PDA

View Full Version : Ruby Elite Four Team

Tricky
12th September 2006, 6:58 AM
Well i think i'm under trained cause i'm having alot of trouble with the league.
Anyways opinions on what i should change are welcomed. I have really bad moves >.<

Pikachu Lvl. 42
Thunder
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Quick Attack

Sceptile Lvl. 45
Leaf Blade
Quick Attack
Furry Cutter
Absorb

Swellow Lvl. 38
Aerial Ace
Endeavor
Quick Attack
Wing Attack

Camerupt Lvl. 46
Eruption
Earthquake
Rock Slide
FlameThrower

Glalie Lvl. 42
Crunch
Ice Beam
Blizzard
Headbutt

Cradily Lvl. 48
Ancient Power
Ingrain
Sludge Bomb
Facade

aragornbird
12th September 2006, 9:23 AM
Okay remember this:

Don’t give a Pokémon two attacking moves of the same type.

I'll include suggestions for moves to get after you beat the Elite 4 (shouldn't be too hard).

Pikachu Lvl. 42
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Substitute
Encore

ONLY use Pikachu if you have the Light Ball. If you don't, then evolve it. As a Raichu, you can give it Focus Punch over Encore.

Sceptile Lvl. 45
Leaf Blade
Thunderpunch
Substitute
Dragon Claw

Swellow Lvl. 38
Aerial Ace
Return
Steel Wing
Endure/Substitute

Camerupt Lvl. 46
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Overheat
Body Slam/Explosion

Glalie Lvl. 42
Crunch
Ice Beam
Spikes
Explosion
Glalie is one of the worst ice types in the game. :(

Cradily Lvl. 48
Ancient Power
Earthquake
Toxic
Rest

Meh, Cradily really needs to be bred Recover.

Tricky
12th September 2006, 9:45 AM
I really like pikachu so i'm gonna hunt for a light ball. and i'm gonna dump glalie when i get a latios. well i'll try and get the rest. Thnx

ribbwich
12th September 2006, 9:50 AM
i think your teams quite ok...i may suggest a bit more training? oh and one of your pokemon should have a dragon type move (it helps later on)

Tricky
12th September 2006, 10:27 AM
aragon suggested to try and teach my sceptile dragon claw. where do i get that??

ZNtelle
12th September 2006, 11:16 AM
In the little cave-place where you get Bagon, in Meteor Falls. You have to go up the Waterfall in it. I might not be worth listening to since I don't play the games anymore, just so you know.

I'd advise that you use Endeavor instead of Dragon Claw, since you said you'd dump Glalie for Latios when you got it. By the way, before you catch Latios, save on the route where you have it cornered, before you catch it. This way you can keep resetting for a better nature. Modest is the best out of the listed ones by far, the others are just options if you don't wanna spend that much time resetting.

Latios @ Leftovers (Since you can't get Soul Dew)
Modest (+SAtk, -Atk) / Calm (+SDef, -Atk) / Bold (+Def, -Atk) / Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Claw
- Thunderbolt / Safeguard
- Recover

Tricky
12th September 2006, 11:31 AM
i was thinking of using ice beam on latios?

ribbwich
12th September 2006, 11:33 AM
nah mate. save it for something else

Tricky
12th September 2006, 11:43 AM
I was thinking of it replacing glalie because it knew ice beam lolz

ribbwich
12th September 2006, 11:50 AM
i know glalie isnt that strong it can still learn some powerfull moves that will help tonnes in the league. Anyway you can only catch latios after the league and it aint easy

Tricky
12th September 2006, 11:52 AM
yah i know >.< i meant after the league lolz

ribbwich
12th September 2006, 11:54 AM
yeah i suppose that would be fine but latios is not easy to find

you will need dragon claw to defeat the league or a really strong glalie

Tricky
12th September 2006, 11:55 AM
>.< i can't seem to find dragon claw or bagon for that matter. i know you have to surf and then go up waterfall but then what ...

Tricky
12th September 2006, 11:57 AM
off topic : how do you get that picture under your custom user tittle to change

aragornbird
12th September 2006, 3:57 PM
That’s your rank picture. You can’t change it, it only changes the more you post.

I would have suggested breeding a Sceptile for Leech Seed/Endeavor, but that would've required training a new Treecko from scratch and some people don't want to do that.

Tricky
13th September 2006, 5:34 AM
i don't really mind, what do i breed it with?

aragornbird
13th September 2006, 5:55 AM
Oh that’s great, but you have to make sure your Sceptile is female. Otherwise, get a Ditto and breed until you get a female Treecko.

Then breed with a Male Bulbasaur or evo for Leech Seed, or a Male Mudkip or evo for Endeavor.

Tricky
13th September 2006, 6:02 AM
lolz i guess dump that idea... i don't have link cable and my treeckos a male i also can't find ditto in ruby i think

rocky505
13th September 2006, 2:23 PM
or in order to get leech seed without trading breed a shroomish that knows it with a female tropius.and then breed the new leech seeding tropius in therewith sceptile and there you go.

aragornbird
13th September 2006, 4:02 PM
But his Treecko is Male so that just ruins any chance of the offspring being a Treecko.

Tricky
14th September 2006, 3:05 AM
yah what aragon said.