PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Rescue - Team Go-Getters Out Of The Gate! (021)

Serebii
8th September 2006, 11:23 AM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/S21.jpgPokémon Mystery Dungeon Rescue - Team Go-Getters Out Of The Gate!

A Young Boy goes to bed one night and wakes up in the Pokémon world as a Squirtle. Being awoken by a Charmander, he quickly befriends his new PokéFriend and Charmander's friend a Chikorita. Deciding to create a Rescue Force, the 3 Pokémon head out to dungeons to rescue other Pokémon that get lost in the nearby land. Recruiting friends along the way, they continue to do this, until another rescue force, Team Meanies, arrives and starts causing trouble...

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/specials/021.shtml)

Discuss

Pikachu
8th September 2006, 6:19 PM
Okay. Is this episode airing now? It says that "ON NOW" on cartoonnetwork.com. Yet it also says it's airing at 8:00 PM.

Kinslayer
8th September 2006, 6:26 PM
Um...No. "The Land Before Time XXVII" is on now. If you're at home, couldn't you have just turned the channel now to answer this question yourself? ._.

Pikachu
8th September 2006, 6:33 PM
That's because I'm not at home. Thanks for clearing that up.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
9th September 2006, 2:25 AM
team meanies, what kind of name is that?

WaterDragon trainer
9th September 2006, 2:29 AM
This episode was very weird in every way. I mean, Team Meanies? C'mon! That's a horrible name. And yes, you could call me whatever you want for me wasting my time watching this episode if anyone didn't like it. Gengar sounds a lot like Dr. Namba. He also called Ekans Arbok, which was weird. Also, Gengar can't learn Confusion. Kinda cool to see Charmander use Metal Claw. Good ending, though. So it had that going for it.

Darkness Angel
9th September 2006, 2:32 AM
I'll check this out later.

johnny139
9th September 2006, 2:32 AM
It was surprisingly good. I mean, some voices needed some getting used to, and Team Meanies was kinda stupid, but it actually made me want to get Mystery Dungeon!

I hope it becomes a side series, at least 13 episodes or so.

Adam_stm
9th September 2006, 3:10 AM
Pikachu's voice sounds weird.

Pika Hikari KT
9th September 2006, 3:14 AM
It does look like it'll be a side series, paticularly with the 'To Be Continued...' right at the end.

-Right off the bat, Nintendo goes one over on 4Kids and has us read the story. TAKE THAT, KHAN!!:D

-Squirtle is kawaii~! He thinks the bubbles were pretty.^_^ Since this is a miniseries, I'm sure we'll get some good backstory on his trainer days later on.

-Level up references FTW!:D

-Wow--a rare mention of the Poison status!:o

-Who is this electric rat and what has he done with Ikue Ohtani?!:p Just kidding; I'm just not used to this deep teenager voice(Pika-oniisan~<3). But it fits, so good on them.

FlareonJupiter
9th September 2006, 3:47 AM
I thought this special was really cute. I really liked Charmander (he had a lot of spunk and was very brave to take on those Shroomish). I loved Kangaskhan's personality... and the baby -- awww! I thought it was kinda cool that Pikachu sounded like a teenage boy.

I'm looking forward to the games more than ever now...

WaterKrystal
9th September 2006, 4:12 AM
I didn't mind this show, it was a little strange though, probably because I'm not used to them talking, and no trainers, but I kinda liked watching it, it was a change of pace for me.

The voices were ok, I actually liked Pikachu's voice, it was cute.

Bliksem
9th September 2006, 4:22 AM
I'm saddened. The one episode I wanted to see and I had to work during it. From what I have seen, though, the voices are adorable.

alyssa
9th September 2006, 4:26 AM
team meanies was a stupid name for a team. but i really liked the episode. pikachu's voice did kinda sound weird.

Meganium Ex
9th September 2006, 4:38 AM
I'm saddened. The one episode I wanted to see and I had to work during it. From what I have seen, though, the voices are adorable.
Don't worry, it reruns later today and tomorrow at 7:00(or something close to that) on Toonami

As for the episode, I liked it a lot, but there could've been some improvements. But I wasn't too bothered with them

Neko Godot
9th September 2006, 4:45 AM
I LOVED all the voices in this special, especially Skarmory's! I really hope this becomes a series!

Tyrannotaur
9th September 2006, 4:46 AM
It was very cool. Got me more pumped for mystery dungeon.
I really can't wait for it. I hope this becomes a miniseries.

I like Skarmory. " I don't like it, not one bit!" she was insane.

Gengar, sounded like Dr.Nanba.. and he mistook Ekans for Arbok.. Plus his teeth are odd..

I want to see more of that really good Rescue team... with the Tyranitar... Heh..

Korobooshi Kojiro
9th September 2006, 4:51 AM
Gengar DID have Dr. Namba's voice.

It's Jimmy Zoppi, who also does new Meowth and did Gary and Professor Oak.

Manene!
9th September 2006, 5:26 AM
I'll admit it, I actually liked it. I thought is was kiddy but I still actually liked it. I hated Skarmory's voice. That was the only downside for me. The rest was good, I hope they continue it as a mini-series or something. It has potential.

Akane
9th September 2006, 5:31 AM
I thought the special was very cute! I really enjoyed it. I loved everyone's voices. Especially Pikachu's voice(the older brother of the Pichu)! Totally cool! And I loved the adventure that Team Go-Getters went for. XD

I wish this will be a series someday.

S.Suikun
9th September 2006, 6:22 AM
Eh...I know Pokemon is a kids' show and all, but this just felt too young for me. The acting was really forced in this. Plot-wise, I'm really sick of Skarmory abducting random people/Pokemon and do who-knows-what to them. On the plus-side, I liked how the backgrounds were animated to resemble the actual style of the Mysterious Dungeon games.

I swear those Kecleon were gay. XD

Kuroshi
9th September 2006, 6:44 AM
I really enjoyed this special.

I loved all of the voices, and the animation was very good.
Team Meanies Rocks I have become a fan of them.
It looked to me like something was controlling/influencing Skarmory, it's eyes were glowing red, untill after Go Getters defeated it... It really seems like there will be more episodes.

Zabi
9th September 2006, 12:51 PM
This episode ROCKED!

I HATED Skarmorys Evil voice, but its regular was fine. Medicham I thought would've been a boy voice, but oh well.

I liked Auntie Kangaskhan.

I like they mentioned a Level Up.

I loved the backround music.

I LOVED the WHOLE THING!

Medea
9th September 2006, 12:54 PM
Super weird is all I have to say.

Well for the most part, most and/or all of the voices threw me off (especially Pikachu). But I must say, I loved Gengar's voice (sounded like Namba). And this Squirtle, for some good reason, I like it so much more than that pipsqueak of May's.

Olympichero191
9th September 2006, 2:56 PM
Not really sure, Pokemon talking is what threw me off. I couldn't get used to the voices. Good show, I'm not hoping for a mini-series or anything, but I wouldn't mind it, it'd be something to watch. Auntie Kangaskhan was probably my favorite character.

pokeplayer984
9th September 2006, 3:16 PM
Okay, here's my full opinion.

First off, we've never heard pokemon, aside from Meowth and certian other pokemon, actually speak English before, so it is no wonder it was a little wierd to all of us. :)

In specials such as this where there are only pokemon, I've been begging for either having all the pokemon speak english or give us subtitles. They finally get around to doing so with this, and I like it!

I hope this does become a mini-series, and with the "to be continued" at the end, we know there's a good chance of that. :)

I have to say that some of the items that will be featured in the games will be pretty impressive. If it wasn't for the fact that it was the effect of the seed he ate, I'd think that Squirtle was using an illegal Agility for crying out loud! LOL!

A specially designed twig that actually HURTS Steel types? There's something for ya! ^_^

If this does become a mini-series, I'm watching it until it ends. ^_^

I don't mind the name Team Meanies too much. With the fact it was a kid's show, I was expecting something not that good. I also go with a fact that bad guys go with bad names! LOL! So I'm okay! ^_^

This is a good show. I like it. End of story! :)

Alaukai
9th September 2006, 3:33 PM
Ugh.
It wasn't on cartoon network yesterday.
And its not on toonami today.
They lieeee =(

Either that, or english toonami/cartoonnetwork and american toonami/cartoonnetwork are different things O_o;

MaxPegasus42
9th September 2006, 3:43 PM
It was a very interesting show despite some minor flaws mentioned (the whole calling Ekans Arbok really was a crappy job on their part of the dub)... But at least it does the job, certainly got me excited about getting Mystery Dungeon games.

C.J. Ray
9th September 2006, 5:13 PM
Gengar DID have Dr. Namba's voice.

It's Jimmy Zoppi, who also does new Meowth and did Gary and Professor Oak.

What? Jimmy Zoppi did Dr. Namba? Does that mean he did work for 4Kids and decided to be the only voice actor from there who agreed to work on voices for the new guys?

Korobooshi Kojiro
9th September 2006, 5:16 PM
Jimmi Zoppi and Kayzie Rodgers both went to PUSA, it's been known since the original Mastermind.

Opal Pikachu13
9th September 2006, 5:32 PM
I thought this was pretty good. Hearing the Pokemon talk was pretty neat. How PUSA made this was pretty amazing for an english dubbed episode, the animation and the music was pretty good. I liked the personalities of the Pokemon on this. The voices were pretty good. I liked how Pikachu (Pichu's older brother) sounded like a teenager. Overall, this was a great special that PUSA made and I hope this becomes a mini-series.

Strike!
9th September 2006, 7:44 PM
I really loved this one; it was a nice change from the typical plot of the anime. The "Team Meanies" and Arbok thing did annoy me a bit though. Hopefully they'll do more episodes. I'll give it a 9/10.

zonic the hedgehog
9th September 2006, 7:53 PM
Since I missed the special yesterday, I had to download it via torrents.

Anywho, just finished watching it, and it was pretty decent. Pikachu's voice is pretty surprising, though.

The other Pokemon voices were eh... but weren't horrible (well, pichu's voice did p*ss me off).

Voices aside, the special was interesting. I'm hoping they actually continue this series (seeing as there's a "TO BE CONTINUED" thing at the end), just to see what happens next.

flamingblade222
9th September 2006, 9:44 PM
is the special really only 12 minutes?

Serebii
9th September 2006, 9:46 PM
No its not, its the same length as normal eps

GonbeTR
9th September 2006, 11:35 PM
I've just watched the episode and I love it. The look of all the places are similar to the game, I am glad because rarely do the writers make an episode like games. They always change game-related thnigs, however this episode is perfect about this point. Moreover, I like the dubbing too. The story is excellent. I have played the japanese verison without understanding the words, however I did understand the concept. So, I think this episode reflects perfectly the concept of the game. Furthermore, I love the animation. Attacks are awesome. I like the idae of level-up an attack like ember-flamethrower and bubble-water gun. I am glad that this special series weill continue because at the end of the episode it is written that "To be continue" !!! And finally, I am very happy that English season of Pokemon has finally started! *pokemon days*

The Benmeister
9th September 2006, 11:36 PM
To be continued, eh?

Not completely my cup of tea, but an interesting view nontheless. It's cool how they made it similar to the plot of the game (from what I can gather). Also, Pokemon with voices = owned.

Korobooshi Kojiro
10th September 2006, 1:40 AM
Dogasu notes that many other specials end with "To be Continued" and never were.

However, this DEFINATELY seems (and I hope) it will get more episodes.

halloweenghost
10th September 2006, 2:21 AM
I liked it... I just shrigged the Arbok thing.. only thing that made me laugh with a wth moment was when pikachu spoke... it was weird I was staring at the mouth wanting to her the pikachu voice we all know while the teenage boy's voice came out lol

man that skarmory was crazy! I laughed hearing it mutter that phrase, but yeah it's eyes were all red, something was taking control of it...

Bulba the Great!
10th September 2006, 2:38 AM
Anyone else find it weird only the Shroomish said their names? It's like it was the attack of the mindless Shroomish band who can't even talk in Pokemon language-_-

SuperShadow
10th September 2006, 3:13 AM
So the pics., Team Act, ok, Team Meanies LOL. It seems ok.

TogeticTheRuler
10th September 2006, 4:42 AM
I liked the show,cept some of it was corny <.<What bothered me was.........Pichus voice and Gengars voice
What REALLY surprised me was Pikachu`s teenage make voice!I hope they make a series

Strike!
10th September 2006, 5:15 AM
Anyone else find it weird only the Shroomish said their names? It's like it was the attack of the mindless Shroomish band who can't even talk in Pokemon language-_-

I guess they were a little grumpy!

R.I.P Steve...:(

.Bright Side.
10th September 2006, 5:18 AM
1)Skarmory was the onlyone I saw who's attacks were not yelled out/named by other pokemon...
2)Skarmory should not be a London school teacher's voice...
3)Leveling up?!*does not compute**Blows up*
4)Pikachu/Pichu could have easly bitten through the Vines,or atleast shocked Skarmory...
5)Kecleon=HoMoSeXuAlS
6)The kangskan was like Dr Kangaskan and Mini me...
7)Team meanies???*Shoots self*
8)Gengar=Dr.Nanba
9)Oran berries are very overly exxagerated in this episode...

Other than that I loved this movie,I hope theres a series:D

SBaby
10th September 2006, 6:48 AM
Memorable moments:

- They can see levels?!

- I thought it was funny when the squirtle apparently didn't realize that he could breathe underwater. That had to be one of the greatest things I've ever seen on Pokemon! If this dude was a Trainer before this, then he must have really been baaaaad...

- The Pokemon speaking English makes me think that some really evil dude in a red outfit is going to start turning everyone into robots.

- The overly cuteness factor didn't faze me at all! WTF?! I'm usually scared to see something that's cuter than the Pokemon norm, but this one didn't bother me. I don't know what it was. But it didn't really affect me at all.

PMC Elite Steven
10th September 2006, 9:00 AM
This is my full opinion of the episode and many of its aspects.
Well, overall it did seem a little overly cute, but perhaps that was because it mostly included the pre-evolved and small pokemon. I liked it and I hope that they continue it into at least a mini-series, but the plot of the pilot episode was a little like a commercial, since a lot of it matched that of the game.
The introduction left a lot to be desired. It could have at least started with us seeing through the eyes of the main character as a human right before he falls asleep. Also, we could have probably done without the words at the bottom of the screen, as most of that data could have been gleaned out of the story itself or obtained from the Mysterious Dungeon Games.

I agree with what people say, those Kecleon brothers were Homosexuals, but that makes me wonder...why are there homosexual pokemon? I mean, homosexuality is a mental disease that goes against one of the most primary natural instincts and since pokemon are more down to nature than humans, I didn't think it was possible to have homosexual pokemon. Oh well, some questions are probably left unanswered...

That calling the Ekans an Arbok thing was really stupid, I have to say. I mean, where the heck could that mistake possibly have been made? Maybe the script dub writers got the japanese names for arbok and ekans mixed up. But the only way they could do that is if they weren't looking at the video takes of the special when doing the script, and that's completely nuts. And even if they were, it then seems even more pathetic and stupid because even a cave man could tell ekans, arbok, and serviper apart: "Ekans pink. Arbok have hood. Serviper have fangs and pointy tail." I mean come on, even if the writers were stupid enough to make that mistake, wouldn't the script doctors have caught. Though they're probably only slightly smarter than the microsoft office word spellcheck program...oh well, at least that's only one mistake out of the few made throughout the entire pokemon series, so they still have a pretty good track record, but why'd they have to pick the MD special to make one of their mistakes in?!

The Oran berries effects weren't overly exaggerated because in the game they are able to restore 100 HP, that is at least a fourth of even the most powerful pokemon's total HP.

Team Meanies? Are you kidding me! Team Lamies is more like it! They seriously weren't trying to hard when they came up with these team names. Neither have what I like in team names, but the name of the rescue team that exist in my mind sure does: Team Mystery Club.

The mention of leveling up was sort of confusing. I mean, of course Squirtle would know about it, because he used to be a human. If he was from the quote unquote "real world", then he'd at least have played some of the RPG games. And if he was from the same world that Ash & Co. were from, we know that they're aware of number specific levels from EP#9 "The School of Hard Knocks". Also, the way they were talking about levels, it sounded like just another way of describing getting stronger and learning new attacks. I mean, when you see a pokemon like Tyranitar using hyperbeam, the default thing would be to say that that pokemon is at a high level. It have been more appropriate for them to say something like "getting stronger" or "gaining more experience", but they said "leveling up" instead, so we'll just have to deal with it.

The Shroomish only said their names. I don't think this was because the writers intended them to be stupid, because in the game, even the stupidest pokemon can somewhat properly communicate. I think it was more like what someone else said about it being weird if they said something like "Get them! Get them!" over and over again.

Seeing pokemon talking wasn't creepy to me in the slightest because I'm already really used to seeing creatures/monsters talk from watching lots of Digimon episodes way back in the day. The voices were okay. Most of them seemed to fit the characters pretty well, especially Mr. Zoppi doing the voice of Gengar. Desperate Milotic was right, Skarmory's evil voice did sound like that of an english teacher, which made me start thinking about it saying something like: "You split your infinitive! You must be punished!" LOL

I thought it was pretty annoying that pikachu and pichu couldn't just bite through or squeeze out of that rope they were bound up by. I mean, they could of at least shocked Skarmony, she was well within range and it would have been a double advantage, since Skarmory is a metal and flying type. But hey, that would have ruined the rest of the plot and made no sense--I mean, the hostages defeating their captor, how often does that occur in plot lines?

Those corsola sticks were really pathetic. I mean, why would Squirtle's actually have an effect on Skarmory if the other two didn't. My brother says it was all about velocity, trajectory, and range, but I don't think any of those things really mattered unless a much stronger pokemon were throwing them.

LOL, the quick seed was sort of like a time bomb, with the way it lit up like that when pikachu kicked it.

The pokemon calling out their attacks before doing them did bring up some memories of digimon, but all in all it did seem pretty pointless. I can think of only two reasons that the writers decided to do this:
1)They wanted to name the attacks so we'd know what they're called--this is pretty pointless, as most of the people who were watching this have already seem at least some of the main series and can already indentify most of the pokemon attacks. And if not, it shouldn't really matter what the attacks are called as long as you can tell what effect they're having on the other pokemon or the user--hell, you could call the Flamethrower attack Phoenix Flame Jutsu, but it wouldn't change its effect on the opponent pokemon, so who really cares?
2)They were trying to ease the radical transition from what we're all used with trainers calling out attacks and the battling pokemon then executing them to just pokemon battling by themselves--this seems like a good idea for some people, but not really necessary for the majority of the audience. We don't really need someone there to call out the attack in order for it to be executed. This is probably the same excuse for having Gengar call out "Go [Ekans]!" (I'm not quoting it word for word) before Ekans executed the command and devowered the berries. It was just a way of easing the transition for some people, but still pretty pointless.

"A bump on the head." Wow, that's a pretty stupid theory from a pretty stupid little kid--a kid who forgot that Squirtles can breathe underwater and who thinks his bubble attack is "really pretty". Honestly, this show did seem like it was geared more toward the younger tykes, but still, a better theory would have been that an unknown outside force was controlling Skarmory, with the eye color and voice and all.

Most of the other people are right...if a person buys the supply store out and steals all your berries, you don't feed them and sympathize with them, YOU KILL THEM! But heh, they were obviously trying to push some sort of "brotherly love" or "can't we all get along?" message for the little kids in that moment--*GAGS*. Even though this special was geared towards little kids, most other Japanese animes are more violent and less "share and care" and I still dream of the day that a pokemon series will be aired on Toonami or Adult Swim in which the pokemon shead a little less tears and a little more blood. I mean, come on, that one episode was banned b/c it involved the use of a firearm towards other people! What I'd like to see a more adult version of MD which mostly stars 2nd and 3rd level pokemon and has a lot more violence and maybe even some blood. This may sound evil to a lot of the younger people who are viewing this post, but hey, I'm 18 and the pokemon shows are starting to lose some of their taste. I'm in it mostly for the battles, because they're awesome. But still, a pokemon series with about as much violence as Naruto would please me greatly. *Imagines a charizard doing a siesmic toss like the primary lotus technique.* *Sighs*

Well, that's my two cents on this special and I hope you all enjoyed reading it.

-Steven, PMC Elite

WaterKrystal
10th September 2006, 9:02 AM
I wouldn't mind if it continued, it actually seems like something I might like to watch every whenever it would come on.

Is it just me, or did Pikachu's voice sound like Kenji's voice, only deeper and/or mature?

~Silver Aura~
10th September 2006, 12:07 PM
I liked it it was really good pikachu's voice surprised me abit but I still really enjoyed this and i hope they make more.

Korobooshi Kojiro
10th September 2006, 1:39 PM
How the hell do people instantly know the Keckleons were homosexual?

Seriously.

Zabi
10th September 2006, 1:45 PM
The Kecleons aren't homosexuals, they were just being super nice. =P To me, they didn't sound gay.

Korobooshi Kojiro
10th September 2006, 1:47 PM
I didn't hear it either, people here are just stereotyping by voice.

mastermew
10th September 2006, 1:51 PM
was it really good? i wanted 2 see it but i was in china, because my parents were adopting a lttle girl, and now im back in the USA. so how was it?

Zabi
10th September 2006, 1:52 PM
I know, I have heard non gay people talk like that in real life, the next minute, I see them kissing girls, come on, they weren't gay.

Anyway, I noticed like everyone else, that Shroomish only said its name, not English, hmmm, horrible script writers.

I really hated Meddichams voice.

Dreamer
10th September 2006, 1:58 PM
I really liked this episode. I hope it'll be at least a mini series...and Pikachu's voice was great, one of the most likeable voices in this episode

Mew-100
10th September 2006, 2:01 PM
I Loved It, I watched it on youtube, keckleon sounds so cool, Snubbell and Wishcash sound just right fir their personalitys and Pikachu sounds like Chip Skylark(FOP) ! ^__^

Korobooshi Kojiro
10th September 2006, 2:10 PM
The Shroomish probably were like more "wild" Pokemon. I imagine not all Pokemon are civalized.

CaptainBrain
10th September 2006, 2:20 PM
I thought that the Keckleon were just being super friendly to everyone. Whiscash, I thought had a really good voice, the same with Pikachu. Pichu's however, stunk. Baby Kangaskahn, had one of those cutesy voices...

TeddiUrsa
10th September 2006, 2:49 PM
I agree with what people say, those Kecleon brothers were Homosexuals, but that makes me wonder...why are there homosexual pokemon? I mean, homosexuality is a mental disease that goes against one of the most primary natural instincts and since pokemon are more down to nature than humans, I didn't think it was possible to have homosexual pokemon. Oh well, some questions are probably left unanswered...

stopped reading after this...

mental disease WTF?!

the kecloen reminded me of the cameleon brithers of "Rocko´s modern Live" who got a bit of a german "gay accent" in the german dub ( I´ve heard they don´t have such an accent in the original).

.Bright Side.
10th September 2006, 2:57 PM
Has the series been confirmed?

Kuroshi
10th September 2006, 2:59 PM
No, it is still unknown at this point weather there will be anymore episodes or not.

Aero
10th September 2006, 3:09 PM
I didn't get a lot of things about this episode.
1) Why did Skarmory keep saying "I don't like it"?
2) What is a Corsola Twig and why did it own Skarmory?
3) Was Skarmory possessed or something?

Meganium Ex
10th September 2006, 3:19 PM
The Oran berries effects weren't overly exaggerated because in the game they are able to restore 100 HP, that is at least a fourth of even the most powerful pokemon's total HP.
No, they restore 10

-Ex

Korobooshi Kojiro
10th September 2006, 3:23 PM
Even though this special was geared towards little kids, most other Japanese animes are more violent and less "share and care" and I still dream of the day that a pokemon series will be aired on Toonami or Adult Swim in which the pokemon shead a little less tears and a little more blood. I mean, come on, that one episode was banned b/c it involved the use of a firearm towards other people! What I'd like to see a more adult version of MD which mostly stars 2nd and 3rd level pokemon and has a lot more violence and maybe even some blood. This may sound evil to a lot of the younger people who are viewing this post, but hey, I'm 18 and the pokemon shows are starting to lose some of their taste. I'm in it mostly for the battles, because they're awesome. But still, a pokemon series with about as much violence as Naruto would please me greatly. *Imagines a charizard doing a siesmic toss like the primary lotus technique.* *Sighs*

-Steven, PMC Elite

YOU FAIL TEH INTERNET!

.Bright Side.
10th September 2006, 3:31 PM
If you would/could pay for the series,would you?
Note:Like you hade like 10mil to spend on it-.-

YES

Pink Parka Girl
10th September 2006, 4:01 PM

Mental disease? >:-( Be so very glad I don't know where you live...

Anyway, I'm not sure what to say about the special. Sometimes I felt like it was insulting my intelligence (Team Meanies; the skarmory was furious because it had a bump on the head?), while others I was actually able to enjoy it (character interaction, battles). I must be one of the few who liked the pikachu and pichu's voices - I would have killed something if they made them squeaky (no rule says all talking rodents must be squeaky-voiced, but so many cartoon makers seem to think they must follow this stereotype). Hell, TeenageBoy!Pika was cute! :D

The shroomish were probably saying their names because they were sleepy (they'd been rudely awakened!), added with the mob mentality that seems to rob non-human critters of their powers of speech in Digimon and other anime.

The level thing bothered me - I hate that sort of technicality dropping in fanfic (i.e., Mary Sue pulled out her Level 100 EV trained so-and-so) and it didn't make me any happier to see it being tossed around in a canon source. It's more a personal taste, though, perhaps.

What bothered me the most, though, besides the moments where I felt my IQ dropping by the score, was the fact the pokemon seemed to have an idea what humans are. It's obviously an alternate world where super-intelligent pokemon are able to speak English, understand the concept of business, and build elaborate houses; basically anthropomorphized to the level that they are the world's humans, and that us hairless apes don't exist in any way there. And yet they seemed to know what humans were - I can hope it's because there's been a lot of transformed folk rambling on and on about what humans are, but it's more likely a plot hole >.> Also, I really would have liked to have seen the squirtle before he ended up in the other world, and a little more background depth to him.

Anyway, I'd probably give it a 6/10. There's no forgiving the insults it made to my intelligence, but it was enjoyable, and I'd like to see it as a series :)

(edited for typos)

Korobooshi Kojiro
10th September 2006, 4:04 PM
Team Meanies were cool, if you ask me.

They made the special, imo.

Pink Parka Girl
10th September 2006, 4:06 PM
Team Meanies were cool, if you ask me.

They made the special, imo.

I meant the name was an insult to my intelligence, not the characters themselves, whom I rather enjoyed :)

~Shining-Metagross~
10th September 2006, 4:10 PM
I agree with what people say, those Kecleon brothers were Homosexuals, but that makes me wonder...why are there homosexual pokemon? I mean, homosexuality is a mental disease

As a bi guy, I must say.
No.
Just no.

And the Kecleon Brothers sound....Camp. Or what I would expect the sterotype of Homosexual Guys to sound like. But it doesn't make them "Gay".

Back to Topic:
Great episode. I was glad there was references to Poison, Level Up, No cheesy 4kids Puns, Good Storyline.

The only thing that annoyed me was it felt to rushed at the begining, but the pacing was perfect at the end. And Team Meane's name. Something more original next time. =P
Great job PKMNUSA. ^_^
X
~Danny~

Korobooshi Kojiro
10th September 2006, 4:12 PM
Team Meanie is probably what they are known as in the actual game as well, since they are a Rival Team in that (as is the A-C-T)

Alakakazam
Charizard
Tyranitar.

~Shining-Metagross~
10th September 2006, 4:16 PM
Team Meanie is probably what they are known as in the actual game as well, since they are a Rival Team in that (as is the A-C-T)

Alakakazam
Charizard
Tyranitar.
Well, at least it is a direct translation from the game. But still....The name team Meanie is just so....unoriginal. Even if it isn't PUSA's fault if they wanted a exact translation.
X
~Danny~

.Bright Side.
10th September 2006, 4:16 PM
Fanfic:
Max:OK mom,I'm going to Kanto
Caroline:By dear.
Max:*walking to docks for a boat ride*Dum de dum.
Jipsy:Come closer.
Max:What?
Jipsey:Come ,let me tell you your future.
Max:No,its ok,I have a boat to catch...
Jipsey:I see terrible things in your future.
Max:Like what?
Jipsey:I see you,as a pokemon,a blue one.
Max:Pffff,liek that will ever happen.
Jipsey:You msut take this seed and ---
Max:Ok thats great,see ya.
Jipsey:Wait!!!

*On the boat to Kanto*
Max:Wow,I'm tired,time for a nap.
-Max wakes up in a forest somewhere and sees a charmander-
You know the rest,if not click the first link in my Sig....

Korobooshi Kojiro
10th September 2006, 4:19 PM
Well, in the Japanese version they were just Team Blue. But I wouldn't be surprised if they ARE Team Meanie in the US version.

Which, I actually thought was a cool name. You have to be AMAZINGLY cocky to name yourself that, and I think it's better then TEAM DARK or TEAM EVIL!

~Shining-Metagross~
10th September 2006, 4:27 PM
Well, in the Japanese version they were just Team Blue. But I wouldn't be surprised if they ARE Team Meanie in the US version.

Which, I actually thought was a cool name. You have to be AMAZINGLY cocky to name yourself that, and I think it's better then TEAM DARK or TEAM EVIL!
Its true, it is one of those names you would have to be really cocky to use. And I wouldn't have thought of it.
But still, there is something about it that bugs me. But I just can't click on to what it is. =S
X
~Danny~

Darkstorm16
10th September 2006, 5:45 PM
So is this going to be like a separate series or just a one time deal

.Bright Side.
10th September 2006, 5:48 PM
I hope its a series, but it is unconfirmed.

◘Ins0mnIac◘
10th September 2006, 6:02 PM
The baby Kangaskhan scared the hell outta me.....I prefer normal epi's of Pokemon but this was nice for a change of pace I guess....

Korobooshi Kojiro
10th September 2006, 6:24 PM
Even if this doesn't become a series (which I hope it really does), NP is running a 6 month comic very simmilar to this (albeit with different main Pokemon)

PhatBird
10th September 2006, 6:57 PM
OKay, The pokemon WERE NOT SPEAKING ENGLISH! We are seeing the world in a pokemons perspective, therefore they are not speaking our language but we are understanding theirs. I have seen like 5000 people say "I cant believe the pokemon spoke our language." Also i tihnk they overexagerated the oran berry, it only heals 10hp in the games. which isnt a big deal.

CaptainBrain
10th September 2006, 7:09 PM
The oran berry thing is understandable. In the GAMES MD red and Blue, they restore 100 hp. You can look it up on Serebii if you don't believe me. :)

PMC Elite Steven
10th September 2006, 7:18 PM
No, they restore 10

-Ex

The Oran berries do restore 100 HP in the MD Red and Blue Games and here's the proof:

http://www.serebii.net/mysteriousdungeon/items.shtml

-Steven, PMC Elite

.Bright Side.
10th September 2006, 7:29 PM
If this isn't I series i'll cry...:'(

I wish I was a pokemon...

Jesse GS the II
10th September 2006, 10:01 PM
The pros:
- Some quite excellent animation, especially in the final battle with Skarmory
- Pretty good voice acting for the most part
- It got me quite interested in purchasing the Mystery Dungeon games for myself

The cons:
- PUSA misidentified Ekans as Arbok? That doesn't bode very well...
- Hot dang, Pichu's voice was annoying
- I kinda saw the Water Gun revalation coming a mile away

Overall, a decent enough special in spite of its flaws. I certainly don't regret watching it, that's for darn sure.

TotodileCharizard
10th September 2006, 10:11 PM
I liked it overall, Team Meanies was the best except Medicham. lol my little brother was laughing at their name and all the subtitles. That was pretty cool though, got me back into getting excited for Mystery Dungeon. I liked Charmander the best :D Squirtle was meh.

It got me so mad they said Arbok instead of Ekans. Gah.

.Bright Side.
10th September 2006, 11:00 PM
Maybe this is like Foster home for imaganry friends/Lilo + Stich, They show the kick-of special to get you exited then about a month or two later they'll show the series.
Kinda like a test to see how popular it would be.

You should expect a seres.

Im gonna type some Fanfic:
Setting:A Young boy named Jack is an average kid.He plays Comp,he goes outside, but most of all he loves Pokemon.He's got a better than tournament worthy team on his Emerald.But today,when an unusual storm hits,wierd things begin to happen.This is his story:

Jack:See ya mom,I'm going on a Bike ride.
Mom:Bye dear,but be sure to be back by 5:00, a nasty storm is coming.
Jack:*On his bike riding to Pecan Park*Jeez i'm not a 5-year old,I know what I'm doing...
???:----
Jack:What was that?Meh...nothing I guess.
*Parking his bike and laying down in the grass*
Jack:Wow,those clouds are wierd...kinda makes me sorta---*Goes to sleep*
---
---
---
*BOOOM*
Jack:WTF?
*He sees that its raining and the tree couple yards away is on fire*
Jack:OMG!!!What time is it???
*checks watch*
Jack:6:15!!!???Oh god its the thunder storm!!!
Jack:*choking on the Smoke*Oh god I cant breath...
*passes out*

To find out what happens next click the first link in my Sig:D

Jesse GS the II
10th September 2006, 11:17 PM
Maybe this is like Foster home for imaganry friends/Lilo + Stich, They show the kick-of special to get you exited then about a month or two later they'll show the series.
Kinda like a test to see how popular it would be.

You should expect a seres.

Come on, don't say stuff like that. This is how rumors get started - one person makes up one thing, and everyone else misconstrues it. Nothing's been confirmed, and we have no indication that this was anything more than a one-time special.

.Bright Side.
10th September 2006, 11:22 PM
On the contrary,we don't have proof that it isn't just a series.(Not trying to sound childish)

My proof:
When it says "to be continued"
At the Bryant Party preview the guys in the backround said it would be a series.Also the pokemon director on the stage said it would be.

Your move Jesse...
Choose wisely...

Jesse GS the II
11th September 2006, 12:09 AM
On the contrary,we don't have proof that it isn't just a series.(Not trying to sound childish)

My proof:
When it says "to be continued"
At the Bryant Party preview the guys in the backround said it would be a series.Also the pokemon director on the stage said it would be.

Your move Jesse...
Choose wisely...

The "To Be Continued..." was also put at the end of all the HoSo specials, and those were all just one shots. As for the rest of your proof, I want to see the original sources of your information first - I know better than to go by heresay, especially on this board.

ashes
11th September 2006, 12:16 AM
It was kind of cheesy. The team kept jumping onto a screen ful of multi colored lines and there voices kind of scared me. The plot was great though, I just wish the squirtle could've been a girl though......

.Bright Side.
11th September 2006, 12:23 AM
The "To Be Continued..." was also put at the end of all the HoSo specials, and those were all just one shots. As for the rest of your proof, I want to see the original sources of your information first - I know better than to go by heresay, especially on this board.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oBOAX13iiM

Watch it and weep.

Medly
11th September 2006, 1:08 AM
I hope a series will come

.Bright Side.
11th September 2006, 1:11 AM
Yuo and everyoen else in the US

Geodude
11th September 2006, 1:51 AM
It was kind of cheesy. The team kept jumping onto a screen ful of multi colored lines
Obviously you've never watched an anime episode before, much less a Pokemon one.

.Bright Side.
11th September 2006, 2:27 AM
If there is a series, I'll be the
*scientist montage*
Between #1-1000 :D

pit-fall
11th September 2006, 3:05 AM
It was surprisingly good. I mean, some voices needed some getting used to, and Team Meanies was kinda stupid, but it actually made me want to get Mystery Dungeon!

I hope it becomes a side series, at least 13 episodes or so.

I totally agree with every word you said - er - typed. This is kindof off topic but now im gonna by MD Blue and take the quiz until i get squirtle!

.Bright Side.
11th September 2006, 3:13 AM
Me too,squirtle or Totodile.

Faerie
11th September 2006, 3:18 AM
A good episode. The dubbing on this was MUCH better than 4Kids' work. The music might not have been Japanese (or it might have been, I don't know), but it was really great regardless. "Big Brother Pikachu" was a pretty darn faitful translation of "Pikachuu Oniisan", and I appreciated that. Not to mention that 4Kids never would have let the word "missle" slip in...speaking of that, Team Meanies was kind of funny. I look forward to seeing the rest.

"I don't like it! I don't care what it looks like to anyone else, I don't like it one bit!"

Meganium Ex
11th September 2006, 3:22 AM
The oran berry thing is understandable. In the GAMES MD red and Blue, they restore 100 hp. You can look it up on Serebii if you don't believe me. :)
Oh, ok, thanks for the info. :)

-Ex

undrhil
11th September 2006, 3:32 AM
Haha! Homosexuality as a mental disease? Sure, I admit it's not natural, but I'm sick of everyone pointing to stuff being mental diseases. Just get away from that, ok? Otherwise, they didn't sound homosexual to me, they sounded like those guys in the Revenge of the Nerds movies, the guys who were trying too hard to be nerds since they obviously weren't nerds in real life. Just stick some glasses and pocket protectors on the Kecleon brothers and there you go.

About the Pokemon calling out their moves. Go watch the standard anime some more. Everytime a Pokemon is about to attack, it says it's name in some different way. They could be calling out their attacks in every battle and we would never know since we don't understand Pokemon speech. I do agree that this show seemed to be geared more towards younger people, but let's look at it this way: it wasn't made in Japan like the other anime, so the people making it are using the mindset of "It's a cartoon, it's for little kids." I think all the Pokemon animes should be made in Japan so they are more like the original anime.

Undrhil

TeddiUrsa
11th September 2006, 3:36 AM
A good episode. The dubbing on this was MUCH better than 4Kids' work. The music might not have been Japanese (or it might have been, I don't know), but it was really great regardless. "Big Brother Pikachu" was a pretty darn faitful translation of "Pikachuu Oniisan", and I appreciated that. Not to mention that 4Kids never would have let the word "missle" slip in...speaking of that, Team Meanies was kind of funny. I look forward to seeing the rest.

"I don't like it! I don't care what it looks like to anyone else, I don't like it one bit!"

It was the japanese music. There were even silent moments ^^

Many parts of the music were adaptions of the MD ingame music which was a nice touch

I think all the Pokemon animes should be made in Japan so they are more like the original anime.

uhm,...the special was made in japan as well. Like the Mastermind special it was animated and written in japan I suppose, PUSA probably just paid them to do it and gave them a few ideas or a rough plot, but it is still a japanese production.

the plot was different because it is based on a different game obviously.

wobbanut
11th September 2006, 6:01 AM
You know, if I were five I'd probably like this episode, but as a woman in her late twenties all I'd have to say is... YIKES. It's not a dubbing issue (since I like the dub), but it's the fact that it's so geared toward little kids. I feel like I'm watching Sesame Street or something. I like that normally Pokemon may skew younger but at least has enough material and pop culture references to keep an older audience like me entertained. This special just made me want to change the channel (unfortunately it's taped anyway).

As far as the special goes, it was interesting to hear pokemon speak. I think Pikachu had WAY too low a voice, even though it was supposed to be male, since he is an electric rat after all. Everyone else's voices were fine, especially gengar (they change voice actors and keep Professor Nanba's?). The story was okay. Overall, though, I'd rather watch the worst pokemon episodes again before this one.

Overall, 2/10.

Ashkihyena
11th September 2006, 6:02 AM
I bet it'll wind up being another series, and some of the voices, Pichu's was extremely grating IMO. XD and I honestly thought that Charmander sounded like his nose was stuffed up and such.

Other then some of the VA's and Gengar, Meditate and Ekan's team name (Team Meanies, no, just no), it was pretty cool.

SOS! Its Not Healthy..
11th September 2006, 6:15 AM
This episode was cute actually, and yes I'm almost 20 here! But yep, the story plot was aimed for little kids obviously, but it was interesting. Sometimes I just wanna sit back, and put on a cutsy kiddie show which it keeps me mind off of things. (Like stress) But I enjoyed it. I loved Squirtle, he was clueless, but I couldn't enough of the little critter. Then Charmander and Chikorita.

I was concerned they got Ekans wrong when they called it Arbok. But the voices was really good. I actually enjoyed Pikachu's voice a lot. It was so warm and brotherly to me. But what the hey, it was all right.

Mew-100
11th September 2006, 8:26 AM
I didn't get a lot of things about this episode.
1) Why did Skarmory keep saying "I don't like it"?
2) What is a Corsola Twig and why did it own Skarmory?
3) Was Skarmory possessed or something?

1) See 3
2) Like the scarfs they are lucky, it wned him because it was just, well lets say... Luck
3) No, she had been hit on the head by something

Bold= 1

Gravy
11th September 2006, 12:59 PM
The music might not have been Japanese (or it might have been, I don't know)
It was. The entire track was based on the music in the actual games eg. whilst fighting Skarmory, and whilst first entering Sinister Cave, the dungeon music started up. I'm sure a lot of people are unaware of this though, considering the majority probably haven't managed to play it as of yet~

"The kid's got a lot of spunk, but MAN, what a royal pain in the neck!"
Oh Gengar. You were saying what we were all thinking.

This special may not have been Shakespeare, and it was a blatant advertisment. But darn it, I'm a kid at heart, so I found it to be one of the most enjoyable pieces of pokémon animation in a long while. I have to concur with the masses here, and say that I'd be sorely disappointed if this one didn't eventually spawn a short spin-off series.
They'd obviously put quite a bit of effort into this one. The animation, for one thing, was phenomenal. The quality remained consistent, and there were some really nice expressions mixed in whenever appropriate. As Jesse already pointed out, the Skarmory battle was a definite highlight. The attacks all felt like they had some real power behind them, and the movement of the characters was incredibly fluid (especially when Squirtle darted around after swallowing the Quick Seed). I also thought all the little details, like Skarmory stumbling backward after being thrown for a loop by Squirtle's tackle, made it all the better.
I was surprised that there was an original music score made just for this episode. I'd been expecting a pick n' mix of random music cues from the show and films, but hearing the actual Mysterious Dungeon track was a real treat. And despite a few flaws in the storyline, I really enjoyed the character interaction~

As for the voice acting, I had no problems with any of them….well, y’know, apart from Pichu, who nobody seems to like anyway.
My favourites included the very camp Kecleon brothers (But right now, we‘re closed to everyone! ^_^) , the Ekans who sounded like a villain from He-Man (Man, is that gooood!), evil English Skarmory (Who, might I add, made Skarmoey look cool again), Narrator Wishcash and Bellsprout n’ Lotad.
Usually I’m not a fan of Jimmy Zoppi’s old man voice, but I felt that it really fit the character this time around.

Am I the only one who thought Pelipper sounded almost identical to Toad from the old Super Mario Bros. Super Show? If they had increased the pitch a little, methinks it would have been spot on.

.Bright Side.
11th September 2006, 2:31 PM
I though this movie was pretty good.

Ulike you all,I did'nt mind Pichus voice...
When I heard skarmory's voice I burst out laughing,jeez,new imports from London.But why ,oh why couldn't Charmander be played by someone who didn't sound like they had a cold?And when he said "Hyuck", I got really Ticked.Kecleons were creepy.And it was funny what I thought of reffering the Kangaskhan and the mini one to Dr.Evil and Mini me.:D
Team meanies???*shoots self* They were funny but the named sucked.

Other than that I liked the Special:
5 stars!

Ashy Boy
11th September 2006, 3:17 PM
That episode wasn't too lame, but which voice actor did what Pokemon?

The Big Al
11th September 2006, 3:25 PM
I liked how they were willing to be stylized, something Pokemon hasn't been in a while. The backgrounds were a throwback to Season 1 which rocks and an appropriate environment for cartoony little critters. Add that to some of the better animation and you've got some major eye candy.

And ear candy, the selection was slightly different than the main series. I believe I heard more woodwinds than in the main series as well as a real bell during the Skarmory battle.

All in all, this is hopefully a pilot because this plot is far from tapped.

Fenrir
11th September 2006, 4:18 PM
I sure hope it becomes a series. This is a nice change from the usual anime, and for once they kind of kept to the story of the game!

Plus, Skarmory makes up for everything that went wrong XD.

Skarmory:"I don't like it. I don't like it. I don't care what it looks like to anyone else. I don't like it one bit!

♥Princess Ketchum♥
11th September 2006, 6:24 PM
this is was pretty amazing and i love it it loads 0__0

Rizardon
11th September 2006, 6:34 PM
Gengar: GO ARBOK!
Ekans: Raar!
me: *shoots self*

The Big Al
11th September 2006, 7:04 PM
Another thing I noticed is when Squirtle tackled Skarmory he fell back flat on his back. They made sure the battle looked well done.

Korobooshi Kojiro
11th September 2006, 9:29 PM
Gengar: GO ARBOK!
Ekans: Raar!
me: *shoots self*

Actually it was...

Gengar: Go ARBOK!

Ekans: Gee, thanks!

Too me it sounds like Ekans was angry he was called the wrong name....

The Big Al
11th September 2006, 9:59 PM
Then I wonder if it was intential then? In Japan Ekans is called Arbo so Gengar was perhaps supposed to screw up his name.

Gravy
11th September 2006, 10:45 PM
Then I wonder if it was intential then? In Japan Ekans is called Arbo so Gengar was perhaps supposed to screw up his name.
If this spins off into an actual series, I can easily see that becoming the first running gag. Though whether people like it or not depends on how much they enjoyed Butch's schtick I suppose :P

And speaking of japan; I hope we get to see a version of this special released over there. I'd really like to hear Ikue Otani try her hand at voicing Pikachu speaking fluent eng...er, japanese. And I can only imagine how hillarious Ekan's voice would be.

Korobooshi Kojiro
11th September 2006, 10:50 PM
HAH!

TAKE THAT PUSA HATERS!

I have discovered a good reason!

EDIT: They should have Takehito Koyasu (Kosaburo's VA) do Ekans then!

Blaze Dragon
11th September 2006, 11:16 PM
Good things:
-Seen a chapter in another perspective
-Pikachu´s voice, sounding like a teenager wasn´t expected 0_0
-Sticked to PMD´s plot [The city was the same, and Skarmory is the first boss in MD. Plus the items (Mainly the Corsola Twig, but the Oran Berry was too exagerated)]
-No Team Rocket flying, or overrated rat
Bad:
-Called Ekans "Arbok"
-Team Meanies, come on, they should be Team Blue or Team GEM at least
-Level Up attacks. They LV up and their attacks transformed, WTF?
-Too short on Team ACT (Team Red)
-Pikachu and Pichu appeared as idiots. Why didn´t they shocked Skarmory?
-Skarmory´s strange personality O_o

The Big Al
11th September 2006, 11:23 PM
Maybe they could have laughs with the name.

Squirtle: It's Team Beanies again.
Gengar: No, no NO! It's Team Meanies. MEANIES! We're mean and proud of it. Get it?
Medicham: Uh...what he said.
Ekans: This from someone who can never get my name right.
Gengar: Shut up and evolve already.

.Bright Side.
11th September 2006, 11:38 PM
LOL,funny...

If theyre "Team meanies",why are they pink/purple/="Natures Girl colors..."
Makes me wanna hide in my closet out of fear...

Korobooshi Kojiro
11th September 2006, 11:39 PM
????????

Dark Purple Snakes and Demonic Ghost are "girly?"

Their is no "girl" colors.

.Bright Side.
11th September 2006, 11:42 PM
Still if I saw medicham or ekans,I wouldn't wet my pants...

Korobooshi Kojiro
11th September 2006, 11:45 PM
Because seeing a giant snake isn't scary.

The Big Al
11th September 2006, 11:48 PM
Only when it's on the plane.

PokeMaster Justin
11th September 2006, 11:49 PM
oh my god haha we're trying a bit too hard to jusitify a mistake here...it was a mistake, ok we got it don't try to come up with these stupid things to make it sound right "Arbo" in Japan...ok last time I looked this is America and if it was a gag it makes no damn sense what so ever. It was a mistake, take the focus off the 0.1 second and enjoy the special.

Korobooshi Kojiro
11th September 2006, 11:50 PM
Amber = Ember.

PWNED! Don't knock a perfectly good, reasonable explanation. AMERICAN *****!

Gravy
11th September 2006, 11:52 PM
...why does someone always have to pop in and take it seriously? :/

Also Al, if they were ever going to mess up Team Meanies name, they would 'accidentally' refer to them as 'Team Weenies' instead. Because it's just THAT easy :P

Korobooshi Kojiro
11th September 2006, 11:55 PM
We have too BECAUSE THIS IS AMERICA!

Yup, the internet is American now.

Gravy
12th September 2006, 12:00 AM
Aww man. I guess there's no place online for us English folk then? Well, I guess I'll go off an' sip tea, whilst devouring a box of crumpets, reading the Daily Telegraph and awiting Big Ben to chime 12 mid-day :(
Now I know how that psychotic Skarmory felt.

TotodileCharizard
12th September 2006, 12:26 AM
lol Team Meanies, what a name I tell ya. The Pokemon were cool, but the name was wrong lol. Still, Gengar and Ekans rocked all. The Medicham was meh. lol oh wellz, I like it how's it based off the games.

Jiggy37
12th September 2006, 12:26 AM
And ear candy, the selection was slightly different than the main series. I believe I heard more woodwinds than in the main series as well as a real bell during the Skarmory battle.At least one of the themes was an orchestral version of some of the PMD in-game music.
Which is a good thing, definitely.

.Bright Side.
12th September 2006, 1:26 AM
Cool they just showed it again=)
Thats a nice part of the day.

ashes
12th September 2006, 1:42 AM
Obviously you've never watched an anime episode before, much less a Pokemon one.
I SO watch anime! I watch it all the time. All I ment was that I thought it could have went a bit better. I didn't exactly like there voices, and when they kept jumping in gront of glowing, colorful lines. But other then that I liked it and I do wish there is a sequel.

The Big Al
12th September 2006, 2:41 AM
The glowing lines are is old as Gigantor and Speed Racer and other early animes. Its for effect (like nose bleeds, sweat drops, face faults, cross veins, and other effects of the like).

Chaotic Sneasel
12th September 2006, 3:49 AM
Overall, it deserves a series.

But I still say Ekans should have been replaced by Sneasel!

Ashkihyena
12th September 2006, 5:10 AM
Overall, it deserves a series.

But I still say Ekans should have been replaced by Sneasel!

Nooo not Ekans, I like Ekans better. XD And besides, the team in the game was Gengar, Ekans and the third one I can't ever remember, no Sneasels, heh.

.Bright Side.
12th September 2006, 5:18 AM
It was Medicham...

Ashkihyena
12th September 2006, 5:19 AM
Thank you. >.>;;; I always keep calling her her previouse form, Meditate, do'h.

Savvao
12th September 2006, 5:21 AM
Is it on youtube yet?

Ashkihyena
12th September 2006, 5:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfMGNgu0dEg (first part)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1qRCk4FlBA&mode=related&search= (second part)

Savvao
12th September 2006, 5:57 AM
That was awsome.

.Bright Side.
12th September 2006, 2:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfMGNgu0dEg (first part)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1qRCk4FlBA&mode=related&search= (second part)

You stole form my Sig...

Ashkihyena
12th September 2006, 5:05 PM
Not really, I checked on YouTube myself, I have them saved on my page, and I copied the URLs from there, I didn't do anything from your sig.

Bliksem
14th September 2006, 5:59 AM
I keep watching this show over and over. I adore EVERYTHING about it! Now that I heard the 'Gee, thanks' from Ekans, I realize that being called 'Arbok' might have been purposeful. There was another error, but I can overlook that as well. *sighs* I hope this becomes a mini-series like so many others.

Favorite Characters: Charmander, Squirtle, Skarmory and the Kecleon Brothers. Especially the Kecleon brothers. Those of you saying they're gay, well, who cares? They're still the most awesome voices I've ever heard. I could even hear a bit of a lispe, which was a great touch. The voices almost all fit, though Pichu makes me want to kill him, and Pikachu's voice had me do a quadruple-take. And Squirtle just makes me want to hug him! Charmander sounds like the cool-kid in town ^^;

Knight_Ram
14th September 2006, 10:09 AM
Is there going to be another episode? I actually thought it was pretty good for the games advertising, but yeah dont you think it was a bit like digimon...

JONNO.FRESH
14th September 2006, 1:26 PM
I loved it. I want Dungeon so much now. Hope theres more

Ashkihyena
14th September 2006, 4:39 PM
I still think that when Ekans said "gee, thanks" it wasn't referring to Gengar calling him Arbok, I think that was a mistake that doesn't happen again if they do make another show (which I do hope they do.)

mrbrightside69
14th September 2006, 4:56 PM
I still think that when Ekans said "gee, thanks" it wasn't referring to Gengar calling him Arbok, I think that was a mistake that doesn't happen again if they do make another show (which I do hope they do.)

I think it was just a common mistake they overlooked, just as an episode when they asked who does arbok evolve into, I mean it was a tiny mistake but personally i think the episode was a bit corny, i mean it's good for sales for the upcoming game, which i will purchase, but it was lacking a certain soemthing, I don't think they should make another episode.

SheWhoLovesPineapples
16th September 2006, 5:29 PM
Ah...

Sorry, but to me, it just seemed like a thirty-minute commercial. I'm sure I would've appreciated it more if I'd played the games, though. "Team Meanies" is a really stupid name. And in the end, nothing was resolved. Sure, they got Pikachu and Pichu (who, I agree, should've been able to rescue themselves), but does Squirtle turn back into a human? Does he even TRY? He just turns into a Pokemon and... hardly even cares? We've never even heard his human name. We don't even know why he turns into a Pokemon in the first place. Or what the heck is causing all those problems, either.

*UNLESS* this is going to be a mini-series, I think it was just... meh. Definitely pointless advertising.

If it was a mini-series, ignore that...

Team Rocket Admin
17th September 2006, 3:56 AM
I didn't see it, how bad did the new VA's mess up Charmander's voice?

Flamethrower Charizard
17th September 2006, 3:59 AM
Its on Youtube guys!
I thought the voices were alright, bar Pikachu, Pichu and Medichan. (It was a bit of a surprise that it was a girl.)

Bliksem
17th September 2006, 6:50 AM
I didn't see it, how bad did the new VA's mess up Charmander's voice?
They didn't. Charmander has one of the best voices.

TotodileCharizard
17th September 2006, 8:17 AM
Yeah, Charmander was one of the best voices xD I loved his laugh. Gah, that mistake with Ekans's name got me mad though.....oh well, Gah, could've done a background on the Squirtle before he got turned into a Pokemon.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
19th September 2006, 2:43 AM
I really enjoyed this special.

I loved all of the voices, and the animation was very good.
Team Meanies Rocks I have become a fan of them.
It looked to me like something was controlling/influencing Skarmory, it's eyes were glowing red, untill after Go Getters defeated it... It really seems like there will be more episodes.
well I think she was mind controlled just like a genger, tyranitar, and a alakazam in the cover for pokemon mystery dungeon blue

Manaphy Master
23rd September 2006, 7:44 AM
You know, if I were five I'd probably like this episode, but as a woman in her late twenties all I'd have to say is... YIKES. It's not a dubbing issue (since I like the dub), but it's the fact that it's so geared toward little kids. I feel like I'm watching Sesame Street or something. I like that normally Pokemon may skew younger but at least has enough material and pop culture references to keep an older audience like me entertained. This special just made me want to change the channel (unfortunately it's taped anyway).

As far as the special goes, it was interesting to hear pokemon speak. I think Pikachu had WAY too low a voice, even though it was supposed to be male, since he is an electric rat after all.
Overall, 2/10.

What is with you?
it was Great!
I can't wait for the next one!:club:

Judai Yuki
23rd September 2006, 7:50 AM
Chikorita was shafted.

-Judai

PikaPower!
24th September 2006, 2:40 AM
I saw this on YouTube. Search for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Special.

It's Ekans not Arbok, Gengar. What next?
Fools.

;201-p; ;201-i; ;201-k; ;201-a; ;201-p; ;201-o; ;201-w; ;201-e; ;201-r;

;025; ;025; ;025; ;025; ;025; ;025; ;025; ;025; ;025; ;025; ;025; ;025; ;025;

Team Rocket Admin
25th September 2006, 1:29 AM
They didn't. Charmander has one of the best voices.
That's a relief, when do they show it again? I have to see it! Was the voice actually the old VA dub or was it a new one?

Serebii and celibi
25th September 2006, 1:32 AM
It was great i even rec it.

Battra
25th September 2006, 4:00 AM
I thought it was good, I found a couple of the voices annoying, the Ekans being called Arbok didn't really bother me a whole lot. All in Al i give it a 3 out of 5

Serebii and celibi
25th September 2006, 11:44 PM
oh yeah did i mention IT,S GOING TO BE A REAL SHOW i mean the ending gave it away.

PDL
26th September 2006, 1:54 AM
Why can't the main pokémon anime be more like this?

Pokémon are far more interesting then human characters :p

CyberCubed
26th September 2006, 1:55 AM
I'm surprised with how closely they stuck to the game.

I want to see the Alakazam/Tyranitar/Charizard team from the games, as well as the Zapdos encounter now.

Jonouchi
30th September 2006, 9:37 PM
Wow. This was unexpected

"Go, EKANS!!!"

Wasn't it Arbok before. Can't believe they actually fixed it.

Blue Sea Dragoon
30th September 2006, 9:39 PM
So, will there be next episode?

TotodileCharizard
30th September 2006, 9:44 PM
I can't believe they fixed it! O-M-G!

"Go! Ekans!"

OmiGrovyle! *spazzes* I mean....it was good to see it again, now that I recognize all the background music xD

HoennMaster
4th October 2006, 5:49 AM
Ok, I've looked all over the net for the cast and the onyl ones I can find are:

Gengar - Jimmy Zoppi
Baby Kanga - Sarah Natochenny
Medicham - Sarah N.

Does anyone know the rest?

.Bright Side.
5th October 2006, 3:58 AM
Is there series confirmed yet? I've searched all over the freakin web adn still no luck.

Illmakeyoufaint
5th October 2006, 10:43 PM
will this ever come on again?

TotodileCharizard
7th October 2006, 6:05 AM
No one really knows if it's going to be a continuing series, I sure hope it is though....Give me something to watch for once.

Manaphy Master
7th October 2006, 5:34 PM
so far it looks like no.

PikaPower!
11th October 2006, 10:22 AM
I'm just glad they're finally giving us a chance to look at what pokemon do when they aren't being caught. :D

Rex Kamex
18th October 2006, 10:17 PM
The pros:

- Pretty good voice acting for the most part

Yeah, it was cool to hear the voices of the Pokemon, and most of them fit their personalities anyway. (It was great for me personally, since my Pokiman is all about talking Pokemon.)

- It got me quite interested in purchasing the Mystery Dungeon games for myself

Me too. In fact, since I taped the special, I watched it again just before I got a copy of Red Rescue Team myself.

The cons:
- PUSA misidentified Ekans as Arbok? That doesn't bode very well...

Good thing they fixed it. Still, it's even more shocking that the PUSA dub misidentified a Pokemon than 4Kids.

- Hot dang, Pichu's voice was annoying

Agreed. I bet Pikachu let himself get taken by Skarmory. XD

- I kinda saw the Water Gun revalation coming a mile away

Me too.

I certainly don't regret watching it, that's for darn sure.

Same here.

Okay, I'm gonna rereview. (I haven't responded in this thread before, but I have more to say.)

Oh snap! The kid became a Pokemon!

Pichu. Get a new voice.

"Team Meanies"?! Nobody calls themselves Team Meanies! You don't hear about any gangs in the news called the Meanies! I don't need a reminder that this is a kids' show! XD

I loved Gengar's line that went, "Say, I think I hear Pikachu's voice coming from in there!" I just thought it was so funny how obvious he was lying due to his grin, and it was funny how dense Pichu was.

Squirtle, nobody cares about your stupid, pretty, CGI bubbles.

"Gengar and friends- they're called Team Meanies" reminds me of the name "Garfield and Friends". I couldn't help but smile to hearing the two Keckleon say this line in unison and with a monotone.

OF COURSE Squirtle uses Water Gun during the climax of the special.

Skarmory's "nice" voice scared the living daylights out of me.

Wait... only certain Pokemon can talk? Sorry, Shroomish.

"Hey, I think you just grew up a level, Charmander" was the most awkward line I had ever heard in all of Pokemon. Especially since it came from Pikachu.

Why did Skarmory take Pikachu?

I'll add more later.

stoopidmahn
22nd October 2006, 10:52 PM
i liked the special, it was cool how it was like the game!!!

blazikenXD
25th October 2006, 7:41 PM
sorry if this has been posted before but is this going to be a sereis

Rex Kamex
26th October 2006, 12:04 AM
Another problem I had with the special is that they seemed to try and squeeze in the content of a half hour special into thirty minutes.

sorry if this has been posted before but is this going to be a sereis

There isn't any confirmation on a series, and the makers of the show show no sign of starting one any time soon, which is a real shame actually.

♥Princess Ketchum♥
31st October 2006, 2:03 PM
i loved this special and pikachu's voice was perfect :D

Serebii and celibi
4th November 2006, 5:51 PM
I Think it will be a series because the ending said To Be Continued.

Umbreon_moon
18th November 2006, 2:39 AM
It was kinda cheesy, I mean how they made the voices but the plot was good but the overdramatic thing (after they put on the scarfs and posed) was really annoying, like they expect us to say 'that is so cool how they did that' but failed. Bad. Very bad. I'll shut up now.

Pacman
21st November 2006, 6:19 AM
It was OK. I don't like how all the cool Pokemon are always the bad ones.

KojiroJames2006
14th December 2006, 9:11 PM
I think you should know that the new dub cast worked on this ep. Sarah Natochenny was the voice of the baby Khangaskan and Medicham. She even said so on her MySpace page.

CabbyFish
24th December 2006, 3:55 AM
I know Whiscash was voiced by Ken Gates, Gengar was Jimmy Zoppi, Kayzie Rogers was Squirtle, Michelle Knotz was Chikorita, Sarah Natochenny was Medicham and Baby Kangaskhan, and I think Bill Rogers was at least Snubbul (maybe even Ekans).

pkmnfreak75
21st June 2007, 11:57 PM
It was the greatest! to bad there was only one. But if miracle strikes me, ther will be one based on PMD 2 ! :)

d_dan_n
7th April 2008, 7:36 PM
I liked the game so i thought this was great!

NES
26th May 2008, 10:01 AM
Wow i watched this now and i seriously think this is better than the regular episodes, they were fun and the pokemon had better personalities than some human trainers...

That Skarmory is nuts!.

lightdash
30th May 2008, 7:34 AM
One episode and it gives a good introduction. I certainly liked how the music from the game is used.

Battra
3rd September 2008, 3:46 PM
Watching it again it's still a nice special based off the games and it's a nice change of pace from the main series, in fact it could probably do well as a spin off series if they ever decided to do that.

Littlemyuu
8th July 2009, 11:12 PM
I love this episode!
but Pikachu's dutch voice sonds really adult imo :P

pokedexfiller
13th September 2009, 8:39 PM
i thought this was a series at first and i was mad when it wasnt one! but it was reall good, even on mysd i named my team go getters!

Vernikova
10th October 2009, 12:48 AM
Watching this special again, it reminds me how much I found Big Brother Pikachu's voice. It was pretty funny since he sounded, like, a teenager or something. Thankfully these are just special episodes.

Battra
10th October 2009, 8:50 PM
It's so weird watching Pokemon other than Meowth act & talk like a human. Watching this for a 3rd time I noticed that the Shroomish are the only Pokemon in this that act like normal Pokemon, I wonder some Pokemon are still wild & have yet to evolve to act like the Pokemon in the village, it's a world that certainly deserves to be investigated further.

Lorde
3rd January 2010, 11:04 AM
It was sooo cute and by far, my favorite of the three-part series.

The voices went well with the Pokemon. I especially likes Pikachu's voice. Pichu's was a little annoying but it worked I guess.

The story was rushed though. I felt like we should have seen more of the actual dungeons and not just the battle. 6/10

Ash-kid
6th January 2010, 10:06 AM
Great Mystery Dungeon episode.

I loved to see Chikorita with the kanto pokemon like Charmander and Squirtle working together.

7/10

NimhShambler
29th April 2010, 7:58 AM
Well, I've not watched this episode, but I've looked at the pictures on Serebii.net

Meh, looks okay...especially since I know you can understand the pokes in this. Happy to find out that the Medicham is female (though it looks male in the pictures....casque is too big...) like my Medicham, Effie.

;308; Nemmeh ;107;

Piplup-Luv
25th November 2010, 12:08 AM
I loved this episode but the one downfall I find dissapointing is the fact it said 'To be continued' when they didn't continue it like the PMD2 special did.

But I loved the episode alot^^

G50
1st March 2011, 7:48 PM
This special was very cool. Not as good as the other 2 Mystery Dungeon specials, but still very good. It was cool to see a real Anime version of the games. I actually like the special better than the games. They definitely used the overall storyline, and used Exp. for learning attacks. Team Meanies is a very odd name... It was cool to see Charmander using Metal Claw. It's awesome hearing the Pokemon speak English in this special. Skarmory was definitely 1 crazy Pokemon. I like the name Team Go-Getters.

76/100

hawkmbl
26th April 2011, 3:02 AM
It was a moderately good special to me, not nearly as good as the Other PMD ones though, as I think those were actually made for a series (By that I mean a 2 part), as it seems this one was a promotional advertisement episode (Keep in mind this was made by PUSA, not Nintendo of Japan).

Something weird I noticed is on the rescuer's guide it said "Pokemon mystery dungeon TV show", so maybe this was intended to be a series? If so it would be awesome. I thought Pikachu's (older) voice sounded like tracy though...

ChikoritaCheezits
31st July 2011, 4:59 AM
I liked this special but when it said To Be Continued I thought it was going to be a side series but it could just be them so used to saying to be continued from each episode in the anime and I remember being so excited about hearing about this and the pokemon talking 9/10

kmyeakel
3rd May 2013, 9:07 AM
Best Pokemon Special ever. Pokemon talking, helping together. Charmander was used. Everything about it was awesome, expect the "To Be continued," it should've gone to part 2 in where what happened next to the go getters, or they should have put at the end. "next time, a new beginning (Involving Piplup, Chimchar, and Sunflora) 9/10