PDA

View Full Version : My All round Team (Improvments probaly can be MADE!)

SpaceOdd
18th September 2006, 3:40 PM
This is Basically my team that I use for anything IN-Game, Not the greatest team, but has done quite well, but I would like to try and make it a bit better.

So far this team has won me all silver medels in the Fronter and two gold medels.

Slowbro
Owntempo
Bold
Shell Bell

Ice Beam
Surf
Thunderwave
Calm Mind

I maxed out both it's defecnce stats, which has been working for me.

Gengar
Levitate
Modest
Petaya Berry

Ice Punch
Fire Punch
Psychic
Thunderbolt

Maxed both sp.Attack and Speed.

Snorlax
Thick Fat
Careful
Chesto Berry

Shadow Ball
Double-Edge
Curse
Rest

Maxed out HP and Sp.defence, Double egde is there because he was traded. So Return is pretty weak.

Heracross
Swarm
Adamant
Salac Berry

Rockslide
Megahorn
Reversal
Endure

Maxed out Attack and Speed.

Skarmory
Sturdy
Impish
Leftovers

Drill Peck
Roar
Toxic
Spikes

Maxed out HP, nearly maxed defence what was left over was put between Attack and Sp.defence. This is my least fav pokemon on my team, but I can't think what other defensive wall there is. I also use this poke the least.

Flygon
levitate
Adamant
Choice Band

Quick Attack- not bad for weak swich ins.
Fly- Hidden power was too much of a pain.
Rock Slide
Earthquake

Maxed out Attack and Speed.

Thats my team any suggestions for improvements would be great.

Though three pokemon I don't want to replace are Gengar, Snorlax and Slowbro. I just like these three.

The rest I am willing to swap with others if anyone thinks it would improve the team as long as there not Legendry pokes like Zapdos since my ones are well just bad.

aragornbird
18th September 2006, 4:25 PM
Slowbro
Owntempo
Bold
Shell Bell
Ice Beam
Surf
Thunderwave
Calm Mind

It'll work better if you only maxed out its Def and put a bunch in HP. It doesn't need much in S Def since it has Calm Mind.

Gengar
Levitate
Modest
Petaya Berry

Ice Punch
Fire Punch
Substitute/Hypnosis
Thunderbolt

Gengar doesn't need Psychic. And you can't guarantee Petaya Berry will work unless you use Subsitute. Hypnosis also works

Snorlax
Thick Fat
Careful
Chesto Berry

Shadow Ball
Body Slam
Curse
Rest

Bad idea maxing out S. Def. With Careful, it only needs a little bit of S. Def EVs. You need to put some in Attack as well.

Heracross
Swarm
Adamant
Salac Berry

Rockslide
Megahorn
Reversal
Endure

Skarmory
Sturdy
Impish
Leftovers

Drill Peck
Roar
Toxic
Spikes

It's useful against Lucy, that's for sure. Weezing, Forretress, Donphan, and Cloyster are also physical walls.

Flygon
levitate
Adamant
Choice Band

Quick Attack- not bad for weak swich ins.
Fire Blast
Rock Slide
Earthquake

Fire Blast for enemy Skarms/Forretress.

SpaceOdd
18th September 2006, 5:05 PM
Thanks for the advice

Slowbro
The reason I maxed out both defences in slowbro was due to the fact, when I looked at his hit points they were the same as Skarms well a couple hit points below. So thought seemed alright and use him a mixed kind of wall. If I was to change with higher Hp then mybe counter might be better move to have instead of thunderwave and take advantage of the higher HP?

Gengar
As for Gengar I like the way he is I found Psychic makes him pretty versatile and I use him for switch in on a lot of poison and fighting types and things with choice band lot of the time. That I don't really like Hypnosis since for me it just never likes to hit, But I'll give the Substitute move try and see how it goes, unless you can think of a better held item that might work with the current set?

Snorlax
I agree I probably could of gave lax a bit more attack though thought 255/6 (this is it's actual attack) was still pretty usable since the stat was likely to be boosted anyway and its sp.def doesnít get any top ups. Body slam though I think is a good idea the effect from it would help.

Skarm
I am still a bit iffy about him, but don't really see any alternatives to him looking the other walls since I was looking for something not affected by Earthquake and the only one I see is Weezing and that would be another poison on my team, not sure if he would be good or not, just with the popular psychic types.
Still I like weezing so I'll give him a try.

Flygon
Would fireblast really be any good on special stat of 160 I think thatís pretty poor myself? Might of considered it more if it was between the 185-205 stat.

Thanks aragornbird though I'll defiantly make some changes, but some I might need a bit convincing like fireblast on Flygon.

Amaranth
18th September 2006, 5:26 PM
Kool
Phycic
Ice Beam
Surf
Toxic
Imo
On Slowbro

aragornbird
18th September 2006, 5:59 PM
^Lol, SpaceOdd original set is far better than that.

The reason I maxed out both defences in slowbro was due to the fact, when I looked at his hit points they were the same as Skarms well a couple hit points below. So thought seemed alright and use him a mixed kind of wall. If I was to change with higher Hp then mybe counter might be better move to have instead of thunderwave and take advantage of the higher HP?
Skarm's HP isn't that great, and Slowbro should have much higher HP than Skarm (your Bro must have a bad HP IV). So that's all the more reason to raise HP. Counter isn't needed, T-Wave is cool and can help Slowbro out.

Gengar
But I'll give the Substitute move try and see how it goes, unless you can think of a better held item that might work with the current set?
Nah, Petaya Berry is impossible to get in-game, so use it to your advantage.

Flygon
Would fireblast really be any good on special stat of 160 I think thatís pretty poor myself? Might of considered it more if it was between the 185-205 stat.
It's fine since it will still 2KO Skarm and OHKO Forretress. Better than Fly at least.

SpaceOdd
18th September 2006, 6:43 PM
How much higher should Slowbro HP be? Since I havenít put any EV's into that stat and the HP at what I thought was a quite respectable 330 looking at him now compared to Skarms who was EV trained to have the best HP he can have, which is 334 at best.

I thought the slowbro had, wasn't that bad, since if you calculate using the EV points say to 252 EV that would come to I think 392, which isnít far off from it's best. I am not that great at maths but I don't think too wrong there.

I'll give the fire Blast a go on flygon I guess if I hate it it's easy enough to change back, though I didn't think fire blast would benifit from the choice band since I was reading something about that a while back in this section.

I couldn't make that other set without annoying my neighbour to get anouther Toxic

Update: Changes made.

I ve made a few changes to my team, I've giving snorlax, body slam, Flygon, Fire Blast and the biggest change being I've decided to lose Skarm, I am not so keen on it and it's the pokemon I use the least.

Replacing with Weezing who I thought would work with this set.

Relaxed or Bold?
Sludge Bomb
Fireblast- someone might have a better suggestion
Will-o-Wisp
Haze

I am not sure Ev's to put to this poke so if anyone can help that would be greatly apperciated, but I would like make him Physical Wall.