PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Goblin Flectomancer

~RaikouRider243~
13th September 2006, 2:51 PM
http://resources.wizards.com/Magic/Cards/GPT/en-us/Card97211.jpg
GOBLIN FLECTOMANCER

Guildpact uncommon

URR: Creature - Goblin Wizard

Sacrifice Goblin Flectomancer: You may change the targets of target instant or sorcery spell.

Rerouting magic through a goblin's brain is the surest way to throw it wildly off course.

2/2

I can see this useful in multiplayer, as it tends to draw attention away from you when people play their burn, spot removal, and the like. My favorite thing to do with it is when someone throws a nice fat Blaze out and forgets about the Flectomancer I set a long time ago. Then I can get revenge on the player who royally screwed me over earlier that game....or use it on a card draw spell. In single games, it's more of a sideboard card against black.

2.5/5

klducks
13th September 2006, 10:40 PM
I wish demonfire was used more often. Then it'd be like,

"HAHAHAHAHAHA, GG. 20 DAMAGE TO YOU WITH MY UNBEATABLE HEARTBEAT DECK!"

"*sac flectomancer*, gg"

"........."

Naki Feralkin
14th September 2006, 12:08 AM
The good thing about the card is you can't really destroy it via a black card as you would sacrifice the flecto as a fast effect then reroute it to destroy said opponent card. Faith's Fetters removes the threat of it being able to sacrifice, and places it safely out of the way, and there goes your destroying frenzy again, and you can still ping it to death with tap effects.

Its okay for a surprise if people aren't paying attention, but the only use it really seems to have is as a last ditch to turn your opponents sorceries and instants on them... I mean honestly, how can you change the target of a counter spell?

OOPS. forgot my rating. 2.25/5

klducks
14th September 2006, 5:49 AM
Faith's Fetters doesn't make it unable to be sacrificed because a smart person would sac in response to it being played so your opponent wouldnt get the life gain since the Necromancer would be a dead card in play anyway if it got fettered.

*note: it cant change the target of fetters either, it's not an instant/sorcery if anybody hasnt noticed*

~RaikouRider243~
14th September 2006, 4:54 PM
I mean honestly, how can you change the target of a counter spell?

Put another spell on the stack then sack flecto. >_>

Naki Feralkin
14th September 2006, 6:01 PM
Faith's Fetters doesn't make it unable to be sacrificed because a smart person would sac in response to it being played so your opponent wouldnt get the life gain since the Necromancer would be a dead card in play anyway if it got fettered.

I mean yeah, thats apparent... I do that with my Ghost Council all the time to keep it from being fettered. I guess you do have a point there... Oops. Oh well, using Faiths Fetters forces it to sac itself, eh? :D

*note: it cant change the target of fetters either, it's not an instant/sorcery if anybody hasnt noticed*

I know. It would be a nice fun fast effect if it could change Fetter's.

Felix Feral Fezirix
16th September 2006, 1:03 AM
This card is pretty much to turn the tables if your opponent is playing too many instants and sorceries. Poof and they die...

3/5.

-watches random fat Fireball miss its target by one milimeter, then fly back and strike its owner-