PDA

View Full Version : First Manga

/\One Piece/\
17th September 2006, 1:52 AM
What was your first Manga?

Mine was actually One Piece, got it for my birthday ..

LOVED it ever since ^^

Wild Cherry
17th September 2006, 2:05 AM
Mine too was One Piece.

BTW your sig breaks the rules, read here (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=146085)

Cutiebunny
17th September 2006, 3:49 AM
My first manga was 'Sailormoon'.

Umi Mizuno
17th September 2006, 3:53 AM
My first manga was actually Petshop of Horrors.

BattleFranky~40
17th September 2006, 3:58 AM
Kinnikuman (1979-1987)

Miss Kanna
17th September 2006, 11:57 PM
My first manga was in fact,Sailor Moon ^__^

kogawolfman
18th September 2006, 12:11 AM
The first I read was Ragnarok but the first I bought was InuYasha.

zonic the hedgehog
18th September 2006, 12:39 AM
Pokemon Adventures (AKA Pokemon Special) was my first manga.

I think I bought it in 98' or 99', can't remeber the exact date...

That Scary Clefairy
18th September 2006, 2:36 AM
japanese- Doremon

english- GTO.

Aquarelle
18th September 2006, 3:49 AM
My first manga was InuYasha, my cousin gave me a few volumes of it, (Can't remember which ones exactly) and I loved it!
Thoug it's been a while since of read any of them...

~Aquarelle

Flame Haze SnS
18th September 2006, 6:19 AM
My first manga...Kingdom Hearts Vol.1. Planning to get some more of those later...

pikachu25
18th September 2006, 7:23 AM
Pokemon:Pikachu Shocks Back or something like that.

Gatsunoken
18th September 2006, 7:35 AM
Eh, if memory serves, it was "Pokemon Adventures" back in the late 90's when the Pocket Monsters Franchise was at its peak of popularity among my peers(at the time). I've broadened my horizon by leaps and bounds, as you can easily deduce. Though I'm more of those casual fans nowadays than the hardcore whom often suffer from a lack of social interaction.

Chelc
18th September 2006, 2:58 PM
My first manga was Cardcaptor Sakura. ^^

Sneaky
18th September 2006, 3:51 PM
Mine some Pokemon Manga. Called the Electric Tales of Pikachu I think. Helped got me more interested in Pokemon.

Of course, I found out more about manga and started reading other manga and I became more interested in those then. I still love Pokemon manga though.

The Red Butterfly
19th September 2006, 12:02 AM
My first one was Fruits Basket and i've been in love witht he series since^^

Vycksta
19th September 2006, 12:44 AM
Yu-Gi-Oh. Sold them a while ago.

GoggleHead
19th September 2006, 1:32 AM
The first Manga I read would probably be one of the Pokemon ones. The first (and only) Flopped Manga of mine was "Pikachu Shocks Back!". The first Normal manga was Angelic Layer, I just liked the fighting when I was little.

Sailor Merury
19th September 2006, 2:07 AM
My first manga was Tokyo Mew Mew.

Aquadon
19th September 2006, 2:47 AM
Lol, my first Manga was YGO.

I was into Anime WAY before then though.

HK
19th September 2006, 8:38 PM
If I recall correctly, the first manga that I ever came across was Viz's translated one chapter versions of Pokémon: The Electric Tale of Pikachu that came with the first couple of Pokémon videos that I'd collected (read: had my mom buy before I got any money on my own) about seven to eight years ago. I remember actually being really unnerved by the Sabrina/Haunter arc when reading those pamphlet-esque bits... Ah, how nostalgic...

Uzumaki Naruto
20th September 2006, 12:37 AM
My very first manga was Tokyo Mew Mew A La Mode volume one. ;25;

Spirit Rubi
20th September 2006, 2:05 AM
Mine was Magical Pokemon Journey. X3

(At least I think is was... but I got it out of the library so the first manga I bought was Tokyo Mew Mew Vol. 1)

Mimori Kiryu
21st September 2006, 4:12 AM
I don't remember. It may have been Yu-Gi-Oh...=O

WheelerTheViper
22nd September 2006, 7:19 AM
My first manga was, like many others, Electric Tale of Pikachu.

My first Graphic Novel......I think it was Ruroni Kenshin. But I have so many GNs now, I forgot what I started getting first.

PkmnTrainerJ
22nd September 2006, 3:31 PM
Pokémon Adventures, then Battle Royale and now Kingdom Hearts.

mugen33
23rd September 2006, 4:31 AM
I think mine was Rurouni Kenshin. Good place to start off of you ask me.

Konosuke
23rd September 2006, 5:57 AM
my very first manga i ever read was definately prince of tennis when it was being released as scanlations by MangaCity

Fallen Monk Zanba
23rd September 2006, 7:00 AM
"Naruto," volume two.
After I read it, I could not stand having it in my possession.
After that, "Rurouni Kenshin," volume two.
Soon after, my friend gave me "Naruto," volume one.

Yamato-san
23rd September 2006, 5:51 PM
would that Super Mario Adventures comic that ran in Nintendo Power back in the early '90s count? Yeah, it was made in America, for English-speaking audiences, and I don't even know if it was eventually published in Japanese later on or not. However, it was written and illustrated by a pair of Japanese natives, and the style does have a clear manga influence.

Well, if that doesn't count, then I'd have to say it was Pokemon: The Electric Tale of Pikachu... man, I remember my first impression of the manga: "Why's this comic in black & white?" ^^'... but soon, I learned several things about traditional manga, and eventually grew attached to the black & white style as a result, ignoring the lack of color and beginning to notice it for what it is: beautiful detail with ink and shading tones alone.

Kimori
23rd September 2006, 5:54 PM
Mine was Yu-Gi-Oh.. My mom bought an issue at the grocery store. o.o

$n0rlax
25th September 2006, 7:56 PM
The first one I got was Case Closed. Great books, I still read them today.

Rufinito18
26th September 2006, 1:42 AM
First Manga = FMA

blaze boy
26th September 2006, 5:32 PM
Mine was pokemon adventure which I got for my 17th birthday at first I was shock that the picture was in black in white but at the same time the detail of the page stood out after reading it it was hard going back into coloured comics.

Nyaa-Neko
28th September 2006, 8:00 AM
Technically my first manga was either Pokemon Adventures (Special, but translated) or that other Pokemon manga whose title I'm blanking out on, but that was before I knew that it was manga, not just comics. ^_^;;

The first manga I read that I knew was manga was...Prince of Tennis 1, followed shortly after by Your and My Secret 1 and Fruits Basket 1 (by "shortly after" I mean "in the same night"). It was fun...I was with my mini-homestay group in Japan at a youth hostel, and one of the girls had those three translated manga. So we all read them...yup. Fruits Basket got me officially hooked, so I usually don't count the other two, even though I read them first.

Fallen Guardian
29th September 2006, 2:47 PM
My first Manga was Oh My Goddess! Vol 1. The series is still going and I haven't missed a volume yet. Great story and it's great to watch the artists art style change as the story progresses.

Shadow Ichigo
29th September 2006, 6:25 PM
My first manga was Dragon Ball and Pokemon. These were my first two mangas I ever got^^

Kira Yamato
30th September 2006, 12:07 AM
The very first manga I read was either Fullmetal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic!, Negima, or Fruits Basket (can't really remember at the moment).

Leon Phelps
30th September 2006, 12:35 AM
The first manga that I actually owned was Naruto Volume one. I used to just borrow before then, but I can't exactly remember.

Sapphire Phoenix
30th September 2006, 1:06 AM
My first manga is Inuyasha vol. 26. I knew what was happening cause I saw the show before.

Kenouni Renashin
30th September 2006, 5:13 PM
Rurouni Kenshin, 'cause my friend's MSN name is Kenshin, and I wanted to see why he liked it so much. I then brought the fiorst Yu-Gi-Oh! one soon after that.

;249; Kenouni Renashin ;250;

Sapphire Skitty
30th September 2006, 5:16 PM
Inu-Yasha. Ah, those were the days.

dabou
2nd October 2006, 1:22 PM
Mine, if I recall is ... Dragonball Z. And then came yu-gi-oh, naruto and one piece.

Shuko
6th October 2006, 5:08 PM
My first manga was the OLD Viz translation of Lum: Urusei Yatsura. :P My first graphic novel was their "Perfect Collection," of it, lol.

Lilrickyr
6th October 2006, 7:03 PM
first read:Naruto
first bought: .Hack//Legend of the twilight
;376;

BlazeShadow
6th October 2006, 7:07 PM
The first manga i ever read/bought was dragon ball.

Solar Crimson
6th October 2006, 9:56 PM
Well, if you count it, The October 2003 issue of Shonen Jump. Bought it mainly for Dragon Ball Z and YuYu Hakusho, but it was my first ever exposure to Naruto, One Piece, and Shaman King.

If not, then YuYu Hakusho 1 and Death Note 1 & 2, which I bought earlier this year.

SamsGFX
7th October 2006, 1:04 PM
Demon Diaries, which was only earlier this year, about February time

Scallywag
7th October 2006, 1:12 PM
Princess Ai xD
Not that long ago actually. Only coz I never actually got round to checking out the Manga section of Waterstones.
Then I found out they had One Piece and now I go there like every time I'm in town ^_^ Happy days.

kawaii*ninja
7th October 2006, 3:05 PM
My first manga was Othello. It was awesome and im still reading the series, whenever i get the chance to buy them. Yay

MayRules
8th October 2006, 1:23 PM
My first manga was Naruto, which was around the start of this year I believe.

TheTriss
8th October 2006, 2:31 PM
InuYasha. Then Rurouni Kenshin. And now Zatch Bell!!

Shadend
8th October 2006, 7:46 PM
Naruto, first saw it in Shonen Jump and still read it.

Ugobama
8th October 2006, 10:14 PM
My first manga was One Piece. Got a Shonen Jump book and started reading left to right because i did not know it was right to left. I started reading One Piece, the last manga in the book(first one in book for me) and read it the wrong way. After a few minutes i got it right...heh.

Aewyne
9th October 2006, 5:32 AM
My first manga was "Cardcaptor Sakura."

I loved the show Cardcaptors on KidsWB when I was younger ^_^;

shinigami13
10th October 2006, 12:14 AM
The first manga I bought was Pocke Monsters Special but the first one I read was Neon Genesis Evangelion

deoxys_attack_mode
10th October 2006, 6:53 PM
Naruto. But before that were those Electric Tale of Pikachu things, but they weren't right to left.

Battra
11th October 2006, 2:19 AM
If I rember correctly my first Manga was Ranma 1/2, a friend suggested that I try it out and I got hooked on Manga ever since.

Azalia Leafsong
11th October 2006, 2:56 AM
My first Manga was Magic Knight Rayearth volume 1 in English from Mixx Manga.

Sir Marly
11th October 2006, 3:08 AM
mine was naruto been hooked ever since

Lint
13th October 2006, 3:22 AM
Claymore. I haven't read more then the first one, but I would love to read more. Mare keeps having me read different series and it gets annoying. I have yet to finish one of them...

SuperShadow the Hedgehog
13th October 2006, 3:25 AM
Naruto most likely

pokemaster 13
21st October 2006, 10:14 PM
Mine's was pokemon adventures vol. 1!

Sailor Universe
23rd October 2006, 8:57 PM
My first manga was DragonBall. Both me and my brother went into a DB-craze and bought all of the volumes within a year. After that, my interest for manga got bigger... And now I'm an otaku.

Skeith
23rd October 2006, 9:14 PM
Hrrm is was ethier pokemon or dragonball z, I can't remeber but the frist series i ever owned was cowboy bebop

Neko Godot
23rd October 2006, 10:00 PM
Naruto v. 1. Got it from my public library. And since then I've been hooked!

P-fan
24th October 2006, 1:29 AM
SailorMoon.

Catalyst
24th October 2006, 1:41 AM
If I recall correctly, I purchased... Bleach 1 a year ago on my birthday. Since it's somewhat hard to obtain manga in the UK without searching cities. v_v

Pasque
27th October 2006, 11:04 PM
My first ever?
Hmmm... I actualy got Pokemon (Electric Tail of Pikachu). But I tend not to count it since I only got it as a pokefan.

So my first propper one then was Love Hina, a friend gave it to me assuring that it was one of the funniest things they'v read.
And ever since, Iv turned into a bit of an otaku. I baught all the series and started reading other types too.

Catalyst> Have you tried Forbidon Planet in London? And most HMV and Virgen megastores have started selling them too~

Joseph_mew
9th November 2006, 5:23 AM
my first manga was X-1999 Clamp ^^

Neko Godot
9th November 2006, 5:43 AM
Actually, my first manga may have been The Electric Tale of Pikachu, but I only read a small part of it.

Yukikaze
9th November 2006, 6:04 AM
Think it was a Pokemon manga, but I can't remember it though.

Megg Lavender
10th November 2006, 4:06 AM
I think mine was either Sailor Moon, Gundam Wing, or Saint Tail. ^^;

Mysty
11th November 2006, 12:44 AM
I think mine was Sailormoon, but the first entire series I read was Ranma 1/2

Pacman
18th November 2006, 9:04 AM
I think Cowboy Bebop.

Burning Effigy
18th November 2006, 9:06 AM
I bought Naruto vol.1 and now I have over 100 manga.

Super-Staff
18th November 2006, 8:22 PM
The first manga I had ever read was a raw Japanese copy of volume 3 of Sailormoon SuperS that belonged to someone I used to know.

Well, the first translated manga I owned was Evangelion volume 1. My first Japanese manga was a Power Rangers spoof series called Cross Ranger: The Fighting.

Mitsukai
18th November 2006, 9:14 PM
I think my first manga was Cardcaptor Sakura.

Bandana
20th November 2006, 8:01 AM
My first Manga ever was .hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet. I loved it so I got the other two volumes. But that was when I was in overseas. Where I live they only sell Dragonball and Yu Gi Oh and I haven't seen them for sale for a while O_o
But I did look at the pictures of my friends Sailor Moon Manga. I'd read it but I can't read Chinese >.<"

shadow_flygon
20th November 2006, 8:04 AM
either naruto or dragonball z

Bryony
20th November 2006, 11:10 AM
My first manga was Yu-Gi-Oh. I still have the books somewhere in my dusty bedroom.

PachirisuX
25th November 2006, 6:36 AM
DBZ

got it when I was 9

Hyourinmaru
25th November 2006, 10:34 AM
Mine was Card Captor Sakura. I started reading when I was 10~

Sato
25th November 2006, 11:57 AM
First manga was Pokemon Adventures. First unflipped manga was Beyblade. (Ha, I'm the first one in the thread to mention Beyblade. XD)

UberSorcerer
25th November 2006, 12:16 PM
Mine was Beyblades, I now Own Beyblades(Complete) .HACK//LotTB(Complete) and I started Naruto

Meowth! That's right!
25th November 2006, 3:04 PM
Wedding Peach and Tokyo Mew Mew. :D

+Rhapsody+
26th November 2006, 12:59 AM
My very first manga was Naruto volume 1.

I've been addicted to manga/anime ever since then.

Faerie
26th November 2006, 2:18 AM
The first actual manga I read was Toshihiro Ono's Pokemon series. I found it it a bookstore and just picked it up because it was Pokemon.

However, I consider Tokyo Mew Mew my first manga because it was the first manga I ever read while conciously knowing it was manga. When I read the aforementioned Pokemon manga, I really didn't know that much about Japanese stuff and thought that it was a comic book (Which was around the time I thought Pokemon was a cartoon - can you believe it?!). At first Tokyo Mew Mew confused me a little because I didn't know how to read proper manga in the right-to-left format. You probably wouldn't guess that from reading my posts now though. I'm a proper Japanophile! xD

Lightreaper2000
26th November 2006, 7:00 AM
My first manga was dot Hack. My friend let me read that along with Jing King of Bandits and Cursed Sword.

Goth_Guy
5th December 2006, 4:13 AM
Ranma1/2, I was only a wee lad at the time and it perverted my mind.