PDA

View Full Version : Regice and Regirock

Ballade
12th September 2006, 4:10 AM
Ok, what should Regice and Regirock have?

Regice
@ leftovers
Hasty nature (meh, not too bad, it's still a tank)
Ice Beam
T-wave/EQ (just to piss off electric, fire, and poison types)
Curse
T-bolt

Regirock
@ white herb
Rash nature (mainly a physical tank > specials anyway)
Rock Slide
Superpower
Curse
Earthquake

My idea with these two is that since Regice is a sp. tank, I can use Ice Beam and T-bolt on anything that isn't resistant to both, curse to boost it's def. and to help make EQ piss off even more people with the sheer power and upped strength.

Regirock can abuse curse to jack up it's attack and it's defense while maintaining it's speed (yes, it is slow, but if I end up running into something slower, I don't want to end up on the short end of the stick), and then Superpower any thing that's weak against it without reducing it's insanely high attack and defense. Rockslide and EQ are added to further abuse curse after I run out of Superpower (so that the attack is STILL insanely high)

take note: I don't like exploding Kings (regi is latin for king FYI), so PLEASE don't tell me to add them. I don't care how useful it is, I'd rather have a fighting chance to the end (and besides, they're too slow to be able to use it first > the opponent)

Shadow Tyranitar
12th September 2006, 4:15 AM
Regice@chesto berry
Bold nature

Ice beam
thunderbolt
rest
sleep talk

Regirock@chesto berry
calm nature

EQ
rest
brick break
rockslide

aragornbird
12th September 2006, 4:20 AM
Regice doesn’t have a problem with Electrics and Fires due to its awesome special defense. And EQ can’t hit two of the most common Poison types, Weezing and Crobat. So drop Earthquake for Rest and Curse for Thunder Wave/Toxic/Counter.

Shadow Tyranitar
12th September 2006, 4:26 AM
drop eq 4 2 pokemon?!?!Why do you act like you know everything?Actually,regice does have a problem with fire,bucko,they'll kill him in about 3 turns with ft or fb.Just because he has high sp def doesn't mean ignore them and proceed to fight a fire type.............

aragornbird
12th September 2006, 4:32 AM
Okay, what? I never said drop Earthquake to hit Weezing and Crobat. Please read more carefully next time.

I don’t know everything, but it’s quite apparent that I know more than you do.

I never said Regice should face off against Fire types, I only said that Fire attacks are as big of a problem as the original poster thinks (plus at lot of the time, Fire attacks are used by unSTABed Pokémon).

SwordofAeons
12th September 2006, 6:34 AM
I like:
Regirock-Leftovers
Adamant/Impish Nature
-Rest/Explosion
-Curse
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide

Who would leave Regice in against a fire type?

Plusle Frontier
12th September 2006, 2:20 PM
Regice@chesto berry
Bold nature

Ice beam
thunderbolt
rest
sleep talk
This is okay but Calm is better IMO

Regirock
calm nature
Why Calm nature? It lowers the attack Regirock needs. Go with SwordofAeons on this one.

10 char limit damnit

magnemiteZ
12th September 2006, 4:34 PM
Yeah, your natures are really not very good.
._.

unlucky.

Shadow Tyranitar
12th September 2006, 11:44 PM
Who would leave Regice in against a fire type?
That's what I'm wondering,but this guy acts like he knows everything and thinks everything needs to be argued over.He does know alot,though.......

aragornbird
12th September 2006, 11:49 PM
That's what I'm wondering,but this guy acts like he knows everything and thinks everything needs to be argued over.He does know alot,though.......

For the record, I never ever claimed that I know everything and I do not like arguing. I only give suggestions because that’s what I like to do.

Shadow Tyranitar
12th September 2006, 11:57 PM
Never said you did.You just act like my suggestions in particular suck,even though sometimes they truly do suck..............

Ballade
13th September 2006, 2:04 AM
Um, hello? have any of you read my signature? I'm a Frontier-only trainer. Me no carey about the online-battley or whatever.

Besides:
1. I can't change the natures, and my friend isn't going to go through the trouble just to let me have a Regice and a Regirock that have better ones.

2. I run into more trainers that have Weezing out-side of the Frontier than I do inside. And besides, if I do see Weezing, I'll just switch out to Regirock. I see Gengar? Well, it's Sp. Def. is low enough that an Ice beam or two will send it flying.

3. I already mentioned that I don't like seeing exploding pokemon. One thing that irks me is seeing a pokemon use explode or self-destruct (besides, what if I'm in the area where I can't tell them what to do? what if they decide to use Explode on turn 1?)

4. I mentioned Electric and fire as well as poison, not too many Fire/Flying or Electric/Flying pokemon, or those with leviatate floating around. I can use that to my advantage and take them out (and the first person who thinks of Charizard better realize that this is the Frontier and Regirock would be backing it up anyway)

Now, seeing as how I'm stuck with the natures I've listed, I'm stuck using move-sets that will still benefit them. However, seeing as how the Regi's don't learn too many TMs that can benefit them well, I have to rely on what they can learn and any items that can be of use, which is why I mentioned the white herb + curse + superpower combo.

PatTar
13th September 2006, 4:07 AM
3. I already mentioned that I don't like seeing exploding pokemon. One thing that irks me is seeing a pokemon use explode or self-destruct (besides, what if I'm in the area where I can't tell them what to do? what if they decide to use Explode on turn 1?)

why wouldn't you be able to tell them what to do?

4. I mentioned Electric and fire as well as poison, not too many Fire/Flying or Electric/Flying pokemon, or those with leviatate floating around. I can use that to my advantage and take them out (and the first person who thinks of Charizard better realize that this is the Frontier and Regirock would be backing it up anyway)

EQ on Regice is no good. Use Shadow Tyranitar's set.

aragornbird
13th September 2006, 4:13 AM
why wouldn't you be able to tell them what to do?

Battle Palace has the AI choose your Pokémon’s attacks for you. You can’t choose moves, only switch.

Shadow Tyranitar
13th September 2006, 4:15 AM
Plusle Frontier,bold is better on regice as regice's sp def is already extremely good,and his def is good too,but you can make a better all-around defensive regice with bold nature,but thats just my opinion..........

EDIT:aragornbird and ballade are right.explode in there is very risky,your pokemon might have that suicidal battling style deep back in its head!

PatTar
13th September 2006, 4:18 AM
Battle Palace has the AI choose your Pokémon’s attacks for you. You can’t choose moves, only switch.

oh yeah. i'm really out of it today.

i need a red bull.

Shadow Tyranitar
13th September 2006, 4:30 AM
i need a red bull.
HAHAHA!Don't we all?...............

Ballade
15th September 2006, 1:44 AM
Ok, I've finally decided their move sets and items:

Regirock:
@ White Herb
Superpower
Curse
Rock Slide
EQ

Regice:
@ Shell Bell
Ice Beam
T-Bolt
Curse
EQ

Now, I realized that some of you may not like it, but if you think about it, they're very versitile sets in the Frontier.

However, I have a bigger problem facing me now: Should I just rare candy them to lv. 50? or should I actually go through the trouble of raising them? I just tried to raise my Regirock to lv. 41 (to test drive how well my training is) and apparently, it just got 4 points in health and defense, 2~3 in attack, and 2 everywhere else. I used a rare candy a couple of times, and I ended up with a couple of better results, such as a +5 and a +6 increase in defense and a +4 in atk.

Should I just rare candy them to lv. 50? I mean, I can clone as many as I need, so it wouldn't be too big of a problem to clone 'bout 20 of them.

Shadow Tyranitar
15th September 2006, 5:19 PM
I say just raise them.Regice with EQ,and maybe curse is absolutely retarded.Yeah,I thought about it,and it's still crap.Regirock is fine,but rest on him is also good.............

Ballade
16th September 2006, 2:33 AM
I say just raise them.Regice with EQ,and maybe curse is absolutely retarded.Yeah,I thought about it,and it's still crap.Regirock is fine,but rest on him is also good.............

Hey, I just want EQ on their so I go "ah-ha!" whenever I meet up with any of Regice's weakness'. It's attack may suck, but then again, what other type of special attack can it learn? Besides, since it's slow as hell, I might as well abuse Curse without much to loss since it wouldn't be faster than many other pokemon, and since it's attack AND defense go higher, I just have to max them out and then EQ will be even more powerful. If you can tell me something that jacks up it's defense AND a special attack other than an ice or electric type, then by all means tell me.

As to the raising them, I tried to level Regirock and Regice up a couple of levels and found that rare candying them to level 50 would have the same effect (think about it; their respective stats go up 2~4 in sp./atk and 4~6 in sp./def anyway without having to raise them, while everything else goes up in either 1's or 2's, only their HP is the one stat affected.)

PatTar
16th September 2006, 2:36 AM
it doesn't need more than 2 special attacks. only 3 pogeys resist BoltBeam. it's better off with rest and a filler rather than cure & EQ.

but you don't seem to want to change your mind.

Shadow Tyranitar
16th September 2006, 2:45 AM
curse + EQing regice = dumb idea.Its not as versatile as you think.But why am I even trying to change your mind?

Ballade
16th September 2006, 6:03 AM
Then if you're so smart, then what SHOULD I use instead of EQ and Curse? I only have them there because those are the only things I can think of that Regice can use. If Rest and Thunderwave are better moves, then let me know. Just keep in mind that I want moves that can use it's Sp. Atk well. A saying I've picked up: prove yourself right before making yourself wrong, meaning don't say "omg that move set suxorz lawl!!11" before you come up with something that does NOT involve blowing it up. I know Regice's atk sucks, but instead of saying that the moveset sucks, how about trying to come up with different moves for the sucky ones?

Shadow Tyranitar
16th September 2006, 6:23 AM
Guess what?We already came up with a moveset for regice,instead of just blowing it up.....:

thunderbolt
rest
ice beam
sleep talk

.......and you didn't like our suggestions,so now we blow your thoughts of regice moveset to hell (not the move!)

howdodo
16th September 2006, 7:03 AM
Or

Regice@lefties
Bold
-Ice Beam
-T Bolt
-Rest
-Counter/T Wave/Toxic/Sleep Talk

Alfonc
16th September 2006, 7:08 AM
Regice@Leftovers
Bold nature

Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Rest
Thunder Wave

Counter is another option on Regice.

Regirock@Leftovers
Adamant/Careful/Impish nature

Curse
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Rest/Explosion

Regirock@Choice Band
Adamant nature

Rock Slide
Earthquake
Explosion
Focus Punch

Super Power and Hidden Power:{Bug} are other options for the 4th slot on CB-rock.

Shadow Tyranitar
16th September 2006, 6:00 PM
^regirock just FPing can be hard,though.SP is only good with curse.HP bug isn't that necessary.I recommend BB over FP as they do the same amount of damage over 2 turns and BB is more likely to hit (flinchwise)..............