PDA

View Full Version : Help with my rayquaza

Kabuto
17th September 2006, 5:23 PM
Well last week, I reset for a black rayquaza. I got one after 1000 tries and looked at the nature....it was adamant 0__0. As you can see, this is very rare. I do not want this rayquaza to go to waste. That is why I want to ev train it as best as possible. Also I plan to give it a good moveset. I am debating on what to do...

My Ideas:

A. Choice Band- A Ace, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Extremespeed

B. Leftovers- Dragon Dance, Earthquake, A Ace, Extremespeed

Of course I can clone to get both sets, I already have backups in case I screw up. However, I am also confused with the EVs.

A. 252 atk/ 252 spd/ 6 hp- To obtain this, I would have to give 10 vitamins in attack and speed and face 152 diglett and shuppet and 6 whismur right?

B.252 HP / 228 Atk / 28 SDef- This one is from smogon. However, something tells me this spread is better off online.

So yes, this is the first pokemon I ever ev trained so I want to make it as powerful as possible.

aragornbird
17th September 2006, 6:05 PM
A. 252 atk/ 252 spd/ 6 hp- To obtain this, I would have to give 10 vitamins in attack and speed and face 152 diglett and shuppet and 6 whismur right?
Yeah, or basically any Pokemon that gives you Speed EVs (Zigzagoon and Zubat are quite common), Attack EVs (Shuppets from Mt. Pyre), and HP EVs (only 3 Marills). If you attach Macho Brace to Rayquaza, you'll cut your EV training in half so you'll only need to battle 76 Pokemon for Speed and Attack EVs.

Anyways, the sets are standard, but I prefer Rock Slide over Extremespeed on the DDer since you're gonna be faster than the opponent anyways.

Which set to choose is up to you. If you like the instant power of CB, then use it. Else, go with DD.

Kabuto
17th September 2006, 6:28 PM
Okay thanks alot, you told me all I needed to know. Okay, I'm going to get started. Will give 10 vitamins in attack and speed and start ev training using the macho brace like you said. Also I think I'll go for smeargle and get the speed evs in emerald rather then transferring rayquaza to fr for diglett (not hunting zubat because I have a shiny one already and I might as well hunt for smeargle while I ev train to see if I get lucky). I'm using cb rayquaza but I'll have a ddance rayquaza as backup with the set you said. Much appreciated.