PDA

View Full Version : Battle Frontier Team

Mechtaur
15th September 2006, 1:27 AM
This is my first attempt at competitive (sp?) team for battle frontier. Its currently won me my first 3 silver symbols, but I feel like it could be a little better. NOTE: I will not rebreed for natures, At the most I will rebreed for moves, but not just for a nature.

Tauros @ Lum Berry (might replace with choice band);128;
Impish
Thrash (might replace)
Body Slam
Hidden Power Bug (for those pesky Umbreons)
Iron Tail (for rock types)

Arcanine @ Leftovers;059;
Naughty
Extremespeed (last ditch assault)
Roar
Overheat (insta-KO)
Iron Tail (See Tauros)

Feraligatr @ Scope Lens;160;
Lonely
Surf (STAB)
Ice Beam (Grass and Dragon)
Aerial Ace (Grass)
Slash (High critical hit + Scope Lens = OWN3D)

Please dont say "You need better natures" because I will just ignore you. I have tried to get good natures and will keep trying.

I am going to replace Tauroses Thrash with another move, but have run out of ideas.

Somebody
15th September 2006, 1:37 AM
This is my first attempt at competitive (sp?) team for battle frontier. Its currently won me my first 3 silver symbols, but I feel like it could be a little better. NOTE: I will not rebreed for natures, At the most I will rebreed for moves, but not just for a nature.

Tauros @ Choice Band
Impish
Return
Earthquake
Hidden Power ghost
Iron Tail (for rock types)
Return does more than SE HP:bug anyway.

Arcanine @ Scope Lens;059;
Naughty
Extremespeed (last ditch assault)
Howl
Overheat (insta-KO)
Iron Tail (See Tauros)

Feraligatr @ Leftovers;160;
Lonely
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Hydro Pump

Please dont say "You need better natures" because I will just ignore you. I have tried to get good natures and will keep trying.

I am going to replace Tauroses Thrash with another move, but have run out of ideas.
asdfghjkl;'

Mechtaur
15th September 2006, 1:43 AM
What? I cant understand you.

Somebody
15th September 2006, 1:45 AM
lol, the "asdfghjkl;'" doesn't mean anything, it's just there to get around the 10charlimit. My advice is in the quote box.

Mechtaur
15th September 2006, 1:50 AM
all right. thanks. I might have trouble getting that earthquake though. I used my only one on my blaziken. Can I get another besides through trading from another game.

WhiteWizard42
15th September 2006, 1:53 AM
a pokemon with pickup, at level 91-100, can pick up TM26s occasionally.

Mechtaur
15th September 2006, 1:55 AM
all right, thanks. I might have an actual use for all those zigzagoons in the box rotting away.

Ballade
15th September 2006, 2:00 AM
Well, get rid of Iron Tail on Tauros for Return and change Thrash to Earthquake. Rock, Electric, and Steel types are more vulnerable to Ground attacks, and since EQ is not only a ground attack, but it's alot more accurate than Iron Tail.

On Arcanine, drop everything but Extremespeed, and go for: Flamethrower/Heatwave (more power than Overheat without the backlash of dropping Sp. Atk), Crunch, and try to get HP: Grass to get rid of it's weakness (since Grass is a special type, and Arcanine has a very good Sp. Atk stat, you can jack up the power of HP: Grass with just the Sp. Atk and get rid of the 3 weakness' that single-fire types have). Oh yeah, If Arcanine doesn't have Flash Fire, try to raise one that does; it will become immune to fire attacks and will also gain power from them.

On Feraligator, try to go for Swords Dance, EQ, Surf, and Aerial Ace/HP: Flying. AA/HP: Flying will take care of it's Grass weakness while EQ will handle the electric types. You can use Swords Dance to increase their attack power even more to do more damage. Surf is just their to use what sp. atk it has and the STAB it gets.

Oh yeah, you're better off CB-Feraligator or Arcanine and giving Tauros a King's Rock. Even those there's a small chance of it causing flinching, you never know when it can save your life. If you CB-Feraligator, then give Arcanine a Leftovers or a Scope Lens. If you CB-Arcanine, then just give Feraligator Scope Lens. The reason is because Feraligator has more atk over Arcanine, so either Choice Band it or give it a Scope Lens to cause further damage via extra power or increased Critical hit ratio. Arcanine should be with leftovers if Feraligator is CBed since it's an all-around pokemon, it's atk is high enough already to do lots of damage, and it's sp. atk is also high enough to cause further damage with STABed fire attacks.

Also, instead of creating a team of pokemon meant JUST for finding EQ, just find one or get one and clone that one since you have Emerald.