PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Lightning Bolt

klducks
11th September 2006, 11:56 PM
http://resources.wizards.com/Magic/Cards/BD/en-us/Card27255.jpg
Lightning Bolt - Alpha, Beta, Unlimited, Revised, 4th Edition, Anthologies, Beatdown. Common
R: Instant
Lightning Bolt deals 3 damage to target creature or player.

The classic Lightning Bolt. ONE red to deal 3 damage is quite awesome. Nuff said.

The Duck's Rating: 4.75/5

~RaikouRider243~
12th September 2006, 4:35 AM
Downright broken. This + Djinn Illuminatus = gg.

R for the cost, spend RRRRRR replicate, 21 damage bye bye. See why this hasn't been printed since 4th Ed?

5/5

Unlimited Lightning Bolts go for 4 bucks.

Naki Feralkin
12th September 2006, 4:39 AM
The one, the only, the lightning bolt. The one card that caused Wizards to enforce the 4-card only rule (Aside from mana)

Teh basic burn card. 5/5.

The_Darkness_Incarnate
12th September 2006, 5:06 AM
Does a 4.5-5 rating truly NEED explanation here? One mana for a burn 3, which takes everything out besides the things in extremely late game, by which you should have one. The classic burn, in the perfect color. Red Deck Wins anyone? It's also very splashable that the one R, if you have one, I can see no visible reason to not put it in whatever aggro deck you own; besides the fact that it may or may not cause you to run out of gas to soon, and rarely hits the opponent, unlike say, Jackal Pups or Goblin Cohort. I acknowledge it, but it isn't deserving of the 5/5 in my opinion.

4.25/5

Felix Feral Fezirix
12th September 2006, 12:32 PM
This is the first ever burn card. Pretty much nothing went through the creator's head when they made this. This, ladies and gentlemen, is the ultimate in broken burn spells. And also the pioneer of the burn. You cannot deny. End of story.

5/5