PDA

View Full Version : Badlogin_Strikes

ΩOmega WeavileΩ
19th September 2006, 2:50 AM
I normally have the "Remember me?" thing turn on, right? Well, I came on, and I noticed that I wasn't logged in, so I type my name in, and login and I get this message:

Could not find the phrase, Badlogin_Strikes
It took about 10 tries to get me logged in. What happened?

Virtual Headache
19th September 2006, 2:56 AM
When you try to login and use the wrong username/password combination 5 times, you can't try to login again for a few minutes (15 IIRC).

Everytime you use the wrong combo, you get one strike.
It seems like that's happened to you and the phrase is missing.

Serebii
19th September 2006, 7:26 AM
Hmm must have been an error in the new upgrade

I'll go report it

Amadeus
19th September 2006, 8:50 AM
Happened to me once, but I haven't seen it since. I'll let you know if it comes up again.

Pokefan John
21st September 2006, 4:19 AM
It sounds basically like a security device, so someone couldn't rig a computer to punch in random keys at mach 5 into the password box and eventually get it. Or maybe I'm just overthinkin' it.

Anyways, good thing you got back in.

pika_power
21st September 2006, 4:26 AM
^yes I think it is a brute-force stopper.

ΩOmega WeavileΩ
21st September 2006, 4:30 AM
I see what you mean, but I did try more than 5 times to get in, and it never did the thing like "You must now wait 15 minutes until you can make another attempt" or something like that. Im not sure its still there, but im not going to test it to find out. Im keeping it on remember me, so I shouldn't have this problem anymore...i hope.

facetious
21st September 2006, 11:17 AM
This only happens if you mistyped your password, it should not show up otherwise.

Test it for yourself. :rolleyes:

Hydronus
21st September 2006, 2:41 PM
I never have to login.
Check the box that says remember me. And make sure your cookies are enabled. Also make sure the password that is set to "remember me" is the correct password for your username.

skitty24
21st September 2006, 3:14 PM
I always leave the check in the remember me box. I had the badlogin_strikes happen to me 3 times in a row.

-skitty24