PDA

View Full Version : Hoenn Starter Team!

Shadow Tyranitar
9th September 2006, 8:55 PM
Ok,just finished up my last emerald team yesterday (going to pokemon xd),and now I've already started up a new team.It will be good.This team is in emerald.No need to post items right now,as I'm too early in the game.They were in the old emerald(that is how they got some BP moves and LMs),I traded them to ruby,erased emerald, then traded them back.The natures I wanted were pretty easy to get (only about 60 eggs,total).I'm about to fight Roxanne.I need help with ev spread.

Treecko-L 11
modest nature

Crunch
leech seed
quick attack(will be leaf blade)
absorb(will be t-punch)

Torchic-L 7
adamant nature

scratch(will be bb)
counter(will be aa)
swords dance
focus energy(will be eq)
(please don't suggest ENDREVKIN!!!)
Mudkip-L 14
(I have all the natures for him,which one is best)

surf
ice beam
water gun(will be eq)
tackle(will be rockslide)
(please don't suggest CURSEPERT!!!)
Zangoose(I don't have this guy yet,but here is how he will be when I get him)
Adamant nature

shadow ball
swords dance
bb
return

Raichu(same thing with zangoose)
(what is a good nature for him)

Charge
Volt Tackle
bb
HP grass

Skarmory(same thing with raichu)
Adamant/Calm/Bold nature???

spikes
toxic
Drill Peck
double-team

So,will this team be good?

blaziken05
9th September 2006, 9:38 PM
Ok,just finished up my last emerald team yesterday (going to pokemon xd),and now I've already started up a new team.It will be good.This team is in emerald.No need to post items right now,as I'm too early in the game.They were in the old emerald(that is how they got some BP moves and LMs),I traded them to ruby,erased emerald, then traded them back.The natures I wanted were pretty easy to get (only about 60 eggs,total).I'm about to fight Roxanne.I need help with ev spread.

Treecko-L 11
modest/Timid nature

Substitute
leech seed
leaf blade
t-punch

Sub helps the seed-stalling

Torchic-L 7
adamant nature

Sky Uppercut/Brick Break
Overheat/Fire Blast
swords dance
Rock Slide
(please don't suggest ENDREVKIN!!!)

Blaziken really wants STAB, especially with Blaze. Rock Slide+Fighting move hits all EQ does except Muk and Seviper, and hits most things harder. Save the EQ TM for something that needs it more
Mudkip-L 14
(I have all the natures for him,which one is best)
With Skarmory but no real special sponge, Sassy would be best IMO.

surf
ice beam
eq
Rest
(please don't suggest CURSEPERT!!!)
Cursepert isn't great ingame. But Ice beam + Surf hits what Rock slide does, and Rest lets this be the special sponge you need

Zangoose(I don't have this guy yet,but here is how he will be when I get him)
Adamant nature

shadow ball
swords dance
bb
return

Looks fine

Raichu(same thing with zangoose)
(what is a good nature for him)

Charge
Volt Tackle
bb
HP grass

Let's compare Charge and Electric move to Electric move (Thunderbolt here).

1st Turn: Charge (0 power) or Thunderbolt (95 power)
2nd Turn: Charged T-bolt (190 power) or Thunderbolt (95 power)

The total is the same, but you're more likely to do a crit once by attacking twice and you could be killed before attacking the second turn. Volt Tackle is pretty suicidal as well. I'm a fan of subpunching on this, which would mean Sub, Punch, Thunderbolt, HP Grass. I know there's a wish set, too, but I don't know the actual set.

Skarmory(same thing with raichu)
Impish

spikes
Rest[b]
Drill Peck
[b]Roar

Spikes without Roar won't do much.
So,will this team be good?

Looks pretty good

Shadow Tyranitar
9th September 2006, 9:52 PM
I don't need to save anything when I use the emerald dup. trick.
Yeah,cursepurt sucks ingame,that is mainly the reason I put ''don't suggest it''.
I'll make it all that way except not having eq on blaziken,because that,again,can be copied.And I won't have fire blast on him;too risky IMO,so I'll just have flamethrower.
Subseeding Sceptile,I like that idea.
Yeah,I was thinking roar on skarmory,but then I thought,what if I switch out for something powerful and just kill the opponent,so the next opponent comes out and gets hurt,but that wastes a turn and stuff so I thought just go with roar........Thanks Alot for the help..........