PDA

View Full Version : New Battle Dome Team

Shadow Tyranitar
15th September 2006, 6:32 PM
Ok this is the team I posted a few days ago and it has a ton of improvements and some pokemon were added.Once again,the 6 are split into 2 teams..........These teams are for the Battle Dome.

Golem@leftovers
Adamant nature
EVs:152 atk,200 def,158 sp def

Rockslide
Double-edge
Brick Break
Earthquake

No strategy here.

Breloom@leftovers
Adamant nature
EVs:252 atk,252 spd,6 hp

Spore
Focus Punch
Leech Seed
Sub

Put foe to sleep,then sub,then leech seed,if foe wakes up now,put him back to sleep,then focus punch if sub isn't broken.

Sharpedo@Choice Band
Hasty nature
EVs:252 atk,152 speed,106 sp atk

Return
Earthquake
Surf
Ice Beam

No startegy here.

Cacturne@Brightpowder
Calm nature
EVs:170 def,170 hp,170 sp def

Leech Seed
Sandstorm
Double-team
Toxic

Not meant for its usual purpose.Sandstorm + brightpowder + double-team = almost always miss.While all that is put up,toxic,then leech seed the foe.

Heracross@Salac Berry
Adamant nature
EVs:252 atk,152 sp def,50 hp,56 def

Endure
Reversal
EQ
Rockslide

No need to explain,as everyone knows how this works..........

Kingdra@leftovers
Hardy nature
EVs:90 atk,120 def,100 sp def,100 sp atk,100 hp

rain dance
surf
bounce
ice beam

rain dance 2x speed,bounce,anything else from here..........

What do you think?Is it good?

Somebody
15th September 2006, 6:42 PM
Ok this is the team I posted a few days ago and it has a ton of improvements and some pokemon were added.Once again,the 6 are split into 2 teams..........These teams are for the Battle Dome.

Golem@Choice Band
Adamant nature
EVs:176 HP/252 Attack/80 Defense
Rockslide
Double-edge
Explosion
Earthquake
Explosion is neccessary on Golem imo, you've got no reason to use it over Rhydon otherwise.
No strategy here.

Breloom@leftovers
Adamant nature
EVs:252 atk,252 spd,6 hp

Spore
Focus Punch
Sky Uppercut
HP: Ghost/Sludge Bomb/Return
Leave Subseeding to Sceptile.

Sharpedo@Choice Band
Hasty nature
EVs:252 atk,152 speed,106 sp atk

Return
Earthquake
Surf
Ice Beam

No startegy here.

Cacturne@Brightpowder
Quiet
EVs: 60 HP/220 Attack/228 Sp.A
Substitute
Focus Punch
Needle Arm
Thunderpunch
I'm no expert on Cacturne, but trust me, trying to stall with it just doesn't work. Especially when it's 'annoyer style' stalling.

Heracross@Salac Berry
Adamant nature
EVs:252 atk,252 Speed

Endure
Reversal
Megahorn
Swords Dance

No need to explain,as everyone knows how this works..........

Kingdra@leftovers
Modest
EVs:252 HP/252 Sp.A/4 Sp.D

Rain Dance
Surf
Ice Beam
Toxic
rain dance 2x speed,bounce,anything else from here..........

What do you think?Is it good?
EVs are messed up as always, but I guess it's better.

Amaranth
15th September 2006, 7:33 PM
KOOl
but
no double edge imo

Shadow Tyranitar
15th September 2006, 8:07 PM
Yes,I do know the evs and stuff but my ev spreads will always suck.Thats why I usually just leave them out.

Explosion on golem,I guess I'll try explosion on him for once..........

I don't like megahorn on heracross.I like rockslide better,as it covers more types,including his top weakness:flying.Plus megahorn is less likely to hit.

Everything else will be changed to the suggested way.

THANX.........

aragornbird
15th September 2006, 8:34 PM
Kingdra couldn’t even learn Bounce.

KOOl
but
no double edge imo
Golem has Rock Head trait, so Double-Edge is perfect for it.

WhiteWizard42
15th September 2006, 9:07 PM
STAB NVE Reversal: 150 power
SE Rock Slide: 150 Power

use megahorn because it's actually useful. Swarm + STAB + 120 Base Power is deadly.

Shadow Tyranitar
15th September 2006, 10:33 PM
Kingdra couldn’t even learn Bounce.

Its an eg move you ***clown.

Oh yeah,WW42,forgot about STAB.

Somebody
15th September 2006, 10:47 PM
No it's not an egg move, you "assclown".

Shadow Tyranitar
15th September 2006, 10:50 PM
yes it is!I swear it is,you ''assclown''!

Somebody
15th September 2006, 10:53 PM
Give me a nice reliable link that lists Bounce as one of Kingdra's egg moves and I'll believe you.

Shadow Tyranitar
15th September 2006, 11:14 PM
Horsea can know as eg moves:

flail
aurora beam
octazooka
dragon rage
disable
bounce
dragonbreath

.......I don't have a link,but even my fr/lg,r/s,emerald guides say he does as well as mine knowing it.Yes it does sound unbelievable,but its true.Luvdisc can know it as an eg move,too.

HoagiethePokeBreeder
15th September 2006, 11:29 PM
It may be on your list but does your "Kingdra" actually know Bounce???

Shadow Tyranitar
15th September 2006, 11:32 PM
yes.nothing more.

Somebody
15th September 2006, 11:33 PM
You had to PM me about this? Geez. Heres my proof:
http://www.smogon.com/rs/pokemon/kingdra
http://www.psypokes.com/dex/pokedex.php?id=230&view=breeding
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/v2pokedex186.html
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/230.shtml
All say that Kingdra doesn't get Bounce as an egg move.

aragornbird
15th September 2006, 11:45 PM
Lol.

You should seriously stop using whatever site that said Kingdra could learn Bounce. Also, calling people an assclown is a sign of immaturity. =\

Shadow Tyranitar
15th September 2006, 11:52 PM
???? I have know clue as to why they don't.Does anyone have a guide?Anyone reading this,look in your guide and see if it says horsea learns bounce as an eg move.This is really weird.My kingdra does know it,though.That's good proof you have,Somebody.Hard to argue with that.My guide does say he learns it,all 3 of them,so it can't be a mess up..............I actually don't know how I got it,as grumpig's eg type is field.Thats all I can think of right now.

Why does my guide say that luvdisc knows bounce as well.It says that horsea learns bounce in my fr/lg and emerald guide only.Sorry I put r/s have it as well because they don't say it since I looked in that guide and it says 'splash' in bounce's place.It only says luvdisc learns it in my emerald guide.I'm really confused now...........

Icosahedron
16th September 2006, 12:11 AM
Shadow Tyranitar is right. I have the Official Emerald guide from Nintendo Power and it says that Horsea can have Bounce as an egg move. What's weird though is that the book doesn't give the Contest information for Bounce in the Pokedex. For all the other moves it shows the appeal and jam points, but for Bounce it just says "Bounce."

Also, the only Pokes who learn Bounce, the Rapidash line and Grumpig line, are in the Field Egg Group. Kingdra/Seadra/Horsea are Water 1/Dragon.

I have no idea how you got your Kingdra to learn Bounce. I'm going to see if I can get my Kingdra to learn it now, lol.

Does anyone have an explanation?

Somebody
16th September 2006, 12:14 AM
The nintendo power guidebook made an error then. That's all.

Shadow Tyranitar
16th September 2006, 12:38 AM
No pokemon in emerald guide pokedex can have the move and breed with kingdra/seadra.So, I'll just tell you how I got it. I bought a second ruby game (I already had one of them).The reason:It was $7.00 because it was "cheated" game.I myself don't cheat,though.Since it was that cheap I asked if I could play the game to see if anything was wrong with it.It had infinite rare candies,and an alakazam (l74) that knew hyper beam,toxic,ice beam, and zap cannon and other cheated pokemon that had weird moves.But there was a walrein with bounce (seems like it could learn it,since spheal is a round pokemon).I sent it to my emerald just last week and bred it with my seadra.I hatched 22+ eggs before I got the perfect nature.

I bought the game in Aug 2004,just before school started up.I did not know it was cheated at the time.

Sorry for dragging this along for this long,but I wanted to know if there really was an alternate way.And now it seems there isn't an alternate answer to this.It is the only cheated pokemon I have had.EVER.Any more questions?

PatTar
16th September 2006, 12:42 AM
needs more special IMO.

and more tank.

EDIT: You Cheated????!!!11!!!!111!!!!one1!!!!!

Shadow Tyranitar
16th September 2006, 12:51 AM
I stumbled upon it on accident,but yeah,I cheated.I think I'll trash this "kingdra" since nobody likes cheaters and it's not the real me.Again,I stumbled upon it on accident in 2004,when I didn't know very much at all about pokemon.

Icosahedron
16th September 2006, 1:06 AM
Yeah, when I was seeing if Kingdra could learn Bounce the Walrein line was the first thing I thought of. After all, Spheal/Sealeo/Walrein are Field/Water 1, so it seemed like a possibility.

If Kingdra could learn Bounce, I wonder, would we be seeing physical Kingdras floating around? That'd be hilarious.

And Shadow Tyranitar: in the future, remember that the EV's for each stat should be divisible by 4, to get the most out of them. By using odd numbers like 170 and 90, some are wasted.

As an alternative to your Megahorn/Explosion dilemma, you could try this over Golem:

Rhydon@Choice Band
Adamant Nature
Trait: Rock Head
Earthquake
Rockslide/Rock Blast
Megahorn
Double Edge

Just a thought. I'm not going to even try to list the EV spread, I'm that bad.

Shadow Tyranitar
16th September 2006, 1:14 AM
please delete 1 of the earlier posts;its a DP;its against the rules....

Funny,That is the rhydon that was in this team that I got rid of for golem.

Since mine knows bounce,I think I'll trade it to my XD game to see how a floating kingdra looks.........then I'll get rid of it.

Yes I know evs are divisible by 4,the reason some of them aren't is I had a last minute decision to put more evs somewhere else...........

PatTar
16th September 2006, 2:17 AM
If Kingdra could learn Bounce, I wonder, would we be seeing physical Kingdras floating around? That'd be hilarious.

there are physical kingdras floating around....

Kingdra @ Salac Berry
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp. Atk)
Trait: Swift Swim
- Dragon Dance
- Endure/Sub
- Flail
- Hydro Pump

is used.

Somebody
16th September 2006, 2:19 AM
Flail+Lefties? More like Liechi/not lefties.

Shadow Tyranitar
16th September 2006, 2:23 AM
rain dance over HP on an endflailing kingdra.He needs the speed,otherwise the 2 are useless

PatTar
16th September 2006, 2:23 AM
salac.

and to used to writing "@ Lefties"

xD

EDIT: S_T, Salac Berry & DD are enough speed for him. RD isn't really needed.

Shadow Tyranitar
16th September 2006, 2:26 AM
salac is not always necessary with a good amount of speed evs and rain dance on kingdra-its like built in salac berry......Anyone agree?

Somebody
16th September 2006, 2:27 AM
I wouldn't use Salac Berry or Rain Dance on Flail Kingdra. I'd just rely on Dragon Dance to get the speed boost.

PatTar
16th September 2006, 2:28 AM
no. RD is only good on special Kingdra. Salac is used on ALL flail/endureres.

even with EV's, you still need Salac to make sure you hit first.

WhiteWizard42
16th September 2006, 2:30 AM
kingdra can easily hit 270 speed, and "top out" after a DD boost. since it can take at least 1 of any kind of hit (due to not having weaknesses to anything but elemence, and enough HP/SDef to take that adequately), it'll get the DD in. so, no salac needed. use liechi instead.

Shadow Tyranitar
16th September 2006, 2:32 AM
why not rain dance?It doubles the speed,making DD only useful for atk,right?

PatTar
16th September 2006, 2:34 AM
no RD because you're not powering up any water moves.

Somebody
16th September 2006, 2:34 AM
tbh I'd just settle for 264 speed, Kingdra kinda needs that attack boost(270 speed requires +speed nature). It doesn't matter too much ingame anyway, though.

Shadow Tyranitar
16th September 2006, 2:38 AM
Kingdra@liechi berry
Hasty nature

RD
Endure
Flail
Surf

Is that a good replacement for "cheat kingdra"?

WhiteWizard42
16th September 2006, 2:40 AM
oh right, wasn't really thinking. 270 is the usual stat for DDers because they want to be able to outspeed heracross, but in this case just go with 264 speed (stat) and max attack.

EDIT:

kingdra @ leftovers (or filler, if you have an item clause problem)
modest
EVs: max SAtk / most of the rest in HP
rain dance
surf
ice beam
rest/filler

Somebody
16th September 2006, 2:43 AM
Dragon Dance>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rain Dance on Flail Kingdra. Also I prefer Hydro Pump>Surf but that's more personal preference.
EDIT:Toxic is the best last option for WW42's set imo.

Shadow Tyranitar
16th September 2006, 2:48 AM
So, no endflailer?Why do you 2 have an edit,but no real editing at the bottom?

PatTar
16th September 2006, 2:49 AM
no endureflailer, as you have enough physicals.

i don't understand that last bit. O.O

Shadow Tyranitar
16th September 2006, 2:52 AM
they have ''EDIT:'' in their posts,but it doesn't show they edited at the bottom.You know,last edited by:????? at ?:??

WhiteWizard42
16th September 2006, 3:00 AM
Why do you 2 have an edit,but no real editing at the bottom?

if you edit soon enough after the original post, it doesn't have the "last edited" bar at the bottom. dunno why.

Shadow Tyranitar
16th September 2006, 3:03 AM
Well, thats weird, like quoting going in front of the post being qouted.I saw a couple of them today........anyway this is getting off-topic.