a shuckle, but being kind as I am, I am giving you one last chance, do not blow it suicune.

SlipKnoT
23rd September 2006, 4:39 PM
sneasle are weak but fast, you would of origonally gotten a shuckle, but being kind as I am, I am giving you one last chance, do not blow it suicune.
Let me show you the stats of your normal un-touched by nature Sneasle.

HP:50%
ATTACK:75%
SA:25%
SPEED:100%
DEFENSE:50%
SD:50%

Not a weak pokemon my friend, it's SA leaves something to be worked on but look at ATTACK, and I can only think of Weaville.But that'll be in a month or so.And...a Shuckle?Harsh my friend, but I could deal.Turtle like pokemon are awesome.

PokemonBreederChris
23rd September 2006, 5:09 PM
Hp 50,

proved my point, low hp...

Also, Sneasle are good at close range attacks, so as long as your sneasle fights non long range pokemon it might be fine, but if your record is reduclus like last time, you are out.

The Doctor
23rd September 2006, 5:40 PM
I'll take the Sneasel any day other a Snubbull...I've never really liked 'em, and how does it fit with Cain's character, exactly? Night Avenger got it right; obsessed with the dark, and cold-mannered; Sneasel fit the bill.

PokemonBreederChris
23rd September 2006, 5:46 PM
Well I listed 5 choices relating to you to NA, and NA told me that Snubell would be best for you, but he also admittingly told me he chose the coolest, in his oppion, for the choices, I some how knew you would not like Snubell, but you can catch another pokemon,....and stuff....

~Alexis Laistenna~
23rd September 2006, 7:39 PM
What were the choices of Pokemon for Valentine apart from Cubone? Just wanted to know what others I could have gotten.

PokemonBreederChris
23rd September 2006, 7:45 PM
Chimeco, spoink, spinda, and teddiursa....I think.

I know you might want some of these, but you can always recatch one.

GoldenHouou
23rd September 2006, 7:55 PM
Slowpoke... Hmm, very interesting. *Imagines a Slowpoke being given to Zandra* xD (Yes, that was a good "XD", not a bad one)

Oh, I'd also like to know what would've the other choices been?

Also, will I create a NPC to give it to her, or will the professor give it? Just so I know whetre to post or not. It wouldn't be nice if both would do the same.

PokemonBreederChris
23rd September 2006, 7:57 PM
you were recently discussed between Hyuu, Clowsui, and I

we would of either given you a Mankey, Psyduck, or Slowpoke.

Russian May
23rd September 2006, 8:02 PM
Hmm, I also wonder, what other Pokemon could be my starters? Anyway, I'm still happy with Togepi!