PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else think the new cards (GX) stink?

Kyrix
8th September 2006, 2:54 AM
I've been a very competitive YU-GI-OH player when it first came out. I have been collecting them forever. But now I only use the old cards because from my preference the new ones stink! Does anyone else see the new card stinking? Please explain why.

FireKero!
8th September 2006, 3:03 AM
The reason why the new cards aren't being made with such great effects compared to the older cards is because Konami is afraid to make another 'Invasion of Chaos" set.

Just look at CDIP and Strike of Neos. I'm sure after Strike of Neos (or mabye IN Strike of Neos) Konami will revert to back making game-breaking cards that are run be everyone. Personally, I hope they do it for....a format, then ban nearly every worthwhile card in the set. It'll keep the players happy. :D

EmbersBackUpSinger
8th September 2006, 3:06 AM
Yes. Season one was awesome but Two has sucked. And yes now the cards suck. I have just Clapooeied my cards but they shoulda stuck with Yugi.

Kyrix
8th September 2006, 3:08 AM
The reason why the new cards aren't being made with such great effects compared to the older cards is because Konami is afraid to make another 'Invasion of Chaos" set.

Just look at CDIP and Strike of Neos. I'm sure after Strike of Neos (or mabye IN Strike of Neos) Konami will revert to back making game-breaking cards that are run be everyone. Personally, I hope they do it for....a format, then ban nearly every worthwhile card in the set. It'll keep the players happy. :D

Oh... I haven't really been keeping up with Konami.... I just have an all insect deck with no banned cards that acctualy schools all decks I face in tournaments in town! (BTW the newest cards in there are the ultimate insect cards (1-7)

mew maniac
8th September 2006, 4:29 PM
i think the newer cards are better. seriously flame wingman and phoenix enforcer are awesome

Mikau
8th September 2006, 6:17 PM
I like almost all of the cards that have been released so far. I really don't care what they do or what they are. But personally I like the new cards a little better then the old cards. The old cards that I really like are just about every dragon type card that has been released so far.

The Requiem
8th September 2006, 9:21 PM

Seconded. Wow I agree with this guy on sometyhing. If they werent so afraid of making another IOC then the sets would sell. I mean, theres no reason to buy CDIP, when there are only like 2 playable cards in it. (I'm talking about Descending Horn and Justibreak. I think its descending horn. SOME kinda horn. The negro horn of heaven. Thats it.)

WheelerTheViper
10th September 2006, 5:59 AM
Personally, I think all of the GX cards look retarded, are weak, and the strong cards are not worth buying millions of packs for.

The first season's cords look cool, even have usefull commons, and are worth buying.

I like the GX anime though.

Judai Yuki
10th September 2006, 6:28 AM
Personally, I think all of the GX cards look retarded, are weak, and the strong cards are not worth buying millions of packs for.

The first season's cords look cool, even have usefull commons, and are worth buying.

I like the GX anime though.
Hmm Mirror Force is retarded?Ring?Graceful?Return?

-Judai

Alex219
10th September 2006, 6:29 AM
I like the old card cuz most were egyption like...
I Like Egyption Zombies like
Spirit of the Pharao

The Requiem
10th September 2006, 7:27 AM

-Judai

None of those came out in the GX series man.

Aquadon
10th September 2006, 5:14 PM
I might be the only one who loves these cards. I mean, I can find SO many decktypes to make here, whether it be Cyber Dragon, E-Hero, Armed Dragon, Roids, or Dinos. However, there are a few decks I could do without.

WheelerTheViper
10th September 2006, 6:21 PM

-Judai

Um, no. I said I didn't like the GX cards, not the orignal series.

Is Armed Dragon considered a GX card? He's actually pretty good.

Aquadon
10th September 2006, 6:39 PM
Is Armed Dragon considered a GX card? He's actually pretty good.

I consider him one, seeing how Manjyome San-Da used him.

The Requiem
10th September 2006, 6:45 PM
I dont, seeing as how it was released WAY before the GX series came out...

Aquadon
10th September 2006, 6:52 PM
I dont, seeing as how it was released WAY before the GX series came out...

Well, would you consider the Ojamas, a VERY important deck in GX, to be GX cards? I would.

I consider GX cards to be cards that were used in GX, but not staples (Graceful Charity, PoG, Mirror Force, etc.)

Judai Yuki
10th September 2006, 7:16 PM
Yes, Cyber Dragon sucks.

-Judai

The Requiem
10th September 2006, 7:29 PM
Yes, Cyber Dragon sucks.

Man I hope that was sarcasm. I mean its not all its cracked up to be but damn. lol.

Only thing ojama that I consider GX is Ojamagic and Ojamuscle.

Judai Yuki
10th September 2006, 7:49 PM
Yes, it was sarcasm.:D

-Judai

The Requiem
10th September 2006, 9:06 PM
Ok I feel better now. lol

Aquadon
10th September 2006, 11:02 PM
Man I hope that was sarcasm. I mean its not all its cracked up to be but damn. lol.

Only thing ojama that I consider GX is Ojamagic and Ojamuscle.

Really? Hmm. I would consider most of those cards in that deck a GX card. Oh well.

Overall, I like the cards that appear in GX. How's that?

Judai Yuki
10th September 2006, 11:32 PM
Just because they aren't all CC, doesn't mean they are horrible.

-Judai

Mikau
11th September 2006, 1:08 AM
Just because they aren't all CC, doesn't mean they are horrible.

-Judai

I completly agree with that. GX cards do NOT suck. They have their ups and downs. I do dislike some of them though, but not all of them.

Zora
11th September 2006, 1:25 AM
I believe Cyber Dragon got its anime support in the GX series. I think the biggest problem with the exception to a few (IE, Chazz or other minor characters) they ALL have planned themed decks. By planned themed that means that it is the characters nature to build a special deck. Like the orginal Joey's deck theme was luck, but the way it was presented it looked more like it involuntary. However in GX it is clear the Jaden uses E-Heroes. I think that is the main reason so the only groundbreaking cards we are likely to see are Spell and Trap support cards, but they just often end up banned.

Judai Yuki
11th September 2006, 1:52 AM
Though cards in the next set suck entirely and their are at least 15 Gx cards in that.

-Judai

WheelerTheViper
11th September 2006, 6:27 AM
Yes, Cyber Dragon sucks.

-Judai

I just don't like the new cards as much as the old ones.....>_>

For the life of me, I can't remember CD's effect....

ShinyManafi
13th September 2006, 3:42 AM
I hate the sacred beasts!
They suck!

Bottomless Trap Hole on them, since i run at least 1 in every one of my decks, its more useful than some people think

Aquadon
13th September 2006, 10:20 PM
I just don't like the new cards as much as the old ones.....>_>

For the life of me, I can't remember CD's effect....

Cyber Dragon: Shank the opponent when they have a monster and you don't.

Basically, you can special summon it when they have 1+ monster(s) and you have none. Great topdeck.

Blaziken D.
14th September 2006, 5:19 AM
I personally like the new cards 70% and hate them 30%. I'll stick to Dark Magician and Buster Blader, though. But I like to use the E-Heros, and I'll soon be getting the D-Heros.

----- Deoxys