PDA

View Full Version : kh manga

pokefreak1990
16th September 2006, 6:03 PM
has anyone on here read the kingdom hearts manga or not since i can hardly find them. all i have found is volume 4. if you have it can you put up scans of it.

BattleFranky~40
16th September 2006, 6:12 PM
I read some of it. I thought it was horrible.

Also, no asking for scans.

pokefreak1990
22nd September 2006, 12:07 AM
i didn't know that i couldn't ask for scans sorry. maybe just a link to photobucket or sumthin.

pokefreak1990
22nd September 2006, 12:09 AM
i didn't know that i couldn't ask for scans sorry. maybe just a link to photobucket or sumthin.

That Scary Clefairy
22nd September 2006, 1:41 AM
why get scans when you can buy it at the book store? I would get volume 4 but Aurora only in one panel which sucks.

Ridley-X4
22nd September 2006, 1:46 AM
If you've already played the freaking game, why do you need to recap the whole thing, only as a comic?

zonic the hedgehog
22nd September 2006, 1:51 AM
The KH manga is very meh...

Although the part where Phil screams at Sora, "GET ON ITS BACK!!!" during the fight with that creature from Hercules was pretty funny because it made a good direct reference to the annoyance of that line in the game. XP

^ I think that was from the KH2 manga though.

Blackjack Gabbiani
22nd September 2006, 1:54 AM
I was peeved that the battle with Ansem lasted, what, a page and a half? And it cut out half the game!

Kyoto-chan
22nd September 2006, 2:37 AM
Well, Shiro Amano-sensei adds some little tidbits and changes the dialogue very little (although this is just my inferrence from the CoM manga and the KH2 manga) so, even if you've already played the game, you'll still get to see a bit of variation. 'Tis just as if it were from the KH novels - it adds onto the backstory of the games. [Again, just an inferrence from the KH2 novel(s).]

And that's just my two cents.

WheelerTheViper
22nd September 2006, 6:15 AM
It's a good manga, but really hard to come across, and really short on top of that. So much of the worlds are cut out, and even the ones that are kept seem rushed at times. The Disnay characters look EXACTLY as they should, but Sora and co.... not so much. Not that it's a bad style, but Sora looks much more childish than he should.

Dispite my complaints, I love the manga ^^;

Anyone know when CoM is supposed to be released in the US?

Dragon Rider
22nd September 2006, 11:44 AM
I read it online as a scanlation, and thought it was pretty funny (especially the CoM manga... Full Stomach Pot... hehehe...) but the English translation sucks. I do like the way the characters are drawn, though...

PkmnTrainerJ
22nd September 2006, 2:27 PM
I have Volume 1, and the 2nd one is out now too in the UK, of KHI, and I like it so far.

pokefreak1990
23rd September 2006, 7:55 PM
i was just on wikipedia and it said that the kingdom hearts 1 mangas will now be in a box set in october. now all i'm wondering about is when the novels will come out. and if you don't know the novels reveal more stuff that wasn't in the games. these are called Roxas-Seven Days, the Destruction of Hollow Bastion, and the Tears of a Nobody.

Hakuryuu
23rd September 2006, 7:59 PM
I have volume one and two. I'm waaay behind in the U.S. versions. So far, they're pretty good and funny. I enjoy reading them.

WheelerTheViper
26th September 2006, 6:05 AM
i was just on wikipedia and it said that the kingdom hearts 1 mangas will now be in a box set in october. now all i'm wondering about is when the novels will come out. and if you don't know the novels reveal more stuff that wasn't in the games. these are called Roxas-Seven Days, the Destruction of Hollow Bastion, and the Tears of a Nobody.

I want the novels soooooooooooooooooooooooo badly it hurts. Tokyopop better translate them.

pokefreak1990
28th September 2006, 3:07 AM
i hope they do too!!!!!

Kyoto-chan
28th September 2006, 6:09 AM
It'd be a shame if Tokyopop didn't translate them.

The novels fill up so many plot holes in the game...it'd be sad to see if only Japan got to know the whole story and not to be confused. e_e

But there are some [partial] translations around on Livejournal. ^^

pokefreak1990
7th October 2006, 9:46 PM
where on livejournal?

SamsGFX
8th October 2006, 8:59 AM
I've got the first volume, and read the second on the internet. I thought it was quite good, but seeing as I haven't played the game, I suppose it's all new to me :p

pokefreak1990
10th October 2006, 3:08 AM
yah it is if you havn't played. but the manga leaves a couple of worlds out. and i found the rough online translation funny.

Kyoto-chan
11th October 2006, 2:11 AM
where on livejournal?

The goddess Maiki-sama (http://maiki.livejournal.com) translated selected parts of the first novel (and some of the second novel, I think); she also scans the RAWs of the KH2 manga. :D (She also supplied a LOT of info to KHU for their TGS Final Mix+ and Re:Chain of Memories news.)

pokefreak1990
11th October 2006, 10:46 PM
thank you!

littlestchristian13
14th October 2006, 12:14 AM
I have vol. 1-5. but my friend stole vol 1. -_- she denies it, but I saw it in her room...she betta give it back. i like this manga. it is ok, but nothing like the game.

pokefreak1990
14th October 2006, 5:54 PM
you better blackmail her.