PDA

View Full Version : Rate my Emerald Team

Swampert_57717
8th September 2006, 11:54 PM
;260; Hey everybody. I've recently joined the forums and I saw this "rate team" thing and I decided to join. I'm actually a veteran of the Pokemon series. Anyways, here's the team I'm using on Emerald. Please tell me what you think. Oh, and yes, I don't have any legendaries on my team. I try not to have any. But anyways, here they are.

Swampert (Muddy Lv. 100)
Surf
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Rock Slide

Tyranitar (Tyrany Lv. 100)
Crunch
Aerial Ace
Earthquake
Ancientpower

Exeggutor (Eggie Lv. 100)
Sunny Day
Solarbeam
Psychic
Sludge Bomb

Arcanine (Arc-9 Lv. 100)
Fire Blast
Hidden Power (Grass)
Crunch
Extremespeed

Gardevoir (EnGarde Lv. 100)
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Fire Punch
Ice Punch

Pinsir (Killer Lv. 100)
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Brick Break
Bulk Up

I realize my team isn't perfect, and I can do better than this. For example, I wanted to give my Swampert a Flying-type Hidden Power. Because my Swampert's ATK is ridiculously high, I figured it would work better than Ice Beam. And Exeggutor would benefit from HP Fire, but I couldn't get it. I'm not THAT concerned about the Hidden Power, but it would be nice. This may look like what a beginner would give his Pokemon, but to be honest, this team DOES work. It's gotten me through numerous fights on the Battle Frontier and I know they can hold their own. I did use certain moves like Bulk Up for Pinsir since he kinda had a filler move. Fury Cutter might be an option... maybe. And Sunny Day for my Exeggutor to fix its otherwise embarrassing speed problem. And again, that also deals a problem for my team ace, and you guessed it, Swampert. As Solarbeams can just tear her (yeah, mine's a girl) up.

So yeah, feel free to comment, but please don't completely knock it. I've been through numerous battles with some extremely tough trainers, and they've gotten out of almost all of them alive.

Somebody
9th September 2006, 12:00 AM
;260; Hey everybody. I've recently joined the forums and I saw this "rate team" thing and I decided to join. I'm actually a veteran of the Pokemon series. Anyways, here's the team I'm using on Emerald. Please tell me what you think. Oh, and yes, I don't have any legendaries on my team. I try not to have any. But anyways, here they are.

Swampert (Muddy Lv. 100)
Curse
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Rest

Rock Slide
Earthquake
Dragon Dance
Taunt

Sunny Day
Solarbeam
Psychic
Sleep Powder

Arcanine (Arc-9 Lv. 100)
Fire Blast
Hidden Power (Grass)
Crunch
Extremespeed

Psychic
Thunderbolt
Calm Mind
Will-o-wisp

Pinsir (Killer Lv. 100)
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Brick Break/HP:Bug
Swords Dance
HP:bug is best if you can get it.

I realize my team isn't perfect, and I can do better than this. For example, I wanted to give my Swampert a Flying-type Hidden Power. Because my Swampert's ATK is ridiculously high, I figured it would work better than Ice Beam. And Exeggutor would benefit from HP Fire, but I couldn't get it. I'm not THAT concerned about the Hidden Power, but it would be nice. This may look like what a beginner would give his Pokemon, but to be honest, this team DOES work. It's gotten me through numerous fights on the Battle Frontier and I know they can hold their own. I did use certain moves like Bulk Up for Pinsir since he kinda had a filler move. Fury Cutter might be an option... maybe. And Sunny Day for my Exeggutor to fix its otherwise embarrassing speed problem. And again, that also deals a problem for my team ace, and you guessed it, Swampert. As Solarbeams can just tear her (yeah, mine's a girl) up.

So yeah, feel free to comment, but please don't completely knock it. I've been through numerous battles with some extremely tough trainers, and they've gotten out of almost all of them alive.
asdfghjkl;'

howdodo
9th September 2006, 4:19 AM
Swampert@lefties
Sassy/Relaxed
-Surf
-Rock Slide/Ice Beam/HP Flying
-EQ
-Curse

Tyranitar@lefties
Adamant
-Rock Slide
-EQ
-DD/T Wave
-Flamethrower/Ice Beam/T Bolt/Crunch/HP Bug/Aerial Ace

Exeggutor@lefties
Modest
-Sunny Day
-Solarbeam
-Psychic/HP Fire
-Leech Seed

Arcanine@lefties/white herb
Adamant
-Flamethrower/Fire Blast/Overheat
-Aerial Ace
-Dig/HP [Ground,Fighting]
-Extremespeed

Gardevoir@lefties
Timid
-Psychic
-Calm Mind
-WoW
-T Bolt

Pinsir@lefties
Adamant
-EQ
-Brick Break
-Swords Dance
-HP Bug/Rock Slide

Heracross should replace Pinsir,but thats your choice. Also,Arcanine isnt needed here with Swampert and Tyranitar. I suggest another special sweeper instead.

BattlePikeKing140
9th September 2006, 4:57 AM

Swampert (Muddy Lv. 100)
Surf
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Rock Slide

Crunch
Aerial Ace
Earthquake
Rock Slide

Sunny Day
Solarbeam
Psychic
Sludge Bomb

Arcanine (Arc-9 Lv. 100)
Fire Blast
Hidden Power (Grass)
Crunch
Extremespeed

Psychic
Thunderbolt
Fire Punch/Calm Mind
Ice Punch/Calm Mind

Pinsir (Killer Lv. 100)
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Brick Break
Bulk Up/Hidden Power [Bug]

Quite a good team. Go with Calm Mind instead of on of the punches. Preferably Fire Punch. You have an Arcanine, no real use.

miken park
9th September 2006, 5:39 AM
Pinch should have swords dance,