PDA

View Full Version : Emerald Egg Team

Laoin
18th September 2006, 1:24 AM
I only have access to 2 Emeralds (mine and a friend's). I am willing to breed for certain moves, but NOT to get the right Hidden Power move. I will listen to Pokemon species changes, but don't be suprised if I decide not to change a Pokemon out for another. Natures and IVs are only slightly important to me. I'm willing to try for them, but if I've bred 50+ Vulpixes and not one has a certain nature, I'll probably pick the next best and get on with it - same with IVs. I generally don't EV train. As of right now, no Natures, EVs, or items are decided on as they will depend on the moveset I use. Lastly, I believe in using more than just Lefties on everyone, and can't get them just yet anyway, so don't give everyone Lefties please. I think that's all the info anyone could possibly need, so I'll get to the team now. :P

In no particular order:

Relicanth@Undecided
Trait: Rock Head or Swift Swim (doesn't matter really)
Nature: Hasty/Mild
-Amnesia
-Ancientpower
-Surf
-Yawn

Yawn, then Amnesia up to cover his iffy SD, then Surf or AP depending on type. Fairly basic attacker. A shame he can't learn Baton Pass, really...

Ninetails@Undecided
Trait: Flash Fire
Nature: Bold/Modest/Calm
-Heatwave
-Confuse Ray
-Will-O-Wisp
-Attract

Confuse, Burn, then Attract and either switch for better firepower or just Heatwave them dead. Mostly annoyer, but I like my Pokemon to stand on their own as well. Plus I don't think there's much else I COULD inflict on an enemy.

Absol@Undecided
Trait: Pressure
Nature: Naive/Rash
-Swords Dance
-Bite
-Shadow Ball
-Return

I thought about making him a BPer, but his Attack is just too good. Pretty straightforward.

Skarmory@Undecided
Trait: Keen Eye/Sturdy (I like 'em both)
Nature: Lonely/Hasty (for annoying)
-Drill Peck
-Steel Wing
-?/Spikes
-?/Roar or WhirlWind

Skarm is one of my favorite Bird Pokemon, and will not be changed out! :P Standard Drill Peck and Steel Wing for STAB, and then possibly Spikes and Roar/WWind for major damage annoying. Could be fun. *evil grin* Otherwise, no idea what to give an attacking Skarm.

Volbeat@Undecided
Trait: Swarm
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
-Signal Beam
-Confuse Ray
-Double Team
-Moonlight

Confuse, Double Team up, then start attacking and healing as need be. I play mostly at night anyway, so Moonlight isn't that bad of a healer for me. Open to suggestions, but I want to keep Signal Beam and Confuse Ray.

Gardevoir@Undecided
Trait: Syncronize/Trace
Nature: Bold
-Psychic
-Calm Mind
-Thunderbolt
-Will-O-Wisp

Special Attacker. Also my excuse for not having an Electric-type on the team. Really, all I don't have is Grass, Ground, or Fighting... Gardevoir is the Pokemon I'd be most likely to change out, as they're just too overdone. Again, it's a shame he can't learn BP...

aragornbird
18th September 2006, 1:41 AM
Relicanth@Choice Band
Trait: Rock Head
Nature: Naughty
-Ancientpower
-Double-Edge
-Hydro Pump
-Earthquake

Relicanth is not a Pokemon to sit around with Yawn and Amnesia. Also, Hydro Pump since its Sp. Attack sucks majorly

Ninetails@Undecided
Nature: Modest
-Heatwave
-Confuse Ray
-Will-O-Wisp
-Attract

Absol@Undecided
Nature: Adamant
-Swords Dance
-Baton Pass
-Shadow Ball
-Return

It can Attack AND BP.

Skarmory@Undecided
Nature: Impish
-Drill Peck
-Rest
-Spikes
-Roar

WW is illegal with Drill Peck.

Volbeat@Undecided
-Signal Beam
-Confuse Ray/Thunder Wave
-Shadow Ball
-Brick Break

Cool recipient from Absol.

Gardevoir@Undecided
Trait: Trace
Nature: Modest/Calm
-Psychic
-Calm Mind
-Thunderbolt
-Will-O-Wisp

howdodo
18th September 2006, 2:10 AM
i dont recommend volbeat and relicanth but if you want them thats you.

Relicanth@lefties
Adamant
-Rock Slide
-Hydro Pump
-Yawn
-Double-Edge

Volbeat@lefties/CB
Adamant
-Signal Beam/Silver Wind/Tail Glow
-Shadow Ball
-Trick/T Wave
-Brick Break/Confuse Ray

Ninetales@lefties
Calm
-Flamethrower
-WoW
-Safeguard
-Substitute

Absol@lefties
Adamant
-Shadow Ball
-Swords Dance
-Aerial Ace
-Rock Slide

Skarmory@lefties
Impish
-Whirlwind
-Spikes
-Taunt/Rest
-Aerial Ace

Gardevoir@lefties
Timid
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-WoW
-T Bolt

Laoin
18th September 2006, 2:17 AM
Relicanth - This is basically an E4/link battle with one friend team. I'll buy that he's not someone to sit around and Yawn/Amnesia with, but both Hydro Pump comes way too late in the game for me, and Double-Edge is pushing it.

Revised set: AP/Surf/EQ/Yawn

Skarmory - Thanks for the info on WW. As this is ingame, I don't see the purpose of Rest over Steel Wing. With his high Defence and my Full Restores, Rest seems almost redundant. Can you explain it a bit?

Volbeat - Only makes sense to me with the BP from Absol, thanks to the stats. Ray over Wave though, as Ray can effect all but one Pokemon.

Revised set: Signal Beam/CRay/Shadow Ball/Brick Break

Thanks for the help. Good to know at least two of my sets were good as is.

Laoin
18th September 2006, 2:37 AM
i dont recommend volbeat and relicanth but if you want them thats you.

Since it's ingame, I don't mind using them. I've never raised either, and my friend is having great fun with his Volbeat, so now I want to try too.

Relicanth@lefties
Adamant
-Rock Slide
-Hydro Pump
-Yawn
-Double-Edge

First off, I said no lefties on everyone. =/ As I said before, Hydro and DEdge are too late in the game for me. I prefer AP for the possible stat boosts and 100 accuracy. A nice set, but not really doable for me ingame.

Volbeat@lefties/CB
Adamant
-Signal Beam/Silver Wind/Tail Glow
-Shadow Ball
-Trick/T Wave
-Brick Break/Confuse Ray

Signal Beam > Silver Wind. Why have Tail Glow without a special move? Trick doesn't make much sense as he wouldn't go first against many Pokemon I'd put him out against (read: Psychic), and again, Ray over Wave for how many it can effect. I'm sold on Brick Break for him though.

Ninetales@lefties
Calm
-Flamethrower
-WoW
-Safeguard
-Substitute

Heatwave hits two Pokes and the Power/Acc tradeoff is ok, which is why I had it on him. He doesn't have the HP to use Sub IMO, and I'd rather confuse than Safeguard. Might trade out Attract for Safeguard though, as Burn/Confuse is plenty of annoyance.

Absol@lefties
Adamant
-Shadow Ball
-Swords Dance
-Aerial Ace
-Rock Slide

I like the BP idea, and Return will do more damage by the E4 than either AA or RS, which is why I gave it to him in the first place.

Skarmory@lefties
Impish
-Whirlwind
-Spikes
-Taunt/Rest
-Aerial Ace

I'm breeding for Drill Peck. Had a DPing Skar in Crystal, and fell in love. And with Roar, I don't HAVE to have WW. I like the Taunt idea more than Rest, though I still am not sold on dropping Steel Wing. Again, explain why I shouldn't have Steel Wing on Skarm?

Gardevoir@lefties
Timid
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-WoW
-T Bolt

Guess I'm keeping Gard as is. ^^

aragornbird
18th September 2006, 2:49 AM
Skarmory - Thanks for the info on WW. As this is ingame, I don't see the purpose of Rest over Steel Wing. With his high Defence and my Full Restores, Rest seems almost redundant. Can you explain it a bit?
You can't use items in link battles and when Skarm gets pounded by attack after attack while Spiking or phazing, you'll regret not having a healing move. in fact, never say "Oh I can just use a Full Restore". The most challenging battles in the game disallow items like that (and no, the Elite 4 is not challenging).

Volbeat - Only makes sense to me with the BP from Absol, thanks to the stats. Ray over Wave though, as Ray can effect all but one Pokemon.
Confuse Ray is temporary and confusion is just about the worst status move (with Freeze being the best, Sleep being second, and Paralysis being third).

Laoin
18th September 2006, 3:02 AM
You can't use items in link battles and when Skarm gets pounded by attack after attack while Spiking or phazing, you'll regret not having a healing move. in fact, never say "Oh I can just use a Full Restore". The most challenging battles in the game disallow items like that (and no, the Elite 4 is not challenging).

It's been a while since I link battled, so I didn't know about the no item rule. I agree the E4 isn't challenging, but I don't really expect to take this team into the Battle Frontier either. I'll try with both in my current game and see which I like better before I restart. I'm assuming use Chesto with Rest and I was thinking Shell Bell with the Steel Wing set.

Confuse Ray is temporary and confusion is just about the worst status move (with Freeze being the best, Sleep being second, and Paralysis being third).

But doesn't T-wave not affect any Ground-types? Where as Confuse Ray affects everyone but Spinda IIRC. CRay's always worked well for me, especially since I can pile other status effects on top of it. Or am I remembering something wrong here?

Laoin
18th September 2006, 5:53 AM
Ok, now with items and natures. Movesets are pretty darn final, but feel free to suggest changes.

Relicanth@Lefties
Nature: Mild
-Amnesia
-Ancientpower
-Surf
-Yawn

Went with Mild to help with Surf's power. As Aragornbird said, he has Sp. Atk issues. Steady HP regen is nice for him, so he gets Lefties.

Ninetails@Undecided
-Heatwave
-Confuse Ray
-Will-O-Wisp
-Attract

Didn't change, really. Shell Bell for the damage he'll be doing with Heatwave. I figure it'll come close to or better the healing of Lefties.

Absol@White Herb
-Swords Dance
-Baton Pass
-Shadow Ball
-Return

Also went with a White Herb for Absy as he's a Passer now. Wouldn't do to have something I'm passing to be lowered, right? Also went with Adamant as he has no Sp. Attacks now.

Skarmory@Chesto
Nature: Lonely or Impish
-Drill Peck
-Rest
-Spikes
-Roar

Went with Resting, as I plan on having it know that at hatching. Plenty of time to change my mind if I want. Chesto is a dur if I plan on using Rest on him. I still don't care which Ability I get. I'll take either Lonely or Impish nature.

Volbeat@Scope Lens
-Signal Beam
-Thunder Wave
-Shadow Ball
-Brick Break

Took Twave over CRay after I discovered Signal Beam has a chance of Confuse. Why double up status effects? Scope Lens for the hope of Criticals.

Gardevoir@White Herb
Trait: Trace
-Psychic
-Calm Mind
-Thunderbolt
-Will-O-Wisp

Same moveset as before. Joy! I chose Trace for the chance at a 'better ability' (I hope). I was thinking of Brightpowder, but have no idea how much it actually lowers foe accuracy, so went with White Herb instead.

crashandburn
20th September 2006, 2:36 AM
I only have access to 2 Emeralds (mine and a friend's). I am willing to breed for certain moves, but NOT to get the right Hidden Power move. I will listen to Pokemon species changes, but don't be suprised if I decide not to change a Pokemon out for another. Natures and IVs are only slightly important to me. I'm willing to try for them, but if I've bred 50+ Vulpixes and not one has a certain nature, I'll probably pick the next best and get on with it - same with IVs. I generally don't EV train. As of right now, no Natures, EVs, or items are decided on as they will depend on the moveset I use. Lastly, I believe in using more than just Lefties on everyone, and can't get them just yet anyway, so don't give everyone Lefties please. I think that's all the info anyone could possibly need, so I'll get to the team now. :P

In no particular order:

Relicanth@Undecided
Nature: Hasty/Mild
-Amnesia
-Ancientpower
-Surf
-earthquake

Yawn, then Amnesia up to cover his iffy SD, then Surf or AP depending on type. Fairly basic attacker. A shame he can't learn Baton Pass, really...

Ninetails@Undecided
Nature: Bold/Modest/Calm
-Heatwave
-quick attack/fire spin
-Will-O-Wisp/confuse ray
-Attract

Confuse, Burn, then Attract and either switch for better firepower or just Heatwave them dead. Mostly annoyer, but I like my Pokemon to stand on their own as well. Plus I don't think there's much else I COULD inflict on an enemy.

Absol@Undecided
Nature: Naive/Rash
-Swords Dance
-ariel ace
-Shadow Ball
-Return

I thought about making him a BPer, but his Attack is just too good. Pretty straightforward.

Skarmory@Undecided
Nature: Lonely/Hasty (for annoying)
-toxic
-Steel Wing/drill peck
-?/Spikes
-?/Roar or WhirlWind

Skarm is one of my favorite Bird Pokemon, and will not be changed out! :P Standard Drill Peck and Steel Wing for STAB, and then possibly Spikes and Roar/WWind for major damage annoying. Could be fun. *evil grin* Otherwise, no idea what to give an attacking Skarm.

Volbeat@Undecided
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
-Signal Beam
-Confuse Ray
-quick attack/brick break/shadow ball
-Moonlight

Confuse, Double Team up, then start attacking and healing as need be. I play mostly at night anyway, so Moonlight isn't that bad of a healer for me. Open to suggestions, but I want to keep Signal Beam and Confuse Ray.

Gardevoir@Undecided
Trait: Syncronize/Trace
Nature: Bold
-Psychic
-Calm Mind
-Thunderbolt
-Will-O-Wisp

Special Attacker. Also my excuse for not having an Electric-type on the team. Really, all I don't have is Grass, Ground, or Fighting... Gardevoir is the Pokemon I'd be most likely to change out, as they're just too overdone. Again, it's a shame he can't learn BP...

changes in bold

KingBattlus
20th September 2006, 6:53 PM
shell bell won't heal you more than leftovers in most cases, and certainly the overall gains throughout the battle will be in favor of leftovers. since you plan on inflicting so many statuses, you have to prepare for at least one of their attacks to get through, so leftovers is the best choice for ninetales. changes on everything else seem okay, though scope lens/bright powder really aren't great. berries are generally better, even a lum berry would suit gardevoir more than bright powder or white herb. generally a white herb helps most on pokemon using moves like overheat/psychoboost/baton passed curse recepient...
-kb