PDA

View Full Version : Dialga and Palkia seen in Wii preview...

Youkai Enslaver
14th September 2006, 8:41 AM
EDIT: Click on Scott's link instead. D:

Watch this link. Toward about 1/3 the way through, you'll see PBR. Groudon will attack Dialga up close, then retaliate with some dark beam attack. Then Palkia will use some Water attack after that.

Also, the male and female trainers are seen in their three dimensional glory. =D

MidnightScott
14th September 2006, 8:54 AM
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/topics/wii_preview/presentation/12.html

It's on this page, damn you...>>

~Scott;229;

Youkai Enslaver
14th September 2006, 8:57 AM
Oh, shoot. I didn't know that. D:

Thank you.

Munchlax 357
14th September 2006, 9:00 AM
Omg!!!!! This Is Totally Awesome They Look Soo Real This Game Is Really Gonna Rock!!!!

~Water Lucario~
14th September 2006, 9:06 AM
It was pretty good. I like the D/P Boy and Girl in 3D. I loved the Wii graphics on all the games though!

Chi's Finest
14th September 2006, 9:15 AM
I liked how the male trainer for R/S looked the best.

Stupid Nintendo and their cartoon graphics.

Bliksem
14th September 2006, 9:46 AM
I like their graphics, thanks.

Anyways, the move Parukia used was Blizzard, I believe.

Youkai Enslaver
14th September 2006, 10:03 AM
I like their graphics, thanks.

Anyways, the move Parukia used was Blizzard, I believe.

It is Blizzard.

MidnightScott
14th September 2006, 10:12 AM
All I know is that the game looks awesome. I'm sure we will get it sometime after they release Diamond & Pearl in the US :)

Hopefully D/P release date is revealed in a few hours :)

~Scott;229;

Munchlax 357
14th September 2006, 10:24 AM
imagine seeing a little roselia against Diaruga or Parukia in this game they would be huge and roselia would be an ant lol:D

~*Pearl*~
14th September 2006, 10:39 AM
Woah! That's the most awesome thing I've seen in a while!
This seems more and more like a Stadium sequel to me.. look at the focus on the scenery.. it sorta reminds you of Stadium 2's Gym Leader Castle backgrounds, in a good sorta way.
What do you think Diaruga uses? It's obviously special. Do you think both our ledgends this gen are gonna be special?

EDIT: Look'y the LIGHTINGS! That's what's makeing it feel more awesome.. I realized that now. US better know the D/P release date soon, and PBR must not be delayed to long! I can't wait for this!

EDIT 2: Is the wii region (PAL/NTSC) based? If not I better import PBR for my b'day!

[AceAussie]
14th September 2006, 10:46 AM
the Wii's graphics kick *** i love them..

~Water Lucario~
14th September 2006, 10:48 AM
The video MidnightScott has is much better then the original I saw, this video was longer and much cooler.

dark dragonic
14th September 2006, 11:34 AM
wow...that looks awesome...but please tell me, WHY have people started calling them dialga and palkia???

freeganXL
14th September 2006, 12:00 PM
I wasn't too keen on Diaruga at first but after seeing those pics it makes me love it!!! i think i now prefer Diaruda to Parukia!!!

flame fox
14th September 2006, 12:18 PM
this game looks so awesome im gonna get it theres so many games to buy now the graphics are so cool aswell

John's Knight
14th September 2006, 12:25 PM
Wow, excelent video. The graphics are excelent. That shaodw beam was really nice, I wonder what could that attack be :O

TTMP
14th September 2006, 12:57 PM
is this the only site the video is available on? Because the videos dont work for me..

~*Pearl*~
14th September 2006, 1:31 PM
Ok, I've been wondering this for a while.. what are these? ...
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/6110/pbrkl3.png
I first though it might be the battle menu, but it seems as if this is a 2-DS link battle, so that can't be true.

Also, it seems that th little colo/xd "Status Bar" sprites are gone:
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/711/xdcolonz7.png
Although it is quite a little thing to trade for the Wii's awesome graphics!

Milotic_Master
14th September 2006, 2:37 PM
I can't watch it:(

Youkai Enslaver
14th September 2006, 3:30 PM
wow...that looks awesome...but please tell me, WHY have people started calling them dialga and palkia???

Because Dialga and Palkia are the correct Romanizations of their names.

Like how Buoysel is the correct Romanization of Buizeru.

The carter
14th September 2006, 3:33 PM
wow ,did you all see the size of the both of them? their gigantic ,diaruga is roughly the size of groudon BUT STANDING ON 4 FEET. And Parukia just TOWERS over groudon OMG!!1!!!!11 I wasn't liking them to much before but know :) Their awesome and They ttotally 0Wed Grooudon/kyogre. To bad that we could see ability effect but maybe you only have that in 1 on 1 battles instead of 2 on 2. great Vid !!!

Xtra
14th September 2006, 3:51 PM
Hey, everyone, calm down. Yes, it looked incredable, I'll admit that. But one reason is that they used legendaries and flashy moves. I'll want to see a battle between two normal pokemon before passing judgement.

Bliksem
14th September 2006, 5:13 PM
What's so wonderful is that it more or less confirms that there will be contact. Sure, we saw Pikachu's Tackle connect, but since Pikachu can't even learn Tackle in the normal games, it could have just been a concept. This lets us know that the concept has been kept.

And my friend says Parukia's size is a tad-bit intimidating, and I agree.

The Ultimate Diaruga
14th September 2006, 5:53 PM
That Has To Be The Best Vid On Pokemon Eva!!! :d

Ho-oh Master
14th September 2006, 5:59 PM
those are some awesome pics O.O is it december 2nd of this year?

~*Pearl*~
14th September 2006, 6:03 PM
Did someone even care to look at my question? (Post 19 (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=4241800&postcount=19))
It seems quite interesting. Atleast more important than "ZOMG!1! It's AW3S0M3!!"

SkittyOnWailord
14th September 2006, 6:06 PM
Since no one is awnsering my topic, Does anyone now where/how I can save this?

~*Pearl*~
14th September 2006, 6:12 PM
Umm.. you could.. err.. *is stumped*. Try to view the source and take out the vid. url?

~RaikouRider243~
14th September 2006, 6:18 PM
I believe PBR will be a launch title when Wii is released Dec 2.

Asrialys
14th September 2006, 6:26 PM
Anyone else notice that at one point close to the beginning of the video, Parukia looked like a Mass Produced Eva (End of Evangelion). The image was very brief, but it lookded like Parukia was flying/hovering above the ground with its arms and legs hanging down.

Heh, well, that was the first thing that came to mind when I saw it. lol

Did someone even care to look at my question? (Post 19 (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=4241800&postcount=19))
It seems quite interesting. Atleast more important than "ZOMG!1! It's AW3S0M3!!"
You know, it's not like a majority of the members here can read or understand Japanese. I know I can't. I can only read hiragana and katakana, but I need my crappy dictionary to translate the words.

Anyway, from top-bottom/left-right:
Diaruga dousuru? - What do you want Diaruga to do? (I think)
Tatakau - Attack
Pokemon - Pokemon (for switching I assume)
Kousan - Quit (or surrender)

It is a battle menu I guess. What made you think it was a DS link battle? Just wondering.

Raine_Skylock
14th September 2006, 6:49 PM
Nintendo Wii's release date in Japan is december 2 while US will get it on November 19. Pokemon Battle Revolution will be days away after the Japanese Wii release

Shuckle
14th September 2006, 6:53 PM
Wow, now we get a decent idea of their sizes :) Snd they're pretty damn big!

Dragonking
14th September 2006, 7:08 PM
We know since Japan get D/P this month that they will get PBR Dec. 2.
Since we probably won't get D/P till February I would say PBR will be in May. Three months in between games for each country.

Asrialys
14th September 2006, 7:47 PM
Three months in between would be June, if it came out in February. I would think a March release for D/P, only because several Pokemon games have come out in March. But whatever. As long as we don't have to wait too long.

Ho-oh Master
14th September 2006, 8:00 PM
soooo where getting it next year?

Waterup
14th September 2006, 10:01 PM
Yes, and link does anyone have the link to the new video? Also, one of the screen shot *Pearl* is from XD.

Erus Black Mage
14th September 2006, 10:14 PM
What's so wonderful is that it more or less confirms that there will be contact. Sure, we saw Pikachu's Tackle connect, but since Pikachu can't even learn Tackle in the normal games, it could have just been a concept. This lets us know that the concept has been kept.

And my friend says Parukia's size is a tad-bit intimidating, and I agree.

It was most likely quick attack that pikachu did.

jayel123
14th September 2006, 11:47 PM
have u guys noticed that groudon and kyogre's health thingy is purplish-red do u think that maybe that they r shadow just a thought

Kasaioni
14th September 2006, 11:57 PM
WooHoo!, the Wii is one hot system and Pokemon Battle Revolution is one hot game, Parukia Rocks!!

What was that purple/black attack the Darugia was useing? New maybe?

Kazekage
15th September 2006, 12:14 AM
WOW, Kyorge/groudon V.s Diaruga/Parukia the ultimate batlle winner gets Hoho/Lugia lol

Rafear
15th September 2006, 12:28 AM
It wont load cause of my crappy connection,,,, (D@#N dial-up!) Oh well at least I can get an idea with the screenshots, and judging from them one word comes to mind: AMAZING! (and to whoever asked if the wii has regional protection, NO one outside Nintendo (and possibly GF) knows at this point and I dont think we'll know untill it's out)

gligirl
15th September 2006, 12:31 AM
wow, this looks amazing! i love the way the health bars look.

chosen_one386
15th September 2006, 12:38 AM
this looks awesome. i'm definantly getting a wii.

Cipher_Admin
15th September 2006, 1:23 AM
The video was okay. I wanted to hear Dialga and Palkia's cries.

Mega Trickster
15th September 2006, 1:32 AM
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/9765/dftvi5rqh8.jpg

The size puts me at a loss for words ._.'

Asrialys
15th September 2006, 1:36 AM
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/9765/dftvi5rqh8.jpg

That's it! LOL That's the part I was talking about. Parukia at that moment looked like a Mass Produced Eva from End of Evangelion ^_^;

Paperfairy
15th September 2006, 2:26 AM

lmfao, amazing observation

I believe Wailord was a bit larger than that.

Diaruga_Ex
15th September 2006, 2:34 AM
O_o wow...Now diaruga looks 10 times cooler to me, it was HUGE. So was parukia but I still don't like its color scheme. Both of them are cool though. I can't wait for this game especially the graphics, i've heard people say the graphics for Wii don't look that great but now I totally disagree.

Dragonking
15th September 2006, 2:36 AM
I'd like to find out what that attack Diagura used "Black Hyper Beam"

Ho-oh Master
15th September 2006, 3:03 AM
like the trainer gets eatin :p makes you wonder what if a pokemons attacks hits a trainer O.o

Ho-oh Master
15th September 2006, 3:03 AM
like the trainer gets eatin :p makes you wonder what if a pokemons attacks hits a trainer O.o

Ho-oh Master
15th September 2006, 3:04 AM

JONNO.FRESH
15th September 2006, 3:54 AM
Crap i want this game. That video is awesome. Crap Paruka is big

brawleyboy
15th September 2006, 4:01 AM
I can't believe it

Dragonfree
15th September 2006, 4:06 AM
Uh, you can't believe what? o_O

Anyway, I adore this video. I've fallen in love with Diaruga. <3 And you're right, they are pretty damn big... o_o I didn't even notice the trainer in that shot. XD

Chi's Finest
15th September 2006, 4:17 AM
I like how they actually hit each other now. I REALLY hope we have an announcer or something like in Stadium. Like all of Nintendo's graphics, they're a few years late. The people look like peach colored blobs with smily drawn faces.

Munchlax 357
15th September 2006, 5:36 AM
ive fallen in love with Diaruga cause of that video<3:D

Munchlax 357
15th September 2006, 5:36 AM
wait i kno this is the wrong spot but i think i know what theD/P starters look like in that game want the link?

Xylitol
15th September 2006, 12:55 PM
Cool video. There was another thread with almost the same video, but with no cut-offs and some japanese girls explaining how it works.

And, as confusing as it sounds, it looks like I accidentally deleted the thread. O_o'

I posted in the thread, and I noticed that my post went up before the thread starter's post. I thought that someone might think I'm hacking the forums, and I tried to delete the post. Poof, whole thread gone. Scary.

SkittyOnWailord
15th September 2006, 1:09 PM
Umm.. you could.. err.. *is stumped*. Try to view the source and take out the vid. url?

I tryed clicking on source but it was shaded out (Cannot click on)
Does anyone know how to save this? All I know is that it's a .swf file. Normaly it's easy but I can't seam to save this one.:confused:

Never mind. I finally found out how to save it. And now it's in .avi now. :)

Nidoking Nate
15th September 2006, 5:38 PM
They seem to have got it right this time. All four Pokemon look massive and dominating. In the previous games they were just bigger than the others, but the ground should shake under each step, other large Pokemon should recoil in pain when struck, and little ones should be sent flying.

Pokefan John
15th September 2006, 6:19 PM
Yeah, picture this: Level 50 Wailord uses Double Edge on a level 100 Wurmple. What would happen? O_o

And, if no one else noticed, if you look at the pokédex entry for Wurmple, he's extremely tiny, aaaand..seven pounds! O_O

Steelia
15th September 2006, 10:01 PM
Very nice footage. Thanks for supplying the link.

Silverwynde
16th September 2006, 6:47 AM
The video was okay. I wanted to hear Dialga and Palkia's cries.

That video made my night. I needed that. :)

So I'm not the only one who wanted to hear their cries. Good to know. My sig. other watched the vid with me and said that when Dialga and Palkia did their "victory poses", they should have been bellowing loudly. Seriously, if we could have heard those two roaring in triumph, I would have totally lost it.

The more I see of Palkia, the more I freaking love it. The look, the coloration, everything. I want Palkia on my team so bad...

I am definitely pre-ordering a Wii. And I'll pre-order PBR the very second it's released date is announced here in the States. The waiting is going to kill me though. :P

Freakshow
16th September 2006, 7:48 PM
To all who asked what move Diaruga used
It used Hyper Beam.
Hakaikousen = Hyper Beam

AngelLatias
16th September 2006, 8:05 PM
Very nice graphics; the pokemon and attacks look lovely. Now I'm definitely gonna get the Wii. :)

Digital Flareon
17th September 2006, 7:01 AM
Woah! That's the most awesome thing I've seen in a while!
This seems more and more like a Stadium sequel to me.. look at the focus on the scenery.. it sorta reminds you of Stadium 2's Gym Leader Castle backgrounds, in a good sorta way.
What do you think Diaruga uses? It's obviously special. Do you think both our ledgends this gen are gonna be special?

EDIT: Look'y the LIGHTINGS! That's what's makeing it feel more awesome.. I realized that now. US better know the D/P release date soon, and PBR must not be delayed to long! I can't wait for this!

EDIT 2: Is the wii region (PAL/NTSC) based? If not I better import PBR for my b'day!

The Wii is completely reigon free. Power to the Players!

Bliksem
17th September 2006, 8:35 AM
To all who asked what move Diaruga used
It used Hyper Beam.
Hakaikousen = Hyper Beam
Why did Hyper Beam change its colors?

Again?

samuelrz
17th September 2006, 8:17 PM
Wow! The videos are going better and better! The graphics are super nice and all...
I can't wait to play the game!