PDA

View Full Version : Home Is Where The Start Is! (468)

Serebii
15th September 2006, 10:10 AM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/468.jpgThe End Of A Journey! The Start of A Journey!

After the climatic end to their contest battle. Ash, May, Brock & Max all go their seperate ways and go home. On his way back to Pallet Town, Ash meets up with his old rival who has returned home from Shinou on a visit. Ash is eager to challenge Gary and see the new Pokémon that he has seen and thus they battle. Pikachu VS Electabuzz's new evolution, Elekible. Who will win?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/kanto/468.shtml)

Discuss

John's Knight
15th September 2006, 10:32 AM
I've seen the pics...but I don't get why Gary seems to be all distant again... oh well

Also, I find Elekible's hillarious at some pics, like these:

http://i10.*******.com/441q683.png http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/5755/2ek0.png http://i9.*******.com/309094l.png

On the 3rd one, Elekible's head seems huuuuge O.O

Also, did Gary say something about becoming a trainer again? Because it seems so.

Cloud Strife
15th September 2006, 10:40 AM
How was Ho-oh NOT in this show? He is there to signify beginings, so WHERE IS HE?

John's Knight
15th September 2006, 10:45 AM
How was Ho-oh NOT in this show? He is there to signify beginings, so WHERE IS HE?

He's making love with Lugia. Love comes first XP

Aipom goes with Ash. Well, that had to be done, it was not like Ash caught a pokemon, then imediatly dumped it at Oak's <<

Cyndaquil
15th September 2006, 10:49 AM
no more Sceptile, Swellow, Corphish and Donphan from now on then :(, damn that aipom for stowing on that boat :p. looks like the usual end of a saga beginning of a saga episode from the pics

ShinyCelebi
15th September 2006, 10:50 AM
Saw it before after finally downloading it.

It seemed kinda rushed for some reason. The sudden parting of May with barely an emotional feeling like when Misty parted. It was alittle better between Brock and Ash's parting. But then the rest seemed also rushed(I rather not make a long post, but it did). :/

Could have maybe used an hour for the ending instead I'd say.

John's Knight
15th September 2006, 11:17 AM
Ops, my post was stretching the page, so it was edited. Sorry about that, Serebii =/

Yeah, the farewell parts were a bit rushed. Still, they only had 20 minutes or so =P

Why isn't Ash with his new clothes at the end? oO

Medea
15th September 2006, 11:17 AM
You know what, I sense I'm going to have that Advanceshipping crap shoved down my throat (and not very pleasent to see that). Seeing May and Ash winning the ribbon together like that reminded me so much of that vision of Erika and Joshua (from Mean With Envy/Pacifidlog Jam) and then I started to foam at the mouth. Nextly, the goodbye...not much to really say except...

MAX IS GONE! MAX IS GONE! THANK YOU GOD!!!

I know, bad of me! But I could not stand that little twit for the life of me. Now May, I like her and good of her to go to Johto so there is still hope for my vision to come true. And of course, Gary's appearance, I have no straight opinion because I'm split with Gary but he looks super different from the Housou special.

*serebii members lean over*

Oh right. And this episode had the icing on the cake I so really needed. My dear Tracey was in it and God bless him, he's just beautiful. *rants and raves about how beautiful he is*

Overall, great episode, with a great goodbye, no Orangeshipping, and seeing that wonderful message at the end. Next time, A New Beginning

Joe
15th September 2006, 11:21 AM
Yey, found the right thread. xD C/P POWERS ACTIVATE!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/cyberfazza/wtf.png

Does anybody else find Gary's height in that picture completely f*cked up? >>; He just looks SO SMALL. xD

Meh, going by the pictures, it seemed a good ep. Aipom popping out from down the stairs holding the hat on it's tail was awesome. xD And I've gotta say, Brock WILL be coming back sometime. There is NO WAY they would just let him go like that, without any big thing of it. I mean, Ash has travelled with Brock for 3 regions, one of them twice, they just wouldn't let him go like that unless he was returning. Oo; Actually, if they're like most members of SPPf, they probably couldn't wait to get rid of Brock. >>

Or maybe it was just the pictures that made the goodbye seem crap, I dunno. Oo; Meh.

John's Knight
15th September 2006, 11:22 AM
MAX IS GONE! MAX IS GONE! THANK YOU GOD!!!

XD

And of course, Gary's appearance, I have no straight opinion because I'm split with Gary but he looks super different from the Housou special.

Yeah, he's much more cooler now :P But I miss the Cheering Fans =(

Overall, great episode, with a great goodbye, no Orangeshipping, and seeing that wonderful message at the end. Next time, A New Beginning

Yeah, the message was awesome. And so was Aipom XD

And yeah, Joe. Gary's smaller now XD

Chikorita101
15th September 2006, 11:27 AM
i want to watch this episode

Bliksem
15th September 2006, 12:53 PM
The entire battle was hilarious. I actually paused just before Volt Tackle hit Protect, and I giggled mercilessly. It was a beautiful sight, and I think animation wise, it was better than the Regice fight. And I laughed when Pikachu lost. I was like "HAH! Legendary electric Pokemon YOU ARE NOT!" But oh well. Guess I was wrong. It seems Pikachu DOES have an excuse to lose against non-Legendary Pokemon, and this one seems legitamite. Elekible's physical strength must've been awesome to pull a Thunderpunch like that.

Max's antics are the only thing that made their departure almost tearful, but not quite. I did like Brock's exit, but I just wish it'd have been a bit longer. Maybe an extra sandwich he had prepared just for Ash. That would've been sweet.

Serebii
15th September 2006, 12:57 PM
Don't forget that Elekible does have the Electric Engine ability...that'ld beef him up somewhat agaoinst Pikachu

Bliksem
15th September 2006, 1:14 PM
Yeah, but they didn't seem to take advantage of that. Elekible wasn't even hit by an electric attack. The first Thunderbolt was countered, the second dodged. The Volt Tackle was deflected by a Protect (for some reason, whenever I hear them say the word for Protect, I imagine Bubble XD).

EDIT: I must mention, though, that the music in this show was excellent. It matched the action almost flawlessly, and it was pretty good, too. I need to find it when it becomes availible.

Ashy Boy
15th September 2006, 1:23 PM
I'm not surprised that Ash left all of his Pokemon at Oak's and went with only Pikachu, although Aipom did tag along. It was bound to happen sooner or later.

Onijon
15th September 2006, 2:46 PM
I miss may :(:(

The Big Al
15th September 2006, 3:02 PM
Elecable looks like Doctor Robotnik. Still, he dropped Pikachu like a bad habit so he's sweet in my book.

Caseydia
15th September 2006, 3:06 PM
You know I thought Elekible was something that Casey would catch.

Ash6K
15th September 2006, 3:11 PM
This episode will make miss the AG pokemon and characters. Unless May goes to Shinou because the writer's will make it that way, I'll miss her, a great AG saga fisnished by this episode. I'll miss seeing the AG powerhouse especially, it was an almost perfect team with Sceptile, Swellow, Donphan, Corphish, and Torkoal at the Registeel episode but sadly, we won't see them until the next tournament. This episode will really make me remember about all the good things AG had to offer.

S.Suikun
15th September 2006, 3:12 PM
They played it smart by ending AG with the best animation crew on their hands. I already commented on the plot in the speculation thread last night.

Jerre
15th September 2006, 4:13 PM
Elecable looks like Doctor Robotnik. Still, he dropped Pikachu like a bad habit so he's sweet in my book.

I saw it too on the pics. Maybe is that a resemblance to Dr.Robotnik/Eggman from the Sonic series.

The Big Al
15th September 2006, 4:47 PM
http://www.images.tails.4t.com/sreggman.jpghttp://i10.*******.com/441q683.png
Compare for yourself.

Lupin
15th September 2006, 4:48 PM
So, it would appear that Ash and May tied at the end of that contest (as most of us knew it would).

And where does May say she is going (I'm assuming Johto and I'm also assuming that Max goes with her)?

Jerre
15th September 2006, 5:15 PM
http://www.images.tails.4t.com/sreggman.jpghttp://i10.*******.com/441q683.png
Compare for yourself.

I saw it. It has the same smile. and the same form of his face and body.

KuwabaraTheMan
15th September 2006, 5:22 PM
The goodbyes were pretty short. I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of them. It was a good ending, although a little too much Rocket Gang for a finale.

Loved seeing Shigeru again(but damn he was short in that comparison shot).

I liked hearing Mezase Pokemon Master, but why no Advance Adventure insert for the final episode?

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
15th September 2006, 5:24 PM
Eh, I don't think we're done with May and Max yet. They really didn't have a proper goodbye.

CyberCubed
15th September 2006, 5:47 PM
She won't be in the D/P saga though unless we switch off between Shinou and Johto.

It's still lame that they threw away the one character that they spent their own hard work on for the last 4 years building up into a heroine. Forget the audience, I wonder if the writers are somewhat miffed themselves. Maybe Nintendo mandated it.

Bliksem
15th September 2006, 5:48 PM
Their goodbye was adequate. What would you expect? A bunch of crying and sobbing? She has to do what she has to do, and Ash understands that. The goodbye showed just how much May had matured over the seasons.

CyberCubed
15th September 2006, 6:04 PM
Their goodbye was adequate. What would you expect? A bunch of crying and sobbing? She has to do what she has to do, and Ash understands that. The goodbye showed just how much May had matured over the seasons.

Her goodbye was about 30 seconds long. The only emotion really came from Max.

Misty had Ash and Brock breaking into tears, not to mention a long flashback with music and the feeling that the original trio was gone forever.

To see May sent off in such a lackluster manner was pretty lame, especially considering she co-starred the show with Ash for 191 episodes. It's what makes me believe we'll be seeing her in Johto sooner rather than later.

Crimsonmon
15th September 2006, 6:41 PM
What version of Mezase Pokemon Master played during the fight? I can't remember hearing it before.

Origamigryphon
15th September 2006, 7:38 PM
I wanted to cry when I saw May leaving on that boat with her Blaziken in tow. I was hoping and praying for the day Blaziken appeared, and when it does? I only see it for two episodes! What a gyp! ;_;

X the.only.trainer.ever X
15th September 2006, 7:40 PM
Ugh thank godness for Shigeru's return.

I've always liked him more then Satoshi.

I hope this sparks a return for Shigeru as a Pokemon Trainer as opposed to a researcher.

Always nice to see Shigeru come out on top.

Glow Moss
15th September 2006, 7:57 PM
Did anyone else notice that Gary was wearing the same clothes your FR/LG rival does? Score one for game reference...

Anyhow, pics looked good...

Pika Hikari KT
15th September 2006, 8:06 PM
-Aw, they both won(even though it was a tie). Ribon getto da ze!:)

-Damn, the new 'Dex is awesome~:D

-*giggles*Elecbull DOES look like Robotnik, doesn't it?:p

-SC! SC--Oh wait, that's just Shigeru(so what if I based my Austin chibi design after Gary somewhat?!:p).XD Still great to see him though.

-Ash can't have two sad chicks at Oak's, so Aipom tags along. Why didn't Bayleef think of that?:D Nevertheless, at least he won't be having the same problem he did at the start of Hoenn!;)

squirtleking
15th September 2006, 8:31 PM
Oh shock. Ash and May tied (nice moment with Sceptile slicing the ribbon, though.) Oh shock. The new pokemon beats the electric rat, which just singlehandedly beat a LEGENDARY! Oh shock. Aipom runs away to join Ash just for the hell of it (and to confirm that it's going to evolve).

Kabuto
15th September 2006, 8:50 PM
So is gary going to shinou or what? Couldn't tell where he was going. Anyway, Gary won WAY too easily. Hes a researcher not a trainer. But meh, whatever. Anyway, Sceptile and crew is gone *sobs*. But at least you saw the pokemon wave goodbye unlike johto. I loved the look on aipoms face when Ash left, I felt sorry for it. Anyway, other then minor flaws, I can't wait for DP.

Missingno. Master
15th September 2006, 9:08 PM
Good gargling crap, people, Ash taking Aipom to Shinou does NOT in any way signify an evolution! You know, the writers don't need a reason to make people catch Pokemon. Snorunt, Phanpy, Krabby, Muk, they all were random captures with no purpose. Sure, Snorunt, Phanpy, and Krabby all evolved, but they also actually HAD evolutions at the time. Aipom, on the other hand, currently has no evolution, and even if it DOES get one, it's very unlikely that the writers would have known about it when Ash first caught Aipom, and therefore can't possibly be the reason they gave it to Ash. My guess is they wrote down a bunch of random (yet reasonable IE not legendaries/starters/fossils) Pokemon names on slips of paper, put them in a hat, mixed them up, and pulled out Aipom's name. They could've just as easily pulled out Dunsparce, Murkrow, or Weezing.

Torkoal Stu
15th September 2006, 9:16 PM
Lol and MM thats why you aren't a Pokemon writer.

Anyway I wonder when Ash gets his new clothes then, considering we saw Delia making them.

Aipom...alright, Swellow, Corphish and Sceptile have all had their fair share of time, Donphan i'm slightly on the edge about because it didn't get that many battles as Phanpy and got only a few good ones as Donphan.

Poor Max and May, at least they got a decent run.

And Ash lost, wow they are really laying it on thick -_-;

Feity
15th September 2006, 9:38 PM
I loved hearing Face Forward Rocket Dan and Mezaze Pokemon Master. Excelent. And the battle with Elekiberu was great too. Haruka's goodbye was severely cheapened, but whatever.

xXFallenButterflyXx
15th September 2006, 10:12 PM
... Gary is soo smexy and... short in the FR/LG rival cothes. x__X He only went up to Prof. Oak and Delia's shoulders.

Max and May have been in like almost 200 episodes and poof, they're already gone without a proper goodbye. >\

Flamez
15th September 2006, 10:56 PM
Just saw it and it was alright.
Cyber is right the goodbye was lame. Misty also appeared in the chronicles but they gave her a proper goodbye. As cyber mentioned already ash and brock had tears in their eyes when misty left. They gave her a song remembering her time with Ash and how she'll miss him and stuff. They concentrated more on Max. He was very sad about leaving, my japanese is extremely limited but from what I can make out it seemed like Ash told Max to become a trainer and then they can battle someday. That got Max excited and when him and May are on the boat I think he tells her something about wanting to battle Ash sometime in the future. They also mention Brock while there on the boat.
Pikachu was sad also, it looked cute like always.

The animation was nice. Elekible knew Protect and thats what it used when pikachu tried to attack it with Volt Tackle. Protect just knocked it back and a thunderpunch sent pikachu back down to the ground. They were pretty high up in the air. Elekible used its antenas on the back to jump like Ash would have bayleef use vine whip to jump.
After the battle gary says he's going to shinou and I think tracy and oak want him to stay more longer but he refuses. He also says something to Ash after the battle about the battle frontier then he says something about shinou. Like I said I dont understand Japanese but it was probably something along the lines "go to shinou and become stronger".
I really want someone to translate the stuff that was said in this episode. Like May's dialogue to Ash about leaving and Gary's conversation with Ash.

Overall it was good but like I said before the goodbye was just lame.

Aldrius
15th September 2006, 11:00 PM
Damn... I never really thought Shig was hot... but now... Dayumn...

Elekible beating Pikachu makes perfect sense, he's electric resistant and a powerful physical contendor... Pikachu beating Regice alone was dumb anyway...

Geodude
15th September 2006, 11:21 PM
If Brock does return, as is indicated by the official site's picture (as reported on the main site), then that would explain the somewhat short goodbye between Ash and Brock in this episode.

Ashy Boy
15th September 2006, 11:29 PM
I admit it's really sad that this was the final AG episode. The only thing I'm confused about is about "Gary". If that was really him who battled Ash, I'd say he hasn't changed a bit.

Crystal Mewtwo
Nice episode. May and Max said "bye bye" to Ash and Brock.
Ash had a battle against Gary and he lost again. Well, Gary is a hard opponent and a very good battler.
Ash is starting new journey.

I liked it. Now I know what will happen :)

Ash! New adventure and love are waiting for you ;)

raticatelover
I really think the writers do read fanmail and put in their ideas, just really really late. Just think about it. Remember when people were complaining about may being replacement for misty and gary is leaving as a rival? Now both were answered. Also Brock returning from HOenn was answered when he left the OIs and then was answered again now.

Oh well back to the topic it was pretty cool seeing Gary show his pwning skills that made him an awesome character. Also gotta enjoy Max leaving. Hopefully May will be seen in the future though or Max has pokemon next time. The only reason it seems rigth that Ash and Brock didn't cry is because she is following her dream as Misty seemed to be dragged along to be gym leader instead of by choice.

CyberCubed
15th September 2006, 11:37 PM
If Brock does return, as is indicated by the official site's picture (as reported on the main site), then that would explain the somewhat short goodbye between Ash and Brock in this episode.

That still doesn't explain May's short goodbye.

(Unless we're going to get to see her in Johto sooner rather than later)

Geodude
16th September 2006, 12:06 AM
When they were doing the D/P ad at the end of the ep they were talking about the characters and it sounded like one of those Japanese guys said "Hoso"...although he could have been talking about something completely different, for all I know. We really need someone who knows Japanese to tell us what they were saying.

S.Suikun
16th September 2006, 12:20 AM
That still doesn't explain May's short goodbye.
Which is, ya know, why the contest should have ended in the previous episode. It would have given another two minutes for the goodbyes.

Knight_Ram
16th September 2006, 1:07 AM
This episode was actually pretty good for a sad flashback episode but other then that Gary was really short!!!!! Like REALLY REALLY REALLY SHORT! Hahahaha! But Anyway! Is Gary becoming a trainer again? I hope so, another trainer showdown in the pokemon league! Mwuahahaha! I love it!

Pikafan
16th September 2006, 1:08 AM
You shouldn't be so critical to Ash's Pikachu after beating a legendary and losing to another regional pokemon. Don't forget Gary's newly captured or evolved pokemon is from another region and he didn't know what it can do.

Missingno. Master
16th September 2006, 1:49 AM
Lol and MM thats why you aren't a Pokemon writer.

Yeah. If I were a writer, Ash would've gone back for Pidgeot, never given up Primeape, and evolved Corphish. Misty would've evolved Psyduck, caught a Chinchous, and kept Togetic. Brock would still have Ludicolo, Steelix, Geodude, and Crobat, left Foretress at Pewter gym, and evolved Geodude into a Graveler. Max would have let Ralts come with him. Team Rocket would still have Arbok, Weezing, Victreebel, Kingler, Machamp, Rhydon, Chimecho, and Ursaring. Meowth would've learned some new attacks (not Pay Day, but still). Tracey would have Azumarill, Venomoth, Scizor, and three Smeargles. May would've evolved Squirtle and Skitty. And Ash would've had a more enthusiastic response to getting Weezing in that ultimate test episode. But I digress.

Korobooshi Kojiro
16th September 2006, 2:12 AM
People thinking Aipom won't get a DP evo are just stubborn, it's painfully obvious.

charizard trainer #1
16th September 2006, 2:25 AM
Whats going on with Gary? Is he back as a trainer or is he still a researcher? Thats all i care about to be honest in this episode.

To be honest, the battle between Ash and Gary was rushed but Pikachu yet again got owned... there seems to be a pattern (j/k). The battle against TR was amusing for some reason. Also, Gary is seriously short compared to Oak and Delia. Its almost like he's still ten...

8/10 for this episode.

deathseer
16th September 2006, 2:44 AM
it was kinda messed up that ash lost to gary.he is supposed to be one of the best trainers now

ghost master
16th September 2006, 2:51 AM
When they were doing the D/P ad at the end of the ep they were talking about the characters and it sounded like one of those Japanese guys said "Hoso"...although he could have been talking about something completely different, for all I know. We really need someone who knows Japanese to tell us what they were saying. There is a special after the three episodes of DP as a part of the DP Premiere. Maybe they are talking about that.

CyberCubed
16th September 2006, 3:07 AM
I personally thought the short goodbyes were fitting. Like I stated in another thread the AG group was just that in my opinion, a GROUP and not a set of friends like the original Kanto trio were! Ash, May, Max, and Brock spent more time focusing on Ash and May's goals RATHER than actually spending the time to bond with each other like the original Kanto trio did, thus their goodbyes were short, sweet, and rushed!

It's moronic to say that the AG group was not extremely close. They all looked out for each other and went through many adventures.

A "group" doesn't make them any less attached than a "trio."

jolteonjak
16th September 2006, 3:11 AM
She won't be in the D/P saga though unless we switch off between Shinou and Johto.

That would be my preferred D/P season.

John Ray
16th September 2006, 3:20 AM
I cant believe pikachu lost. pikachu has beaten a legendary and he lost to a non-legendary. i thought pikachu is ganna be unbeatable at this stage.

although i still want to see the episode. and aipom is staying.

Umi Mizuno
16th September 2006, 3:21 AM
Honestly, the good-bye's were fine as they are, I can't imagine them any longer then they are.

And no matter how much I like the fact that May is going alone to Johto, I felt pretty sorry for Max. At least he's got a goal now, he gets a happy [dare I say it] ending. [for the time being :P] Everything else was pretty meh, I didn't really care for it. And since I'm probably some of the few people who don't like Gary's look in this ep [I liked how he looked before but his look in thsi ep completely turned my opinion upside down.], so I'm making no comment on that.

Damn, I SHOULD BE WEARING HIKARI'S MAGICIAN SUIT. I don't care how hideous the animators make it look on her, I want it. And if they make it in blue, I'll kill for it. =D

Mandi.
16th September 2006, 3:24 AM
I did not like the good-byes. They didn't even seem sad, besides Max. I mean, if I've been traveling with these people for that long, I'd be pretty sad when I had to split up with them. But anyways, it didn't seem like a real good-bye, which means May and Max probably aren't gone for good. =D Yay.

The episode overall was good, even though I had no clue what they were saying. But I understood what was happening. And wow..Gary looked different, like his hair and face. Yeah, whatever..xD Ash and Gary's battle was fun to watch. And Ash lost! Ee.

Anyways, I thought this was a pretty good episode for the last for AG. But now, we have to wait and see how D/P is going to be...oooh man.

Jash Thor
16th September 2006, 3:42 AM
Did Ash and May tie?

That just seems ridiculous to me. I don't care about any kind of type advantage with Blaziken, I just feel that the experienced trainer should pull out an easy victory. That really bugs me.

Everything else was pretty sweet and simple. Nothing to write home about, but enjoyable none the less. I was glad to see no cliched tears being shed. Elekible looks pretty cool. I like Gary in the white lab coat also, it's a fitting position for him.

So Aipom's coming was not Ash's choice, but Aipom's. I think we can be sure D/P will see an evolution for Aipom. Even if not, I like how the writers didn't just totally discard of a Pokemon Ash recieves late into a season (R.I.P. Glalie).

Mandi.
16th September 2006, 3:46 AM
Yes, Ash and May did tie.

But remember, Ash and May were battling in a CONTEST. May had the advantage. Ash is a more experienced trainer though, which makes it fair that they tied.

SOS! Its Not Healthy..
16th September 2006, 3:47 AM
I saw the pics, and I wow they had to tie Ash and May. Damn, I was hoping a winner, but nope. I was disappointed with the goodbyes how it lasted so short, except for Max. It looks like he's taking it harder than May. They kinda rushed the goodbyes n' instead they went on the battle with Gary.

Did Gary get short or somethin because he looks the same height as Ash to me. But wow, he looks dare to say hot in those clothes, and shorter hair style. I had my 5 bucks that Pikachu would lose and yup it did! (And earned 5 bucks) I wasn't too surprised that it lost since I understand that Pikachu and Ash didn't knew the power of the evolved form for Electabuzz. (sorry don't know the name) Plus, it didn't look like the battles where Ash would be under so much pressure, like the Brandon battle couple weeks ago.

Just wondering? When is Ash is gonna get his new clothes?

BattleFranky~40
16th September 2006, 4:11 AM
I loved how easily Shigeru beat Satoshi. I mean, it looked like he didn't even have to try.

STJ
16th September 2006, 5:42 AM
I also am dissapointed by the lackluster goodbyes.

However, if that so happens to be an indication that they're going to join up again soon, then all is forgiven

Ok I also admit that I am also imcredibly dissapointed that May is going to Johto..I really wanted her to go to Shinou (I guess part of it is because I really coudn't care less about Drew and wanted May to get a new rival.)
If the writers like being as random as they are they could always change her mind *hint hint*

But I guess other than that, from the looks of things the ep doesn't look so bad.

.::Lynee::.
16th September 2006, 11:50 AM
Gary wins again :D He looks sexy in his new clothes ^^
I don't understand Japanese but I really wanna know what Gary said to Ash before he went away. Did he say anything to be Ash's rival again?

Good-byes: Just so sad....

Aviano
16th September 2006, 1:50 PM
Just wondering? When is Ash is gonna get his new clothes?

My guess is that brock brings them when he comes back :P

Akane
16th September 2006, 3:02 PM
This was a pretty good episode. I really loved when Ash and Gary battled. Too bad Ash lost though, but that will make him work twice as hard in the next Region. Now he has a excuse of going. XD And I definely loved the background music! Wow...I haven't heard any of those songs in a very long time. It was cool to hear them again.

Now the goodbyes...

Okay I think May's and Max's were a little rushed, I will give you that. Should have been a little more emotional. But maybe there is a reason...just don't know. Before they left...Max was really sad. He didn't want to go. But Ash talked to him. I really like that part. ^^ And Max decided he will work on of becoming a trainer. Which to me that is soo cool. And May will go to Johto and do contests there. That is cool too. Anyway...I think we might hear from them again in the future. :)

Brock's and Ash's goodbye wasn't that emotional either. I was thinking about Brock didn't say anything of going back home and staying home...I don't think. I couldn't tell because it was in Japanese. So I don't know how the outcome went. But we will see Brock again...so maybe...lol

And it was nice to see Tracey, Professor Oak, and Deila(Ash's Mom) again. *wishes Misty was there too...oh well*

So yeah this episode was great. ^^ And this close the chapter of AG...time for the next one. I really enjoyed watching it.

Eerie Fuwante
16th September 2006, 3:21 PM
Pikachu losing was just obvious. Everytime he wins something or reaches a quarter-finals and such he gets whipped in the next battle.

The same thing happened to May(she got in the semi-finals of the Grand Festival and then got beaten by Drew)

X the.only.trainer.ever X
16th September 2006, 4:09 PM
Does anyone know where I can find the summaries for this episode?

I really would like to know what was said by Shigeru.

Pokemon got so much more exciting now that I've seen him come back!

Also,is there anywhere that I could watch this episode ( seeing as how I live in Canda ).

grem
16th September 2006, 4:15 PM
Does anyone know where I can find the summaries for this episode?

im writing one be patient :(

~grem

Kabuto
16th September 2006, 5:13 PM
Not allowed to ask for downloads, but its up on youtube. I can't blame Misty for not showing up, after Ash wasn't even happy to see her last time :p. Anyway, Gary's appearance was great, I hope we see more of him soon.

Torkoal Stu
16th September 2006, 5:49 PM
Yeah. If I were a writer, Ash would've gone back for Pidgeot, never given up Primeape, and evolved Corphish. Misty would've evolved Psyduck, caught a Chinchous, and kept Togetic. Brock would still have Ludicolo, Steelix, Geodude, and Crobat, left Foretress at Pewter gym, and evolved Geodude into a Graveler. Max would have let Ralts come with him. Team Rocket would still have Arbok, Weezing, Victreebel, Kingler, Machamp, Rhydon, Chimecho, and Ursaring. Meowth would've learned some new attacks (not Pay Day, but still). Tracey would have Azumarill, Venomoth, Scizor, and three Smeargles. May would've evolved Squirtle and Skitty. And Ash would've had a more enthusiastic response to getting Weezing in that ultimate test episode. But I digress.
I meant that clearly Aipom wasn't given randomly just implying it and at the same time loling at the fact you put Weezing with Dunsparce and Murkrow on the capture thing you assume the writers have -.-

Anyway cutting the ribbon in half wasn't that seen in the Contest with Jynx and that girl wanted to win with that guy and it showed a scene of her holding half the ribbon?

Bliksem
17th September 2006, 5:36 AM
I was rather disappointed that the contest didn't follow the rule of the last tie. When May and Jessie tied, they went into a Battle Royal. Obviously plot didn't allow this to happen, but variations in rules for plot is the reason I don't subscribe to any faith in the writers.

I must say, though, that the music in this episode was phenomenal. I watched Gary's entrance and the Elekible battle multiple times in a row just to hear the music. I hope mp3s get made of them, ESPECIALLY the battle music.

That would be my preferred D/P season.
Not mine.

TheBuddyBud
17th September 2006, 9:13 AM
so is gary going to shinou as well? is he such a failure as a researcher, that hes going back to being a trainer?

i dont understand japanese, but when gary beat ash, they said something about the battle frontier...anybody know what they said?

Sushi
17th September 2006, 1:03 PM
The first half of the episode absolutely failed.

It's nice that they remembered Max is more than just background decoration in the last friggin' minute, but I was really disappointed to see what kind of a goodbye May got; or rather, how she made her goodbye. I can see why she, with her being very ambitious and all, looked determined rather than sad when she revealed that she wanted to travel alone.

On the other hand though, she also mentioned that she had been pondering about it for a long time - why didn't we get to see any of those moments where she was supposedly torn between going to Johto and sticking with whatever Ash and Co. wanted to do next? We got sequences of her fighting her emotions about losing to Saori shoved down our throats, and while I'm not sure if another phase of emo-ism would have been the way to go, the lack of those made it seem like May could really care less whether she left her best friends for good or not. It made me very sad, to put it mildly.

Anyhow, the end of the Contest was pretty sweet. I'd better not ramble about how the split medal should be mentioned or shown in some way again someday, because then I'd get an "YOU ARE ANNOYING" sign stamped on my forehead very quickly.

*sighs*

As I said earlier though, Max's goodbye was handled very well. It's doubtful that Max's very first trainer battle with Ash will be shown on-screen, but that doesn't really matter in my opinion. Just the way the promise was made really makes it obvious that it will be kept, but if the viewers will get to see it is up in the air. I'll be content either way - I know they will battle and that's that.

Ash and Brock's "goodbye" was amusing.

Ash: It's time.
Brock: Yeah.
Ash: Up to this point...
Ash: ...I haven't eaten anything.

The news that Gary would be showing up had been kind of overshadowed by the fact that three people (now it seems to be only two though) would leave in my mind, but once he appeared in the episode, I was totally hyper. I much prefer his FR/LG look to whatever he was wearing before (those boots were horrifying), and his face, whether it was because of Masaaki Iwane's magical work or not, looked much more attractive.

I didn't care much about the battle, but Ash losing was one of the most predictable things about this episode, so wahey. I guess it had to come that way, or Gary wouldn't have provoked Ash (I swear he did that intentionally :P) to come to Shin'ou as well. Elekible is one of the scariest things I've ever seen by the way. Only beaten by spiders I guess.

I was so happy to see Delia and Tracey again - Delia especially. She didn't get much screentime the last time Ash returned home, only commenting on various stuff and whatnot, but this time her feelings about Ash leaving so soon after having just arrived at home really came through. Muchas gracias to Iwane for drawing her so nicely too - she looked really beautiful. For those wondering why Ash didn't get the clothes at the end of the episode (I'm not sure if it was already said, but anyway): Delia did say that she wouldn't be able to finish them until the next day.

I've been starting to warm up to Aipom ever since she pwned Professor Oak at his laboratory, and this time, she looked really cute [/muststopusingtheword'really']. Predictable or not, I like the fact that we'll be seeing her in D/P as well.

I'm awaiting the next series with mixed emotions, but the 'looking forward' part is still prevailing by far. And although I'll terribly miss May, I'll just be waiting for the next time she shows up - whether it's in a hoso-ish special, one or more episode(s) from the main series, or just a mere cameo.

Thanks AG! =)

diablohuman
17th September 2006, 1:50 PM
I liked this episode alot, It was really cool the way Elekible uses it's tail lol. The goodbyes were way to quick though, It would of been nice to see a little more emotion.

Geodude
17th September 2006, 2:39 PM
I was rather disappointed that the contest didn't follow the rule of the last tie. When May and Jessie tied, they went into a Battle Royal. Obviously plot didn't allow this to happen, but variations in rules for plot is the reason I don't subscribe to any faith in the writers.
It didn't continue because it was just an unofficial contest anyway.

Yamato-san
18th September 2006, 12:39 AM
When they were doing the D/P ad at the end of the ep they were talking about the characters and it sounded like one of those Japanese guys said "Hoso"...although he could have been talking about something completely different, for all I know. We really need someone who knows Japanese to tell us what they were saying.

I didn't catch most of it (and I've already got it on DVD... with my drive's slowass loading time, like hell I'm gonna bother to pull it out), but I did notice they pulled up the promotional poster with Hikari and the legendaries. One of them was arguing that Hikari can't be the protagonist, Satoshi and Pikachu are (sounded just like the earlier fan speculation XD).

Bliksem
18th September 2006, 5:14 AM
It didn't continue because it was just an unofficial contest anyway.
Surely it would've been more fun for the spectators to see a winner, though? But then again, why am I arguing logic for an anime? Why am I arguing logic for a POKEMON anime XD

On the other hand though, she also mentioned that she had been pondering about it for a long time - why didn't we get to see any of those moments where she was supposedly torn between going to Johto and sticking with whatever Ash and Co. wanted to do next?
Not to make any presumption about what the writers intended, as we all know that some of them don't really 'think' in the same terms we do, but it's fully possible that in her angst-fest, May could have been pondering if her chosen path with her chosen partners would lead to the success she wanted. Or she could've just been angsting because it was that time of the month. I don't know these things.

Satoshi
18th September 2006, 5:32 AM
I guess I'm a little late to comment on the episode, but meh.

I *guess* I was a little disappointed that Haruka got a little cruddy good-bye, but the rest of the episode was really awesome. I loved Satoshi and Masato's farewell (I assume that Satoshi promised a battle with him when he becomes a Pokemon Trainer)

Shigeru's entrance (and his battle) just screamed badass.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/8136/vlcsnap53758fs5.png http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/4240/vlcsnap53868xx6.png

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/3812/vlcsnap55728wy5.png http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/4738/vlcsnap59102eb8.png

You...Elekible, mamoru!

Mezase Pokemon Master was the perfect background music for the battle, the whole battle gave me an nostalgic feeling, with it being Shigeru vs. Satoshi (perfect way to end AG, IMO), the BGM just helped the feeling (though Pikachu losing to Elekible after it had beaten a REGIROCK was a little ironic, but I guess Elekible's Electric Engine ability is a plausible reason). After this episode, it really made me glad that Satoshi will still be the main character in the D/P series. And heh, Aipom sneaked onto the boat. =P

Sayonara AG, hello D/P!

Esperon
19th September 2006, 12:43 AM
ok there is something up with either the forum or my "wonderful" computer so i have to write here rather than comment after the quote where it makes sense (cannot use full stops or punctuation so i am very sorry now in advance!)

I agree on hundered percent with everything you have said Booncy!! the ash misty and brock trio had a much stonger relationship as the two older ones were with ash the whole time from when he started as the overly enthusiastic overly stupid boy to the rather maturish young man that left alone for Hoenn STOP(means a full stop due to "wonderful" computer!!)

I have only seen this epi from the piccies and i liked the look of it all but I am going to miss Sceptile Cawphish and Swellow as they have been with Ash for quite a while STOP The ending was beautiful and I recon Deliah either could not finish his clothes in time so is going to have them posted to him to recieve when he meets the new professor in Shinou with Hikari or they are in his backback that she packed for him to find when he gets there STOP seems a bit strange that she did not want to see him in the clothes she slaved over during the night if the latter is true but she is a strange mum really!! (the whole using the orange league trophy as a dumb bell thing STOP what is she going to use his battle fronteir thing for? a coaster?)

I am sorry for the long post but I just thought of things to say STOP All in all i think it looked like a good ending to a great saga and the new beginnings can hopefully be better than that so far seen sSTOP well if the writers get their acts together!!!

I personally thought the short goodbyes were fitting. Like I stated in another thread the AG group was just that in my opinion, a GROUP and not a set of friends like the original Kanto trio were! Ash, May, Max, and Brock spent more time focusing on Ash and May's goals RATHER than actually spending the time to bond with each other like the original Kanto trio did, thus their goodbyes were short, sweet, and rushed!

The original Kanto trio on the other hand had a TON of adventures during the Kanto, Orange, and filler-galored Johto seasons (plus you have to take into account that they were the 3 main characters of the original series: Pocket Monsters) thus their goodbyes were long, emotional, and touching as they should've been :)!

Besides that all and all I have to say that this was a very dull ending to ironically a very good series! Aw well I just have to reiterate that I'm glad that the finale to the original series got the better treatment :D! I'm sure we'll see more of May and her contests in Johto during the *crosses fingers* upcoming hoso specials. Maybe by then her character IMO won't be so dull and she'll actually develop a personality of her own that's seperate from her goal of becoming a top Coordinator :D!

Gary was awesome as usual as was his newly captured Elekible. Kudos to the writers for NOT having Ash's pokedex actually have data on Elekible like his old pokedex had data on Blaziken and Kecleon around the end of the Johto league :p! Also I'm glad Aipom's going with Ash to Shinou. Hopefully it won't evolve and it'll always stay out of it's pokeball and on Ash's arm like Pikachu does :)! Speaking of Aipom's pokeball I hope the little monkey brought it with him or else Ash will have no other choice BUT to keep him on his arm :D!

All and all I repeat...DULL EPISODE/FINALE! It's only saving grace was Gary, Elekible, and Tracey for me.

Geodude
19th September 2006, 3:54 AM
You could've always copied and pasted a period, you know. You're only making it harder for your post to be read. I can't think of any possible reason for those kinds of problems, other than a crappy keyboard to cause the period thing, and that's probably your own fault anyway for getting something between/under the keys.

Anyway...

Did anyone finally figure out what Ash and Brock's final conversation was about? Did they agree that Brock was going to catch up with Ash in Shinou, or what?

CyberCubed
19th September 2006, 4:16 AM
Sushi posted above.

Ash didn't even decide to go to Shinou yet, so how could he ask Brock to catch up to him?

Geodude
19th September 2006, 11:40 AM
Right...forgot about that.

Myuuzard
19th September 2006, 11:46 AM
Gary's becoming trainer again. 0.o thats going to be good if then, Ash may get a real rival then..

Jiggy37
19th September 2006, 6:34 PM
Finally got around to watching this episode. And I'll admit it: when May left, I almost cried. Just something about the sunset and the music, and then the Max scene right afterward--which is odd since I can't stand Max.
Also, the battle with Gary was awesome, particularly with the original Pokemon theme playing in the background, and the little touch of the Pokedex not recognizing Elekible. I have no idea what Gary said about the Battle Frontier, but with absolutely no understanding of Japanese, I'll stick to my assumption that it was something like "Satoshi. Just because you conquered the Battle Frontier doesn't mean that you don't still have many things to learn about Pokemon." Sounds good to me, anyway.

thunder pichu
19th September 2006, 8:44 PM
true but it can't happen but what if apom evlove in to an new pokemon hmmmm i wonder may be it might it cool eh any hey brock imgiht get back to his gym and be an the best gym thing if i was the gym leader i have an grass an posin an water an elec and flying and fire pokemon yeah well that about it until next time seeya

thunder pichu
19th September 2006, 8:56 PM
The first half of the episode absolutely failed.

It's nice that they remembered Max is more than just background decoration in the last friggin' minute, but I was really disappointed to see what kind of a goodbye May got; or rather, how she made her goodbye. I can see why she, with her being very ambitious and all, looked determined rather than sad when she revealed that she wanted to travel alone.

On the other hand though, she also mentioned that she had been pondering about it for a long time - why didn't we get to see any of those moments where she was supposedly torn between going to Johto and sticking with whatever Ash and Co. wanted to do next? We got sequences of her fighting her emotions about losing to Saori shoved down our throats, and while I'm not sure if another phase of emo-ism would have been the way to go, the lack of those made it seem like May could really care less whether she left her best friends for good or not. It made me very sad, to put it mildly.

Anyhow, the end of the Contest was pretty sweet. I'd better not ramble about how the split medal should be mentioned or shown in some way again someday, because then I'd get an "YOU ARE ANNOYING" sign stamped on my forehead very quickly.

*sighs*

As I said earlier though, Max's goodbye was handled very well. It's doubtful that Max's very first trainer battle with Ash will be shown on-screen, but that doesn't really matter in my opinion. Just the way the promise was made really makes it obvious that it will be kept, but if the viewers will get to see it is up in the air. I'll be content either way - I know they will battle and that's that.

The news that Gary would be showing up had been kind of overshadowed by the fact that three people (now it seems to be only two though) would leave in my mind, but once he appeared in the episode, I was totally hyper. I much prefer his FR/LG look to whatever he was wearing before (those boots were horrifying), and his face, whether it was because of Masaaki Iwane's magical work or not, looked much more attractive.

I didn't care much about the battle, but Ash losing was one of the most predictable things about this episode, so wahey. I guess it had to come that way, or Gary wouldn't have provoked Ash (I swear he did that intentionally :P) to come to Shin'ou as well. Elekible is one of the scariest things I've ever seen by the way. Only beaten by spiders I guess.

I was so happy to see Delia and Tracey again - Delia especially. She didn't get much screentime the last time Ash returned home, only commenting on various stuff and whatnot, but this time her feelings about Ash leaving so soon after having just arrived at home really came through. Muchas gracias to Iwane for drawing her so nicely too - she looked really beautiful. For those wondering why Ash didn't get the clothes at the end of the episode (I'm not sure if it was already said, but anyway): Delia did say that she wouldn't be able to finish them until the next day.

I've been starting to warm up to Aipom ever since she pwned Professor Oak at his laboratory, and this time, she looked really cute [/muststopusingtheword'really']. Predictable or not, I like the fact that we'll be seeing her in D/P as well.

I'm awaiting the next series with mixed emotions, but the 'looking forward' part is still prevailing by far. And although I'll terribly miss May, I'll just be waiting for the next time she shows up - whether it's in a hoso-ish special, one or more episode(s) from the main series, or just a mere cameo.

Thanks AG! =) ehehe your not right ash will get to beat gary oak i'm sure

Kabuto
20th September 2006, 1:36 AM
Yes, Garys appearance was by far the best part of the episode. Though I really wished Pikachu got a rematch with umbreon before it was defeated by elekible. Oh well, maybe it'll happen eventually.

Juputoru
20th September 2006, 9:47 PM
Commantary, now with 100% more Sonic references.

-(insert recap of last ep here)
-ZOMG tie.
-The crowd goes wild over this non-resolution to the battle!
-But wait, there's only one ribbo...wait, May and Ash telepathically agreed on a way to deal with i...zoom! Leaf Blade, the ribbon's cut in two!
-May and Ash do a mirror-image "I GOTS A RIBBON" chant/pose, then show the ribbon halves to their Pokemon(despite the fact that Sceppy already saw it >>)
-As always, it's sunset when we see the group again. Everyone's stuffing their faces(Marshtomp and Foretress are ALIVE!), Brock says some crap nobody cares aobut as does Max, Ash responds, but...hold on a sec, May has something to say!
-May's goin' ta JOHTO. BAI HERSELF.
-*insert the tears of a million Cybercubed here*
-And she was too big of a jerk to even tell MAX about it before now. Way to go, May.
-Those are some miiightly triangular sandwiches on the table.
-May says crap that boils down to "I want to do lots of contests and WIN and LREAN and MAKE OUT WITH DREW/SAORI/HARII/THOSE PEOPLE WHO KEEP STALKING MY CONTESTS/THE GUY WHO ONLY SAYS SUKI DESU NE~"
-Max:"...:'-("
-Brock and Ash after one second of thought:"Kay 8D"
-Max defies the general "k we're going seperate ways whatever" dynamic to walk off by HIMSELF.
-Brock's like "eh he'll get over it in five minutes" and Ash's like "k I'll go talk to him for that long" and the Pokemon are like "why are the humans acting weird?"
-Max sits himself down on a convenientlly located swing(not the sissy kind you see nowadays, either. It's an OLD-SCHOOL swing, with none of that restraining crap that makes them unsuitable for anyone above age five).
-Ash talks to him, and...gah, the swing was fairly close to the picnic table? WHAZZA POINT 'A DAT?
-Ash de-depresses Max by giving him a reserved battle slot(ie. chance to kick Max's ***) for whenever Max becomes a trainer, and Max cheers up at that, since he's seven and seven year olds are all cocky *******s who don't realize that someone several years their senior in a profession who's already gotten many honors of sorts(such as BEATING THE BATTLE FRONTIER) is going to kick their *** at a competition involving that profession.
-After all Max said about this, how much you want to bet he doesn't give too much of a crap about Ash after a year or two?
-The writers make sure they don't have more than one emotional goodbye scene here by making May late for her boat. OF COURSE~
-...wait a damn minute, an instrumental of Chiisaki Mono's playing here! One word:yes.
-Aw, NOW Pikachu lets on that it's going to miss May(or maybe Max, you can never tell with that rat).
-Max and May say crap to each other, it's the next morning, and now Brock and Ash go their seperate ways. No emotion here either, but then again they probably figure that Brock worms his way back into Ash's group with due time anyway so no point being sappy about the goodbyes.
-Wait, Ash is hungry! ...geez, didn't they have breakfast? >> But Brock reminds Ash about something in Pallet(perhaps ASH'S MOMMA'S MEALS?), and Ash forgets his hunger for now.
-I think we get another instrumental of a song we've heard before here but I can't tell what it is.
-TR is stalking Ash already!
-But they've lost him?!
-They say stuff, and it ends out with them being optimistic again(with Maemuki Roketto-dan playing in the background, appropriatly enough).
-But wai, ELECTRICITY'S COMING FROM BELOW. Has Ash taken to pre-emptive strikes? No, it's...it's......it's...
-EGGMANROBOTNIKEGUMAN-SAMAROBUTTNIKDR.IVOROBOTNIK
-A few things have happened to him, though. He's ditched his glasses revealing his red/black eyes, he's gone strangely yellow and black striped, he's got some weird things sticking out of his back and the top of his head, but other than that, it's HIM! And he's back to his original plesently rotund self.
-Jessie wants to catch Robotnik for some reason(perhaps getting them to build them a better robot? Lord knows Scratch and Grounder could only be improvements on the typical devices. And perhaps Coconuts could become the anti-Aipom!)
-Robotnik uses some electricity(where's the robot doing THAT?) to knock down an apple for his eating pleasure as TR watch from behind a nearby bush.
-Here comes the net! And...ROBOTNIK IS NOT AMUSED.
-Robotnik yells something unintelligable("I hate that hedgehog!", probably.)
-Robotnik continues to yell("How DARE you interrupt me when I'm trying to look busy!") and yell while firing off lightning("I thought I got rid of you, you fish-fumbling fruitcake!"), which eventually attracts the attention of The Fastest Thing Ali...er, Ash. Who's really quite the opposite of being The Fastest Thing Alive, although he probably wouldn't say no to chili dogs.
-But at the top of the cliff(there's ALWAYS A cliff), arrives someone who sounds rather baddass. Which can only mean one thing:KNUCKLES!
-...okay, it was Gary. Eh, close enough.
-Oh, and Ash is where TR is now too.
-Elekible(see, they DON'T SAY IT AS BURU so DON'T SPELL IT THAT WAY! >O) is apparently Robotnik's newest psuedonym, and he manages to Iron Random-Protrudences his way out of the net at last.
-TR finally realizes just who they're messing with here, but sadly it's too late as a checkered ball on a chain slams into them an...sorry, that's not it. Robotnik gives them an ELECTRICAL PUNCH that blasts them off in a second.
-Ash tries to dex Robotnik, but no data is found. WELL DUH, HE'S A ROTUND EVIL GENIUS NOT A POKEMON! >O
-Ash parts ways with Gary and Robotnik for now.
-Ash enters his home, but...nobody's there! Not in the area he sees when he enters anyway, and obviously someone in the house couldn't be in anywhere BUT that area. He then goes to Oak's, but...no one's THERE, either! What, did Gary warn them he'd be coming back so they could evacuate the town? (/stole that bit from Chatsy >> <<)
-Ash actually explores other areas of the building this time! But he doesn't find anyon...POW! Turns out they WERE hiding, but in order to surprise him!
-Ash shows off his plaque to his mother(not the tooth kind the dentist scrapes off, mind you), and...Tracey starts bringing out food for a party!
-But wait, Gary's ready for a battle now, so him and Ash are gonig to...battle now!
-It's Robotnik VS Pikachu...huh?! Why is Robotnik bothering with a lowly rat?Does he think it'll give him practice against kicking the arses of small(in proprtion to his girth) speedy animals?
-...ooo, purdy Mezaze Pokemon Master music...
-Robotnik's and Pikachu's generic electric attacks balance each other out perfectly!
-Pikachu rushes at the Eggman with a Quick Attack, but...damn, he can JUMP now!
-A couple more attacks take place, then...Pikachu goes in for the Volt Tackle! But wait! Robotnik nullifies it with a Protect(ive shield)! Robotnik then goes in for the kill with another electrified punch, and succeeds!
-Note that Tracey's reffing this match. Yay!
-Anyway, ROBOTNIK WINS, BEE-OTCHES!
-Gary says stuff about the Battle Frontier and Shinou and blah blah BLAH.
-Getting his arse whooped by Robotnik made Ash want to enter the Shinou league, so there's no stopping him now! Strangely, Tracey's actually surprised by this. Ash's mom just stays in one spot...motionless...with shiny eyes...
-It's night now, and...Momma-san's making Ash some new clothes! (no store boughts for him, yessir!)
-Ooo, it's morning and Ash gets a fancy new Pokedex. That makes...four? Five?...dexes he's gotten so far. Yeesh.
-Ash departs(oh, he's leaving his Pokemon other than The Chu behind in case you didn't know), and everyone's HAPPI...except for Aipom. There's always that one who defies the "OKAY BYE NOW 8D" mentality, isn't there?
-On da boat...Ash's hat blows away in da wind...it mysteriously stops near da stairs...it's DA POM!
-Down below, TR's literally holding on to the side of the boat to keep up with it. Did their sub rust beyond repair during Houen or what?
-Hey, Aipom's not ridiculously huge for once! :O
-Check it out, the English at the end says "NEXT TIME...A NEW BEGINNING!". Ooo, variation.

Surskit&Beautifly
21st September 2006, 9:09 AM
A sad episode... for me. May leaves! [hopefully they'll show some episodes with her, Drew, and Harley as mini specials like Pokemon Chronicles]. Brock also left [now I have no one to laugh at], but he'll be back eventualy! Other than that it was a pretty cool episode.

Vent's Theme
21st September 2006, 9:18 AM
Commantary, now with 100% more Sonic references.

-(insert recap of last ep here)
-ZOMG tie.
-The crowd goes wild over this non-resolution to the battle!
-But wait, there's only one ribbo...wait, May and Ash telepathically agreed on a way to deal with i...zoom! Leaf Blade, the ribbon's cut in two!
-May and Ash do a mirror-image "I GOTS A RIBBON" chant/pose, then show the ribbon halves to their Pokemon(despite the fact that Sceppy already saw it >>)
-As always, it's sunset when we see the group again. Everyone's stuffing their faces(Marshtomp and Foretress are ALIVE!), Brock says some crap nobody cares aobut as does Max, Ash responds, but...hold on a sec, May has something to say!
-May's goin' ta JOHTO. BAI HERSELF.
-*insert the tears of a million Cybercubed here*
-And she was too big of a jerk to even tell MAX about it before now. Way to go, May.
-Those are some miiightly triangular sandwiches on the table.
-May says crap that boils down to "I want to do lots of contests and WIN and LREAN and MAKE OUT WITH DREW/SAORI/HARII/THOSE PEOPLE WHO KEEP STALKING MY CONTESTS/THE GUY WHO ONLY SAYS SUKI DESU NE~"
-Max defies the general "k we're going seperate ways whatever" dynamic to walk off by HIMSELF.
-Brock's like "eh he'll get over it in five minutes" and Ash's like "k I'll go talk to him for that long" and the Pokemon are like "why are the humans acting weird?"
-Max sits himself down on a convenientlly located swing(not the sissy kind you see nowadays, either. It's an OLD-SCHOOL swing, with none of that restraining crap that makes them unsuitable for anyone above age five).
-Ash talks to him, and...gah, the swing was fairly close to the picnic table? WHAZZA POINT 'A DAT?
-Ash de-depresses Max by giving him a reserved battle slot(ie. chance to kick Max's ***) for whenever Max becomes a trainer, and Max cheers up at that, since he's seven and seven year olds are all cocky *******s who don't realize that someone several years their senior in a profession who's already gotten many honors of sorts(such as BEATING THE BATTLE FRONTIER) is going to kick their *** at a competition involving that profession.
-After all Max said about this, how much you want to bet he doesn't give too much of a crap about Ash after a year or two?
-The writers make sure they don't have more than one emotional goodbye scene here by making May late for her boat. OF COURSE~
-...wait a damn minute, an instrumental of Chiisaki Mono's playing here! One word:yes.
-Aw, NOW Pikachu lets on that it's going to miss May(or maybe Max, you can never tell with that rat).
-Max and May say crap to each other, it's the next morning, and now Brock and Ash go their seperate ways. No emotion here either, but then again they probably figure that Brock worms his way back into Ash's group with due time anyway so no point being sappy about the goodbyes.
-Wait, Ash is hungry! ...geez, didn't they have breakfast? >> But Brock reminds Ash about something in Pallet(perhaps ASH'S MOMMA'S MEALS?), and Ash forgets his hunger for now.
-I think we get another instrumental of a song we've heard before here but I can't tell what it is.
-TR is stalking Ash already!
-But they've lost him?!
-They say stuff, and it ends out with them being optimistic again(with Maemuki Roketto-dan playing in the background, appropriatly enough).
-But wai, ELECTRICITY'S COMING FROM BELOW. Has Ash taken to pre-emptive strikes? No, it's...it's......it's...
-EGGMANROBOTNIKEGUMAN-SAMAROBUTTNIKDR.IVOROBOTNIK
-A few things have happened to him, though. He's ditched his glasses revealing his red/black eyes, he's gone strangely yellow and black striped, he's got some weird things sticking out of his back and the top of his head, but other than that, it's HIM! And he's back to his original plesently rotund self.
-Jessie wants to catch Robotnik for some reason(perhaps getting them to build them a better robot? Lord knows Scratch and Grounder could only be improvements on the typical devices. And perhaps Coconuts could become the anti-Aipom!)
-Robotnik uses some electricity(where's the robot doing THAT?) to knock down an apple for his eating pleasure as TR watch from behind a nearby bush.
-Here comes the net! And...ROBOTNIK IS NOT AMUSED.
-Robotnik yells something unintelligable("I hate that hedgehog!", probably.)
-Robotnik continues to yell("How DARE you interrupt me when I'm trying to look busy!") and yell while firing off lightning("I thought I got rid of you, you fish-fumbling fruitcake!"), which eventually attracts the attention of The Fastest Thing Ali...er, Ash. Who's really quite the opposite of being The Fastest Thing Alive, although he probably wouldn't say no to chili dogs.
-But at the top of the cliff(there's ALWAYS A cliff), arrives someone who sounds rather baddass. Which can only mean one thing:KNUCKLES!
-...okay, it was Gary. Eh, close enough.
-Oh, and Ash is where TR is now too.
-Elekible(see, they DON'T SAY IT AS BURU so DON'T SPELL IT THAT WAY! >O) is apparently Robotnik's newest psuedonym, and he manages to Iron Random-Protrudences his way out of the net at last.
-TR finally realizes just who they're messing with here, but sadly it's too late as a checkered ball on a chain slams into them an...sorry, that's not it. Robotnik gives them an ELECTRICAL PUNCH that blasts them off in a second.
-Ash tries to dex Robotnik, but no data is found. WELL DUH, HE'S A ROTUND EVIL GENIUS NOT A POKEMON! >O
-Ash parts ways with Gary and Robotnik for now.
-Ash enters his home, but...nobody's there! Not in the area he sees when he enters anyway, and obviously someone in the house couldn't be in anywhere BUT that area. He then goes to Oak's, but...no one's THERE, either! What, did Gary warn them he'd be coming back so they could evacuate the town? (/stole that bit from Chatsy >> <<)
-Ash actually explores other areas of the building this time! But he doesn't find anyon...POW! Turns out they WERE hiding, but in order to surprise him!
-Ash shows off his plaque to his mother(not the tooth kind the dentist scrapes off, mind you), and...Tracey starts bringing out food for a party!
-But wait, Gary's ready for a battle now, so him and Ash are gonig to...battle now!
-It's Robotnik VS Pikachu...huh?! Why is Robotnik bothering with a lowly rat?Does he think it'll give him practice against kicking the arses of small(in proprtion to his girth) speedy animals?
-...ooo, purdy Mezaze Pokemon Master music...
-Robotnik's and Pikachu's generic electric attacks balance each other out perfectly!
-Pikachu rushes at the Eggman with a Quick Attack, but...damn, he can JUMP now!
-A couple more attacks take place, then...Pikachu goes in for the Volt Tackle! But wait! Robotnik nullifies it with a Protect(ive shield)! Robotnik then goes in for the kill with another electrified punch, and succeeds!
-Note that Tracey's reffing this match. Yay!
-Anyway, ROBOTNIK WINS, BEE-OTCHES!
-Gary says stuff about the Battle Frontier and Shinou and blah blah BLAH.
-Getting his arse whooped by Robotnik made Ash want to enter the Shinou league, so there's no stopping him now! Strangely, Tracey's actually surprised by this. Ash's mom just stays in one spot...motionless...with shiny eyes...
-It's night now, and...Momma-san's making Ash some new clothes! (no store boughts for him, yessir!)
-Ooo, it's morning and Ash gets a fancy new Pokedex. That makes...four? Five?...dexes he's gotten so far. Yeesh.
-Ash departs(oh, he's leaving his Pokemon other than The Chu behind in case you didn't know), and everyone's HAPPI...except for Aipom. There's always that one who defies the "OKAY BYE NOW 8D" mentality, isn't there?
-On da boat...Ash's hat blows away in da wind...it mysteriously stops near da stairs...it's DA POM!
-Down below, TR's literally holding on to the side of the boat to keep up with it. Did their sub rust beyond repair during Houen or what?
-Hey, Aipom's not ridiculously huge for once! :O
-Check it out, the English at the end says "NEXT TIME...A NEW BEGINNING!". Ooo, variation.

That was made of win.

Thank you.

Nyami
22nd September 2006, 2:23 AM
There's several things I don't get in this episode:

-Gary coming back when supposedly he was written out after Johto
-Gary going to Shinou to train when he's a researcher, not a trainer
-How Ash surpassed Gary in Johto, learned so much, got better, and won the Battle Frontier, but Gary still wins and is all of a sudden better than him.
Gary is a supposedly a pokemon researcher, so it would make sense that he'd give more of his time to researching more than training? How'd he get so much better than Ash?
-Why in the HELL did Ash choose Pikachu to battle Elekible when he had Dophan (which the type advantage against Elekible)?

CyberCubed
22nd September 2006, 2:36 AM
Bringing Gary back was a smart move, but making him take Ash out like he was nothing was not.

The show is pretty much going backwards now. It's laughable that Ash, despite beating the strongest trainers in the world and becoming a Battle Frontier champion, loses to Gary so easily.

Blaziken Trainer
22nd September 2006, 3:32 AM
Bringing Gary back was a smart move, but making him take Ash out like he was nothing was not.

The show is pretty much going backwards now. It's laughable that Ash, despite beating the strongest trainers in the world and becoming a Battle Frontier champion, loses to Gary so easily.

I wouldn't call it easily. He put up a fight. And come on, the writers are just trying to make it real. If he won everytime, wheres the fun in that? It's more like real life, you win some, you lose some.

CyberCubed
22nd September 2006, 3:38 AM
There's no way in hell Gary should be stronger than Ash at this point. Or have Ash lose so miserably like that.

It was just poor writing with the writers trying to pass off Gary as an "invincible" trainer again.

Ash will probably wipe out Gary's entire team in the league again like in Johto.

Yamato-san
22nd September 2006, 4:14 AM
you tell 'em, Cyber. That bugged the hell outta me as well... though, later, the Electric Engine was brought up, and come to think of it, that's a reasonable excuse for him to lose (especially as he's unfamiliar with the characteristic). However, since when does the anime make use of characteristics? Only when it's very convenient, apparently.

You know what else bugged me? Where the hell did Haruka's Agehunt and Eneko go? She brought them back for Rivals Forever, and now she just ditched them again? And she didn't even use Eneko, what the hell was the point of bringing her back? Bah... Haruka's send-off is so friggin' unsatisfying -_- ('course, she is leaving with Zenigame still on her team/unevolved/alive, so that automatically earns a complaint from me)... damn them, why can't a friggin' co-star, who has a quest from the games like Satoshi, be a permanent member and representative of said quest? And if they wanted to plug Diamond/Pearl so badly, why not give her the Blue treatment (put her in the DP girl's clothes)? And yet Takeshi stays... [cough] but this isn't the thread to be getting into this.

raticatelover
22nd September 2006, 5:02 AM
Also Bulbasaur is left rotting forever at Oaks. But with a twist, its may's this time.

Pikafan
27th September 2006, 2:55 AM
I think Ash should have brung Corphish with him because it's the only pokemon during the BF that hasn't evolved.

SpongeBoblover
27th September 2006, 5:44 AM
I feel sad that May & Max left But if this is not there real goodbye then they might come back after Shinoru because Ash has a feeling that he might meet them again

CyberCubed
27th September 2006, 5:46 AM
He does promise Max to have a battle with him someday...so....

V Faction
29th September 2006, 5:08 PM
Just caught the episode, though I doubt anyone here will give a care to my own whimsical opinions.

To keep my trivial thoughts down from a long-winded speech, I'll sum this episode up in a span of 4 words: Gary, the ratings booster.

Thank you and good night. (Bows)

charizard trainer #1
3rd October 2006, 2:29 AM
Just caught the episode, though I doubt anyone here will give a care to my own whimsical opinions.

To keep my trivial thoughts down from a long-winded speech, I'll sum this episode up in a span of 4 words: Gary, the ratings booster.

Thank you and good night. (Bows)

Agreed with the ratings booster.

Legendary Dragonite
20th October 2006, 2:54 AM
Don't get me wrong, I think that Elekible is awesome, but shouldn't Gary have that Magmar evolution (Buuburn, I think)

In the Johto League, it was shown that Gary had a pretty strong Magmar on his team, so wouldn't it make more sense for him that evolution?;467; ;149;

charizardpal
20th October 2006, 6:10 PM
What bugs me is how Shigeru was dragged back in and how he won after not training his pokemon for the last year. Besides, didn't Shiegeru's Voice Actor quit anyway? Whatever.

Frankly, Satoshi's departure to Shinou and the release of D/P surprised me. I haven't been keeping up with stuff from Japan and assumed this stuff would take many more months to happen.

crestiano-love
23rd November 2006, 9:46 AM
IN THIS THREAD I WILL DO MY BEST 2 FIND IN THE POKEMON SITES 2 SEE IF GARY IS GOING 2 RETURN TO BE A POKEMON TRAINER . THANKS;munchlax;

pokeguy7294
23rd November 2006, 5:36 PM
this episode is awesome i love anime

pokeguy7294
23rd November 2006, 5:39 PM
this episode is awesome i love anime

pokeguy7294
23rd November 2006, 5:40 PM
i love anime so much it is awesome

Ashy Boy
27th January 2007, 5:22 PM
I don't know if I mention this once but at one time it seemed that Gary and Ash made amends to each other since their battle at the Johto League but now Gary seemed a bit more arrogant (but not as arrogant as Shinji) when he defeated Ash with his Elekible.

Korobooshi Kojiro
3rd March 2007, 2:56 PM
I couldn't enjoy this episode, because Electivire's nostrils were just TOO distracting and off-putting. I literally couldn't watch the screen for more then a second!

They also said the dub name of Masago Town...but I couldn't make it out...

Missingno. Master
3rd March 2007, 2:57 PM
They also said the dub name of Masago Town...but I couldn't make it out...

It was Sandgem town.

WaterDragon trainer
3rd March 2007, 2:59 PM
This episode was pretty good. It was cool to see that Ash and May split the medal for both of themselves. I felt really bad for Max, but hopefully he’ll eventually get some pokemon. I really can’t believe May and Max left. I’m really going to miss them. It was awesome to see another 4th generation pokemon, Electivire. It was also awesome to see Gary again. Seeing Tracey and Delia again was also kind of cool. The battle was pretty cool. It was so cool that Aipom decided to follow Ash to Sinnoh. At least the adventure was good while it lasted, although I’m fairly anxious to see what Hikari’s like.

Serebii and celibi
3rd March 2007, 3:00 PM
Sandgem Town Sounds interesting can,t wait till next week.

Zabi
It was Sandgem town.

Wasn't it Sandgen Town?

Jonouchi
Well...Tracey's voice sucked. Delia was good for the most part.

Good episode.

And next, D/P!

Manafi's Dream
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh! It's Over!!!
And We Won't See Another Episode Till Sinnoh Comes Out With Diamond And Pearl!!!
Wwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!:(:(:(:(:(

Shikamaru Nara
3rd March 2007, 3:01 PM
Makes me dislike Shigeru even more.

Shikamaru Nara
3rd March 2007, 3:02 PM
Wasn't it Sandgen Town?
My caption's say Sandgem. I could tolerate Shigeru's new vioce only when he was not talking in a sentence.

Mirai Mirai
3rd March 2007, 3:03 PM
Makes me dislike Shigeru even more.

I'm neutral towards hm.

But I agree with you. He can be a jerk.

BattleFranky~40
3rd March 2007, 3:04 PM
I'm now reminded how horrible Gary's dub voice is.

But Deliah's was milf-tastic

C.J. Ray
3rd March 2007, 3:05 PM
It sounded like "Sanjen Town", but yeah, it was probably Sandgem Town.

I'm really going to miss Max, because they kicked him from the show. (Come on, since when have the writers kept any of their promises - at the least, it'll be two more seasons before we ever see May and Max again.) Max was my favorite character. :(

They didn't mention Electivire's connection to Electabuzz at all. I guess they'll mention that late in the new series. Oh well. Great way to end the Advanced Series.

ManaphyEmuritto23
3rd March 2007, 3:06 PM
My caption's say Sandgem. I could tolerate Shigeru's new vioce only when he was not talking in a sentence.

it sounded like Sangam Town to me :P. (San-jem).

Is that the new name for Futaba Town or Masagno (sp?) Town? Or a different town (and yes, I know Futaba Town is Twinleaf Town)?

Neko Godot
3rd March 2007, 3:07 PM
Eh, it was an okay ending to the Advanced series. It felt way too rushed though.

Dax
3rd March 2007, 3:08 PM
It was a great episode I loved the line of TR:

Do you think that we'll ever learn?
I'll tell you next season

It was something like that but it was funny. The battle was great and the animation was good.

The best part: MAX IS GONE!
The bad part: SWELLOW IS GONE!

mangod/pikachu
I thought the episode was good, but the only thing I didn't like about it was Tracey and Gary's voice. Gary's voice was very high pitched and Tracey's voice sounded forced like he was trying to sound just like the old voice actor. To tell you the truth I don't like how the voice actors are trying to immitate the older ones. I'd rather hear new voices than ones that are just bad immitations. I mean if Ash came out with a deeper voice, I actually wouldn't mind. Otherwise good episode and I can't wait to see the Sinnoh episodes. ;026;

Pika Hikari KT
Is that the new name for Futaba Town or Masagno (sp?) Town? Or a different town (and yes, I know Futaba Town is Twinleaf Town)?
Masago Town.:)

Shikamaru Nara
Yeah, it sounded like Sangam to me too. Sandgem is just what my captions say.
Satoshi did say Masato will be there to remind him when he forgets.

zeno48
3rd March 2007, 3:15 PM
I have a question. Who voiced gary because It sounded awfully familiar like his old voice actor? Anyway an excellent episode for the most part. Glad to see may continuing on forward to become an excellent coordinator. I felt kind of sad for max even though I didn't like him that much. Tracy's new voice felt weird but okay. Gary appearence which is a + for me and Delia's new voice is really good. Overall great episode and looking forward to the sinnoh region.

Shikamaru Nara
3rd March 2007, 3:18 PM
Because the Voice Actor was trying to immitate his voice.

ShinyLucario
3rd March 2007, 3:49 PM
Well, this episode was. Yay for ELEKIBLE (I refuse to use the dub name)! Elekible is just awesome.<3

Now to wait for Shinou...

Gravy
3rd March 2007, 3:53 PM
Because the Voice Actor was trying to immitate his voice.

It was the exact same voice actor he's always had. Jimmy Zoppi works for PUSA now, fyi.

CharizardMaster
3rd March 2007, 4:03 PM
It was ok I guess though I didn't expect a tie in the contest.

Politoed Lover
3rd March 2007, 4:13 PM
It was a good episode but when will the new season start? I saw on Pokejungle that it starts next weekend.

Mandi.
3rd March 2007, 4:13 PM
May so should have kicked Ash's butt in the contest. She had an advantage. >< Grr, that what ticked me off.

But anyways, this was a nice ending episode for May and Max. I was so sad to see May leave when it first happened in Japan. D: They should have gotten a better good-bye though. It was weak.

It was good to see Gary again, and nice to see him and Ash battle, with Gary winning! YAY! <3

Nice ending for AG. I enjoyed the episode.

CyberCubed
3rd March 2007, 4:19 PM
Seeing this episode in the dub made me think May's departure was less rushed for some reason. It was still short, but now that I understand what they were saying, it had more meaning to it.

They probably wasted too much time with TR, but the battle between Ash and Gary was pretty good. Delia's new voice is great and Tracey is ok, not that we'll be seeing them two anytime soon.

Bobaboba
3rd March 2007, 4:47 PM
In the dub they removed instrumental version of ????? A Small Thing :(

When there is a Japanese song they NEED to JUST replace it with the ENGLISH VERISON OF THE SONG INSTEAD OF REPLACING IT WITH SOME CRAPPY INSTRUMENTAL SONG.

CyberCubed
3rd March 2007, 4:55 PM
The music with Ash Vs. Gary was so much better in the Japanese version it isn''t funny.

Rex Kamex
3rd March 2007, 5:09 PM
^Yeah, "Aim to be a Pokemon Master 2001" is the best version of the song there is, IMO. Well, I haven't heard the much of the 2002 version yet...

Seeing this episode in the dub made me think May's departure was less rushed for some reason. It was still short, but now that I understand what they were saying, it had more meaning to it.

I still wish that episode was at least divided into two episodes...

On a completely random note, those things they were eating really were sandwiches? When I first saw them, I thought they were a PUSA edit!

EDIT: Oh yeah, one interesting thing was that in the Kids WB commercial that was about Ash leaving his friends and going to Hoenn (with some "Gotta Catch You Later" scenes in it), even that was more emotional than the commercial for this episode. XD

"May and Ash finish their contest and then go their separate ways."

... That's it? Gee... XD

chosen_one386
3rd March 2007, 9:15 PM
Wow... I can't believe we're at the end of the season! This episode was awesome!!!

PANCAKE
3rd March 2007, 9:41 PM
In the dub they removed instrumental version of ????? A Small Thing :(

When there is a Japanese song they NEED to JUST replace it with the ENGLISH VERISON OF THE SONG INSTEAD OF REPLACING IT WITH SOME CRAPPY INSTRUMENTAL SONG.

The music with Ash Vs. Gary was so much better in the Japanese version it isn''t funny.

Oh dude, you gotta be kidding me!! I came here to inquire about that actually cause I missed the episode (DVR is full of John Stewart and South Park at 100%). I understand the lyrics were in Japanese, but that was perfect battle music. PUSA could have at least played the instrumental :@.

Shikamaru Nara
3rd March 2007, 11:47 PM
It was the exact same voice actor he's always had. Jimmy Zoppi works for PUSA now, fyi.
Seriously? He's gotten bad now then.

Medea
3rd March 2007, 11:47 PM
Well now...

-I've said it before and I will say it again...that tie between Ash and May felt so much like Erika's vision from the Pacifidlog contest. And that's just sick and wrong!
-TRACEY!!!
-No more of that pain in the arse Max! At all! That's as great as it gets!
-TRACEY!!!
-May's goodbye. At least they didn't end it with some crappy flashback montage of Hoenn/Battle Frontier.
-TRACEY!!!
-Electivire was pretty cool!
-TRACEY!!!
-Something I didn't say when I saw this a couple of months ago was that Gary's new look just really bugged. I don't care, I have to go off on that. He must have shrunk!
-TRACEY!!!
-Delia's voice was okay.

Okay, yeah, you all know how I feel here. And for those of you who want to burst my balloon and say that we won't be seeing Tracey for a while now can kiss my butt and shut up because this is my friggin' Christmas! Seeing Tracey was just the greatest for Medea. Now the one thing that just drove me nuts was hearing his new voice. I have been dreading this since the Mirage special and knew the day would come soon. It's just that, Ted Lewis just does a much better job. In fact I like all of the other voices I've heard of Tracey better than this one (as in Japanese, Spanish, and Dutch voice).

Well anywho, pretty good episode overall. Funny line from Team Rocket talking about "next season"

Toodles!

R_N
4th March 2007, 12:17 AM
Twas a good episode.
-Got to see Gary again(and an original voice actor)

-ELECTIVIRE!

-Decent set up for DP

&, most importantly of all,
-MAY & MAX ARE GONE!!!!!oneoneoneoneshift11111

ONe thing that got me though, was the battle.
Oh, it was great, don't get me wrong, but it just seemed....off. Because of the music I'd guess.
I've seen the battle in the Japanese version, and the music was MEzase Pokemon MAster(the first theme I believe), not what we got. It felt like a whoel different battle. & I don't copmlain about the music a lot, but I kinda wish they could have at least played the US' first theme, but I doubt they could(rights and all). Eh, hard to properly explain.

hiou2
4th March 2007, 3:13 AM
does anyone have a link of where I can view the english dub on youtube?

Psycho Power J
4th March 2007, 3:53 AM
Let's just say it as it is. Ash is an idiot. That is all.

CyberCubed
4th March 2007, 4:10 AM
&, most importantly of all,
-MAY & MAX ARE GONE!!!!!oneoneoneoneshift11111

Are you still whining that May replaced your Misty 4+ years later?

Jesus Christ. Get over it. :rolleyes:

Shikamaru Nara
4th March 2007, 6:35 AM
does anyone have a link of where I can view the english dub on youtube?
You have to become friend's on Youtube with someone that uploads the videos on private. Because they aren't allowed to just upload them for anyone anymore.

Inkan1969
4th March 2007, 7:04 AM
When Gary first spoke I thought that was another Meowth. His voice just didn't sound human. :( The other characters, Delia, Tracy and Professor Oak, they sounded off, too. Too caricatured.

Oh, well. I just hope May and Max can come back for guest appearances. Did anyone hear the name of the new Professor? I didn't hear it right.

Ashy Boy
4th March 2007, 9:48 AM
What did Gary say to Ash at the end of their battle?

Serebii
4th March 2007, 10:00 AM
Wow, way to be overly judgemental. I'ld like to see you do his job. Seriously. Once you do that, then you may be allowed to moan. Until then...shush

old guard truthseeker
4th March 2007, 1:49 PM
What did Gary say to Ash at the end of their battle?

"It’s great that ya won the Battle Frontier but that doesn’t mean you can relax. There are all sorts of tough Pokemon in Sinnoh that you don’t even know about yet, believe me!"

Gary sounds like Gary, whether you like him or not. He's never sounded any different, and the the whole Matt Mitler thing is a farse.

Jorah
4th March 2007, 1:55 PM
I actually thought it was sad that May and Max left. I thought it was a really good episode. Except I wanted to see Ash in his Sinnoh clothes.

Jigen
4th March 2007, 2:27 PM
Yeah i was wondering about his Sinnoh clothes. But i really think that Gary got taller not shorter.

Nathan Madien
4th March 2007, 2:44 PM
In my opinion, one of the things Pokemon does right is transitional episodes. I liked how Ash got transferred from the Battle Frontier arc to the Sinnoh arc. Seeing May and Max leave was a sad scene because this time, it is permanent (unlike Brock, who is like a boomerang). Gary sounded like Gary, so that didn't bother me. The only thing that did bother me a bit was how Tracey sounded a little more weeny-ish; but given the fact this is probably the only episode he will appear in for the time being, it isn't a big deal.

Ashy Boy
4th March 2007, 3:31 PM
"It’s great that ya won the Battle Frontier but that doesn’t mean you can relax. There are all sorts of tough Pokemon in Sinnoh that you don’t even know about yet, believe me!"

Is that what Gary really said when he beaten Ash? I thought he would say something in his own cocky tone like what happened in the ep The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing!

old guard truthseeker
4th March 2007, 4:19 PM
Is that what Gary really said when he beaten Ash? I thought he would say something in his own cocky tone like what happened in the ep The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing!

That's what he said. And then a few things to his Grand dad, and he left. He's mellowed a bit over the years.

Geodude
4th March 2007, 7:52 PM
TR had some good lines:

Meowth: "We should quit while we're behind!"

James: "Why should we dwell in the past?"
Meowth: "Let's look to our future mess-ups!"

XD

R_N
4th March 2007, 8:02 PM
Are you still whining that May replaced your Misty 4+ years later?

Jesus Christ. Get over it. :rolleyes:

No, its not that, it's just that I never really cared for May, just can't place my finger as to why, but I just didn't care for her & was glad to see her leave.

Also, I liked what TR said when they blasted off. Wasn't necicarrily funny, but made me smile jsut a bit.

CyberCubed
4th March 2007, 8:32 PM
No, its not that, it's just that I never really cared for May, just can't place my finger as to why, but I just didn't care for her & was glad to see her leave.

No, its because you're a Misty fan and you threw whiny fits when the writers got rid of her for a character who actually had a plot. Considering Misty was a total bore for the second half of her run, you have no excuse.

Juputoru
4th March 2007, 9:20 PM
No, its because you're a Misty fan and you threw whiny fits when the writers got rid of her for a character who actually had a plot. Considering Misty was a total bore for the second half of her run, you have no excuse.
...or is it because you're a huge May fan and you throw whiny fits whenever someone dares to dislike her or just plain not care about her? Considering that most of these people aren't trying to start an argument, you have no excuse.

Seriously dude. This sort of thing gets old when you do it whenever you see even the tiniest excuse to do so. You don't even let people explain themselves, and if you do you twist their words to suit your view. Some people don't understand the concept of "music" enough to realize that, hey, rap and hip-hop are music, but that doesn't give them the right to attack people who like those genres. I don't understand why some people like country music, but they do and no amount of bash...ranting from me is going to change that, and to be honest I don't have the right to criticize their tastes because tastes aren't debatable(that applies to music, food, liked characters, disliked characters, and so on).

Getting back on topic...
May's departure really did seem less rushed once I could understand what everyone was saying, and realized that hey they're not all "ok whatever" right away. As opposed to guessing that the scene went as follows:
-May says crap that boils down to "I want to do lots of contests and WIN and LEARN and MAKE OUT WITH DREW/SAORI/HARII/THOSE PEOPLE WHO KEEP STALKING MY CONTESTS/THE GUY WHO ONLY SAYS SUKI DESU NE~"
-Max sits himself down on a convenientlly located swing.
-Ash de-depresses Max by giving him a reserved battle slot(ie. chance to kick Max's ***) for whenever Max becomes a trainer, and Max cheers up at that, since he's seven and seven year olds are all cocky *******s who don't realize that someone several years their senior in a profession who's already gotten many honors of sorts is going to kick their *** at a competition involving that profession.

...actually, I was generally right back when I predicted that. Oh, Pokemon. Even in Japanese you're all too predictable.

I'm a tad surpised they changed Elecble's voice, but this one works. And it's not like we'd be hearing it a lot even if it sucked.
Ah, Team Rocket. We can always count on thee to break the fourth wall.
It became painstakingly obvious that Ash would lose the moment he said something to the effect of "I can't lose, I beat the Battle Frontier!", even after it's been taken into consideration that I've seen and read about the outcome months earlier.
Tracey's voice is...jarring...but we only hear him once every few hundred eps or so, so it's not that big of a deal.

jolteonjak
5th March 2007, 2:41 AM
Ok, I'm not even going to bother reading the rest of the new stuff since the episode aired because of the volatility of this whole forum :(

May and Max are gone...oh well I'm over it. Even though I already know what happens, I still kind of wish Max could still go with Ash to Shinnoh.

Was that Gary's original voice? I didn't sound quite right for some reason..oh well. Electivire looks like a big squishy in the anime. While we're at it, Tracy and Delia sound like crap too..oh well.

On a whole, this episode was just ok. Ash made yet another promise that we'll never see fulfilled. *sigh* Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised is we see Max again...

uncutpokemon
5th March 2007, 3:25 AM
i don't get why you all hate the new voice of Tracy, i kinda liked it (i never liked the old voice, made him sound like a total weaner) anyway loved the choice song in the origonal, mad as hell at PUSA for not giving us something special like they did the last 2 times that called for a vocal song. and Electavire should have kept his origonal voice, wonder why they didn't.

purelegend
5th March 2007, 3:49 AM
I just saw the episode I gotta say after watching the whole advance season I was pretty sad in the end. Well these break up things always act like this, but its sad how they just got rid of max like that.

Anyways I though it would have been good for max to travel with ash as well. But were not far enough in diamond and pearl yet to really determine if any extra charaters joins the trio. There's still some hope for max maybe.

purelegend
5th March 2007, 3:50 AM
I just saw the episode I gotta say after watching the whole advance season I was pretty sad in the end. Well these break up things always act like this, but its sad how they just got rid of max like that.

Anyways I though it would have been good for max to travel with ash as well. But were not far enough in diamond and pearl yet to really determine if any extra charaters joins the trio. There's still some hope for max maybe.

purelegend
5th March 2007, 3:55 AM

Gold/Silver18
5th March 2007, 5:00 PM
...or is it because you're a huge May fan and you throw whiny fits whenever someone dares to dislike her or just plain not care about her? Considering that most of these people aren't trying to start an argument, you have no excuse.

Seriously dude. This sort of thing gets old when you do it whenever you see even the tiniest excuse to do so. You don't even let people explain themselves, and if you do you twist their words to suit your view. Some people don't understand the concept of "music" enough to realize that, hey, rap and hip-hop are music, but that doesn't give them the right to attack people who like those genres. I don't understand why some people like country music, but they do and no amount of bash...ranting from me is going to change that, and to be honest I don't have the right to criticize their tastes because tastes aren't debatable(that applies to music, food, liked characters, disliked characters, and so on).

haha, ownage!

But seriously, that poster is so annoying. He can't accept the fact that not all people agree with his own opinions.

He says that Misty fans are annoying, well..his constant bashing of those who like Misty is even more annoying...

CyberCubed
5th March 2007, 5:02 PM
haha, ownage!

But seriously, that poster is so annoying. He can't accept the fact that not all people agree with his own opinions.

He says that Misty fans are annoying, well..his constant bashing of this who like Misty is even more annoying...

Which is completely false. I know Snowy Articuno is one of those people who went nuts when they got rid of his precious Misty, he's posted about it previously.

Is it no surprise the people who don't like May are all Misty fanatics? There's a reason why they're the laughing stock of the fandom, their own character was a horrible bore during Johto and they try to "pretend" that May was the same way to make them feel better about themselves, when all they do is continue to give themselves a big red target. They deserve everything they get.

Cobalt_Latios
5th March 2007, 6:13 PM
Wow, a very good episode that proves that PUSA are just as good as 4kids. In a sense it felt well paced, and for once did not feel cliched! (at least to me).

Let's do in chronological order shall we. First off, We get the results of the contest, even if we could just barely see through the smoke. Afterwards, May explains about what she's going to be doing, but Max isnt quite so giddy.

Okay time for a quick rant:
The writers seriously gave May and Max some form of amnesia. May is able to remember something from halfway through Advanced til now, but isnt able to remember something that happened in about that same til the the episode May's Egg-cellent adventures. She can remember starting off her journey, becoming a coordinator, but she can't remember seeing Pokemon eggs for roughly a little bit less of that time??[end rant/]

Also, for May's whole reminiscence thing, i find it funny how Ash and Brock mention Solidad and Harley, but not Drew. Strange but yes.

The whole departure actually didnt feel rushed. You got to see them one last time before it switched back to Ash and Brock. On that note, the sign looked like it had nothing on them. How the heck is that supposed to tell them where they're supposed to go? Not only that, but that doesnt even look like the same split that we saw in Hoenn, or in Johto. They'll probably have another completely different one after Sinnoh.

Electivire. What a cool Pokemon. Takes out Team Rocket fast and slightly better than ol' Pika(though Volt Tackle is an improvement). I wasnt surprised that Gary's voice is the ONLY one to remain the same. Afterall, in the episode Cradle to Save, there is one guy that does sound EXACTLY like him. Jimmy Zoppi did a good job with this episode. 3 characters: Meowth, Professor Oak, and Gary Oak. Also, Team Rocket's quote is pretty funny, Meowth then breaks the 4th wall, again.

The whole surprise party was a nice little touch, as this is a cool little accomplishment for him. Then he battles Gary. Seems Gary has remembered what Ash did back in Johto; he pulls it off once more with Electivire. Ironic how Electivire uses Protect, right after Ash says that in middair it has no defenses. Yes Ash you beat the Frontier. But Gary battles quite similar to you. Remember that. Ash'll never learn, oh well at least it's still fun.

Ash leaving, with the new Pokedex already was a little strange, but afterall, had Cartoon Network not rushed through this, we probably wouldnt have this situation now would we? Aipom following Ash was sort of neat, afterall, he sorta just got it.
(god, trying not to put spoilers is quite hard, espescially when you sort of know what will happen.)

Anyhow, this is a mix of Gotta Catch Ya Later, a Scheme Team, the end of Johto Photo Finish, and a Tents situation. At least it did to me.

~C_L~

Bobaboba
5th March 2007, 7:35 PM
The dub was o.k. I'm a little upset that they changed the theme (A small thing ~ ending theme to the 6th movie) when Saotshi and Takeshi were saying good-bye to Haruka and Masato.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As4fg_U-gAE

at 6:18 - 8:23

Geodude
5th March 2007, 11:09 PM
Wow, a very good episode that proves that PUSA are just as good as 4kids. In a sense it felt well paced, and for once did not feel cliched! (at least to me).

What do those things have to do with PUSA/4Kids? You make it sound as if the dubbers actually write the original episodes. That can't be what you mean, so please be more clear next time.

asia_catdog_blue
6th March 2007, 12:11 AM
I just realized something. How could Ash's Pokedex get no data from Electrivire, yet his and May's got data from past Shinno Region Pokemon they met?

Zig Zag
6th March 2007, 1:22 AM
;munchlax; I never got to see the episode, but hopefully I get to see it this Saturday

Hikozaru390
6th March 2007, 1:56 AM

Alright, you prominently do a voice (Gary), and then regularly do a voice four years later separate from the old one (Zoppi's Meowth), and then go back to the original voice from four years ago (Gary again) and try not to mesh it with the voice you've become used to. (Meowth) Hard, isn't it?

He's improved since his last Gary performance at least.

I didn't care for Tracey's dub voice, sounded too young. Not like he's a main character.

Electivire was so over-powered it's not even funny. Unless Gary caught that Elekid from Reversing the Charges and evolved it. Which kinda isn't possible since he was in Sinnoh the whole time.

Was that stuff about Brock's lunch in the original? It seems like some dumb dub-addon.

I remember watching the Japanese version of this episode when it premiered, so now I know first-hand how bad the music is being done. The main thing for me was when Ash and Brock were at the cross-roads.

About that cross-roads, wouldn't Ash have to cross through Viridian City? Like, a few flashbacks or something would have been nice there.

Gary seems so tall, then you see him between Oak and Delia. >_<

And, of course, Ash has to immediately leave for Sinnoh. Does he, like, ever stay home? At least he kept his old clothes on, for who knows why. We'll see the new ones soon enough. (But not soon enough for most fans to handle.)

Platypus234
6th March 2007, 2:56 AM
May should have won the battle, and you all know it. Sceptile blocking Blaze Kick with Pound and not getting hurt? Overheat being blocked by Solarbeam, which is not only weaker, and at a type disadvantage, but requires time to charge? This ridiculous main character catering (along with Pikachu single handedly taking down a fully healed Regice) is why I will no longer watch the anime.

Geodude
6th March 2007, 4:12 AM
What makes you think it didn't get hurt? Sceptile and Blaziken were both looking hurt and winded towards the end there, even though Blaziken didn't get a single unblocked, direct hit of a Fire attack the whole time. Everything contributed towards the fatigue and hurt. And you're conveniently forgetting that this is Ash's Sceptile we're talking about, one who has much more battle experience than May's newly evolved Blaziken...or have you been watching at all the last several years? Sceptile lives for battling, it'd put up a darn good fight against a double disadvantage (such as a Charizard) if it had to.

MechaBulba
6th March 2007, 11:26 AM
Cool Episode. Elictvire (ep) was cool and makes a nice adition to Gary's team. I hope we see him again latter in D/P.

I kind of feel sorry for Ashs mom when she was making his new outfit as he only stayed for one day. Shame we never got to see the restr of the okaed pokes and how glacie and torkoal are fitting in. But nice to see Aipom join Ash. however it was unfair of him to leave her since she nly had like 2 battles and none where offical.

wobbanut
7th March 2007, 3:45 AM
Wow, I LOVE Gary's new outfit, it's even better on-screen than in the episode caps. :)

I was really tearing up when May and Max left. I had the feeling I would have felt the same way if I had seen "Pokeball Peril" in its first run and thought Brock might not be coming back. May and Max have been such an integral part of the show for four seasons, and it'll be so strange not having them around. I loved May's enthusiasm, her early lack of knowledge of pokemon, her interactions with her pokemon, her squabbles with Max (ones that weren't hurtful), and the way she battled in later episodes. I just like her so much more than Misty, she was a girly girl who was fun to watch and who we could really see grow as a character and a battler along the way. Her best episode was "True Blue Swablu". I also liked Max for his humorous lines, his ear-grabbing of Brock, his occasional teasing of May, his occasional smarmy attitude. His best episode was "Do I Hear a Ralts". Here's hoping we will be seeing them again in the future.

As far as everyone else goes in this episode, I hated Tracey's new voice (it kind of sounded like his nice old one, just muted, but it made him sound 10), loved Delia's, I knew Gary would sound the same, and I was glad to see Mr. Mime again. :) The fight between Ash and Gary was good, but I knew it was over when Ash started sounding overconfident. I also liked when Ash ran off to have his mom's cooking, and Brock noted that some things never change. LOL

Overall, a satisfying conclusion to a stupendous season, one that definitely ended up in my top three (whether it'll top Master Quest and Orange Islands, my top two, remains to be seen). I'll miss May and Max a lot, but at least Hikari is looking to be an interesting character.

10/10

Darkness Angel
8th March 2007, 11:07 PM
I like Elictvire suits Gary plus it was nice seeing him again.

halloweenghost
9th March 2007, 9:45 AM
May should have won the battle, and you all know it. Sceptile blocking Blaze Kick with Pound and not getting hurt? Overheat being blocked by Solarbeam, which is not only weaker, and at a type disadvantage, but requires time to charge? This ridiculous main character catering (along with Pikachu single handedly taking down a fully healed Regice) is why I will no longer watch the anime.

So you cannot tell me you've never battled in game a type you had disadvantge against,.but you had a higher level and still won the battle?

Serebii and celibi
10th March 2007, 12:47 PM
Theres something terrible ther going to show the 1ST episode of Battle Frontier in exchange for D/P this is so stupid.

tyroto411
20th March 2007, 8:34 PM
Is this the latest episode aired in the U.S.?

Voltrex
23rd March 2007, 12:55 PM
Pikachu loses... even after defeating a regice....Ya know.. Pikachu never did when against gary did he?

DarkLucairo
25th March 2007, 1:50 PM
Yeah. Gary must use steroids. LOL. It was greaty seeing gary again. But his vvoice is really crappy.

Vitality
2nd April 2007, 7:45 PM
Hi, i'm new, I not English, I'm Italian. So if I Make some mistakes... Sorry. Is this the last episode of all series of Pokčmon? I hope it doesn't!

pokemonmaster310
3rd April 2007, 6:43 PM
May is gone.goodbye.Suck it up.We all had good times but now we have Dawn.I Wish Pikachu BROKE DAWN'S BIKE TO MAKE A MEMORY OF MISTY AND MAY@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pokemonmaster310
3rd April 2007, 6:44 PM
May is gone.goodbye.Suck it up.We all had good times but now we have Dawn.I Wish Pikachu BROKE DAWN'S BIKE TO MAKE A MEMORY OF MISTY AND MAY@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pokemonmaster310
3rd April 2007, 6:48 PM
;490; May is gone.goodbye.Suck it up.We all had good times but now we have Dawn.I Wish Pikachu BROKE DAWN'S BIKE TO MAKE A MEMORY OF MISTY AND MAY@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vitality
4th April 2007, 9:55 AM
I hope Ash fall in love with Dawn! It will be great!:025n172:

Vitality
4th April 2007, 9:57 AM
What do you think?

Leona
4th April 2007, 10:06 AM
Omg!! i loved this episode

<3 Electivire

EternalSmasherSceptile
4th April 2007, 10:12 AM
cool episode.
Loved Sceptile.
Hated Gary's voice. (he's on drugs! :o)
oh, and I noticed that Electivire looks like a gorilla at some points of the episode.

(I wish I'd joined earler so I could've posted on the other episodes with Sceptile in them. (cutting the ties that bind, ka-boom with a view)

CyberCubed
4th April 2007, 5:18 PM
;490; May is gone.goodbye.Suck it up.We all had good times but now we have Dawn.I Wish Pikachu BROKE DAWN'S BIKE TO MAKE A MEMORY OF MISTY AND MAY@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who is this lunatic?

Torkoal Stu
4th April 2007, 5:27 PM
I thought Gary's VA was the same because that guy works for PUSA now or did @_@

If so, how can his new voice 'suck' if its the same guy?

Pacman
6th April 2007, 6:51 AM
A alright episode. To bad, Pikachu lost.

Tabris
11th April 2007, 8:13 PM
Great episode. Will miss May, but bring on Dawn!

Also, hated Gary's voice.

Kept things short because I'm pretty much repeating what's already been said quite a few times already.

RandomCharizard
11th April 2007, 11:19 PM
Great episode. Will miss May, but bring on Dawn!

Also, hated Gary's voice.

Kept things short because I'm pretty much repeating what's already been said quite a few times already.

hahahahaha
hahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahhaha

You know it was the same voice actor thats done it since Kanto, right?

lol, pokemon fans.

Knight_Ram
8th June 2007, 11:54 AM
Great to see Gary, that little midget that he is... Still hasn't changed much though. Love his new Electivire!! Ash and Pikachu are still the same against Gary.

Rebeccag
11th July 2007, 11:03 PM
Like this episode and its nice to see Gary again ^_^. I started getting emotinal though when May and Max left on the boat im gonna miss them. I laughed though when Aipom wanted to stay with Ash so Aipom stored away on the boat hehe

HelloKitty17
18th July 2007, 8:08 AM
Oh god I love Gary, he has the 'I'm hardcore yet a punk' thing going for him. xD Bye May! I'm glad she is going to Johto, it was a good way to end her career. Plus she is with her rivals which is best. Bye to Max, who I can't stand. & Hello Dawn. She's ok I guess. A little preppish for me, and her voice killed me when I first heard it but I guess I'll live. =\

zeno48
18th July 2007, 8:09 AM
Gary was great in this episode. He really put Ash in his place and Gary with an electivire was pretty cool.

Crasher
1st August 2007, 9:57 AM
First aperance of a sinnoh pokemon in a non-movie! Great battle, I liked his new clothes his mom made for him but I hated tracey's voice. It's all croaky.

pipersgirl™
1st August 2007, 10:00 AM
It was ok.

Venusaur Master
1st August 2007, 2:52 PM
The batle of pikachu and electivire was my favourite part

pikafour
1st August 2007, 2:54 PM
that episode was zany;355;

phyzexxx
1st November 2007, 7:43 AM
It was good to see Gary again, but I don´t like this episode because May left.

HikariTajiri
6th February 2008, 7:43 PM
Yeah!!! This episode RULES!!! Gary! Tracey! Ash! An awesome Ash/Max scene- is this a hint that Max will return? And he'll be a trainer then? I really hope so!!!

Dark Arceus
10th February 2008, 9:24 AM
Latest episode aired in the UK. It was great, and electivire looked so cool!

bhrettzerda053
26th March 2008, 10:17 AM
Too bad May wiil have her last apperance here in this episode. I wish she could prefer going to Sinnoh with Ash and Brock, but she'd rather go to Johto-without Max! It's no surprise that Aipom is a stowaway in the boat Ash's riding on to Sinnoh. There's no sign of Ash's Glalie, Sceptile, Corphish, Totodile, Bayleef, Cyndaquil,etc. anymore in the next one, the first episode of the DP series. Gary's Electivire sure is good, if it learned to be the powerhouse of his team.

GDE
28th October 2008, 11:03 PM
sigh, I wish May had stayed with ash, she was the best partner, better than misty and dawn by far

HoennMaster
29th October 2008, 3:42 AM
In your opinion yes. In mine no.

Tadashi
30th October 2008, 5:02 AM
One of my favorite episodes ^_^ (Yes, because it has both Ash and Gary in it... but I digress)

I was a bit sad to see May and Max leave, but as ShinyCelebi pointed out, I barely felt any emotion seeing them leave. When Misty left, I cried a little... XD;

Anyway. Seeing Gary leap off that cliff and land in front of Ash... squee!!! It's like a superhero movie ^______^ I like researcher!Gary. He looks nice in his labcoat ^_^ There was this moment, when they were standing next to each other... I remember them back in the very first episode. Seeing them now, how much they've both matured... made me feel warm inside ~^^~

Good battle, too. Electivire looked a little... badly animated... but hey, we had a nice battle ^_^ Again, one of my favorites. Woohoo!

csisps_26
30th October 2008, 5:40 PM
A great episode, really. Agreed with Tadashi on the part where Gary jumped down the cliff. Yay! Great battle. But, erm... oh, never mind. At least we get to see Gary. & Ash battle, of course. Agreement #2: Not emotional when May/Max left. Misty's departure was dramatic. & it was very... shippy. Almost cried that episode. This one? Maybe if Ash/Gary comma-ed. Which will never happen LOL.

*scuttles off*

Tadashi
30th October 2008, 8:14 PM
[FONT=Georgia]Comma-ed? lolwut? And why not, may I ask? ;D

Hmm... Misty's departure was far more shippy-y, wasn't it? At least her exit was satisfactory... with May and Max it was kinda abrupt, like "kthxbai!" Kinda thing.

Oh well. Still love the episode ^_^

CyberCubed
30th October 2008, 8:17 PM
The reason why it wasn't as emotional is because May wanted to separate from Ash and follow her rivals to Johto, whereas Misty was forced to leave against her will because of her sisters.

May had nothing to be sad about, so she just said goodbye and moved on. Besides she shows up again in DP with the half ribbon anyway, so she at least keeps something from Ash on her journey in Johto.

Torpoleon
9th November 2008, 12:23 AM
If Pikachu gets captured by Tram Rocket it should use Iron tail like what Gary's Electivire(Yeah!)did.Gary is smarter than Ash.(no offense)

TurtwigFan1
1st January 2009, 9:04 PM
A nice way to end the Advanced Generation. Seeing Electivire in action was awesome and May and Max at the beginning was great. I felt sorry for Max when May announced she'd be going to Johto alone. It was a great episode, and it's off to Sinnoh now!

Igottapoo
19th January 2009, 11:05 AM
Seeing everyone part was sad. But Gary's got a cool Pokemon. Good that he left all of his Pokemon behind. That really stinked when he didn't do that for Johto. Would have been better if he did with Pikachu too but you know how it is.

(s.i.e)
10th March 2009, 1:05 PM
i'm not much a fan of gary but his pokemon were cool in this episode, 8/10.

Littlemyuu
10th March 2009, 4:27 PM
I like Gary, his Electrivire..he got some good Pokemon

Blue Snover
20th April 2009, 11:28 AM
I think it was a little obvious that Gary would beat Ash yet again.

Does he never learn?

At least Max is finally gone, it was a shame May left as well i like her.

MidnightMelody
1st May 2009, 12:10 PM
When Ash and Gary battled why did they not play the first op like they did in the orginal?

Shadow XD001
1st June 2009, 12:31 AM
The match Ash and gary had was good. Although Ash beat the BF, that doesn't mean he could beat Gary, especially against a Sinnoh Pokemon.(he wasn't in Sinnoh at the time) Electivire are really cool Pokemon, Gary has great taste in Pokemon.

Surfer_Dude
26th September 2009, 7:47 AM
hahahaha electivire is amusing and powerful.

this is the last episode where sceptile will apear for now :( :( :(

WHERE IS HO OH?!?!?!

Ash-kid
12th December 2009, 3:28 PM
Gary vs Ash just showed that Ash's win in Johto league was only luck.

Gary's Electrivire was really strong. maybe even more then Blastoise.

Lorde
25th January 2010, 9:48 PM
Wow, the end of Ash and May's match. Both Pokemon lost meaning it was a draw. It was sooo cute that May and Ash split the ribbon and kept a piece as a memento ;_;

I was sad to see Max cry and want to stay with Ash but he had to return home. I'll miss May and Max. Why did Brock and Ash split up? Brock was going to Sinnoh anyway, kinda pointless. Though Team Rocket fighting against a genius like Gary was priceless.

Funny how history repeats itself, right before Ash went to Johto, he lost to Gary and now it happens again. It's fate.

Anyway, next time, a new adventure! 10/10

Willow's Tara
31st May 2010, 1:20 AM
I guess Brock had something to do in Pewter City like always, I wonder exactly what is it Brock does when he goes to Pewter City? Or does he have a secret life where he has a wife and kids?.

Anyways last episode of the season, it was sad when May and Ash split ways but it was kind of short, I am surprised they didn't have clips of May/Max with Ash. I can see why Max was upset too because I would be too after having so much fun on an adventure then having to go home while everyone else you know is off somewhere else.

Nice to see Electivire and Gary in this episode. Of course Gary would win in this episode I guess Electivire is stronger then Ash's Pokemon (Did he use Pikachu? It would make sense for Electivire to be stronger with it's ability Motor Drive). Kinda sad episode too because it's the last of AG, wish we had seen all of his Pokemon in this episode. Of course Aipom was going to follow him to Sinnoh

saar
27th June 2010, 10:33 AM
Gary's return was a bit suprising, since I didn't think he would be the one who suggest Ash to go to Sinnoh, since he's not a trainer anymore. He does care about Ash but he doesn't show this in public.

Electivire wasn't so strong but Gary was smart enough to beat Pikachu, again. Ash should have used his brain, like he always did. This time he didn't.

Freedom
29th June 2010, 12:52 PM
That's strange how Joy said that the Pokemon contest rules for when there's a draw is that they both get the ribbon? In an ep not too long ago there was a draw and they had to battle until the Pokemon fainted.

Anyway, it was a nice end to the Advance saga. Pretty much the same thing as the last time Ash left town.

Antiyonder
12th December 2010, 7:45 AM
To disagree with some comments, I don't think that being from another region factors into Electivire beating Pikachu, but more because it's a strong Pokemon (evolving from an Electabuzz), and because Ash lacks familiarity with it.

That's strange how Joy said that the Pokemon contest rules for when there's a draw is that they both get the ribbon? In an ep not too long ago there was a draw and they had to battle until the Pokemon fainted.

Since this wasn't a regular contest (Ash not needing a pass and all), perhaps such a rule doesn't apply?

Agreement #2: Not emotional when May/Max left. Misty's departure was dramatic. & it was very... shippy. Almost cried that episode. This one? Maybe if Ash/Gary comma-ed. Which will never happen LOL.

*scuttles off*

I agree and disagree. Max's part of the departure is a bit moving, but only because of his discussion with Ash. May's departure though didn't seem to do anything to render a sad feeling. Bittersweet at the most.

As for Misty's departure, the music and dialogue help to render her departure to be emotional. Plus while Brock continued with Ash to Hoenn and Sinnoh, Misty's departure means the end of the original trio. An end to an era.

Lance The Champ
17th December 2010, 9:40 AM
The Battle Frontier season has certainly ended with a bang...... Gary's Electivire was something.... but still that loss urged Ash to travel to Sinnoh

Painkiller2001
28th January 2011, 1:44 AM
It was cool for them to show us one more Sinnoh Pokemon (Electivire) before AG officially came to a close.

Electivire likes them apples!

I thought that for sure Misty would make an appearance. I just had a feeling.

It was awesome to see Gary again!

See ya around, Hoenn! Here we come, Sinnoh!

G50
27th April 2011, 3:26 AM
This episode was ok... It was cool to find out that it was a tie between Ash and May. It was cool to see Gary again, and to see Electivire for the 1st time. It was interesting to see a battle between Electivire and Pikachu, not surprising that Pikachu lost. May/Max and Ash finally part ways, it was sad to see, but inevitable. It was interesting to see Aipom stowing away on the boat, not surprising that it ends up going with Ash.

30/100

TheEpicGoomba
7th May 2011, 3:48 PM
I really like this episode. It was cool that it was a draw between May and Ash. Cool to see Ash vs Gary.9/10

TheBattleFrontierAsh1
8th August 2011, 3:04 AM
I liked this episode mainly because its the last battle that both ash and gary have.
Even though he returned later in sinnoh This is the last time we see him battle ash.

shinycelebi22
9th December 2011, 9:59 PM
hi everyone

Blessed
30th January 2012, 5:03 PM
It wasn't emotional when May/Max left except maybe when Max wanted to be a trainer like his sister. & Ash lost yet another battle with Gary when he came home from a region twice already.

CyberCubed
31st January 2012, 6:00 AM
I wonder why they spent so much time on Gary in this episode when he barely appears in DP anyway. So much for Gary's "Comeback" to the series...lol

Haunter ゴースト
12th February 2012, 2:28 PM
I wonder why they spent so much time on Gary in this episode when he barely appears in DP anyway. So much for Gary's "Comeback" to the series...lol

They simply used him as a plot device to get Ash to travel to Sinnoh, simple as that.

Gary's Electivire was what inspired Ash to travel there, much like how Blaziken inspired Ash to travel to Hoenn.

Caseydia
10th March 2012, 3:29 AM
Milhouse's retarded little brother(Max) had more development than Brock. They should have dropped him for DP and put Max up.

This was all just too sad seeing them leave. And Brock is really just a reck going back home to his irresponsible parents only to be sent back. Plus I think the reason why the emotion wasn't there because May wasn't close to Brock neither was May as they could have been. They were more towards Ash. Plus also the super contestshipping hints that messed up Adancedshipping cause the emotion in this episode to go south not north.

Eh, I'm just mad because I liked the Hoeen group. It got boring because it was like Brock wasn't there in DP so it really felt like it was two instead of a three group.

Vernikova
6th October 2012, 12:47 AM
and put Max up.

Nooooo Casey. >:(

Good episode. Sad to see May leave. Screw Max. Bring back Brock. Ash is still Ash.

Caseydia
18th December 2012, 5:25 PM
Nooooo Casey. >:(

Good episode. Sad to see May leave. Screw Max. Bring back Brock. Ash is still Ash.

And look what that did. I rather have had Max come if Brock was going to go and give him a pokemon. Even if it was a small one.

Vernikova
18th December 2012, 7:21 PM
And look what that did. I rather have had Max come if Brock was going to go and give him a pokemon. Even if it was a small one.

Brock should've stayed even longer than Ash. It could've been a type of meta running gag. :333

CyberCubed
18th December 2012, 9:18 PM
Rewatching this episode you have to wonder why they gave such a huge chunk of it to Gary when:

a) He had almost no presence in AG whatsoever

b) He doesn't even appear for most of DP anyway, he only gets 3 episodes

What on earth was the point of hyping Gary up like this when he was just going to remain a minor character in the next arc?

TheMewster
1st November 2013, 7:03 PM
As the AG series' farewell episode, the writers could have done a better job in my opinion but it was alright I guess...
Gary returning WAS EPIC! He's the reason (and his Electivire) why this finale episode was worth watching!

PokemontrainerY
1st November 2013, 9:14 PM
This was a pretty Good episode. Ash and May's battle was nice, it's cool that they both got the ribbon.
It's kinda Sad to see May leave, but there was lack of emotion in her departure. Only Max showed some emotion when they had part ways.

Gary's Electrive was stornger than Ash's Pikachu, so he had to lose the battle. It would be interesting if Ash battles Gary again someday(he should defeat Gary the next time).
I liked how Aipom came along with Ash at the end.

PokemonJesus123
22nd November 2013, 10:18 AM
but there was lack of emotion in her departure. Only Max showed some emotion when they had part ways.

Totally agree with you there! Compared to his farewell episode from Master Quest, this one didn't really have that emotional "goodbye, I'll miss you feeling" except for Max wanting to battle with Ash one day...