View Full Version : Additions to Frontier Team

Ballade
19th September 2006, 2:41 AM
Cacturne: (set 1)
@ Leftovers
Ingrain
Leech Seed
Needle Arm
Faint Attack (if you say to replace with HP: Dark, then tell me what I need to do, otherwise, don't bother saying anything about HP)

Cacturne: (set 2)
@ King's Rock
Needle Arm
Faint Attack
Thunderpunch
------ (filler)

Cacturne: (set 3)
@ Lax Incense
Sandstorm/sunny day
Faint attack
Needle arm
Solarbeam

Houndoom:
@ whatever
Crunch/Faint Attack
Flamethrower
Sunny day
Solarbeam

Arcanine:
@ whatever
Flamethrower
Crunch
Extremespeed
Heatwave/Aerial Ace/Iron Tail

Lapras:
@ whatever
Ice Beam
Surf
Rest
T-bolt

Golduck:
@whatever
Ice Beam
Surf
Psychic
Disable

Aggron:
@ whatever
Iron Claw/Iron Tail
Rock Slide
Rest
EQ

Pupitar: (won't evolve until lv. 55; plan to use it in the lv. 50 competitions)
@ whatever
Rock Slide
Crunch
EQ
DD

NATURES NEEDED:
Zangoose
Slaking
Skarmory
Sceptile
Scyther
Scizor
Electabuzz

Ok, I need to know which pokemon are the best of their typing (i.e. Golduck > Lapras or vice versa.) I also need natures for them and the other ones I listed under "natures needed".

aragornbird
19th September 2006, 3:08 AM
All those Cacturne sets are pretty bad (or have major flaws in them).

Cacturne @Leftovers
Brave Nature
-Focus Punch
-Substitute
-Needle Arm
-Thunderpunch/Leech Seed

Houndoom is more versatile, but Arcanine lasts longer.

Lapras > Golduck

If you're not gonna evolve Pupitar, then don't use it. Also, Rhydon/Aerodactyl > Aggron.

Houndoom - Timid
Arcanine - Lonely/Naughty
Lapras - Bold/Modest
Rhydon/Aerodactyl/Aggron - Adamant
Zangoose - Adamant
Slaking - Adamant
Skarmory - Impish
Sceptile - Timid
Scyther - Adamant
Scizor - Adamant
Electabuzz – Timid/Modest

Shadow Tyranitar
19th September 2006, 3:10 AM
Cacturne: (set 3)adamant nature
@ Lax Incense
Sandstorm
Faint attacksub
Needle arm/leech seed (it can work with all of this evasion + sub)
focus punch (if you get sub)

Houndoom:modest nature
@ leftovers
Crunch
Flamethrower
WoW
HP water (for his weaknesses)

Arcanine:lonely/naughty
@ leftovers
Flamethrower
Crunch
Extremespeed
Aerial Ace
Lapras:modest
@ leftovers
Ice Beam
Surf
psychic
sing/confuse ray

Golduck:modest
@ chesto berry/leftovers
calm mind
Surf
Psychic
rest/ice beam

Aggron:adamant
@ leftovers
Iron Claw/Iron Tailno such move as IC.go with IT
Rock Slide
Restt-wave/double-edge (DE if he has rock head)
EQ

Pupitar:adamant (won't evolve until lv. 55; plan to use it in the lv. 50 competitions)
@ leftovers
Rock Slide
aerial ace (the damn grass types)
EQ
DD

NATURES NEEDED:
Zangooseadamant
Slakingadamant
Skarmoryadamant
Sceptilemodest
Scytheradamant
Scizoradamant
Electabuzzmodest

Ok, I need to know which pokemon are the best of their typing (i.e. Golduck > Lapras or vice versa.) I also need natures for them and the other ones I listed under "natures needed".lapras is better than golduck
Is this for DB?

Ballade
19th September 2006, 3:28 AM
@ aragornbird; I plan on using Pupitar so that I can get a feel on how it'll be once it evolves into Tyranitar (for the lv 100 competitions), and I'm still trying to play around with the sets for Cacturne. I'll breed one with a neutral catagory nature and play things from there and see if a better Cacturne would be needed

@ Shadow Tyranitar; if I'm going to be using Hidden Power: whatever, then tell me the EASIEST way to get it, I'm not going to hatch a hundred plus eggs just so I have the right EVs and the right Nature. Plus WoW isn't that useful since the accuracy is 75%. I might as well use Fire Blast so i have a higher chance of burn and do damage in the process (I loved how I demolished a Wheezing that had WoW before in the Frontier and all it did was use WoW :D) (and about the Iron claw, I think I meant Metal Claw). Plus remember to put WHICH of the two are better in compared to their types (like the Lapras and Golduck comparision, but with the rest)

aragornbird
19th September 2006, 3:37 AM
@ aragornbird; I plan on using Pupitar so that I can get a feel on how it'll be once it evolves into Tyranitar (for the lv 100 competitions), and I'm still trying to play around with the sets for Cacturne. I'll breed one with a neutral catagory nature and play things from there and see if a better Cacturne would be needed

Pupitar is so different from Tyranitar. Not only is it a Rock/Ground instead of Rock/Dark, it also has a different trait, and can’t learn a lot of the moves Ttar can. How Pupitar does in battle has no bearing on how Tyranitar does.

@ Shadow Tyranitar; if I'm going to be using Hidden Power: whatever, then tell me the EASIEST way to get it, I'm not going to hatch a hundred plus eggs just so I have the right EVs and the right Nature.
That's the only way you can get it and S_T isn't the type of person who listens to guidelines like "Don't suggest HPs as they are nearly impossible to get".

Ballade
20th September 2006, 3:21 AM
Pupitar is so different from Tyranitar. Not only is it a Rock/Ground instead of Rock/Dark, it also has a different trait, and can’t learn a lot of the moves Ttar can. How Pupitar does in battle has no bearing on how Tyranitar does.

That's the only way you can get it and S_T isn't the type of person who listens to guidelines like "Don't suggest HPs as they are nearly impossible to get".

prt 1: It may be different, but it's still similar. Just because it doesn't get STAB from Crunch doesn't make it entirely useless, and I can still get a good IDEA on how it will work.

prt 2: lol thanks for telling me, I'll keep a note of it.

Anyways, I think both Houndoom and Arcanine will be good, so I'll throw them on the team. Houndoom has great sp. atk and gets a STAB from Crunch AND Flamethrower, and Sunny Day will still be useful for powering up Fire-type attacks. Arcanine's Sp. atk and atk are also very good so it can be a bit more versitile.

I'll probably go with Lapras over Golduck, I already have a good Psychic type, and Lapras can also be used as a Sp. wall. I'll probably clone Cacturne with a neutral nature and have one set know Sandstorm, Needle arm, double team, and faint attack/flash with a lax incense and the other know Needle arm, Faint attack, Sandstorm, and either Ingrain, Leech Seed, or T-punch.