PDA

View Full Version : Help With My Team

Tyranimence
11th September 2006, 1:06 AM
Well, here it is, but I'm having some trouble with the 6th slot. Oh, and by the way, its Sapphire, so I can't get any tutored moves and only one of each tm.

Slaking
Body Slam (No double-edge, might eventually replace with return)
EQ
Shadow Ball
Brick Break (This over Focus Punch just because I don't really understand how Slaking would use focus punch with truant allowing for another attack)

Milotic
Surf
Ice Beam
Recover
Mirror Coat (Not a big fan of hypnosis's accuracy)

Lanturn
(Thunder)Bolt
(Ice)Beam
Surf
Rest / Thunder Wave

Gardevoir
Psychic
Calm Mind
Magical Leaf
Thunderbolt?

Salamence
Arial Ace
Crunch
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower

Yes, I know, he makes a much better physical attacker. But EQ TM's already on Slaking and Rock Slide requires a tutor. Plus, I needed flying/dark/fire moves, and dragon claw is nice to have in there too.

For a sixth slot, I was thinking of Rhydon or Aggron:
Rhydon
Rock Slide/Blast (?)
EQ
Take Down (Can't get double-edge)
Megahorn

Maybe add iron tail or swords dance somewhere in here? EQ and normal are already covered.

Aggron
Brick Break
Iron Tail
Double-Edge
EQ

Thanks!

Shadow Tyranitar
11th September 2006, 1:42 AM
Well, here it is, but I'm having some trouble with the 6th slot. Oh, and by the way, its Sapphire, so I can't get any tutored moves and only one of each tm.

Slaking@choice band/leftovers
Body Slam (No double-edge, might eventually replace with return)hyper beam is better,in this guy's case
EQ
Shadow Ball
Brick Break (This over Focus Punch just because I don't really understand how Slaking would use focus punch with truant allowing for another attack)

Milotic
Surf
Ice Beam
Recover
Mirror Coat (Not a big fan of hypnosis's accuracy)

Lanturn
Thunderbolt
Ice Beamsurf
Surfconfuse ray
Rest / Thunder Waveeither 1 works

Gardevoir
Psychic
Calm Mind
Magical Leafhow did you get this move?He doesn't learn it.Are you cheating?
Thunderboltyes.he learns it

Salamence
Arial Ace
Cruncheq is an option of balance
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower

Yes, I know, he makes a much better physical attacker. But EQ TM's already on Slaking and Rock Slide requires a tutor. Plus, I needed flying/dark/fire moves, and dragon claw is nice to have in there too.

Rhydonthis guy's sp def sucks.Don't go with him
Rock Slide/Blast (?)
EQ
Take Down (Can't get double-edge)
Megahorn

Maybe add iron tail or swords dance somewhere in here? EQ and normal are already covered.

Aggronthis is the better 1,as it isn't as sp def weak
Brick Break
Iron Tail
Double-Edge
EQ

Thanks!I did some small dismemberments to your team (gross)

Somebody
11th September 2006, 1:58 AM

Slaking
Return (No double-edge, might eventually replace with return)
EQ
Shadow Ball
Don't use Hyper Beam, after you use it you can't switch, so anything can come and beat the crap out of you. Focus Punch is used in competitive play to hit skarm on the switch with a powerful focus punch but in-game it doesn't matter.
Milotic
Surf
Ice Beam
Rest
Sleep Talk(Not a big fan of hypnosis's accuracy)

Lanturn
(Thunder)Bolt
(Ice)Beam
Toxic/Thunder Wave
Rest/Confuse Ray

Gardevoir
Psychic
Calm Mind
Will-o-wisp
Thunderbolt

Salamence
Aerial Ace
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Dragon Dance

Rhydon
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Megahorn
physical filler
Hold Choice Band.

Aggron
Substitute
Rock Slide
Focus Punch
Thunder Wave
Thanks!
I'd prefer Rhydon>Aggron. And Shadow Tyranitar, Gardevoir can learn Magical Leaf, though it's still a shitty move anyway.

Tyranimence
11th September 2006, 1:59 AM
Magical leaf isn't cheating. Evolve Ralts to Kirlia. Go to the heart tutoring guy, and he can teach your Kirlia magical leaf. According to some of the online (trusted) pokedexs, Kirlia learns magical leaf at lv 0 (I haven't tried it, though, so they might just be wrong. Plus, I've never used a cheating device in my life, nor would I if I had the chance).

Also, could someone explain Hyperbeam and Focus Punch on Slaking to me. Wouldn't it screw him up taking four turns for one attack?

EDIT: Sorry, I was posting while you were. But still, wouldn't they take 4 turns for one attack? Also, its sapphire, so I can't get sleep talk or rock slide. Plus, EQ's already on Slaking, so I can't breed it onto Salamence (this team hasn't been made yet, but one it is). Not to mention Aggron couldn't learn Sub or RS.

Shadow Tyranitar
11th September 2006, 2:17 AM
oh,my bad.I didn't say it was cheating.I just thought you wer cheating because I don't see it in the eg moves or anywhere else.....

Hyper beam wastes a turn.Slaking has the worst ability,truant,which makes him move only 1 every 2 turns.Using this,the turn is just skipped anyway.focus punch + yawn.Slaking yawns 1st turn,then truant,so he doesn't move,opponent falls asleep on this turn,you initiate focus punch,next turn,you hit the foe.......thats how I use it anyway (never works competitive battle,trust me)

Frost Nova
11th September 2006, 2:46 AM
Slaking@Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast

Ingame Slaking really only needs the first three moves. Focus Punch without Sub or Spore isn't as useful ingame due to the practical non existence of switching.

Milotic@lefties
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Rest / Recover
- Sleep Talk / Hypnosis / Toxic

ReSTalking Milotic's great. Absorbs physical hits like nothing especially when Rest's up. Mirror Coat isn't going to deal much damage with Milo's Spec. Def. Toxic is an option if you want to hurt other waters.

Lanturn@lefties
Calm Nature
- T-Bolt
- Ice Beam
- T-Wave / Surf
- Confuse Ray / Rest

Excellent water type with access to two very good status moves, and is one of three pogeys that resist BoltBeam. Surf and Rest are alternatives if you want it to survive more attacks.

Gardevoir@lefties / Lum Berry
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- T-Bolt
- Will-o-Wisp

The elemental punches work well with Gardevoir, but Will-o-Wisp is the prefered choice. Lum Berry works if you have Synchronise, but I find lefties + Trace work better. Magical Leaf is an option for Gardevoir to hit T-Tar on the metagame, but it's highly situational.

Salamence@lefties
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Rock Slide / Fire Blast / Hydro Pump

Best ingame set. Brick Break could be an option over RS, Fire Blast and Hydro Pump get rid of Skarmory and other physical walls. Another set goes like this:

Salamence@lefties
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Claw
- Hydro Pump
- Protect / Crunch

Special Salamence, otherwise known as Elemence. Looks good but is inferior to the physical sets.

Salamence@lefties
Naughty / Rash Nature
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Claw
- Hydro Pump
- Brick Break

Mixmence, designed as a mixed sweeper. Brick Break takes out special walls that might show up but please don't leave this in against bulky waters. A -Spec. Def nature is suggested so that nice Intimidate doesn't go to waste.

I prefer Rhydon actually, but it really is your choice.

Rhydon@Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Megahorn
- Double Edge

Rhydon@lefties
Adamant / Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Substitute / Megahorn