PDA

View Full Version : umbreon

brawleyboy
12th September 2006, 12:33 AM
ok so yesterday i was link battling some guy and he sent out a umbreon. he used cures, screech and DOUBLE EDGE and killed all my pokemon so i tried out the set on my umbreon and it works so here it is:

umbreon
curse
screech
moonlight
double edge
@leftovers

Tyranitarphantom
12th September 2006, 12:50 AM
that moveset can work, but on an umbreon an annoyer set usually works best. the set you made, make sure to have a nature that raises attack amd effort raise attack and hp so it can do alot and take a lot of hits. i need to try that on my new eevee. btw how can it lern curse?

WhiteWizard42
12th September 2006, 12:52 AM
curse is one of eevee's egg moves.

and attacking umbreon is pretty laughable. that one gets walled by ghosts/anything that resists normal/anything that can KO it before it gets set up (like heracross).

brawleyboy
12th September 2006, 1:04 AM
dude, this umbreon took dowm my machamp and heracross, but your right about the ghost part

JirachiMan
12th September 2006, 1:08 AM
this belongs in the RMT forum. And most of the time umbreon does not go on the offensive.

Blaziken D.
12th September 2006, 3:10 AM
Great moveset. I need to try it on my next Eevee I breed.

starterlover1
12th September 2006, 5:02 AM
I see that umbreon has caught you by surprise. It is best as an annoyer, though.

brawleyboy
2nd November 2006, 1:43 AM
hes a better one but takes some prediction and skill
umbreon@leftovers
curse
double team
rest
double edge

Robert1559
2nd November 2006, 1:51 AM
the move set needs more offense moves

Ampharos_Spark
2nd November 2006, 2:03 AM
the move set needs more offense moves

No it doesn't. Umbreon doesn't have very good attack and special attack stats but it CAN pull this moveset off if you put the effort into raising it for this moveset but it isn't common for Ubreon to have attacking moves. Umbreon like everyone else said would work better as a deffensive/ annoyer pokemon. An annoyer Umbreon would have moves like Toxic, Moonlight, Substitute, Baton Pass,Taunt, Confuse Ray, Mean Look, Charm, Tickle, Swagger, Endure and Torment. I have an Umbreon on my team and it does fine using toxic to whitle down opponents HP then healing when it gets hit by an attack. Toxic doesn't work on steel types though so you might want to have a back up plan.

RoboRaph
2nd November 2006, 2:30 AM
It need ONE more offensive move.. Screech should be replaced with Shadow Ball for that set.

I agree that a non-attacking set is usually best though.

Comray001
2nd November 2006, 2:51 AM
UMBREON IS NOT USED FOR OFFENSE, IT IS AN ANNOYER!!! Sorry, small rant. I hate it when people use Umbreon as an attacker.

aragornbird
2nd November 2006, 2:56 AM
umbreon@leftovers
curse
double team
rest
double edge

That doesn’t take any prediction or skill. All you do is Double Team and Curse. And it just won’t work. Any trainer who is actually good at battling will switch to a Hazer/Phazer to render that set useless.

Umbreon @Leftovers
Bold Nature
-Mean Look
-Baton Pass
-Wish
-Taunt/Toxic

That set is the standard for a reason. Umbreon’s job is to support the team, not attack.

RoboRaph
2nd November 2006, 3:34 AM
If someone wants to use an attacking Umbreon, let them. It is a fairly effective set, and nice to use in-game.

ManaphyXD
2nd November 2006, 3:38 AM
UMBREON IS NOT USED FOR OFFENSE, IT IS AN ANNOYER!!! Sorry, small rant. I hate it when people use Umbreon as an attacker.
that guy is right

Hey Micky!
2nd November 2006, 3:43 AM
umbreon@leftovers
curse
double team
rest
double edge
Don't bump dead threads. Warned