PDA

View Full Version : Ev Training

Charizard73
18th September 2006, 3:52 PM
Hey, i know there are other threads covering this i just want info quick without lookin. It's simple i just want to know which pokemon give the best evs in each aspects

Hit Points
Attack
Defence
Special Attack
Special Defense
Speed

Also a good Ev spread for a modest Kingdra

aragornbird
18th September 2006, 4:27 PM
The best Pokémon all give you 3 EVs in each stat, but they are fully-evolveds and legendaries, so you can’t really EV train against them.

But for the common Pokémon that can give you EVs and are easy to encounter:

Marill - HP
Shuppet - Attack
Geodude - Defense
Spinda – Special Attack
Tentacool – Special Defense
Zubat – Speed

That’s for R/S/E.

Kingdra (assuming it’s the Rain Dancing version) could have 116 HP / 252 SAtk / 140 SDef. The Hp and Sdef help it survive about 2 STAB Thunderbolts from Pokémon like Zapdos and Raikou.

Crypted Wolf
19th September 2006, 12:04 AM
And i bet theres lots of people in BF with Zapdos and Raikou Take some Sp.Defence out and add it to speed.

Mostly everything on route 118 (grassy areas) increces speed.

Mechtaur
19th September 2006, 3:41 AM
The best Pokémon all give you 3 EVs in each stat, but they are fully-evolveds and legendaries, so you can’t really EV train against them.

But for the common Pokémon that can give you EVs and are easy to encounter:

Marill - HP
Shuppet - Attack
Geodude - Defense
Spinda – Special Attack
Tentacool – Special Defense
Zubat – Speed

That’s for R/S/E.

Kingdra (assuming it’s the Rain Dancing version) could have 116 HP / 252 SAtk / 140 SDef. The Hp and Sdef help it survive about 2 STAB Thunderbolts from Pokémon like Zapdos and Raikou.

or you can use the Whismer in Rusturf tunnel for HP.

oober noober
19th September 2006, 3:44 AM
i still dont know how to get good def evs geodudes are not common and rocksmashing is a ***** to do sometime u dont get anything

aragornbird
19th September 2006, 3:47 AM
And i bet theres lots of people in BF with Zapdos and Raikou Take some Sp.Defence out and add it to speed.

Anabel has a Raikou and Brandon has a Zapdos. Also, those two can pop up anytime you try to fight for the Gold symbols as that's when legendaries appear.
Also, Speed is unnessecary since Rain Dance automatically gives Kingdra 400+ Speed, faster than every important opponent out there.

or you can use the Whismer in Rusturf tunnel for HP.
True, but Marrill gives 2 EVs while Whismur only gives one. And Marrills found by Surfing in ponds (especially the ones in Petalburg City) will appear 100% of the time.

mew_the_gray
19th September 2006, 4:45 AM
Anabel has a Raikou and Brandon has a Zapdos. Also, those two can pop up anytime you try to fight for the Gold symbols as that's when legendaries appear.
Also, Speed is unnessecary since Rain Dance automatically gives Kingdra 400+ Speed, faster than every important opponent out there.

True, but Marrill gives 2 EVs while Whismur only gives one. And Marrills found by Surfing in ponds (especially the ones in Petalburg City) will appear 100% of the time.

Yeap marrill do give ya 2 points each but you need to surf alot in order to find them better bring sweet scent

Charizard73
19th September 2006, 9:45 AM
How many Special Ev's do Spinda give out, that's my main focus since i asked for the Kingdra, that's what am i doing, also since you said focus on special defence, how many does tentacool give?

Also, since i bred a horsea it's ev's would be 0 and i'd have 510 available ev's to raise my horsea with yes? so if i raised my lvl 32 Seadra (caught in the wild), would it still have the 510 available evs or would there be less available to it?
By giving my horsea the macho brace that should double Ev's?
One more thing, wouldnt a memento'ing Gardevoir yeild more Special attack ev's than a Spinda??

aragornbird
19th September 2006, 4:41 PM
How many Special Ev's do Spinda give out
how many does tentacool give?
1 to both.

Also, since i bred a horsea it's ev's would be 0 and i'd have 510 available ev's to raise my horsea with yes? so if i raised my lvl 32 Seadra (caught in the wild), would it still have the 510 available evs or would there be less available to it?
Yes, all Pokemon with no battling experience start out with 0 and can reach 510.

By giving my horsea the macho brace that should double Ev's?
Yes, it doubles your EV gain, so you can get 2 from Spinda instead of 1.

One more thing, wouldnt a memento'ing Gardevoir yeild more Special attack ev's than a Spinda??
Gardevoir gives 3 (6 with Macho Brace), but you can't find them in the wild (and the only way to battle one is by mixing records and fighting in a secret base).