-Discord-
9th September 2006, 3:01 PM
Sandstorm Themed

Tyranitar@Quick Claw
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Crunch
T-Bolt/Return

Meh, T-Tar, Sets up weather change and nulls Lefties.

Swampert@Leftovers
Surf
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Protect

Mixpert. Awesome poke and immune to Sandstorm as well. Not removing this.

Metagross@Scope Lens/Lum Berry
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Agility
Sludge Bomb

Excellent and immune to Sandstorm.

Major EQ Weak here, what should I use to fix it?

Swampert_57717
9th September 2006, 5:07 PM
Sandstorm Themed

Tyranitar@Quick Claw
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Crunch
T-Bolt/Return

Meh, T-Tar, Sets up weather change and nulls Lefties.

Swampert@Leftovers
Surf
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Protect

Mixpert. Awesome poke and immune to Sandstorm as well. Not removing this.

Metagross@Scope Lens/Lum Berry
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Agility
Sludge Bomb

Excellent and immune to Sandstorm.

Major EQ Weak here, what should I use to fix it?

Thank you for Swampert's moveset. Seriously, thank you! Everybody always says to give him Curse & Rest! You've got the right idea. And Protect helps SO much if the opponent tries a Solarbeam! Actually, if you have the patience, try to see if Swampert can get HP Flying. Only reason is that it should deliver more damage if you're one-on-one with a Grass-type. For Metagross, HP Ice/Grass/Water or if you don't want to go down that road, get Emerald, go to the Battle Frontier and get a move tutor to teach it Ice Punch (you need 48 BP). Your Tyranitar looks fine for the most part. The one thing I'd think I'd change about it is to give it Aerial Ace, and once again, in case you are forced to fight a Fighting-type. This way you might be able to kill it before it unleashes all heck on you. Hm... If you really want a bit more balance in the Sandstorm team, might I suggest Cacturne? Its offensive stats are amazing, although its defenses aren't the best. However in Sandstorm, realizing it's an infinite Sandstorm, it'll have a great evasion boost. Give it Double Team to further increase it and you can be reckless with this thing. Leech Seed would also be a great addition, but it's just my opinion. As you can tell by my typing here, lol, you do have a lot of options with what you can do with the Sandstorm theme.

-Discord-
9th September 2006, 5:18 PM
Thank you for Swampert's moveset. Seriously, thank you! Everybody always says to give him Curse & Rest! You've got the right idea. And Protect helps SO much if the opponent tries a Solarbeam! Actually, if you have the patience, try to see if Swampert can get HP Flying. Only reason is that it should deliver more damage if you're one-on-one with a Grass-type. For Metagross, HP Ice/Grass/Water or if you don't want to go down that road, get Emerald, go to the Battle Frontier and get a move tutor to teach it Ice Punch (you need 48 BP). Your Tyranitar looks fine for the most part. The one thing I'd think I'd change about it is to give it Aerial Ace, and once again, in case you are forced to fight a Fighting-type. This way you might be able to kill it before it unleashes all heck on you. Hm... If you really want a bit more balance in the Sandstorm team, might I suggest Cacturne? Its offensive stats are amazing, although its defenses aren't the best. However in Sandstorm, realizing it's an infinite Sandstorm, it'll have a great evasion boost. Give it Double Team to further increase it and you can be reckless with this thing. Leech Seed would also be a great addition, but it's just my opinion. As you can tell by my typing here, lol, you do have a lot of options with what you can do with the Sandstorm theme.

Curse/Rest works quite well, I've used him before. I like Mixpert. Sorry but I'm not coming to the HP, the HP has to come to me, and besides my Swampert is a male, it can't breed. Like my HP Water Alakazam/ HP Ice Raikou. Also that means I can do nothing to Salamence/Flygon/Altaria, if I use HP Fly. So I'll take IB.

I may put AA on Tar only because Heracross is a *****.

Sorry can't get Tutors. This is Sapphire.

I do like Cacturne, but I like using pokemon with only good defenses, Cacturne dies fast.

Thats why I use SandStorm teams, good weather effect, great versatility in pokemon choice since Rock/Ground/Steel usually has dual types/ Also it's fun and lets me use my three avorites in one team in synchronization. Swampert, Tyranitar and Metagross.

Freakshow
9th September 2006, 6:39 PM
TTar @ Lum
Trait: SS
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Subsitute/Taunt/Thunder Wave/Ice Beam

Swampert is fine. Rest is better IMO though

Metagross @ CB
Trait: Clear Body
Adamant nature (+Atk, -Satk)
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Rock Slide/Sludge Bomb
I suppose you can get Explosion; you have Tyranitar, which means unless you got it in a trade with a friend, you should be able to teach Meta Explosion

-Discord-
9th September 2006, 7:12 PM
I got Tar in a trade. I guess I could trade Meta to my friend and he can get boom on meta and trade it back, I'll give a DD Sala, for it I guess.

Problem with Tar is that I meet with Machamp/Hariyama/Heracross a LOT. All my teams usually end up very slow. I have an Aerodactyl, should I use it? Though without tutors it pretty much sucks.

Shadow Tyranitar
9th September 2006, 7:26 PM
also with cacturne and tt in double-battle......

Cacturne@brightpowder(added evasion)
bold or calm nature

toxic
leech seed
double-team
spikes

........with ttar's sand stream + brightpowder + double-team,it = almost always opponent's moves miss.

firewater
9th September 2006, 7:57 PM
that cacturne is trashed by AA, here's a m/s though

Cacturne
sub
FP
needle arm
t-punch

-Discord-
9th September 2006, 8:49 PM
Meh, I don't really like Cacturne in general. Also I have been doing further playing with this team, and it has been doing great. The sandstorm hurts every team I have faced so far for damage that stacks up, and all my pokemon are power hitters so they can support eachother. Against a fighter, I'll use Gross/Pert or T-Tars AA. Against grassers, I have gross to resist and Sludge Bomb it back. Against fire, I have pert, but ground is a problem, but not an extreme problem, I usually take out pokemon using EQ quickly.